Fitness Videos - Walk Away the Pounds/Leslie Sansone - July Talk (All Walkers Welcome!)

cathyxxx
07-04-2008, 05:45 PM
hey gang :wave:
and happy 4th of july

I'm gonna go ahead and start up the July walking thread. where did all the walkers go?

July 1 - 2 miles; used 4 mile super challenge
July 2 - 3 miles; used 5 mile dvd
July 3 - nothing
July 4 - 4 miles; used 4 really big miles

Hope everybody is having a great day!
hug,
Cathy

theresia
07-04-2008, 05:48 PM
Hi, I'm new with WATP, I only have one video, 4 mile something..
I've done it 2 times now.. Like it a lot.. I do a lot of other exercise, but it's nice to do when I want to do something a little more softer :)
1 - 4 mile
2 - 4 mile
3 - none
4 -

princesspeach
07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
i've not walked in july.. but will start sunday!

woot!! LESLIE!!

Michele L
07-07-2008, 05:33 PM
Well, I haven't walked with Leslie as much as usual, but I HAVE been walking!

July 1: 1 mile Express
July 2: 2 miles outside
July 3: 1.5 miles outside
July 4: 1.5 miles outside
July 5: 1.5 miles outside
July 6: .75 mile outside
July 7: Walk & Kick (2 miles)

I've been taking walks outside in the evening, especially if I don't have my 10000 steps in yet.

Have a great week!

Michele :wave:

cathyxxx
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
wow michele - when I first glanced at your post I thought it said that you walked 75 miles. I was about to pass out :p

I have a cold and all I want to do is sleep so I did not get up yesterday or this morning to walk. Of course, then I felt like a hag all day about it, so when I got home I warmed up left overs for the guys and did 3 miles. Used the new 3 Fast Miles and now I feel better :carrot:

hope everybody is having a great :running: day!
hugs,
Cathy

princesspeach
07-08-2008, 08:29 PM
feel better cathy :)
i started to do 1 brisk mile (express) but my shin hurt - so i had to stop but tomorrow i'm gonna try 2 brisk miles and then a strength dvd.

Michele L
07-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Don't worry, Cathy--I will NEVER be able to do 75 miles! But it gave me a chuckle to think about it!

This afternoon I did the newer 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk with 3 pound weights. Then, this evening, I hopped on the treadmill with my mp3 player and did another 40 minutes, which was 2.22 miles. I'm doing well this month! FINALLY!

Hope you're both feeling better!

cathyxxx
07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
good morning gang :wave:

I'm feeling GREAT today bec I got up early and did 3 miles again. I used the new 3 fast miles dvd. man that was tough at 5 am ;)

Michele - you are doing GREAT!!!! you go girl!!!!

PrincessPeach - how are your shins today? do you think that you might need a new pair of walking shoes? I can usually tell it's time for a new pair when my feet or legs start bothering me - but especially my shins.

Theresia - what other exercises do you do besides walking?

hope everybody has a great :running: day!

I tell you - I'm a different person when I get my walking in first thing in the morning ;)

hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
07-10-2008, 12:13 PM

I got up early again :cp: and did 3 miles :running:

I used the 4 mile super challenge dvd.

hugs,
cathy

pkend4593
07-10-2008, 01:33 PM
New here, I have the walk off the pounds dvd, but it's been sitting on the shelf for awhile, well when I get off work, I will blow the dust off and start
paulas

Michele L
07-10-2008, 05:59 PM
It is SO HOT and HUMID today! Glad I could do my walk inside! I chose Walk Slim 4 Really BIG Miles. Haven't done that one in awhile. Felt good!

dandk0204
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Yesterday: 3 mile WATP w/ stretchie (5 mile dvd) 35 minutes
3 mile WATP w/ stretchie (5 mile dvd) 35 minutes
2 mile WATP w/ stretchie (5 mile dvd) the first 2 24 minutes

Today: This is the plan

Michele L
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Hubby and I went for a walk last night when it was a bit cooler. Then this morning I did 3 Fast Miles. We're going camping after hubby gets home from work tonight. I will get my 10000 steps a day, and will probably have some good walking, but not much at a cardio level.

Have a great weekend!

cathyxxx
07-11-2008, 02:01 PM
hey gang

my alarm did not go off this morning so of course I'm dragging.

Michele - have a great time camping!

Paula - did you get to use your dvd last night?

PrincessPeach & Theresia - how's it going?

Ashley - WOW! CONGRATS ON THE 100 LB LOSS!!! that is awesome! and wow on doing 8 miles yesterday! that's a lot of miles!!! I'm in Louisiana too! can it get any hotter? wow!

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

cathyxxx
07-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey gang :wave:

I did 3 miles with 2 lb hand weights this morning. I used the 3 mile Weight Loss Walk.

hope everybody has a great weekend!
hugs,
Cathy

dandk0204
07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Cathy- OMG SOOO HOT!! I don't even want to go outside because of the heat.

Yesterday I got in like planned 6 miles.

Today I am doing 6 miles again with my 3 pound weights and stretchie :)

Shy Moment
07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
Sorry I haven't been posting. I have been doing my planned videos but between those and all the spring/fall cleaning I have been doing ( I always do this at the beginning of summer lol ) and 5 extra people in the house I just haven't had much time to post. Keep on walking everyone.

cathyxxx
07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
hey shy! i've been wondering where you are! glad to hear you're still walking. i knew you were ;) how in the world did you end up with 5 extra people in the house???

I got up early and did 2 miles. I used the old Heart Healthy Walk.

Has anyone gotten the new Heart Healthy Walk on dvd from Leslie's website? if so, how ya like it?

hugs,
Cathy

Shy Moment
07-15-2008, 09:08 AM
Cathy
My childrens older sister and her 4 kids are here for the month.

cathyxxx
07-15-2008, 02:31 PM
Shy - that sounds like fun....especially if it's only for a month ;) ;) ;)

I got up early and did 2 miles. I used the 4 Mile Super Challenge dvd. I thought I would have time to do more miles, but I didn't.

Then I went to the dentist to fix a tooth first thing this morning. I thought it would be simple but it wasn't and he ended up having to do some surgery. H had to cut the gum away so that he could fix the tooth below the gum and that stitched it back up. I was there for 3 hours. I'm taking pain pills and not chewing until Monday - just liquid and soft foods.

I didn't think to ask if I can exercise, but I really doubt I'm gonna feel like it in the morning anyway. Hopefully I'll just skip tomorrow tho.

What's everybody else up to today?

hugs,
cathy

Shy Moment
07-16-2008, 01:19 PM
cathy
It sounds like fun because it isn't at your house lol

Michele L
07-16-2008, 07:49 PM
HELP! I'm being a slug this week :tantrum: ! I spend WAY too much time sitting at the computer. Some of it is to read posts and log what I've eaten or walked. But most of it is simply playing stupid computer games! I KNOW it's wasting time and having me sit on my behind WAY too much! I just keep doing it anyway! Just like with food, I have no self-discipline!

Hubby did take me for a walk last night for an hour (otherwise I would have had about 4000 steps all day)! Today is even worse! It's almost 7pm and I barely have 1500 steps!

Somebody give me a swift kick in the rear! :kickbutt:

KAR73
07-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Hi All,
I love my WATP's videos and dvds! I have been doing one every day so far this month. My goal is to get to my goal weight by June 6th of next year. My parents will be married for 50 years on that day and we are having a family picture taken that day. Plus having a party for them. So I want to surprise all our family that hasn't seen me in a year or two! Plus after seeing myself in our family pictures from Memorial Day, I was not happy with myself.
This morning I did the Walk Away the Pounds 3 miles with the weighted balls. Boy is that a workout!
Sounds like you are all doing good on your walking so far for the month.
Cathy I hope that your mouth is feeling better!
Michelle, I hope that you have gotten a walk in for the day! It is nice that your hubby walks with you. Mine use to go for walks with me when we lived in town. Now it is only on those rare occassions when we go out to the state park by our house and then it is not for a long walk.
Hope everyone enjoyed their walks for today!
Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Have a nice evening!
Take care,
Kerry

Shy Moment
07-17-2008, 08:26 PM
Kar
I love them too. Some of them I like more than others. I feel really lazy if I haven't gotten my miles in. Lately I have had time to post or walk and I have been walking

:kickbutt:Michele

Get walking :)

jestock2
07-18-2008, 01:16 PM
After being away for a while, I did the 2 Mile Express Walk with Stretchie. Felt good to get moving again!

bluemommy
07-18-2008, 04:37 PM
hi everybody. i'm also a fan of watp. every day this week i did my 2 mile watp.

KAR73
07-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi everyone,
Hope you all got a walk in today. I got my 4 mile Walk Slim walk in today with the Strechie band. Boy did I get a good sweaty workout in. Everyday since the beginning of July I have done a walking dvd. So I am hoping that when I go back to school in Sept. I am a size smaller and toned up some.
Hope you all are having a nice Friday!
Take care,
Kerry

Michele L
07-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Well, I only did 1 mile today, but at least I did something! I just haven't felt right lately and that is making me sluggish. I thought it might go away if I forced myself to workout, but I had to stop after 1 mile (I had planned to do 2). I just couldn't do more. I felt weird. Not nauseous; not light-headed. Just not right. Anyway, tomorrow DD and I are spending the day shopping, so probably no formal workout, but lots of steps (I wear a pedometer).

Have a great weekend!

jmfan317
07-19-2008, 01:53 AM
Which WATP dvd do you feel is the best? I really want to work on my abs, waist, and thighs? I don't know which one would help me work out all those parts of my body.

KAR73
07-19-2008, 11:24 AM
I am getting ready to do my Walk and Kick DVD after I get off the computer.
As for the dvd that works all your body parts the best one I think is Leslie's Walk Slim Fast 4 miles (strecthie band) and her 3 mile Super Fat Burning Walk (weight balls). My body really feels it after those two workouts.
Michelle, glad you were able to get a mile in yesterday. That is a start in the right direction. Sorry you haven't felt right here lately. Maybe you should go see your dr. to see what is wrong. Enjoy your day shopping.
Hope everyone enjoys their walks today!
Take care,
Kerry

jestock2
07-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Did 1 Mile so far, will do more later!

Michele L
07-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Hubby and I went for a walk through the neighborhood for 25 minutes. It was a bit slower than I usually go, but it counts! Then, because I hadn't hit my 10000 steps for the day, I hopped on the treadmill. I only planned to do about a mile, but ended up doing 2.14 in 40 minutes!

jestock2
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM
2 Miles With Weights

taragettingthin
07-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Hello everyone. I just got my 4 Really Big Miles one. I couldn't decide which one to get since she has lots of them but I read some reviews and I didn't want to get like 2 mile one and then get the next one and then next one. I haven't done it yet and about to start soon. Sounds like everyone likes the program. :)

I have been doing other workout dvds: TransFirmation and 30-Day Shred. and 10 Minute Solution Pilates sometimes. They are great and I've been seeing great results..and I am also doing C25K. However, it's difficult to run outside sometimes because I'm a single mom and the only time I can workout is daytime when I'm at home with my DD. (I work midnight shift) So I thought WATP program would be a great cardio program for me, especially since I really want to up my cardio minutes. Hopefully I wouldn't regret getting it like some other DVDs that's just sitting at home.

KAR73
07-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Hi everyone,
I got my Walk and Jog Dvd workout in today. I wanted to workout yesterday but my dh told me that I needed a day off from it. So I think if I work out 6 days a week and take off one day, I should see some results not only weight wise but toning up wise too.
Michelle, glad that you got a walk in with dh last night. Then came home and hopped on the treadmill. Way to go! I can't wait till we find a house to buy and can get a treadmill. I would love to have one at the house. I use the one at the Y when ever I get to go there.
Tara, I think you will really like the program. I started out with her WATP's Express videos and now have about a dozen or so of her workouts. I love them. You can really see results in your body in just a few walks. Hope you enjoy!
Hi to everyone else. Hope you are staying cool in this heat. I can't wait for it to break and cool off some. I would love to go for a walk out at the state park, but it is just too humid and hot out there.
Happy Walking!
Kerry

taragettingthin
07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I finished the 4 mile and wow! I was surprised how fast the time went by and I sure was sweating. I used the band and it was a great workout for my arms too. :)

I'm still thinking if I want to do it every day or do it 3 times a week and do other days C25K. :)

karen0117
07-22-2008, 12:33 AM
First time posting to this group. I did the WATP pretty frequently several years ago (so long ago they were all VHS). I have the basic 1, 2 & 3 mile workouts plus a couple of variation walks that also have some ab and leg exercises. I've been doing a 30 minute walk every day for the last 7 weeks, I usually go just over a mile.

Does anyone have the old stuff and can they tell me the difference in the new ones? I am bored with my current routine and need to spice things up a little.

bluemommy
07-22-2008, 02:24 PM
I did 2 miles yesterday and today.

amyx33
07-22-2008, 04:02 PM
hey i would love to join WATP. Where do you buy the dvds just at walmart?
what are some of the best dvds to buy?

thnks :)

cathyxxx
07-23-2008, 11:23 AM

I finally got myself up this morning. Besides my teeth, I've had people sleeping on my sofa several nights (friends of my boys) and haven't been able to get in the living room at 5 am and exercise, but I finally did today.

I did 2 miles and used the 4 mile super challenge

Karen, I think all of Leslie's new stuff is much better than the old stuff. You can watch pieces of each dvd on her website at lesliesansone.com I like her new Walk Slim series, the 5 miles dvd, 4 mile super challenge and 4 big miles, 3 mile weight loss....well you get the idea...i like the new stuff ;-)

later gaters :wave:

KAR73
07-23-2008, 11:55 AM
I just finished her 2 mile 30-minute walk. Boy did that get me to sweat real good. I missed working out yesterday due to no electric. Plus it was very hot and humid from the thunderstorms we had roll through in the early morning hours yesterday.
I love all her stuff. I like her newer stuff better than the old stuff. It gives you a super sweaty workout and you actually feel your muscles afterwards. If that makes sense.
Happy Walking!
Kerry

Michele L
07-23-2008, 07:33 PM
I am a Leslie-a-holic! I have at least 30 of her workouts, including several of her older ones. Personally, I like her newer ones the best. The music is more upbeat and motivating, at least to me. My top choices would be any of the Walk Slim series (qvc was recently having a special for about $30 for a set of 4) and the 5 mile. Even if you can't do that many miles at once, it's better to get something you can grow into rather than something you'll outgrow. You can always do 1 or 2 miles instead of 4 or 5 that may be on the DVD!

Check out collage video online for clips of many workouts. It's getting harder to find them in stores like Walmart or Target. I've gone to buying from places like amazon, collage and total fitness dvd's (no spaces) online.

Good luck in your search for the perfect video for you!

Shy Moment
07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say hello. Been so busy around here with company. Takes a lot to keep a house clean with 9 people in it and takes a whole lot of cooking to feed everyone lol. Have our week at the camp grounds coming up and a few little things we want to do with everyone while they are here. Hope everyone is doing well.

I have at least 2 dozen of her videos. There aren't any I don't like. I happen to like her Christian Inspired music ones the best.

karen0117
07-24-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the recommendations Cathy & Michele. I'll look at the new stuff, sounds good.

KAR73
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM
I just did my Walk Strong tape. Had to warm up my muslces before going out to push mow the grass.
My sister bought me the 30 minute Walk Slim tape for my birthday in May. I love it. How many other tapes is in the series? After I go back to doing the afterschool program once my school starts, I would like to purchase a couple more of her tapes.
Sounds like everyone is busy getting their walks in. Keep up the good work!

cathyxxx
07-24-2008, 10:57 AM

I also played softball last night for 1 1/2 hours with teenagers in the LA heat & humidity. am I crazy or what? LOL

didn't get up this morning bec I figured I'd be sore but I'm not - go figure???

maybe, just maybe, I'll get in some walking tonight. If I do I'll post it.

hugs,
Cathy

KAR73
07-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Hi gang,
TGIF!!! This week has seemed like a long one. Glad to see Friday is finally here. LOL
Cathy sounds like you had fun playing softball the othe night. Did you get a walk in yesterday evening then?
I did get the lawn mowed yesterday. The neighbor boy came over and helped with it. He got a new riding mower and wanted to try it out. So I got to do the hillside and the bank in the middle of the back yard. So I really got another good workout after my walk yesterday morning. Even though I didn't have to push mow the whole yard. :) I did the 30-minute walk slim this morning. So now it is off to run errands today.
Hope you all have a wonderful day and get your walking in!
Take care,
Kerry

cathyxxx
07-25-2008, 11:46 AM
hey Kerry - wow you're getting in a lot of good exercise and getting the lawn mowed too! ;) you go girl!I didn't get in a walk last night, but I did get up early this morning and did 2 miles. whoot whoot :)hope everybody has a great :running: day!hugs,Cathy

Michele L
07-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Hubby and I went for a long walk last night! Then, this morning I did the 1 mile Super Challenge!

Have a great weekend!

Michele L
07-27-2008, 12:20 PM
This morning I continued my streak (3 days now) and did the Power Mile with the 2 pound soft weights. I know 3 days doesn't seem like much (it sure didn't used to to me!), but after a summer with sporadic fitness, I'm proud to re-commit!

cathyxxx
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM

Michele - CONGRATS on your 3 day streak! that is awesome!!!!

My exercise yesterday was cleaning the house for over 6 hours.

hope everybody is having a nice weekend!
hugs,
cathy

Michele L
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
I got some extra energy tonight after supper (while I had the house to myself), so I did Leslie's Walk Down Your Blood Sugar. I don't have diabetes (I actually bought it to give to my sister who does), but I wanted to try it out. Now I'm not sure she's going to get it! I may just have to buy another copy!

cathyxxx
07-27-2008, 09:51 PM
hey michele, ok now i'm curious about that video too. ;)
did you get her new "walking down your blood sugar" or the older one called "walk down your blood sugar"?
thanks,
cathy

Shy Moment
07-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Michele
3 days is great. You just keep going. I started out slow and added a video at a time a day at a time. All of a sudden I noticed I was doing 6 to 10 miles 5 days a week. It just creeps up on you lol.

cathyxxx
07-28-2008, 10:05 AM

I did 3 miles this morning :cheer:

I used the 5 mile dvd and used the stretchie band in the 3rd mile

hope everybody has a great :running: day.
hugs,
Cathy

KAR73
07-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi everyone,
I took the weekend off from working out. But now I could kick myself. I felt tired and moodier than normal. So I know it must have been that I didn't get my daily walks in. But I did my walk and jog dvd this morning. So I am back on track. I hope! :)
Michelle that is great for 3 days in row. Keep it up! You will be back to working out all the time again.
Cathy, sounds like you did some major cleaning on Saturday. I have to do that at my house. Taking it one step at a time though. LOL
Shymoment, I know what you mean about your walks creeping up on you. I couldn't make it through the school year without my daily walks.
Have a great day everyone!
Take care,
Kerry

bluemommy
07-28-2008, 02:22 PM
Here's my exercise for the days that I didn't have a chance to log on.

Fri- watp-
Sat- watp
Sun off
Mon- watp

karen0117
07-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, I haven't gotten around to ordering any of the new stuff recommended to me but it was just too hot all day here to walk outside (still in mid 90's after dark) so I got out my old Leslie stuff and did the 2 mile high calorie burn. I had forgotten how intense these short workouts are. Anyway, I'm sure I got more benefit of it than my usual 30 minute walk, in which I usually go about a mile and a quarter. Really enjoyed it and used some muscles I haven't been using in my regular strength training.

cathyxxx
07-29-2008, 07:09 AM

I just did 2 miles. I used the Walk Slim 2 mile Fast Start.

Karen - I also feel it when I skip my walks. We just feel so much better when we get some exercise. congrats on your doing the dvds. I like the Walk and Jog too. Congrats on the 15 lb weightloss. that's awesome! I just realized you are in Dallas. I'm in Lake Charles, LA. we are neighbors ;)

Bluemommy - congrats on getting in the exercise! and congrats on the 34 lb weightloss. I'd love to hear what you're doing.

hugs,
Cathy

bluemommy
07-29-2008, 08:52 AM
Bluemommy - congrats on getting in the exercise! and congrats on the 34 lb weightloss. I'd love to hear what you're doing.

thanks. i am strictly watp during the summer. i sometimes switchs it up with the exercise bike. during the cooler months, i enjooy walking through the park. i cut fried foods from my diet (as much as possible) and eat more fruits and veggies.

KAR73
07-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Afternoon everyone,
I just got done with my Walk and Kick dvd. I really like to do that one and the jog one once a week for a change of pace. I think she kicks it up a notch or two.
Sounds like everyone is doing really good on their walking. Keep up the good work!
Have a great day!
Kerry

Michele L
07-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Hi, everyone! I am continuing my streak! Yesterday I did the 1 mile Express. I wanted to do more, but it was a hectic day with appointments and a potluck last night. At least I did a mile!

Today started out hectic again, but I did the 2 mile Walk Diet this afternoon once things settled down. Supper's in the crock pot, so I have time to log everything before showering and finishing supper!

Glad to see everyone is doing so well!

UPDATE: I added 30 minutes on the treadmill tonight! 5 minutes was even JOGGING!!!!

cathyxxx
07-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Michele - CONGRATS on continuing your streak! you go girl! :cheer:

I did 2 miles this morning :running: whoot!

hugs,
cathy

bluemommy
07-30-2008, 01:52 PM
good afternoon all. i did my 1 mile watp + warm up this morning.

cathyxxx
07-31-2008, 11:36 AM
welllll shoot! i missed today. i was just too worn out from spending the day at the hospital with my mom who ended up having a UTI. So I decided to sleep until 6 this morning innstead of getting up at 5. of course, now i'm dragging since i didn't walk. oh well, tomorrow is another day.

hope everybody else has a good :running: day
hugs,
cathy

dandk0204
07-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Got in 6 miles today :)

Ambrosia
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I started the Walk Away the Pounds (3 mile) workout yesterday. It looked easy at first from watching it. I was fooled! I was sweating all over the place once I was close to 2 miles. After the 30 Day Shred DVD, I repeated Walk Away The Pounds again. It was a bit easier getting through it the second time.

bluemommy
08-01-2008, 12:35 PM
i completed a 2 mile walk today.

Cheree
08-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi fellow walkers! :hug:

I haven't posted here in awhile, but I've been walkin'.

My favorite right now is from Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home" series and it is a DVD called "Walk Slim - Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles." I carry two 5 pound weights for miles 1 and 2, then two 3 pound weights during mile 3, and the last mile uses a firm band. I like to add carrying the weight because it helps me get in more of an upper body workout (I badly need to build my arm muscles).

I've been alternating at times with another DVD from her Walk at Home series called, "3 Mile Weight Loss Walk."

Walk on everyone! :carrot: