General chatter - Most Embarrassing Moment ?? I have a few...

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Just curious, and I could use some laughs... Will you share a moment ?.. but lets not get into weighty issues...
I was telling a co-worker this story today, hence the thread...

I was newly promoted to a semi-important marketing position, the VP of Marketing asked me to go with him to a new client meeting to do meets and greets... Great I thought... nervous as heck though... The morning of the appt. it was raining, I was running a little late :dizzy:, threw on my nifty trench coat and drove 30 miles to work... I rushed into the office all excited about the new clients... I had stopped for coffees.. I peeled off my 'trench' coat and WA-LAH... I had no skirt on...... YUP... I was standing there in my slip... I thought I felt a little draft in the car.. LOL.... Alrighty-then... this is professional........ Well, long story short... I went skirt shopping with my new VP !! his treat... scored a nice black wool skirt........ never-ever, lived that down...

OK Your Turn...

PhotoChick
07-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I used to work in the training center for very large company. One day I was standing in the break room making coffee and I could feel my pantyhose sliding down my legs. I walked as quickly as I could with my knees pressed together, zipped into a breakout room, shut the door, hiked my skirt up, turned around and there were 4 students in a breakout session (all men, of course) sitting there staring at me.

At the same job, one day I was handing out class materials. The instructor was at the front of the room and the tables were in an open U shape. I was inside the U walking around and without warning, the strap on my slip broke and it slid right out from under my dress and puddled on the floor at my feet. I just stepped out of it, picked it up, and carried on. But I know my face was at least 5 shades of red.

Owning my own business has it's share too.

One time I was on the phone with a client. I had just gotten off hte phone with my husband so as the conversation with my client ended, I said "Ok that sounds great. We'll talk tomorrow then. Love you!!! Bye." The client *never* let me live it down. :)

Hm. Yeah, I could go on forever. Apparently I am ( a ) not very graceful and ( b ) tend to talk before I think. It's gotten me in trouble more than once. :)

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2008, 07:55 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

moony
07-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Second time I ever hung out with my now-boyfriend, he picked up our mutual friend, my best friend of years, and drove to meet me at the library. She'd just gotten back from vacation. I was so excited to see her (and Jesse, of course, who even then I had a huuuuuuuge crush on) I started to run down the library steps to hug her.
My feet flew out from under me and I slid allllllllll the way down on my back, coming to a stop with my legs under Jesse's car. My friend laughed until she was crying hysterically, but Jesse didn't laugh until he'd helped me up, cleaned me off, and I climbed up the steps to reenact my fall. Hakuna matata, right?

mamaspank
07-02-2008, 12:56 AM
My uncle needed a part for their outdoor pool (they lived in Southern Cali) and I was visiting from Idaho. I think I was 12 or 13. My uncle, cousin, and I all went to the pool store to pick up this part and grab dinner afterward.

This store was pretty large and in the middle of the store was a portable pool, about 15 feet around. In the middle was a little fountain of a dolphin spitting water out of his nosehole. I, for some reason, felt summoned by this little fountain and wanted to touch the water coming out of the nosehole. I reached in a little too far and fell in this pool, which by the way was completely full of water. A ton of water came gushing out of this pool because one of my legs was weighing down an edge of the pool, perpetuating the situation. '

Most of my body was completely submerged. I laid in that pool for a few seconds because I was so scared to get up. I knew that I was going to get it and that people had most likely witnessed my spectacle. I wish I could have taken a picture of the people entering the store who saw me walking out of that store completely clothed and soaking wet. I laugh really hard when I think of that story today. I am laughing now.

Apple Cheeks
07-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Okay, this story is NOT for the squeamish: it's both pretty disgusting and very embarrassing!

One day I was at a restaurant with two of my friends, both guys. (Well, one and a half guys, since one was gay ;)). As I sat there enjoying my breakfast I felt this "pop" inside me.......down there. Then I felt a warm gush......down there.

Almost immediately, I felt a spreading warmth which rapidly inched up my rear end. With dread I put a hand to a spot near the top of my butt on top of my shorts. It felt wet. Gulp. I then discretely looked at my fingers. Yup. I saw blood. I had started my period early, in very dramatic fashion. Gasp! :(

I had to quietly ask one of my friends if he had a jacket in his car (thankfully he did), and had him go get it while I explained to my other friend what was going on. Once I had the jacket tied around my waist to hide the giant mess, I gingerly slid out of the booth, and saw a bright puddle of blood all over the seat. And yes, it was a small puddle. Ick!

I made a beeline to the restroom, cleaned myself up as best I could, and slinked out of the restaurant to the car with the jacket still tied around my waist as my friends paid the bill. On the way out, I noticed a busboy cleaning up the booth as I hurried past. :o

It was probably the most mortifying event of my entire life!