General Diet Plans and Questions - Wendy Chant's 'Crack the fat loss code'

marmi
07-07-2008, 06:24 PM
I picked up the newest 'First Magazine' and it had an article for Wendy Chant's new diet.. has anyone tried this?
it says you can loose 16 lbs in 7 days..

Suzanne 3FC
07-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I hate to sound so negative, but those magazines are known for taking a gimmick and blowing it out of proportion.

You have to burn 3500 excess calories to lose one pound of fat. To lose 16 pounds in 7 days would mean burning 56,000 calories, or 8,000 calories per day. Considering that a 200 pound person would burn just over 600 calories by jogging for a whole hour, I don't see how any human could burn fat at that rate.

The diet may possibly cause loss of water weight and might even clean out your bowels, which would account for some initial weight loss. But what happens then?

:shrug:

Weight loss at the rate of 1 to 2 pounds per week is more realistic :)

bargoo
07-07-2008, 07:10 PM
I would be very dubious about any plan that promises a 16 pound loss in 7 days.

marmi
07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
That was my first thought too, was water weight. The first week is identical to Atkins, and then week 2 & 3 are basically a carb/calorie shifting.
Too bad I can't blink my eyes like I dream of Jeanie and make 100lbs dissapear.. hheehhee :genie:

Hepzibuh
07-09-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm on Day Five of Week One. I've lost 4-1/2 lbs. I lost 1-1/2 lbs the first, second and fourth days. I didn't lose anything the third day. You need the book. Even the recipe for the breakfast dish is incorrect in the magazine. I have learned, at the age of 51, that I DO like cottage cheese and omelettes (which is what that breakfast dish actually is).

mftaylor2
07-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone,
I bought the "First" magazine because of "Drop 16 lbs. in 1 week" and then I read everything I could find here on the Crack the fat loss code diet. It sounds too good to be true which tells me it likely is but there seemed to be so many people saying how they've dropped lbs. in days so I went out a purchased the book today. (The only thing I've got to lose is the weight and $20.00 for the book). I've only skimmed it and read cycle 1. I'm planning to start on Monday. Good old Monday. We have BBq plans with friends this weekend and I know there will be alcohol so why set up for failure?

I'm looking for a little advice. I admit I am a carb-aholic and couldn't be bothered with much meat. Some people said they got really sick within the first few days. Is there anything to do to prevent or limit this.

Also for protein shakes does anyone know why we can't use soy based shakes? I have soya protein already, do I need to buy another?

Thanks
Michelle.

PurpleJade
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
In response to your question on why we can't have soy protien. I am curently on day 2 of week 2 and was wondering the same thing. I just read an article from Woman's World magazine titled "Feeling fat and tired? Try the thyroid cure!" (July 21, 2008) In the article, it said that "soy contains isoflavones that can slow weight loss by reducing levels of thyroid hormones!" So I guess Wendy took into consideration that some people on the plan may have thyroid problems so to cover all bases she discourages the use of soy. (This is just my opinion, she does not say why in her book)

The Best :),

PurpleJade

mftaylor2
07-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Thanks so much. I did pick up whey pretein powder today for tomorrow.
I was also wondering about the recipe for Tasty Turkey Taco Salad in Wendy's book. I'm starting week 1 tomorrow and the book says to only eat the vegetables listed and to track the carbs. The recipe for turkey taco salad is listed for week 1 but it has tomatoes and onion which are not on the list for this week. Does anyone know if these vegetables are ok in week 1 or if there's a misprint or something because I was planning on having that salad tomorrow for lunch? I don't want to mess up on the first day.
Thanks
Michelle.

PurpleJade
07-14-2008, 08:26 PM
Michelle,

It's weird, I see the Tasty Turkey Taco Salad in the index of the book but when I go to the page it is the recipe for a Cucumber Salad. I think you should just stick with the vegetables she list because onions have about 14grams of carbs per raw cup and tomotates have about 8 gram of carbs in one cup. So as tasty as that salad sounds, I think you should wait until the first week is over. ;-)

mftaylor2
07-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks again,
There seems to be a few inconsistencies in this book. I'm trying to follow it but I know I'm going to find it very hard the first week. So far 1 day down, 6 to go.
Michelle.

PurpleJade
07-15-2008, 09:58 PM
You can and will make it Michelle. I like fact that you must eat every 3 to 4 hours so you will never really be hungary.

Also, you have got to try the Jay Robb Protein shakes, they taste so good, I can't believe they have zero carbs and zero sugars (it is sweetened with Stevia). I purchased mine in the Vitamin Shoppe but he also has a website you can order them from. I have the Vanilla and the Chocalate flavor and have been blending them with different Crystal Light flavors - they are awesome.

Have a wonderful and successful Week 1. :-)

Bluemellor
07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
I bought the book & started yesterday. I'm using carb cycling to try to break a major stall. Having lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on low carb/low cal I've been stuck at 228-232 for the last 2 weeks.
While Chant's ideas about carb cycling make sense, some of her science is a bit hokey and, as an Amazon reviewer pointed out, the book is in major need of editing. Here are some puzzles:

She mandates a cup of brocolli a day but doesn't put it in the meal plan - is it counted or not?
As far as I can see, she doesn't mention milk anywhere in the book. The only dairy foods mentioned are cottage cheese, butter & "sprinkles" of grated cheese does that mean I can't ever have milk in tea or coffee?
She advocates excercise but doesn't say much else about it

However, I'm not going to let little details throw me off, I'll stick to it for the prescribed 8 weeks & then re-evaluate. I like the fact that you eat every 3 hours so you don't feel hungry and, after the first 3 weeks, it's a "lifestyle" rather than a diet. A couple of days a week you can eat pizza or drink alcohol.
This is probably my 30th weight loss plan in 42 years, wouldn't it be nice if it's my last?

rachell1005
07-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I just completed the first week of Wendy's program. I stuck to it 100%. I lost 12 pounds my first week! I am amazed. Nothing I've tried has ever worked like that. I don't expect to lose that much again but what a jumpstart!

swtgrrrl
07-21-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi guys n' gals!

I started w/ the First article and graduated to the book to find out more. I did the first 4 days of the article exactly and lost 12 pounds the first 4 days. I also have been weight training as she directed and feel better than I have in a really, really long time. I am going to switch to the book's 8 week plan after this first week. Her logic makes great sense to me and I can't wait to get the to weeks where I can put in my 2 (cheat days). Also, to answer to whey protein question, I can't remember where in the book exactly, but she does address the whey vs soy issue. (sorry I can't remember)...

Anyway, if anyone out there has committed to do this thing, please let me know b/c I'm there with you and I'm going to REALLY go for it! I weighed 252.6 when I started and I weighed 240 this morning.

I've read You on a Diet 3 times and feel like I have a pretty good idea of what happens when food enters our bodies... I decided to try this because it makes perfect sense and it's NOT like Atkins b/c our bodies are always adapting and Atkins has one premise only... don't eat carbs, anything else goes. That couldn't be further from this plan... it's very structured and precise.. there IS a rhyme and reason to what we're eating and which macronutrients are paired with what and when.

Please encourage me and I'll keep you all posted... Good luck to each and everyone of you... :dizzy:

CopperTop
07-22-2008, 09:52 AM
It was reading the article in First over the weekend that made me decide it's time. I've done Atkins (20lbs lost a few years ago), and felt great on it, but also felt deprived because I love pasta, bread, etc.

I'm going to follow the magazine this week, and then pick up the book over the weekend.

Wish me luck!

looneybird
07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi, I started the diet last week and weighed in on Monday. I lost 11.5 lbs. Now I do the carb down then baseline and carb up days. I do not feel deprieved. On the higher carb days they are still lower carbs than I would have on any other diet. The book makes sense. I will follow it and see what happens. Alohadonna

looneybird
07-22-2008, 06:15 PM
I am on day 9. I wieghed in on Monday and lost 11.5 lbs in the first week. It looks to me like it will be interesting.
Alohadonna

looneybird
07-22-2008, 06:18 PM
Keep turning pages. There are some typo errors in the book. The turkey taco salad is another page or two away. The diet has me really excited. Down 11.5 pounds for the first week.
Alohadonna

kickemjenny
07-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I too saw the article on First Magazine and was intrigued enough to get the book. It looks like Atkins which is good because I love meat :D ... But still allows me to eat some carbs and loads of veggies coz i love them too :dizzy:.

I'm planning to start on Monday July 28 and I'm excited but cautiously skeptical because as we all know it seems too good to be true. I aim to b consistent (my biggest challenge since I have a love affair with food and its various flavours). Above all I plan to enjoy the journey and the learining experience because for me those are the best things in life.

My encouragement to everyone is this: Love yourself. Believe you can achieve. And if you fall, take a moment to cry.... then inhale, exhale and get up and go again.

cupcakes
07-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi there I just read the artickle in First and ordered the book since it is out of stock in the bookstores right now! I am starting on Monday and am so excited. My oldest son is getting married in Sept and I hope to look better in a dress! What an ordeal trying to find a dress to wear when you are way over your normal weight! I am so encouraged with the positive results posted about this diet!~ Oh I hope it works!! :carrot:

Shelly3899
07-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Would anyone be willing to share some other recipes for this diet? I read the article in First Magazine, and it only gives a sample recipe for one day - I don't want to eat the same meals every day for a week! I don't want to spend money buying the book until I have tried it for the first week and had success with it.

Thanks!
Michelle

cupcakes
07-29-2008, 11:14 PM
i just started on the plan as per the book and it is very simple for the first week..... basically the same as the atkins diet within 20 grams of carbs per day !! so easy to follow with no real recipe secrets..... but I love the idea she has of adding more egg whites to one egg in the morning for an omelet! I just started yesterday so its hard to say how I am doing exactly.... I do love there is no calories counting.... only carb couting! So follow this for one week and the diet changes on the 8th day! I havent read that far as yet...... hugs and luck! cupcake!

Shelly3899
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I was actually able to download the ebook for free and literally just got home from the grocery store! I bought all of the stuff listed for the first week's menu for myself and my husband - we are going to do this together. I need to lose 20 pounds, so if I could lose 16 pounds in one week, that would be AWESOME!!!

Thanks,
Michelle

cupcakes
07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
hi Shelly! good that you found the book online to download! You will do so well with your husband. Its always so much easier when someone is eating the same meal plan as you! Planning is half of it.... having the right things in the house to eat and snack on! Good luck and let me know how you are doing with it all. I feel slimmer already!

kickemjenny
07-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Hi Shelly & Cupcake

Good luck on the lifestyle change (Wendy's words since according to the book it's not a diet). I am on day 3 and so far it's been pretty good. No hunger pangs :D . though ocassionally I would have a bout of weakness while other times I'd feel a burst of energy. Drinking lots of water seems to help as well.

I must admit that I substituted pork for chicken on the first day. Unfortunately it seems to be the one meat Wendy does not mention, but I hope that was just an oversight since I looove roast pork

Happy shrinking and bonne chance.

nelie
07-31-2008, 09:46 AM
I think this thread has evolved to be a support group for those starting on this program. I am going to move this thread to the General Diets area.

CopperTop
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Sigh... so much for good intentions. I *didn't* start the program as I'd planned. Slight motorcycle accident (minor injuries to me and the bike) and a bunch of required travel intervened. But I just managed to find the free download of the guide like Michelle did, so I'm starting to read it TODAY!!

kickemjenny
07-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Hello Coppertop

Sorry about the accident but glad to to know it was not serious. Hope you are able to start the programme soon.

Get well wishes

Jerri906
08-01-2008, 03:29 PM
I would be very dubious about any plan that promises a 16 pound loss in 7 days.

Whoa...there is no promise of a 16 lb weight loss! There have been people who have but the average that I've seen is 7-10 lbs. I lost 10 my first week and 20 in the first 8 weeks and 73 so far. Yes, Rachel & Jenny (in the magazine) are very real people and their stories are true. I've been involved with the program for a little over a year now and am very happy with it. I have never stuck to anything this long and have never lost this much with any program.

The reason that Wendy doesn't care for soy is because of the affect on hormones, estrogen in particular. Pork is discouraged because of the protein usuage rate. The body can use 100% of the protein from an egg, 90% from beef, poultry, or fish, 80% from cottage cheese and only 70% from pork. I do have pork on occasion but stick primarily to the others.

Happy Cracking folks!

kickemjenny
08-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks Jeri. I was wondering why pork was not on the menu. Now how about some good old fashioned full fat 100% milk? Any notes on that? I seriously hope I don't have to wait until my cheat day to have a glass.

Congrats on your progress. A year on the programme and 73 pounds. That's great!

MelissaV
09-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Is anyone still doing this? I've ordered the book...and I'm waiting.

spryng
09-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah I bought the book last week and skimmed through it, I see the first week is 20 g or less of carbs so I can do that without her menu for sure but what about the other high/low carb days, do you know exactly how many we are allowed on those days? I can never do menus right out of the books, so I like to eat my own stuff and just stick to their rules but I'm not sure if I can do that with this book. Are any of you doing your own menu or are you following the book's menu? Right now I'm just calorie counting but last week I didn't lose a thing and I think since I don't have that much weight to lose maybe I need to shake up my metabolism and this book sounds perfect for that.. anyway, any advice would be great! thanks!

MelissaV
09-09-2008, 04:56 PM
I haven't received the book yet. So, I'll see how it works once I get it...and check back in with you.

spryng
09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
anyone doing this plan?

klc
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Melissa - popping in to see how you're doing. Is it working for you?
-Kathy

Hmoudy7478
10-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Hello Everyone! I am new to this and just saw a Woma's World Magazine with this diet in it and im interested in trying. Several of you have posted that you were able to get a free download......care to share where?? Thanks! Heather

moemaid
10-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't see anyone updating here, are there any success stories?

ladyfrog
10-07-2008, 01:02 AM
Can anyone fill me in on some details?

what does she consider a carb--like you can have a carb at breakfast and one at lunch? how many grams carbs is it?

The first article had 3 weeks---for those who have the book, what pattern does she do for the other 5 weeks as the book has 8 weeks?

me4life
10-07-2008, 01:06 PM
yeah i'm gonna start this on monday and see how it goes...right now i'm not doing anything so we will see how it goes

Hmoudy7478
10-09-2008, 01:32 PM
people who have tried Wendy's method......what is your total weight loss and how long have you been doing it? I am interested in results past the first week. Thanks

trytryagain
10-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Hello! I hope some of you posters are still out there because I want to do Wendy Chant's program with you! I just bought the book and my husband and I are starting today. I want to lose 30 pounds, but I'll take what I can get. My husband also needs to lose about 30 pounds. I know the first week is going to be hard since we are carb lovers, but am hoping once we are through this week things will get easier.

So, how are all of you doing on this program? Is it easier after the first week? Thanks!

teachermom
10-24-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm so excited about this change of eating lifestyle. I made it through the first week (Cycle 1 - Carb Deplete) without a hitch, followed the plan exactly from the book, and lost about 8 pounds. My pants are looser, too, so I know I'm burning fat in the right places. I bought the book after reading the Woman's Day article and it makes so much sense to me. This week I started introducing and cycling carbs, and oatmeal never tasted so good! I know I will be able to follow this plan because the goal is basically to be able to eat what I want, but to do so in an educated, common sense way. I control the food now...the food does not control me. Already I notice I have no cravings for sweets or potato chips, like I used to, and I am developing far more energy and better sleep (except tonight). The weight loss is not as dramatic as the first week, but it won't be because you need to lose it slowly and completely for it to stay off. READ THE BOOK! You need to know the science behind this plan to understand how and why it can work for you. Be informed, be educated, be in control, be healthy!

teachermom
10-24-2008, 02:07 AM
To Ladyfrog: The magazine article was confusing to me. There is so much more depth to this plan. The book is a superior source. As far as patterns, there are three types of days after you get past the first week, which kind of resets your body and starts teaching it how to look for body fat to burn. The three days alternate in different patterns. These days are carb-up days (the recommended "right" carbs for three meals), carb-down days ( recommended carbs for breakfast or lunch) and baseline days ( recommended carbs for breakfast and lunch ). The rest of your meals and snacks consist of combinations of recommended proteins, vegetables, and fats. You really need to understand the purpose of these days, and the book will teach you about that. I found that once I got used to a specific type of day, I could make substitutions from her lists and get a little creative with my meals. But I'm a newbie to this plan, too, and it is the only thing that has worked for me. I'm so excited and am now out of my size 18 pants and into loose 16's, so I must be burning fat the RIGHT way. The only problem I have is not being able to exercise, which is important for weight control and overall better health. I have torn cartilage in my knee and am having surgery Nov. 4th. I'm looking forward to developing a new, active, healthy lifestyle as soon as I am able after recovery.

Give it a try. All you have to lose is about $18, but hopefully you'll lose weight and body fat, and gain a healthier lifestyle!

trytryagain
10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
hi! teachermom, you have inspired me to continue. my husband and i are on day 5 today. it's probably easier for me than for him as he is more of a carb addict. he won't weigh himself so i won't know until his pants look looser whether he has lost : ). I have lost, perhaps, 1 pound. i have the kind of scales that if you stand on them one way they say one thing and if you move, they say something different. i try to stand the same way each day -- but my memory is bad! LOL! i had hoped to lose more than this by this point in time. one thing i notice is that i am usually not hungry when it's time for my next meal so i think i'm going to reduce my portions a bit. i'm under 5 feet tall so maybe i should adjust it. am looking forward to day 8 when we can add some carbs. however, i have a challenge coming up on day 9. a friend wants me to sit on her porch with her and hand out trick or treat goodies and she wants to order pizza and drink beer. i'm trying to think of a way to handle this. maybe bring wings to eat instead? if i eat carbs with her it will be after 3 pm and that is not allowed. grrrr!

keep us posted on how you are doing on this!

Sugarbeet
10-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi I am the new kid on the block..well I saw the magazine about this being better than Atkins so I was interested..Bought the book and started out ..wasn't 100% on the carb deplete week but by week two I had five lbs off......then I blew it and for two days had a binge on candy...So instead of starting week three as she says you should, I am starting week three with the first two days doing carb down days..by the way the binge costed me two and half pound gain.. I miss fruit and of course other things but I am still doing this......will check back in about a week..........

McSurf
10-30-2008, 06:02 PM
You can find Wendy Chant's book, Crake the Fat-Loss Code at Borders Bookstore. It will really help explain why we eat what on what day and it's not hard to understand like the Womans World article.

Blessings,
Cindi

McSurf
10-30-2008, 06:20 PM
Since I am new I wanted you all to know that I am married, a mother of 3 and grandmother of 7. My husband & I love living on the Gulf of Mexico, working with youth and families, enjoying golf (regular and mini) and sharing life together.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Blessings,
Cindi

trytryagain
11-03-2008, 02:39 PM
hello all! i bought the book, too, in order to find out the rationale behind the plan. it makes sense to me. my husband and i are now on day 5 of the 2nd week. he has lost (we think - he didn't weigh when he started) 8 or 9 pounds. i have lost about 5. the first week was hardest, but we stayed on it. by the 2nd week i was not craving sugar or carbs but he still was. i rearranged our days the 2nd week because the 2nd day of the 2nd week we were going to a halloween party. so we used the 2nd day as our carb up day and ate 1 slice of pepperoni pizza, several chicken wings (including a few breaded ones) and had 1 glass of wine in the evening. also had a few carbs during the day. we did a carb down day the day before and the day after. then 2 baseline days - that's what we're on today. i plan for us to do 2 carb down days before starting week 3 and then trying to follow the plan as written. my husband cheated a little yesterday -- went to a bar to watch a game and had a hamburger on a bun and 2 alcoholic drinks. i have stayed faithful. i'd like to see myself losing some more pounds this week or i will get discouraged.

what's the longest any of you have been on this and what's your results? i need more motivation! thanks!

LauraV1
11-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi!

I'm Laura Orlowski from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. I too saw the articles in Woman's World and First magazines. I purchased the book from the bookstore. It really makes a lot of sense to me. I also purchased the bootcamp DVD, which came along with a recipe book, a daily log book and a book that summarizes the plan on a daily basis, from the website.

I haven't started yet...need to get to the grocery store and stock up on essentials.

How are things going for everyone else on the program?

Thanks,
Laura

trytryagain
11-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Laura! After you've used it, I'd love to know if you like the recipe book and DVD. I've just been using the book, using quite a few of the recipes and inventing a few of my own. Is the DVD exercises or advice on following the diet? I have not yet gotten into an exercise routine and I know I need to do that to see more results. Maybe tonight . . .

Andysgma
11-04-2008, 07:30 PM
Teachermom,
Just wanted to say that I
saw in the post you were to
have surgery today and I hope
and pray it went well and you're
back on your feet again REAL
soon.

Yolie
11-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I started the program. I didn't follow it closely but I did lose 5.8 lbs.

trytryagain
11-10-2008, 02:16 PM
I started the program. I didn't follow it closely but I did lose 5.8 lbs.

Yolie -- that's great! My husband and I are on day5 of week 3. He's lost 12 or 15 pounds (he didn't weigh when we started so we're guessing a little). I have lost 6 or 7. We have followed the program pretty strictly. Need to add exercise. I did exercise once last week. Gotta make that a habit.

Keep up the good work!!

Yolie
11-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Yolie -- that's great! My husband and I are on day5 of week 3. He's lost 12 or 15 pounds (he didn't weigh when we started so we're guessing a little). I have lost 6 or 7. We have followed the program pretty strictly. Need to add exercise. I did exercise once last week. Gotta make that a habit.

Keep up the good work!!
Wow...you guys are doing great!
Thanks for the encouraging post. Yeah...I have probably exercised once a week. I need to add more exercising too. Will keep you posted on my progress.:)

trytryagain
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
hi everyone! the big news at our house is we bought a new scale -- a MODERN scale! it is digital, also gives you fat percentages. it told me this morning that i weighed 149.2! i have always had trouble losing to below 150, so i'm excited about that. i did NOT like the fat percentage read out, however. time to exercise - seriously.

we have followed the diet pretty strictly. today is the 6th day of week 3 for us. i do all the meal prep because my husband cannot get the hang of this. his part is to not eat unless he's told to : ) and to eat ONLY what he's told to. i've figured it out pretty well, now. i've used some of wendy's recipes, which are all very good, and i've invented a few of my own. also i did buy vanilla protein powder although my favorite uses are not for shakes. the shakes do not seem that tasty to me, even when i add flavored sugar free drinks. carb up days still seem incredibly sinful. for instance, tonight we are going to have pizza. we have had 3 or 4 carb up days by now and we're still losing so i guess it's ok. this is very motivating because i've tried just about everything and i feel like i've finally found the right plan for me. i am never hungry. i don't even miss sugar anymore! amazing!

here's an idea for breakfast on a baseline day when you're eating your carb at breakfast: i make french toast using the food for life bread (either ezekial or raisin cinnamon). for one serving of two slices: i use one egg, one egg white, mix up about 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder w/ 1/2 cup of water, add that to the egg and egg white, mix it up really good, sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon into it. i spray a coated pan with "pam", and i let the bread soak in the french toast batter longer than i do regular bread because it is denser and takes longer to soak up the batter. i fry it and i use "cary" brand sugar free/fat free syrup on it. you could also use sugar free jelly on it. very good! i have 2 pieces and i am satisfied.

i'd love to hear how all the rest of you are doing and if anyone has any hints. for us the key has been to just stay on track and keep plugging away. after the first week, it is much easier.

linda

momofmultiples
02-02-2009, 09:50 PM
Hello, i'm new here and i wanted some help with this diet, i ordered the book because it was not in store, so now i have to wait 7-10 days for it to be delivered, and i'm in a hurry to loose some weight before feb14, because that day i'm getting married, and i have read that for some of you it worked, even if it's only water weight by now i would like to loose a few pounds, so i wanted to see if somebody will be willing to give me at least 2 days meal plan i can follow while i wait for my book, i have the one in first, but if i eat the same stuff for 7 days i think i will quit after day 3 so at least 2 different plans will help me to not get bored so please if anybody can help me i will appreciate it.
Thank you

trytryagain
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi! I'm at work so don't have the book with me, but I'll give you some ideas off the top of my head. The first week is the hardest because you're doing almost no carbs. I don't know what the meal ideas are in First so maybe these will be duplicates:

Breakfast ideas: omelets made with 1 egg and 2 or 3 egg whites. i usually use 1 egg and 2 egg whites. my favorite is to stir in about 2 oz. of cooked lean ground beef, cook the omelet and just before folding it over add 2 or 3 oz of cheddar cheese. it's a recipe in the book that she calls a cheeseburger omelet. of course, you can use other variations on the omeelet such as using swiss cheese and a little cooked chicken, or cooked bacon and cheddar cheese or whatever. if i know i'm going to be eating breakfast on the run i boil some eggs the night before and i eat 2 boiled eggs and a 2 oz piece of cheese as i drive to wherever i'm going. you can also fry or scramble eggs and cook a couple pieces of turkey bacon or a couple of turkey breakfast links to go with it.

Lunch ideas: i'm big on eating salads with lettuce, sliced radishes, sliced cucumber, sliced green pepper (no tomatoes at this point- they have carbs) and then adding either cheese or meat or both -- sometimes deli sliced turkey or chicken, sometimes pieces of cooked chicken breast, sometimes pieces of cooked steak (often leftovers from the night before). dressing of your choice. otherwise you can always eat any cooked meat and then microwave some frozen broccoli or green beans and have a simple meal. since fat isn't a concern the first week, you can put butter, margarine or cheese on your broccoli after you cook it -- makes it taste better.

Dinner ideas: quite a bit like the lunch ideas. basically you are going to eat protein and vegetables, but you can choose a different protein every night -- such as salmon, chicken, lean beef, turkey, etc. Wendy says you HAVE to eat broccoli at least once a day which I usually do. But if you've eaten broccoli for lunch then i'd eat a side salad or a different vegetable for dinner. very important is not to think that starchy vegetables such as corn, peas, beans, potatoes count as a "vegetable". those are really carbohydrate dense because they are starchy and you are trying to stay away from a lot of carbohydrates, especially the first week.

Snacks: 2 oz piece of cheese; 1/2 cup of cottage cheese; deli sliced chicken or turkey rolled around a slice of cheese; 2 boiled eggs or 1 boiled egg and 1 slice of cheese.

Basically, after the 1st week you'll be adding in more carbs on various days. It's extremely important the first week to drink lots and lots of water. at least 8 glasses a day and if i were you i'd drink more than that. you will be going to the bathroom all the time, but that's a good thing. you can easily lose 3 to 5 pounds the first week if you follow it religiously. remember, no fruit at all (that was a hard one for me) because fruit has carbs and is full of sugar. also, eat NO sugar at all and have NO alcoholic beverages. it's sort of tough, but you have a big event (or should i say huge?) that should motivate you.

good luck, let me know if you have questions. i have been following this since late october, with a sabbatical during christmas which set me back. i'm 57 years old and i don't lose weight easily due to a wacky metabolism. however, i lost 10 pounds before christmas, gained about 4 back at christmas time, and in the last 2 weeks have taken that back off and i'm going down again. if you are younger you'll lose much faster than i did. also, if you haven't been dieting your entire life (like i have) you'll lose faster because you won't have screwed up your metabolism!

linda

CousinRockingChair
02-03-2009, 01:43 PM
I havn't read other replies, but to be honest it sounds
crazy
unhealthy
and totally awful for your relationship with food. No listening to the body, just deciding it needs protein/carbs at X hour and in Y proportion!

Gimmicky stuff does NOT work. Maybe you'll lose water but etc etc. Not really.

Sorry :(

trytryagain
02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
You'd have to read the book before making such a generalized statement. Over the years, I have followed Weight Watchers (reached goal at age 40 in 1991), Diet Center, Nutrisystem, and Form You 3 (I was a counselor there). Those diets are essentially low fat, no sugar, portion control drawn from the entire food pyramid. They worked for me, but sort of slowly. I always found that if I ate less breads/starches than I was allowed on those programs I lost faster.

Chant's book is not as crazy as Atkins where you eat low carb all the time forever. You do have a very low carb first week, but after that you are eating moderate carbs and trying to eat unrefined carbs whenever you do eat them. You also have carb up days when you can eat pretty much an unlimited number of carbs. After you've been on the program for several weeks you also have a "free" day each week where you can eat anything your heart desires. Chant explains the science behind all of this, with lots of footnotes to scientific papers and studies -- it is very well researched and has been proven to work for many people. Personally, I think it works best for people such as me who have or are close to having metabolic syndrome, who are basically carb addicts. In many ways it is not unlike weight watchers or any other program -- in this case you are just monitoring your carb intake more than in those other programs. Also, you are trying to eat protein at 3 or 4 hour intervals which I know from my own reading keeps you full longer (it takes longer to digest protein) and prevents you from losing weight from your muscles instead of from your fat stores.

Bottom line, this is not a crazy diet. It is sensible and based on good science. You do track what you eat and when, but that's basic to any good eating plan.

lulita
02-08-2009, 07:15 PM
I have bought the book and started 4 days ago. It seems that you would never go hungry.
I have to thank TRYTRYAGAIN, you have been the one that has helped me the most in how to work the program and what to eat. I am also 57 with a very busy business and I find it very hard to lose wait, especially because I travel 10 days of each month. I will try to post often but I do value your posts.

lulita
02-09-2009, 07:44 PM
I am in the car a lot and I was wondering if somebody had good ideas for snacks to take with me, I am doing the turkey rolls and the cottage cheese, can you use any cheese? how about trukey peperonis?
I appreciate any help I can get!!!

trytryagain
02-10-2009, 01:46 AM
hi! glad i'm of some help lulita. yes, you can use any cheese -- 2 or 3 oz. read the label and you'll see that it has no carbs and each ounce has 7 or 8 grams of protein. you're trying for high protein and low carbs the first week. the turkey pepperoni i have says that 14 pieces has only 1 gram of carbs and 7 grams of protein so i think that would work fine -- but be careful if you have high blood pressure and have to watch sodium content because both cheese and turkey pepperoni (or other processed lunchmeats like turkey bologna have a lot of sodium). if you are leaving from home during the day, boiled eggs are good, too, unless you hate boiled eggs. canned tuna is good, too, if you like tuna -- mix a little bit of mayonaisse with it and maybe put it on some lettuce for a salad. also, you can go through a drive through and get a hamburger or grilled (not breaded and deep fat fried) and throw away the bun. i've done the "throw away the bun" thing for years, even on other diet plans. seems wasteful, but . . .

after week 1 it gets easier because you are adding some carbs on some days.

trytryagain
02-10-2009, 01:48 AM
sorry, i didn't edit my last reply very well. i meant to say a hamburger or grilled CHICKEN at a drive through and throw away the bun!

trytryagain
02-10-2009, 02:37 AM
I'm just playin around. I'm liking my new "jewel" avatar. And I thought I added a weight loss thingy to my messages, too. We shall see what shows up with this post. Time for bed . . .

lulita
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
thanks again TRYTRYAGAIN!!!
Do you use Crystalight and howmuch? I find it helpo with sweetcravings, although I am having a lot less of those.

catcookie
02-10-2009, 05:55 PM
oh, I'm on day 4 of atkins induction and I don't think I can take anymore!!! I was lurking on this thread earlier and checked the book out of the library and have been reading it non-stop and I'm going do it. I wonder if I have to do the first week since I was following atkins? I'm guessing
no but is there anyone here who might know different?

lulita
02-10-2009, 09:30 PM
hello everybody,
tomorrow is my first day on week 2 and I am a little scared. did you continue losing? do you eat what's in the menues and change for things that are P V O S A, etc? Any ideas would be great!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Seasun
02-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I am so glad to have found this forum.

The way I found Crack The fat-Loss-Code was kind of out of the blue. I was shopping for something completely unrelated at amazon, and somehow the book popped up on my screen. after reading dozens of reviews by readers who had bought the book and are following the Crack The code lifestyle, I decided to buy the book.

I knew it was a positive sign when I could not put down the book. For the first time reading a diet book, I did not not get bored and skimmed through it rushing to get to the diet section. Instead, I found myself reading, and re-reading, and underlining key points.

I am excited because not only for the first time, I have found a system that makes sense, but I know that this is an eating lifestyle I can follow for the rest of my life.

I'll start my first week (carb deplete) tomorrow. I re-created the daily logs in Word, and printed them and I am all fired up and ready to go:carrot:

Happy cracking to everyone!

trytryagain
02-17-2009, 01:04 PM
hi everyone! i'm checking in. i'm on a week long "vacation" to see relatives and friends. very nice to see everyone, but i'm having a hard time staying on the plan. i've been through the entire 8 weeks as some of you know, and lost well. christmas kinda interfered so i was going back to week 2, and doing well, i'm afraid this week is going to throw me again. i am trying to avoid sugar and doing the best i can. also, taking walks.

i'll be in touch when i get back. someone asked the question about whether the first week of atkins translates to the first week of the crack plan and i think it does. hope you figured that out and have moved on!

stay the course everyone!

Destiny2009
02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I don't really know much about this diet. Can anybody give me some pointers about this diet? Is there a website that I can go to and find about what this diet is all about?

kenbethsarah
05-05-2009, 11:39 PM
Yes it works. My husband and I started the diet and lost 7 - 8 lbs the first week and another 7 the second week. The only problem is we can never seem to stay on it for more than 3 weeks with out falling off the wagon. Something always seems to come up.

While we were on it we did some excercise but nothing extensive,,,, some cardio in front of the tv and that was about it.

We are actually going to start it back up this week. He's a truck driver and just went back on the road after 6 months being off. He originally started at 206 lbs got down to 179 and is now back up to 194 being back on the road.

I'm around 154 and would like to get back down to 120.

So we are going to try and crawl back up on the wagon and stay there this time and see if we can do the full 8 weeks.

Supposedly there is a new crack the fat loss code book coming out this moth with some different menues. Maybe that will help us to stay on it longer.

jvann
05-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Hello everyone I just started this plan and am confused, are we not supposed to count calories? Just eat anything as long as it is protein and we do not go over 20 carbs per day?

jvann
05-16-2009, 11:27 PM
I started this diet May 11, 2009 and have already lost 4 pound! I am never hungry and have had more energy than I have ever had in my live...even when I was a teenager!

hillybfat2
05-28-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi guys n' gals!

I started w/ the First article and graduated to the book to find out more. I did the first 4 days of the article exactly and lost 12 pounds the first 4 days. I also have been weight training as she directed and feel better than I have in a really, really long time. I am going to switch to the book's 8 week plan after this first week. Her logic makes great sense to me and I can't wait to get the to weeks where I can put in my 2 (cheat days). Also, to answer to whey protein question, I can't remember where in the book exactly, but she does address the whey vs soy issue. (sorry I can't remember)...

Anyway, if anyone out there has committed to do this thing, please let me know b/c I'm there with you and I'm going to REALLY go for it! I weighed 252.6 when I started and I weighed 240 this morning.

I've read You on a Diet 3 times and feel like I have a pretty good idea of what happens when food enters our bodies... I decided to try this because it makes perfect sense and it's NOT like Atkins b/c our bodies are always adapting and Atkins has one premise only... don't eat carbs, anything else goes. That couldn't be further from this plan... it's very structured and precise.. there IS a rhyme and reason to what we're eating and which macronutrients are paired with what and when.

Please encourage me and I'll keep you all posted... Good luck to each and everyone of you... :dizzy:

Are you still following this plan? I too saw this article and brought it home and it is still hanging on my fridge!! Doesn't work I guess if you don't follow it!! Anyway I was wondering how it worked for you. I just stepped on the scale to see what my weight was, it has been a while I avoid it like the plague!! Anyway I am up to 300.4 lbs. I just don't know what to do I am desperate and I can't find anything that I feel I can stick to. I am scared at this point that something is going to happen to me if I don't get this under control. Any words of wisdom would be very helpful. Thanks so much, Hilary B :?:

trytryagain
05-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I've dropped off here for awhile and I got off program for awhile, too. This plan really does work for me when I use it. It is not unlike other low carb programs, I THINK, although the only one I ever tried in the past was Carb Addicts or something like that. Anyway, for me, cutting carbs does the trick. And I like the carb cycling in this plan after the first week. To answer a previous poster, after the first week, you should not be counting calories, per se, but you should be trying to watch fat intake. I.E. don't just cut carbs and eat everything else, but eat only lower fat high protein foods when you're eating your protein.

Unfortunately, I have to modify my weight loss ribbon as I am back up to 154 pounds. I was at 157 after memorial day, but started week one this week, on Monday, and 4 days later I'm now at 154. I haven't exercised this week, but exercise is always my plan. And definitely also helps me lose when I start getting into the routine.

I post only on this thread because I don't have time to follow other threads. I have looked at a few recipes on 3fatchicks, but this is the thread I'm interested in. There is nothing fishy about this program. It's pretty straightforward, scientifically based, and the book itself is footnoted throughout. I've followed lots of plans in the past, with some success on some of them, but I have concluded that I have, or am near having, metabolic syndrome and low carbs is the route for me.

Love to read other people's posts who are working on weight loss using this program!

Kevin S
06-01-2009, 01:38 PM
My brother told me about this program. I'm just starting week 2 today.

I've done well on it - although I found parts of week 1 difficult. After the first 72 hours (day 3 or so) I really found myself feeling lightheaded and so on. THAT was a concern! But I recognize that is part of the whole carb deplete thing. I just fought it off - I know it's short term.

The science of the book makes sense and I like that there are no forbidden foods. I'm glad to be through the first week because she makes it really clear that you have to be exact on week 1. If you mess up, you need to start week 1 over - your body needs the full 7 days to deplete of its carbs.

I'm not missing carbs terribly at this point (although I've prepared mashed potatoes for lunch and I'm sure I'm going to savor them like a bowl of ice cream!). I AM missing milk, which she recommends for carb-up days, but I can live a few days longer without it. I'm not wild about broccoli which she says should be eaten daily, but I did it. I intend to see the full 8 weeks through.

To the person who said this diet looked like a crazy fad diet, I don't think you could be further from the truth. The woman who wrote the book knows her stuff - and she's got the credentials to prove it.

PrincessSRH
06-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Try Try again, my husband and I just started on this plan and I have a question, I am sticking to the sample menu planner and substitution list and I counted my calories for day 3 week one and it was 800 calories, is this going to sabatoge this diet, I thought wendy says in the book that you dont want your body to think it's starving itself or it will just hang onto fat, or does the first week not count and- can you have shrimp as a protein and bacon?

milbwk
10-07-2009, 02:31 PM
[Read the article in First too and am wanting to start, but the two bookstores we have in town don't have it, and the library has to find it :-( Is there a website that tells how to do the diet? I'm so excited! I think I have tried every single diet out there, so maybe this one will be it!!! I know the metabolism is a major issue (and my love of food). I really don't eat that much though!!! I'm excited about finding this forum so I can have some encouragement.

harmonymoon
10-08-2009, 03:17 AM
I read the article too. I actually tried this diet last year (when I had read it in First the first time they put it in)and lost 4 pounds the first week, then my son ended up in the hospital,and needless to say my dieting went out the window. I just ordered the book (used) on Amazon.com for $4.21!! I just put Wendy Chant in the search engine on Amazon and the book came up, I clicked on that and then it gives you the option of a new or used book. Good Luck!!

ctrygrl47
10-16-2009, 11:39 AM
can you tell me where you downloaded this from

wannalose80
10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm day 5 of week one, and so far i'm down 8 lbs, haven't been starving, haven't been shaky or sweaty... all in all extremely happy so far... looking forward to week 2.... :)

rocknrobyn47
10-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Hi Y'all~ :)

I'm new to this site and sure could use some encouragement.....anyone on here work the NOC Shift ? ( your eating habits change a lot when you work this time of night ) I want to try this "Crack the Fat Code" but with my schedule I find it hard to eat that often. I have gained 30lbs in the last year and I'm tired of not being able to fit into any of my clothes! ( I'm sure y'all can relate to that one! ) and I refuse to buy new ones when I have them sitting in my closet. lol ugh :dizzy: I was doing so well there for a while, then I got silly and started eating chips, chocolate, drinking soda...etc..... not caring and I could see the weight creeping up on me but couldn't control my eating any longer. I'm determined to loss this stuff. I think my thyroid/periminapause have a lot to do with all my weight gain as well besides eating badly. My temp never gets above 97.2 when I'm well. At this point I'm willing to try anything to get back my girlie figure. LOL ;) Any way, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

HattieT
10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
I started the Crack the Code plan two days ago and I have a hopeful heart! I am in the midst of menopause and have been watching my body morph into someone that doesn't look like me. I decided this is it.... I loose the weight now or resolve myself to being a large, unhealthy woman. These first two days have been tough. In the past, (last week) sugar has been what keeps me going. I think I am having withdrawals!! Is there anyone who has made it to the eighth week?

loy69
10-22-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi everyone,

I saw this article as well and plan to start it next week Wednesday. I am also going to get the book. Sounds like a good eating plan. I will update when I start. Good luck everyone!

JillyBeanOhio
10-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Regarding the Crack the Fat Loss Code Diet:;)

About 10 years ago I lost 85 lbs on Atkins. So I have a fair amount of experience with low carb diets....but clearly this diet is unique.The first 7 days definitely seem like an "Atkins Style" diet.

I got into a very strong ketosis (as evidenced by the dark pink ketose strips run under your urine stream, which you can get from the pharmacy for $10) I think this is where some confusion lies. The main weightloss in the first week of any ketogenic diet is mainly water weight and just a couple pounds of fat after the 3rd or 4th day. The body is depleting the glycogen stores in the liver and you are urinating the water out. After about 3 days you are urinating ketone bodies, a bi-product of the breakdown of stored body fat. That's why the ketose dip stick turns pink.:) The gal who lost 16 lbs in her fist week probably has a lot more weight to lose than someone losing only 7 or 8 (all things being equal). Or if someone the same weight has been eating low carb for awhile before starting the diet, they may not have the same glycogen stores in their liver. So don't be disappointed if you only lose 4 or 5 the first week. As long as your ketose dip stick is light pink (tracing) to dark purple....you are burning your own body fat...and that the goal right?

I am on day 11 and very happy with a 9 lb loss. (I have thyroid issues so I have to fight for every pound) I haven't had a carb up day yet but so far my ketose strip is still at least light pink (means I am tracing in ketosis and burning my own body fat).

I will be curious to see what happens 24 hours after carb-up day or a cheat day down the road. This is about how long it takes for the carbs to knock you out of ketosis. I usually feel lousy for a few hours while my body is fighting to get back into ketosis. (cold, sleepy, hungry, craving carbs) I hope that isn't the case here. However, drinking lots of water and getting back on track (low carb)right away, gets you back into ketosis pretty quickly. I am guessing this is what is going to happen.

My frustration with Atkins is I could only do it for a month at a time because of carb cravings and plateaus....so I would alternate Jenny Craig with Atkins. I never really lost on Jenny but I got all the carbs I wanted and it gave me a break until I was ready to resume Atkins...and at least I didn't gain on Jenny:devil:.

I hope this diet will be the best of both worlds. More weight loss than a Jenny Craig but less boring than Atkins. I'm Psyched!
:carrot:

donnakd
10-22-2009, 05:44 PM
I bought the book a few weeks ago after seeing the article in First. I have been struggling with my weight for so long. Have tried about everything. I know carbs are a big part of my lack of success. I am set to start this next week. Have been studying the book and psyching myself up, and preparing my family. My hopes are this will help me to learn the lessons I need to put carbs in their place and make this a lifestyle. I am excited and scared all at once! Hoping any physical affects will not discourage me. Am glad to see the comments here.

CharlieJune
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
In regards to Bumbleberry and Momto3kittiess posts: I don't think it's odd or suspicious at all! I think these women did the same thing I did when I tried Alli-they heard about something that might work for them and so they decided to arm themselves with all the good information they could. This is an amazing, welcoming site so they posted here for support once they found it. If they don't post again, that doesn't mean they aren't still reading. Let's make them feel welcome!
I wanted to try Alli and when I googled it, this site came up. After reading things that didn't set well with me, I decided not to take it but have stayed with this site because I have gotten so much good advice from all these wonderful people. I don't post often BUT that doesn't mean I'm not here taking in all I can in my weight loss battle. We really shouldn't make people feel like their presence is suspicious right from their very first post.

Have a beautiful day!

wannalose80
10-25-2009, 10:07 PM
a few more days and another couple pounds.... still no cravings... has turned out to finally be a plan I can stick to,,, remaining cautiously optomistic :cool:
Good luck !!

Angeleyes67
10-28-2009, 11:32 AM
I've ordered the 1st and 2nd book from Amazon and am expecting them any day now. Having tried a lot of diets in my life, I've long suspected that my metabolism got messed up. The diet sounds reasonable, from what I read in the magazine First. I like that she's the only one who seems to have adressed the metabolism issue. Hoping to start soon....wish me luck!::)

mandkcook
10-29-2009, 12:35 PM
i have ordered both of Wendy's books and should received them Oct. 31st, i am so ready to get started... i am a little scared but, i have to do something i have gained so much weight first from pregnancy and then when my baby was 6 months old i found out i had breast cancer and it was advanced so i had to start chemo right away which made me gain weight of all things so i had baby weight on top of chemo weight:( i really need a plan that will work and hopefully the chemo and all the other medicines will not interfere with me losing weight i am so hoping they don't.
good luck to everyone :)

donnakd
10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I am not sure why there are members worried about all the first posts here. I have been an on and off member on here for several years. I came back to it from a google search on wendy chant. So I am sure they are just researching trying to make decisions. I think this site was created for that reason. I don't see a problem with someone browsing through trying to learn and only posting once. Maybe that is all they need.
Now, on to the subject of this thread.
I am now on day 4 of week one. I can't believe I have made it this far. I am amazed. I haven't felt deprived. I have lost 5 lbs so far. I just want this to be a good start to a change in my diet habits. I think I am on my way!
I found another forum that has daily threads for code crackers. PM me if you want the link, not sure if I can post it here.
Good luck to everyone!!!

agehr
10-31-2009, 06:21 AM
Were you aware that Wendy is in the 4th stage of Colon Rectal Cancer and is battling for her life?

mandkcook
10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Donna KD i would love to have the site you are taking about but, i am new to all these boards and i have no idea what PM me means???? sorry..... please let me know and i will do that... :)
Donna i figured it out but i can not send it to you b/c i do not have enough post here yet my PM's will only go to staff :( darn... maybe you can PM me???? thanks anyway

Poster agehr... i had no idea Wendy was going through that i just got her books and i could tell something was going on in the Acknowledgments the way she thank the Dr. and staff... i pray she will be OK.... i am going through Breast Cancer not the same but, i can relate to what she is feeling etc....

beless
11-01-2009, 02:07 PM
Just read the First magazine article and I am going to start the crack the fat-loss code plan tomorrow. I plan to order Wendy's book(s).

Can anyone tell me if it is worthwhile to buy both books ? If I were to get just one, which would be the best to buy ?

mandkcook
11-02-2009, 11:25 AM
HI beless.... i ordered both books i have no idea why i did that but, i did... and i have no idea which one i should start with... i have been reading her 2nd book... so i think i will give that a shot... i am glad you are starting maybe we can motivate eachother... i wanted to start today but, was too busy over the weekend to prepare so here i am on Monday NOT starting :( i have to get it together and get this thing going!!!!
i would like to find another website for support this one does not seem to be very active....i saw one poster mentioned another forum but, i can't PM her i have not posted enough on this website... SIGH....

gavsmommy
11-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Donna, i tried to PM you but because I am new and don't have enough posts I can't. I really would like that link :^:

waddles
11-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Hello, i am new to this.. just thought I would drop a line to let whom ever is interested, I found the book on EBAY. It cost me $13.93 I am excited to get going. That is including shipping. She only has 2 more left. Thanks again.....:goodvibes

aprilblessing
11-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Hey everyone! I am new here and hope you don't mind me jumping in.

I turned 40 in Aug and my husband threw me a surprise party and when I got the pictures back I was shocked at how fat I was! That prompted me to find a diet that would give me results so I could stick with it! I started the diet and I am on day 9 and so far I have lost 10 pounds. Day 2, I had such a headache (probably from not drinking soda) but pushed through because I had read that this may happen. I think this is one of the easiest "ways of life" that I have ever tried and with this plan, I have loose clothes, sleep through the night (which hasn't happened in a long time), I feel better and look better too. My thyroid lump has gone down and my face is way thinner and I think I look younger without all that fat on my face!!LOL

I was hoping that someone could give me a good protein shake to try. I love the recipe for the oatmeal with the vanilla power added but would like to know if there are any tasty ones out there or are they all chalky and gross? I'd like to try a chocolate one as well. Also can you tell me where you bought it from...I can only seen to find the soy ones. And hey, do you add milk to your oatmeal? I add water but i'd rather add skim milk so it's creamier.

Well thanks for listening to my story...I wish you all many blessings and lots of pounds lost!
:D Tra from NJ

mandkcook
11-04-2009, 11:57 AM
HI Aprilblessing i am so glad you posted.. .i too just turned 40 also:D.... i bought both books.. which book are you doing???
i was going to start with book 2 but, i read somewhere that if you have more than 50lbs to lose you should start with book 1 ( i think i read that on Wendy's website) i really need to just go to the food section and see what i need to go buy... i am having a hard time finding the time to read the book w/ work - kids etc.... sigh...
i would really like to find a more active site for support but, i can not seem to find one at all for this diet and Donnakd said to PM her and i did but, she has not responded.
Best of luck to you Aprilblessings i was so happy to see your post you have motivated me to just GET IT DONE start the diet!!!!
i would like to know if you are doing crack the fat loss or her 2nd book..:)

mandkcook
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
oh aprilblessings i forgot to tell you that JayRobb has some really good shakes... i like the egg ones and the whey ones ... to me the whey ones are too sweet i prefer the egg shakes but, they have no soy!!!! ;)

shaunhadsall
11-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Hi everybody! I'm Wendy Chant's partner and I wanted to introduce myself and let you all know that I'm here to help. Wendy recommends staying away from soy because it raises bad estrogen in the body and can potentially be bad for you fat loss goals and even lead to other health issues. There's a lot of companies that will make you think otherwise because they sell soy, but for the purposes of Wendy's program and meal plans, stay away from soy.

I also wanted to let everybody know that Wendy is very ill with cancer and I will be taking over her company to help carry on her life changing message.

If you're wondering about some of the confusion from her books, I can tell you that this was publisher mistakes and not Wendy. Her and I have talked about how she has limited control when writing a book. That's why her and I have developed a weekly training program called Get Lean In 12.

I hope this helps clear up confusion and I'm here to answer any questions you may have. My wife lost 8 pounds the first week and 18 pounds in just 8 weeks. I've personally used these methods to maintain 8% body fat year round.

Good luck to everybody because this stuff works!!

aprilblessing
11-05-2009, 08:58 AM
HI Aprilblessing i am so glad you posted.. .i too just turned 40 also:D.... i bought both books.. which book are you doing???
i was going to start with book 2 but, i read somewhere that if you have more than 50lbs to lose you should start with book 1 ( i think i read that on Wendy's website) i really need to just go to the food section and see what i need to go buy... i am having a hard time finding the time to read the book w/ work - kids etc.... sigh...
i would really like to find a more active site for support but, i can not seem to find one at all for this diet and Donnakd said to PM her and i did but, she has not responded.
Best of luck to you Aprilblessings i was so happy to see your post you have motivated me to just GET IT DONE start the diet!!!!
i would like to know if you are doing crack the fat loss or her 2nd book..:)

Hello MandKcook! Thank you so much for responding. I too didn't know where else to go to stay motivated and ask questions so I am so glad I found this site and you too.

I am doing the "crack" book. I had already started doing this one when I found a website that talked about the "conquer". In the other site the people were saying that the "conquer" book was easier because you don't do a full week of carb deplete-I think you only do 4 days but...they said that you lose weight slower on that plan. If that made any sense. SO I stuck with my "crack" book. SO far I have lost 10 pounds and feel great...I am never hungry in fact I have a party coming up and was cleaning for a couple hours and by the time I sat down at 10, I realized that I hadn't eaten dinner. I wasn't about to eat a full meal that late at night so I just had a cheese stick just to have something in my tummy overnight. And guess what...didn't lose an ounce! It seems like for me...the more I eat the more I lose! So although I didn't "not eat dinner" on purpose, I will never make that mistake again-I will on time so my body has fat to burn.

Are you going to start on Monday? I'll tell you my only problem was a headache/tired on day 2 (but that was prob. from not drinking soda). Days 5 & 6 I didn't lose anything but when day 7 came around I lost another 2 pounds. I read from others that you should not be weighing yourself everyday...I try, I really try not to but I am so excited to see results because I feel so good. So don't expect weight loss every day but stick with because I swear I am losing inches-even when i an not losing weight!

I am so proud also that I haven't had not even a bite of Halloween candy and with two kids...I thought it would be really hard to look at that bowl everyday but "nothing tastes as good as thin feels" (stole that from weight watchers) and that thin feeling keeps me motivated. My favorite motivation is "I've come too far to start taking orders from a cookie" (or in my case a reeses peanut butter cup)!!! :carrot:

Thanks also for the suggestions to the protein shakes-i will definately go look for them. So if you haven't started yet...get going...all those pounds are waiting to fall off. And please post back so we can hear how you are doing and I will too.

Wishing you all many pounds lost...
Tra :dizzy:

mandkcook
11-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Tra, (Aprilblessings) thanks for posting back i am so proud of you, you are doing so AWESOME!!!!!:carrot:
well i am going to go with the "crack" book and then maybe after 8 weeks switch over to the 2nd book!!!! i am just going to sit down and figure out what i need to go buy and just do it... so Monday i will be on!!!!!! it is so encouraging to hear that you are doing so well and the plan doesn't seem to be terribly hard for anyone everyone seems to be full and satisfied once they get over that first week... aaaccckkk that will be hard for me too b/c i am use to drinking one diet drink a day and i guess we can't the first week....:(
thanks again for posting and keep up the good work,
have a great day and i will chat with you soon,
Karrie

LowCarbLu
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Damn, damn, and double damn!!! I was logged in, but when I went to post my message, it said I wasn't logged in. Needless to say, but I'm saying it here, my full post is now lost in the web somewhere.

Here's the gist:
I'm in week 3 of Crack the Fat Loss Code. Lost around 12 pounds so far.

Week 1 is the hardest, but keep eating all your meals! Drink Your Water!!!

Yes, most of the first week's weight loss IS WATER.

I am down 1" in my waist.

I find most of the recipes to be mediocre at best, inedible at worst.

Protein powder does not taste good with only water. It's marginally better with Crystal Light.

Broccoli is actually good! O Organics frozen is quite yummy!

I have not started a regimented exercise program. I use my home stairs, park far from stores, etc.

Book 2 is good if you've already done the first 8 week program. It goes into the science of exercise in depth. I am thoroughly confused at this point. Too many rules for my tiny, carb depleted brain to grasp. lol

I got thru Halloween without a single piece of candy eaten!

This has been my 2 cents worth!

LowCarbLu
11-05-2009, 09:08 PM
All these "new" posters posting in ONLY this thread is raising HUGE RED FLAGS for me, and I hope that all REGULAR 3FC posters are made WELL AWARE of how odd it is to have multiple new accounts in this ONE thread.

So please beware of this diet and its claims. It is very fishy.

Just because someone has only posted once should not discount their opinion.
What makes your program or opinion more valid than a first time poster?
Aren't we frequenting this board for help, support, advice?
Are we less than you because we are new to this?

(these questions are basically rhetorical, btw.)

mandkcook
11-06-2009, 11:17 AM
Lowcarlu,
thanks for you posts.. i am happy you are doing so well, i am going to start on Monday i was reading some more of the crack book last night and jotting down some things i need to get at the store... i am so happy to hear so many people are doing good on this "lifestyle"... :) thanks for the brocoli tip also!!! have a great day

aprilblessing
11-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi Tra, (Aprilblessings) thanks for posting back i am so proud of you, you are doing so AWESOME!!!!!:carrot:
well i am going to go with the "crack" book and then maybe after 8 weeks switch over to the 2nd book!!!! i am just going to sit down and figure out what i need to go buy and just do it... so Monday i will be on!!!!!! it is so encouraging to hear that you are doing so well and the plan doesn't seem to be terribly hard for anyone everyone seems to be full and satisfied once they get over that first week... aaaccckkk that will be hard for me too b/c i am use to drinking one diet drink a day and i guess we can't the first week....:(
thanks again for posting and keep up the good work,
have a great day and i will chat with you soon,
Karrie

Hello LowcarbLu-welcome! It was so great to hear your awesome tips. Also it's great that you got through Halloween too! 12 pounds and an inch off your waist is so awesome-good for you!!! I am on day 12 and have lost 10 1/2 so far (only a 1/2 pound this whole week but that's better than having the 1/2 pound on my A**! LOL. Great thoughts on when to use book 2...I haven't read it but I know that Mandkcook was trying to decided between the two books. Good to know!

Karrie-and anyone else reading this---you can do it! i am so excited for you to start on Monday. I am a soda-a-hol-ic and you will be fine! you may have a headache though one day from the chemical withdrawal but its nice to know up front that that is normal so you can prepare and push through it. I actually (without thinking) took a couple of sips of a diet coke yesterday and you know what....it made me feel sick to my stomache because it was so sickening sweet! Hooray...i may be over this diet soda addiction once and for all! I have given soda up for lent for the past 2 years and I don't have a drop because I feel like I am keeping my promise to God. But come Easter Sunday, i say to myself-i'll just have one-just for today,,,,but I am instantly addicted again! I know that's so lame!

Tonight I have a party so I switched my Carbup day-which is supossed to be on Sat to today. So yesterday and tomorrow I will do carb down days to compensate. I've already decided on what carb I will eat... It's funny...everything I consider putting in my mouth i find myself thinking of how great I feel and I ask myself if it is really worth ruining my weight lose. The answer is always no...so I am happy with every small daily victory.

It was nice meeting you LowcarbLu and please keep posting and letting us know how you are doing!
Take care everyone! Happy losing.....Tra :dizzy:

gottalose
11-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Misty, I started the diet last Friday a week ago and have lost 6.6 pounds in one week. My friend started it this Thursday and lost 2.6 pounds in three days. I think it is a diet a lot of people can do and have success at losing the weight they want to. You do have a headache for a couple of days but hey that is worth losing the weight. I do have more energy now.. It is great just losing 6.6 pounds in one week.

javajunkie22
11-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi everyone, I'm on Day 7 of the Carb Deplete and I'm glad to have found this helpful forum. I've had headaches, only lost 4-5 lbs - is this normal? It looks like many others have lost quite a bit more the first week. I've done a few low carb "starts" for other diets even within the past 2 months - could this impact week one on this diet? I'm hoping that having 'cheat days' will help me stick to a plan. This is the last of a long string of diets that worked for a while then I added weight when I stopped...

gottalose
11-09-2009, 08:17 AM
I think you have to follow the plan very carefully. I slipped up a couple of times last week and gained back 2 pounds so I guess until you get through the 8 weeks you have to be really careful. Had my grandkids birthday party and just ate a little more than what I should have and the wrong foods. Good luck on the plan. I started out again this morning on the week one plan so I can lose the 2 pounds I gained. Hopefully I can stick to it this time. Watch out for holiday foods. That is going to be hard for me to do.

LowCarbLu
11-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello aprilblessing, et al...
I am starting week 4 today and lost over a pound last week. I was a little afraid to add those carb-up days to my menu for fear of gaining, but NOPE, I LOST!!!
Due to a major Gala this Saturday, and my wanting to have adult beverages, I have decided to mix things up and go Carb deplete on Mon, Tues. I'll go Baseline on Wed, deplete Thurs and Fri, then Carb Up on Saturday. Not sure if I should Baseline, Carb down, or Carb deplete on Sunday. Guess it'll depend on how much I actually indulge on Saturday!
(My one and only cheat are those darned Cherry/passionfruit Tic Tacs!!! But even a whole container of them is less than 50 calories!!! I can rationalize anything. lol)
Keep up the good work everyone!!!! This IS the hardest time of year to try and lose or maintain your weight, so kudos to everyone for their endeavors!!!

aprilblessing
11-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone! LowcarbLu that is awesome that you still lost!!! I had a party on Friday (I am on week 3 day 2 right now) and I carbed down the day before and the day after. I have several drinks, a teeny piece of cake and some Irish beef stew that had carrots, peas, corn and potatoes in it-all the high carb no, no's. I gained two pounds even though I ate very little portions (well, except for the alcohol!) LOL. But I expected to gain a little because i indulged but I also knew that i would lose it again. So as of this morning, I lost the two that I gained and lost another pound. SO I am at 11 pounds so far! I feel great and my clothes are really loose. :carrot: I also have a thing for orange tic-tacs and can not be left alone with an opened package!

I read a few posts back (sorry that I can't see your names when I am posting) but they were talking about a long line of diets that they tried. I felt that way too...so frustrated because I tried so hard and didn't lose so I gave up. But this plan is pretty easy and what impresses me more than the weight that I am losing but how good I feel. I feel healthy and alive and not just "going through the motions" everyday but rather I am living my life and it is not just passing by me. Does that make sense to anyone?

Together we can all support each other and give each other the strength to push through our hard times and challenges-that's why I am so thankful that I found this site. SO thank you everyone for posting and letting us know your challenges, tips and good news!

PS-mandk-did you start yesterday? How are you doing? ;)

mandkcook
11-10-2009, 05:25 PM
:no:Aprilblessings i feel like such a loser!!! we were busy all w/end and i did not have time to finish reading the carb deplete week and go shopping... i am so sad :( i have got to get this done b/c everyone is doing so good that i KNOW this diet will work!!!!! my Husband is having surgery on his ACL this Thursday so i am taking the book and i am going to finish at least the first chapter and this w/end or Friday maybe i can go to the store and buy the stuff i need... from glancing it seems like i only need chicken, brocoli, lettuce, cucumber, egg whites, oatmeal i can't remember anything else... but, i am worried b/c the closer we get to the Holiday's the less likely i am to do it and that is NOT what i want... i have gained so much weight due to pregnancy and then finding out i had breast cancer the steroids just packed on the weight i am so depressed i have to get going on this diet!!!!!
you are all an inspiration and i WILL get my act together and get started!!!!!:broc:

aprilblessing
11-11-2009, 09:25 AM
:no:Aprilblessings i feel like such a loser!!! we were busy all w/end and i did not have time to finish reading the carb deplete week and go shopping... i am so sad :( i have got to get this done b/c everyone is doing so good that i KNOW this diet will work!!!!! my Husband is having surgery on his ACL this Thursday so i am taking the book and i am going to finish at least the first chapter and this w/end or Friday maybe i can go to the store and buy the stuff i need... from glancing it seems like i only need chicken, brocoli, lettuce, cucumber, egg whites, oatmeal i can't remember anything else... but, i am worried b/c the closer we get to the Holiday's the less likely i am to do it and that is NOT what i want... i have gained so much weight due to pregnancy and then finding out i had breast cancer the steroids just packed on the weight i am so depressed i have to get going on this diet!!!!!
you are all an inspiration and i WILL get my act together and get started!!!!!:broc:

Hello! Please stop beating yourself up! You have alot on your plate--I could never have started my first week if I had all that going on! What's another week-just 7 days no big deal! But the more important question is...did you beat your breast cancer? (((((HUGS))))) I know what you mean-I was on steriods for 6 months and had all kinds of problems and gained tons of weight! Are u still on steroids?

*you can't eat oatmeal the first week-it's over 20 carbs so that starts on week 2. I saw that on your list and wanted to bring that to your attention.

Here are some of my tricks because I need to have fast grab meals because I couldn't cook all day long. I didn't see you mention (unless you don't like it) but you can also have 1/2 cup of (full-fat) cottage cheese once a day-that helped me alot. I also bought the perdue cooked chicken strips in honey so when I made a salad of lettuce and cucumber I would have a quick protein (i would also add the broccoli in there and get that out of the way). Sometimes I would cut up a cheese stick and put that in there as well or i would sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese and pepper on it and then did the 1 tsp of oil and vinegar. The perdue strips are really good and again easy because you don't have to cook them. With the eggs, you can have 1 egg and 2 whites, that's what I did. some people made hardboiled eggs too and had one of them as a protein. I would also buy lean/natural turkey breast and roll that with cheese and a smidgen of mustard. I also made tuna with just a little mayo since the first week you eat alot of fat/oil. I will admit although this is NOT on the diet...that if i didn't eat my carbs in the morning, i would feel like crap. SO there were 2 days my first week that I ate a piece of whole grain bread with a little mayo/butter. Remember that the first week the carbs have to be under 20 grams so my bread was only 12g. Also the first week I stopped at McDonalds and had an egg mcmuffin (no meat) and only 1 bun-that totals 14g of carbs. There were some days that I ate eggs twice once for breakfast and sometimes for dinner too-again I needed something that cooked quick. I didn't see anywhere that said we couldn't do that...and it worked for me.

I hope this helps alittle. I hope that your husband is feeling better soon and the surgery goes well. And don't worry about the holidays yet-just take life day by day! Take care! :spin::spin:

mandkcook
11-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Aprilblessings thank you so much for the tips they are awesome and will help me so much!!!!:hug: yes from everything they tell me i have beat the breast cancer i was a stage 3 b/c the tumor was SO BIG 10cm... but, i had a complete pathological response and they said they can not ask for better than that... :cheer2:so all the more reason i need to start eating better and exercising to keep it away forever!!!!!!!
the grab and go will help so much b/c i do not have time to cook every meal... i have all my stuff ready to go sit in the waiting room and read take notes and go shopping and get started i am so excited!!!!!! i can't wait to start losing all this weight!!!! thanks again and i will post back on Monday if i can't get to a computer Thurs-Sun.... you are the best Aprilblessing keep up the good work.
have a great day

aprilblessing
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM
Karrie...CONGRATULATIONS on beating your breast cancer! What a blessing for you and your family! :congrat: Let us know also how your husbands surgery went!!!

Yesterday I had a carb up day and was worried that I would gain weight. I treated myself to a McDonald's Big N' Tasty and a diet coke and I didn't gain any weight back! Hooray! I just needed some "comfort" food and was so satisfied and happy when I was done. I guess that's what every diet is about...eating something satisfying and then getting back on. :mcd:

How is everyone else doing? What are your challenges or tips that help you? :goodscale

LowCarbLu
11-12-2009, 04:57 PM
*you can't eat oatmeal the first week-it's over 20 carbs so that starts on week 2. I saw that on your list and wanted to bring that to your attention.

Here are some of my tricks because I need to have fast grab meals because I couldn't cook all day long. I didn't see you mention (unless you don't like it) but you can also have 1/2 cup of (full-fat) cottage cheese once a day-that helped me alot. I also bought the perdue cooked chicken strips in honey so when I made a salad of lettuce and cucumber I would have a quick protein (i would also add the broccoli in there and get that out of the way). Sometimes I would cut up a cheese stick and put that in there as well or i would sprinkle a little bit of grated cheese and pepper on it and then did the 1 tsp of oil and vinegar. The perdue strips are really good and again easy because you don't have to cook them. With the eggs, you can have 1 egg and 2 whites, that's what I did. some people made hardboiled eggs too and had one of them as a protein. I would also buy lean/natural turkey breast and roll that with cheese and a smidgen of mustard. I also made tuna with just a little mayo since the first week you eat alot of fat/oil. I will admit although this is NOT on the diet...that if i didn't eat my carbs in the morning, i would feel like crap. SO there were 2 days my first week that I ate a piece of whole grain bread with a little mayo/butter. Remember that the first week the carbs have to be under 20 grams so my bread was only 12g. Also the first week I stopped at McDonalds and had an egg mcmuffin (no meat) and only 1 bun-that totals 14g of carbs. There were some days that I ate eggs twice once for breakfast and sometimes for dinner too-again I needed something that cooked quick. I didn't see anywhere that said we couldn't do that...and it worked for me.

I hope this helps alittle. I hope that your husband is feeling better soon and the surgery goes well. And don't worry about the holidays yet-just take life day by day! Take care! :spin::spin:

Aprilblessing: I just wanted to make sure we're on the same page here. When you mention 12g carb bread during the Deplete week, you are adding that together to get 20g TOTAL PER DAY, right? I ask, because the meal plans contain around 13g of carbs per day as written...cottage cheese 5g, etc.

When I was depleting, the highest carb count I ever had that week was 18g and the lowest for a day was 12g. I never got to 20g per day. Same for you, or not?

Just wondering. Keep up the good work everyone!!!:D

OMG...that recipe for "power oats" is horrible, isn't it!!?? That must be what they serve them as "slop" on Big Brother!!!:dizzy:

aprilblessing
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey LowcarbLu. I have never tried the power oats so thanks for letting us know that it is gross. Now i won't waste my time trying it! I just bought my first container of vanilla protein powder yesterday and haven't used it yet.

Ok to answer your questions, on day 2 I felt like crap and had a bad headache that tylenol wasn't taking away so I had a piece of 12g bread. I didn't not eat cottage cheese that day to try to compensate for the extra carbs. I also ate eggs for breakfast and dinner to keep my carbs down (because I didn't see anywhere in the book that said I couldn't but if it does-PLEASE let me know because I do this alot) but did eat my broccoli and spinach. For lunch I had the lettuce and cucumber salad with vinegar/oil with grilled chicken and for another meal between lunch & dinner I had tukey rolled up with a sprinkling of cheese and a little mayo. So I *think* that I was at 18-19grams that day and the day I had the egg McMuffin with one bun and I think that they were my highest days.

*Do you or anyone have any suggestions or what are your thoughts I would like to know because everyone can read the same book and get different things out of it...so I am looking for anything I might have misinterpretted in the book or any tips that you would like to share.

>Also-does anyone use milk for anything? or in your protein shakes? I haven't used or had milk since I started but we can have cheese so I am not sure. And if the answer is yes, do you use full fat or is skim milk ok?

>>ALSO-on the C,B or D days, what is the carb maximum number allowed for each meal on weeks 2-4? Any thoughts anyone? :dizzy:
Thanks everyone for any help you can give me! Have a great day! :)

katecrouch
11-15-2009, 05:35 PM
I just read a brand new book, "Ultra Fat to Ultra Fit" by Noah Walton. This is not the typical diet/exercise book. The author, a scientist, tells the (sometimes humorous) story of going from an obese couch potato and becoming a competitive triathlete. Although he used an extreme diet to begin, he gives research that explains that diets don't work for most people. Besides the story, there are tips and information about roadblocks people throw at dieters that sabatoge efforts. I highly reccomend the book to teens to adult. I laughed out loud and am going to stop deceiving myself about my weight. :carrot:

Shtamalu
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi - just brand new - never been on a forum before, so not exactly sure what I'm doing. I am on Day 5 of Week 1 - Carb Deplete. I am finding it a bit painful :(- probably due to really wanting breads and sweets and fruit and..and ..and....:hungry:
But I have lost 6.4 lbs so far which even if it is water is a good kick start for me.
I am feeling a bit weak at times - haven't hit the 'shift' she talks about to more energy. Especially when I work out. I have been going to Curves for the last month or so.
Anyway would love to chat with anyone on this journey as well.

mandkcook
11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Karrie...CONGRATULATIONS on beating your breast cancer! What a blessing for you and your family! Let us know also how your husbands surgery went!!!
Thank you so much Aprilblessings!!! My Husband is doing fine he had surgery on his ACL so he will be on crutches a few weeks that is the hard part.
i started the diet on Monday YIPPEEE :carrot: i almost caved and did not start b/c things were not going exactly like they should have and that put me in a spell of oh i am just going to eat what i want... but, i stuck it out and made the first day i am hoping it will get easier b/c i keep thinking of food i can't have... :dizzy: oh well, i am doing this and that is that... thanks again for all of your tips they were great...
do you know if we can chew gum????
also, has Wendy posted the Holiday schedule yet... i read somewhere that she posts the days for us when there are Holiday's involved...
Congratulations to everyone that i have read about on here you are all doing so good and it really helps to read the posts out there... :dust:maybe this will help us all.... :) have a good day

Shtamalu
11-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi - just wondering if anyone if still doing this - I saw there were a few of you before. Are you guys all from the same area? - you seem to know each other.

I have some questions - but can't get anything from the 'ForeverFit' Website. It just goes straight to a 12 week something or other. But I'm keeping at it. 8 weeks - should be doable. So excited to have some 'real' carbs this morning - like oatmeal :)
Have a good day.

Poppitt
11-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Also wondering if this forum is still active. It seems to be difficult to find web support for Crack the Fat Loss Code. Starting week 5 tomorrow but frustrated with how slow this is going. I have only lost 4 lbs. and that was in the first week. I have kept the 4lbs. off and I have lost 1.5 inches in my waist, hips and about .5 inches in my thighs but this is very slow going. Others seem to have a bigger loss than I have experienced. I have about 25 more lbs. to loose and have not had much success with Weight Watchers, though I did in the past, or South Beach. My experience with South Beach was the same as this - loss in the first two weeks and then nothing. I stick to the plan though I don't do the protein drinks and I exercise 5 days a week. Any ideas out there?

aprilblessing
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Hello Karrie and welcome to all the newbies!!! I did post on thursday twice but both times the site went down and could not get my message posted. Karrie, I am so glad that your DH surgery went well! I am also glad that you had good willpower to fight through the day. I chewed gum all the time-esp. the first week b/c my mouth always tasted yucky from the low carbs and I didn't see it in the book that said I couldn't. Please write and let us all know how you are doing!

DH and I went on a 4 day vaca for our 15th anniversary (shipped the boys off to grandparent's house for some TLC!!!) went to Disney in FLorida...dreading getting on the scale tomorrow although I tried to make as good of choices as I could. Everything there seemed sooooooooooo salty-my rings were tight on my fingers which is abnormal for me! :( I think that I am going to do a 3 day low-carb week like week 1 to try to get back on track. I was down 13 1/2 before vacation. And plus with Thanksgiving coming up this week...

Poppitt-I start week 5 tomorrow also. I lost 9 pounds the first week and then the rest of my weight would only come off a 1/2 pound at a time. **this is not in the book>>>but before my vacation I did a 3 day low carb (like the 1st week) and I lost another 4 pounds. It seemed like for me I lose more when I am not not fluxuating my carbs and eating the less than 20g of carbs-and I feel better too! I am not advocating this...I just got frustrated working so long and hard and only losing a tiny bit every couple of days. Stick with it though-losing inches is important!!! :carrot:

Shtamalu-Hang in there...IT GETS EASIER-HONEST!!! You can do it!!!

Hey LowcarbLu-ru still out there??? How are you doing-haven't seen you post in awhile-hope all is well with you!
Take care everyone-and happy losing this week!

jillybean61
11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey! I just discovered your forum today while searching for Wendy Chant's website. I purchased her sequel to Crack the Fat Loss Code - it's called "Conquer the Fat Loss Code". She refers to "deplete" days in the book, but nowhere can I find the "rules" that apply to deplete days or to the first week you're supposed to complete before the actual 8 week program begins. Can anyone help me with that? I don't have her first book, but surely I don't need to buy that one as well - just for the first week? From what I have "picked" up from the book, the first week is 7 "deplete" days in a row? Is that correct?

aprilblessing
11-23-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey! I just discovered your forum today while searching for Wendy Chant's website. I purchased her sequel to Crack the Fat Loss Code - it's called "Conquer the Fat Loss Code". She refers to "deplete" days in the book, but nowhere can I find the "rules" that apply to deplete days or to the first week you're supposed to complete before the actual 8 week program begins. Can anyone help me with that? I don't have her first book, but surely I don't need to buy that one as well - just for the first week? From what I have "picked" up from the book, the first week is 7 "deplete" days in a row? Is that correct?

Hello Jillybean! I do the first book...yes, the first week you do a carb deplete which is 7 days and each day you need to be under 20g of carbs. Your not supossed to have soda or sugar the first week. (the no soda was hard for me but I got through it!) You also need to make sure that you are eating 4-6 times a day. The first 3-4 days is the hardest and then after that, you seem to get more energy and it gets so much easier! Good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing! Take care!

jillybean61
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Also! Just reading through the pages and pages of comments in this thread, and to Bumbleberry - I just found this site becuase I googled Wendy Chant and it brought me here. So - I figured I'd join and see if anyone can help. Nothing too "sinister" happening here, I don't think! I suspect that the articles in First magazine brought the diet to the forefont, and lots of people are googling her and - like me - finding this site. ;)

jillybean61
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
aprilblessing - thank you! So - on deplete days - you do not eat any starches either, correct? I am on day 8 , although I must admit I "slipped" a bit over the weekend!! I am down 4 pounds in total so far - I have another 26 (at least) to go. I noticed that Shaun - Wendy's partner posted a few pages ago. Hopefully he will continue to check in and offer helpful hints! And is there a particular exercise program when you are doing the "deplete" days? I am following the exercise routine pretty religiously as I have been going to the gym for years now, but not getting a lot of results. Hopefully the suggestions in the book will help me get more out of my workouts...! (sorry - that message was a bit "scattered"! I'm quite excited to have found this site with other people following the program!)

Poppitt
11-23-2009, 09:36 PM
Does anyone have a place where they find recipes that fit with the plan? I have found the ones in the books to be limited and I need some variety. I have used some South Beach recipes from Phase 1 for carb down days and phase 2 recipes for baseline days.

Shtamalu
11-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Hi - Well I've made it to Day 12 - I am down 7 pounds - that was mostly the first week. Poppit - I don't know of any other recipes, (but then I haven't been looking:)) I actually have both books - and there seems to be lots in both.
Does anyone know about dairy - specifically milk and yogurt - I kind of miss them. Maybe I am thinking this through too much - I guess I wish there were more guidelines like when it says starch - how many calories, carbs, etc.
I guess we just take her at her word, when she says 'have whatever you want', she means that, 'just don't overstuff'
I have not been able to find Ezekiel Bread, any suggestions?
I think I am going to stick with Break the Code for the first eight weeks and then switch to the Conquer the code.
I am so glad to have found this forum - this is great to have others on this plan. I have about 30 more pounds to go.

Shtamalu
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Poppit - I was just looking back at past posts - I have been drinking at least 1 protein drink a day (not loving it, but been experimenting a bit) and really drinking lots of water.
Jillybean yes I saw that Shaun had posted as well. I was wondering if a person could PM him if we had a question?
Aprilblessing - you are very encouraging - thanks

jillybean61
11-24-2009, 06:26 PM
Shtamalu - the Ezekial bread had me puzzled too - I looked it up on the internet, and one suggestion was to buy bread made from "sprouted grains". I was able to find a bread labeled exactly like that, so - it is in the freezer waiting to be tried! I actually bought another type of bread because I couldn't find anything classified as "ezekial" bread initially. It is a bread made with whole grains and unbleached flour - high on fibre. I figured that was better than some breads out there! Anyway - I want to finish that loaf first before I try the other loaf I found made with Sprouted grains. In the "Conquer" book, she does not say to satrt with the deplete week, so I actually started with the carb down/carb up schedule. I'm down 4.5 pounds, and am on day 9. I am following the exercise plan exactly - so am hoping that will help me out and that one day - I'll get on the scale and have lost ..5 pounds overnight or something ! (And then - I wake up!!) I guess if I can drop 2 - 2 1/2 pounds per week I should be happy with that. It's 2 1/2 pounds per week more than I was loosing before so..!! Any help on the exercise recommended for deplete days yet from anyone? In the second book she does talk about doing 3 deplete days prior to a holiday if you plan on eating "off plan" over the holidays. She actually says you can do deplete days before the holiday and then eat whatever you want for up to 3 days ! I'm likin' that! Seems I'm always on a diet over Christmas...

Legalbeagle1952
11-25-2009, 07:12 AM
I can't believe that the issue of milk or half and half for coffee is not addressed, especially in the first week when it's so important to be strict with the carb count and the intake of food. Did you ever get an answer to your question about milk?

Shtamalu
11-26-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi Jillybean and legalbegal 52 - Yes I was thinking sprouted bread would do as well - it said in the book, 'flourless bread' or 'millet bread'.

I was down 7.8 after the first carb deplete week and today the end of week 2, I am back up 1.5 - not loving that - I guess 6 pounds in 2 weeks is okay though (better than six on:)
I know I wasn't really following the substitution plan so that could be it.

I hear you about being on a diet over Christmas - but I decided whenever I wait, like "Monday" or "the New Year" - I then eat like crazy before I start and then I have extra to deal with.

Does this sound like I have been dealing with this all my life? Yes! That is what attracted me to the First article in the first place(ha that sounds like a pun) lol, were the success stories of women my age (58)

No I have never heard anything about milk. I see in the second book there is mention of milk - like skim with cereal, etc. I'd have to go back and see where that fit into the cycles.
I have been adding a small amount (like 1/2 cup) to my protein drink, because I just don't like the taste with just water - I guess I haven't really been keeping track of carbs, but then it doesn't say to does it? (other than the first week)
Well you ladies (unless you're men) have a good day. I am very happy to have someone to bounce things off of.

Shtamalu
11-27-2009, 11:50 AM
I found Ezekial bread at Nutters in their freezer section. I looks like it is just sprouted bread.

aprilblessing
11-30-2009, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone! Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving!!! I was reading over some of the last posts and wanted to add in. No, the issue of milk is never discussed but other people had talked about how we are allowed to have cheese so I would say use it in moderation? The "EZ" bread I found was at Wegman's grocery store in the "organic" freezer section. The sesame bread is really good (a little dry though if you don't put anything on it.) That company also makes a good cinnamon raison bread as well. I also have a health food store around me that also carries the "EZ" bread. The bread REALLY helped me so I felt satisfied that I could have a sandwich and then it didn't feel like a "diet" anymore.

So I am on week 6 now and I have lost 15 pounds so far. It is coming off slow (I was hoping I would lose alot more based on the fantastic first week) but I am happy with my results because I FEEL so good eating less carbs. I haven't had any sugar treats since I started so on Thanksgiving I ate a small piece of pumpkin pie and lemon marange (sp?). I lost a pound and couldn't believe it!

I wish you all continued success!
Hey Karrie-how are you doing? How about you LowcarbLu?

Poppitt
11-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I was traveling and knew it was going to be hard to stick to my plan, which it was. I actually lost a little though! Last week was to be week 5 but due to Thanksgiving I am making this week week 5. I have some "EZ" bread in the freezer but haven't tried it yet. I wasn't a big sandwich eater to begin with. I found it at a health food store in the freezer section. It was quite expensive. As far as milk goes I don't drink it much but I do use 1/2 & 1/2 and count the carbs. I don't know how many carbs my skim milk has because I buy it at a local dairy in a glass bottle and it doesn't have a nutrition label. I do want to share that in the Conquer book there is a recipe for Fake French Toast and it is really good. My family even likes it and can't believe how much it tastes like french toast.

HopeK
11-30-2009, 04:35 PM
I just started the Wendy Chants diet today. I hope this works because this is my last chance diet.

Shtamalu
12-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Are you guys counting carbs? I am just nearing the end of 3 weeks - but I'm not losing - after the initial 1st week 7 lbs. I have been very faithful - so not sure. :?: Think I'll go back and re-read the book.

HopeK
12-02-2009, 11:35 AM
From what I understood is that you should stay on the low carb just like the first week except to add the starches on the baseline and the carb-up days. I'm only on my 3rd day today I've lost 4 pounds so far. I'm sure it's mostly water weight.

jillybean61
12-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Hey girls -(and guys!) - I am now nearing the end of week three. I think I'm down 8 pounds in total - and I say I "think" because the scale at the gym seems to be a bit wonky! You gain or loose weight instantly - just by shifting your weight on the scale a bit! I have a question - it's a bit "personal" but I need to ask! Is anyone else having "bowel" issues with this plan? I am finding that I either am not having a BM, or - I am, and I'm having it RIGHT NOW!! I'm wondering if I'm just lacking the right pre &/or pro biotics necessary for normal bowel function. Just thought I'd ask to see if it's an issue with anyone else on this plan. Also - with respect to the half and half in coffee, milk, etc. I am putting half and half in my coffee. It's low on carb's - too high on fat, I'm sure, but....it's something I really don't want to compromise on, and in the grand scheme of things - if that is going to determine my success or failure....i don't know. Would make me question the effectiveness of the whole plan in general. I don't doubt it'll slow my progress, but it shouldn't stop it altogether.

PrairieChick
12-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Is anyone else having "bowel" issues with this plan?

Hi JillyBean61! :wave: - are you still doing 1 cup of broccoli a day? The purpose, not only the vit's in it, but it will help you to regulate your bowels too! :D

Just found this thread - :yikes: I have 10 pages to :book2:!
I will be starting on WEEK 1 tomorrow.
Started Week 1 last Monday - but things got in my way (stink'n think'n, neck problems, DH health problems) but I'm back - and ready to DO THIS! :cheer:

Will keep ya informed as to my progress - also will get caught up on this thread too! :D

See ya Lighter!
Kim :trampo:

Nara727
12-08-2009, 12:37 AM
I just want to know if you still in the plan and how many pounds you lost so far since this last post. I just start the program yesterday and I would like to know any advice or recommendation since you've been in the program for so long and had lost all this pounds.Whoa...there is no promise of a 16 lb weight loss! There have been people who have but the average that I've seen is 7-10 lbs. I lost 10 my first week and 20 in the first 8 weeks and 73 so far. Yes, Rachel & Jenny (in the magazine) are very real people and their stories are true. I've been involved with the program for a little over a year now and am very happy with it. I have never stuck to anything this long and have never lost this much with any program.

The reason that Wendy doesn't care for soy is because of the affect on hormones, estrogen in particular. Pork is discouraged because of the protein usuage rate. The body can use 100% of the protein from an egg, 90% from beef, poultry, or fish, 80% from cottage cheese and only 70% from pork. I do have pork on occasion but stick primarily to the others.

Happy Cracking folks!

Nara727
12-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Hi everybody! this is my first week. Today is my second day and I feel great so far. I actually lost 2 pounds and 3 ounces, I'm pretty sure that is water loss but I'm so happy, I would be stick to the plan. I accept suggestions. Good luck everybody.

PrairieChick
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi everybody! this is my first week. Today is my second day and I feel great so far. I actually lost 2 pounds and 3 ounces, I'm pretty sure that is water loss but I'm so happy, I would be stick to the plan. I accept suggestions. Good luck everybody.

:congrat: :woohoo: WTG! You ROCK!
:broc:
(eat one cup of me a day)

I weighed in this morn'n too! :scale: I don't have the fractions on my scale as you do - but mine showed I had lost 3 POUNDS!

:woohoo:

Have a "Crack'n" day!

See ya Lighter!

Gemini0604
12-11-2009, 07:23 PM
:congrat: :woohoo: WTG! You ROCK!
:broc:
(eat one cup of me a day)

I weighed in this morn'n too! :scale: I don't have the fractions on my scale as you do - but mine showed I had lost 3 POUNDS!

:woohoo:

Have a "Crack'n" day!

See ya Lighter!

First time posting over here. I am a Wendy Chant follower. I have been doing the plan since 10/20/2008. Restarting again after the Holidays. Total lost is many inches and 16 lbs. Looking to release more fat after all this Christmas stuff is over.

Hi Kim....I remember you from over on LCF board. We have all come under fire for posting links, etc. New management, etc.

Just marking my spot for future reference. KUTGW everyone!

PrairieChick
12-11-2009, 09:08 PM
First time posting over here. I am a Wendy Chant follower. I have been doing the plan since 10/20/2008. Restarting again after the Holidays. Total lost is many inches and 16 lbs. Looking to release more fat after all this Christmas stuff is over.

Hi Kim....I remember you from over on LCF board. We have all come under fire for posting links, etc. New management, etc.

Just marking my spot for future reference. KUTGW everyone!

OH NO! I hope you remember GOOD things about me! :crazy:
Yep, I was one that came under fire - just don't need the hassle. It hit in the middle of week 1 - so I quit the WOE and the web site and came here - I like it a WHOLE LOT MORE here!

A wonderful member here talked me into getting back on program and not waiting till the first of the year - I'm glad I did! :broc: (yep, one cup a day for the first week!)

Well, I am on Week ONE (Deplete) and Day 5. My ENERGY kicked in last night, only got 2 hours of sleep and then up like a :bunny2: - 2:30 am and still go'n - I need to learn how to USE this energy - but the program says not to exercise the first week.

The pounds are all over the place - really lost, not back up - but I refuse to take it seriously until my weigh in on Monday. I have been a VERY GOOD GIRL and have not messed up ONCE on this week! WooHoo - I don't want to have to do it again!

I read that once you do release, you don't have to do it again. If you fell off the program - that 3 days of Carb Deplete is all you need and just get back into it.

It is not a cure all program - but the energy I have now is amazing! Seems like the little burner has kicked in! :broc:

I am VERY NEW to "Crack" so if you can give me some tips, that would be awesome!

Great to have each other here - there are others - we just need to find them!

I started the thread "Starting on 1/4/10" and there are some people there asking questions and also following the program - just do a search for Wendy Chant or Crack or Conquer and you should be able to find some support buddies. If you find one and I'm not there - let me know! I'll do the same for you! :hug:

Yep, we were spoiled with the thread on LCF - but I KNOW you are going to call 3FC HOME soon!

See ya Lighter! ~ Kim :trampo:

BTW - 3FC's was having problems logging in today - :woohoo: they are back - I was on withdrawals! :yikes:

Violet73
12-12-2009, 04:27 PM
hey hey hey guys! I ordered this book from ebay. I have been doing low carb and feel much better and have heard of this book so I ordered it. I'm thinking of starting this after Christmas. It seems to be a successful plan and there seems to be some great info on food and how it affects your body in the book. I cant wait to read it! Wish there was a sticky for this diet plan. good luck guys! :)

PrairieChick
12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
hey hey hey guys! I ordered this book from ebay. I have been doing low carb and feel much better and have heard of this book so I ordered it. I'm thinking of starting this after Christmas. It seems to be a successful plan and there seems to be some great info on food and how it affects your body in the book. I cant wait to read it! Wish there was a sticky for this diet plan. good luck guys! :)

:wel3fc:
Great to have ya with the Thread! ;)

May I suggest you check out this thread when I FIRST came to 3FC and especially look at the response I got from Lori Bell on 12/3/09 :book2:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/187421-hi-starting-crack-fat-loss-code-1-4-10-a.html

I'm think'n about starting a MONTHY Crack/Conquer Thread - what ya think? :chin:

Hope this helps!
Lori Bell is the REASON I am finishing up Week 1 - Deplete! I am go grateful to her - I feel SO much better now - my mind is clearer after just 6 days on Week one....

See ya Lighter!
Kim :broc:

Violet73
12-13-2009, 12:12 AM
hey Kim....thanks for the post...yes I understand that starting today is important.....but first I need to read the book and that wont get here until next week. So...that is the reason I am waiting. But, meanwhile I am doing low carb and will splurge a little on Christmas but not much. Overeating these days makes me feel yucko anyway :) I'm so glad you feel better...and that it is working well for you! :) Oh, and I think starting a monthly or even a weekly thread on crack the weight loss would be great!

PrairieChick
12-13-2009, 02:34 AM
hey Kim....thanks for the post...yes I understand that starting today is important.....but first I need to read the book and that wont get here until next week. So...that is the reason I am waiting. But, meanwhile I am doing low carb and will splurge a little on Christmas but not much. Overeating these days makes me feel yucko anyway :) I'm so glad you feel better...and that it is working well for you! :) Oh, and I think starting a monthly or even a weekly thread on crack the weight loss would be great!

I guess I jumped too FAST in my response to your post! ;)
You DID say that you just ordered the book...:lol3:
I guess my mind is getting TOO Sharp without the carbs! :chin:

Thanks! I think I will start a NEW thread that will start each week on a Monday. With a NEW Thread each week...that way it won't get too long and people just jumping in won't be over loaded with a lot of :book2:

Here's a link to the new thread! :woohoo:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188023-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-14-2009-a.html#post3045324

Have fun and come and join in! :gossip:

Kim :broc:
You'll understand the :broc: more later! :lol3:

Violet73
12-13-2009, 10:29 AM
hahahaha....its ok! I really cant wait for the book to get here!

Yayyyy on the weekly thread!

Broccoli huh? Well, I can eat it raw now (which took all my life to like) lol.....

:)

JackieV
12-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Hi, Kim! Hi, Gemi! Know you both from LCF. I got in trouble too, Kim. It was innocent, but all the same!

Glad to see you here. Lindagem and I started the same week in 2008. I released 10.5 pounds in my first week. Mega health issues this year, but am still plugging away!

I have discovered that no matter which plan I follow, if I don't work through my emotional ties to food I'm going to never overcome it! So, I'm doing it! It is my end-of-year resolution! :jig:

PrairieChick
12-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi, Kim! Hi, Gemi! Know you both from LCF. I got in trouble too, Kim. It was innocent, but all the same!

Glad to see you here. Lindagem and I started the same week in 2008. I released 10.5 pounds in my first week. Mega health issues this year, but am still plugging away!

I have discovered that no matter which plan I follow, if I don't work through my emotional ties to food I'm going to never overcome it! So, I'm doing it! It is my end-of-year resolution! :jig:

:wel3fc:

GREAT to see ya here JackieV! You are gon'a L♥V it here!
Have you check'd out the NEW thread I started????

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters/188023-crack-conquer-fat-loss-code-december-14-2009-a.html#post3045324

Although it says...December 14th...you can still post to it! :comp:

LeslieLou - yep :broc: one cup a day for the first week, can eat it RAW or steam it - VERY beneficial - will keep you regular (more comfortable) cuz of the drastic change you are making on your body the first week. ;)

See ya on the NEW thread! ~ Kim :hug:

broccoligirl
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Kim,

Thank you so much for starting a forum for us "Wendy Warriors." I have been involved with this program even before Wendy Chant wrote the books. I was part of the beginning.

I was totally successful on the program and maintained a 60lb. weight loss for more than 5 yrs. Then, I moved, lost my support system, changed jobs, became the primary care-giver for my terminally ill mother (who eventually passed, God bless her), and got dumped by my significant other all within 15 months. Need I tell you that as a recovering "stress eater", I reverted to old, bad eating habits?

Then 2 significant injuries kept me out of the gym for 9 months.

But, YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD WOMAN DOWN FOREVER!!!!

I am back to eating healthfully and clean.

When I return from Xmas vacation with my family, I will be in full-force back to Carb Deplete.

Thanks for starting this. And remember to eat your broccoli every day.
We will be GREAT!

Broccoligirl :broc:
a/k/a JoAnne

PrairieChick
12-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Kim,

Thank you so much for starting a forum for us "Wendy Warriors." I have been involved with this program even before Wendy Chant wrote the books. I was part of the beginning.

I was totally successful on the program and maintained a 60lb. weight loss for more than 5 yrs. Then, I moved, lost my support system, changed jobs, became the primary care-giver for my terminally ill mother (who eventually passed, God bless her), and got dumped by my significant other all within 15 months. Need I tell you that as a recovering "stress eater", I reverted to old, bad eating habits?

Then 2 significant injuries kept me out of the gym for 9 months.

But, YOU CAN'T KEEP A GOOD WOMAN DOWN FOREVER!!!!

I am back to eating healthfully and clean.

When I return from Xmas vacation with my family, I will be in full-force back to Carb Deplete.

Thanks for starting this. And remember to eat your broccoli every day.
We will be GREAT!

Broccoligirl :broc:
a/k/a JoAnne

I hope you don't mind, but I'm copying the above quote to the new thread

I really think others should see this! OK? :o

See ya Lighter! :broc:
Kim :comp:

newlife
12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I am new here and need to know what to do next I have done the conquer the fas loss code for 8 wks what comes after that if you still need to lose weight anyone know?

newlife
12-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I am new here and need to know what to do next I have done the conquer the fas loss code for 8 wks what comes after that if you still need to lose weight anyone know?

nelie
12-17-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm going to close out this thread since you have another thread.