South Beach Diet - Make It A Marvellous Monday

View Full Version : Make It A Marvellous Monday

Ruthxxx
07-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Whew! Long weekends on both sides of the Canada/US border turn into a whole week of festivities around here. I am hoping things ease off a bit this week.

This morning (in less than two hours!) we do the school work judging over at the Fair Hall. Claire and Rob are helping me which is great as they are nice and tall and can do the display. The judge is a little dynamo of a retired school teacher who will whiz through the over 1200 entries. I am hoping we are done by noon. :carrot:

Tonight I am out to dinner - again! This has been a difficult week after a pretty terrible month but tonight is the last of it for a while. I am going to my sister's for dinner with the Happy Couple who have stayed married since Saturday! :D I'm sure the food will be healthy as BIL has been recently diagnosed as Type II diabetic and both he and Joan are excellent and smart cooks.

The rest of the week will be dinner at home unless George Clooney calls! :rofl:

How does your week look? Come and chat a bit. :cofdate:

ladybugnessa
07-07-2008, 06:26 AM
Good Monday Morning.
at work by 6! leaving at 10:30 for the day to take DH somewhere.
plans this week
work work work
gym gym gym

NOTHING new or exciting in my life.

Natalie'sMom
07-07-2008, 06:32 AM
Hi Ruth! I am with you on too many festivities! I have GOT to get back OP this week. And I plan to, today! This week was really my first off week since I started so I am feeling icky, discouraged, ect. So it is time to get tback to it!

I am thinking treadmill over lunch! Anyone else need to re-energize with me? We are having Gracie's baby naming Oct. 12 -- I'd like to be under 250 for that!! I gotta get on it today -- no more messing around! Maybe I'll even get that personal trainer scheduled finally!

I mean I am a better mom if I get this done, right? So I should do whatever it takes? Maybe DH and I could make our date night on Friday a tennis night? Well, I guess that's my pep talk to myself for today. It may have worked!

chipper15173
07-07-2008, 06:55 AM
yea down two#s. :carrot:

found this post on calorie counting section thought it was interesting. it was in the post started with "how annoying (vent)" post #8 by fiberlover. sorry don't know how to bring it over here to make it easier.

"Why the scale lie"

not much new here today. get to see one of the two docs who did my surgery on wed. hope he clears me for some exercising. than just have to wait until the second one does. both had me on "do nothing". but saw them post-op three weeks apart. i have been cheating some and doing somethings i shouldn't have been. a person can go stir-crazy sitting around all day for 12 weeks. like eat, eat, oh did i mention eatting.

time for breadfast.
ttyl, chipper

Loriann7
07-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Good Morning Ruth, sounds like you have a full day ahead... have fun at the newly weds!

Nat's mom.... I don't know how much "better" of a mom you would be, seems to me you make a great mommy now! To lose the weight would merely make you a "healthier" mom :). good luck though!

As for me, I'm nervous about the interview today! For the first time since re-interviewing! This company seems like a great place to work, listed as top 100 places to work!

OK, so my son, who moved out this past Friday and Saturday, strolled in sometime after 11:30 last night (thinking was around 3 this morning)... and is inhis room. Only thing I can think is that he's planning to pack more of his things, clean his room and mow the neighbors yard for some cash. Yesterday he called me and asked me to take him shopping for food, I asked if he had money, he said no. "Joe, I'm sorry, but you moved out." I feel bad, had a hard (very hard) time at the store not buying him his normal things... but he wanted to move in with his friend and his friends mother... didn't mow the lawn last week before he left (before he knew he was moving out)... I feel I must stand strong and treat him as an adult, since thats what he wants. He doesn't work he doesn't eat! (but as any mother knows, to deny child is the most difficult thing in the world, esp. when all he wanted was food!)

femmecreole
07-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Morning all. quick hello and then I have to get to work. tons poured in yesterday and is waiting in my "in box".
Looks like it is going to be a nasty rainy day. yuk. Having a bit of a problem with my back...kept me up a lot last night.

mandyleigh
07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Good morning ladies!!

Seems like I should be walking in with my head hiding behind my hands....I've been SO far off plan I couldn't have found it with a map and a guide.

BUT....I'm back now and will hopefully find the conviction within myself to keep with it this time!!!

Happy Mondy everyone!

Pearlrose
07-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Happy Monday Morning,

Super busy at work no time for personals, just a quick hello

thunderbegone
07-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Good morning. Started the day off well with a 5:30 a.m. trip to the gym for 30 min of elliptical and 30 min of resistance training.

Not working until the afternoon so I will be enjoying time with my girls this morning.

Lulumum
07-07-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning, it sounds like you've been busy, Ruth!

I've got a quiet week planned (well, as quiet as it can be with four sons underfoot now that school's out!).

On Saturday our neighbourhood has a garage sale so I'm supposed to be organizing some clutter to sell, but I woke up with a stonking headache (may be diet related?), and don't feel much inspired to do anything.

Schmoodle
07-07-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi chicks, have to admit I'm happy to see Monday for a change! It was a long weekend of work. Yesterday the phone and internet went out completely, so spent the day troubleshooting that as well as the computer that will not boot. DD (as in dear dad, not darling daughters) came over and ran me a temporary line to my office so I can work today. Then my dear friend called and wanted to come over and spend the night as she had a huge fight with her DH (D not as in dear or darling, but as in d@*khead), so sat up talking with her until she decided to go home.

Ruth, George will be busy this week (DH IS away, you know). I'll send him over when I'm done. Hope the fair work is over quick.
Nessa, You ARE the new and exciting thing in your life. Exciting is over-rated anyway!
Nat's Mom, you are right to jump right back in and remotivate yourself!
Chipper, congrats on the 2 lbs.!
LoriAnn, that would be very hard for me too, but I think you are right to take a stand.
Cat, hope the back feels better. Good luck getting through all that work!
Welcome back mandyleigh! We've been waiting for you...
thunder, sounds like you are getting your week off to a great start!
Have a great day pearly!

Hope to be back later chicks, now I've gotta run as I have a meeting at 9:15.

GONNABE165
07-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Monday already the weekend sure did go by fast. I had a super 4th and a great birthday day as well.

Scale is up this week due to TOM visiting and I am sure a lil is from my bday weekend splurges.

Hope you chicks have a great day!

hmacneil6
07-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Morning Ladies!!! Happy Monday!

Ruth - Have fun getting the art projects up and judged. Those kids are going to be so proud of themselves! And btw.....GET BACK ON PROGRAM!!! Work it out, honey!

Nessa - Enjoy your time with DH today.

Nat's Mom -You can do this....we both can do it. I'm struggling to, but it's so worth it, even when it seems so hard. Hang in there. Enjoy your time on the treadmill this afternoon!

Chipper - Congrats on the 2#s down. Great work!

Loriann - Good to see you here again! Good luck staying strong with your son. I'm sure that's so hard, but I'm guessing it's for the best (for both of you). Hang in there!

Cat - I hope the work that poured in over the weekend will be fun projects to work on. Try to stay dry!

Mandy - Welcome back! And don't hang your head, hold it high for returning. Great work!

Pearlrose - Morning!!!!

Thunder - Great job with the exercise! Keep it up!

Lulu - Four boys!!! Wow! Good for you! Make sure you're getting your dairy and water in. That will help with the "flu". Welcome to the chat!

Schmoodle - You're a good friend. You seemed to have a sucky day, but you were there for your friend when she needed someone. Good job!

Gonna - Great new pic w/ you and dh. Have a good, on program week!

Me - Ok....so I'm really perturbed with the scale this morning. It says that I'm 2 pounds up. I know I wasn't that terrible over the weekend...in fact I was pretty go. But that scale is up and it sucks! Sometimes I really wonder if I have it in me to stay motivated for this long. Feeling a little discouraged today....can you tell?
Yesterday turned out to be so different than we had planned. On the way to church dh and I started smelling gas in the car. We had planned on going to play Frisbee golf w/ friends after church, but instead we took the car over to the friend's home and both dh's worked and fixed the car. I hung out w/ my friend and their little girl. It was very relaxing, but maybe my lack of activity increased the lack of pounds lost.....don't know. But today I'm all set, I have my food, I've already walked 2 miles....It'll be better next week......Right?
Have a lovely Monday, Ladies!
ENJOY!!!

KO
07-07-2008, 09:43 AM
Morning Ladies:
I decided I'm going to work Ph 2. I've got most of my food for the week automated and just need to supplement some veggies. I'm also working beck which is helping my crazy brain.
Home today with a bad headache thats had me up since 2 am. Will post more in a bit
Ruth/Schmoodle can you guys let Ben Affleck Know I'm ready for a neck rub whenever he is? DH won't mind :devil:
Ruth you're retirement is more strenuous than my nonretirement! Do you have any spare energy?
Hi Nessa!
Nat it will make you a healthier MOm but the # on the scale doesn't make you good or bad!
Good Job Chipper!!
Lori I know that was hard but You have to Let him make his mistakes even if it means him eating Ramen ( I've lived on it a few times) he chose to make an adult decision
Hi Gonna!

little chick
07-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Hello chicks, I am back. Vacation was wonderful we had a great trip and have lots of pics that I will post a link to later, I still have to get them organized. Eating has been terrible and that is not even a strong enough word to explain it. Well I am going to get myself back on track I am feeling like crap and I am sure the it has everything to do with the 15 chocolate bars we bought at the lindt factory ( and yes I do mean 15 ) what was I thinking. ...... STUPID is a good word for that, although we did give 4 of them away. Well ladies have a good day, I must dash and get some stuff done so we can go to the beach after lunch. Enjoy your day.

Kim_Star060404
07-07-2008, 10:15 AM
Good Morning, everyone! Glad to be back home and posting, but I already miss the family!

Ruth: Enjoy your dinner tonight. I wonder if we could double date with George and Edward Norton? ;) That would be lots of fun! I hope your days slow down a bit and that you have some time to smell the roses!

Nessa: I'll have to read back a few days to see how your interview went. I hope it was great. While it's fun to have some excitement every now and then, I love my routine - work, work, work, walk, walk, walk. :lol:

Natalie's Mom: Great pep talk! And you're right - you will be a better mom because of the healthy choices you're making now. Keep it up! I know you can make your goal!

Chipper: I hope that the docs give you the all-clear to work out! I would be the same way - I think it would be awful to do nothing for 12 weeks!!

Loriann: I know it's hard on you, but I'm proud of you for being strong with your son. There's nothing like facing reality to make a person grow up into a great human being! Stick with it...you deserve some me time now. :hug:

Cat: Good morning! Sorry about your back -- hope it gets well soon!

Mandy: Congrats on coming back into the light. After this weekend, I needed a spotlight to find my way back - but at least we're here!

:wave:, Pearl, Thunder and Lulumum! Have a great day!

Schmoodle: Sorry that the weekend was so nerve-wracking for you. I hope this week is much nicer! Thank goodness for DDad and boo to the dumb DH whose friend you consoled!

Gonna: Happy belated birthday! Hope you have a nice Monday.

hmacneil: Sorry that you're frustrated, but you've already gotten yourself on the right track this morning, so I'm sure this week will be better. Just keep going, even if you have a bad attitude about it, and all those good "I'm doing the right thing by being healthy" feelings will naturally come back!

KO: Sorry to hear about your all-night headache. I hope you're doing better today and that you get some great rest tonight!

Me: Well, I'm glad to be back, but maybe not so glad to be at work. Oh well. That's life, right? I was HORRIBLE this weekend while at home, so it's back to P1 and the P1 Interval workouts for me today. I'm going to go change my July ticker as well to make it honest.

Tonight will be laundry and finishing unpacking. I've got a few washcloths I want to get crocheted as well, so I'll probably do that while I watch a few tv shows tonight.

Well, I must run as I need to make my Avon deliveries on my break! Have a great day!

~Kim

Schmoodle
07-07-2008, 11:13 AM
Meeting's over, first calls of the day made, and DD picked up from her sleepover, that means I get to take a break and check in again with the chicks!
Kim, sounds like you had a really nice visit with the family. Hey, order me some of that heel crack cream please, I love that stuff, I use it on my hands too.
lc, if I was at the Lindt factory, I would definitely find a reason to buy LOTS of chocolate bars (gifts?, rationing?), and it would make perfect sense to me at the time... Can't wait to see your pix!
Hi Kier! Sure you just want a neck rub?:devil:
hmac, yes it will be better! You've been doing this long enough to know that 2 lbs up is no big deal when you have been on plan. If the scale is not being nice to you, just give it a little kick and the cold shoulder for a few days...
Hi Gonna! Late Happy Birthday to you! :balloons::celebrate::balloons: Hope you had a good one! Is your birthday the 4th? My niece is an Independence Day baby. I always thought it would be cool to have fireworks for my birthday, but I just get a turkey. :turkey:

Ruthxxx
07-07-2008, 01:07 PM
I've always wondered what was really going on in that turkey smiley!

Back from judging and now I have the paperwork. However, I'll hold off on that because Donny is here doing garden work. I am going to just direct him as it's too darned hot for me out there. It's probably too hot for him too but he's short of money as usual, I guess.

My house is beautifully cool so I'm going to sew for a bit and work in a soak in the tub before I get dressed for dinner. Hmmm - need to do a laundry as my "cool" clothes are in the hamper. I need staff!

GONNABE165
07-07-2008, 01:22 PM
:hug: Thanks guys for the bday wishes. My birthday was on Sunday but 31 years ago my moms due date was July 4th so I was a few days late.

Schmoodle
07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
:rofl: Ruth! :o

Ruthxxx
07-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Well....at least they are both smiling, Schmoodle. Who are we to judge?

Lulumum
07-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Well....at least they are both smiling, Schmoodle. Who are we to judge?

:lol:

Kim_Star060404
07-07-2008, 02:59 PM
hmacneil: Thanks for the movie tip (last Wednesday)! I added it to my Netflix list.

Fat Melanie
07-07-2008, 03:40 PM
It's not such a marvellous Monday for me, TOM started yesterday and I'm bloated and a few lbs up (back to 200land, but not for long). I am not too upset about that though, I understand that it's just biology at work. What I meant was unmarvellous was just the fact that I started, I always feel down and moody and depressed. (Am I giving too much TOM info? Sorry, lol). I am not counting this Monday's weigh in because of TOM coming to visit, though. Hope you all had a good weekend.

Fat Melanie
07-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey Kim Star, I'm not doing Phase 1 until the 13th but I've been trying to eat sensibly. And I've been doing that, but yesterday I did pretty bad too. We ran out of food and went to Burger King like twice! I tried to "think small" by getting the small dollar menu sandwiches, though I did have a hershey's pie. And a sugary smores flavored cappuchino from the gas station. So I did pretty horribly, though I'm not beating myself up and throwing in the towel, today I'm eating sensibly again. Good luck on restarting Phase 1 again.

ladybugnessa
07-07-2008, 03:48 PM
hey melanie, instead of going to burger king twice, why not take that money and go to the grocery store? burger king twice would probably cost nearly 20 dollars for two people.

you can buy some decent food for that....

Fat Melanie
07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
We just got dollar menu stuff (it was me, bf, and bff) and spent about $5 (broke, so we can only do the dollar menu at the moment). Later we spent about $3 on another stop. Lucky that we're broke, because we may very well have spent $20 had we not been. You're right, we could have bought something way more nutritious in a grocery store and I wish I had done that. We were in a hurry though, going to hit up the sales at Walmart, so we stopped at BK for a quick bite through the drive-thru and then again on the way back. But that's a dumb excuse, I could have got the dollar menu salad. I hadn't eaten very much before we had left (and it was late afternoon), so I've recognized a definite pattern in my eating; when I've skimped on eating earlier in the day, I'm WAAAAY more likely to give into junkfood and temptation, than I would be had I eaten throughout the day. That's something I plan to change once I re-start Phase 1. When I've been eating throughout the day (and eating sensibly), I don't feel the need for greasy crappy food and sugary snacks. (See, I don't even LIKE Burger King!! So I don't want to crave it.) I'm looking forward to re-starting Phase 1, very much. It was hard the first time but I'm looking forward to it. :D

indigal
07-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Hello everybody! Glad you all survived the fireworks and barbe-q's. It's Tuesday here. I'm having a lazy day at home, doing some chores, dejunking, and will take my dogs for a walk later today. I've had this jaw pain for last 2 days (TMJ...I think they call it) so I'm a bit cranky... sticking to my food plan and going to try to increase my water intake. Good night everyone on the other side of the globe!