Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #1  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Smile At Home Support Group.....7/6 - 7/12

Morning Ladies! Wishing you lots of success going into the new week! We have the picnics behind us for awhile and can move forward.

ceejay - I'm a huge Smart Ones fan!!!! I love them all. They work perfect for me for lunch! Also: Welcome aboard! It's nice to have you!

Well girls, unfortunately I have to go into work today. Inventory is calling me! Urgh!

Stay OP, drink your water and shake your booty's!

Have a great day!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #2  
jeanne

Oh...............and jen.................DOUGHNUTS.............oh my gosh!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:46 AM   #3  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Morning girls! This is going to be a great week, right? :-) Tomorrow is my first WI and I am nervous. I did well all week, could have been better. My weight has been up and down all week (I know, I shouldn't weigh everyday, but I can't help myself!). I typically only work our on weekdays, never weekends, but I can't help myself today, I want to get rid of whatever I can! My inlaws are coming over for a BBQ today. Luckily it is at my house, so I am controling the menu. I'll check in toromorrow morning with my WI results!
Jenny
Jenskihere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:54 PM   #4  
jeanne

Jenny - Good luck tomorrow with your first WI! Let us know! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

~jeanne
Old 07-06-2008, 08:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Good luck at the weigh-in Jen!

I lost a pound this week, but I had a big cookout at my house today and, while I didn't do terribly, I probably gained it back! I may have dipped into a few flex points that I didn't really have left, like maybe 5, so, not terrible, but not truly on plan.

Back to work tomorrow - - have a good week everyone!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #6  
Finding success on beach

Default My first WI....

So even with the 4th of July and BBQs, and diet coke and maibus on the deck I managed to lose 2.8 lbs! I am happy, and surprised!
Having my WI in Monday mornings wasn't a good move on my part! Makes th weekend very tricky!

Jenny
Old 07-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #7  
One day at a time....

S/C/G: 142/142/130

Height: 5'3''

Smile Morning all..

Glad to see everyone is doing well.

I'm still working on those few pesky pounds! OMGoodness my husband made a briskett for the 4th and I have absolutely eaten the heck out of it (I'm sure that's not good). I have my WI on Thursday, but probably won't post as I'm having some minor hand surgery that day. I'm going to be starving!!!

As for what I eat for lunch, I either eat a Lean Cuisine or a Smart One. I enjoy the ability to change what I'm having each day. I also buy them on sale and buy a variety so that way I can choose depending on my mood. I also keep healthy snacks at work in case I "need" something.

Hope this helps, I'll check in later this week.

Take one day at a time.
BrianaSalvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 AM   #8  
jeanne

Jenny - Woohooo and congrats on that 2.8#! Thats awesome!

mom2 - Yay on that pound!!! Every pound counts!

Brianna - Good Luck with that minor hand surgery Thursday! We'll be thinking of you!

Nothing new to report here! I'm at work......doing inventory on the 2nd store this week! This is my biggie though - it'll take a couple of days! I'll finish with the mall kiosk hopefully Thursday or Friday. My father in law is having back surgery tom. morning and my daughter graduates from Beauty School tom. afternoon! So, it should be a busy hectic day! I've been pretty OP. I did have chinese for dinner last night and I did have ice cream! urgh! But................
Well you ladies have a great day!
~jeanne
Old 07-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 331/317.2/150

Height: 5'8"

Sorry I was MIA so long. I've had some stressful times lately, financial stuff and the whole WW kept getting pushed aside.

I rejoined WW officially the other night and chose to do the online plan. Yesterday was crazy over but today is going well. I had a 4 pt breakfast granola bar and gogurt. For lunch I'm bringing another granola bar and a applesauce. My job makes it hard to bring lunch because I have no fridge and hot cars do not keep lunches well. But I'm stuck with this part time job until something better and full time comes along.

I'm still down about 9 lbs from Jan so that is good but did gain and lose the same 5-8 lbs for awhile now.
LessOfLissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back Lissa, I think that a lot of us were MIA for a bit. I've also had some very stressful times lately and I know how hard it makes it to concentrate on weight loss, so welcome back and here's looking forward!

Good weigh-in Jenny! That's awesome!

Good luck at your weigh in and with your surgery Briana!

I was supposed to get back on the wagon yesterday, but instead I fell further off! I had a really bad day and ate brownies to feel better. That doesn't work, I know this, but I do it anyway and I don't know why. It's not like I have one and oops, it's 4 points over for the day. I ate half a pan of them. I don't know why I get so depressed sometimes. I was talking about it with a friend last night and I said "I've worked so hard to get where I am because I wanted a better life and here I sit with the same life and nothing has really changed". I though a lot about how I think that I thought that if I lost weight my whole life would be better. Now that I'm seeing that it's not, it is a lot harder to put the effort into it. I just want to be happy and I thought that losing the weight would do it. I'm over half-way there and I think that sometimes I am more unhappy than I have ever been. So, the question I pose to you you chicks is this: What makes you happy?

Thanks for letting me vent!
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #11  
Finding success on beach

Aw Mom2... I want to give you a big hug! First of all, let me repeat how awesome you look! You have come such a long way! Losing 83 lbs IS NOT AN EASY THING TO DO!!! Think of how much healthier you are then you were 83 lbs ago! Way to go on your awesome weight loss!! As far as the brownies... it happens, I know because I am an emotional eater myself. Just start fresh today. Yo must be doing something right to keep losing.
I have been thinking a lot lately about what makes me happy too, thinking I am not as happy as I wish I was, or thought I would be at this point in my life. But I seem to be enjoying the smaller things in life lately. Spending time with my kids, enjoying quiet moments with them that I hope they will remember later. Taking time for myself reading a book, going to the gym, taking a walk, etc (while letting the laundry pile up!!). Today on my way to the gym I saw a rainbow... and I don't know why, but it made me smile and gave me something beautiful to start the day off with. So, imagine that I am sending you some of that bottled rainbow right now, something that might make you smile and get you thru today!! HUGS!
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM   #12  
jeanne

Hello, hello, hello! I'm just buzzing around trying to get some things done around the house and thought I'd see what you ladies were up too!

mom2 - I'm loving that new avatar! You are so darn cute!!! You are always smiling! I hear ya about getting back on the wagon.......I'm on and off and sometimes I feel like that wagon runs me over! I do that with brownies or cupcakes, or cookies, or doughnuts too!!! I am an emotional eater big time!
***hmmmm, makes me happy? Well, lots and lots of things BUT..........the problem is..................It only lasts until I remember what is making me unhappy!!! And ya know, many of us have some really BIG & PAINFUL pasts! So that unhappy taunts me a lot! My DH doesn't understand why I can't get past it. Well, ya know why, because he had a "wonderful" childhood.
Anyways..............enough rambling!!!! Sorry!

jenny - cute little story about the
rainbow! Keep up that postive spirit!

Lissa - so nice to have you back!!!

Talk to you soon!
~jeanne
Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #13  
Finding success on beach

Can I tell you how hooked I am on this site? I have never encountered so many wonderful, inspirational people before in one place! Everywhere you turn, you find someone who has done great things with their body! Dieting is hard for me, and I am hoping that when I feel weak and in the moment and tempation is knocking at my door, that I will remember the posts and the before and after pictures I have seen in the last 2 weeks and that will get me thru! Love this site!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:15 AM   #14  

Thanks for the welcome back.

Monday was WOW day. I went over then was still hungry and snacked on Doritos and my dd's fruit snacks. I'm in the week before TOM and that doesn't help matters.

I went to Walmart tonight and picked up some Slim fast bars the optima ones that help cut hunger for 4 hours. I always feel full off them. So they can make great lunches when I'm working in the afternoon. The rest of this week though I'll be home by noon and can eat lunch here.

Today I was under but did eat Zoe's(dds) donut half she didn't finish. She really wanted the chocolate one but decided she didn't like it and wanted watermelon instead. I'm telling you I have the ODDEST child that eats her veggies first. I trained her well. She'd rather have a plate of broccoli over most things.

Last edited by LessOfLissa; 07-09-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:26 AM   #15  

Dang my bars were "snack" bars so they aren't that big. I could eat 2 if needed but that makes 6 points lunch. Not too bad though. While my weight is up I'll get more points to eat.