Exercise! - Exercise DVD recommendations?

View Full Version : Exercise DVD recommendations?

jellydisney
07-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Long story short, next month I'm moving out of my apartment which has a gym into a condo which doesn't have a gym -- Since I can't afford a treadmill or elliptical just yet, I thought I'd buy some exercise DVDs to work out at home.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that's medium to high intensity, and doesn't require much equipment (all I have is a step and some free weights). All suggestions welcome, thanks!

cheeseheader
07-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Have you tried Turbo Jam? I swear by them and they are so much fun. it's a kickboxing workout and the music is awesome and it is a great workout. You can get more info at beachbody.com

mescelestus
07-05-2008, 05:25 PM
i use the rockin' body work out dvd's they vary in intensity, and you can always take the speed up if you want. the set is only $60 and it comes with a suggested work out schedule, and a healthy eating guide.

Apple Cheeks
07-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Check out collage video.

They have hundreds of videos/DVD's to choose from, and make mention of intensity levels (Beginner, Moderate, and Advanced). They also will tell you if you might need special equipment for a particular video, like handweights, a step-bench, or whatever.

It's easy to find something in a category you want (like "toning," "dance," or "cross-training). Staffers and customers review all of them, and there are snippets of the work-outs you can view online, so you can get an idea of what they are like prior to buying.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx

MissNewBooty
07-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Truthfully...Turbo Jam is one of my favorites. I also like to do pilates and Crunch Fitness makes a pretty good Pilates video. You can find the Crunch ones at Wal-mart, maybe even Target.

yoyomadness
07-06-2008, 12:08 AM
If you need a reason to rationalize spending money on cable with DVR, the DVR box gives access to a bunch of workout programs.

cheeseheader
07-06-2008, 08:32 AM
If you need a reason to rationalize spending money on cable with DVR, the DVR box gives access to a bunch of workout programs.

where do you find that feature on the DVR? is it included with Dish or just cable?

jellydisney
07-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for all the recommendations! I've heard of Turbo Jam, I'll have to check that out. I went to Collagevideo.com, and that is a great site for finding what I'm looking for. I'm excited to start -- it'll be a nice change from the elliptical.