Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #1  

Talking I know it's not much.

Well obviously I am new to the site and am thrilled to have found fellow WW's. I figured this was the place to share my excitement. I know it's not much but as of today I have lost 5 pounds and been eating healthy on the WW program as well as working out to 50 mins of hard cardio everyday for two weeks. I am a noob to the WW program and appreciate any help and tips I receive in advance!

Good luck to everyone on this hard journey!
AtownsMoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on the first 5, and good luck! WW is a very liveable program. I never tried Core, but I know for a fact that Flex can get you where you want to be!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations, it's very motivating, isn't it?
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:19 PM   #4  

Thanks ladies! Yes it is very motivating, I mean it's not a lot but I looked at the scale and was like "wow, I think I can do this" (5 pounds at a time, lol)

Oh and I am doing the Flex and it seems very easy, doesn't feel like dieting at all.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

Default so right

You're so right Atownsmom. I have been on WW Flex at-home since April 7, 2008. I have lost very steadily. I have never lost more than five or six pounds in my whole life. I have only felt that I was dieting when I get around a bunch of people eating pizza, which happened two nights ago, and I decided to eat it. I didn't have a horrible gain, no guilt, nothing. It was wonderful to not beat myself up for eating real pizza for the first time in about three months.

Good luck to you. "Five pounds at a time" should be a WW motto or something. I swear, it feels like it comes off five pounds at a time. I will lose five and stay there for about two weeks, and then, pow, another five pounds. Wierd.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:10 AM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I think that's super news! Well done and great attitude about it being 5 lbs. at a time. That's how I look at it too. For me, even 10 lbs. sounds like a lot but if I break it down to 5, then I get to reach a goal more often and that sure does feel good! I've been rewarding myself w/ manicures, pedicures, new songs for my iPod, facial and clothes. The more expensive rewards come after 10 lbs., but 5 lbs. gets me something, which is better than nothing! Truth be told, it's not the rewards that motivate me at all, but they just give me a real sense of accomplishment!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #7  
I'm back!

S/C/G: 144/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Great job on losing that first 5! I'm sure you will lose the next 5 in no time!
Lil Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspank View Post
You're so right Atownsmom. I have been on WW Flex at-home since April 7, 2008. I have lost very steadily. I have never lost more than five or six pounds in my whole life. I have only felt that I was dieting when I get around a bunch of people eating pizza, which happened two nights ago, and I decided to eat it. I didn't have a horrible gain, no guilt, nothing. It was wonderful to not beat myself up for eating real pizza for the first time in about three months.

Good luck to you. "Five pounds at a time" should be a WW motto or something. I swear, it feels like it comes off five pounds at a time. I will lose five and stay there for about two weeks, and then, pow, another five pounds. Wierd.
I know!!! lol, I feel the same way, the only time I ever feel like I am restricted to real dieting is when I am out and "bad" food is around me. lol I have had a couple little slips but it was nothing major.

Congrats on such a great loss too! I hope to be 45 pounds lighter 3 months from now!
Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone for all the congrats and support! It feels great to get that. And rewarding yourself sounds like a great idea. That would only further motivate me to push harder just to get a nice manicure, or new pair of shoes!!
Old 07-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 289.5/278/145

Height: 5'4"

I realize that quite a few people have already said this but, Congratulations! 5lbs is huge accomplishment! And it's just so much fun to celebrate every 5lb loss. It really keeps one's motivation going.

Wishing you more 5lb losses.
LeeZaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 AM   #11  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

That's amazing! It's really exciting, isn't it?
Jeannette311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:09 AM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Congrats on shedding the first 5 lbs - I know there will be many more! :-)
You are on the right track with diet and exercise. And welcome to 3FC!
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 136/132/118

Height: 5'7

Congrats!!!! 5 lbs. is a great start and a wonderful motivator to losing more.
Slim81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #14  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations! I personally think that every single pound we lose is a HUGE victory and deserves to be celebrated! Keep up the great work!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote