General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 05:24 PM   #1  
This chub has got to go!

S/C/G: 240/229/180

Height: 5ft 9in

Default Wendy Chant's 'Crack the fat loss code'

I picked up the newest 'First Magazine' and it had an article for Wendy Chant's new diet.. has anyone tried this?
it says you can loose 16 lbs in 7 days..
Old 07-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #2  
it's always something

I hate to sound so negative, but those magazines are known for taking a gimmick and blowing it out of proportion.

You have to burn 3500 excess calories to lose one pound of fat. To lose 16 pounds in 7 days would mean burning 56,000 calories, or 8,000 calories per day. Considering that a 200 pound person would burn just over 600 calories by jogging for a whole hour, I don't see how any human could burn fat at that rate.

The diet may possibly cause loss of water weight and might even clean out your bowels, which would account for some initial weight loss. But what happens then?

Weight loss at the rate of 1 to 2 pounds per week is more realistic
Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I would be very dubious about any plan that promises a 16 pound loss in 7 days.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #4  
This chub has got to go!

S/C/G: 240/229/180

Height: 5ft 9in

That was my first thought too, was water weight. The first week is identical to Atkins, and then week 2 & 3 are basically a carb/calorie shifting.
Too bad I can't blink my eyes like I dream of Jeanie and make 100lbs dissapear.. hheehhee
Old 07-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #5  

I'm on Day Five of Week One. I've lost 4-1/2 lbs. I lost 1-1/2 lbs the first, second and fourth days. I didn't lose anything the third day. You need the book. Even the recipe for the breakfast dish is incorrect in the magazine. I have learned, at the age of 51, that I DO like cottage cheese and omelettes (which is what that breakfast dish actually is).
Old 07-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #6  

Default New to Crack the code diet

Hi everyone,
I bought the "First" magazine because of "Drop 16 lbs. in 1 week" and then I read everything I could find here on the Crack the fat loss code diet. It sounds too good to be true which tells me it likely is but there seemed to be so many people saying how they've dropped lbs. in days so I went out a purchased the book today. (The only thing I've got to lose is the weight and $20.00 for the book). I've only skimmed it and read cycle 1. I'm planning to start on Monday. Good old Monday. We have BBq plans with friends this weekend and I know there will be alcohol so why set up for failure?

I'm looking for a little advice. I admit I am a carb-aholic and couldn't be bothered with much meat. Some people said they got really sick within the first few days. Is there anything to do to prevent or limit this.

Also for protein shakes does anyone know why we can't use soy based shakes? I have soya protein already, do I need to buy another?

Thanks
Michelle.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/222/150

Height: 5ft 5in

Smile To mftaylor2,

In response to your question on why we can't have soy protien. I am curently on day 2 of week 2 and was wondering the same thing. I just read an article from Woman's World magazine titled "Feeling fat and tired? Try the thyroid cure!" (July 21, 2008) In the article, it said that "soy contains isoflavones that can slow weight loss by reducing levels of thyroid hormones!" So I guess Wendy took into consideration that some people on the plan may have thyroid problems so to cover all bases she discourages the use of soy. (This is just my opinion, she does not say why in her book)

The Best ,

PurpleJade
Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #8  

Default Thanks

Thanks so much. I did pick up whey pretein powder today for tomorrow.
I was also wondering about the recipe for Tasty Turkey Taco Salad in Wendy's book. I'm starting week 1 tomorrow and the book says to only eat the vegetables listed and to track the carbs. The recipe for turkey taco salad is listed for week 1 but it has tomatoes and onion which are not on the list for this week. Does anyone know if these vegetables are ok in week 1 or if there's a misprint or something because I was planning on having that salad tomorrow for lunch? I don't want to mess up on the first day.
Thanks
Michelle.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #9  

Michelle,

It's weird, I see the Tasty Turkey Taco Salad in the index of the book but when I go to the page it is the recipe for a Cucumber Salad. I think you should just stick with the vegetables she list because onions have about 14grams of carbs per raw cup and tomotates have about 8 gram of carbs in one cup. So as tasty as that salad sounds, I think you should wait until the first week is over. ;-)
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM   #10  

Default thanks again

Thanks again,
There seems to be a few inconsistencies in this book. I'm trying to follow it but I know I'm going to find it very hard the first week. So far 1 day down, 6 to go.
Michelle.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:58 PM   #11  

You can and will make it Michelle. I like fact that you must eat every 3 to 4 hours so you will never really be hungary.

Also, you have got to try the Jay Robb Protein shakes, they taste so good, I can't believe they have zero carbs and zero sugars (it is sweetened with Stevia). I purchased mine in the Vitamin Shoppe but he also has a website you can order them from. I have the Vanilla and the Chocalate flavor and have been blending them with different Crystal Light flavors - they are awesome.

Have a wonderful and successful Week 1. :-)
Old 07-19-2008, 02:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/231/140

Height: 5' 4"

Default Day 2 & feeling full

I bought the book & started yesterday. I'm using carb cycling to try to break a major stall. Having lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on low carb/low cal I've been stuck at 228-232 for the last 2 weeks.
While Chant's ideas about carb cycling make sense, some of her science is a bit hokey and, as an Amazon reviewer pointed out, the book is in major need of editing. Here are some puzzles:
  • She mandates a cup of brocolli a day but doesn't put it in the meal plan - is it counted or not?
  • As far as I can see, she doesn't mention milk anywhere in the book. The only dairy foods mentioned are cottage cheese, butter & "sprinkles" of grated cheese does that mean I can't ever have milk in tea or coffee?
  • She advocates excercise but doesn't say much else about it
However, I'm not going to let little details throw me off, I'll stick to it for the prescribed 8 weeks & then re-evaluate. I like the fact that you eat every 3 hours so you don't feel hungry and, after the first 3 weeks, it's a "lifestyle" rather than a diet. A couple of days a week you can eat pizza or drink alcohol.
This is probably my 30th weight loss plan in 42 years, wouldn't it be nice if it's my last?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #13  

I just completed the first week of Wendy's program. I stuck to it 100%. I lost 12 pounds my first week! I am amazed. Nothing I've tried has ever worked like that. I don't expect to lose that much again but what a jumpstart!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 PM   #14  

Thumbs up having great success

Hi guys n' gals!

I started w/ the First article and graduated to the book to find out more. I did the first 4 days of the article exactly and lost 12 pounds the first 4 days. I also have been weight training as she directed and feel better than I have in a really, really long time. I am going to switch to the book's 8 week plan after this first week. Her logic makes great sense to me and I can't wait to get the to weeks where I can put in my 2 (cheat days). Also, to answer to whey protein question, I can't remember where in the book exactly, but she does address the whey vs soy issue. (sorry I can't remember)...

Anyway, if anyone out there has committed to do this thing, please let me know b/c I'm there with you and I'm going to REALLY go for it! I weighed 252.6 when I started and I weighed 240 this morning.

I've read You on a Diet 3 times and feel like I have a pretty good idea of what happens when food enters our bodies... I decided to try this because it makes perfect sense and it's NOT like Atkins b/c our bodies are always adapting and Atkins has one premise only... don't eat carbs, anything else goes. That couldn't be further from this plan... it's very structured and precise.. there IS a rhyme and reason to what we're eating and which macronutrients are paired with what and when.

Please encourage me and I'll keep you all posted... Good luck to each and everyone of you...
Old 07-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/238.5/170

Height: 5'5"

It was reading the article in First over the weekend that made me decide it's time. I've done Atkins (20lbs lost a few years ago), and felt great on it, but also felt deprived because I love pasta, bread, etc.

I'm going to follow the magazine this week, and then pick up the book over the weekend.

Wish me luck!
Closed Thread