Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:07 AM   #1  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default Physical Challenges -- July 2008

WELCOME EVERYONE ~ this thread is for anyone with any kind of physical obstacle and/or challenge like SB, CP, MS, MD, PK, Lupus, Osteo, Arthritis, Rheumatism, or any other condition (s), whether genetic or acquired (like injuries), that causes physical limitations and/or difficulties.

Please join us in this special thread ~ to give support and encouragement; and share ideas, or just chat with one another ...

HAPPY JULY EVERYONE
Old 07-01-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Well, this is our official Canada Day holiday (our version of the 4th. ) and it looks like Summer has really arrived in northern Nova Scotia -- going to be a really hot and humid day.

Hope the rest of your have a great one on the go . . . see you later.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #3  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

Hi Ladies

Happy July gosh is it really July yet another month passes me by so swiftly. We are now half way through 2008 where does time go to

It has been a lovely hot day today though it is suppose to dramatically change to rain tomorrow. Hey that is typical British weather for you, hot one me and cold the next. Talk about not knowing how to dress each day. I tend to look outside and decide from my wardrobe (closet) what is best suited for todays weather. So one day you have a warm sweater or cardigan the next you are in short sleeve thin cotton blouses.

Today has been rather busy for me, I have had treatment in the oxygen tank. Then DH has began his training as a number 2 operator. Number 1 operators always have to be on duty whilst the tank is operating. They will deal with any real emergency in the tank or fire in the building. You take as a number 2 operator instructions from them in those circumstances. DH said he had enjoyed today and that the time whizzed by so quickly. I prepared yesterday a healthy lunch to take with us. We had a chicken sandwich, with strawberries and raspberries afterwards. Well it certainly filled the gap for lunch time. I had a low fat and low in calorie frozen meal for tonights tea. Though I did pack it out with medley of vegetables ( good excuse to use up all those little bits of vegetables), we had parsnip, carrots, broccoli and cabbage. I always have at least one green vegetable a day on my plate. I do try and attempt to have 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day which the government recommend.

Well it is getting rather late and match sticks are needed to keep my eyes open as I have been up since 7.30am. I don't do early mornings I leave that to my feathered friends the birds . hello to MEOWEE, Rosebud and Val. I hope you are all well and taking care of yourselves. So bye for now
Old 07-02-2008, 09:24 AM   #4  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Another hot and sticky day . . . but at least the sun is shining. Absolutely have to go out to the grocery store today since I cannot tolerate another day without my gigantic salad.

Hope everybody else has a great day . . . see you later . . . Carrot:
Old 07-02-2008, 10:37 AM   #5  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

I just got back from curves -- a friend and I joined together and we pull each other out of bed 3 times a week to get a morning workout done. I actually really enjoy it -- I expected to hate it.

It's been warm up here too.... but I got my 5k done late on the evening of June 30th. The mosquitos kept me on my toes! Have you been able to start the first segment of your 5k Rosebud?

I'm off to work. take care!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:17 PM   #6  
Onward and Downward

I finished my 5K yesterday . . . did it on the Gazelle . . . no way I could walk in all that heat and humidity outside. Still took me 63+ minutes.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #7  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Well apparently yesterday was the hottest day we have had this year in the UK. It has been mainly sunny today with one or two short showers but they quickly dried up.

I did my gardening duties today opening up rubbish (garbage) bags whilst DH put grass in he has mowed. I am very wobbly on my legs today for some reason, I want to go one way and they seem to want to go the other I have felt very tired today which is unusual as I had my oxygen treatment yesterday so I am normally full of beans. Mind you did take a while to drop off to sleep last night with being so hot and humid.

I would like to join something like curves Val or a gym but I am still self conscious I can not get my minds body image to catch up with actually how I do look I am approximately 25lbs weight loss to just be in the category of "normal" weight by the BMI scales. I know 25lbs is not a huge milestone to get to and I am sure no body would blink an eye lid if I went in but I still lack so much confidence. My confidence has risen so much more now since the weight loss but not enough

on the 5km to those who have done it that is some achievement be proud of yourself for doing it. It is not how quick you do it I am sure it is not first past the post, the fact is you have taken part. I am unable to do that distance unless I break it down in to a couple of days or more just depends how the legs and whether they are playing "game"

Cooked a piece of turkey today (breast meat only) so that I may make into sandwiches or have for salads. I have cut it into 2 pieces as it way too big for just the 2 of us. The other piece went into the freezer for another day.

I am flagging now and my bed is calling. So night night ladies. Take care ladies and look after yourselves

Last edited by purpleorc; 07-02-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:53 AM   #8  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies and good morning

It is a bit nippy this morning so I have had to wrap up. Mind you I have became a right Eskimo Nell I am very sensitive to the slightest bit of cold and either my hands or feet are freezing. My body is nice and warm but those extremities are certainly not.

I am going out today for lunch with BIL have not seen him for a week so it will be nice to catch up with him again. I will have to start preparing some vegetables to put with my chicken for tomorrow. I am also going to put some beans in (tin of mixed beans which I will wash throughly as they are in brine water). I have never used them but I thought they will help pack out that dinner with all important pulses which are filling. I could not find for the life of me in the supermarket the lentils, we did ask but the assistant sent us to the bit with noodles in I did not want to traipse round any longer so gave it up as a bad job as I felt it was not urgent supplies. I do like lentils though they are nice in casseroles and soups. I also like them curried but I have not had curry for months due to my stomach ulcer which is taking its time to heal. (more like I am impatient )

Hi to MEOWEE, ROSEBUD & VAL hope that you are all well. I hope your holiday (vacation) is going wonderfully and you are enjoying yourself with your family. It seems ages since you have had any holiday away so I bet it is well deserved.

Well no more news or gossip for today so have a lovely day one and all. So till next time ladies take care and look after yourselves

Last edited by purpleorc; 07-03-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 AM   #9  
Onward and Downward

Wow . . . I'd like a little of your cool . . . . . . Another sizzler of a hot and humid day around here with the humidex aiming for the very high 30'sC (about 100 F) . . . just trying to remind myself that it won't be long before I'm complaining about the cold and snow again.

I hate to wear my sunglasses indoors but seems I will be scaring small children (and maybe large adults, too) if I don't. I had a major hemorrhage in my left eye early last evening. Now, I am prone to these, but usually they are just a little red area and go away in a few days. This one is covering the entire white of the eye, looks almost black, and it is actually quite sore (because the eye feels too big for the socket since it is engorged with so much blood). Yes, before you say it . . . I did go and spend most of the evening in Emergency just so I could be assured that it was just a more dramatic version of the regular problem and the eye was not about to shoot out across the room. The emerg doctor did say that this one, because it is so bad, could take a couple of weeks to totally drain; but other than that nothing to worry about. Funny timing -- I have to go an pick up my newly fixed glasses at the optician today -- imagine this will be a little distracting for them as they do the final fitting stuff. I do look like something that came from outer space right now.

Anyway . . . hope everybody else has a great day.

Last edited by meowee; 07-03-2008 at 07:06 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:30 AM   #10  
MSer living healthy

Good morning ladies

We are very lucky MEOWEE with having a much more temperate climate than yourselves. We do not not get the really hot days or the really cold. I can not remember the last time we really had any snow. We may get the tiny sprinkling of it which looks as though someone has come along and dusted it with icing sugar (confectioners sugar I think it is called).

Sorry to hear that you have a blood shot eye due to a haemorrhage. They look horrid don't they my DH gets "mild" ones if any of them are mild. I hope you get better soon. I bet you are looking forward to the new glasses I usually do. Though it does not need to come round too often as they are very expensive here especially as I have a complex lens called a varifocal.

Well today was my weigh in day and I have now made 8 stone lost (stone = 14lbs) I never imagined in my wildest dreams I be ever celebrating that milestone. So I have had to set a new mini goal to head towards and that is 119lbs lost and that will be 8.5 stone. Though by this time I am creeping toward normal on the BMI scale or as near as I am going to get too

Well time for me to go and get my coffee drunk. So bye for now take care ladies till next time
Old 07-04-2008, 07:21 AM   #11  
Onward and Downward

to you ORC . . . wonderful accomplishment, Chickie.

As for me . . . nothing new . . . the eye did not miraculously clear up overnight . . . and we are going to have another really hot day, but the humidity is not quite as bad.

Hope all the US-based Chickies have a very very HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY WEEKEND.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM   #12  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . . wherever you are and whatever you are doing . . .
Old 07-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #13  
MSer living healthy

Hi Ladies

Crickey today just whooshed by and before I knew it it was late evening here and I had not paid a visit to 3fc. So here I am better late than never I have had a lazy day though as I am feeling very tired at the moment yesterday I did end up going to bed in the afternoon as I was so whacked out. Though I have faired better than yesterday. I have been catching up on my taped programmes from television though still have plenty to watch Seem to got behind lately though not taping much this week so such start to catch up big style.

It has been a day that has been threatening rain all day on and off. At times we had some really black looking clouds though nothing came of it. Apparently there are some weather warnings today for the south east of England for high winds which could damage property. I am fortunate that I do not live in that part but I hope those who do are OK.

I hope our American citizens are having a wonderful weekend for the celebrations for the 4th of July. Thanks to MEOWEE for reminding me of this special day.

No more news today so bye bye ladies

Last edited by purpleorc; 07-05-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #14  

Hi everyone! My name is Holly. My family and I are about to move to Florida.....which makes me a little , yet a little because of my weight gain. I am about 5'5 1/2 and weigh 145 pounds, sigh. I was always a big child, weighing 189 pounds when I was 13. I have since grown up, lol, gotten married and had 3 wonderful children. I was down to 133 pounds, but, have since gained back the 12 pounds. I have a HORRIBLE sweet/carb tooth. It seems I can't go a day without a treat. The problem is that I used to be able to workout like a maniac to burn off the calories, but, have since developed fibromyalgia and a hip problem which limits the types and amounts of cardio I can do.

I would really like to get down to between 125 and 130 pounds, though, am not sure if I can ever get that low. I realized that I need a support group because my husband isn't much help....he loves food and isn't afraid to eat it....no matter what it is! lol

Last edited by chikitababe; 07-06-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Hi HOLLY . . . to the group . . . physical problems certainly don't make weight loss any easier but try to take solace in the fact that the "experts" all say that for women particularly, weight control is at least 75% in the eating-less and only 25% in the moving-more. You can do it, Chickie.

And . . . a great big Good Morning for all the rest of you too.
Closed Thread