Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Default Exercise DVD recommendations?

Long story short, next month I'm moving out of my apartment which has a gym into a condo which doesn't have a gym -- Since I can't afford a treadmill or elliptical just yet, I thought I'd buy some exercise DVDs to work out at home.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for something that's medium to high intensity, and doesn't require much equipment (all I have is a step and some free weights). All suggestions welcome, thanks!
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Have you tried Turbo Jam? I swear by them and they are so much fun. it's a kickboxing workout and the music is awesome and it is a great workout. You can get more info at beachbody.com
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #3  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

i use the rockin' body work out dvd's they vary in intensity, and you can always take the speed up if you want. the set is only $60 and it comes with a suggested work out schedule, and a healthy eating guide.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #4  
Future Glamazon

S/C/G: 254/198/170

Height: 6'2"

Check out collage video.

They have hundreds of videos/DVD's to choose from, and make mention of intensity levels (Beginner, Moderate, and Advanced). They also will tell you if you might need special equipment for a particular video, like handweights, a step-bench, or whatever.

It's easy to find something in a category you want (like "toning," "dance," or "cross-training). Staffers and customers review all of them, and there are snippets of the work-outs you can view online, so you can get an idea of what they are like prior to buying.

Here's a link to the site:

http://www.collagevideo.com/main.aspx
Apple Cheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #5  

Truthfully...Turbo Jam is one of my favorites. I also like to do pilates and Crunch Fitness makes a pretty good Pilates video. You can find the Crunch ones at Wal-mart, maybe even Target.
MissNewBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 179/168/130

Height: 5'3"

If you need a reason to rationalize spending money on cable with DVR, the DVR box gives access to a bunch of workout programs.
yoyomadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyomadness View Post
If you need a reason to rationalize spending money on cable with DVR, the DVR box gives access to a bunch of workout programs.
where do you find that feature on the DVR? is it included with Dish or just cable?
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:15 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/118/118

Height: 5'2

Thanks for all the recommendations! I've heard of Turbo Jam, I'll have to check that out. I went to Collagevideo.com, and that is a great site for finding what I'm looking for. I'm excited to start -- it'll be a nice change from the elliptical.
jellydisney is offline   Reply With Quote