Weight Loss Support - 3fc Midsummer Night's 5k

View Full Version : 3fc Midsummer Night's 5k

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Is it already time for another 5K? :shrug: You bet it is :cb:

We have had such great results from our first three 5K's that we can't stop now! :no: Our 4th 5K will be titled MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S...as we head towards those :flame: hotter days :flame: of summer :sunny: We may choose to do our 5K in the cooler part of the evening.

For those that are new, or not sure what is going on here, we are about to enter our 4th 5K as a group. We do a 5K, which is 3.1 miles, on or about the same day supporting each other with our results and experiences. We have found out that it almost impossible not to fit into one of our categories...if you can't find one, we will make one for you! :)

ALL SIGN-UPS and your NUMBERS will be posted in the post following this one. After you post and I reply that you are in, you may go to it and find your number. I try to make the list colorful and :dancer: fun...with my very limited artistic and mental skills :yes: I do have some nicknames and name variations for some of you. If I offend you in anyway please PM me and I will change it...if you do not have a nickname please PM me and I will get you one. Some are easy and some, because our "history" together is limited, are difficult...some I am sure just HATE :mad: it! Sorry :^:

ALL RESULTS will be posted in this thread. I tried to separate sign-ups and results before and it just became too confusing. I am hoping this works.

DATE of 5K ~ AUGUST 1-3 This gives us almost a month to train and 3 days to complete it or do several of them if we want.

CATEGORIES ~

ELITE ~ For those that do this for a living! :running:

SEMI-ELITE ~ For those that walk/run 5K's on a regular basis :exercise:

VIRGINS NO MORE :no: For all of you that started here as VIRGINS and are now :encore: experienced :encore:

VIRGINS ~Self explanatory :flow1:

BALL and CHAIN ~ Grab that significant other and get them moving :kickbutt:

TREADMILL ~ Yes you can do it on a :tread:

SWIMMING ~or by water :swim:

I'D RATHER READ A BOOK ~ :book2: nothing wrong with that...but maybe it's time to :coach: MOVE IT! just a little

ME and MY MACHINE ~ or by :bike2: or :moped: or :ebike: or you can :sumo: 'rastle yer 3.1 miles if ya want...not picky here ;)

DANCE ~ :dance: dance it :dancer:

I WANT MY MOMMY or FAMILY PLANNING ~ Take the kids :bb:

GRAB the NEIGHBORS ~ :grouphug:

INSTALLMENT ~ Take a few days to finish it if you need to :dust:

ME and MY SHADOW ~ Got a dog? or a cat? how 'bout a pet :ink:

CAN'T AFFORD GAS NO MORE! ~ Time to look for an alternative to your transportation needs? :running:

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ~ The dates aren't good for you? :no: Well too bad! You can do it anytime, we accept ALL entries! :bubbles:

NEIGHBORS ARE TALKING ~ Are you looking so good the neighbors are :gossip: talking? well get out there and show it off! :flow2:

SHOP TIL YOU DROP ~ A few miles around the mall works for us too :cheer3:

YARD PARTY ~ Mowing the grass and weed whacking for about an hour will do! :club:

THIS IS FOR THE BIRDS ~For BIG and little BIRD'S and BARBARA and CYNDIM

I LOVE A PARADE ~:joker::queen::cheer: Bring your friends ~ wear your costumes!

As you can see, we will find a way to get you in....give it a shot...we have had some amazing success stories...unfortunately many of them went :wave: BYE :wave: BYE in THE CRASH!

Time for new stories! Time to try something new! Time to get up and :coach: MOVE IT!! :coach:

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 06:55 PM
MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S SIGN-UP LIST :carrot:

#0 ~ ME! :twirly: I'm nothing w/o my TEAM!

#1 ~ :love: ANGIE :love: ~ always #1 in my :val2: HEART!

#2 ~ :bb: BABY CATCHER

#3 ~ :bb: BABY CATCHER'S DH

#4 ~ VALPAL :dance:

#5 ~ ISABELLA the woodland fairy :belly:

#6 ~ SCOOTER MaMa :moped:

#7 ~ GATORAMANDA EZ's :running:mate...unofficial of course ;)..."NO COMMENT"

#8 ~ :love:FIBER:love:

#9 ~ BIG BIRD:cheer3:

#10 ~ little bird:cheer2:

#11 ~ WEARINGYOUR:bb:

#12 ~ FB :bike2:

#13 ~ FRIEDGREEN :)

#14 & #15 ~ TAMARA & BFF :callme:

#16 ~ CCMOMof5 TRISH :angel:

#17 ~ JESSICA :swim:

#18 ~ 9-PAW DIANA :goodluck:

#19 ~ Colorado KAREN :hug:

#20 ~ DH of 21 ;)

#21 ~ MANICK....so legal!...:cheers:

#22 ~ SOTYPICAL :running:

#23 - #26 ~ KELLEE & KIDS :celebrate:

#27 & #28 ~ SWEETJAMIEBLUEEYES & DH :high:

#29 ~ MJ5 :)

#30 ~ mrsaugie :flow1:

#31 ~ GATORGAL & GATORMUTT :encore:

#32 ~ CheRee :woohoo:

#33 ~ PUCK :jig:

#34 ~ CyndiM :sunny:

#35 ~ MINDY :cb:

#36 ~ WASHINGTON JENI :yes:

#37 ~ BRANDNEWME :woohoo:

#38 ~ MUGSY-MINDY :trampo:

# 39 ~ JENGUIN :luck2you:

#40 ~ WARD:ink:

#41 ~ Z-GIRL :yes:

#42 - #46 ~ JULIAHOOD FAMILY :grouphug:

#47 ~ HOMESCHOOLED GIRL :book2:

# 48 ~ :crazy:NETTE :joker:

#49 ~ WESA :broc:

#50 ~AndLY :exercise:

#51 ~ NEWTOTHIS2 :cp:

#52 ~ X2BETH :flow2:

#53 ~ SMURF :bravo:

#54 ~ LYNSEY :bunny2:

#55 ~ BREWCREW :cheers:

#56 ~ ENYGIRL :cheer:

#57 ~ FUTUREBRIDEJEN and her dog DAX :woohoo:

#58 ~ PINTOBEAN :eating2:

#59 ~ :cool: COOL KID HEATHER :cool:

#60 ~ ONTHETEE :running::bb::running:

#61 ~ SHAY :trampo:

#62 ~ MELISSA the HUN :love:

#63 ~ IRISHKATT :irish:

#64 ~ smallerthanatractortire VIXJEAN and her...to be cont. :val2:

#65 ~ :val2: BOYFRIEND...he better do it!

#66 ~ TAKIN' THE GGGIRLS OUT FOR A :running:

#67 ~ CAT :snail:

#68 ~ AMANDA X:love:X:love:

#69 ~ BLUEtoBLUE...it's your birthyear...:woops:

#70 ~ ZINKEMOMX2 :wave:

#71 ~ BACK IN THE 5K SADDLE :moo: TERRI

#72 ~ TOFU and the KID :dracula:

#73 ~ CASS:angel:IDY

#74 ~ LILIGURL :running:

#75 ~ I:mag:FINDHOPE :bike2:

#76 & 77 ~good for 12 ALTARI & HER :love: DH :love:

#78 ~ LILIGURL'S GUY :bike:

#79 ~ :cool: WYNDY :moo:N :cool:

#80 ~ :sklol: SKULLARIX :irish:

#81 ~ BORNfauxtiniWILD :yikes:

#82 ~ WRITERMOM46 :book2:

#83 ~ :angel:FAVORITE-NIECE KATERINA :angel:

#84 ~

#85 ~ :cheer3:1/2 of our "old" DOGPAL ANNIE :cheer2:

#86 ~

#87 ~ ROCKSTAR87 :dancer:

#88 ~

#89 ~

#90 ~

#91 ~

#92 ~

#93 ~ DIVA :belly:

#94 ~ AMY & The New Kid :bb:

#95 - #98 ~ JENNT and FAMILY :grouphug:

#99 ~ :beach:BLUESURFGIRL:beach:

#100 ~:beach:BEACHPOTATO:beach:

That FOLKS, is our TOP 100 :dancer:....once the gaps are filled in ;)

#101 ~ :love: LOVNMOM :love: :running: 101

just keep swimming
07-06-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm in! Could I be #17 please? :D

Manick
07-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Oh well, you KNOW I'm IN! I would love to be #21 again (So...legal :cool:) since I will be turning 20 years past legal just a few days after this most highly vaunted event!!! Dare I say it? I will attempt to jog 1/2 of it this time around...on a serious, timed course. Seems fitting for my last 40-yr old hurrah! I NEVER would have thought I'd be doing this back in January while in "sittin' on my duff too much land" THANKS EZ!!! You've been an inspiration and helpful duff-kicker :hug:

CyndiM
07-06-2008, 08:21 PM
34 is etched on my brain (or on my calendar anyway!) so would like that again. if possible. I'm going to aim for 5K on foot each day and at least one 10K on the bike. It will be Old Home Days here but I'm sure I'll be able to fit this in!

ZedAus
07-06-2008, 08:43 PM
I'm in again. I actually really liked being #41, as that was the age I turned my life around. But I honestly don't mind what number I get, as I don't want it to be too difficult for you.

Thanks again Gary for organising these. I often walk 5km on the treadmill or outside, but it was great this last weekend to actually push myself a little on one or two days, when I would have preferred to do a little less.

midwife
07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm in. :) And DH too. He loves being part of the 3FC 5K's. Even when he forgets that is what we are doing. :lol:

valpal23
07-06-2008, 09:30 PM
heh.. I'm in!! and can I be #4 again pleeeease :D (I did my last 5k after 9 pm so the idea for this is perfect. thanks EZ!)

Clydegirl
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Sign us up again.

Big Bird and Little Bird.

Karen31
07-06-2008, 09:31 PM
YAY GARY!!!! Count me in again! I really only got one in this time since getting back from vacation but I plan on getting more than one this time!! Any number is fine with me, as long as I get one! Thanks again!

Tomato
07-06-2008, 09:43 PM
this Will Be Reserved For Sign-ups To Come Later!

if You Want A Favorite Number Post It For Me!

#13 reserved for FRIEDGREEN

#1 for my favorite girl...my wife!

Thanks Gary, I am in.

fiberlover
07-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I am so in again! SEMI-ELITE

:woohoo:

CountingDown
07-06-2008, 09:58 PM
My #6 bib is in the wash, but I will iron it and have it ready :D
Count me in again for another 5k :D

retiredone
07-06-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm doing this, you bet. Any number is fine with me. Maybe I can do so many 3FC 5ks that I'll sport every number by the time I retire my sneakers. :lol: So what I'd like to know is what do I wear? Something Shakespeareian perhaps or maybe a woodland fairy costume? We'll just have to think on this one. I'll be entering the semi-elite walking category.

BlueToBlue
07-06-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm in! I wish I could be in the birdwatcher category but sadly this one is gonna have to be on the treadmill again. Any number is fine with me.

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks GALS...I will get your numbers posted in a day or two...keep 'em coming!

FB
07-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Oooh, I almost always exercise at night, being a redhead who burns like crazy in the sun. I'm in again!

Since I love a challenge, I'll step it up...
3 25k's solo on a bike, 1 on foot with family. It will be HOT so I'll take it easy and breezy on the bike.

Promise to bring my camera next time. I'll have a month's vacation from cameras and won't mind some personal photography then.

brandnewme
07-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Count me in! I'm looking to cut at least 5 minutes off my time this time.

crazynette826
07-07-2008, 02:05 AM
I'm in again! Since I usually do my running at midnight, (I work nights!) the theme is perfect for me!!

CyndiM
07-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm in! I wish I could be in the birdwatcher category but sadly this one is gonna have to be on the treadmill again. Any number is fine with me.

There's a BIRDWATCHER category?! Oh my. Of course it would take me hours to complete ;)

MonteCristo
07-07-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm in! Hopefully I can shave a bit more off my time this go around.

Edit: Could I have number 47?

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-07-2008, 07:47 AM
count me in...and more than likely the mutt will be accompaning me...so count her in too...consider us the semi-elite at this point (:

CCmomof5
07-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Ok, I'm still suffering from this weekend but you can count me in.

Whatever # you give me will be just fine.

Trish

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 08:48 AM
I will try and catch up tonight...if I have time...meeting my daughter after work...about an hour away...

it's FATHER TAKE YOUR DAUGHTER'S ON A WALK DAY...fun!

kelleewl
07-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I haven't posted with you ladies before, I mainly post on the 100 forum, but I would love to be included in the 5k if you don't mind. I will probably be including the kids as they are home from school and actually love to exercise with me. They are 5,8, and 9. Kellee

SunshineRunner
07-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm headed to Gator Country Today - but happy to see this post before I leave town! If possible, I'll take Lucky #7 and hope to get under my previous time of 39 minutes on the treadmill!
Thanks Gary!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Ooh, a new one! Sign me and DH up :D

(I haven't done my 4th of July one yet, that's on tonight's roster - we're a little late due to end of vacation activity this past weekend.)

ninepaw
07-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Alright, I think I'll give this a shot... Sign me up!

I'll be under the VIRGINS category... :o Haha... If possible I'd LOVE to be number 18, if it isn't already taken. It's the age I'll be next year, and I HOPE to be much lighter by then! :)

I'm thinking my first 5k will be done on the elliptical... Perhaps the bike. Either way, it's just gonna be me and my machine. =]

mrsaugie
07-07-2008, 05:01 PM
count me in. however i have not decided how i will do this one. we will see what mood strikes me later i will let everyone know. i do know that i have awedding that weekend my be i will dance it.

sotypical
07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
i like to be #22 but it doesnt matter, haha

anyway I AM IN!

mj5
07-07-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm in! Any number is fine w/ me!

Cheree
07-07-2008, 07:27 PM
CheRee signing up! :)

WAAAAHOOOOO!!!!!! Another 5K already, thank you Gary!!!! Count me in, please!!!

I want to be in the: VIRGINS NO MORE :o category.

Mrs Snark
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm in, any number is fine, surprise me. :) Can I call myself Puck for this one?

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 11:59 PM
You sure can JOSEPHINE...

I will catch up with all of you tomorrow night

Spent the evening walking with my daughter...time for bed real soon!

mtiger
07-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Here we go again. I am going to beat that time of 46.1. You watch and see. I always sign up late so a new number will be great. Surprise me. Funny, both my son and my daughter were in "A Midsummers Night Dream" at different times. I will be the stage mom for this event. A role I am very comfortable playing.

jcatron243
07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm in again!!! Aug 1-3 YAY! I guess I am in the "virgin no more" category. When I did my first 5k I walked with my kids and DH (to the ice cream shop). I think I have ran the last 3. My goal is to get my time down some more. Last one was done in 40:47 :)

MonteCristo
07-08-2008, 11:18 AM
I just realized that I'm going to be at the Homeschool Alumni Reunion Aug 1-3. I guess I'll just run the 5K when I get back.

JuliaDH
07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Count the Hood gang (5 total) in again! We love it! The plan will to be off road bike trails as we will be on our camping holiday.

smurf2110
07-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I want to do this too!
This will be my first 3FC 5K, but I am not a virgin to them, I used to race every weekend and made some good money doing it, but that was 4 years ago (not to mention 30 lbs) I run/walk a 5K 2-3 times a week, not sure if that is regular. I will be leaving the DH home with the kids as my exercise time is for ME. I will be doing this race on the open road with some of the neighbors I am sure talking about me-at least I like to think they are it makes me run further and faster if I think someone is watching...hmmm what were the other catagories?

Oh and I don't care what number you give me.

LynseyLikes2Lose
07-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I'll try! Give me any number! Thanks.

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
THANKS GALS! I will get you all in soon. I am waiting for maybe a few more that want to keep their numbers...I might wait until this week-end to do the sign-up list.

Keep 'em coming!

GARY

AndLy
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I would love to do this! I've recently started jogging 2 miles per day and I'm sure I can get up to 3.1 by August 1st! I don't care what number I am and I can be in the virgins group or the treadmill group cause that's where I'm stuck for the time being...when it's still over 100 at 9pm you kinda have to stay inside :)

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
That is why I am so glad my dad moved us from YUMA to southern California for GOOD in 1963 AndLy! Welcome...you will be at 3 miles easy by the first!

Diva
07-08-2008, 11:19 PM
EZMONEY:
SEMI-ELITE ~ For those that walk/run 5K's on a regular basis

That would be me! Count me in Please. I wouldn't dream of missing these. :)

If we get enuff in, I'd love to be #93. It's my fav number.

On The Biggest Loser RED team, we call it Wogging. :D hehe:dizzy:

Tamara
07-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Im in... Can I be #14, if it's still available?

ggmugsy
07-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Please count me in. I'm a VIRGIN in the 5k world. Not picky on the number. Just surprise me! :)

jenguin
07-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Count me in too. Any number will do.

WardHog
07-09-2008, 07:36 PM
Me too! I'll take any number. :)

Tamara
07-09-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm really excited about this challenge. I am pretty much a 5K virgin, with the exception of charity walks I did in college. This walk is going to take place during my trip to the Virgin Islands, so my BFF will come along!!!

ChopperChick355
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Well count me in (nickname around home is brewcrew) last name brewer and we race cars as a family so it fits. Otherwise Reda is just fine to. I would like to have #55 if possible but will also take whatever if someone else has had that number previously and wants it back.

Well not sure what group I would be in generally I do about 2 miles per day when walking whether it be outside or on treadmil, so I better get to walking more so that I can do this with no problem.

I do leave for vacation on Aug 1st but I will do the 3.1 miles before we leave that morning as I will need the extra before vacation anyways.

So let me make sure that I have this straight the challenge is to get 3.1 miles done within the 3 day period? I always see people talking about it so I am excited to be joining this time. Thanks for setting it up

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
OUTSTANDING!

I will get everyone on the sign up list by Saturday afternoon!

SunshineRunner
07-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Ran a 5k last night with the mindset of beating my previous time of 39 minutes - got down to 37:44...can't wait to kick butt at the next 5k!!! Hope to be below 36 minutes by then :) EZ for President!

Enygirl
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm in again! Don't care what number! I'm doing the EARLY EARLY bird special - as DD is gone this coming week and I have a chance to walk it at a nice fast pace at whatever time of the night I want! Oh to NOT have a curfew again! :yay: If I can con him into it - I'll take the BF - but he walks S-L-O-W!!! ;)

My goal - to beat my PB of 49:53 - I CAN DO IT!!! Now I have to map out the route. :)

EZMONEY
07-10-2008, 08:58 PM
Ran a 5k last night with the mindset of beating my previous time of 39 minutes - got down to 37:44...can't wait to kick butt at the next 5k!!! Hope to be below 36 minutes by then :) EZ for President!

:carrot: AWESOME AMANDA! :carrot: If I am elected YOU will be my "running" mate ;)

I'm in again! Don't care what number! I'm doing the EARLY EARLY bird special - as DD is gone this coming week and I have a chance to walk it at a nice fast pace at whatever time of the night I want! Oh to NOT have a curfew again! :yay: If I can con him into it - I'll take the BF - but he walks S-L-O-W!!! ;)

My goal - to beat my PB of 49:53 - I CAN DO IT!!! Now I have to map out the route. :)

This is E-Z ENYGIRL...one 5K with the boy...one 5K on your own for speed!...you go girl! :carrot:

bethbeth
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Count me in again! My goal is 37 minutes!!!
I can't wait!

EZMONEY
07-10-2008, 10:05 PM
You will be in BETHX2! I will do sign-ups Saturday. I bet you reach goal!

luvmyfam
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Sounds like fun! Shouldn't be too hard to add another 1.1 miles to the 2 I walk (when I remember to walk, lol).

Hmm...My first 5K, so I'm in the virgins category. Also, I'll most likely have the kids and maybe dh with me. So not sure where that lands me, category-wise.

As for a number... Maybe #95 if it's not taken? That's the year I became a "Mrs."

SunshineRunner
07-12-2008, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=EZMONEY;2264648]:carrot: AWESOME AMANDA! :carrot: If I am elected YOU will be my "running" mate ;)

Sweet! I knew there was a reason I was a PoliSci Major in college....I ran again last night - really kicking my own butt to get below 36 minutes - was 36 and some change...can't remember cause I was too busy staring at all the hot men at the gym...which always keeps me going!

newtothis2
07-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Sounds like fun! Always wanted to give one a try. I'll be in the "virgin" category, as this is my first. # 51 if possible, if not, any number will do.

Wesa
07-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I gotta start somewhere, minus-well be here. lol any numbers good

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Sounds like fun! Shouldn't be too hard to add another 1.1 miles to the 2 I walk (when I remember to walk, lol).

Hmm...My first 5K, so I'm in the virgins category. Also, I'll most likely have the kids and maybe dh with me. So not sure where that lands me, category-wise.

As for a number... Maybe #95 if it's not taken? That's the year I became a "Mrs."

Looks like that puts you in the FAMILY PLANNING category ;)

[QUOTE=EZMONEY;2264648]:carrot: AWESOME AMANDA! :carrot: If I am elected YOU will be my "running" mate ;)

Sweet! I knew there was a reason I was a PoliSci Major in college....I ran again last night - really kicking my own butt to get below 36 minutes - was 36 and some change...can't remember cause I was too busy staring at all the hot men at the gym...which always keeps me going!

Maybe those hot men looking at you IS what kept you going ;)

Sounds like fun! Always wanted to give one a try. I'll be in the "virgin" category, as this is my first. # 51 if possible, if not, any number will do.

I'll see what I can do...but keep in mind ALL our numbers are WINNERS!

I gotta start somewhere, minus-well be here. lol any numbers good

I will get you in very soon :)

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 02:59 PM
OK ANGIE is taking off to get her hair done...time to start making out the sign-up list! Be back soon.

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
THE SIGN-UP LIST IS STARTED AND ON THE SECOND POST OF THIS THREAD!

If you have any questions on where you are just let me know! I make a lot of mistakes...just ask Angie ;)

Good Luck and keep 'em coming...plenty of room left!

Diva
07-12-2008, 06:48 PM
YAY!!! Thank you for letting me be #93 Gary!
You rock!!!:D

junebug41
07-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Sign me up for Me and My Shadow! Dax and I will be ready :)

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks DIVA

You're in JEN!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-12-2008, 11:55 PM
Hurray! Now I can stop being "#?" in my signature :lol:

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks Gary for getting the list up.

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks Gary for getting the list up.

You're welcome and

:bday2:.............HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

pintobean
07-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Sign me up please...since last 5k was not good for me.

Fat Chick B Gone
07-13-2008, 09:37 AM
Okay fine this seems to be all the rage with the cool kids! And since I'm doing C25K anyway.... By August I hope to be up to 3.1miles so sign me up por favor. I'm a treadmiller for now.

onthetee
07-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Sign me up! the last two I did 5K with walking in between. Now I will be full-on 5K, baby!

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Have church this morning but I will get you all posted up this afternoon!

Karen31
07-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Hey Gary! Who is that adorable little boy in your signature? So Cute!!!

Shay
07-13-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm in again. Sign me up, please. Number doesn't matter.

Hun.e.B
07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
I wanna play! Please sign me up....Yay I get to be a virgin again! LOL!

LynseyLikes2Lose
07-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks for putting this together!

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Hurray! Now I can stop being "#?" in my signature :lol:

Oh go do a push up! ;)

Sign me up please...since last 5k was not good for me.

You are in...hope this one is better!

Okay fine this seems to be all the rage with the cool kids! And since I'm doing C25K anyway.... By August I hope to be up to 3.1miles so sign me up por favor. I'm a treadmiller for now.

You're in cool kid :cool:

Sign me up! the last two I did 5K with walking in between. Now I will be full-on 5K, baby!

Run baby run!

Hey Gary! Who is that adorable little boy in your signature? So Cute!!!

Hi Karen...it is my nephew Jet...my niece's son...he is a cutie!

I'm in again. Sign me up, please. Number doesn't matter.

You are in! ;)

I wanna play! Please sign me up....Yay I get to be a virgin again! LOL!

Yep...lucky you ;)

Thanks for putting this together!

You are very welcome LYNSEY...thank you for supporting it :hug:

Tamara
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm so excited about this! I haven't told my BFF, but hopefully she will be game for working out on vacation. We ran/power walked on the track for the first time, and it was a lot of fun.

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Awesome TAMARA...You will be ready for the race...BFF too!

irishkatt
07-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi,
Id really like to give this a try...ran..well jogged my first 5k yesterday so am really hoping to keep it up and build up to 10k in the coming months..am doing a 10k run the end of oct so this is a good mile stone for me.

Will be running...outside...but seeing as this is my first 3FC 5k I guess Im a virgin! Thanks

Mrs Snark
07-15-2008, 04:32 PM
I don't care if you did give me a sumo wrestler emoticon, I'm not running in diapers. I'm not. Really. I won't take a picture of that. Nope. Seriously. You can count on it.

vixjean
07-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm in!

suitejudyblueeyes
07-15-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey Jo, could you at least give yourself that awesome hairdo the sumo guy is sporting? I bet it would look fantastic as you breeze by everyone on your run :lol: I mean, Gary took the time to assign you a sumo emoticon, least you can do is give a little back.....

wearingyourbaby
07-15-2008, 09:57 PM
You know what? Number 11 isn't on there. Which is REALLY cool, because number 11 is my lucky number.

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi,
Id really like to give this a try...ran..well jogged my first 5k yesterday so am really hoping to keep it up and build up to 10k in the coming months..am doing a 10k run the end of oct so this is a good mile stone for me.

Will be running...outside...but seeing as this is my first 3FC 5k I guess Im a virgin! Thanks

AWESOME! You are in!

I don't care if you did give me a sumo wrestler emoticon, I'm not running in diapers. I'm not. Really. I won't take a picture of that. Nope. Seriously. You can count on it.

No problem TYLER...I took your diaper off ;)...I just thought the sumo guy was STRONG and Powerful like you have become...found something else for you.

I'm in!

And the BOY too...no bike tricks this time...I put him in to run! :)

Hey Jo, could you at least give yourself that awesome hairdo the sumo guy is sporting? I bet it would look fantastic as you breeze by everyone on your run :lol: I mean, Gary took the time to assign you a sumo emoticon, least you can do is give a little back.....

That's what I'm saying! ;)

You know what? Number 11 isn't on there. Which is REALLY cool, because number 11 is my lucky number.

It certainly is your lucky day! :carrot:

Fat Chick B Gone
07-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Brah ha ha now you have to carry weights while you run Josephine! Bet that diaper is sounding better and better ;-)

Mrs Snark
07-16-2008, 07:29 AM
All I'm saying is, give me my horkin' diaper back. Why I gotta go and open my big mouth, huh?

rockstar87
07-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Yay for more 5ks! So, I'm definitely in...I was trying to think of a goal for this time and I think what I'll do is run the entire thing without stopping instead of doing my 15:1 intervals. The jury's still out on whether I'll be on the treadmill or outside. My allergies have been so bad this year :(

vixjean
07-16-2008, 07:48 PM
HAHAHA... smallerthanatractortire, LMAO
that one took me a while to get!
I like how you added the BF, he said he's on the bike though, LOL!

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Brah ha ha now you have to carry weights while you run Josephine! Bet that diaper is sounding better and better ;-)

I gave her the diaper back and then some ;)

All I'm saying is, give me my horkin' diaper back. Why I gotta go and open my big mouth, huh?

WHAT?OK I am :?: ...first I give you the ...legs nickname and you want to change it...I can understand that...sorry but it was just the obvious choice!...then I give you the sumo guy...since you are becoming strong and tough in your journey...OK...so maybe he is a little gross with that diaper...so I give you Mr. Strongman...and you don't want to carry the weight...I get that...so I have given you a couple more to pick from...if you don't like one of these let me know...I HAVE PLENTY MORE ;)

Yay for more 5ks! So, I'm definitely in...I was trying to think of a goal for this time and I think what I'll do is run the entire thing without stopping instead of doing my 15:1 intervals. The jury's still out on whether I'll be on the treadmill or outside. My allergies have been so bad this year :(

Hope the allergies get better for the race! Try and find your number ;)

HAHAHA... smallerthanatractortire, LMAO
that one took me a while to get!
I like how you added the BF, he said he's on the bike though, LOL!

You tell that boyfriend of yours to go ahead and stay on that bike...EZ says...he's gonna need WHEELS to catch all the cute guys that are gonna be chasing you!

gggirls
07-17-2008, 10:55 PM
Hey Gary - I can't believe I almost missed it - sign me up - THANKS

I've decided this time the gggirls will accompany me - Gracie the yellow lab needs it more than Gypsy the labradoodle. Now if I can just remember the pictures.

EZMONEY
07-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey Gary - I can't believe I almost missed it - sign me up - THANKS

I've decided this time the gggirls will accompany me - Gracie the yellow lab needs it more than Gypsy the labradoodle. Now if I can just remember the pictures.

Angie always wanted a labradoodle until she got our first golden retriever. Have a great time!

Diva
07-18-2008, 09:31 PM
HA! I FINALLY got my man involved...well...sort of. He is going to fish as I Walk/run my 5k and take pics of me as I run past him. ( I am running along side the Pigeon River) LOL! What a trooper! ;)

gggirls
07-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Gary - our labradoodle is a rescue dog - my vet convinced me I shouldn't pay designer dog prices for a "mixed breed" - thus our second yellow lab. We couldn't see her shot at 8 weeks old so she truly is a Gypsy. I so understand goldens and not ever wanting anything else -thats how we are with labs. Gotta admit i don't miss the shedding though - Gypsy doesn't shed.

luvmyfam
07-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks for signing us up!

preetyladyserenity
07-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Woohoo I am going to join too! I am going to use a treadmill! Hmm don't know which should be my category. Virgin or Rather read a book.? ^.~

I would like #83 as it is my favourite number, please.

mountain mama
07-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm in. It's my first time with the 5K on here so I'm excited! I just pick my number? 81 is open. That's my birth year- I'll take it!
So let me get this straight... do I pick one of the catagories you have going in the post too??
I will either be doing with my Dog or solo witha freshly charged ipod :)
Either way, I will no doubt be in the woods hiking it on some trails ( and NOT so cleaned out paths) in the woods. Let me know what catagory you think applies. The final destination will be our family camp on a lake. Im pumped!

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 11:16 PM
HA! I FINALLY got my man involved...

Seems to go better that way ;)...so what if he smells like fish :o

Gary ..... I so understand goldens and not ever wanting anything else -thats how we are with labs. Gotta admit i don't miss the shedding though - Gypsy doesn't shed.

Oh, the labradoodle was on Angie's wish list...she just saw our first golden though as a puppy and had to have her...she would get a labradoodle in a heartbeat! Our second golden was given to us, when she was 4 months old, by a neighbor that couldn't keep her. She is just 3 weeks older. AND YES THE SHEDDING!!!!! OMGoodness!

Thanks for signing us up!

YOUR FAMILY THANKS YOU! for doing something good for them! :)

Woohoo I am going to join too! I am going to use a treadmill! Hmm don't know which should be my category. Virgin or Rather read a book.? ^.~

I would like #83 as it is my favourite number, please.

You got your number KIDDO...you can read and do the treadmill...now how cool is that! :cool:

I'm in. It's my first time with the 5K on here so I'm excited! I just pick my number? 81 is open. That's my birth year- I'll take it!
So let me get this straight... do I pick one of the catagories you have going in the post too??
I will either be doing with my Dog or solo witha freshly charged ipod :)
Either way, I will no doubt be in the woods hiking it on some trails ( and NOT so cleaned out paths) in the woods. Let me know what catagory you think applies. The final destination will be our family camp on a lake. Im pumped!

You got your number...check it out ;) We don't keep track of the categories...too much work for me...but we do like to hear the when-where- and hows of your 5K! You will post your results here after you do it. Sounds like a great way to spend the day!

Karen31
07-19-2008, 11:23 PM
Just thought that I would share this video of Ginger preparing for the Midsummer Night 5K!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5NTWxDQ_o
Sent it to Gary and he said YOUTUBE..... so I figured it out. I hope it puts a smile on your face 'cause it sure made me laugh!!

Have a great evening!!

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 11:57 PM
:rofl::lol3::rofl:

Manick
07-20-2008, 02:52 AM
That is HILARIOUS! and amazing:D:dizzy::D

suitejudyblueeyes
07-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Hahahaha!! Your puppy's gonna have abs of steel! :D

mountain mama
07-20-2008, 01:19 PM
If i put my dog on one of those things she was break it.. hahaha she's a german shepard/golden retriever mix.. but she thinks she's a tiny little lap dog. she loves jumping on people's laps.. bad idea for a big dog!

cakses
07-20-2008, 03:55 PM
ok sign me up! it'll be slow but i'll do it!

amandaxoxo
07-20-2008, 04:10 PM
I'd like to be in....the Virgin Category, ahahah. =] I plan on taking a walk through the town with the hills if the weather cooperates, but if not, it'll be on a treadmill at the gym.

vixjean
07-20-2008, 07:26 PM
HA! I FINALLY got my man involved...well...sort of. He is going to fish as I Walk/run my 5k and take pics of me as I run past him. ( I am running along side the Pigeon River) LOL! What a trooper! ;)

:rofl:

Now, THAT is FUNNY! My boyfriend is laughing - he's pissed now because he wants to join your man!

zinkemomx2
07-20-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm in again. Don't care which number and more than likely will be on the treadmill at the gym.

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 10:17 PM
Thanks everyone ~ I will get you all posted with numbers tomorrow!

mountain mama
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Im in the process of gathering a whole bunch of family and friends to come along.. I wonder how many I can get! I want a whole parade to come with me! hehe

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 01:15 PM

Now, THAT is FUNNY! My boyfriend is laughing - he's pissed now because he wants to join your man!

I say shove 'em both in the lake for not walking with you! :D

Im in the process of gathering a whole bunch of family and friends to come along.. I wonder how many I can get! I want a whole parade to come with me! hehe

I sarted a new category...I LOVE A PARADE!

YOU ARE ALL IN! NUMBERS ARE POSTED ~ THANKS :)

mountain mama
07-21-2008, 01:31 PM

I sarted a new category...I LOVE A PARADE!

YOU ARE ALL IN! NUMBERS ARE POSTED ~ THANKS :)

haha! too funny, EZ!

Terri in MO
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Crap! I've missed two 5K's?? I did the first and somehow have not been paying attention. Sign me up for this one. I'll be doing it on the treadmill.

Thanks, Gary!

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Crap! I've missed two 5K's?? I did the first and somehow have not been paying attention. Sign me up for this one. I'll be doing it on the treadmill.

Thanks, Gary!

I wondered where you were TERRI I will add you now.

tofuhead
07-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Count me and the kid in - we'll be riding bikes (might even toss the cats into the bike trailer....umm....okay...no)

liligurl
07-22-2008, 05:03 AM
Can I get in on this, I run 3.1 miles every other day... If possible is #74 and #78 open, I'd like those #'s please. Hubby will be biking along side me, just like we do everyday.
Aug 1-3, no problem...I think I fall under SEMI-ELITE...
I run a couple 5K's every month
I am in training to run the Tuft's 10K on Columbus Day '08.

Diva
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Just thought that I would share this video of Ginger preparing for the Midsummer Night 5K!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M5NTWxDQ_o
Sent it to Gary and he said YOUTUBE..... so I figured it out. I hope it puts a smile on your face 'cause it sure made me laugh!!

Have a great evening!!

OMG! That is too cute & funny! :lol:

Well y'all come on down! We can do our 5k together and they can fish and after we are done, we can shove them both in the river! LOL!

THAT is my evil plan. :devil:

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi DIVA

TOFU and liligurl...you are posted in sign-ups! thanks

beachpotato
07-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Can you put me as #100?
I'm a virgin. :o.
Or what about the can'tmakeuphermind category?
I don't know if I will be running or walking.

cassangelidy
07-23-2008, 03:37 PM
Could I join in as well? I just started running again so I guess that puts me in the virgin catagory!! Thanks!

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Can you put me as #100?
I'm a virgin. :o.
Or what about the can'tmakeuphermind category?
I don't know if I will be running or walking.

You got it!

Could I join in as well? I just started running again so I guess that puts me in the virgin catagory!! Thanks!

You are #73 :)

ifindhope
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
how'd i almost miss this. i want a to join please. i don't care what number. i'm a virgin to this so i guess i'd be in the virgins category. i'll prob either bike it or walk i haven't decided yet. the puppy will be one year old on the first so maybe i'll take him for a 5k walk! haha.

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 10:35 PM
You are in TARAH at #75...thanks!

Enygirl
07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
EZ - when are you going to post the results page? I'm in the early - early bird category and I'll be doing mine tonight while DD is still camping with her Grandparents. :D

BTW - i think i'm prepared for this one - I walked 5 miles last night and didn't feel like I was dying - even in the 80+ degree heat! :cheer:

dogpal
07-24-2008, 12:38 PM
Hi Gary,

I'd love to be #85 if possible. That is the year I got married to my darling Hubby. This will be my 3rd time joining you guys. I am so thrilled to be able to move my body in anyway. This time last year it was a chore for me to walk about the house. I changed my life on April 16th 2007 weighing 510 pounds. I have lost over 1/2 of me by the grace and strength of God! When you post, I will be using my machine to accomplish a 5K at least one of the days and I will be using my Feet to accomplish the 5K another day.

Blessings all,
Annie

ifindhope
07-24-2008, 04:06 PM
dogpal - i just want to say it is absolutely AMAZING how much weight you have lost! what an inspiration!

EZMONEY
07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
You are in at #85 ANNIE...and ditto to what TARAH said!

WOW! I am so happy for you!! HE is good isn't HE!

dogpal
07-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Thanks Tarah and Gary. Yes, I can't exclaim the goodness of our God enough!

Blessings,
Annie

Altari
07-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm in! Maybe I can talk hubby into taking our super long walk next weekend, if the weather stays cool. We still have a 12 mile hike planned!

Any open number is good for me...

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 05:44 PM
EZ - when are you going to post the results page?

ENYGIRL we will post all results here!

It got too complicated with an information page, sign-up page and a results page. So we will post EVERYTHING in this thread!

I hope you had a great run! :)

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
ALTARI you and your DH are in at #76-77

wyndymoon
07-25-2008, 06:04 PM
wow, I didn't know you guys did this! Please sign me up if it's not to late! Any number is fine with me. Thanks.

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
WYNDY you are in at #79...have fun!

Enygirl
07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
EZ - thanks for the info! Well I did it 5K walk! :running: it was GREAT!

Time: 49:27. not my best, but I'll take it with the 80 degree heat! :sunny:

bluesurfgirl
07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
i would like to join the 5k event too. could i be number 99?

i am just getting back into this, so whichever category that puts me in.

so do we just do the 5k and then respond to the thread with a time that we took to complete it? and is it just any one of those days? is that right?

ok, thanks! :)

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 07:29 PM
EZ - thanks for the info! Well I did it 5K walk! :running: it was GREAT!

Time: 49:27. not my best, but I'll take it with the 80 degree heat! :sunny:

:carrot::carrot: AWESOME ENYGIRL! :carrot::carrot: Our first one in....congratulations! I'm just glad you made it in that heat! :hug:

i would like to join the 5k event too. could i be number 99?

i am just getting back into this, so whichever category that puts me in.

so do we just do the 5k and then respond to the thread with a time that we took to complete it? and is it just any one of those days? is that right?

ok, thanks! :)

I have you in at #99 ~ I was going to give you "Agent 99" but it looks like you will be CARPOOLING with BEACHPOTATO! yes, just post your time here...you can do the race when you have time...most will do it over those 3 days but some...see above...are doing it already...NO RULES!...just have fun! and enjoy it!

Skullarix
07-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Can I play too? I guess I'm a 3FC 5k virgin!

lovnmom
07-26-2008, 12:04 AM
Oo, oo, oo, I want to be in "The Neighbors are Talking" group!!!

Thanks again Gary!!!

I'm thinking that makes me 101?!?!?! Maybe I should start a new class "Walking 101" Silly me

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Can I play too? I guess I'm a 3FC 5k virgin!

You can play and I have at #80! Good luck and welcome!

Oo, oo, oo, I want to be in "The Neighbors are Talking" group!!!

Thanks again Gary!!!

I'm thinking that makes me 101?!?!?! Maybe I should start a new class "Walking 101" Silly me

101 it is SUPER-K! With all your miles I think you have "walked" HWY 101!

mountain mama
07-26-2008, 10:17 AM
SO last night I was sitting around the cottage and suddenlt got into a panic! I thought that THIS saturday was August first! So i get on teh phone and call my mom to ask her if shes still in for the 5k 'tomorrow' and she just says.. Abby.. that's not for another week. WHOOPS! I'm all ahead of myself.. I think that calls for a five k today anyway! :)

Writermom46
07-26-2008, 10:31 AM
I wanna do it too! I'll be doing the 5K with my dog. So I guess I fit in there. He'll be exhausted when we are done but I use more calories dragging him around than when he is dragging me.

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 11:50 AM
SO last night I was sitting around the cottage and suddenlt got into a panic! I thought that THIS saturday was August first! So i get on teh phone and call my mom to ask her if shes still in for the 5k 'tomorrow' and she just says.. Abby.. that's not for another week. WHOOPS! I'm all ahead of myself.. I think that calls for a five k today anyway! :)

COOL! Glad you were thinking about it! :)

I wanna do it too! I'll be doing the 5K with my dog. So I guess I fit in there. He'll be exhausted when we are done but I use more calories dragging him around than when he is dragging me.

You are in at #82...poor puppy...;)

mountain mama
07-26-2008, 02:52 PM
I did my 1st practise 5k today. It was so hot out! What a good workout though! I didn't time myself this time, but I will the next time :)

Altari
07-26-2008, 09:03 PM
We did a practice...5 m? It was me, hubby, oldest daughter walking and taking turns pulling our younger two daughters in a wagon. It took us just under 2 hours of walking to complete 5 miles - so, roughly, 1 hour and 15 minutes for the "5 k". I have an inkling it would have gone a bit quicker if it weren't for dragging around the little ones (can I claim a handicap?) :P.

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
We did a practice...5 m? It was me, hubby, oldest daughter walking and taking turns pulling our younger two daughters in a wagon. It took us just under 2 hours of walking to complete 5 miles - so, roughly, 1 hour and 15 minutes for the "5 k". I have an inkling it would have gone a bit quicker if it weren't for dragging around the little ones (can I claim a handicap?) :P.

:carrot:AWESOME! :carrot:

If NO bandaids were involved then you may use the kids as a handicap ;)

retiredone
07-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Bump!

:exercise::tread::woops::running:

Manick
07-28-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok, I'm getting excited for this one! I managed to jog a mile in 13 minutes last week and today I got my birthday present to myself (a few weeks early) so I can wear them in the 3fc Midsummer Night's 5k! I will try to take a picture of my feet in action. I've been wearing them around my office all afternoon to the delight of my feet :D I realize I've been "making do" with my old shoes for far too long...these are wonderful!! :angel:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UvGKqy4sL._SS400_.jpg

Looking forward to reading about everyone's 5K day(s)!:cool:

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the bump ISABELLA!

MANICK I just got a new pair of Asics this week-end. I usually wear New Balance but I liked the way these looked and they felt good...plus I got them at Kohl's on sale. Yours look REAL FAST!!!

Manick
07-29-2008, 12:17 AM
MANICK I just got a new pair of Asics this week-end. I usually wear New Balance but I liked the way these looked and they felt good...plus I got them at Kohl's on sale.

Oooh, Gotta love a sale! :carrot:

Yours look REAL FAST!!!

We shall see....:D

:running:

amyx33
07-29-2008, 10:30 AM
hey can i join in this?

I would love to be number 94# if not taken.

I will either do the bike or Treadmill.
I dont know yet. Hmmmm

EZMONEY
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I'll put you in at #94 AMY...good to see you here!

amyx33
07-29-2008, 02:38 PM
hey great thanks!!

EZMONEY
07-31-2008, 06:18 PM
BUMP ~

Starts tomorrow gals! Good luck!

mountain mama
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Im pumped! I'm getting up at 8am.. swimming for an hour and walking (I dont know how far it is) from the pool to my house. I think it's at least 5k. Im PUMPED!!!!! *flexes muscles and grunts* hahah

Good luck everyone!!

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 10:57 AM
MIDWIFE HAS POSTED A RESULTS THREAD SO LET'S TAKE OUR RESULTS THERE

STOP POSTING HERE AND GO HERE ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147921