Weight Loss Support - 300+ and Ready To Try Again... #146

2cute2Bfat
03-21-2002, 12:44 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

Welcome !!!!!!!

2cute2Bfat
03-21-2002, 12:47 PM
I found Michelle alone on the second page so I moved her here to begin our new thread. She has some GREAT news I didn't want anyone to miss. Here is Michelle's post.....

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much this week...I am finding less time being home with my son then I did working full time! At least at work I could sneek on and get paid for it! LOL

I had my weigh in this morning...and I was shocked...I thought it was going to be ugly but I was quite surprised to lose 7.2 lbs! I did something right!

I have to go back and read the rest of the thread...hopefully after I get back from a meeting I have to go to this afternoon. I will be back! Famous last words! Hope you are all doing AOK!

Chow for now! Michelle

wackoyako
03-21-2002, 01:04 PM
I will keep up !!! I will I will I will !!!!!!!!! You guys zoom right along huh ? :dizzy: I know this is the right one lol of course I lost which I posted on last but I am here ... better late then never .....Too funny about the clothes :lol: I needed that laugh . I thought it was just me ! Do you know if anyone makes a half top that covers the belly ???? All my shirts are way down to cover my spare ... by now that sucker could fit on a tractor :o . I have lost two pounds this week though .... first time ever losing any wieght ! 2 pounds doesnt seem like a whole lot though to me I tried so hard all week and was so good I feel I deserve to lose alot more :lol: . I know this will be a long road and a battle like no other I have ever fought .... Just that all the other battles I have fought the opponents didn't look so yummy , smell sooooooo good , were so comforting .... its like punching your mom in the stomach ..... I love my mom I would never do that but if she was making me buy from that aweful clothes section I might just have to .... Its the principal of the thing ...:lol: :lol: :lol: . Gotta run I will get done cleaning and come back and keep checking through the day so I can stay up with ya'll ... Have a SUPER DUPER DAY folks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duckie25
03-21-2002, 04:36 PM
Wow, I'm gone for a week and I had to read 4 thread's to catch up on all the juice.

I've been a bad:devil: bad:devil: girl, thank god for this site, just logging in this morning and reading the post have gotten me motivated again. The past week I've been so bad, all my bad eating habits have popped up, I'm eating way to much at supper, bein munching on chips all day long and not drinking any water. I can't seem to get into the excersie mode either. I want to lose this weight so bad, but being so good is so hard. Once again I have to start fresh get into the groove of things and try try again:D

I was hoping to lose 20lbs by my Birthday April 1st, that's 6lbs to go, so that's my new goal and I will do it. I'm finding that I can't stuff another veggie in my mouth, I'm getting so sick of them, and totally craving carbs, and once I start on carbs I'm a lost cause I can't control my self, need to find new and yummy ways to cook the veggies, or maybe try some new veggies I have'nt tried, how do you cook artichokes are they good:smug:

Hope everyone's doing better than I am.

wackoyako
03-21-2002, 04:51 PM
Just sitting here taking a break .... read duckies post .... wohooo me 2 I am fired up ! My birthday is July 16 wonder how much I can lose till then hmmm ... I will try n lose all I can without it being unhealthy ... two ponds down n some more uhhhhh lots more he he .. to go ! :lol: well just a quick note I dont want to miss anything so i will pop in periodically ... cause I have no life LOL !!!!!!

LuckyLadyBug
03-21-2002, 09:47 PM
Michelle I can't believe you lost all that weight without us....you make me jealous. But I am thrilled for you.

wackoyako Congrats on your 2.....good for you.

Well, I have to go and study investments for a test at work tomorrow....are you all jealous??????

Baylee this weather is driving me nuts.....bring on Spring, please......

2cute2Bfat
03-21-2002, 11:09 PM
Gee... not many here today. We will just have to party without everyone else. LOL :joker:
Hi Duckie, wacko and lucky. :wave:
I have been so productive lately, I just havent made it here as often.
And I am in the mood to keep it going.. so I am just stopping long enough to say HI.
Hope more of you come and post soon.

Thankful Thursday....
I am thankful for the burst of energy to clean. It is a MIRACLE. :lol:
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my cyber family. ;)

thinthinker
03-22-2002, 12:29 AM
Hi everyone! :wave: Just stopping by with a quick 'hi'. It's been a very busy day and I just got in. Got my paperwork ready to mail in the morning and I'm off again. Keep getting calls for more work, just can't stop! :D

You all sound like you're doing great. Congrats to all who have lost. :)

The clothing conversation is hysterical! :joker:

My food is holding it's own. I haven't jumped on the scale since Monday morning. I'll have to check in with it in the morning to see if I'm on the right track. If not, I'll have to work a little harder! :eek:

Gotta get some sleep. :yawn: Big day again tomorrow. Love to all. :love:

"It is the friends that you can call up at 4 A.M. (or catch on-line :lol: ) that matter." - Marlene Dietrich

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2002, 01:12 AM
I just wanted to remind everyone that this site will close Saturday night at midnight and suppose to open again on Sunday. Hopefully they will re-add our gifs.....but I doubt it. :^:

You are suppose to get to this site via... www.3fatchicks and not by their IP... which are a bunch of numbers or something.

I am off to bed...

Jehari
03-22-2002, 01:41 AM
Well, guys...I am soo tired and am going to bed but wanted to pop in real quick. Got home late from my daughters party at Chuck E. Cheese. BOY what a rip off!! That cost WAY too much money!! Anyhoo, we are all going to bed cuz we have to get up early tomorrow to go back into Boise (about 40 miles away) for my daughters doctor appt. I ended up having to reschedule my sons appt cuz they were running so late and I was so mad, but that's another story.

Anyhoo...
THE BAD NEWS: I just doomed my weigh in tomorrow. I ate FOUR pieces of pizza, plus a piece of cake (but just one). Calorie- wise, it wasn't god awful cuz I kind of anticipated that I'd eat the pizza and cake, just not so much of it. I ended up at 2100 calories, but have been at 1400 or below for the rest of the week, so that's not the end of the world, but all that food weight and water retention is going to kill my weigh in. Maybe next week will look extra good then, huh?

THE GOOD NEWS: I didn't bring home the left overs. My friend's husband quickly volunteered to take the cake off my hands and I sent the pizza home with my MIL, so there is no more of that stuff here to tempt me.

So, it could have been worse. I'm not real upset over other than the weigh in thing. I usually account for 2 days at 2000 calories, and the other 5 days at 1400. I just don't like to have the 2000 calorie day right before weigh in. RATS!!

Anyhoo, off to bed with me. G'nite,
Jen
:wave:

PS: wacko, you totally crack me up! What a great attitude!! Glad you joined us!!

prism
03-22-2002, 01:58 AM
Hi everyone,

The conversation about clothes was hilarious. I'm fed up with Lane Bryant's housecoat, tent clothes. Romans are pretty good, but I like Jessica London the best. Well, take that back, hands down Ross is the best. I love to shop there. I see the same Sag Harbor (sag?) in Sears. I bought couple of bras from walmart last nite. 42C from 44DD, is that awesome!!! My boobs are deflating. along with my behind.

Day 4 of my wendie, 21 day block. Today I followed the 1800 calories and weight lifted. I lost another pound. I'm down to 241. Yippee. I feel a gold star coming @ 240lbs with 8lbs lost. I'm going to the qvc website after this.

Do you recall my woodworking project? Well it was a fiasco. Too big and rocky. I bought a metal shelf. Will use the wood for practice sessions.

I had a lovely dinner of chicken caesar salad. Delicious.
Have a great Friday. TGIF.
Sweet dreams,
Malia

QueenB
03-22-2002, 02:42 AM
Shhhhh.......I have to be vewwy vewwy quiet.....I'm hunting wabbits......... Woops! That's the wrong line! What I meant was, Shhhh.....be very very quiet.....I'm on the ol' workhorse's computer again. :lol:

Kat: I laughed so hard I thought I would pee my pants when I read your post about all the ugly sales clothes your MIL sends you. My Mom is the exact same way! She buys summer clothes that go on sale in the winter and winter clothes in the summer and even though she gets all this stuff for like .50 cents, but I just can't tell her that even though she's getting all these terrific bargains, she buying what no one else wanted!!!! She brought me another "inspiration" outfit over today. This one is the exact same style, the only difference is that it is bright orange and it has waves and lovely colored fishys swimming all over on the front. And I must tell you, it does inspire me...........it inspires me to never have to wear anything like that again!!!! :lol:

Baylee:That is such good idea that you had. We should definitely rotate the lovely green and now, the orange outfit around. Me and Kat could start rotating it and then pass them along to everyone. They would certainly give everyone a great big laugh! :D

Malia: The sandwich you had sounded awesome! You should really try the turkey and cucumber though. I'm not a real big fan of cucumbers, so I was a little hesitant to try it, but a friend of mine did and said she loved it, so I did, and it is really good! Hope you had some good rest.

Lucky: As soon as I can, I will take some pictures of these lovely outfits I have been bestowed lately and I will display them for all my friends to see, but don't be surprised if I can get this thing started if you one day get a box on your front porch with a lovely green outfit inside!!! :lol:

Michelle: 7.2 pounds!! :eek: That is soooooo awesome! You should feel so good about yourself. You certainly have been doing something right. And it is very good to see you even though you have been really busy.

Wacko: Congrats on the 2 pound loss! That is a great job! You are on your way. And 2 pounds is alot. Just think of it this way.......you have lost 8 sticks of butter. And your right.....this will be a long road, but you are traveling on this road with friends and we will be with you along the way.

Duckie: Don't feel bad. We have ALL been where you have been. We are all human and it happens. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and remember all the reasons why you wanted to lose the weight in the first place. I think sometimes in the midst of trying to be so good and do the exercising and drink the water and count the calories, and we get so caught up with the "diet" that we forget what is really important......that is eating healthier so we can live longer. We are all behind you on this! ;)

2cute: Isn't it great to be productive? By the way, can you tell me what that word means? :lol: I don't think I have been productive since the day I started third shift. I love the shift, I am just having a hard time adjusting to it. Was just a huge slug today. I am definitely going to do better. Hope you and your family are well. {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Thin: Glad your on track. Knew you could do it. It is so hard sometimes, isn't it? Sometimes it seems so much easier to just go chow down on a big mac, huh? Sounds like you have been real busy lately too working on your "bra jobs" and that can really run you down too. Hope your having a good day.

Jen: I think you did a GREAT job with your trip to Chuck E. Cheese. I know that you ate more than what you wanted to, but you were aware of what you ate. Think of all the times you would have went there and didn't even care how much pizza you ate........probably had 2 or 3 pieces of cake. I know that's what I have done. Just the fact that you are aware of what you ate and counted the calories is a victory in itself. Maybe you didn't do as well as you wanted to, but in my opinion, you were alot better than you may have been in the past and that is a success! Way to go!

Hi to Grannie! Hope you had a good day.

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for a loving DH and children.
I am thankful 30 pounds of this massive body is gone.
I am thankful for my friends here at 3FC.

Well, I guess I will go for now. My co-worker is giving me the evil eye. :s: Love to all :love:

MichelleK
03-22-2002, 07:25 AM
Good morning everyone!!

Rise and Shine! Its time to get our exercise shoes on and go out running, jogging or walking! Yeah right! LOL

Lucky....I did NOT do it without all of you! I was lurking and laughing all week. Just after reading all the activity going on all week long I didn't have the time to post anything constructive. I have an 18 month old running around destroying the house! I think that may have contributed to the loss too...chasing him around!

2Cute...thanks for moving me over...I hate being alone...I hated it when I realized I was on the second page! Prodcutive huh? What have you been productive at? If its house cleaning will ya come do mine? I think I just about got a handle on doing the laundry! Its having babies right on my bedroom floor! I swear it is!!

QueenB...did you tell your mother you didn't like the outfits? If you did you are brave! Can you just wear them once when she is around, then maybe wear them around the house to clean in? Take a picture for sure but take a picture with you in them. Just think...then you will be down how many sizes? You could use that as your inspiration...get down to fit in them just so you can take a picture and send to us!! NO?

Jen..you did do a great job at Chuck E Cheeses. You GAVE AWAY the pizza and cake! I would have brought it home and ate more! Those are the kind of changes we need to succeed! And you are aware of what you ate and can make the adjustments. Sometimes the scale surprises us...like it did me this week. I truly thought I was going to have a gain! And look what I did!!

Wacko..congrats on the 2 lb loss! A loss is a loss...just keep adding those pounds off each week and they add up to one big loss! Now if I could lose 7 lbs a week I would be one happy girl!! LOL

Thin you work some late hours! What exactly do you do?

I have to say I am proud of myself....last night we decided to go out to dinner and I ordered a broiled filet of flounder with a baked potato and sour cream on the side no butter, with a ceasar salad dressing on the side. I brought home the whole salad for lunch today. I ate my fish and potato and was very satisfied. Of course I picked a couple of french fries off my son's plate. They are my downfall! But overall I done good for the first time in a restaurant! I didn't even eat the bread!!

Ok I know I left out a few people and I really don't like to do that. I know I like to read individual posts to myself. I am really sorry but my son is getting into something...cookies I think!! I will catch up again later today!!

Have a great day! Michelle

Grannie39074
03-22-2002, 09:12 AM
Hello fellow chickies

It is cold here this morning in the 30's down from the 80's bummer.

DH called and he won't be back till tomorrow.:(
I may get son to take me out to dinner tonight

Have to work today at the Library from 11-5

Glad all of you are posting yopu are all my inspriation. NO one ever buys me clothes but me. Don't have a mil but I can do without one like that.:lol:

Duckie25
03-22-2002, 10:37 AM
:cool: GOOD MORNING LADY'S

Well it looks like it might finally warm up, it's only -18 C, today, isn't that crazy it's almost the end of March and where still getting way below freezing mark, it's been colder the last 3 weeks than it's been all winter, are we even going to get spring. I'ts hard to convince people we Canadian's don't live in Igloo's when we get this kind of weather. Lucky us:cry:

Well I pulled out the old weight watchers books last night, and have decided to try to follow the point program again, I need some boundries and when I do it on my own and not keep track I seem to think when I eat to much it doens't matter cause I don't have to write it down or make it accountable. My points for yesterday totaled 25.5 :p My point range is between 28-35 so I guess I should eat more, who would have thought.:lol:

I was digging through old boxes yesterday and found some of my old clothes, clothes I wore about 5yrs ago, there still a size 20 pants and 18 shirts but I looked good at that size and I would love to be down there again. Going to hang up a pair of white jeans and a nice fitted shirt, in my bathroom so I can see it every day, and help me keep motivated, I have about 6 pairs of jeans I'd love to get into.

I really need to get a new scale, it's only suppose to go up to 300lbs but when I step on it it goes past 300lbs:cry: and starts over again so I just add on whatever extra it reads, I know it's not much off than the doctor's scale, but I have to step on it at least a dozen times before it finally reads the same numbers over again. I wonder what I really weigh:D I'm afraid to look at any other scales, don't want to see a huge difference unless it's less than what mine reads. Any good brands of scales I should check into?

Congrats to all those who have lost some pounds, my scale said I gained 3lbs at first and then I stepped on it a few more times and it read that I lost 3lbs so I don't really know, I'm going to weight till this monday before I post any weight loss or gain.

My grandma use to send us the most tacky stuff for Christmas, she really like the sweatshirts with the puffy animal prictures on them, they never ever fit so I didn't have to pretend to like them, she finally decided to send money instead of gifts.

Well I predict another good eating day, let's get fit and healthy:sheep: Check in later

I can't find the wendi plan what thread is it on?

wackoyako
03-22-2002, 11:28 AM
Good morning everyone ... I hope you all slept well ... and that you had lovely dreams ! Last night I dreamt I was eating a giant marshmellow ..... when I woke up my pillow was gone :eek: !!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mila That chicken salad sounds heavenly ... I know a great recipie for chicken cesar salad but it envolves carmalizing walnuts ! I think I will try n pick up some stuff for a big salad ... do you think I would be going over board to have crutons ? Maybe wheat crutons if they make them huh ? As far as your boobs >>> shrinking huh ? Are you sure that a GOOD thing LOL?
Tina * sticks of BUTTER ?????? Holy cow ! I love butter but ever since I started this change I have used no butter except my spread .. I cant believe its not butter fat free ... Its pretty good ... but dont I repeat dont cook with it lol !!!! Thanx for the words of encouragement and for letting me see I am not alone !
michelle OMGGGGGGGGG you just don't even know ... I love french fries sooo much ... I would marry 1 if I could but I am pretty sure that is illegal in most states ... besides what kind of life would we have ? He would be gone in the first two seconds >>>> CHOMP !!!!!:lol: I hope for you that u lose that 7 and then some ... If I could lose 10 alltogether I am pretty sure nothing would stop me !
Mary Nobody sends you clothes ??? Everyone sends me clothes .... I have so many racks of clothes I cant keep up .... and here is the kicker ... there alllllllll ugly clothes ppl have sent me .... even my nieghbor came by and says hey got these clothes go through them and see what you like ... LOL... didnt want to hurt her feelings and say wow ugly clothes so i just kept them smiled and said thanx ... maybe your lucky mary ... if ya want I can send you some of mine ? LOL
Duckie I am sitting here this morning freezing ... Im in tennessee and it was warming up then it flooded and I was going to build the ark but then it stopped now it is sooo cold I can seee my own breath in my house ! So I watch the weather report and they say chilly until sun .... then .... get this .... MORE RAIN AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ! I will never get my garden planted like this ! On the clothing thing I feel ya ... but I go n buy inspirational clothing and then later on have given it away in disgust ... knowing I will never get these thunder thighs into anything that doesnt have elastic at the top .... OHHH what I wouldn't give to be able to wear the button fly jeans again ...... Now I can just only imagine what buttons on pants look like ! ::::::::::sigh::::::::::::::::
Well I hope I got everyone .. Have a super wonderful warm and happy day .

2cute2Bfat
03-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Good morning dear friends.
It is Fun Friday !!!!!!!

I have been working hard all week and I am going to take my daughter and me out to lunch and to the movies. :D
I may even buy myself something.. who knows.
Maybe an orange and blue flowered blouse with fishies. :lol:
It seems to be the trend here. LOL

I just wanted to wish all of you a wonderful fun filled day.
I am out of here e e e e e e e e e e e

Jehari
03-22-2002, 09:20 PM
Hey there everyone!!

Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement. I know that over the past year, even though I don't meet all my goals, and I still screw up a lot, I AM making progress in my lifestyle change. I took a look back at myself, and the way I was eating over a year ago. I ate almost nothing but fast food, and was averaging over 4000 calories a day! A binge for me now is eating some cookies, or an extra piece of pizza that wasn't on my plan. Back then it would have been a whole pizza, a whole cake, and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. So overall, I am making some progress. Isn't that what they say?? Progress, not perfection.

I am making today my other high calorie day for the week since I was out all day and ended up eating at McDonalds. I hadn't had any water all day until I got home this evening. I guess your body really misses it when you've been drinking it so regularly. I've chugged about 5 glasses in the past hour and a half. Guess who's gonna be up all night. But anyhoo, I ready to go for it again tomorrow and make it straight through until my weigh in next Friday. I did still manage to show a loss of 1 pound this morning, even after Chuck E. Cheese. I got a catalog from Fredricks of Hollywood today. OH MY!! :o Wouldn't I love to be able to wear some of that for my DH in May!! Don't think I'm that brave. :^:

And to everyone with ugly clothes.... I have them too. I call them my "laundry" clothes. That's what I wear while I'm washing all the clothes I'll wear in public. :lol: Then when the laundry is done, I throw them back in the dark corner that they came from.
I got THE most hideous sweater from a relative last year. I took it back to the store it came from to exchange it for some shoes that I really needed. There were two lines at side by side check stands. I stepped up to the counter with my box, just as the lady next to me stepped up with hers. Man was it ever a laugh riot when the cashiers opened the boxes and they were the SAME sweater!! I guess those will go on the clearance rack so Tina's mom can get her one for Christmas, huh? :lol:

Well, I'm off for now. I've been so busy the past few days that the house is absolutely falling down around me. Talk at ya later,
Jen

joe anne
03-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Hi Friends
I was just stopping in to let you know that I am doing better. I want to thank you all for your kind words about my mom, even though it's been three years I still need her :(
That week I did the tribute, one of my husbands nephews was killed in a car accident. He was a ten year old child, but in his short life he lived a life time. Even though these things are tragic it's all for GODs glory and I am learning to accept or at least trying to.
Ok in the weight loss department, I have not weighed in for about two weeks now but according to my home scale I am turtling. I have not been true to myself, and that was to be consistant in exercise, BUT I have been going the distance I committed to and I have drunk my water.
Ok here I go NO MORE EXCUSES ON TO THE GOAL-----> 150
I'll see you all lighter.

LuckyLadyBug
03-22-2002, 10:49 PM
JenI, too, feel like I have made progress in my eating which is good. I just wish I could plunge in and REALLY lose this weight.

Lona Congrats on the 2 pound loss.

Duckie I know what you mean about vegies. I love them but SOMETIMES!!!! I can’t even think of a new way to eat them. I guess that is why there are all those cookbooks out there.

Malia Way to go on the smaller bra….

I think we can learn a valuable lesson here…..DON’T send anyone clothes like our well intentioned relatives did. I have already gone to good old cash for birthdays.!!!!

Since we are on clothes stories. I need new underwear. I hate loose underwear so I have put off buying new ones because when I lose weight – well, they would be loose then wouldn’t they? So, my underwear at this moment is in need of replacement. Today when I got to work I poked a hole in the left side of my underwear. (while in the bathroom…thought I had better mention that knowing this crowd) It wasn’t so bad – until the next time I went and pulled them down and then back up..bigger hole… and the next time I went and pulled them down and then back up – well, you get the idea. By the end of the day the hole nearly circled my body leaving me with two pieces of underwear. I can’t tell you what a weird feeling THAT was. At this moment the two piece underwear has found a new home in the garbage!!!

I will have to post a lot tomorrow before they take the site down. I sure hope we don’t lose any more features.

prism
03-22-2002, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone,

Lucky, your puka (hawaiian word for hole) panty story was funny. It happened to me once too, worse though. The elastic died or something and lucky I have chubby thighs because it was holding the crotch in place. Everything else was flipped down to my knees. No kidding. I was wearing a long dress of course and had do some quick thinking with a large paper clip. :D

It's spring here. It's 5:36pm in the afternoon and the sun is shining in my bedroom window. It makes an appearance in March and disappears in September. I love this time of year. It looks like I'll be having a good weekend.

On the job front, my boss came home from her trip and my coworker called her with the news about the open position. My boss was SHOCKED that the girl senior to me was interested. I had a good laugh because nothing goes to plan with me. It's hilarious it happened to my boss. She's soooo perfect. I'm tired of the waiting. The girl wants to job shadow. I feel you either want the job or not. She asked me if I wanted the job. I told her I had no choice. It's a difference of $4.00 more an hour. She makes about the same. Her decision is based on whether she wants to be inside or outside. Good grief, how greedy can you get? Sorry to bore you guys with this. I should know by now how nothing in my life runs smoothly. Starting with being overweight.

Day 5, no change on the scale. I lost 2lbs this week which is much safer anyway. Duckie, the exactly same thing happens to me on my scale. On and off until I get the same number. Sometimes when I'm feeling delusional, I'll set the starting point before the zero. and I'm instantly lighter. Who am I kidding? The starting point always moves. I need a new scale.

I ate a large meal for lunch. I'll eat a fruit salad for dinner.

See you later,
Malia

thinthinker
03-23-2002, 02:01 AM
Hi everyone! :wave: I've read everyone's messages but just can't keep my eyes open to reply to all of you. I really hope to slow down in about .......two weeks! :lol: Just about the time I say that, more and more gets piled on the 'to do' list.

I was terrible with food today. I bought cookies yesterday at Walmart and felt as if I had to eat the whole dozen by myself and then hide the evidence in the bottom of the garbage can. Do you think I'm stressed with all these jobs and I just need desserts??? :rolleyes:

I only have one job this weekend and it's a steakhouse tomorrow night. I've asked my mom to join us as we'll be taking my youngest back to school on Wednesday. He starts classes the day after Easter.

Hope you all will excuse me as I fall asleep at the keyboard. :yawn: Nodding off now........

"Ultimately, love is self-approval."- Sondra Ray

QueenB
03-23-2002, 04:59 AM
Hey guys.........wanted to stop in real quick to hopefully bring a smile to all your faces. My Mom came back over today with YET ANOTHER OUTFIT!!!! This one is hot pink with leopards all over the front of it. I just about died!!!:eek: I said, "Mom, you shouldn't have!" (And I really really meant she shouldn't have) and she smiled and your not gonna believe what she said. She said, "Well, There's more where that came from!!! At this point I had to sit down. I very calmly asked her where she was finding all these lovely outfits and she said that she has had them for 3 or 4 years! She's just been waiting on me to lose weight so she could surprise me with them. And boy, are each one a surprise!! So, to recap.......I have a green one with sailboats, a bright orange one with swimming fishies and now a hot pink one with leopards on the front! And she says she still has two more to bring me. I didn't even want to ask her what they looked like for I thought I might burst into hysterics when she told me. I'll just wait for her to bring them through the door so I can look really surprised. For in truth, I guess I really am, because it does surprise me that they get uglier with each one she brings! By the time she gets to the last one, there's no telling what will be on it!
Other than that, the day has been pretty good. I'm on the ol' bosses computer again, so I better hop off here. Just thought I would share that with you. I don't have time for individual replies right now, but I do want to say to Lucky.......get ready girl.....you've got some clothes on the way!!! :lol: By the way, I loved the story about the holey underwear. Been there........done that. My co-worker kept staring up here at me because I was laughing out loud and shaking so much the chair was squeaking when I read that!!!!!
Love you guys so much and I'll be sure to stop back by before they shut us down tomorrow. :love:

MichelleK
03-23-2002, 07:41 AM
Oh my Gosh! I nearly pee'd my pants laughing so hard! Holey Underwear....been there done that too! How embarassing! At least when I was 21 and got hit by a car I had good underwear on that night! My mother always told me never to wear tacky underwear.....she was right! LOL

I have to be strong strong strong today. My parents are on their way here from RHode Island. Unexpectedly....they should be here within the hour. They are on their way to West Virginia to my Aunts and then off to Kentucky for a week with my father's brother. They weren't suppose to be here until April 8th and 9th but my mom got extra days off from work so they are leaving early for an extended vacation. They ALWAYS want to go out to eat and we are going to breakfast when they get here and my father LOVES the chinese buffet down the road! I need to be strong...I know I can do it I know I can do it! HELP!

I have my breakfast planned out so I know I can stay OP there. Then hopefully they won't want to go out for lunch. We can eat here. I will have salad and water and more water!

Ok...I have to get my son dressed now and quickly clean out the back seat of the car from all the toys. We will be taking my car with the car seat. Besides, theirs will be packed to the hilt anyway!

Have a great day! I hope the site is stilll running when I come back!

Michelle

Grannie39074
03-23-2002, 09:32 AM
:spin: :spin: :jig: DH comes home today:spin: :spin: :jig:

Hope all is well with everyone. I have already been up and stripped my bed and remade it. I have to go shopping for food before DH gets here.
My son took me out to dinnerlast night. Wasn't that sweet. I did ok. we went to a seafood buffet but I can't eat my monies worth.

Hope we get our gifs back.

I know what you mean about holey panties. :lol: :o

Queen: aren't you so lucky:lol: to have such wonderful new outfits.
well I better go so I can eat and go shopping.

prism
03-23-2002, 10:53 AM
Good morning (4:30am),

QueenB, you're a great daughter not to say anything. I used to wear those outfits until I spoke out and told my mom, "why don't you buy the same styles/colors you wear?" It's odd, but she has the most lovely, elegant taste for herself. Her daughters receive old fashioned, frumpy, clothes. I'll never forget her trip to Portugal. On the way back, she bought me a mumu from Honolulu. It was black with bright turquoise and red ruffles on the puffed sleeves and hem. It looked so folksy and Portuguese. I wore it to work though. Turned the sleeve ruffles under. For those who made comments at work, I would lift up my arms and dance. :dizzy: I used to help her buy Christmas/birthday presents. No more, everyone has to suffer like me. I traded in my mumu for power tools this past Christmas. Say it's too big or tight and give it to a cousin. I do that all the time. :lol:

Today is Saturday. What to do today. Clean house and shop. I should sew something and stay off the computer. We'll see.

Be strong :strong:
Malia

LuckyLadyBug
03-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Malia What do you sew? I need to get a new machine this year. I want to sew quilts...I think. :lol:
LOVED the mumu story. Congrats on the 2lbs and I know your job will turn out to be exactly what is best for you.

Tina No Thanks.... I appreaciate the thought but I have to wear a uniform to work each day. I didn't like the idea but after hearing these stories I have to be thankful. We order our suits and they are fitted for our bodies. Nothing you would like Tina - black and tan suits with cream blouses or sweaters. Not a sail boat anywhere! :lol:

Michelle Good luck with your eating and family !!!! (maybe they will bring you a new outfit :s:

I will be using these "smilies" until they inspire me to actually
DO what they are.
:strong: :sheep: :strong: :sheep:

thinthinker
03-23-2002, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: Hope you are all enjoying a nice Saturday. I've got soooo much to do and no ambition to do it! :mad: Not sure why I feel this way.

I had veggie soup, 1/2 apple and a 1/2 orange so far today. I'm trying to keep up the loss, however meager, for Monday. We're off to a steakhouse for dinner tonight and my cousin brought oodles of lake perch over last week that we're doing a fish fry with tomorrow night. I hope to be able to do some up 'oven fried' instead of with alot of oil. Wish me luck. You know how much I DON'T cook! :eek:

On the subject of UGLY CLOTHES, I have to say that I stopped anyone buying any clothing for me years ago. Told them all that the only place I could get something to fit was through a catalog and that I would really prefer the money or a gift certificate. Unfortuneately, I'm one of those that think I will look thinner in dark clothes so my entire wardrobe is either black or navy blue, how boring!!!

I have another really hectic week scheduled for this next week. Hope I survive! :spin:

Michelle: 7.2 pounds! Woohoo!! Great Job! * These last couple of weeks I've been doing alot of merchandising jobs. I have been going into K-Marts and setting a new plus size line of Playtex bras. Actually, they are very nice except that most of them are underwires! YUCK! But they do have a white, leopard print and hot pink that are not. I bought one of the leopard prints a couple of weeks ago and a hot pink (oooo la la) one the other day! Look out DH, here I come!! :o

Lona: I'm glad you're able to find us on a regular basis now. It's good to have you here. * My mom's birthday is July 16th too. :)

Duckie: It doesn't take long for us to get through with a thread. Sometimes I find it doesn't pay to not be hear everyday, it just feels so overwhelming to come back after a time and try to catch up.

LuckyLadyBug: Hope the test on investments went well. * The holey underwear story was a hoot! But like the others, I've been there and done that. I just went through the laundry basket and pulled out all the ones that have lost all their shape and I'm now throwing them away, thanks to your inspiration. I figure that was such a yucky feeling, I would pitch them before it happens again. :lol:

2cute: Sounds like you have been a cleaning cyclone this past week. Are you 'nesting'???? Hope you stop and take a minute for yourself once in awhile. * How was your day out with your daughter? What did you go to see at the movies??

Jen: Your WI (not Wisconsin) wasn't totally doomed. You have been doing so well, don't sabotage yourself with those pessimistic thoughts.

Malia: The Chicken Caesar Salad sounded wonderful! Have you found a 'lite' Caesar dressing that you like? I haven't really looked. * I hope you get out of this limbo that you're in in regards to your job real soon. It's not fun to be caught not knowing what's going on next.

Katrina: Hope you're doing well.

Tina: Just think, you're going to have a whole closet full of new clothes. Not sure just what kind of 'inspiration' they are though! :lol:

Joe anne: It's good to see you! I'm glad you're still going well. Stop in more often, we really miss you.

Mary: Sounds like you've been making very good use of your time without the hubby. Sooooo ambitious! * Your dinner with your son sounds great. Glad you did well OP.

Gotta run. Doing the Saturday laundry thing. I take #2 son back to college on Wednesday and I want to get all his stuff washed so he can get packed up. Love to all.

"It seems to me that trying to live without friends is like milking a bear to get cream for your morning coffee. It is a whole lot of trouble, and then not worth much after you get it." - Zora Neale Hourston

MichelleK
03-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Good afternoon!

I think I managed to get through breakfast ok...I did use some points though. I had potato skins with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese with scallions. They were really really good and filling. You got 4 whole big potato halves and I only ate 2. I also sampled some of my father's chipped beef on waffle...I know I know...so much fat! I had tea with lemon and grapefruit juice. I haven't eaten lunch so hopefully that will wash itself! I just have no control in a restaurant.

I'm not sure what dinner is going to be...we may just order something out and have it delivered to the house. If thats the case then I will order a salad and eat my hoppin' john I made in the crock pot this morning from the WW crock pot cookbook. It is really good and only 5 pts for 1 2/3 cup serving! Its pretty filling.

Lucky...I didn't get an outfit...my son gets everything now...I have been kicked to the curb! LOL My mother did buy me 3 new bras last week and mailed them to me. I don't know what that was about...maybe I was sagging or something back in Feb. when I was visiting them for a week. I was afraid to ask! I have my mom's lane bryant charge card in my name. So when I need clothes I just buy them and she pays the bill.....I am spoiled! Always have been always will be!!

Quilts....I make quilts....I was teaching classes in Rhode Island...I would be happy to teach anyone who would like to come here! Anyone want to visit Pennsylvania? I hate to sew but I love to make quilts!

Thin...I hate the underwires too...I had two nice bras from Lane Bryant...both were cotton smooth nice colors and comfortable but the wire underneath broke on both of them. I was a little disappointed because I liked them and they weren't cheap!

Malia....sounds like a lovely dress! Send it to Queen B I think she would LOVE it!

Mary...I was up at 5:30 this morning getting dressed and cleaning out my car of all the toys so my parents could ride in it to breakfast. At least I cleaned my house on thurs and fri so I didn't have to run around doing that too! It was freezing out there at 6 am this morning!

QueenB....you have a lovely mother to think of you like that and buy you clothes! Want a new dress? I hear Malia has one!!

Jen that must have been hysterical both of you exchanging the exact same sweater at the exact same time!

Duckie...the key to suceed is journaling! The program does work! It just takes getting use to making the changes. We all hate change. Thats a good idea hanging the jeans in sight to give you some incentive. I have clothes in size 28 down to size 14. I would love to get back into my 14 black jeans again! Even though I didn't see the weight loss I felt better and could do so much more like get off the floor when I was sitting there!

Joe Anne sorry to hear about your husbands nephew. Children are so precious.

2Cute...where are you? I need to see your humor back here. Give yourself a rest and come post you busy bee!

Wackoyako where are you today and Kat? Come out and play.

Well since I babbled enough for one post I will go tend to my baby brat. He wants to play ball. I will catch up to you all later. Have a great day! Michelle

katrinabgood
03-23-2002, 02:57 PM
Hey gang...

Boy, this week flew by so fast, I haven't even posted on this thread! Busy, busy, busy...my daughter's show started Thursday night, we've been to both so far and are going back tonight for the final performance...it is amazing what these kids have done! They're doing "A Chorus Line," and they are wonderful. Most of the girls have had dance classes most of thier lives, but the boys who have just learned these steps are really great too!

I've been to Curves four out of the last five days...I love it! Missed yesterday and felt deprived. Food/water has been good too, I just stocked up on fruits and veggies, so I'm set for another week.

DH leaves tomorrow for a business trip for the next 4 days...the only good thing is I won't have to cook for a few days...not that i won't cook, it just won't be TOO involved...he likes (and deserves) a hot meal when he gets home from working a 12 hr shift...I'm just as happy with a sandwich or soup, even cereal!

Would love to stay and chat about holey undies and the merits of non-underwire bras, but I really should put the groceries away...will try to get back later...

Have a fun filled Saturday!

LuckyLadyBug
03-23-2002, 07:59 PM
I have some questions.

"They" say we shouldn't eat until we are hungry. By the time I am hungry there isn't time to cook and I will head for "bad" food. If I cook I overeat. Today I had chicken, asparagus and rice but ate too much of it.

I, like you Kat, am satisfied with soup, cottage cheese etc. but then wonder about my vitamin & mineral intake. ( I do take these in pill form also)

I guess what I am trying to say as if I eat like the "diets" and doctors tell us I will most certainly overeat. If I listen to my body I may not get the nutrients I need.

Or have I been misled about it all???????

This is what happens when I exercise...I went for a walk and "thought"!!!!! :smug:

joe anne
03-23-2002, 08:02 PM
Ok here is my clothes story, I wear about a size 24-22, which are hard to find in this little town and if I do they are expensive.
Well my 14 year old daughter thinks my clothes look better on her or least thats what I am thinking. Anyway she is only about a size14 maybe 16 and she shares clothes with her cousins. So here I am on my way to my sister house and my niece is wearing my jacket which happened to cost me $40 and I had been wondering where it went. So I was trying not to be mean :s: when I really wanted to go rip it off her but I kept my cool and asked for it back explaining that big girls like me need all the clothes that we can find that fit and I would like my jacket back. She did give it to me but not after feeling embarressed in front of her friends. I know I was probably cruel but I do need my clothes.
SOON I will be wearing their clothes now thats something to look forward to. :lol:
Ok now I off to a fun fun weekend so I'll see you all lighter
Joanne;)

Jehari
03-23-2002, 11:31 PM
Hey ladies!! WOW it's been busy in here!!

Today has been AWESOME!! I am below my calories for the day. I don't usually do that, but since I was so many over the past two days, I figure it's OK. And if for once I don't feel like eating, far be it for me to MAKE myself eat. Yesterday and early today was having HORRIBLE cravings. I didn't know if I was going to get back on the wagon today at first, but I did manage to do it. Even got in my exercise. I am just an emotional roller coaster right now. This single mother thing is tough and is stressing me out. As if on cue, my son is coming down sick and he was supposed to go to grandmas for spring break but will probably be home sick instead. AND I have mega PMS. But right now I'm having a happy moment so I'll go with it! :D

TT: Cookies were downfall this weekend too. I tried those dang Pepperidge Farms Milano cookies and was HOOKED. I ate the whole bag. Thank goodness they come in small bags!! :o

Tina: :lol: OMG That was a good laugh!! I can't wait to hear about the next outfit!!

Sorry to be short. A big HELLO to everyone else. It's been a hectic week/weekend and I'm a bit tired. I'll talk at ya tomorrow,
Jen

2cute2Bfat
03-24-2002, 03:34 AM
Hello everyone.
I have been very very busy.
I don't have time to respond tonight...it is late.
But I wanted to go ahead and start the new thread for in the morning.

DO NOT post here.
Instead come join us in #147 where we will continue.
See you all there. :wave: