Exercise! - July walk, run, bike challenge

View Full Version : July walk, run, bike challenge

lovnmom
07-01-2008, 05:27 PM
It's the first of July and it's time to set our goals. Whether you walk, run, ride a bike, do elliptical, whatever your pleasure lets log our miles and minutes and help eacho ther succeed.

I walked the 4.25 mile loop with Laurie today. It was super hot, but we made it!!! I'm going with a 31 hour goal again for this month, because I'm actually accomplishing more miles that way!

1 hour 5 minutes of 31 hours
4.25 walk miles

Lulumum
07-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Hmmm, I'm not sure yet what my goals are, but know I should have some! I'm starting with the South Beach diet supercharged program tomorrow, so I will have to check the workout guidelines in the book, then I'll post my goals here :).

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 06:23 PM
HAPPY JULY EVERYONE!

WELCOME LULUMUM

GREAT START SUPER K!

I started the month off pretty good tonight with a 3.25 mile treadmill walk after work.

I will stick with my usual goal for now, have no idea where or how much I will be working the next few weeks...a lot of variables. A good time to take off with Angie being home....if possible.

3.25/75 MILES :tread:

LET'S ROCK and ROLL JULY!

Baskgal
07-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Hello Everyone. So far I started July on the right foot. I ran 4 miles yesterday and another 4 miles this morning. I don't know when I will get out there again, but since the parents will be in town visiting for the 4th, I am hoping to get out one day at the end of the week.

Keep up the good work!

8/45

sotypical
07-02-2008, 04:27 PM
Since this is my first time walking/running daily I think I set my goal pretty low.... but this is what I entered in my Nike+ so I am going to leave it, lol

13.91km/85km

EZMONEY
07-02-2008, 09:39 PM
I was able to get 3.25 miles in on the treadmill before I had too much homemade pizza!

Preparing for that 4th of July 5K :)

6.5/75 MILES

sotypical
07-03-2008, 01:34 PM
Did 7.39km this morning

21.3km/85km

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Did 3.25 on the tredadmill.

9.75/75 MILES

HAVE A SAFE and HAPPY 4TH!

EZMONEY
07-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Angie and I got our 5K plus a little in this morning just as the sun came up...gorgeous day here.

13/75 MILES

HAPPY 4th EVERYONE!

sotypical
07-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Did 7.73km this morning

29.05km/85km

I really should of make that goal higher, haha

EZMONEY
07-04-2008, 01:47 PM
HA~HA COURTNIE...Angie and I figured you might go a little over at your current rate...great job!

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Angie and I went out with the mutts this morning. We did a quick 3 miles because I wanted to get back home in time to see the end of the Venus/Serena match.

16/75 MILES

Have a great week-end GALS!

lovnmom
07-06-2008, 03:17 PM
Welcome LuLu, Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck with your new progarm!

Sotypical, Welcome aboard here. It's always great to crash right through our goal. Good luck. You're doing just awesome.

Gary, You're really rockin' this month already. Terrific! MMMMM home made pizza.

Hey Baskgal, you're really movin' it out already this month too!

As for me, I'm getting old LOL We had an old fashion free beer, food, and a DJ, for my DH and my BIL's 40th b-days on Thursday the 3rd. We picked the 3rd, because few people have to work on the 4th. We held it at the local "hole in the wall." It's where many in our area got drunk for the first time. It's a bar, owned by an elderly couple, that literally sits in the middle of the corn field. In the middle of nowhere. A lot of nostalgia. We had a couple 100 people show up and I danced almost non-stop from 6pm - 2am. I didn't have too much to drink, but my throat is still sore from all the second hand smoke and all the screaming!!!! The dj is a friend and he brought all the music we all loved when we were young. So....I'm counting 3 hours of that for exercise since my knees still hurt today....dancing barefoot on a concrete floor...not such a good idea when 44 is right around the corner...and I got my 3FC 5K done today..so I'm adding 4 hours and 3 miles. Hope everyone else had a terrific vaca too!

4 hours 5 minutes of 31 hours
7.25 walk miles

Baskgal
07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
lovnmom....sounds like you had a great time!

EZ...great job this weekend! Did you watch the Federer/Nadal match today? Wow!!

Anyway, I didn't do anything this weekend in reference to my exercise. I worked all weekend and it rained everyday after I got home. My parents were in town, so I had the opportunity to get out there, but mother nature had other ideas.

I fully intend on getting out there today! Have a Happy Sunday!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:37 PM
The party sounds like a ton of fun LOVNMOM...Angie would have been right out there dancing with ya!

YES! I did BASKGAL...I even started a thread in General Chatter on it... it is "DID YOU WATCH IT?"

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Met my daughter and walked 3 miles along the beach for Father's Take Your Daughter On A Walk Day! AWESOME!!

19/75 MILES

lovnmom
07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Baskgal, Sometimes it's nice to have mother nature step in and slow us down. As long as it's not too often. My oldest son watched the match. Being a lefty himself guess who he was cheering for?!?!

Gary, I'd have loved to have Angie join me, but I won't be up to it for oh say, 5 years or so lol Sounds like a lovely walk with your daughter.

I got in 2 miles during minor's practice and then another 2.25 during senior practice. DS won the game he pitched yesterday and DD's team won the game she caught and her best friend pitched...they make a nice team. DD talks to her friend and they hang in there together. That's a terrific lesson to learn when they're so young. They were rough games at 87* and 100% humidity. Anyhoo, have a terrific Tuesday all.

Baskgal
07-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Got out there today and got 5miles in. I am trying to really watch what I eat this week and get back to drinking more water. I feel that that really helps my stamina when I run in the hot weather.

Glad to see everyone moving :carrot::carrot:

13/45

lovnmom
07-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Baskgal, The water is so essential in this humidity. A little girl on my DD's softball team got quite dizzy and weak yesterday. It was about 87* w/ 100% humidity and they had been playing for almost 2 hours when she started getting the shakes and feeling queazy. She was fine after some time in the shade etc., but she had drunk maybe 2 oz of her water in all that time. Children are so like horses, you can send the water with them, but you can't make them drink it!!

I did 4 with my friend Lori today while our boys were at L.L. practice this afternoon. Walking from 1:30-2:30 pm is not the best choice in this weather, but we're both used to it and are always slurping our water. DS #2 got a home run in his minor league game today...woo hoo!!!

Hey Gary!!

6 hours and 15 min of 31 hours
15.5 walk miles

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Got 2.25 in on the treadmill after work today...jumped off a mile early and visited with Angie, while she finished painting one of our livingroom walls, before she headed off to work at yoga.

BASKGAL ~ You really need to get in our 3FC 5K's!

LOVNMOM ~ Sounds like the kids are getting some good games in! Pitching and catching...nervous parent time! Great way to keep getting those miles in, hope the heat and humidity lighten up for you.

21.25/75 MILES

Baskgal
07-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Got 5miles in this morning.....no time...gotta finish my laundry!!!

sotypical
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Been a few days since I posted... so I will catch up!

July 5th 5.09km
July 7th 11.77km
July 9th 7.25km

53.17km/85km

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Great job gals ~ Got 3 in on the treadmill tonight

24.25/75 MILES

lovnmom
07-09-2008, 09:49 PM
It was a great day at the ballpark today. DS's senior league team won the first game and played 3 extra innings for the 2nd and still ended in a 1 to 1 tie. Our coach had to call it because he and my son had to get back to our town for the little league game. DS turned 13 today and I put 3 dozen doughnuts on the bus for everyone to share on the ride home...the entire girl's team told my DS happy birthday and thank you...they're all at least a year older than him and he was so embarassed, but a good embarassed. At L.L. DS had to bail another boy out on the mound after an inning and a half. DS ended with the win, but the other team had a very big (athleticly so) girl on there team. He had her at full count and threw a pretty pitch and she knocked it W-A-Y over the center fielder's head lol he was laughing later that he'll never forget he gave up a home run to a girl on his 13th b-day. I did manage to get 2.25 in while oldest DD was at Theater Camp and youngest DD was at basketball tonight.

6 hours 55 min of 31 hours
17.75 walk miles

Hope all was good for everyone today!

Off to Miller Park for the Brewer Game tomorrow. I probably won't check in until Fri. Have a great Thursday all!!

EZMONEY
07-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Got home a little early from worrk then did 3.5 on the treadmill.

LOVNMOM ~ 11-1 I know you enjoyed the game...don't think my ROCKIE BABES did!

Laughing :D for a few minutes about the Home Run! When I coached Little League there was a girl that played for another team. She was the only one in the league of 16 teams with 15 players each. She pitched against our team one day, after she struck out a few of our 10-12 year olds I asked them if they were more upset about striking out to a girl....they all said "not against so&so...she's good! She strikes everybody out!" Glad they took it better than us coaches ;)

Happy birthday to the boy...your "first" teen-ager?

Have a great day ladies!

27.75/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Home a little early. Going to dinner and a play at the local amphitheater, Guys and Dolls, for my daughter's 25th Birthday today!

Did 3.5 on the treadmill...weight going in the right direction!

31.25/75 MILES

Baskgal
07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
Not really sure, but I self diagnosed myself with bone spurs in my left heel. On a scale of 1-10 for pain it is about a 7. I am doing some stretching exercises which seems to help some. I am going to take it easy for a bit.

Going out of town this weekend. I'll touch base middle of next week and report on my progress. Hopefully it won't get worse.

Have a great weekend everyone!

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 12:29 PM
BASKGAL I hope your heel gets better soon and the pain eases!

Angie and I did our Starbucks 3.5 mile walk this morning under gorgeous skies! It is just starting to get hot so it was perfect weather for a morning walk at 6:30. We haven't been to Starbucks for a few weeks because of various reasons, although last week with 9 yr. old niece here we did a "fly" by for a quik walk! today we stopped and smelled the roses...er...drank the coffee while the mutts sat nicely for their treats.

34.75/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I took the dogs out for 2.5 miles after church while Angie took off for a yoga class. When I got home I jumped on the treadmill for 1.25 with a good incline.

38.5/75 MILES

lovnmom
07-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Gary, the play sounds terrific...I've been invited to the American Player's Theater in Spring Green WI for next week and I can't even remember what we're seeing...It's been a crazy busy summer!! You're getting in some good miles too. Excellent!

Baskgal, I'm hoping your feeling better soon.

I went Fri and Sat both with no exercise. I think all the heat and humidity had finally caught up with me or maybe it was all the excitement from the baseball game on Thursday. It was my first time to Miller Park since it was all re-done. Everything exciting that can happen there did. The dome opened and closed a couple of times. 2 homeruns so we got some fireworks and Bernie slid down his slide twice for us...the kids had a great time. Even the oldest who really "didn't want to go." Kind of back to normal with a 2 mile walk yesterday. Heading out now to take DS#2 to practice and to do 4 with Lori. Have a great Monday!

Ahh, Lori did good by me. 1st we did 4 miles during Minor's practice and then another 3.5 during Senior's practice. Feeling a little more back in the swing of things!

9 hours 20 min of 31 hours
27.25 walk miles

sassybiscuit
07-14-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh! I wanna join the July challenge! I've been keeping track of everything since the first. Thanks all, you are so inspiring!

lovnmom
07-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Welcome Sassybiscuit, I'm looking forward to getting to know you

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Hi Gals ~ Did 3.25 on the treadmill after work...brutal....tough day at work. But I am challenging myself semi-hard to my anniversary of better choices on the 23rd.

Good to see you back SUPER-K :) You deserved the break after the exercise you were getting in. Good to see you back at it...great job today.

Welcome SASSYBISCUIT...jump in anytime :)

BASKGAL I hope you had a good time away and your heel is better :)

41.75/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks ladies! I've been doing the step diet for close to a month. I've been spending the last couple days trying to "catch up" from a few puny days this week... I wanna make my weekly goal! My work schedule has me outta whack, I'm still trying to find my own fitness time.

You all work HARD! I'm hoping it rubs off on me! :D

lovnmom
07-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Sassy, Can you take a sec to share a little bit of how the step diet works? I'm not using any kind of "program" other than my own. It pretty much consists of moving more than I'm eating. It's made for very slow losing, but since I'm "kinda" old that's ok with me lol

Gary, Great job and thanks for the welcome back and the encouragment.

I did 4 today with both Lori and Mel. It was a little crazy. We added an extra hill on our first 90+ degree day. It's been very sunny and very humid, but we made it. The last part of the walk is down hill and we were totally excited to get there!!!
Hope everyone had a terrific Tuesday...Keep your fingers crossed for me...in a few minutes I have to call and see if the trial, I'm to be a juror for tomorrow, is still on. That is so not the way I want to spend my Wednesday.

lovnmom
07-15-2008, 05:28 PM
10 hours 20 min of 31 hours
31.25 walk miles

Oh yeah, the dancer with the orange and white top that looks more like she's "walking" than dancing is me!!

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Oh yeah, the dancer with the orange and white top that looks more like she's "walking" than dancing is me!!

OH! The skinny one ;)

Great job LOVNMOM! Good to see you back going strong after a few days off. I hope jury duty doesn't get in the way of that if you serve.

SASSYBISCUIT....good to see you back.

Well I managed 3.5 miles on the treadmill after work, it was difficult...I was beat but the scale was nice to me this morning and I want to keep it that way tomorrow!

45.25/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Hello ladies! I made my steps for the week! WHOO-HOO! I was looking not so good for a hot second, but I made it! :carrot:

lovnmom - The step diet is basically tracking your steps and eating less. I've attempted to explain it below, it's pretty easy. The book has a TON more information in it. I hope this helps, but feel free to ask. I've found that the pedometer keeps me on track. I occasionally slip up (like on days that I work), but it keeps me motivated. While you are making all these changes to the step amount, you are also supposed to only eat 75% of what is on your plate.

Week 1 - (can do two weeks) - Track your steps without making any changes and average them over the week. I had 7291 steps on average.

Week 2 and 3 - Attempt to add 2000 steps to your original amount. In my case, I tried to get 9291 steps per day. This is technically the "stop gaining" phase.

Week 4 through 15 - Weight loss period - Actively moving. Add 500 steps to your total for 12 weeks. So, by the end of the 12 weeks, you have added 6000 steps to your week 2/3 amount (I will be adding 6000 steps to 9291).

Week 16 through 19 - Attempt to maintain the weight loss for a month by getting the steps that you need to maintain, not lose. On average, this number is 10,000.

Week 20 - Attempt another 12 week losing period of adding steps if you need to. You'll refigure the number of steps you need, the book helps.

I believe that this plan is also very slow losing, though I have lost some weight and haven't become bored yet.

I hope the scale is nice to us all!:D

lovnmom
07-16-2008, 06:52 AM
Sassy, You've lost 21 pounds. I think that's awesome. You should be very proud. I've never read the book you are refering to, but it sounds just like what I'm doing. I haven't cut out any foods I just eat less of them and if I stop losing or seeing other benefits I add a few miles to my month. It's easy to follow and is working for me. I don't feel like I'm on a diet I feel like I've changed my lifestyle to include active exercise. Is the book called "The Step Diet" and who is the author? It sounds like it would make interesting reading. Once again, great job!!

Gary, when the scale is nice it makes that difficult walk the night before seem sooooo worth it. My oldest son has baseball games at 9am, 1pm, and 6pm today. I'm not sure when I'll walk, but I'm hoping to get in a quick 2 somewhere. That's right, DH is taking him to the 6pm game, because DD has Theater Camp from 6-8...there's my walking time!!! Don't you just love how 40+ y/o brains bounce all over like that? lol As for "the skinny one" I'll honestly say I thought that I looked thin too....1st time I've ever thought that when looking at a picture of myself. Thanks for saying it too!!! lol You've come so far and done so much in just one short year. I hope you are proud of success and the health changes you've made for yourself (and your family)
No jury duty. It must have been settled out of court. Woo hoo!!!

sassybiscuit
07-16-2008, 03:50 PM
lovnmom - I think that the author is James Hill and John Peters. I don't feel like I am dieting either. It's great! I like the goals that it provides, as I am not sure that I would set appropriate goals for myself. I have learned a lot from this book!:carrot:

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 08:13 PM
Just finished 3 on the treadmill.

48.25/75 MILES

Have a great work-out Thursday ladies ~ Gary

sassybiscuit
07-17-2008, 12:41 AM
EZMONEY - Good job! OMG.. that's ALOT of miles!

lovnmom - I'm sorry I didn't write much before, busy night at work. The book is a pretty easy read and interesting too. I haven't read it all the way through yet, though I have read some sections over and over. It does sound just like what you are doing. Miles is ALOT! You should be proud too!

I can't believe it, but I made my 11,000 steps today. I have been struggling with getting my steps on the days that I work. I currently work 1-11:30pm, 4 days a week and don't usually get home until after midnight. I sometimes feel like walking (on the treadmill), but always feel let down so I don't. I finally got it through my thick head that I am just giving myself a jump start for the next day. Whatever, but it's working for me! I got on the scale this morning (ugh.... Weigh-In Wednesday) and it was nice! I lost a pound! SCHWEET!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

lovnmom
07-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Sassy, remind me how many steps equals a mile. I bet you've walked quite a few this month too!!

I never did get to walk last night. More T-storms and some minor rock slides. DD's theater camp was cancelled because the teacher lived on the other side of a rock slide. Seems weird to be having those in WI...but our weather has been pretty strange the entire year.
I did get out and do 2 miles alone after DS's minor league game. He had a great catch in left field and was part of a double play while playing second, but the poor little guy struck out every time. He's been in a slump since the Brewer's game. He's so small that he has to wear his hat under his helmet and I'm concerned that his new Brewer cap (adjustable adult size) has too large a bill and he's seeing the ball differently?!?!?! He's 1st batter because he was very dependable. The slump is getting me down more than him though. So......I also got in 4 miles with Mel today as well.
Hope you both had a great day!!

11 hours 50 min of 31 hours
37.25 walk miles

sassybiscuit
07-17-2008, 07:36 PM
lovnmom - For me, I figured that it is about 2883.7 steps to a mile, I have a short stride. :) That means that I have gotten 59 miles logged so far this month. That's not just exercise time though, it's an all day/everyday affair. ;) That does make it seem bigger though!

I'm glad you got your walks in. Sorry about the weather. I live in Indiana and we always say "If you don't like the weather, just wait 15 minutes and it'll change". So true! I've done the majority of my walking on the treadmill or otherwise indoors.

I love baseball games and soccer in the summer. My son plays and just gets all kinds of fun out of it!

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Hi Gals ~ Did 3.25 on the treadmill after work. Seems to be about all I want to do! I usually watch Glen Beck or King of Queens while I am on it so the time goes pretty quick.

Sorry about the weather issues LOVNMOM! I remember those hitting/strike-out slumps for me and my son! I don't know what it is...one day you are getting the bat on the ball then the next week you can't hit a lick! Great job getting those miles in.

SASSYBISQUIT I have to jump on the treadmill pretty much as soon as I get home or I don't do it. Angie is a teacher and off for the summers so she takes our dogs out in the morning, when she works I have to take them out as soon as I get home, unless she beats me to it, or else they don't get to go...and they LOVE to go!

Have a great FRIDAY :)

51.5/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-18-2008, 05:24 PM
Off eary today....did 3.5 on the treadmill.

55/75 MILES

I hope you all have a great week-end!

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Angie and I just got home from our walk to Starbucks and bunny poo park. She just hollered down from upstairs that we did a little over 4 miles, she had to map my run it because we added a loop to our walk. She is off of bell practice at church for the summer so we don't have to rush home.

A little quiet around here ~ hope you all are getting your walks and ballgames in.

Have a great week-end ~ Gary

59/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello all! I am doing well with my steps, right on track. I've even gotten my steps the past three workdays, which is awesome. My treadmill took a dump yesterday. I only got 12 minutes in, but hey, I'll figure that out. Hubby's on the case!

I think that I might not make my steps today. I didn't leave work until 2:30am last night and got home to a VERY awake kid. I had to be back at work at 1pm today, so I'm not at all froggy about walking. I am trying though!

I'm glad you are doing well!
Hiedi

lovnmom
07-19-2008, 05:10 PM
Sassy, All day affair or not that's a lot of miles. I hope you're very proud of yourself. All 4 of my children love soccer, even my oldest who plays no other competetive sports. Our season is in the fall. I'm on our board and coached for a number of years. Now that my youngest is 8 I'm slowly releasing the reigns to someone else!!!

Gary, Oldest son was in a slump on his Senior League team, but he was the big man on campus Fri. They were in extra innings, bottom of the inning, still 0-0. DS gets a "sliding into 2nd" double, steals 3rd and then comes on home on another boy's single...woo hoo!!!! When he hit the double dear old mom was out of her lawn chair screaming get down get down!!! I just loved it. My FIL drives the bus and he made sure and stopped on the way home so the kids could all get a treat. Gramps treated DS.

No walking for me on Fri, but I got out early with Mel and did 4 this morning.

12 hours 50 min of 31 hours
41.25 walk miles

Tomato
07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Busting in here.
I was at the gym this morning for a 1/2 hr core class, which was a bit more intense today than usual. Afterwards, I popped upstairs (at the gym that is, that's where the weight machines are) to do some stretching on the stretching station (I LOVE that thing - it feels SO GOOD when you STOP!!!) and on my way home I thought I should go straight on my treadmill (today is my running day).
So I did, but geez, I was not 10 minutes into my run when I realized that my abs really hurt. I have never before ran straight after the core class - well, lesson learned. I did persevere and did 5 miles total (I ran 3.2 miles out of it) so I can say "mission accomplished".

sassybiscuit
07-19-2008, 06:34 PM
OMG... You are my idol.

:stars:

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 07:11 PM
Hang in there HIEDI!

SUPER K THAT'S the way it's done! Work that run across...love those plays!

FRIEDGREEN...OUTSTANDING!!!

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Since we are going to San Diego, for a play this morning, Angie and I took off early for a quick 3 mile walk with the dogs. Have a great day!

62/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-21-2008, 05:34 AM
I've slacked a little, due to my treadmill going nutty and it raining outside. Oh well, I can still make it for the week if I try! It's 5am and I am up, so I've got plenty of time! ;)

amyx33
07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
hey sassy i am not sure whether you said it or not.
but do oyu count your steps all day even just walkin around at home or work.
or do you count your steps just when your exercising?
i am going to start the step diet tomorrow i gotta go and get a step counter. (i dnt know the real term ha):D

sassybiscuit
07-21-2008, 11:00 AM
amyx33 - I put in on first thing in the morning and take it off when I go to bed. I count everything. :) I love the step diet. It suits me well. I don't have to count calories (which I would never do) and I just have to get my steps everyday, or at least weekly. I have the Omron pedometer and love it. I think that they sell it at Walmart and other places, but I bought mine on Amazon. :hug:

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I am off work today so Angie and I went for a 3 mile brisk walk this morning with the mutts.

Welcome AMY ~ Way to get back on track HIEDI

65/75 MILES

amyx33
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
sassy - great thanks i am going to walmart right now to go buy it. i found a web site (not sure if you know about it or not) that actually talks about the step diet the website is thewalkingsite.com so thats helping me out also :) i cant wait to start. i will be sure to join in on this thread to even though it is the middle of july ha.

EZMONEY - thanks alot :) looks like you are very successful on your goal for how many miles.
congrats!

Tomato
07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I was hitting the treadmill at 5:45 am - it has cooled down and I think it was only 17 degrees, but man, was it HUMID (I turned the A/C off last night).
4.5 miles.

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Since I was off work today I added 4 miles on the treadmill.

69/75 MILES

amyx33
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
well i dnt know how much this is but i walked leisure for 40 mins today.
I can not walk for alot since i just had a baby thursday still hurts to walk after a long while.
But i am making my way up there.
I start my step diet tomorrow :)

sassybiscuit
07-21-2008, 07:01 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Take it easy!

amyx33
07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
thnks!
i bought my pedometer.
its actually a great one. you enter your stride length and your goals and everything tells you calories burned how long youve walked and howmuch you have left until you reach your goal.
so i am super excited!

lovnmom
07-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Tomato, Welcome!!! You're doing awesome! WTG!

Gary, You are just eating up the miles. I'm getting out there some, but feel like I'm spending more time in a camp chair than anywhere else. The season is almost over...drat...I gotta admit I'm lovin' it. My 8 y/o pitched last night. Holy cow. He walked a couple, but he just kept his composure and made his mooma so proud. More than once I saw his little chest go up in a big cleansing breath. Maybe a natural??? Hey Hey! What play did you see??? I'm going tomorrow night. I was invited by a friend months ago..I think we are seeing "Much Ado About Nothing" something anyway. It should be a fun time. It's an outdoor theater and evryone picnics beforehand. A very nive time.

amyx33, Welcome aboard. Wow, a brand new baby. Congratulations. Like Sassy said, take it easy. I've had 4 children and you really need to get your rest and take care of yourself. This may be your 4th baby too, but I believe all new moms NEED to be reminded to take care of themselves as well. Good luck with the step diet. It seems to be working for Sassy!!

4+ miles with Lori yesterday

14 hours of 31
45.5 walk miles

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Good luck with those steps today AMY and HIEDI.....congratulations on that baby AMY...take it easy!

LOVNMOM ~ Angie and I saw The Phantom Of The Opera. We have an outdoor theater here in our town too which is way cool. We can pic-nic or there are reserved stadium seats right in front so you can eat somewhere else and come just for the show or you can do like we did a few weeks ago for Guys and Dolls and eat at the Italian restaurant there...brought from their restaurant in town and set up under a gazebo. We saw Phantom downtown San Diego.

Was able to get 3 miles in with Angie before she took off for yoga training for the day.

I am off work today so I think I will be able to get a few in on the treadmill later and meet goal for the month.

72/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
amyx33 - I'm glad you got a great pedometer! Don't forget to not "try", it'll mess your average up! If you are going to do the step diet, I started another thread you may want to jump in: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145848&page=2
Was this your first child? It seems like all kinds of people are having babies around me... two neighbors gave birth to their first within 2 weeks of each other! I have one child (he's 7) and I work with kids all day long, I get my fill. :p

Tomato - Welcome! You're doing great! I woke up at 5am yesterday and got on the treadmill. It felt great to have such a strong start for the day!

lovnmom & EZMONEY - You are BOTH burning up the miles, you are so inspirational!

EZMONEY - That outdoor theatre sounds awesome! We had an old drive-in here that we loved to go to. The kids thought it was great. They tore it down this year. I was bummed. I'm not much of a movie-goer, but the drive in made it really fun!

I'm back on track, had a bit of a binge on Sunday. :o I'm gonna make my steps though! We had one heck of a storm last night, we even went to the basement at 2am to be safe! I'll probably get plenty of steps walking around the yard picking up yucky debris. :) Plus I need to mow and pick up puppy poo. YUCK. My MIL is coming over in a bit. I've been trying to clean up the house, but it's not going so well. :dizzy:

amyx33
07-22-2008, 01:58 PM
hey took a 10 min walk this morning because it was so hot and i was starting to get a little hurting .5 miles though! i am going to do 20 mins tonight so i am sloww goin.

Sassy - thanks tons. I started one to because id idnt find one but i will delete it haha;. but yes this is my first child.

lovnmom - thnks alot i am takin it easy alot.. but tomorrow and thursday i have orientation @ university which is alot of walkin so hopefully i will be okay.

ez - thnk yu!!

:hug:

Baskgal
07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
I am still here!

I was out of town last week and still dealing with a painful heel. Luckily I am feeling better and got out there this week.

Yesterday I ran 3 miles and today I got 4 in. I hope to get out there again tomorrow. I have upped my water intake and am feeling better in the heat. I don't think I am going to get to goal this month, but I will keep at it!

Summers are way too long in Florida!

Glad to see we have new members! Welcome to all!

lovnmom
07-22-2008, 04:48 PM
sassy, Glad to hear you're back on track. I slip here and there too, gettin' back on is what's important. Great job!

amyx33, Great job!

Baskgal, Great to see you again. I was hoping your heel had healed by now. I know what you mean about the heat. We've been dealing with really high humidity. I got a little woozy on my walk today. I was plenty hydrated, but too busy to eat!!! Now that's a gift from above!!! It only lasted a bit and I still did my 4 miles in an hour!

Gary, Phantom of the Opera is coming to MNPLS in May. My SIL lives there and we are laying plans already! My daughters and I can hardly waite. That is the one movie I can watch over and over and I can't waite to see it live.

15 hours of 31
49.5 walk miles

amyx33
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
hey thnks lovnmom

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 05:36 PM
After some errands i jumped on the treadmill for 3 miles.

LOVNMOM ~Take it easy out there! I was in MNPLS once...about 18 years ago!

AMY ~I hope the weather tonight is good walking weather for you...no hurry now..you have time to get back in shape.

BASKGAL ~Glad you are back and the heel is better.

SASSY ~Have a great visit with your MIL.

at goal....

75/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Oh by the way ~

Today is the last day of my first year of "journey of better choices"

I went through my journal and added up my miles. Counting today I ran or walked 984 MILES this year. That was all my miles on the treadmill, walking with the dogs and 5K races.

My goal when I started this "journey" was to try and do a 5K ~ 3.1 miles a day, with a day off each week to rest. Although there were days, like today, where I doubled my miles there were days when I was unable to walk.

I was able to achieve that goal!

365 days minus 52 days for rest = 313 days X 3.1 miles = 970.3 miles = 13.7 miles to spare!!

So that means I spent about 250 Hours exercising this year which equals 15,000 minutes which equals about 48 minutes a day of exercise.

I can live with that!:)

amyx33
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Ez - WOW congrats!! keep up the good work :)

Baskgal
07-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Bravo Ez! Very motivating! :carrot::carrot:

I've gotta get out there tomorrow!

Baskgal
07-23-2008, 12:43 PM
I got 4 miles in today. 29/45 so far for this month. I don't know if I will have the chance to get out later in the week, but I will try to get an evening run in.

Found an avacado tree on my run yesterday. Yum....guacamole!

Have a great day everyone! :dizzy:

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Angie and I did 3 again with the mutts this morning.

Thanks gals!

78/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-24-2008, 07:45 PM
3.25 on the treadmill after work.

81.25/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-24-2008, 08:17 PM
YEAH! Good job!

I met my biggest challenge today... attempting to get my daily steps in a pair of strappy sling-back heels. OUCH! BUT - I made it! WHOO-HOO!

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Hi SASSY ~ BASKGAL ~ AMY ~ LOVNMOM ~ EVERYONE

I finished 3.25 on the treadmill again after work. i think Angie and I will be taking our walk with the dogs in the morning to Starbucks. She has had them out every day for 3 or more miles even if I work. She has has had a busy week with 9 hours each day of yoga teacher training.

84.5/75 MILES

lovnmom
07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Gary, Wow, wow, wow, what more is there to say but, wow!!! I think it's so cool that you figured it all out in that way. Your journey has been awesome. I sure hope I'm still tagging along with you next year at this time!!!

Baskgal, you're doing terrific. You're heel must be feeling better?.?

Sassy, Don't make me act like your mom...if you're going to walk a bunch wear good shoes. Pretty please!!!

Football and basketball camp started today for my sons..each camp is only 3 days for 2.5 hours at a time (5 hours per day total) What to do with all that time in town?? Well, Laurie, another mom of boys, and I walked some different loops today. We were pretty close at guessing how far each would be, but we knew we had plenty of time so it didn't matter if we were off by a little. One loop ended up being 5.7 and the other 6.9 when checked with my car odometer. Both were terrific. Just enough hills w/o being too difficult. I'm feeling pretty good today.

18 hours of 31
62 walk miles

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks LOVNMOM! Glad you found some new loops too! Boy those kids are busy...I remember those days! Then my kids are still busy and they are all grown up!

Angie and I had a great walk this morning to Starbucks. We took off a few minutes after 6am, the weather was perfect...just a tiny bit warm and humid. It's going to warm up later though...so glad I am helping my brother move my niece into an upstairs apartment....NOT! I don't mind though!

87.5/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-27-2008, 03:10 PM
I took the mutts out for a quick 1.5 miles. It was going to be a rest day but I figured the calories I lost would help out with the BBQ the kids are having here today and tire the dogs out just a little for the company.

89/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 04:11 PM
Got home from work a little early, just in time to see Angie run off to get a massage, so I jumped on the treadmill for 4 miles and watched Cops.

93/75 MILES

Hope all of you are getting your work-outs in!

EZMONEY
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Off work today so I went with Angie and the mutts for 3 miles this morning.

96/75 MILES

EZMONEY
07-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Had a short day at work so I jumped on the treadmill for 4 miles after I got home. Gives me an even hundred for the month!

I feel so alone here....had to go to the second page to find this...sad....so sad....

I hope you are all doing OK out there!

100/75 MILES

lovnmom
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Gary, Sorry if you've felt abandoned here. I've done one ball tournament after another this week and did not make time for exercise or chatting until today!!! My hours are far behind what I wanted and I can't believe I have not ridden my bike even once this month...all in all my miles I'm ok with though and I haven't gained and I am on track for a modest loss for the month...phew, that was a long sentence. I did get out and do 7.2 miles with Lori today while our sons were at football. She's doing a marathon on August 9th in Hurley,WI...it's the 40th anniversary of said run and it was her first marathon ever last year...anyhoo, you're doing terrific this month. Son's Senior League tourney tomorrow and then my summer is pretty much ALL mine..Have a great day!

19 hours and 45 minutes of 31 hours
69 walk miles

EZMONEY
07-31-2008, 12:13 PM
Angie and I took the dogs out for a short 2 miler this morning before we went to breakfast.

Good to see you are OK LOVNMOM I figured you were just busy.

AMY signed up for the 5K!

Well I went over goal for the month so I am happy. Not sure what August will bring but I will see you all there!

102/75 MILES

sassybiscuit
07-31-2008, 01:11 PM
EZMONEY - You are a machine! I'm doing great, got my steps for the whole month and met every weekly goal! Whoo-hoo!

EZMONEY
07-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Awesome Sassy!

lovnmom
07-31-2008, 07:51 PM
The last day of July found me at the Senior League tournament. We had a tough lost and headed for home much earlier than our 2nd seed had us thinking we would, but it's 89* w/ 100% humidity, so bringing friends home with us to swim seemed like a pretty ok way to spend the rest of the day. I did get in the 4 mile loop all alone. Talk about sweating....I finally crashed my weightloss plateau and actually dropped 3# this month. That feels sooooo good!

Gary, You really moved it out there in your anniversary month. Looking forward to walkin' with you in August!

Sassy, WTG!!! I see you're upping your goal for August. Good for you. I'll have to think what I want to set for goals in August. Look for a new thread for August. Usually EZ starts it. Looking forward to steppin' it out with you too.

20 hours 50 min of 31 hours
73 walk miles

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 10:44 AM
STOP POSTING HERE AND GO TO THE AUGUST CHALLENGE HERE ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147936