UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-04-2008, 04:46 AM   #1  

Default Apple shape - query

HI I have read a fair bit as I am apple shaped.

However I am sure I read somewhere that Nikki Hambleton Jones said we should wear fairly low waist trousers. A mistake surely? That would show up our tums?

I am sure I read Trinny and Susannah saying we need high waist ones.

What do you all think?

Any fellow apples that have got a great pair of trousers and what style are they????
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 04:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

hmmm..... looking at some diagrams of where the fat sits on apple shaped bodies I would tend to agree with you that it's a shape more suited to higher waisted trousers

The pear shape would seem to be more suited to the low waisted trousers. I don't really know for sure, sorry I can't be of much help.
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm an apple and I think high waisted is definitely better. Whenever I've had lower rise pants, if they are snug enough to not slide down, they make a terrible bulge above the waist. If they are loose enough to not make the bulge, then I'm hiking them up all day- ugh!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #4  

HI Auntie G - I have an Auntie G (Gwen) but she does not live in PA (is that Pennysylvania or however you spell it??)

Thanks for your reply, I thought it was weird to suggest low waist trousers as I always got the most disgusting belly bulge above the waist of the trousers and I hate the muffin top look!
peacock 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #5  

Hi Peacock, and a shout out to your Auntie G! My real name doesn't even start with G, I just took that from a slightly obscure Monkees song- Auntie Grizelda. And yes, PA is Pennsylvania.

No more muffin tops!!! LOL
Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #6  
tamIam

S/C/G: size16/size14/size10

I could be wrong, but I think the high waisted trousers are almost made for the pear shapes. I run into the problem of trying on a pair of jeans that are high waisted and almost always find that the hip and arse are way too big. I've begun to find that that if I can get a pair of jeans or trousers they will fit great if there is a wide-waistband. Like I mean, not the size of the waist but the thickness of the band? Does that make sense?
greeneggsandtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #7  

Greeneggs, you're absolutely right about the proportions, but I've found that high waisted ones with some stretch are the best way to go for me, at least.

And btw, I had that Bee Gees poster on my wall for years when I was a young'n!