LA Weight Loss - Do you take vitamins to aid in your weightloss?
07-05-2008, 11:42 AM
I was just wondering what vitamins I should be taking to help my metabolism and aid in my weightloss. I have taken a mulit-vitamin and don't really notice much help. I started taking the B-Complex vitamin a couple days ago. Do you have any suggestions on what vitamins I should take and how much to take?
07-05-2008, 11:51 AM
I really don't think vitamins are going to help with weight loss. Granted, I haven't really experimented with them, but it's not something I've heard. I'm guessing that if a vitamin did aid in weight loss, it wouldn't help enough that you'd notice, what with all the other complex factors that go into it.
07-05-2008, 12:34 PM
I agree with Impala . . . I do take a one-a-day type of vitamin just to ensure that I'm getting all the micronutrients they contain, but not because I think they will actually aid with the weight loss process.
07-05-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm with meowee on this. I take them to cover my bases. And I take lecithin for my fingernails and to reduce the cholestrol in my blood.
Some vitamins can be toxic at mega dose levels. Some of them just get excreted in your urine, but some of the fat soluble vitamins can build up in your body.
I don't currently take vitamins, but from what I've read just focus on one that gives close to 100% of the RDA (like Centrum).
07-05-2008, 08:27 PM
B6 and B12 will help in cellular respiration and other metabolic functions, taking 100mg of each twice a day wont hurt you, excess will be urinated out.
07-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I do not take vitamins to aid weight loss. I do take them for other reasons.
1. Multivitamin (if you are on Atkins or another low carb plan you will probably want something without iron. For WW or other plans I'd recommend the added iron ones). Make sure you read labels.
2. B-complex for cellular respiration and metabolic functions, as GoNads pointed out.
3. Vitamin E for cardio health
4. Vitamin C because I'm a smoker and being low carb I've limited the citrus.
5. Milkthistle for a month for liver health (I've also removed all alchohol for this month)
6. Green tea extract for enhancing metabolism (sounds gimicky but I seem to have more energy when I take this than when I do without)
I work out 7 days a week, drink around 80 oz. of water every day and eat natural foods high in protein and/or fiber...I figure that has way more to do with my weight loss than any pill. :)
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO