LA Weight Loss - Slimdown Shakes at Big Lots

View Full Version : Slimdown Shakes at Big Lots

krjpy
07-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey - Just to let you all know, my mother found the actual "Slimdown" shakes (chocolate and vanilla) at Big Lots on Saturday.

I know that each store sometimes gets different things, but they were $3 for a set of 4 Shakes.

Came at a perfect time for me as I wanted to start using them in the mornings.

Wel, I am off to do a Take Off this morning and tomorrow.

Wish me luck!

Lolene
07-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Kelly

I found them at our Big Lots in NY too. The chocolate ones I had were really thick and the vanilla were not. They tasted fine, but I wondered if they were supposed to be so thick. I had never bought them at the center.

Lolene

krjpy
07-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Lolene - I don't eat the chocolate ones, but I know that the vanilla need to be shaken heavily

I also put them in my magic bullet and add 6 frozen strawberries and 1/4 of a banana (for 1 fruit) and make a smoothie.

My Dad adds banana and peanut butter to the chocolate (and some extra ice) to make a chocolate smoothie.

Put the vanilla in the fridge before you shake and use them. I found that the one out of the pantry this morning was not as thick as when they are in the fridge.

MACGlossChick
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Did they have any of the other products? I'm dying to get my hands on those cheese curls. I'm going to go anyway, this is so much cheaper than buying them on ebay.

krjpy
07-07-2008, 07:49 PM
We didn't have anything but the Slimdowns. We are always looking for the TO juice, but they never have it.

MACGlossChick
07-08-2008, 07:59 PM
I went to Big Lots in Clifton, NJ yesterday. I was out of luck, absolutley no Slimdowns or other products. However, they did have a large quantity of Nutrisystem products. How long have you been seeing the Slimdowns at Big Lots? Maybe the Clifton store is just out of stock, or didn't get their shipment yet. Anyhow, I'll check back in a week or two, just to make sure.

krjpy
07-10-2008, 09:08 AM
MAC - We just saw them this week, but the Big Lots in out town is closing due to the center they are in remodeling, so they aren't getting anything new in right now. I did notice yesterday when I stopped in and got the last 3 of the vanilla slimdowns that they did have some of the nutrasystem stuff in stock, but they shelves at mine are getting bare

shshshhh
07-10-2008, 01:32 PM
If anyone in Portland is interested in the Slim Downs, they had about a dozen 4 - packs in chocolate and vanilla in the Big Lots on 185th and TV Hwy yesterday.

MACGlossChick
07-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Krjpy- Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna try going back either tomorrow or Saturday. I hope they'll have them then, if not, there's always ebay.

threegreygirls
07-16-2008, 04:37 PM
MACglosschick --The BigLots in the Bucks County, PA area all seem to be carrying the SlimDowns, if you aren't too far from here. I've been so happy to see them, since mine ran out long ago.
As to thickness -- I've had some pretty thick ones (especially chocolate) since getting them at BigLots. I don't remember them being quite as thick in the past, but these seemed fine (no ill effects!).
Yummy!

methodacting
07-16-2008, 09:18 PM
The BL in my area (North Carolina) had TO juice too for $3!

krjpy
07-17-2008, 09:55 AM
The BL in my area (North Carolina) had TO juice too for $3!

Lucky you!

I am going to check the one down in Fredericksburg tomorrow evening for the TO juice, since the one up here in Stafford is closing next month and they aren't getting anything new in. Wish me luck!

stellarwbz
07-17-2008, 05:29 PM
I was really hoping to find take off at ours. Checked today and the didnt have an LAWL stuff. Oh well.

MACGlossChick
07-17-2008, 08:34 PM
I went to the same Big Lots last Friday, didn't see any LA/ PURE products. I'm gonna try again tomorrow, if I don't find it then, it'll be a while until I go again.

threegreygirls- According to the BL website the closest BL in PA from me is East Stroudsberg, 60 miles. I'm not willing to go that far for these.

krjpy
07-18-2008, 11:20 PM
Well, I went to the one in Fredericksburg and they had the Slimdowns, but not the TO Juice. I really have to find it somewhere, I don't like the other alternatives.

heidz1234
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
Do Slimdowns hurt anyone else's tummy?

LoisKent
07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
Good morning !
Hey Kelly I live in Mechanicsville !! I will check our local big lots to see if they have the TO this afternoon. I work right next door to them. I will let you know.
Lois

krjpy
07-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Lois, if they have them, I will drive down tomorrow and get them:D

My mom got some off of ebay in cases and that is my next option, but if Big Lots has them cost less that Mom's $100 a case it would be so great for me, since I am on such a tight budget.

LoisKent
08-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Kelly I am so sorry my machine went down on me and I couldn't get back on to let you know they the big lots on Parham didn't have any la products at all.
They did say to keep checking back as they are getting new stuff every other day so I will keep you informed . Hope you didn't waste a trip down . Take care and have a great Sunday !
Lois

krjpy
08-04-2008, 10:46 AM
LoisKent - Thanks for the update. Didn't come down, as I figured you hadn't gotten by. I keep checking the one in Fredericksburg, but no TO Juice yet.

Thanks!

MACGlossChick
08-20-2008, 08:35 PM
I went to Big Lots on Monday and they finally had the Slimdowns. It was weird though, b/c they had them in the health and beauty section (on a very low shelf, and they were pushed to the back of the shelf so I could hardly see them) while the nutrisystem stuff was in the grocery aisles. They only had the chocolate ones though, but I will be going back next week to see if they have any other products.

methodacting
10-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Are they still there?