General chatter - Haven't You Got One Good Thing To Say?

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
ABOUT TODAY? :)

Boy, I sure do!

I got off work an hour early

Came home to a :sssh: quiet :sssh: house

Angie took nephew and a couple of his buddies and our niece, who is visiting for a week, to the beach to go :swim: swimming :sunny: sun bathing and surfing!

Plus she dropped the two mutts off at the groomers on the way!

So in about an hour I will have a tired 9 year old niece ~ a tired 17 year old nephew ~ 2 tired and SMELLING GOOD, for a change, golden retrievers ~ and one tanned :love: hotty wife :love: that...

WAIT! it gets better! :yes:

that left a note on the memo board ~ "Babe, don't cook anything...got it covered...I will BBQ :cbg: feta burgers."

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! :)

GradPhase
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I've got a really BAD interview, a boyfriend working on an island without ANY internet or phone reception 4,000 miles away, and I've gained FIVE pounds back since I've been in Utah! Today is not a good day!

But... on the NICE side - we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!

bargoo
07-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 08:11 PM
.......... we're going to a restaurant with male cliff divers wearing loin cloths for dinner tonight - and that just CAN'T be bad!!

Unless EZ is in one of the loin cloths! ;)

Nothing that good, sorry to say!! Not married, dog needs a bath and a haircut and I have to cook my own dinner.

Well BARGOO I will just have to make your day a little better....."I sure enjoy your interaction on my threads!" :hug:

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I have to dig really deep here EZ... due to my worsening BBall depression...

But yes, I am psyched that I'm off tomorrow so I can stay up late... :D:D
And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..

winning the war
07-01-2008, 08:18 PM
My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident:o. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!:carrot::D:D

yoyonomoreinvegas
07-01-2008, 08:24 PM
I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us :D we may just postpone dinner ;)

moony
07-01-2008, 08:28 PM
I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.

Sweetcaroline
07-01-2008, 08:59 PM
I invented a new firming mask (all organic, all natural) for my business and my partner found us an investor!!!!!! AND I got promoted to 3rd in command at my day job, which should help me get my company on it's feet! Today could not be better for me.

moony WOW... that's a whole weeks worth !! Congrats

Kofarq
07-01-2008, 09:27 PM
My MIL, FIL, and SIL-to be (and her 3 DDs) and my DD and I all went to spend the day in Harbour Grace, where they had a big To-Do about Canada Day, and Dan Cleary, and the Stanley cup. We were all dressed up in our Red Wings jerseys, etc, and the Newsman asked us to go on TV for a little interview! FIL did the talking, and the rest of us just smiled goofily beside him, but we got to be on TV!
Even better news than that? Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!

Darkblue
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!

CountingDown
07-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Left work to walk home on a beautiful 77 degree sunshiny day. Came home to a new clothing order from Ann Taylor 80% off and everything fit perfectly. Dog greeted me with his usual fervor. Took a 30 minute nap and DH and I scooted to the grocery store to pick up staples. Came home and DH made supper, built a fire on the patio and uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good :D

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 11:47 PM

CAROLINE you spoiled BRAT! 1 game away from the most wins in ALL of baseball and you are baseball depressed...shame on you ;)

And... Greek salads with are on their way home.. as we speak... weird you mentioned Feta..

The burgers were awesome...hope your salad was too!

My dogs are still smelly as well. I got into a car accident:o. BUT...
I had a fantastic day w/ the kiddos at the beach, then chuck e cheese, no one was hurt in the accident that WASN'T my fault (phew!), I have a home to shelter me, food to nourish me, water to slake my thirst, and got an email from my hubby! So, all in all, a pretty darn good day!:carrot::D:D

Kids and Chuck E Cheese...boy I miss those days! :)

I don't know, I think I've got a pretty good one here -

After a 3 week (or was it a 3 eon) visit - MIL has gone home. DH & I have the house to ourselves again and doggies can go back to sleeping in the guest room instead of in our bed with us :D we may just postpone dinner ;)

Is there room for 2 golden retrievers? :)...clean!

AWESOME KIDDO! Good luck!

....... Oh, yes!! My in-laws to be and I GET ALONG, and actually LIKE EACH OTHER!!!
Poor Dear Fiance was at work in Alberta, but he was HAPPY for us all that we had so much fun! I sure lucked out!! Any idea who I should thank for all this? Just kiddin' ya!!
And I lost 4.2 lbs in the last 2 weeks!

And I thought I had a good day...movie star! ;)

I did my mile walk, honestly wasn't hungry for dinner, got the den cleaned up, and DH says he'll take the kids swimming tomorrow so I can be lazy. Sounds like a good day to me!

Just be LAZY AFTER you get that exercise in 'BLUE!

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 11:50 PM
.....80% off and everything fit perfectly..... uncorked a wonderful Zin. Life is good :D

SCOOTER ~ If I took 80% OFF my clothes...and opened up a bottle of wine...after 0 beers today....well...I could be arrested for my actions!

happy2bme
07-02-2008, 12:24 AM
Good things to say:

White Sox won today :yay:

Scubs lost :dance:

Kept my mouth shut and my lead foot in check on the drive home, thus continuing my committment to save gas money through better driving habits. I also don't think I swore at a single person, thus making today a banner commute day :D

The grilled shrimp and strawberry kiwi spinach salad we made for dinner was both healthy and delicious.

Nothing broke down, got hit, caved in or disappeared today costing me money I don't have.

Last but not least, my husband still loves me :hug: and my access card at work still let me in (and out of) the door.

Sometimes it's the little things that matter... thank you Gary for reminding me of that!

snapless
07-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Good things to say:

1. I've lost another 1/2" in my waist since my last measurement.
2. The doctor said my fluish feeling was due to allergies and gave me a shot, and I feel a LOT better.
3. I can see my face 'thinning' when I look in the mirror.
4. My dad called me this morning, I love it when he does that.
5. The sun is shining! Trust me, for Misawa, this is a BIG thing. :)
6. I have a wonderful family.

There were some not so good things today too but life, in general, is grand!

onesullengurl
07-02-2008, 01:14 AM

I had greek salad tonight it was soooooooooooooooo good ... best of all

heres my good stuff for this thread too btw lol... my husband decided he wanted to have hotdogs and beans tonight for dinner ... I was not to happy because obviously it went against my nagging inner voice .... "don't eat me I'm to fatty and yucky! " well he usually always gets a thing of potato salad to go with ( to make matters worse ) BUT tonight@@ he brought home a tiny thing of potato salad for him and a tiny thing of greek pasta salad for me! I couldn't believe it hes never done anything like that in years usually if he doesn't like it then no one else should either and hes not buying it ..... he even said " well it doesn't have mayo in it thats a lot of calories " like hes actually interested and listening to me even though he pretends hes not :lol: ..... so this made my night because it was sooooooooo gooooood reminded me of childhood and if you knew my husband ---that was a big deal for him to do something like that LOL

EZMONEY
07-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Sometimes it's the little things that matter... thank you Gary for reminding me of that!

One reason for this thread! :)

.....There were some not so good things today too but life, in general, is grand!

It sure is...most of the time. :)

....... it was sooooooooo gooooood reminded me of childhood and if you knew my husband ---that was a big deal for him to do something like that LOL

Good memories of childhood are awesome aren't they? I had a few this month thinking of my mom that passed a few months ago...brought a smile :) to my face!

Well I have had a few good things since I last posted. My son called last night to tell me what football game he was taking me to...I kind of already knew ;) Because of his wife's new "situation" on the Chargers, he gets 2 tickets for all the home games. My daughter called to tell me she loves me and will see me on the 4th of July for our big party. My nephew told me to take the cost, of an ice chest of mine he lost, out of his lawn mowing money...which I will, if he ever mows it! :D Angie made me some awesome homemade pizza tonight! Our 5K is off and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Life is full of wonderful things....sometimes we just need to look for them...if things are a little foggy in our lives. :hug:

Operator265
07-02-2008, 11:38 PM
1. Yesterday, at the start of my shift, the Blast Foreman I worked with a couple of weeks ago said that he had been bragging me up to the other bosses for being hard working and interested in learning my job. He also said that he really liked having me on his crew.

2. I am being favored on Blast Crew over the other guy I went thru training with for the same reason as stated in #1.

3. I passed my Fit for Duty exam at work today even though I'm sore as **** from working on Blast Crew for the last 2.5 days. Also, I've lost 35 lbs since I took my Respirator Fit test at the same clinic at the beginning of April.

4. I'm getting double time and a half for working 7/4 and double time for 7/5. Therefore, I also get double time for the 4 hrs at my Fit for duty.

5. I'm over halfway to my goal weight.

6. I had enough time to check out the Curves that is within walking distance of my house and I start my free week on 7/10.

Darkblue
07-02-2008, 11:50 PM
Did my mile walk today, got a lot of housework done, I have two really sweet kids and a great husband, I made my mother laugh, and the cats haven't hacked up a hairball today...that I've found....

THE Heather
07-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I got the job I had interviewed for that provides a 4 dollar raise to what I have, I'm officially moved back in with my mom, I GOT SOME SLEEP, and I'm cozy.

Ahhhhhhh today IS a nice day

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 12:55 AM
1. Yesterday, at the start of my shift, the Blast Foreman I worked with a couple of weeks ago said that he had been bragging me up to the other bosses for being hard working and interested in learning my job. He also said that he really liked having me on his crew.

2. I am being favored on Blast Crew over the other guy I went thru training with for the same reason as stated in #1.

3. I passed my Fit for Duty exam at work today even though I'm sore as **** from working on Blast Crew for the last 2.5 days. Also, I've lost 35 lbs since I took my Respirator Fit test at the same clinic at the beginning of April.

4. I'm getting double time and a half for working 7/4 and double time for 7/5. Therefore, I also get double time for the 4 hrs at my Fit for duty.

5. I'm over halfway to my goal weight.

6. I had enough time to check out the Curves that is within walking distance of my house and I start my free week on 7/10.

Things are looking up OPERATOR! Congratulations!

Did my mile walk today, got a lot of housework done, I have two really sweet kids and a great husband, I made my mother laugh, and the cats haven't hacked up a hairball today...that I've found....

you aren't still looking are you? ;)

I got the job I had interviewed for that provides a 4 dollar raise to what I have, I'm officially moved back in with my mom, I GOT SOME SLEEP, and I'm cozy.

Ahhhhhhh today IS a nice day

Now that is a SWEET raise! Congrats!

BlueToBlue
07-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Hmmm, good things...

I struggled all day to stay on plan, especially in the AM. Then at the end of the day I got distracted and started dinner so late that we didn't eat until 10 PM. What's good about that? We ate so late I didn't feel like eating my after dinner snack so I ended up coming in 100 calories under plan for the day! :woohoo:

Dinner, which was Moroccan Chickpea Chili, came out great but I've made it before and expected nothing less. :drool:

It's Wednesday in a holiday week, so tomorrow I'll probably knock off early and I'm off on Friday. :beach:

It was a quiet day at work--no emergencies, no fires, and no one quit. And I got a call about an expert witness gig--those things pay nicely and look great on the old resume.

EZMONEY
07-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Stay away from those fires up there BARBARA! :)

Yesterday was good...

No beer :carrot:

Had the evening to myself as Angie and 2 of my nieces met my son and daughter in law at Wild Animal Park for dinner

Daughter called as she was walking from the local coaster train station to the tennis club where her :p husband :p coaches at....a good 1/2 hour talk before he horned in :mad: and stole her

Today is good....

Angie and I did a 5K with the mutts

Mowed the grass

Almost all ready for the bocce ball and shuffleboard tournament today for 30 people

Make that 38...nephew informed me that he invited 8 friends!...it's good...even though the shopping was done...the store is still open and only 1 mile away!

Weather is typical JULY 4th here...nice and warm

Soda ~ wine and beers on ice

Food prepared or "coming"....angie has molded her last jello flag! :carrot:

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

FREEDOM IS GOOD!

Darkblue
07-05-2008, 12:42 AM
The fireworks were a delight, tonight.

The house is clean.

The kids are in a good mood.

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 11:08 AM
The fireworks were a delight, tonight.

The house is clean.

The kids are in a good mood.

I hope the house is still clean and the kids are still in a :) mood!

YESTERDAY WAS A GOOD DAY ~

Had teen-age boys/girl over to see some awesome UFC fights!

Only drank 1 beer :carrot:

Went house hunting with my son and daughter in law....one of my son's requirements is that the house have a backyard big enough to PLAY CATCH in....just like we used to do every single day for years!! :)

My daughter called yesterday to tell me Monday is take a walk with your daughter day..."Where are we going Daddy?".....:)

Clean-up from the 4th BBQ took just a few minutes...so much help the night before

LIFE IS GOOD...look for it! :hug:

Sweet Sissy
07-06-2008, 11:41 AM
This morning, I have excellent coffee in a mug by my chair, the smell of bacon is all around me, my furry cat is snuggling my toes, and I can see the most beautiful roses in a vase on my counter.

Also, after 14 months of searching, I have a roommate - and not just any roommate - a good friend. It's great to have someone to share the bills with, but moreover, it's nice to share my space with a friend rather than a stranger.

I have been invited to go swimming with a friend (and it's free!) this afternoon, and I've made dinner plans with my family for this evening.

But the best part is that my apartment is the cleanest it has ever been. I've sorted piles and piles, scrubbed old carpet stains, and gotten rid of clothes and shoes I no longer like/wear. I pulled **EVERYTHING** out of my linen closet and organized. I keep finding myself opening the closet door to look at the neat bins and well-folded sheets. It's a great feeling.

techwife
07-06-2008, 12:29 PM
THE SABRES JUST PICKED UP THIS AWESOME DEFENSE GUY NAMED RIVET! WATCH HOW HE PLAYS!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR HOCKEY SEASON!!

RIVET (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGT1yXCplrM&NR=1)

ABOUT HALFWAY THROUGH...HE PLAYED FOR THE SHARKS!!

jtammy
07-06-2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm, where to start... Well we have a new pastor at our church. He gave a very refreshing and thought-provoking sermon today. I enjoyed that!

Then my dad called and has a bushel on peas - already shelled - for me. One of the best parts is that DS can drive over and get them for me so that I can stay home. :)

marbleflys
07-06-2008, 03:41 PM
OK, the weather has been a complete wash-out for the holiday weekend, took away all outside beach plans....(annoying)

So I went shopping...found this amazing brick oven hand-tossed pizza (this is both good and bad).

continued to shop...found the Wii console I've been wanting since last year without waiting in line, it was just sitting at Target (this is good).

can't find the Wii Fit anywhere without paying too much (this is annoying).

found the DDR bundle for the Wii....and the IWBF (incredibly wonderful boyfriend) purchased for me...(this is good).

Everything is still sitting in the boxes because we have to work! (temporarily annoying)

tamaralynn
07-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Yesterday I went for a pedicure/manicure (delightful). Then to store to buy goodies for our cooler - went to the beach with the kids to swim/suntan (hey I gotta tan somehow, or else I'll blind the locals in Hawaii in 1 month's time).

Got a GOOD tan (okay burnt lol). Then had kfc for dinner (bad I know). Then went to park by the Calgary Stampede to watch the fireworks.

fun fun day. Unfortunately due to price of gas, electricity etc... the fireworks went from 20 minutes to 5. UGH!

SoulBliss
07-06-2008, 05:30 PM
We went to Staples today and got DH a laptop! It was the ONLY one they had at the advertised sale price!!! :)

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 06:01 PM
This morning, I have excellent coffee in a mug by my chair, the smell of bacon is all around me.......

You could have stopped there SISSY and it would have been good! It just got much better for you...super!

THE SABRES JUST PICKED UP THIS AWESOME DEFENSE GUY NAMED RIVET! WATCH HOW HE PLAYS!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR HOCKEY SEASON!!.....

ABOUT HALFWAY THROUGH...HE PLAYED FOR THE SHARKS!!

Is all that VIOLENCE really necessary TECH? Might as well watch NASCAR....:o oh...I do ;)

Hmm, where to start... Well we have a new pastor at our church. He gave a very refreshing and thought-provoking sermon today. I enjoyed that!

I have had only one Pastor...for over 25 years! I have been blessed!

Then my dad called and has a bushel on peas - already shelled - for me. One of the best parts is that DS can drive over and get them for me so that I can stay home. :)

THAT KID in the Frog suit is driving?...oh my...;)

Everything is still sitting in the boxes because we have to work! (temporarily annoying)

I have a lot of gifts Angie got me still in boxes....TV ears for one...so what if I need to put the volumn on AS LOUD as it can go!! It's my house!!...Plus..it isn't LOUD for me! ;)

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 06:02 PM
Yesterday I went for a pedicure/manicure (delightful). Then to store to buy goodies for our cooler - went to the beach with the kids to swim/suntan (hey I gotta tan somehow, or else I'll blind the locals in Hawaii in 1 month's time).

Got a GOOD tan (okay burnt lol). Then had kfc for dinner (bad I know). Then went to park by the Calgary Stampede to watch the fireworks.

fun fun day. Unfortunately due to price of gas, electricity etc... the fireworks went from 20 minutes to 5. UGH!

Sounds like a great day TAMARALYNN!

We went to Staples today and got DH a laptop! It was the ONLY one they had at the advertised sale price!!! :)

I have a 75 pound LAP DOG :D

SunshineCA
07-06-2008, 10:21 PM
I still have the house to myself as everyone is gone. It's been like this all weekend. HOME ALONE!!! Ahhhhhh....nirvana! :cloud9: :yoga:

techwife
07-06-2008, 10:22 PM
That's right Gary....it's the fights that gets everything going!! Check out this video!! I can't WAIT for hockey season to start and to see this guy fighting in a SABRES uniform!! :woohoo:

rivet pt deux (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBfKfPm0p6g&feature=related)

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:58 PM
I still have the house to myself as everyone is gone. It's been like this all weekend. HOME ALONE!!! Ahhhhhh....nirvana! :cloud9: :yoga:

A great place to be alone! Beautiful weather we are having in so Cal!

That's right Gary....it's the fights that gets everything going!! Check out this video!! I can't WAIT for hockey season to start and to see this guy fighting in a SABRES uniform!! :woohoo:..]

This RIVET guy has some SERIOUS ANGER ISSUES!

techwife
07-06-2008, 11:05 PM
This RIVET guy has some SERIOUS ANGER ISSUES!

Yeah, I know...isn't it GREAT!! :kickbutt:

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Do they call you TECH-SCISSORHANDS down at the shop?

SunshineCA
07-06-2008, 11:50 PM
A great place to be alone! Beautiful weather we are having in so Cal!

Indeed! :)

1 home and 3 to go. :lol: Back to normal very soon. ;)

Operator265
07-07-2008, 12:04 AM
Well, MY DD hit MY car with MY truck and I did not strangle her and, therefore, I'm not it prison now and my DD is still alive. Is that a good thing Gary?

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 12:19 AM
That is a GREAT thing OPERATOR!...OUCH!!....hugs for both of you!

Operator265
07-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Maybe we can get my Dingbat DD and your Knucklehead Nephew together and dropped them both off on a deserted island somewhere in the Arctic Ocean.:devil::devil::devil:

lizziep
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
after a way too long break and losing my old username and password - i am back!

I have a pretty back summer cold- but the up side to that is- a day at home doing nothing and recuperating! I've been working so much, that even a day off because I'm sick, can still be rejoiced in the fact that it is a day off!! :)
Plus, who wants to work on Monday anyway?

Shopaholic1204
07-07-2008, 09:37 PM
My hair is 12 inches long!! I'm going to donate it to Locks of Love in memory of my mom & aunt!!

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Maybe we can get my Dingbat DD and your Knucklehead Nephew together and dropped them both off on a deserted island somewhere in the Arctic Ocean.:devil::devil::devil:

Maybe she can join the NAVY with knucklehead!

after a way too long break and losing my old username and password - i am back!

I have a pretty back summer cold- but the up side to that is- a day at home doing nothing and recuperating! I've been working so much, that even a day off because I'm sick, can still be rejoiced in the fact that it is a day off!! :)
Plus, who wants to work on Monday anyway?

I hope you feel better!

My hair is 12 inches long!! I'm going to donate it to Locks of Love in memory of my mom & aunt!!

AWESOME SHOP!!

Well I spent the early evening walking 3 miles along the beach with my daughter...doesn't get much better than that!! :) :carrot:

Operator265
07-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Hey, I'm thinking Military School about now.:D Let her wreck a Sherman Tank instead of one of MY vehicles.

SunshineCA
07-08-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm able to have more computer time this morning as my youngest is still asleep. ;)

KateB
07-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Yesterday I got a phone call at work from my 17 yr old son saying he and Beth (his GF) had something they had to tell me and it was important, they hoped I wouldn't be upset. I was sure I was going to be a gramma, and spent the rest of the afternoon figuring out what I was going to say and how to keep my emotions in control.

I got home and they had supper made, the table set, and the living room vaccuumed. (OH MY GOD....this is REALLY BAD!!!)

Then he says, "Come in the living room and sit down." (I honestly wanted to run the other direction)

He speaks...."Mom, I Love You. Beth and I did something, we hope you won't be too upset. We didn't actually plan this, it just sort of happened."

I draw a deep breath, fight back tears. They are so young!!
Beth leaves the room.

The room is spinning, I think I need my inhaler, breathing is difficult. I close my eyes. Focus Kate....this is your son. Don't say anything you will regret. Be Calm.

Another slow deep breat, Open my eyes.

Beth is standing in front of me, holding a Kitten. The two of them laugh hysterically, my son says, "See a kitten doesn't seem so bad now does it???"

So I got my house cleaned, dinner made, and evening with my son and his GF. I am NOT gonna be a gramma yet!!! I have kitten I am not sure I wanted. But over all I would say it was a very good day!!

jtammy
07-08-2008, 03:27 PM
OMG, Kate - my stomach was clenched in pain for you - then I got to the bottom of your story! How funny! Whew - a kitty doesn't sound quite so bad now, although I wouldn't know whether to be relieved or upset at their little joke.

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 12:35 AM
HILARIOUS KATE!

Almost finished with the PIZZA that we bought on Saturday for the UFC fights...in the old days it would have been gone on Sunday

Daughter texted and e-mailed me a Thank-you card for taking her on a Father/Daughter walk yesterday

Started a job today close to home...one coming up in a few weeks is 9 hours away!

blondebritbrat17
07-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Okay EZMONEY right now I have to really think about this since I'm starting to come out of my funk. My list is very basic right now what I'm thankful for.

1. I'm not going hungry like so many others in this world.
2. To have a roof over my head
3. My hard working husband
4. For my dog who snuggles with me and can seem to sense when I'm down
5. I'm thankful for any good visits with my mom when she is feeling like her old self
6. I'm thankful for my mom's and her boyfriend's generousity when they are able to do so and they always do something generous when they have anything extra left over- they've saved us many times from eating sandwiches for a month by giving us money unexpectedly which turned into our grocery money
7. I'm thankful for my ongoing education which has led me to learn so many things about myself and my husband's willingness to sacrifice having a second full-time income

KateB
07-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Despite the fact that the "Grandkitten" woke me up at 2:00 AM and wanted to play...it is still better than being woke up by a grandchild at 2:00 AM that needs a diaper change and wants to eat.

Last night I made whole what pasta with grilled chicken breast, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers in marinara sauce, a wilted spinach salad, and fresh pineapple and enjoyed it with DH, DD, her DBF , DS and his DGF. Then we spent a couple hours in the pool. It was a wonderful evening!!!

SoulBliss
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I am sending my DD to the camp she loves and not allowing myself to worry about the expense. I am grateful to have good credit and a card with a high limit. I am trusting it will all work out.

I am thankful that I will have time alone with DH while she is gone. ;)

That's what I've got today! :D

suetalks
07-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I am enjoying a blessing this week...time with my daughter and grandson from the West coast. After fixing dinner for family last night they all took off to a water park today. Grandma's thankful for a relaxing day to catch her breath.

I am thankful that my Mother is doing so well right now. She lives with us and has been ill for several months.

Some times it helps to stop and count the good things.
(and I just got a new car...) :)

jules1216
07-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I am thankful for my group here (Back in Kindergarten) is the best support that I have gotten in a LONG time!! Even on my whiny & depressed days and the times I read the posts but don't actually post and I still find little hi's specifically for me...

Others like EZ always brighten my day too.

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 11:28 PM
Thank you JULES :hug:

Well :tantrum: BRAT :tantrum: I know it has been tough for you but as you can see you do have MUCH to be happy about! It's easy....and understandable... for us to not see our daily blessings when BAD THINGS happen.

As you point out...how many in the world are hungry and have no home right now...how many women wish they had a husband...let alone a hard working one. A dog to cuddle with...a mom...I wish mine was still here. You're education will pay off too! These hard knock times...well, I won't say they won't last forever...we just never know...but at least, at some point...things will be different!...God is in control...He has His eye on you ;)

See...right here...SUE I sure wish I had a grandkid! ;)

SOUL I am sure things are going to work out...we always turn tough times it around down here!

KATE that dinner sounds great!

Well today I am so happy to be done with work! I had a hard day...but am so thankful I did work and have work ahead of me.

A lot of guys are out right now in construction. Angie made an awesome dinner of roasted vegetables, chicken on the BBQ, rosemary bread and sweet potatoes!

Angie is sitting behind me LAUGHING hysterically at MONTY PYTHON'S MEANING OF LIFE....I am not a FAN!...but love the fact she is in the familyroom with me...as I post with you all!

I have a great wife!

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Well today I did Costco in under $600!

Son and daughter in law "may" have found a house to buy near me!

Angie is watching her new Harry Potter she picked up at Costco and staying off my back...kidding of course!

Daughter is turning 25 tomorrow and I will be sending the evening with her and my wife and son in law at a play and dinner at the local outside theater...way cool! Guys and Dolls.

Got 3 miles of treadmill work in

Got my lipitor re-filled

good for another month I 'spose!

Take care everyone!

Life is good!

Had some "crud" today too...don't we all?...but who wants to hear it and what good does hashing it all back up do for us anyway!!!!

Amy8888
07-11-2008, 01:14 PM
I got into work today after, ready for another boring day in front of the computer. My officemate (who is great but is leaving for another job in a few weeks) filled me in on some office gossip. The sort of stuff that reminds me that I need to get out of this job because I have no future here, no chance for advancement, and even if I did advance, they would still treat me badly, because they treat everyone here badly. Long story. But basically, I actually cried when I heard about how they treated a co-worker, and I'm not even that chummy with her. I thought, man, I need to get out of here more than ever.

A half hour later my phone rang, and I have a job interview set up for next Thursday! :) It's a sign, right? Tell me it's a sign!

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 08:01 PM
I hope it is a good sign for you AMY! Good luck!

Today is a great day! :carrot:

In fact 25 years ago today was the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!

That was the day my daughter was born....seeing her in her little hospital crib, while her 2 yrs and 4 month old brother raced around the hospital hall grabbing everyone...and I mean everyone!, people we didn't even know,...and showing them his little sister, through the big picture windows was something that I will never ever forget!

Best day of my life.....

Re-lived it many times today....life is good! :)

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 01:04 AM
I had a great week-end ~ Nice and easy ~ walks with my wife ~ church ~ time with my daughter ~ text messages and phone calls with my son (he was out home shopping) ~

Other good things this week-end ~ CLYDEGIRL had a birthday ~ COUNTING DOWN hit her goal ~ TAMARALYNN is thinking of quitting smoking ~ JULES gave me a story with an address so that I could send a very cool card, with a very cool THE HULK stamp, to a young boy ~ SOULBLISS should be getting a great customer ;) ~ ROBIN is amazing ~

SO MANY GOOD THINGS THIS WEEK-END...I'd name more but I need to get to bed!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK GALS!

junebug41
07-14-2008, 01:45 AM
Went to church this morning and right after went to the farmer's market and just enjoyed the company I was in all day. I cooked a hearty meal where every ingredient came from a local farm, took the dog for a long walk and am now relaxing with a Corona Light. Oh, and I took a nap with said dog and fiance :)

Life is good :)

blondebritbrat17
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Yesterday I had a great day with my mom. I had so much fun with her doing lunch and some shopping and errands and was so thankful she was feeling a bit like her old self. My mom got me a new expensive bra that is soooo comfy-I've had 3 bras to actually break on me in the past 6 weeks since they were so old and worn out- and then she took me meat shopping lol to fill my freezer up and I got some top quality meat since she had a coupon to Ohama Steaks nearby her house. We have plans for this coming Sunday if she's feeling up to it to do more shopping lol! Today she had surgery to remove another "lump" that she found in her chest and it just turned out to be scar tissue built up from all the other chest/breast reconstruction/masectomy surgeries she has had. So that's my one good thing to say about today.