WW Clubs and Groups - #202 Bale of Turtles Facing Facts!!!!

Itryharder
07-01-2008, 08:38 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

CherryAutumn
07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Well the last few days i have struggled with my depression and it really has an adverse effect on my eating healthy. I have not given up though and am still determined to make this work. I did do some dancing around with the kids for exercise and man was my heart pumping after a few minutes. Hope everyone is staying positive and working hard toward their goals.

Princess1122
07-03-2008, 09:15 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday... best wishes for a very Happy Fourth of July to everyone! We will have some company over tomorrow and then heading to Lake Michigan on Saturday to take my mom to the beach for the day. Sunday will be yard work, etc. I most likely will not make it to W/I on Saturday as we need to leave early in the morning for travel.

I am struggling with my eating right now also and have not been exercising at all this week other then yard work. I will get back at it though.

Off next week for vacation, will be at home doing things around the house as DH vacation request was revoked due to "business needs"... talk about pissed off! Oh boy was he mad! It did not make me very happy either as we had made some plans... but my house is in desperate need of a very good cleaning so I will be working on that.

Keep at it everyone... even the gains, depressions, pain, etc can not keep us turtles down for long!

Princess

Itryharder
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Turtles, I hear you all. I'm having a tough time too doing everything right and gaining three pounds. I think it's the weather and too much salt and exercising well again for the first time in a long time.

Have a great fourth and we'll all be on the right track soo.

However, we can do this we are doing this and we will do this!!! :goodvibes: to us all.
Judy

bandit2
07-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Happy July 4th to all of you! Hope you are having a great holiday.

I did my w/i today & was down 1.8# - but remember last week I had that big gain, so I still am up.

Tomorrow I am having a few cousins and friends (all female) to trailer for a "ladies day" so that should be fun. Judy - I am making your veggie pie & sure everyone will like it as much as myself. We are also having lean burgers.
And some munchie type stuff & of course, some "cocktails" - overall should be a good day. The weather is suppose to be great so we should get in a swim & big walk.

Anyway, have a great time!

Itryharder
07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Hi Turtles,
I have had a total meltdown with food and attitude. See Cherry--it can happen to all of us. However, today I am working on baby steps and promise myself that I can overcome this.

Sending :goodvibes: to all of us. We seem to need it right now.

:bravo: to Bandit for knocking off some of the gained weight. Weigh to go!
Love, Judy

bandit2
07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi turtles:

Had a great weekend - the weather was wonderful & everyone had fun.

Judy - your veggie pie was quite a hit - everyone loved it!
Sorry to hear about your meltdown but as you know we have all been there.
Heres to you getting back on track.

Hope everone is enjoying themselves.

Itryharder
07-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, so glad the veggie pie worked out well. and many thanks for the words of encouragement.
Love, Judy

Princess1122
07-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! I am struggling too... eating things that I normally would not touch! Not sure what is happening but I fear some of it is emotional as the whole neck/back thing is kind of getting to me and DH has much stress at work right now and the pours over into our home life.... oh well, I will just keep at it!

I cleaned my whole kitchen yesterday, ugh! Washed walls and everything, the only thing I did not get to was the inside of the cabinets... I worked for over six hours on everything else and then had to get out into the yard to get the grass mowed before the storms came through last evening. I will work on the cabinets some time this week along with going through the closets, etc.

It is nice to not be at work this week... but since I need that darned old paycheck it is back to work on Monday :D

Bandit: Sounds like fun at the trailer! Girls weekend, what a dream!

Judy: I am struggling too... badly right now. Sigh, all's we can do it get back at it I guess.

I will check in again soon!
Princess

bandit2
07-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Princess - sounds like you are working hard at home. Have to get back to work to relax abit. Sometimes that is the way it seems. There is always stuff to do when you have a house. But, good for you for tackling such a big job - must make you feel good with all that done!

Yes we had a nice girls weekend - even got a campfire going!

Judy,Cherry, Ladybug - hope you are all doing well.

It has been very hot/humid up here the last few days & a few storms around us, but we just got rain. But as I said before - I don't like to complain about the heat because at least it is not freezing rain - that will be back soon enough.

Have a great OP turtle day!

Itryharder
07-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi Turtles,
I made myself go to WW's today. The news was as I feared. Last week I exercised great and kept on Flex perfectly all week and gained three pounds. I was so frustrated I said, "What the heck" and ate myself into oblivion. So as a consequence I'm up a total of 5.8# Egads!!!! Not good. I know I'm being rebellious, reacting to emotions about my family that need to be addressed in healthier manner, and am just sick and tired of dieting. And yes, this is a healthy lifestyle change but there's a kid inside me saying why aren't banana splits in my lifestyle?????? It isn't fair. Well something happened a bit ago and I need to write it down and get rid of it and I promise I will do that tomorrow. I'll write it and burn it and get rid of it creeping into my thinking.

Now I have to get and stay on track. Princess, I hear you and I'm there too.
W hat I know is that we all have the wherewithall to get on top of these feelings and be proud of ourselves on Labor DAy weekend. Day by day, hour by hour, meal by meal I can do this and I am doing it!

Bandit, thanks for your encouragement and cheerful posts. They help a lot.
Princess, you're doing a lot and I'm sending you :strong: to help you accomplish what you want to accomplish at home. Economic times are tough right now. My new son in law is having trouble finding a job, so that makes things tense for my dd. Send some goodvibes via cyber space that things work out for them.

In the meantime I bless my lucky stars that I've got the Turtles to vent to and encourage and support as the circumstances change. Here's :woo: that we all do a little better this week and can report back that we've got a
:goodscale: :goodvibes: and a :hugs: to us all.
Judy

bandit2
07-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Good morning, turtles:

Judy - I hear what you are saying. I also have "emotional triggers" so fully understand how you feel. I think it is good you are in the mindsent of
"let it go" - sounds easy, but is difficult to do. Hope you find your inner strentgh I know you have.

Princess - hope your back is feeling better.

Seems we have a few turtles MIA - hoping they are good & find their way back.

In meantime - I have had a pretty good week foodwise so hoping for some kind of weight loss this week. Will w/i Sat a.m. since I am going to trailer tonight after work & staying up there for tomorrow - it is suppose to be great pool weather.

Have a great OP day!

Itryharder
07-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, thanks so much for your thoughtful post. It makes me know that I can do this. Good luck for a :goodscale: tomorrow and enjoy your time at the pool and trailer this weekend.

Thank goodness today and even last night have been much better. My eating is closer to being on track and as Ikeep this up I'll lose weight this week.

Princess, here's :goodvibes: that you feel better and enjoy your week off at home. I remember when I was working that I couldn't wait for a long weekend or a vacation break to clean out closets. I know that sounds so lame, but don't you just get to a point where you see so much that has to be done and you wonder how you can get to it? (I love having found flylady.net because she helps me keep my house in order and WW and the Turtles help me get my eating in order)

Bandit and Princess and Chrily and Cherry and Ladybug and Slugbug--here's such an insightful thought that may help turn things around: My WW friend saw this in Dr. Oz's book: Make believe you're traveling to Thinville. You have to cross a bridge to get there. Well, you miss the turn and fail to pick up the bridge. Now your GPS is not going to yell at you and tell you you're stupid for missing the turn!!!! It is going to tell you to make the next available U turn and get to the bridge to your destination!!! It will not make you drive over a cliff because of a mistake. There's a wonderful lesson there, buddies, so let's all lighten our individual guilt when we're not perfect and keep on making those U turns to get to goal.

God Bless!
Judy

CherryAutumn
07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Judy - Thanks for that encouraging thought. While i have not bee posting i am still reading posts. I had a change in my depression meds so i am working with those changes.

Princess - Hope you are feeling better.

Bandit -Hoping your WI goes well on Saturday. Update us on that.

Well i am maintaing my weight at 227.4 but i really want to make the changes that i need to Take care of myself. It is not easy but no one said it would be. I did get up this morning, put on exercise outfit, and did 1 mile walk away the pounds!!!! It has been months since i have motivated myself enough to do that. So feeling good about that decision.

Itryharder
07-11-2008, 11:08 AM
:bravo: :woo: :cheer: :strong: :tread: okay, okay, Cherry--you get the picture. Good for you for getting in the walk! Weigh to go. You can do this--and so can we all.

Have a great weekend, everybody!
Judy

bandit2
07-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Morning Turtles:

Well, I had my w/i and was up 1# - I was very good at beginning of week, but had too much bread the last couple of days. So, I guess that is what did it. But meeting was good & very motivating, so hopefully get my butt back on track.

Judy - that message is very true, thanks!

It is very hot up here - I stayed at trailer Thurs night and came home for mtg. - my daughter is there now with some friends, so I might just have a relaxing day at home.

Anyway, hope we all have a great week & lose some weight. Good luck!

Itryharder
07-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Bandit, I know what you mean. When I eat more bread even within the allowable points, my weight doesn't budge as well===and yet the problem is that I really like bread. I'm sending you :goodvibes: to knock off some more weight. Enjoy your weekend!!!

What is it about the summer anyway? I never put into thought that it's not easy to lose weight in the summer and yet every summer I have stopped going to WW's and rejoin at the very end of August. Oddly enough I do well
right through Christmas so what is this about????? I am going to change that pattern and do well this summer and make it a first where I weigh less at Labor Day than Memorial Day. (for the non-USA'ers that's beginning of Sept. and end of May.

:bravo: to us all for keeping this site going!
Judy :cool:

CherryAutumn
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. Been real busy with the two little ones. I will try to post again soon.

Princess1122
07-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Afternoon everyone! I am back at work today, it sure is hard to be here after having a week off! I was not good at either eating or exercising over my vacation.. but as of today I am back on track!

Hope all is well with everyone... I will post more tomorrow but have lots of catch up to do today.

Princess

bandit2
07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Princess - glad you had a nice holiday. You really have done great with your weight loss - any tips for us "backsliders" would be appreciated.

Itryharder
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Turtles,
Bandit, thanks for keeping us going! :grouphug:
Princess, glad you had a good vacation. It's good to hear you're back on track.:bravo:
Cherry, we know you're busy with the little guys. Do the best you can. :cheer:

Things go well here. It's late and I'd like to eat, but I'm not going to!!!!
:woo:
Let's get this group going! We can do it!!!

bandit2
07-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi turtles:

Had good day yesterday with my menu & had nice chicken caesar salad for supper & having regular salad with leftover chicken for lunch.

Tonight, gf coming & we are having pork tenderloin with rice & salad & of course, our wine.

Cut grass last night since it was cooler than has been in awhile, but I was very hot & tired when finished.

So, hoping all you turtles are staying OP!

Princess1122
07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Howdy all! It is warm here also but it was cooler yesterday and with less humidity so like Bandit I cut grass last night also and a bunch of other yard work and will be out again this evening working on some more along with cleaning up the garage... ugh, it is a cluttered mess.

Not many words of wisdom coming from me lately... I am having a hard time getting it all back together too. I am just trying to remember why I started back to WW two years ago and it was to get healthy and fit... that is what I keep telling myself... LOL.

Still trying to catch up here at work so I have to sign off for now.

Princess

Itryharder
07-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi Turtles,
Boy, this must be time to weed and mow because I"ve spent a couple of days doing the same thing. The yard looks so much better now. I got several bagsful of yard debris to the curb and the town came through and collected it so that's a good thing.

Food is going much better. I made an Impossible Veggie Pie with broccoli and it is really good. I had a simple hardboiled egg sandwich for lunch and it was a nice change from a turkey sandwich. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Not easy getting back on track but I've made some small progress and that's a good thing.
I also worked on my quilt today. I'm making a small quilt for Christmas. It's
a simple one--the fabric is all one piece with printed patches of Christmas motifs on it. I have bordered the fabric with solid green and then a darling green Christmas tree print after that. I've got the top and bottom and batting basted together and I think I'll try sewing some rows now. Remember how Ariana would talk about her quilting? It's a good hobby for me.

Take care and be well and let's work this boot camp without beating ourselves up!
Judy

CherryAutumn
07-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Sorry I have not posted lately. As you can see by my ticker I have gained most of my weight back. I have not given up though. I was down to 229 this morning. I am feeling so tired this morning so i won't write to much.

Hello to all the Turtles. Hope you have an OP day!

bandit2
07-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - hope you saved me a piece of your pie, that is now one of my favourite recipes & hope the rest of the turtles trying making it.

Cherry - hang in there, we can do this together. Remember - Baby Steps

I seen this on the forums & brought today for breakfast:

1 banana (I cut down middle) wrapped in small tortilla with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. This was very good & filling. Mine was 6 points, but worth it for sure. Easy on the go breakkie!

Hope you all have a great day!

Itryharder
07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi Turtles,
I went to WW WI this morning and lost 2.6# I've got lots more to go but at least I'm heaDING in the right direction.

Princess, here's :goodvibes: to keep on track. You've helped us all through these last couple of years and we're here for you too.

Bandit, thanks for the recipe for breakfast on the go. It sounds yummy. :chef:

Cherry, remmeber you can do this. Don't beat yourself up, just write down what you eat and eat good foods. :bravo:

Take it easy and let's get thinner by the end of the summer!
Judy

Princess1122
07-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday! As of today I am seriously back on track... went swimming last night at the YMCA and it felt great but would have felt much better if I was in better shape and not carrying as much weight around. So I have made up my mind to simply follow the plan, exercise like I should and get some hobbies going to keep me busy.

My vegetable garden is doing really well now that the rains have let up a bit. Picked some green peppers and a couple of green beans last evening and will have some cucumbers coming in soon... really eager for the tomatoes to start turning red! I am going to try and can or freeze as much as possible this year, with food prices going thru the roof every little bit helps. I have been going to the farmers market on Saturday mornings and even their prices are sky high... ugh! But I love the farmers market! We have a few small ones scattered around the area, no really large ones like we have back in Pennsylvania but the smaller ones are nice too.

It is hot here! Oh Lord it is getting hot... I don't mind so much but DH hides inside in this hot and humid weather... he is a cool weather kind of guy... LOL. I gave our black lab a bath yesterday afternoon, have to do her outside with the hose as she will not get in the bath tub and she is too big and heavy to argue with... She is very partial to DH, he calls her his "princess" and the whole time I was bathing her she had a look on her face that said something like "I am soooo going to tell my daddy when he gets home!!!" LOL... she smells better though! :D. Dropped one of the other dogs off at the groomers this morning on my way to work for a bath and cut so she is not happy with me either... there will be no peace for me in the house tonight I fear... LOL.

Judy: Congrats on the 2.6... very awesome! You are on your way now!

Bandit: Your breakkie sounds wonderful and very portable! I eat mine at work so portable is the name of the game for me.

Cherry: Like Judy says, baby steps!

Part of me has a mental bloke and I tend to sabotage myself every now and then, I do really well and then hit a wall. Well as this is truly a lifestyle change I guess that is something that I need to work on. For me... this is not only a lifestyle change but a huge mental shift also... I need to stop making excuses for myself when I hit a wall and learn to pass through the wall instead of stopping in front of it for a few days... easier said then done but something that I need to learn to do.

If anyone has been watching the Olympic trials (swimming) that Dara Torres is a huge inspiration to me... 41 years old and has the most incredible shape/tone/muscles I have ever seen. I maybe five years older then her but she still puts me to shame when I look in the mirror... 41 and is whipping the pants off of women half her age... what dedication and perseverance she must have every single day.

Princess

Itryharder
07-17-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey Princess, you're sounding like the gal we know and love!!! Glad to have you back on track. I sabotage myself all the time over the least little things.
It's definitely something I am working on and I aim to get this right.

I love that you're going to can tomatoes. I did that for years when I was younger and there is nothing like homegrown tomatoes in the winter. And now I use canned tomatoes in so many more food recipes than I did earlier. Then I pretty much made spaghetti sauce. Now I use tomatoes with rice and crockpot dishes. Yes, food prices are going through the roof.

Last night already wasn't great, but I pointed it out recorded it and I'm considering myself on track. Tonight dh and I are heading out to dinner and we're having a couple of BBQ's over the weekend, so we'll be sociable, but I've got a new broccoli slaw salad to try and I know I can do this.

Bandit, keep up the good work!
Cherry, you can do this!
Onward and downward to us all. No sense in beating ourselves up AND no sense in going off program when we have 35 points to use and activity points if we need them.
good luck to us all! We can do this. :cheer: :cheers: :bravo: :clap:
Judy

bandit2
07-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Hi ladies:

Judy - WOW what a great weight loss! Good for you!

Princess - glad you are back on track & feeling better. And I know I sabotage myself as well. It seems when I do really well, I must think on some level that either I don't deserve to be thinner or that I do deserve extra treats.
Either thing is not good. So, something I also need to work on for sure.

I have done well this week & have gotten in 2 big walks (6 laps around track) with daughter at nearby school, as well as some swimming time at trailer.
But, this a.m. a croissant was left on my desk by co-worker & I ended up eating it (along with my breakast) - needless to say I was pretty full & felt
sooooooo guilty. So I didn't eat all my lunch. But still, I truly didn't need to have it, but I did. That is only thing this week I feel bad about.
Hoping it won't reflect at the scales!

I need to focus on just having what I have already prepared & planned for & just say NO to temptations.

Have a great day!

Itryharder
07-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Bandit, man--wouldn't you like to yell at the person who left the croissant?
Honestly, that wasn't helpful. However, I'm sending you :goodvibes: for your WI since you've had such a good week. Thanks for writing!! Glad you've gotten in your :strong: because in this humid weather I think it's great to get the exercise in.

Everybody, take care--I'm going to go for a swim and then figure out what to do with the rest of my day.

Good luck to us all!
'Judy

LaurenH
07-17-2008, 07:23 PM
God bless all of you for still being here! I thought I'd lost you. Couldn't remember where the Turtle Group was hiding on this board; it really is in a very hidden place. But here you are, still trooping! I am SO impressed with all of you. :hug:

Those of you who remember me, I lost a bunch of weight and then gradually gained about half of it back. A little more than half, actually. And I sort of dropped out from the group. (Spot the connection.)

About four months ago, I decided I had to do something. I had been counting, etc., but I just wasn't losing. So one day as I watched my cat, who was always hungry, I realized I needed a "me" in my life -- someone who would say "No, kitty, this is all you get today." So I decided to try a home delivery diet plan, where they send you all your food. After losing 7.5 pounds the first week, I was sold! (No, I haven't continued losing at that rate.) I realized I was eating waaaaaay too much food before and fooling myself into thinking I wasn't. I truly had no concept of what a serving size should be of *anything.*

So this has been very educational and beneficial, if expensive (the major drawback). I plan to keep doing it for as long as we're able.

So that's what I've been up to food-wise. I've lost 28.5 pounds since I re-started 15 weeks ago, which is an outstanding rate for me. If I keep going at this rate, I'll be back in "onederland" in late September, which would make me happier than I can say!

Now that I've found you all again, I'm looking forward to hearing more about how things are going in your life, what's working for you, etc.

Judy, God bless you for remembering Lin and me with each thread. You're such a sweetheart.

Princess1122
07-18-2008, 08:53 AM
Morning all and a very happy Friday to everyone! Welcome back Lauren! Glad that you found something that truly works for your weight-loss! Another hot and humid day here in the mid-west. I went swimming again last night, doing a couple more laps each time I go with a few rests in between laps ;) The scale is way up for me right now but I deserve what I get for the last few weeks of eating off plan... I will be at W/I Saturday morning though for a fresh number to get me re-started with.

I picked Gabbie up from the groomer on my way home last evening, she looks so cute! Kind of like a chubby black sheep... LOL. She needs more exercise too! Two dogs down, one to go, I will groom the last one at home this weekend as she is old and not very tolerant of the whole grooming process.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Princess

bandit2
07-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Morning, turtles:

Lauren - welcome back & congrats on your weight loss.

Princess - I am sure you wil be back down in no time, good luck tomorrow.

I also am going to w/i tomorrow a.m. since I am working today & have Monday off, so really hoping for a weight loss this week.
I really need to see the scales go down - gets so frustrating with the up/down thing, even though I know it is my own doing when I see a gain.

Anyway, have a great day!

Itryharder
07-18-2008, 12:38 PM
Lauren, Lauren, Lauren!!!! :bravo: :cheer: :hug: Ohmygod I am so happy to hear from you. Congrats on keeping off so much of your weight! That is a major accomplishment. And kudos for finding something that works for you.
I am so thrilled that you kept looking for us. Yes, we're way at the bottom of the site but we've got some steadfast contributers and we do help each other out. By the way, I'm still in touch with Sonia and she's doing very well. I've missed your good advice,so am very happy to hear from you.
And I do always remember you and Lin on the threads because you two have been so influential to me.

As for me, I'm struggling, but continue to go to WW's. Emotions and a lot of other nonsense like dh bringing food into the house late at night aren't helping so I think I have to get :strong: and say the heck with it and concentrate on telling myself no just as you did. Thanks for the words of encouragement and we're so happy that you're back.

Princess, your doggie tales are really fun to read. Hey, you wrote something that I relate to: you said you "deserve" to be way up in weight from the way you've been eating. You see-that's what I mean. Why do we overeat when we know the outcome? And then do we purposely continue our overeating to punish ourselves? What gives with this? Anybody got any input because I have struggled with self-sabotage for forever. I really want to get into onederland and I really mean it!! Now I"ve got to stop this pattern of good weight loss/ gain/loss/gain. I mean is anyone else sick of it????

Bandit, good luck today with your WI and keep on keepin' on!:goodscale:
Cherry and Ladybug and Slugbug and Chrily, we're sending :goodvibes: to you.

Itryharder
07-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Bandit, I took so long to write my post that our posts crossed in the mail!
Good luck on your WI tomorrow. Hey, it looks like we are all in the same place and have reached our "fed up" point. That means that some good things are going to happen.
I've gotta remember that I was down 2.6# this week and that is a very good thing!!!
Judy

LaurenH
07-18-2008, 03:06 PM
Please tell Sonia hello for me! Have you heard anything from Lin?

"Fed up point" is a great way to put it, Judy. I think we keep hitting them, and sometimes something "clicks." For me, it was the realization that I needed to shake things up and do something quite different for a while. Then I got excited again.

I also think sometimes deep down we don't really believe we can achieve our goals. So we don't. After years of not losing much of anything, I'd fallen into that trap. It took a week of trying something different before I saw that I really *could* lose weight again. That motivated me to keep on going.

So what would get you excited about losing weight right now?

bandit2
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi turtles:

Judy - fed up here for sure. I just think I have been doing this so long & have good results, then bad, then good etc.
I know what I need to do to get results - no mystery for sure.
Just have to keep it going more than 4 days a week. That seems to be my main problem. Good from Mon to Thurs then weekend comes, and usually get side tracked!

Itryharder
07-19-2008, 11:32 AM
I think the Turtles will win!!! You've got me thinking about what we can do to lose weight and you've got me thinking about being accountable and figuring out what I have to do to lose weight.

Bandit, would it help you if you posted your weekend menus here? Would it help if we were more active on the weekend with our posting? Would it help if we started Boot CAmp again and posted new short term goals?

Lauren, I sure will say hi to Sonia for you. I haven't heard from Lin and hope one day she'll chime in here again.

Princess, here's to more laps. Weigh to go!!!! It's been hot here and although I've been gardening, I sure haven't been doing any "real exercise" so guess what I'll be doing today?

I need to record a menu for the day. That will keep me heading in the right direction. My short term goal is 3# down by July 26th. :goodscale:

We're having a friend over today for a BBQ and tomorrow our kids and some of their friends are coming for a BBQ, so I'll have to plan this carefully.

chrily
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Hey ladies, I know its been a VERY long time since my last post. I've had so much happening and just couldnt' get it all together. I started getting sick in March again...same as last year and it just kept getting worse. I am back on my 2 anti-depressants for my panic disorder and I have been having troubles with my arthritis and weight gain and my cholesterol. I even ended up in the emergency room about a mouth ago with chest pains and thought it was my heart. Fact is that my body has been so off, I wasn't eating or drinking and I was dehydrated and having mutliple bad side effects of one of the medicines I was on, plus having problems with my hands going numb. Looks like I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel compliments of my rheumatoid arthritis.
Needless to say, it scared me to death again. I wasn't venturing out of the house and afraid to move. I finally got up the guts to enlist the help of a gal I met at church who manages the dietetic department at the hospital. She's helping me out some and I have lost a few pounds and am on Zocor for my cholesterol...Hopefully that improves and my risks go down.
I just fnished up my one summer class today, so now I have 1 1/2 months to work on me..and my husband's paper work. :dizzy: My littlest girl will be 6 in a couple weeks and my oldest just finished her driver's ed class and has her learner's permit. That's scary.... this has been a summer of milestones I guess.
Well I'd love to hear from you. Now that I have some more spare time, I'll try to keep up with everyone. I really really want to get back in the groove and get healthy and be here for my kids...I don't want to be overweight mom and I don't want to disappoint them any more. I promised that they could help me going shopping over 3 yrs ago for a new wardrobe when I got to goal...I'm sure they gave up on that one.

Talk to you soon...

Chris

CherryAutumn
07-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Judy, Lauren, Bandit, Princess, and Chrily. It is nice to read all of your posts. They are encouraging to me. I really don't know how i am going to get myself even remotely started on the right track again. One thing i hope will work is that my DH ordered the Wii Fit for me and for him to get some movement and exercise back into our day. I hope it is what we need to get motivated to be healthy.

Princess1122
07-21-2008, 10:33 AM
Morning all and a very happy Monday to everyone! Busy weekend here for me... got lots of yard work and grocery shopping done. I did go to W/I on Saturday morning and stayed for the meeting... I was up 4.2 lbs... HELLO! Wake up call for me. I can gain weight at the drop of a hat! So I recommitted and have been back on track! I did not get in any exercise other then yard work and walking around the farmers market but I am going back to my water aerobics classes on Monday and Wednesday evening and will get in a few evenings of walking in-between. Boy oh boy... there is nothing like gaining 4.2 lbs and seeing the gals face when she sees your number after you step on that scale! UGH!

Judy: How was your weekend?

Bandit: Did you go to the trailer this weekend?

Chris: So glad to see you posting again!

Lauren: Glad to have you back with us... so what diet plan are you currently doing?

Cherry: I hear that he Wii is a wonderful exercise tool!

Princess

LaurenH
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend. We visited my MIL, who lives right on the water. It was so relaxing to watch the huge Great Lakes tankers float by, the sailboats, the ferry ...

I'm just a half pound away from hitting my 30-pound mark since restarting this past spring. That's half of the weight I regained, so I'm excited. I just put a bunch of pairs of pants through the hot water cycle and the dryer in an attempt to make them smaller. It's a good feeling when clothes get too big!

Princess, I'm doing Pure Foods Fresh Start home delivery diet plan. It's expensive, but it's worth every penny to me right now. Nothing else was working, that's for sure!

Cherry, let us know what you think of the Wii Fit! I've been thinking of getting one of those. Have you ever tried it? It looks like a lot of fun!

Chris, panic attacks are NO FUN. I've had them, too. {{HUGS}} Glad to "meet" you!

Judy, your goal looks very do-able -- YOU CAN DO IT!

Bandit, why are weekends more difficult for you? Is it the change in routine? The feeling of being "on vacation"?

CherryAutumn
07-21-2008, 02:49 PM
Lauren - It is nice to meet you. No i have never gotten to try the Wii Fit. I certainly hope that it will be worth the money we paid for the whole thing. I definately think that it will up my movement through out the day if i use it.

Princess - Just keep on keeping on. You will be back down those 4 pounds in no time at all.

Judy, Chrily, Bandit - Thanks for all the support. We just have to keep moving forward no matter how slow.

chrily
07-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Hi all....Lauren nice to meet you too!

What a crazy day! I got a call tonight from my ex-SIL (but she always tells everyone we're still related, she is a great lady). Anyhow, my ex got in a bad accident yesterday. He was drunk and this is his 4th DUI so its a felony. I had to tell my daughter and not sure really what she thinks. She said he needs to quit acting stupid and straighten his life up. I guess he tried to kill himself a while back too and there has been so much going on with him. He kind of disappeared out of my daughter's life lately and was only calling her like once every two or three weeks. So this will likely be a prison term for him again. The first time was from his drinking too and he got sentenced with a felony assault. My SIL says she feel he is severly unstable and depressed ( the alcohol doesn't help in the slightest). The drinking was one of the reasons we divorced. Maybe they can get him the help he needs and force him into treatment. It's all actually a very sad story. He's had an alcohol problem since he was 16. He's lucky he hasn't gotten in deeper than he has so far.

Well enough of that. I didn't do so good eating today, but tomorrow is a new day and I'll be making better choices than I did today.

Night ladies. We can and WILL do this!!!

Princess1122
07-22-2008, 09:04 AM
Morning all and happy Tuesday! We had a huge thunder and lightening storm roll through here in the middle of the night... there were house fires all over the city, very scary but we were lucky and there were none in our neighborhood that I know of. I have been doing pretty good with the food this week and went to the Y last night, did my 16 laps which takes me about 25 minutes or so to do... I think I will go out for a walk this evening if the weather holds. I did make a batch of the WW vegetable soup on Sunday so I have been bringing that for my lunches this week. Most of the vegetables came from the farmers market or my garden which is a great feeling.

Chris: Your EX sounds like my first EX... Sigh... you can not help those that don't want to be helped... as much as you want to and it took me a very long time to figure that out. Best wishes for keeping on track with the eating and exercise, I think that staying on track would help you with all of your health concerns maybe a little, so that might be an incentive to you.

Lauren: You must be close to my neck of the woods if you were at the great lakes! We were up to Lake Michigan for a day at the beach around the 4th of July this year... it was a wonderful day and the size of the lakes still takes my breath away every time I see it.

Cherry: Yup, the 4 lbs will come off, I am just soooo mad at myself for putting it back on! UGH!

Judy: How are you doing so far this week?

Bandit: How did your WI go... did you post it and I missed it? I am a bit flighty this week so that would be likely... LOL.

Have a great day all!
Princess

chrily
07-22-2008, 03:29 PM
Princess, our farmers market just started this last weekend. My mom said there wasn't much in the lines of produce yet, but alot of baked goods and flowers. I'll have to wait a bit for the fresh stuff I guess. The soup sounds good though. I am having such a hard time finding stuff to eat anymore. Nothing sounds good or appetizing most days.

I hear you on the ex things. My SIL said she wishes she could help him out but she told his wife he hasn't changed after all the help they gave him before and she is all tapped out emotionally and mentally to do much more than praying for him. I don't know how he got so messed up. The last couple years I was with him were H*LL because of the drinking. Nasty fights and alot of bad feelings. I don't wish him bad and I still do care about him-I just wish he'd get a good knock on the head and straighten himself out. He could have killed somebody on Sunday. That's scary. His drinking and his wife (a drug user) are the reasons I told him he was forbidden to see our daughter. I'm not risking her safety for the sake of a father/daughter relationship. Not worth it. Well all I can do is pray for the guy. He has to make up his mind to get some treatment and counseling for himself.

I suppose I better go. I have a houseful of little people. I'm watching my sister's kiddos today and tomorrow. Gotta get some lunch in their tummies (and maybe a little in mine).

Hey, does anyone know if their is a thread on here that can outline a day to day meal plan for WW. My diet pitfall is meal planning. If I could simplify that by using someone else's meal plans I think I would do better.

Talk to you soon. I'll check back later today.

chris

Itryharder
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi TUrtles,
Yesterday I was sick and couldn't respond. Tomorrow I'll be able to chime in but I want you all to know that I'm here and reading your messages.
Good luck to us all.
Love, Judy

Princess1122
07-23-2008, 08:50 AM
Morning all and happy Wednesday! Pretty day here today, it is cooler this morning and the sun is shining... love it! I did not get a walk in last night, was not feeling great so I just kind of laid around after supper and went to bed early.

Judy: Sure hope you get to feeling better soon!

Chris: I don't know of any menu sites or threads... if you have the week one booklet from WW that has daily menus in it.

Have a great day everyone!

CherryAutumn
07-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Morning Turtles,

Still not doing good on my eating but i am getting much more exercise in the past few days. DH got us a Wii Fit so that we can work on getting in shape. We dont want to die early because we are so heavy and leave are 2 babies alone. We have had a lot of fun but at the same time it really gets me sweating. Now to get my eating in line to help things along. I will post more later.

bandit2
07-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Morning, turtles:

Hope everyone is having a great OP day.

I was down 1.6# at w/i Sat a.m. so was happy with that.

I think I am having trouble on weekends when I have company at trailer. Get in the mindset of "being on holidays" every weekend with extra drinks & snacks. Some weekends I am OK & try to get in some exercise while socializing.

This weekend I am going to my friends trailer at different park & we have already preplanned the menu so that is good. We are having crab-cakes, salad & side veggie.

Princess - hope you are back on track. You have worked so hard & done so well.

It is pouring rain up here today & suppose to rain for rest of week.
Hoping for improvement by weekend.

Thanks everyone for all your support!

LaurenH
07-23-2008, 06:15 PM
Hi, everyone -- cooler here, thank goodness; great walking weather. I have no excuse! Either tonight or tomorrow, I'm going to grab the Ipod and hit the pavement. Eating is going well still ... I'm really enjoying the program. I'm in my "slow loss" part of my monthly cycle, which usually lasts for about half the month now. That's OK; that's just how I lose. I've been VERY hungry lately, though. Not sure what's up with that.

My mom arrives tomorrow for a 10-day visit; brother arrives on Saturday. It'll be great to see them. No idea what to feed them, though ...

Judy, feel better, my dear. Being sick is no fun.

Princess, aren't the Great Lakes astonishing? I feel so lucky to live near them ("near" being a relative term here; it takes a good hour to reach one of them). Lucky you spending the Fourth on Lake Michigan!

Chris, I LOVE your avatar. Is that your kitty?

Bandit, congrats on that loss! That's excellent!

Cherry, I want to hear all about your Wii Fit! What kinds of exercises do you enjoy doing on it? I know nothing about it. Do you have to have bare feet, or can you wear shoes? I have to wear shoes, unfortunately, with my painful feet.

Must dash for now -- see you all soon. Have a lovely day.

Itryharder
07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Okay guys-this is the longest I have gone in ages without having time to respond. Today we lost our electricity and tomorrow the National Grid is purposely turning off our electricity to shore up our system. Egads! I am feeling better and am wishing you all :goodvibes: for all your challenges.
I will write as soon as electricity is back.
JUdy :cool:

Itryharder
07-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi Turtles,
I'm up early and beating the timed electricity shut-off here because I really wanted to write to you all. OUr site is doing awesome with all the posts and that's a really good thing. Egads, I sound like I'm 12 years old when I write!

Okay, I've got my head on straight. Last week was tough and I gained a pound at the WI. However, I got myself there and I'm doing better. My meals are planned for today and I've got a good attitude.

Cherry,Good luck with the Wii. It sounds like so much fun. My grandchildren have a machine and we all had so much fun with the bowling. Wii fit is sweeping the country by storm and I'm glad you are using it. :strong: As far as motivation, keep doing the program until it "clicks". Take a baby step at a time and you'll get there. :goodvibes:

Princess, I understand gaining weight so fast. It isn't fun and it isn't fair, it just is. I am so glad to hear that you have recommitted because you have a great weight loss and are very near your goal. Hey, garden veggies from your own garden--isn't that the best? :chef: I've been eating our fresh basil and cherry tomatoes and am waiting for the larger tomatoes and eggplant and peppers to mature. I'm glad you mentioned planting a garden earlier because that got me going and it's wonderful to have my tiny patch growing food.
That's horrible about the storms and fires, so glad you and dh are safe. We've had the storms and lightning--that's what put out our electricity yesterday--but as far as I know, no fires.

Lauren, you're so close to another milestone!!!! :bravo: :woo: :cheer:
1/2# from thirty down is fabulous! How nice to have to shrink clothes rather than stretch them. Congrats and I'm so glad to have you back. I'm thinking about your upcoming visits from your mom and brother and am wondering if you can pick up prepared meals at a local grocery store? Rotisserie chicken,
casseroles, etc. With your daily delivery of food you really don't want to cook a lot--I'm sending you :goodvibes: for an :idea: to fit here.

Chrily, Aren't you glad you have this site to talk about the things that are bothering you? :grouphug: I am sending prayers for your ex--it sounds like he needs lots of help. As far as meal plans, you might want to check out the Core site on WW's. Some of the girls there commit their meal plans every morning. Although it may not be exactly what you are looking for, it would be a good place to start. :chef:

Bandit, 1.6# down is fabulous!! Weigh to go! :bravo: :cheer: :clap:
That is a wonderful weight loss. It shows how you keep on keepin' on. As far as your weekends, it proves that planning and preparing will keep you on track.

As far as me, I'm doing better. I watched what I ate and didn't go bonkers the way I usually would when I'm at my dd's. I figure every small change I make will make the difference. I remember going into a drug store and always buying a candy bar that is so convenient near the cash register. I never do that anymore, so :bravo: for small changes! What did you used to do that you don't do anymore?

Judy
234.6/218/thinner into onederland :cool:

CherryAutumn
07-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Bandit - congrats on the 1.6 pounds down.

Princess - You can do this. You have worked so hard for it.

Judy - good to see that you are feeling better. Hope you can get back on soon.

Lauren - I looked in the Wii fit booklet that comes with it and it says to do the board in socks or barefeet to reduce the risk of slipping off of it. My feet did hurt the first couple days but it is getting better as I get use to it. I like to play tennis and golf with DH that is on the regular Wii. I also like to do the step classes, hula hoop and jogging on the Wii fit the most i think.

Itryharder
07-24-2008, 10:09 PM
Chrily,
Here's an idea for meal planning: Get to a WW's center and ask for the Quick Start booklet. There are menus for two weeks in it and plenty of good ideas.

Another tactic: have the same breakfast each morning and a few choices for lunch--such as:
fruit and oatmeal and ff milk

salad with rotisserie chicken or deli roast beef w/ff dressing

have two snacks of fruit each day--or save one snack for pretzels or a Fiber One bar

Dinner--check out Woman's Day magazine. For under $2 you can buy the magazine which always features dinners for the month. Write the dinners on your calendar and stick to it. Just a thought! It makes meal planning a snap.
By the way, you may even be able to get the month's menu by going to the Woman's Day website. Good luck because I know you want to do this! :cheer: :carrot:

Judy

Princess1122
07-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Morning and and a very happy Friday to everyone! My mom is coming in for the weekend so I am only here for a half day today, then on to the grocery store as my cupboards are bare, and then home to meet my mom when she gets here. Got the house cleaned up last night and just have to remake the guest bed with fresh sheets so I should be good to go by the time she arrives... best laid plans and all... LOL.

I will go to W/I tomorrow and am hoping for something... anything... but as my TOM arrives a couple of days ago I am not sure how well it will go.

Have a great weekend everyone!

bandit2
07-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Good morning, Turtles:

Went to my w/i today & was down 2.6# so I was soooo happy about that.
So I am down 10.2# since rejoining. Hoping that mark will set in motion, more losses.

Just getting ready to head up to my trailer for the afternoon since it is hot & is closeby, then coming back home & going to bingo with my mom. Then going to gf trailer tomorrow for rest of weekend. So looking forward to that.

I got in 2 big walks this week & I think that helped as well as staying OP.
SO, hoping to behave over weekend & still have fun.

Hope you all have a great OP weekend.

Itryharder
07-25-2008, 06:25 PM
Prin;cess, have fun with your mom==sounds like a visiting weekend for a lot of us--moms, brothers, and girlfriends. :bravo:

Bandit, that is a wonderful :goodscale: weigh to go!! You're an inspiration.
Keep it up and have a great weekend. :bravo: :woo: :dancer:

I've got laying low plans for the weekend--a good book and simple meals. Sounds like a plan to me.
Everybody have a good weekend and chime in when you can.

LaurenH
07-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Whoa, Bandit, that's outstanding!!

Judy, glad you're feeling better. Hope your power won't be out for long!

Cherry, sounds like the board won't be for me, then. I have to wear shoes all the time. Darn! Have fun with it, though.

Princess, it must be Mom Season! :D Hope you have a good visit with yours.

Just a short note here; got to run. I'm doing fine with my plan, nothing new to report there. Mom is here, and I'm looking forward to spending time with her this weekend. Brother arrives tomorrow.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

CherryAutumn
07-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Where is everyone. I have checked back a couple times and seen no new posts. I thought we might be getting ready for a new thread page. Well My DH and i are trying not to eat after 8:00 anymore because we are big late night snackers. So far down 2.2 pounds for One week. Thursday is actual official weigh in so i may update then.

bandit2
07-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Cherry - yes, I think people must be busy lately.

Myself, I have a cold & haven't felt too great the last few days. But have stayed OP - so feel good about that.

Nice you are trying different stradegies for weight loss. No snacking late is a good move. Good luck with your w/i Thurs.

Princess1122
07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi all, I am here but like Bandit have been sick since the weekend... did not go to W/I due to company in the house and not feeling well.

I will check back later on!

Itryharder
07-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Hi Guys,
I'm hear and checking in. No time to write, but I'll start a new thread tomorrow.
Good luck and keep on keepin' on=-=-Cherry :bravo: on such a great weight loss!
JUudy

Itryharder
07-30-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi turtles,
I'll see you at @203 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!
Judy