South Beach Diet - What's For Dinner? 7/7 - 7/13

View Full Version : What's For Dinner? 7/7 - 7/13

hmacneil6
07-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Great ideas last week. Keep them coming ladies! These really help.

Tonight we're having Poached Mahi Mahi or Orange Roughy (what ever looks better at the store tonight) w/ sauteed spinach w/ garlic, green salad, brown rice.

Dessert this week is chocolate-peanut butter cake (left over from the 4th).

RenRen
07-07-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm still in Phase One.

Tonight, we're having Turko Lettuce Wraps. Ground turkey seasoned like taco meat, ff spicy refried beans, and shredded cheese all wrapped up in a lettuce leaf.

happeningf
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
tonight

1 artichoke with light mayo
1 wedge laughing cow slim cheese
sf jello with whipped cream

Mum2Monkeys
07-07-2008, 03:59 PM
We're having Engagement Chicken (no skin, white meat only -- my son gets the dark meat lol) and some sort of veggie. I'm a little green-bean-ed out ATM so IDK what we'll have (time to get groceries again, sadly)

Jess

GONNABE165
07-07-2008, 04:20 PM
birthday dinner left overs for me - filet with shrimp scallops and mixed veggies

EofAZ
07-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Rotisserie chicken breast and artichoke is planned for this evening with Peanut butter delight for desert. Yummmmm

pookynutt
07-07-2008, 05:25 PM
PH 1
tonight we are having lemon pepper seasoned grilled shrimp, field peas and a salad. for dessert (sf fudgesicle, cool whip lite, splenda and unsweetend cocoa powder mixed together and then frozen) mmmm!

phxsunflower
07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
grilled pork loin chops, green beans, salad for me and the group and mashed potatoes for the group not me. For dessert jello with whipped topping for me.

Belle Mer
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Turkey burger with a teaspoon of light Alouette cheese and dijon mustard.

Steamed Artichoke with lemon and splash of olive oil

Tossed Salad.

Schmoodle
07-07-2008, 07:45 PM
DH is away and I cooked some stuffed zukes over the weekend and some Taco Bake, so for me,
Tonight: Taco Bake
Tomorrow: Stuffed Zukes
Weds: Taco Bake
Thurs: Stuffed Zukes
Friday: Taco Bake

You get the idea.

greeneyes490
07-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I made turkey scallopini breaded in ground flax seeds and sauted in a little olive oil the put under the broiler with some LF mozerella with some tomatoe sauce and broccoli....not sure about the rest of the week yet :)....

CyndiM
07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Came home after being on the road all day and just needed something healthy so I cut up a medium zucchini and sauteed it with red peppers. Then I mixed Hedgie's Salsa (a good quantity) in spread fat free refried beans over it all, heated it through and had dinner :) It's one of my go to quick, easy and perfectly on plan meals.

hmacneil6
07-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Today we're having the Chicken Cheesesteak Saute', w/ roasted asparagus, and a green salad. Dh will probably also have a ww bun to put the chicken on.

greeneyes - you're quite the cook.....aren't you?

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 09:40 AM
leftover taco bake.

We just had a bunch of Green Zebra and Cherokee Purple heirloom tomatoes ripen, so I need to use them. I was thinking about picking up some fresh mozzarella when I'm in the city today and making a caprese salad of some sort.

I love love love fresh heirlooms.

greeneyes490
07-08-2008, 09:55 AM
hmacneil6.....I LOVE to cook and I love food :)......part of the reason I find myself here now :) lol.......but I highly recommend using ground flax seed as a breading....there is a nice crunch to it and a nice nutty flavor...it was just like having veal parmagana without the veal (used the turkey)...pounding it thin makes it for me :).........

RenRen
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Tonight, three bean chili and a salad.

hmacneil6
07-08-2008, 11:14 AM
zeff - you grow your own heirlooms.....can I come over?!?!?! Those are the best tomatoes ever, you're so lucky.

greeneyes - me too. I have loved cooking since I was little. And I really try to be creative and experiment a lot. How do you grind your flax seed? Do you use a coffee grinder?

greeneyes490
07-08-2008, 11:19 AM
hmacneil6.........yes I buy golden flax seeds at the bulk store (I find the brown ones taste to grassy) and I keep them in the freezer and then I bought a cheap coffee grinder and just grind them as I need them.....apparently ground flaxseed only keeps their nutrition benefits for a couple of days ...so that is why i grind as I need it. I also add ground flax seed to smoothies, meatloaves, hamburgers etc....helps get a little extra omega 3 and fiber in where I won't even notice it :).......

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 11:23 AM
zeff - you grow your own heirlooms.....can I come over?!?!?! Those are the best tomatoes ever, you're so lucky.

greeneyes - me too. I have loved cooking since I was little. And I really try to be creative and experiment a lot. How do you grind your flax seed? Do you use a coffee grinder?

This is the first year I've tried. They are actually a lot more difficult than regular tomatoes. Picky about what kind of soil and what kind of fertilizer they get. I have an organic garden, so I had a few plants die on me before I got it right. Thankfully there is a long growing season.

I've been using coffee grounds and compost, and they seem to keep the soil in line.

The only thing that I've noticed is different with the homegrown heirlooms is they are smaller....not sure why. Maybe Ruth can answer that for me, she seems to be a gardener extraordinaire!

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 11:24 AM
hmacneil6.........yes I buy golden flax seeds at the bulk store (I find the brown ones taste to grassy) and I keep them in the freezer and then I bought a cheap coffee grinder and just grind them as I need them.....apparently ground flaxseed only keeps their nutrition benefits for a couple of days ...so that is why i grind as I need it. I also add ground flax seed to smoothies, meatloaves, hamburgers etc....helps get a little extra omega 3 and fiber in where I won't even notice it :).......

ground flaxseed also gets rancid quite quickly.

If you grind your own, be sure to use it promptly.

SunshineCA
07-08-2008, 01:53 PM
We're doing:

~Grilled Turkey Burgers with all the fixin's. Cheese and buns optional.

~Gazpacho

~Homemade French Fries for the Kiddies

~Celery and Carrot Sticks for Those Who May

~Vanilla Ricotta Creme for dessert.

EofAZ
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I fixed a Taco Bake before work this morning so we can just warm up this evening. That way the house can cool down while we are at work. I'm going to fix some cabbage along side to get it cleaned up.

I'll probably have a vanilla or almond Ricotta Crème for desert (I got a little over exuberant with the peanut butter last night).

Auralei
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Broc/cheese soup with homemade WW pita chips for me tonight. Nursing a sinus infection, so soup sounds really good.

cottagebythesea
07-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Supper tonight's going to be BBQed chicken breast (drumsticks for Jake), creamy cucumber salad, calabacitas, and for dessert, rhubarb crisp.

I keep my ground flaxseed in the freezer, and have never had a problem with it going rancid that way. I store my flour and oatmeal in the freezer, too.

Belle Mer
07-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Dinner tonight will be a big salad with plenty of veggies, crumbled turkey bacon, and LF Feta cheese. Dessert will be cottage cheese with vanilla creme liquid stevia and cinnamon.

femmecreole
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
shrimp and eggplant jambalaya...so yummy. Also a big old salad with everything I could dig out the fridge+avocados with ginger miso dressing..

And I made "chocolate candy" out of prunes...
2 cups of prunes, about 3/4 cup of oats, 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, 1 cup of nuts...whir it all up in a food processor then add agave necter and a touch of vanilla extract or vanilla beans to taste for sweetness. I rolled it into balls using one teaspoon per "candy" and put it in a pan in the fridge for a bit....I loved em. It's kind of like a cross between fudge and stuffed dates. Whole family liked them.

CyndiM
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
It's HOT here so simple is the word - mixed sauteed greens with sesame oil & soy sauce and veggie burgers.

Zeff - I tried ground eggshells in the tomato holes this year and my plants are huge and full of tomatoes. Ours are all heirloom varieties - very popular around here. Do you just use the coffee grounds when planting or all season?

nullgal
07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I made the turkey and white bean chili from the quick and easy cook book. it was totally delicious and everyone loved it. yeah! tomorrow i think im going to do the goat cheese and spinach stuffed chicken.

zeffryn
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
It's HOT here so simple is the word - mixed sauteed greens with sesame oil & soy sauce and veggie burgers.

Zeff - I tried ground eggshells in the tomato holes this year and my plants are huge and full of tomatoes. Ours are all heirloom varieties - very popular around here. Do you just use the coffee grounds when planting or all season?

I will have to try the eggshells, although we have them in our compost.

I've gotten mixed information about the coffee grounds, some say to just add when you're planting and others say to add a few times a year. Last year, I just added once at planting and then tilled into the ground. This year with the heirlooms, I added at planting - tilled in - and then once more about a month later just around the base. My plants are huge this year and the crop is amazing. I'm not sure why a few plants died, maybe something got into the root structure.

It is nice to be able to grow them rather than buy them. Organic heirlooms at Whole Foods or the farmers markets are expensive! I gave our neighbor a big basket full. She was so impressed and thankful. I think I'm going to make a huge batch of marinara and freeze it in serving sizes for the rest of the year. Heirlooms are best fresh, but I don't dare let them go to waste! I tried giving them to a friend of mine to get rid of more, but she was kind of freaked out by the yellows, greens and purples...and denied my offer. I was amazed. She had no idea what she was missing out on....oh well, more for me ;)

What else are you growing? I've become rather adventurous lately. I want to try berry bushes and asparagus next year. I have a huge crop of hot peppers that are coming ripe....anybody need a million habanero peppers? That was DH's contribution to the garden and there is no way he is going to use all of them.

Lulumum
07-08-2008, 09:39 PM
Tonight we had lemon pepper salmon and Greek salad- the boys had pasta as well.

phxsunflower
07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
tonight was sauted zucchini with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. I made turkey pepperoni crisp and topped with some mozzarella cheese. Desert is jello with whipped topping. The family had pizza.

Ruthxxx
07-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Last night I had chicken breast done on the grill - it was good! I did extras for my stash. I had green beans and sliced tomato with it.
Tonight will be taco bake and a mache salad. It's ready to go when I get back from Ottawa.

CyndiM
07-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Tonight I'm making zucchini pancakes with a yogurt dill sauce (i'm creating this recipe in my head as I type!) with some other fresh veggie on the side (it's farmer's market day!)

Zeff - I don't have a lot of garden space here. I've got the tomatoes, turnips, some peppers, eggplant, beets, flat italian beans, lots of varied and rotating greens, garlic, climbing beans, basil, and a few other herbs. Luckily I have unlimited access to a CSA, 3 farmer's markets, and multiple produce stands between work and home. We put the eggshells in the compost most of the time but I read that the extra calcium helps prevent blossom end rot which I've had trouble with in the past.

TwynnB
07-09-2008, 08:22 AM
We're having grilled stuffed poblano peppers for supper! I'll have to let you know how it is....

hmacneil6
07-09-2008, 09:36 AM
OK...first off, ladies, if you haven't tried the Chicken Cheesesteak Saute from the P1 Entrees recipe section, I suggest that you do. It was so good!!! Great idea!

Tonight we're having roasted summer veggies on ww penne pasta, ww garlic bread, and probably a green salad. I'm really crossing my fingers that dh feels satisfied with a vegetarian dinner.

CyndiM
07-09-2008, 09:58 AM
We're having grilled stuffed poblano peppers for supper! I'll have to let you know how it is....

Must have this recipe! Is it from here or would you share?

Kim_Star060404
07-09-2008, 10:01 AM
We're having salmon tacos (I'll have mine on a salad) tonight with sauteed bell peppers and salad with my homemade cilantro lime dressing. Yummy.

Schmoodle
07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
Kim, I've noticed you have fish tacos fairly often. How do you make them? I've never had them, and I watched a Food Network guy make them the other night but they were deep fried and corn tortillas and not good for SBD. Do you have a good recipe? Is it basically fish fajitas on a ww tortilla? What do you use for the sauce? I'd like to experiment with this, sounds yummy.

zeffryn
07-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Cyndi - It sounds like you make good use of the small space that you have:) We don't have a very large plot either, but when we move my wish is for a bigger backyard so I can double - or maybe triple my garden size! I envy the heck out of you with all the fresh produce you have so close! Our farmer's market is SMALL and only open Saturday mornings. We do have a produce market, but sometimes the food is organic and sometimes it isn't. They also have times when they don't use local produce. I do buy their local organic produce though. Also, I just found a CSA! One just opened close to our home, it's relatively cheap and is a community service thing - I guess it is kept up by people in halfway houses and things of that sort. It is too late to get into the summer rotation, but I already paid my autumn/winter subscription :)

---

tonight for dinner is either greek chicken "tacos" or made at home thai food. I guess it depends on what DH wants. The greek chicken tacos are sooooooo good! I hope he picks those :)

Marathon Mom
07-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Ooooh Zeff, what's in your greek tacos. They sound good.

I'm so excited. I finally found some great "quorn chicken" filets that are not breaded! I"m making Buffalo Chicken over a salad for dinner tonight... DH and kiddies get authentic chicken and fruit with their dinner....

greeneyes490
07-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Tonight I think will be roast chicken, broccoli and a gravy made with arrowroot powder.....tomorrow might be a quesadilla..not sure yet :).....

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar013/slider-hearts/lb/240/150/225/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

weezle
07-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Morningstar Farms Crumbles, LS tomato sauce, and mushrooms. Possibly a salad with it. Mmmm.

EofAZ
07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Tonight is grilled pork loin and steamed broccoli. All though with all this talk about zucchini I may stop and get some to fix, you guys make it sound so good. I wish I lived someplace that had sufficient water to support a nice garden. Pouring it on with a hose just isn’t the same. There are people with really green thumbs who manage a garden here, the soil is suppose to be very good but I’m not one of them. I even struggle with house plants. Killed all the roses the people who owned the house before me had so lovingly planted and they had a drip irrigation system. I still am not sure why those darned things died.

zeffryn
07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Marathon Mom - Here is the recipe for the greek chicken tacos. It is rather difficult to find ground chicken around here, so I sometimes use chopped chicken breast - same flavor, just bigger chicken chunks. It is great wrapped in lettuce leaves as well, in fact, I prefer it. Kind of like greek/mexican bulgogi - it is an international dish ;)

1 lb lean ground chicken
1 1/2 tsp each oregano, paprika and finely minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
4 ww pitas, split, warmed in microwave (I usually buy the pita pocket bread - regular ww tortillas work just as well)
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
1 cup each diced tomatoes and cucumbers
3/4 cup plain lowfat yogurt
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese

1. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Add ground chicken, oregano, paprika, garlic and salt.

2. Cook, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 4 minutes.

3. Top each split pita half with 1/4 cup of the lettuce. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture, 2 Tbsp each of the tomato and cucumber, 1 1/2 Tbsp of the yogurt and 1 Tbsp of the feta. Fold in half to eat.

hmacneil6
07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
Zeff - Those sound great! Thanks for sharing.

Barb0522
07-09-2008, 02:13 PM
We're having Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Creole (cooked in the crockpot) and served over whole wheat bowtie pasta. I'll probably fix fruit and a salad with it.

Belle Mer
07-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Tonight is Taco Bake with cabbage and an artichoke. Dessert is vanilla ricotta. Can't wait to try the Taco Bake recipe!!

pookynutt
07-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Tonight is cola chicken..mmm....with sugar snap peas and a big salad. dessert is frozen cool whip with cocoa and splenda mixed in.

SAnativegirl
07-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Tonite is baked cod. We bought a case from husbands employer, food service company. Underneath them I will put slivers of red pepper (bought 2 at the 99 cent store) mushroom slices, green onions and serve with a med salad.

Belle Mer
07-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Wow the Taco Bake was delicious! Great recipe!

Mum2Monkeys
07-09-2008, 07:44 PM
We're having chicken stir fry with peanut sauce :)

cottagebythesea
07-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Those Greek tacos are going on my menu real soon, Zeff! I eager to see the recipe for the stuffed poblano peppers, too. :T

Tonight we had soy-citrus marinated pork loin roast with potatoes (for DH), onions and baby carrots, topped with fresh rosemary and thyme from my herb garden. We also had leftover yogurt-dill cucumber salad and the leftover calabacitas with it. Very yummy!

murphmitch
07-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Whole wheat penne with NSA spaghetti sauce and 93% lean ground beef with lettuce salad

phxsunflower
07-09-2008, 10:03 PM
too hot to cook, will be until sometime in October! Grill was aflaming tonight for burgers and dogs. I had a salad with mix veges included, beans, and hamburger pattie. Dessert will be jello and cool whip.

zeffyrn-your greek tacos sound yummy and not something that will heat up the house, I will be trying those. Thanks

TwynnB
07-10-2008, 07:35 AM
For those interestedin thestuffed poblanos -

They weretoo hot for me (I'm a wuss), but my husband enjoyed them. He wished there wasn't any rice, and he piled on some taco meat, salsa, and sour cream after slicing them open. They smelled awesome though! (They say easy to make, not sure I'd agree with that!!)

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10921

Lizabeth2
07-10-2008, 10:31 AM
I was going to make eggplant recipe from SB book but made it a little different. I peeled eggplant and diced it. I grated one onion. Some diced green peppers from freezer and some grape tomatoes. Added olive oil to pan and cooked onion. Added eggplant and other veggies. Got it cooking and added 1 tbs. margarine.(good kind) Added one tsp. original Mrs. Dash. If you don't think you like eggplant, try this! It's scrumptious. Had a piece of chicken as my protein and a green salad alongside. My 5th day into SB and I'm feeling pretty lucky.;)

cottagebythesea
07-10-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the Stuffed Poblano recipe, Twynne. I hope you subbed brown rice for the basmati rice, though. ;) And thanks for the warning that it's pretty hot. I'll tone mine down a little. :)

Tonight I'm having the Pork and Pepper Salad with the leftover pork loin, and we're having corn-on-the-cob (:devil:) with it. (I refuse to go through a summer without having fresh corn-on-the-cob, so I use it for an occasional treat. I feel the same way about watermelon.)

SAnativegirl
07-10-2008, 12:20 PM
We're having a couple grilled sm sirloins. And a stir fry (mostly broth) of fresh vegetables-red peppers, mushrooms, green onions, zucchini, and broccoli.

zeffryn
07-10-2008, 12:56 PM
Tonight we're going out for pizza....Thankfully I haven't really had an appetite lately, so I won't be eating much of it. They don't offer a ww crust, but we do order the veggie pizza with no meat to save on calories and fat and they offer a really good salad that I'll get before the meal to fill me up.

Last night we ended up going out for Mexican last minute with DH's parents. They hadn't seen DS in a few weeks and were in town. I got grilled tilapia tacos on ww tortillas - they were stuffed with a red pepper tapenade type sauce, fresh pico de gallo, lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. mmmmmmmmmmm, they were delicious. Really satisfied the craving I got after Barb posted her Baja fish taco recipe :) On the side, it came with some sort of cheesy, southwestern, grit type things - but after a bite, I decided it was a little too heavy and ordered some grilled asparagus. I have plenty left over - 2 tacos and a bunch of asparagus for lunch today.

Anyone have any ideas why my appetite is down so much? I've had to force myself to eat the past few days.

EofAZ
07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Leftover Taco Bake with a salad and Vanilla ricotta Creme for dessert.

CyndiM
07-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Komatsuna with tahini lemon sauce, balsamic roasted turnips, veggie Chicken breast things

Belle Mer
07-10-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm picking on string cheese and celery tonight. I'm not very hungry. I had a very late lunch of taco back leftovers.

weezle
07-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I had a "taco salad" with lettuce, a MSF Spicy Black Bean Burger cut up, LF cheddar cheese, salsa, and LF sour cream, with broccoli in LF cheese sauce on the side.

SunshineCA
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Leftover Salmon Salad
Asparagus Spears
Mocha Ricotta Creme

EofAZ
07-11-2008, 02:14 PM
Leftovers tonight, grilled chicken breast, cabbage and brussel sprouts. A Ricotta Creme for dessert but haven't decided which flavor.

Barb0522
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Leftover sloppy joes served on whole wheat rolls. Veggies and fruit.

Belle Mer
07-11-2008, 04:15 PM
I'm doing sort of a variation of the Chicken Divan recipe. Instead of using broccoli, I am mixing frozen cooked spinach, canned chopped artichoke hearts and fresh basil into the sour cream/mayo mixture, and I'm spreading it over the cooked chicken. Then I'll top it with a small amount of LF mozz, and just a dash of parmesan and bake. Sort of an artichoke/spinach chicken "mock alfredo" thingy.

Ruthxxx
07-11-2008, 04:39 PM
If it doesn't rain, I'll do a beef and veggie kebabs on the BBQ with sweet potatoes. If it does rain, I'll make fresh basil pesto with ww pasta and a green salad.

carriepeck
07-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I am having grilled extra lean ground beef, zuchinni and squash..Actually starting the Phase 1 tomorrow...

weezle
07-11-2008, 05:38 PM
I'm having a "fake" buffalo chicken salad - MSF Chicken Strips, lettuce, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing. Probably more broccoli with LF cheese sauce too.

CyndiM
07-11-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm having a "fake" buffalo chicken salad - MSF Chicken Strips, lettuce, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing. Probably more broccoli with LF cheese sauce too.

So I'm not the only one who does this :) I use the quorn naked cutlets and cook them in the sauce. Yum

Tonight was leftovers here too - some of the ww pizza w/zuke, feta & roasted red peppers and leftover collard & kale greens

murphmitch
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Sauteed chicken with onions, mushrooms, garlic, pico de gallo & LF sour cream with steamed cauliflower & zucchini

Belle Mer
07-12-2008, 06:29 PM
bison burger with LF cheddar. Huge salad with various veggies

Schmoodle
07-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I made Barb's Baja fish tacos recipe. Very yummy.

femmecreole
07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
grilled shrimp with lemon+dijon mustard+garlic+orange agave necter glaze.
Put them on top of a big salad of baby romaine,tomatoes, purple onion, mushrooms and avocado. Had miso honey mustard dressing on the salad. yum.

had a couple of my "chocolate truffles" for dessert.

zeffryn
07-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Cat - I wanted to let you know that DS was a bit constipated the other day, so I made your "brownies". DS LOVED them and I actually woke up one night to him rummaging through the fridge to get more (I asked him what he was doing - "gettin' chocolate, momma" - that is a boy after my own heart). They made him right as rain ;)

They were nummy though. DH thought they were a little too rich, but he isn't a big fan of sweets. I thought they were just perfect and great for pregnancy!

cottagebythesea
07-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Maple Wasabi Glazed Salmon on the grill with grilled zucchini and a big salad.

Belle Mer
07-13-2008, 07:01 PM
Asian Turkey meatballs in lettuce cups. From SB Taste of Summer Cookbook. I added scallions.

Steamed Asparagus.

femmecreole
07-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Zeff, glad you liked them. I decided instead of brownies that they are "truffles" and rolled em in little balls. We polished off the last of ours today. Yep, they are pretty good.

zeffryn
07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
cold thai peanut noodles and grilled chicken in lettuce cups...rather bulgogi-ish.

a spicy, asian slaw on the side.

Blueberry and nectarine "crisp" for dessert.

Schmoodle
07-13-2008, 08:27 PM
the cheesesteak chicken saute. Very tasty and easy and the kids liked it too!