Support Groups - Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #3

View Full Version : Crazy Canuks Cluck Club - 2008 #3

meowee
07-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :grouphug: . . .

Well it's a brand new day and it's the first of July (HAPPY CANADA DAY) . . . so, since our old thread is getting pretty long . . .

. . . here we are at our new chat thread for the next few months.

One little spot in the great big 3FC world where we can speak/spell 'Canadian' when we need to . . . use the metric system for temperatures and measurements . . . and talk about great 'finds' for the diet concious in Canadian stores . . . all without having to wonder if anybody else will know what it is we are talking about.

If you are a continuing member . . . :welcome:. . . glad you found us and don't forget to "subscribe" to the new thread so you'll be able to find us more easily from now on. If you are a brand new member . . . :wel3fc: . . . as well. Tell us where you're from and what your programme is and then just jump on in and start posting.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. If we just keep doing the best we can, as much as we can, the rewards will follow.

See you soon . . . :wave:

meowee
07-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Hi gang . . . looks like the long hot Summer is finally with us . . . we are in for another hot and steamy one in northern Nova Scotia, but at least there is some sun in the forecast for the holiday today.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . try to keep things moving and shaking. :yes:

scrappinRN
07-01-2008, 09:37 AM
I am from the Windsor area in Ontario, and having been trying to lose weight since I was a young girl. Of course I wasn't overweight then but I thought I was, but now I am for sure. I have about 50 lbs to lose and lots of toning to do, but am having an injury to my knee which makes it hard. :mad:.
Kids are home for summer which is always a challenge on my eating and exercise plan but I keep trying because I think part of my knee problem is related to the weight, so I am motivated.Plus, I don't want to die of heart disease(bad family history), and my dream it to be a toned hot women in her 40's. :yay:
Looking forward to meeting all of you.

meowee
07-01-2008, 09:54 AM
:welcome: . . . glad to have you joining us . . . :hug:

Know what you mean about not being overweight but thinking you are -- I spent most of my twenties weighing 125 pounds and alsways striving for 110. Now, wowee, I'll be happy to get to 150 and absolutely overjoyed to think that 125 might be in my future again.

retiredone
07-01-2008, 03:18 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! We've finally got some good weather today so it's a perfect day for a holiday. I did the 3FC Canada Day 5k walk this morning and it was great to do it in the sun for a change. Hope the weather holds up until Christmas!

Ruthxxx
07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Lovely day at last! I've been doing some gardening, some reading, some Fair preparation and enjoying the sun. There's a lot of noise coming from the Park so I'm glad I stayed here. I'm supposed to go to a BBQ tonight but feel a bit draggy so may stay home and try out my own new BBQ. I have lovely lettuce and wee new potatoes so that's an incentive.

I hope everyone is having a day of celebration and fun.

harmonyBelle
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Happy Canada Day greetings from Prince Rupert BC!
I celebrated by going for a 1.5 hr walk along the waterfront trail with a friend this morning. After so many successive gray days, the sunshine was glorious. I'm so happy to have to bust out the sunscreen at long last! ;)

LauraNS
07-02-2008, 05:35 AM
Happy Canada Day greetings from Prince Rupert BC!
I celebrated by going for a 1.5 hr walk along the waterfront trail with a friend this morning. After so many successive gray days, the sunshine was glorious. I'm so happy to have to bust out the sunscreen at long last! ;)

Sounds like a nice walk, Harmony. Nice to meet you, by the way!
Laura

:df::df::df::df::df:

srmb60
07-02-2008, 06:03 AM
Morning!

Where's that Tomato? and anyone else from around here actually. It's just over three weeks until we meet in Stratford. I'm inordinately excited to meet someone from 3FC.

meowee
07-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Hot and sticky -- very -- in Nova Scotia this morning. :mad: Unusual for us to get such a spell of high humidity levels so early in the Summer.

How are things looking in your 'neck of the woods'?

Halichick
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Hello Crazies!!

I'm back from my vacation... 3 lbs heavier :P I did have a good time though, and went way off plan a few times. I'm in the middle of unpacking right now, just wanted to drop by and say hello and let you all know I'm still alive. LOL

LauraNS
07-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Hello Crazies!!

I'm back from my vacation... 3 lbs heavier :P I did have a good time though, and went way off plan a few times. I'm in the middle of unpacking right now, just wanted to drop by and say hello and let you all know I'm still alive. LOL

Helloooo Halichick from another Haligonian!

Woohoo......i'm so excited to see another person from Halifax here. Nice to meet you. Glad you had a good vacation...where did you go?

Have a good day.

:df::df::df::df::df::df:

LauraNS
07-03-2008, 05:53 AM
Morning gals

Well......the scale seems to be moving again perhaps thanks to the Turbo Jam workouts. I'm going to try order another one from the states as our Amazon.ca doesn't have what i'm looking for :( Coming up to my dreaded number i never seem to get past though so that will be tough if i get there. I'll have to break through it. Could up the exercise but have to be careful about eating enough to go with it so that my body doesn't balk at it and refuse - lol. For now i'll just keep doing what i'm doing and maybe i'll just sneak past that number over the next couple of weeks. Quite frankly it's great losing a couple of pounds again but i'd be just as happy knowing i could consistently lose 2 lbs a months....i'd be thrilled with that. Anyways...... i even had a sausage last night just for a change and felt guilty, but just need something diferent so badly. But .....there you go......it didn't seem to hurt me on the scale.
Today's weight: 181

Have a great day everyone and thanks for listening.

srmb60
07-03-2008, 05:58 AM
Morning!

It rained again last night. But it's lovely this morning. A cool, fresh breeze. Isn't it a shame to waste such a beautiful day by going to work?

meowee
07-03-2008, 07:30 AM

Boy, we are looking at another really hot and sticky day with the humidex in the very high 30's. Just wipes you out. Soooooo . . . please send that cool breeze this way. :yes:

I'm working on my second cup and hoping the :coffee: helps me get up the courage to go out on the normal mall-crawl later on today. Hate to wear my sunglasses indoors but seems I will be scaring small children, and maybe large adults, too if I don't.

I had a major hemorrhage in my left eye early last evening. I am prone to these, but usually they are just a little red area and go away in a few days. This one is covering the entire white of the eye, which now looks almost black, nd it is actually sore (because the eye feels too big for the socket since it is engorged with so much blood). I look like something that "came from outer space". :dizzy: Yes, I did go and spend most of last evening in Emergency so I could be assured that it was just a more dramatic version of the regular problem and the eye was not about to shoot out across the room. The emerg doctor did say that this one, because it is so bad, could take a couple of weeks to totally drain; but other than that nothing to really worry about.

:lol: Funny timing -- I have to go an pick up my newly fixed glasses at the optician today -- imagine this will be a little distracting for them as they do the final fitting stuff. :rofl:

Hope everybody else has a great day . . . keep things moving and shaking as much as you can, gang. :wave:

Ruthxxx
07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
Soft and gentle rain this morning. After June, I never thought I'd be glad to seer rain but the lads seeded the area around my barn where they graded last week so the timing is perfect.

Today will be a peaceful day indoors. I have lots to do but no pressure today i.e. meetings and/or appointments. I plan to freeze strawberries and garlic scapes unless I decide to make pesto with the scapes.

Yes, Susan, play hooky!

Meowee, hope your eye gets smaller. What a feeling that must be!

Another Haligonian! We need to all get together for coffee down there. I am sort of stuck in the middle between the Maritimers and the Ontario Banana Boaters.

Tomato
07-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Morning!

Where's that Tomato? and anyone else from around here actually. It's just over three weeks until we meet in Stratford. I'm inordinately excited to meet someone from 3FC.

I am right here! I haven't been online for a couple of days, I was killing myself at the gym and in the garden. I thought last night I was dead for sure - my legs and my arms would not work any longer and to sit down on the john was an exercise in will power - I had to decide what's worst, the pain in my thighs or a ruptured bladder.

ScrappinRN, are you sure you don't want to join SusanB and myself for a lovely little get-together on July 26th? It is not that far from Windsor (I have a gal regularly driving from Windsor to Guelph for get-togethers from a different forum). Too bad Ruthxxx is a bit too far.
I am so excited about this - you have no idea!:dance::dance:

MemoryBelle - GREAT avatar!!!!:D

meowee
07-04-2008, 08:06 AM

srmb60
07-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Good morning!

I'm going to take my next cup of coffee out onto the deck. Lovely morning!

Tomato
07-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I wish I could take my coffee out on the deck, too, but I am at work. :p
Well, we are getting lunch at work today - since today is July 4th and most of our customers are in the US, this is a slow day for us (a well deserved breather). We got an email yesterday that we are getting lunch today but no word yet as to what it's going to be. I am guessing it will be the usual - i.e. pizza in all sorts of flavours, so I came well prepared (with my own lunch and snacks) as usual.

harmonyBelle
07-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Grey and overcast here today. Rain looks imminent.
I ought to get off my derriere and do my walk before it starts.

Like our American friends, I get the day off. But I have to work tomorrow. My agenda today includes trips to the recycling centre, the bottle depot and the Sally Ann. I am in de-clutter mode.

Hope everyone has a great day.

meowee
07-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Good Morning Crazies . . . :wave:

We had our second round of fireworks on behalf of all the Yankee tourists here for our annual Lobster Carnival weekend -- and, nobody even fell into the harbour. :lol:

Looks like another near perfect summer day for us -- sunny, warm, but not muggy -- gotta :love: it.

Hope the rest of you get some good stuff too . . . :wave:

LauraNS
07-06-2008, 06:16 AM
Morning gals

It was 6:30 and i was about to get up to do my workout when my mil. got up for church so that put an end to my privacy for exercise. Maybe she's headed out early and i can start when she goes and still get it done before anyone else gets up. Got my workout ........OH .......she's out the door.....gotta go.......yippeee.......back later. x

meowee
07-06-2008, 08:08 AM
I really have to admit that there are advantages to living alone. :yes:

Looks like another nice sunny one although the humidity does seem to be a little higher this morning. This will be the second year in a row that the Lobster Carnival did not get rained on.

Hope everybody else has a good weather day, too . . . see you later. :carrot:

LauraNS
07-06-2008, 08:14 AM
Back :yes:

There......now i'm happier i got my workout in. It's amazing that now that i know the steps better, the time just flies by doing the workout. I had a really good workout except for the stitch in my side...oh well.

Oh i have to tell you i was laughing til my sides hurt yesterday. Was looking around to order another workout dvd and came across some customer reviews for several "weight loss " items. The item i was looking at got a way more thumbs-down than up and i was puzzled by this....but everyone is different. And then i got reading some of the reviews and then i didn't feel so influenced by the negative reviews about the dvd i was looking at. Afterall.....can you trust reviews that give high numbers of praise for "the miracle fat reducing cream"? :rofl: I'm sorry .....i just don't believe in that stuff and people are going on about how great it is. Oh well.....it gave me a good laugh.

I'm not weighing myself for a few days. I know if i get on the scales right now and i've gained a pound ( and it could only be water/fluid ) i'll get ticked off and say to hang with it. So......if i stay away from the scale and exercise, i have to be a good girl because i'm assuming all my efforts are moving in the right direction and i have to keep it going that way. Funny seeing the scale go up doesn't make me want to try harder....just makes me depressed and figuring what's the use it's not working. The psychology trips we use on ourselves, huh?

Meowee.....i hope your eye is getting better, hon. Everyone else doing ok?
Another gorgeous day here. Take care everyone. x

JuliaDH
07-06-2008, 03:26 PM
We are having a wonderful weekend! The weather is nice. We did a trip to Elora Gorge and got our 5k in hiking and playing in the river.

Sorry not going to be able to make it to the Statford meet. We are camping that weekend and going to the Fergus Truck Show.

Taking in some rest before another big week of babysitting gets started.

Have a great one all!

srmb60
07-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Morning!

We'll just have to do another meet up!

We've had a few very beautiful days here but I think it's supposed to get stinkin' hot for a couple now. Drat!

Ruthxxx
07-07-2008, 06:25 AM
Good morning. It's the start of a normal week at last! We should never have two holidays in the same week! I feel I've been in the middle of a feeding frenzy!

This morning - in 90 minutes :yikes: - we start the judging of the school work for the Fair. Ir's going to be hot so I hope we manage to get through the over 1200 entries by noon. We have a very efficient judge and a good team helping with the display so it's possible.

I plan to relax with some sewing this afternoon and then go to dinner at my sister's place. The rest of the week looks calm.

I hope your Monday and week is wonderful and you get a chance to enjoy summer.

greeneggsandtam
07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Good Morning Canucks! It has been so long since I've been around. Good to see some familiar names. Hello again! I hope the summer has been good to everyone so far. I've been on plan and off plan since the spring, but here again so that's yet another start! I'm still playing soccer and cycling around town, but I've been indulging way too much! My partner has his two sons living here and they love the beer and the chips. Nightmare!! So do I!! haha. I've gotta getta grip on that. I'll bet I've put on ten pounds or so. I tried to convince myself my jeans weren't getting tighter but the evidence is pretty clear. Haha Anyways... Last night I wanted to strangle the dear man, as he brought CHIPS TO BED.
I mean...who does that anyways?? Chips in bed? *tries not to sound hysterical*
I wanted to strangle him, take the chips and of course - eat them. But I didn't. I got up - peeled a carrot and ate that. Who eats in bed anyways? Anyways. One small victory, and we will be having a discussion about chips in bed. Haha

Tomato
07-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry not going to be able to make it to the Statford meet. We are camping that weekend and going to the Fergus Truck Show.

Darn Fergus Truck Show! Spoiling your chance of coming over to Stratford. :p
But like Susan said, we will just have to have another one.

This was a nice weekend, although for me, anything over 25C is redundant. But, I still managed to get oodles of work done in the garden (and about 10x more oodles still remaining). I am hoping for some rain soon, because only silly Tomato decides to lay sod in July (:?:). But, I also have a huge huge hydrangea shrub that is in full bloom right now .... but it gets wrecked each year by a heavy rain - the stems are not strong enough to support the weight of the bloom plus the water. There is nothing I can do but it bothers me each year.

Air conditiong at work is cranked up way too high .... I am sitting here in a fleece sweater while asphalt if melting indoors.

For some reason, I have a strong craving for McD's fries. Oh well, I better go and get a refill of my water. I sweated tons during my run yesterday as well as in the afternoon in the garden, and I drank over 3.5 litres of water yesterday.

JuliaDH
07-07-2008, 01:26 PM
Tomato - :hug: Imagine bull horn to my lips :D----Step AWAY from those Fries. They are NOT yummy...The cravings are LIES:..:devil:

Have a great day everyone!

Tomato
07-07-2008, 01:28 PM

Darn Fergus Truck Show! Spoiling your chance of coming over to Stratford. :p
But like Susan said, we will just have to have another one.

This was a nice weekend, although for me, anything over 25C is redundant. But, I still managed to get oodles of work done in the garden (and about 10x more oodles still remaining). I am hoping for some rain soon, because only silly Tomato decides to lay sod in July (:?:). But, I also have a huge huge hydrangea shrub that is in full bloom right now .... but it gets wrecked each year by a heavy rain - the stems are not strong enough to support the weight of the bloom plus the water. There is nothing I can do but it bothers me each year.

Air conditiong at work is cranked up way too high .... I am sitting here in a fleece sweater while asphalt if melting indoors.

For some reason, I have a strong craving for McD's fries. Oh well, I better go and get a refill of my water. I sweated tons during my run yesterday as well as in the afternoon in the garden, and I drank over 3.5 litres of water yesterday. :smug:

meowee
07-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Hi gang . . . it's been a busy, busy day . . . hopefully tomorrow will be better. :grouphug:

meowee
07-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh wow . . . another sticky and hot day . . . Started cleaning out closets first thing this morning and I'm now hot and exhausted even with the A/C going; but proud of myself. Eight large bags for the garbage and another three for the SallyAnne. I was ruthless. If it wasn't so hot and humid, I'd tackle the garage while I'm in "the mood", but afraid that will just have to wait.

Later . . . :grouphug:

LauraNS
07-09-2008, 06:01 AM
Morning Canuck chicks :hug:

Didn't do a workout this morning even though i went to bed really early so i could get up and do one. Just kept waking up during the night and then don't have any energy because i'm still tired. Did do one yesterday though. It was so warm i didn't really bother eating last night ( tsk tsk ) had a couple of stone wheat thins with a bit of philly on them - quite yummy.

Going to be another hot day along the coast here. I'm worried these few days of hot sunny weather are going to be our summer.

Have a good day everyone. Laura x

:df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

meowee
07-09-2008, 06:55 AM
OMG . . . Nova Scotia is definitely in for another sizzler today . . . I feel completely enervated already. :mad: To top things off, both my blood sugar and my weight are up this morning. Oh well, such is life sometimes. :shrug:

srmb60
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
We didn't get much of the expected rain yesterday. I'm glad I watered my hanging baskets.

This morning it was overcast with a glorious breeze but I see now that the sun is shining. I'll bet it gets hot later.

meowee
07-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Supposedly we only have one more hot and sticky day to get through and then we are going to get a little change in the weather. :crossed:

LauraNS
07-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Morning Gals :hug:

Did my workout this morning. Had a bite to eat beforehand to see if it would give me a bit more energy to put into my workout. Usually i just get up, throw my gear on and get my workout started asap. Not sure if it made that much difference......but i'll see how the day goes.

It's cloudy and there's a nice breeze at the moment......supposed to be sunny again......we'll see what it does along the coast here. You never know.

Have a good day everyone.
:df::df::df::df::df::df::df:
Current weight: 181

srmb60
07-10-2008, 08:14 AM
It is gloriously fresh and breezy here this morning. If this blows through to the Maritimes ... you're in for a good one soon. Lovely!

Ruthxxx
07-10-2008, 08:21 AM
Gloriously sunny and not hot today. I have a busy day that is about to start with taking wee Disney to the groomer. This afternoon one of my grand dogs comes for a very long weekend - until Tuesday. I plan to plant some more stuff at the fairgrounds today to tiddle it up for opening day - July 24.

This really feels like summer and is as it should be.

JuliaDH
07-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh Susan I loved waking up this morning and having that fresh air blowing in the window! Now to wash floors and clean the bathroom. Then go to Victoria Park with the kids so they can play at the splash pad!

Ali17
07-10-2008, 07:58 PM
waaahooo!! finally found some canadians around here :) Im from edmonton alberta and have been trying to lose weight for the past couple of years im hoping to lose around 30 or so pounds in appx 5 months (once and for all) I just need to keep up the motivation and keep my eyes on the prize!!

LauraNS
07-11-2008, 05:33 AM
Morning gals :grouphug:

Hiya Ali........nice to meet you. Glad you found us - the more the merrier!

The grayness has disappeared and it will probably be a sunny day again. The only thing exciting happening ( nothing on the weightloss front ) is that i bought a purple purse! Wooohooo!!!! My fav colour. Did you guess that already? lol

Have a good day eveyone. x:df::df::df::df::df::df::df::df:
Current weight: 181 still

meowee
07-11-2008, 07:41 AM
:welcome: ALI . . . glad to have you with us . . . :hug:

Wow . . . a pleasant morning around Northern Nova Scotia . . . nice and sunny and nice and warm . . . but with tolerable humidity for a change . . . :yay: Thank you Ontari-ari-ari-o and all other points west of here. :grouphug:

LauraNS
07-12-2008, 07:45 AM
Morning gals :hug:

I ate more carbs yesterday than i normally do but seemed to have more energy for my workout this morning so maybe that's why?

I was laughing......almost had an accident during my workout. My siamese and i intersected! I don't know if dogs or other cats do this, but my cat gets a burst of energy after he's visited his "bathroom" in the morning. He runs like a herd of horses up 3 flights of stairs, around the circle of the main floor and sometimes back up and down again! Anyways this morning on his way through the living room, he collided with my leg as i was doing my Turbo Jam:rofl: Thank god he's a little guy and soft otherwise he would have knocked me over!

I wish i had someone to go play some basketball with or run around and TRY play squash/raquetball. Just would be fun.....something different from walking and cardio and still get some exercise. Oh well.

Have a good day everyone. Laura x:df::df::df::df::df::df::df:

meowee
07-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Hi Crazies . . . :wave: . . . another nice day for Northern NS. :yay:

meowee
07-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave: . . . wherever you are, I hope you are having good weather and lots of fun.

srmb60
07-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Good morning!

We are having a lovely fresh breezy morning so far. I hope it stays that way. Very nice!

wannabe little
07-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Good morning crazies!
It's nice to see you all on here. I'm Di from Niagara Falls.
It's beautiful here this morning but not too hot. I'm getting my kids ready to go hiking. :carrot:

Ruthxxx
07-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Glorious morning here! I'm about to go outside and tackle the borrowed pressure washer. The dog pool, patio and decks will be clean by noon - or else not, if I can't get the darned thing to work.

When all else fails, I may have to call the guy who loaned it to me! The problem is that he will just come over and do the job and I want to try it out myself before I buy one.

Before I dive into self-inflicted frustration, I'm going to take one of the dogs for a village walk while it's still lovely and cool.

Happy Monday!

meowee
07-15-2008, 08:56 AM
Good Morning to all the Crazies . . . :grouphug:

Hope everybody has a great day planned. :yes: We are looking at another hot and steamy one; with thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon. Guess I'll be finding myself indoor things to do.

See you all later . . . :wave:

Wd2crv
07-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone! I am from Oakville, Ontario and I am new to this forum - barely a half an hour old and already 200 lbs!!! LOL

I am not sure what program I am planning - I did WW for a while with some success but it was too costly. I have a membership with Curves and enjoy that very much although have not been for a couple of months. I used to go regularly but I don't know what happened.

I dieted for the first time in my life this past year and lost 17 pounds but it is all now back on - sound familiar! I hate being so cliche!! LOL

I quit smoking 1.5 years ago - YEAH - and am now ready to lose this weight! Then I will be one hot chick ready to enter her 50s (turned 49 last monday)!

I can't wait to meet all of you - please excuse me while I learn all your names!

:hug:

meowee
07-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Hi there . . . and :welcome: . . . indeed your story is a familiar one. Most of us have been travelling along that same road many a time. Glad that you found us, Chickie -- together we can all do it. :hug:

SSDD around northrn NS -- weather report last night said it was going to be cooler and less muggy today; but weather report this morning has changed it's mind about that. At least it's sunny.

Hope parts west of me are getting a better day . . . :grouphug:

LauraNS
07-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi Wd2cry! Nice to meet you. :hug:
Laura
:df::df::df::df::df::df:

meowee
07-17-2008, 09:42 AM
Morning . . . :wave:

Another sunny, hot, sticky day . . . we could really, really use a good rain . . . so, if you've got any to spare, please send it this way. :yes:

meowee
07-18-2008, 06:53 AM
SSDD -- :wave:

Ruthxxx
07-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Rain to spare here, Meowee. T-storms went through around 2 AM and woke the village dogs. Mine ignore the whole thing although Hershey does lift her head slightly and give a woof.

The Village is cranking up for the Fair (http://www.deltafair.com/) which opens next Thursday. Some of the ride trailers are already in the grounds - a magnet for every 10-year old kid with a bike! It's just a country fair but sure causes excitement around here - and traffic down my road to the parking!

I'm off to Brockville this morning for a shop - I need groceries before my ravenous visitors descend next week. I'm also doing some cooking for meals in the Fair Office during the Fair so need to get supplies - chili and beef stew are big hits.

Hope your TGIF is a great one.

LauraNS
07-19-2008, 08:03 AM
Morning gals :grouphug:

How's everyone today?

I did my work out and now off to the mall to try find my son a birthday present. Not that i'll get anything but a grunt ( if i'm lucky ) when i give it to him lol.

We were supposed to get much needed rain overnight , but not a drop. How often does that happen around here that we can't get some needed rain!

I don't know if i mentioned that, after looking at some threads, i'm fairly certain i have PCOS. I've had so many of the symptoms over the years and they never got put together. Now i have to wait a couple of weeks to get a doc's appt. to get her to order the blood tests for me. I talked to my naturopath's receptionist and she said there a couple different ways of treating it naturally so i'm hopefull. Anyways.....it would explain all the symptoms and why i'm beating my head against the wall trying to lose weight.

Soooooo.......everyone have a healthy day

JuliaDH
07-19-2008, 08:33 AM
Good Morning its off to the market before the rain comes!

meowee
07-19-2008, 11:34 AM
We did get some rain overnight -- not enough, but some -- and it looks like there may be more to come. Still pretty hot and muggy, though.

meowee
07-20-2008, 07:20 AM
:wave: . . . :mag: . . . wherever you are. :D

LauraNS
07-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Morning all

Didn't exercise this morning.......thought i need a normal weekend day and sleep in a bit , so i did. Going to a movie this afternoon, so will probably go to the gym on the way back to the house ... no excuse....it's right there.

I ate very low cal yesterday but wasn't hungry - which is a good thing. Had veggies, meat and fruit. At one time i had stopped eating wheat and dairy to see if that would make a difference for me heatlhwise but it didn't seem to make too much of a diff. Now i'm trying to eat minimal starchy carbs because if i have the PCOS, most recommend that's the best way to go. I had a breaded veal cutlet and 4 triscuits yesterday for my "bread" and i really don't miss it. It's more the convenienve of eating bread......being able to have a quick piece of toast or using bread to hold things inside it! I'm getting my carbs from my fruit, a bit from cottage cheese and yoghurt.....things like that. I like to allow myself a little treat and calculate it into my cals, but am going to make a concerted effort not to eat prcocessed sugar ( except in the yoghurt). That means i have to ignore the licorice that's kept in my desk drawer at work that everyone comes out to steal when they need a sugar fix or they're bored and need an excuse!!! I'm almost beginning to wonder if the little bit of sugar i have and not the cals that is my actual problem. If i'm insulin resistant with this syndrome.....i suppose that could be a possibility. Any little bit of sugar probably messes up my system.

( am i driving you all nuts with my ramblings? - let me know if i am ) Just kinda thinking outloud and trying to be accountable.

Anyways......have a nice Sunday. Let's hope we get some rain soon Meowee......supposed to get some last night and still none.

:grouphug: Laura
Current weight: 180 ( sure it will be up again tomorrow...but i'll take it for today!

LauraNS
07-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Didn't do my workout this morning but i was a good girl and went to the gym this aft on the way to the movie. Burned off 470 cals ( realizing it's all an estimate ). So redeemed myself from sleeping in this morning.

Other than healthy food, i've had one small square of chocolate and 5 chips. I didn't have anything at the movie.

Watching 10 lb boot camp. Watch all those shows and often think i should be working a lot harder to lose a bit of weight .......when i see what he puts them through. ( but secretly glad i'm not! )

Have a good evening everyone x
Current weight: 180

meowee
07-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh you are a good little dobee . . . I've been really slacking on the exercise the past couple of days. :o

mountain mama
07-20-2008, 11:28 PM
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]

Other than healthy food, i've had one small square of chocolate and 5 chips. I didn't have anything at the movie.

Having treats at the movie is the hardest thing to deny. It's like watching movies and food are connected somehow..
im in the process of trying to diss-associate food with going to the movies. It's hard! And I dont know why.. i'm usually done the treat before the previews are even over anyway!!! hehe

In conclusiion, major kudos for no treats at the movie!! :)

LauraNS
07-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi Meowee and Fauxtini

I just wish the exercise ..... i know it is......"doing" something. I know it is.....just doesn't seem like it. And it is very weird sitting in the theatre without munching on something -especially when the person beside you is. lol

Well i've managed to get the same 5 lbs off that i keep gaining and losing. Now will be the thing to see if i can get it past this....it's the dreaded number. It seems like i spend all month trying to work off what i put on once a month at one shot. Fingers crossed. As i said before , i'd be happy with 2 consistent lbs a month.

Where are you living, Fauxtini?

Everyone have a good day.........the birds are so happy for the rain. It's stopped at the moment and hope it stays that way so i can walk to work.

:hug: Laura x:df::df::df::df::df:

mountain mama
07-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey lauren,
I'm in Nova Scotia, south shore :)
I'm in the process of re-losing 15 pounds I gained during some summer traveling. Once I eat one ' bad' thing.. I find myself shoving everything I see that's not ' on plan' down my throat with no control!
Im back on though, and have lost 4 of those stupid pounds in a few days! It's always good for the self esteem when you lose those first few pounds easily! hehe

I think walking is out of the question at I guess I have no choice but to gym it today!

meowee
07-22-2008, 07:05 AM

Sorry I was missing yesterday. At least we are finally getting rain in NS -- unfrotunately it has come at a cost -- since we seem to be getting hit by the tail-end of Cristobal and are getting too much of a good thing right now. :D

Thought I'd pop in while it was relatively quiet -- hopefully I'll get back again later . . . :crossed:

mountain mama
07-22-2008, 09:00 AM
It was a rainy night last night!! and Day... Lots of thunder for me. I think I will stay in today.. lol

LauraNS
07-23-2008, 06:56 AM
Morning gals

Didn't work out this morning. Did get a good sleep so no energy to get up. BUT i have got my gear with me and will go to the gym after work.

Hope you all have a good and healthful day.
Laura x:df::df::df::df::df:

meowee
07-23-2008, 07:28 AM

Believe it or not, it's still raining, off and on, nothing serious anymore. After the heavy stuff yesterday, my grass, bushes (and weeds) are almost glowing they are so green and lush looking. :lol:

See you later . . . :grouphug:

mountain mama
07-23-2008, 09:26 AM
That was some crazy rain, eh? Our cottage is pretty much flooded.. time to re shingle the roof! WOMP WOMP... hhe

LauraNS
07-24-2008, 06:24 AM
That's for sure. Some people found a jelly like substance on their cars and plants.....wonder what it was. Maybe left over jellyfish? lol......yuck
Oooooooh that cat of mine......he's just into everything this morning.....grrrrrrr. lol
Have a good day everyone. x

meowee
07-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

The sun is trying to shine this morning for the first time in a few days -- hopefully this will be a nice day for the weekly mall-crawl.

See you all later . . . :yes:

leelily
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Hi there! I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. Iím Leelily and I live near Ottawa, Ontario. Iím 35 years old (almost 36) and have about 50 lbs to lose. Iíve been battling with this weight thing my entire life. Iím so tired of it! I donít want to do any drastic diets (tried-failed). I just want to be healthy and thinner! My husband is very supportive but a stick so he doesnít really help much. I always say that we look like the number 10 when we walk around together.

I hope to make some new friends here. :carrot:

Take care,

Leelily

mountain mama
07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Welcome to 3fatchicks, leelily! This place is amazing! Good luck and browse this website lots! I'm a huge fun of the chicks in control thread.. the five pound challenges really get me motivated!
Great people over over this site! Talk to yous oon!

leelily
07-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion! I will definitely check it out! :)

Welcome to 3fatchicks, leelily! This place is amazing! Good luck and browse this website lots! I'm a huge fun of the chicks in control thread.. the five pound challenges really get me motivated!
Great people over over this site! Talk to yous oon!

meowee
07-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi there LEELILY . . . so glad you found us, Chickie . . . :hug:

Ruthxxx
07-24-2008, 04:47 PM
:welcome: Leelily. I live "near Ottawa" too - in the Rideau Lakes area. We might be neighbours!

It's so wet out there, the air smells like fish! The Fair opened at 9 this morning and the rides cranked up at 11 but it sure isn't going to be a very successful opening day. There were only about 40 cars in the parking lot when I looked a few minutes ago.

What a completely crappy summer it's been!

JuliaDH
07-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Afternoon Ladies

After 2 days of thunder storms and rain we ended up with a comfortable sunny day! Its my DD 5th birthday and we ar having friends over to dinner. TOM has been heavy and I have put on 3lbs in 2 days. Good thing its water rentions. I sure can feel it in my feet!

Have a great evening !

leelily
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
:welcome: Leelily. I live "near Ottawa" too - in the Rideau Lakes area. We might be neighbours!

Wow! There sure do seem to be a lot of Ontario people in the group! I'm south of Greely. Do you know where that is?

meowee
07-25-2008, 08:46 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

After all the rain of the past few days, we seem to be right back into sunny, hot, humid again . . . :mad: . . . at least no shovelling is required. :yes: But as I'm sure the other Nova Scotians will agree, it is unusual for us to have so much humidity continuing for so long. Not my idea of a good summer.

Kepp things moving and shaking as much as you can today, gang . . . :carrot:

leelily
07-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning ladies! I hope its ok that Iím jumping into this thread so much even though Iím a newbie. :)

The humidity has been horrible here too! Its so hard to do any exercise lately but this morning when my husband was leaving for work, I had him drop me off down the road and that forced me to walk for a hour to get back home. I feel like a wet noodle now but Iím so glad I did it!

I hope you all have a great day! :coffee:

meowee
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Of course it's okay . . . :hug:

Ruthxxx
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Leelily, I sure do know Greely! And Metcalfe! And Osgoode, Russell and even Marvelville! My friends The Hyper Pypers are from Marvelville, Larry Robinson Road to be exact. I'm in Delta, south of Smiths Falls, between Westport and Athens but am originally from Ottawa.

We had a huge storm last night. My rescue dog from Hurricane Katrina was very worried that it was happening again. We lost power for a few hours although the Fair rides carried on under generator power. I was just over there a few minutes ago and got to drive a tractor to pull a car out of the mud in the parking lot!

It's very muggy today. It's so wet out there it smells like fish although the sun is drying it up. If I'm not working the beer tent at the Fair this afternoon, I may put on my gardening duds and either pull weeds or do some power washing. I have this tacky black cotton shirt and pants and just spray myself with cold water when I get too warm. I used to wear white cotton but learned that's a no-no when wet!

Have a good TGIF wherever you are. And next weekend is Civic Holiday! Aren't you glad we have a British component? The USA doesn't have that weekend.

Tomato
07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Julia,
Belated Happy Birthday to your DD!

leelily,
Welcome!

leelily
07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Leelily, I sure do know Greely! And Metcalfe! And Osgoode, Russell and even Marvelville! My friends The Hyper Pypers are from Marvelville, Larry Robinson Road to be exact. I'm in Delta, south of Smiths Falls, between Westport and Athens but am originally from Ottawa.

What about Vernon? Have you heard of it? Pretty durn small! hee hee I've only been in Ontario for two years, first in Ottawa and now here. I'm from Manitoba originally. What kind of fair do you have going on?

Ruthxxx
07-25-2008, 12:35 PM
Sure know Vernon. My friend Joan Dow lived just north of there for years and her ex-DH's family and her kids are still big in sheep in the area. We have our Annual Delta Fair going on here and the Dows (Blair?) are probably showing.

leelily
07-25-2008, 01:09 PM
I don't know anyone in town yet. I've been hiding in the house, mainly because of my weight. Sad I know!

meowee
07-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Stop hiding and get out there, girl . . . you are so much more than a silly number on a silly mechanical device . . . let people appreciate you for your true beauty.

leelily
07-25-2008, 01:50 PM
Stop hiding and get out there, girl . . . you are so much more than a silly number on a silly mechanical device . . . let people appreciate you for your true beauty.

Thank you! I know I should get out there but I guess I'm hiding behind the weight. But sticking home also means I get bored and then I eat more and the cycle continues! I don't work because I'm so unhappy with my body. As I read that I know its really bad! :( Anyway, that is why I'm here. I know my life will change drastically if I lose the weight. Well actually it has to change drastically before the weight will drop off. :dizzy:

meowee
07-25-2008, 01:54 PM
Well actually it has to change drastically before the weight will drop off. :dizzy:

That's the attitude to have . . . go get 'em, girl. :hug:

LauraNS
07-25-2008, 04:56 PM
Leelily.......my mom was from Manitoba and i lived there for a while......whereabouts are you from?
Don't hide sweetie........x

leelily
07-25-2008, 05:06 PM
Leelily.......my mom was from Manitoba and i lived there for a while......whereabouts are you from?
Don't hide sweetie........x

Winnipeg for the longest time but also out near Selkirk/Beausejour. What area are you from?

meowee
07-26-2008, 09:21 AM
:wave:

LauraNS
07-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Winnipeg for the longest time but also out near Selkirk/Beausejour. What area are you from?

Lived in Brandon as a young child. My mom was from Justice. And then lived in Winniped from age 7-10 and then went to university there for 4 years as an adult.

leelily
07-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Small world! I was just in Brandon last month! :)

srmb60
07-26-2008, 08:08 PM
We met! It was great! We really, really could have talked a lot longer!

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/susan_stef/33460193.jpg

Tomato, Realcdn and me!

RealCdn
07-26-2008, 09:04 PM
See, this is why I don't let people take my picture. :)

I had a great time though, I'm glad I agreed to go.

srmb60
07-26-2008, 09:06 PM
Then I should have posted that head shot!

Don't listen to her folks. She has a beautiful smile!

RealCdn
07-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Nah, it just reminds me that I need to start taking in some of my clothing. This is a top I wore last summer (many pounds ago). It doesn't look too bad in the picture because... my hands are behind my back pulling some of the shirt back. :rofl:

srmb60
07-26-2008, 09:11 PM
We were going to talk about getting you into some new clothing ....

You wouldn't believe how much we had to talk about. I highly recommend that if you have a chance to meet some folks from 3FC that you do. I so enjoyed it.

JuliaDH
07-26-2008, 09:40 PM
I am so envious. Much more fun than the truck show. We could try for a fall date!

Tomato
07-26-2008, 10:23 PM
Julia,
We definitely will! We missed you today.
It was awesome to meet and time flew by so fast. And yes, I agree that Anne has a lovely smile (she actually smiles all the time!) and Susan wore ruby slippers (except that they were emerald). :-)

I already look forward to the next time.

leelily
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
That is so nice that you met! Great picture, you're all beautiful girls!!

LauraNS
07-27-2008, 07:54 AM
Great to see a picture of you three together :grouphug:......wish more of us could do that. Too bad we couldn't have a "meet". Canada is too darned big and it frustrates me.

have a great day. Laura

meowee
07-27-2008, 09:44 AM
I think you all look great . . . :grouphug: . . . It's truly amazing when you get together with people you've been chatting with on line. Since you already know a lot about each other, it's more like a reunion than a first meeting. You just talk, and talk, and talk. :yes:

Although I definitely know what you mean, Anne. I've got a lot of ill-fitting clothes too and I refuse to buy anything expensive when I'm sort of in mid-loss-mode.

Okay . . . Laura . . . how about lunch in Truro someday (that's about half-way) . . . and don't we have another Nova Scotian, too?

About my Saturday . . . Luckily, we had a breeze and didn't get too much sun yesterday since I woke up with a really nasty migraine and couldn't stand any noise or any light and had to turn off my noisy dehumidifier and window A/C units. This morning, no headache :yay:, so the noisy appliances can go back on. Good thing since the sun is back with a vengeance and the heat and humidity levels are going to be even worse than yesterday.

There's a lot to be said for electric baseboard heating -- it's very clean (almost no dust) and it's very quiet. Although it used to be about the most expensive method of heating, it isn't anymore because the price of oil is so high, plus all-electric houses are very well insulated and that actually reduces the costs of both heating and cooling (well, that's true if the house was built for electric heating; it doesn't make a good retrofit for an older house without a lot of additional expense). BUT -- I really miss central A/C -- the window units do the job, but they are sooooo noisy and sooooo ugly -- :shrug: without a forced air system, though, that's about the only option.

Anyway . . . Good Morning everybody . . . :wave:

Cinm
07-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi everyone,

Can I come join you guys.

I am Cindie from Quebec 45 min north of Montrťal.I am 29 a mom to 2 girls 7 and 9 and was a surrogate mother to twins in 2006 so 3 pregnancy's in all (so far lol..going to be a surrogate again)I work from home I am a third party reproductive consultant (for egg donation and surrogacy) .My weight has usually always sat at 192 and really only gained 10 lbs with both my girls and lost it all when the were born even some more cause of breast feeding.Once I was pageant with the twins I went from 192 to 220 by the end (which is still fairly good) but I have not been able to get back down ,I tried once last year I was doing a stationary bike every day for at least a half hour I got down to 189 but DH gave so I had no motivation to continue.I am now 205 and started eating differently today.I get migraines really easy so I need to eat on time and I can't half starve my self or instant migraine.I am not an emotional eater and I am not a big snack junkie but I guess it is my portion size,what I eat and take out.I really only eat out on Fridays with my family,I usually cook all week.I really need some motivation and support .I am going to cut out my whites (which I started today).I am going to attempt the bike after I am just getting over a sprained ankle so still a bit sore .I usually have for breakfast 2 toast with peanut butter and a banana.This am I had one egg a yogurt banana and orange juice is this good or to much?I really need help..

I am going to start walking again after supper and I have a pool and do swim everyday usually.

Sorry for the long post I need some friends and support.Please feel free to add comments or if anyone has any questions about anything I am an open book.

Tomato
07-27-2008, 12:17 PM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Great to see a picture of you three together :grouphug:......wish more of us could do that. Too bad we couldn't have a "meet". Canada is too darned big and it frustrates me.

Hi Laura,

Yes, Canada is a big country but so are the States. It does not mean that chicks cannot meet in smaller group depending on geography. It just happens that there is a couple of us in this area but I am sure you will be able to have a little reunion in NS as well.
In the past, I met people from another forum and a small group of us (about 6 total) really liked each other so we remained friends in real life as well and meet on a semi-regular basis. We live apart from each other so it means that someone always have to drive a longer distance but we try to meet at different cities so that it is not always the same person that is inconvinienced. We do what we can to meet several times a year and it is so nice to catch up . We have been doing this for the last - gosh, I am trying to remember - 4 years? It is always so much fun.

Cin, I left you a message in the Introductions forum.

meowee
07-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Welcome to our Crazy Canuks Cluck Club CINDI . . . glad to have you joining us, Chickie. You are really an angel to lend your body to help other woman have families. :hug:

Cinm
07-27-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome...Meowee~thanks i am very proude to of helped a great family.People don't realize how many great couples are out there who can not have children.

How do i find this thread i found it through another post i can';t find it on my own..lol

meowee
07-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

CINDI . . . at the top of the thread page, you will find a little purple box (at the right hand side) that says 'Thread Tools' . . . click on that and then click on the third entry that says 'Subscribe to this Thread' . . . the next time you log in, you can click on User CP (the first entry on the main purple navigation bar just below the picture of the chicks) and, if there are new posts in any of your subscribed threads, they will be listed and you can click on them from there.

Anyway, gang . . . I'm running late this morning so I'd better get myself moving and shaking around here . . . :carrot:

leelily
07-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Good morning ladies and hi Cin!! I hope you all have a great day!! I hope to get to know everyone well enough that someday I can meet some of you too!!

Cin - I am awed by what you do!

Ruthxxx
07-28-2008, 08:56 AM
You beat me to it, Meowee! :welcome: Cindi!

The Fair is over and a great silence has descended on the wee town of Delta - until next weekend which is another long one with the usual flurry of events. It's a good thing we hibernate with the bears for the winter. I'm looking forward to a peaceful five days as I'm bone weary from the flurry of the past two months.

JuliaDH
07-28-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi Cindi! The more the merrier! Have a wonderful day all. Me, gotta get some chores done so the kids and I can go have some fun before more rain comes tomorrow!

Justwant2Bhealthy
07-28-2008, 10:01 PM
:wel3fc: TO ALL YOU LOVELY LADIES ~ we've been very busy so far this summer; had company for almost two weeks. Relatives came in June and July; was so nice to see them. Since then, we've been working on our dream cabin/cottage on any days that have nice weather, as in not too hot or too wet. We go and spend the day with a picnic and it has been so fun ...

TOMATO, REALCDN, SUSANB ~ that is a lovely picture of you three at your meeting in Stratford.

ANNE ~ you are a beautiful lady; as a matter of fact, have you noticed that everyone here at 3FC's are all beautiful people? We are all just way too hard on ourselves really!

FAUXTINI ~ you are gorgeous too and what a lovely smile; no wonder your BF is beaming at you; no doubt an amazing personality to match.

LEELILY ~ you just have to get out there and enjoy your life; don't let it pass you by; and the more you go out for walks and such, the closer you will be to your goals. I would just love to be down to your weight, girl. I know all things are relative in this life, but I'm sure that you are beautiful inside and out.

Well, I just wanted to come in and check in as I haven't been here in a while from being so busy; gone to a cottage for two weeks on holidays, and so forth. I try to come in and post on my other two regular threads as much as I can. It's nice to see so many CANADIANS here at 3FC's ... way to go!!!

:hug:ROSEBUD:hug:

Tomato
07-29-2008, 09:27 AM
gotta get some chores done so the kids and I can go have some fun before more rain comes tomorrow!

Julia,
Are you sure the rain is coming today? I don't know - I did not have time to watch weather forecast on TV but his morning, the radio station (although I think it is a Hamilton station) said "increasing cloudiness" but nada about rain!
A nice slow gardening rain would be so lovely!

By the way, I remember that around this time of year last year I argued with my mom (who was saying that the days are getting shorter) that one month (since the summer solstice) cannot make that much difference. But she was right, of course. I noticed this morning that it was still pretty dark when I was getting on the treadmill (I get up at the ungodly hour of 5:25 to squeeze treadmill in when it is still cool outside) - soon, I will have to turn the light on!
I found out (in winter) that I really cannot run on treadmill in darkness and that I do need a bit of light. I think I will need to install the thingy that turns lights off when you clap your hands so that I don't have to get off the treadmill and interrupt my exercise when the light is no longer needed. :cp:

srmb60
07-29-2008, 09:41 AM
Good Morning!

I think I use Goderich weather but the little picture is just a sun! It's really lovely out on my deck. I'll have to be careful that me and my book don't end up out there before I get anything done around here.

meowee
07-29-2008, 11:56 AM

I'm having one of those days when nothing seems to go right. :mad:

meowee
07-30-2008, 07:26 AM

Weather for Atlantic Canada is predicted to be somewhat unsettled today -- so far, in my little part of it, the temperatures are quite pleasant but it is overcast and a bit muggy.

Hope your part of the Country has some good stuff in store and that you all get a chance to enjoy some fun things . . . :grouphug:

leelily
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
Good morning ladies (are there any men here?). Itís humid and grey and miserable here today. I sure hope things brighten up around here soon!!!

Thanks Justwant2Bhealthy!

meowee - I hope you have a much better day today!

Have a great day everyone!! :dizzy:

Ruthxxx
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Same here, Leelily. No rain yet but it looks like it'll happen any minute.

The peace and quiet didn't last long after the Fair. The lads are hammering and banging away on my roof putting on new shingles. At least, they didn't strip them all off at once and have to cover up with tarps if it rains. The dogs are going insane with the hammering but I'm planning to put on my headphones and wallow in some Vivaldi this afternoon.

Have a comfy Wednesday.

Kofarq
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Meowee, I hope you are having a better day today. It's kind of dank and clammy here, too. Usually we have nice weather. I'm south of St. John's, and our weather is always a few degrees nicer than theirs.

leelily
07-31-2008, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone! Well guess what the weather is going to be today? Wet and humid! How lovely. It has been like this for the past month and it is really getting me down! :( I can't believe that I'm saying this but I can't wait for winter! :snowglo:

I hope you all have a fabulous day!! :coffee:

meowee
07-31-2008, 09:22 AM

We have sun to go with our humidity -- first thing this morning it was feeling quite a bit cooler but that is changing fast. Can't say that I like Winter (Spring and Autumn are my favourites), but at least when it's cold you can put on enough clothing to stay warm. In the heat of Summer, once you are down to skin, there's just nothing left to take off. :lol:

Have a good one, gang . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
07-31-2008, 09:32 AM
Leelily, did you see the weatherman on CJOH last night? He said we really have not had a rainy summer. I think he said we've had 92% of the average rain for July - just more of the days have been rainy. It actually did not rain here yesterday although it sure looked like it all day.

The lads are hard at work on the roof this morning. It sure is noisy. Of course, the Doggage add to the ruckus with their woofs and growls. It's so nice to feel protected!

I'm off to tackle the back veggie garden. My green beans were in flower last week and there just might be some ready to pick. Without a word of a lie, I have weeds higher than my knees out there! I need a scythe rather than trying to hand pull!

Hope your Thursday is productive.

Tomato
07-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Eek, please let's not even mention the dreaded word 'humidity'.
Leelily, you are scaring me - when I was getting up, the radio station (even though it's Hamilton and not local) said "the humidity is decreasing" so I turned the A/C off.
We had the worst downpour I have ever experienced in my life. I am not afraid of thunderstorms but last night's was terrible. I am surprised the dogs remained calm. I planned to go to the gym but I had to cancel as I would not want to drive in that downpour - I literally could not see across the street. Not to mention the fact that a part of the eavestrough was knocked down by the widn and the water was pouring into the basement window wells and the crappy windows there don't seal well so I ended with a flood in the basement. It was a workout of a different kind that I was hoping for.
I worked through lunch so I have no idea how humid it is here today.

But, on a bright note, I took my measurements this morning since it is the last of the month, and I am down 1" everywhere (i.e. bust, waist, hips). I am not sure what my weight is as I weighed more than I should have yesterday morning and this morning I ran, and that means I always lose 2 pounds or so temporarily (sweat) so I will have to hop on the scale again and calculate an average. :dizzy:

Wishing you a nice rest of the day.

Kofarq
07-31-2008, 09:53 PM
We have an air exchange that flips itself on if it gets too humid in the house, but the stupid thing just sucks in air from outside, and blows it in regardless of how humid it is outside. I have to keep turning it off. So it gets so bad sometimes, I have to throw the bed blankets in the dryer so I don't have to sleep in a damp bed.

JuliaDH
07-31-2008, 10:23 PM
Tomato that was wild eh! I was driving down Weber when the storm hit. By the time I got to Weber & Ottawa. It was completely flooded. Many cars were turning around. I didnt thanks to having a pickup. Kids love it and loved the splashing! But the water was well up the sides of the tires almost to the wheel well.

Have a great night all.

leighish
07-31-2008, 11:55 PM
hellooo...
My name is Ashleigh (though many call me Leigh), and I'm a Canadian expat (Saskatchewanian to be exact) living in Texas who wouldn't mind talking to people about "the old country" :)

Tomato
08-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Julia,
I envy you the pickup truck! (and I will be even more envious in winter). :-)

Ashleigh, welcome! How are you liking Texas? I always think I would melt there in 30 minutes (considering my body consists of a large amount of lard) LOL.

Something to entertain you with, ladies - I COMPLETELY forgot we are having a long weekend!!! There was an email yesterday from the manager saying we will have an ice cream break on Friday afternoon and a long weekend is coming .... and I am thinking, "What long weekend? Is it a long weekend in the US?" then I looked at the calendar (US one) and realized, oh, the 1st of August !!!! I must be losing my mind. But hey, it is such a bonus when you are completely unaware of a long weekend and then you find out it's just a day away .... it's as if somebody handed you a plate with a filet mignon done to perfection. :-)

Ruthxxx
08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
The weeds are not to my knees but to my boobs! I am not kidding. I got quite a few hauled out and did some more late in the day but ended up starting the garlic harvest with my neighbour Moel. He uses some of my land and has a stupendous garlic crop. We dug several hundred but the whole plot will be harvested on Sunday when we invite friends (and their shovels) and then have a barbecue to celebrate the harvest. He planted over 7000 so there will be lots!

Today I'm off to Ottawa for overnight with my friend Shirleyanne. (We've been friends for 5o years!) She has three dogs and I have my two so it'll be a doggie weekend. It's actually a birthday celebration for her DH so we must remember to pay him some attention. :lol:

I'd forgotten it's a long weekend too! Where did the summer go? :shrug:

leelily
08-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone!! Is anyone taking part in the MOVE IT TO LOSE IT - August 2008 Bootcamp?
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147741&page=3

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE no moisture today!! I hope we all have a sunny, wonderful day!!! :)

meowee
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Hmmmmm . . . it's quiet around here.

We are having a very rainy long weekend -- forecast is saying we won't be seeing any sun until Tuesday ar Wednesday -- and it is coming down in sheets right now. At least it isn't hot. :s:

leelily
08-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Good morning everyone! Hi Meowee. I don't have much to share today. Forcast says rain. :) I'm just so surprised. hee hee I hope everyone is doing well!

Cinm
08-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi Ladies,

It seems like all it does here every day is rain.This is not the summer they said it was going to be.

So I started my diet last week cutting my meals small not eating junk.I also was biking 13 km a day at home and then walking after supper 3 km.Also doing the 100 push ups in 6 weeks thread.So a week later I am down to 204 from 209 I am on a start anyway.

Ruthxxx
08-03-2008, 11:24 AM
Back from my quick visit to Ottawa. Unfortunately one of my friend's dogs attacked my wee Disney. She's OK but seems very nervous. I think we will skip her obedience training class today. The dog who attacked her has done this before with another small dog and is probably going to doggie heaven (or ****!) this week.

It sure was upsetting. We have a garlic harvest barbecue late this afternoon and it looks like the usual rainy long weekend weather is going to settle in. We'll still party but it'll be in the shelter with strings of garlic hanging overhead to dry. What a crappy summer and it just goes on and on!

leelily
08-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Had a very yummy (and healthy) lunch at the Yellow Canoe Café in Merrickville today! For once I felt no guilt at all about eating out because it was such good "real" food!! Its been a beautiful day and we’re dogsitting the neighbor’s dog and considering getting ready to start thinking about maybe trying to put some new flooring down. Can you tell I'm not overly excited about it? :) Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!!

Tomato
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Ruth,

I am so sorry to hear that Disney was attacked!!! What kind of dog is she (i.e. Disney). I am equally sorry to hear that the attacker is most likely to be euthanized - I just hate when dogs are punished on behalf of their stupid owners! (What I mean how come that the attack happened in the first place - if the dog is known to be violent towards other dogs, he/she needs to be muzzled or kept in safe distance (and on a very short leash) from other dogs.
Anyway, that of course does not mean that I do not sympathize. I hope Disney will recover from the incident without any permanent mental scars.

What a GORGEOUS clematis in your avatar - from your garden, I presume? It is just exquisite (I hope I spelled that right). Please do tell its name.

Nice day here - not too hot and nicely breezy, with little humidity. But I am stuck indoors working on a long translation. No rest for the wicked on this long weekend, I am afraid!!!

meowee
08-04-2008, 07:23 AM

Still overcast and, although not quite raining, pretty close to it. Hey, that's how you can tell it's a holiday, right?

Have a good one . . . :carrot:

Ruthxxx
08-04-2008, 01:26 PM
Tomato, it's not a clemmie but an Asiatic Lily. It's Miss Lucy and dos not drop pollen all over the place - expensive but worth it and reminds me of my dear departed Lucy. (Disney is a 20 pound terrier mix who is a Katrina rescue dog. I've had her only 8 weeks.)

Leelily, I was in Merrickville about the same time you were. Wouldn't it have been funny if I'd gone to the Yellow Canoe.

Donna has finally finished cleaning and left so I'm outta here to do some errands.

Tomato
08-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Ruth. Sorry that I am so ignorant - I really though it was a clematis!! I may think about it next year, it is a pleasure to look at. How's lil' Disney doing?

meowee
08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Hi there Crazies . . . :dizzy:

Gee -- it's raining -- :rofl: this is definitely getting tiresome and today I must go out for some groceries. Guess my outdorr exercise will be trying to run between the raindrops.

We are definitely not having it as bad as north-eastern New Brunswick though where they've got some serious flooding again.

Hope the rest of you are having decent weather . . . see you later.

leelily
08-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Leelily, I was in Merrickville about the same time you were. Wouldn't it have been funny if I'd gone to the Yellow Canoe.

That is so funny!! Did you do any shopping? We might have passed each other in the street. I hope I wasn't adjusting my underwear at the time. ;)

Ruthxxx
08-06-2008, 07:27 AM
Leelily, I met a friend for a quick drink at Harry MacLean's. Maybe we should meet for lunch some day in Merrickville. Gad's Hill is nice or we could picnic and discetely adjust our underwear! :lol:

Despite all the rain :rainy: (and we have another week of wet ahead of us), I harvested the first tomatoes and green beans from the veggie garden yesterday. It's certainly a late harvest. The good thing about the rain is that the lawns are nice and green - usually they are brown and crunchy in August. Think walking on Shreddies!

Not much on the agenda today except a trip to the vet this morning :( $$$ and my Hort. Society meeting tonight. The meeting will include salsa tasting and recipes so I hope to come home with some good recipes for the tomato harvest which looks like it's going to happen this month.

I hope somebody in this vast land gets some sunshine soon! :sunny:

meowee
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
We actually have sunshine (mostly) today and fairly cool temperatures too. I'd be absolutely thrilled, but bopth my weight and blood sugar have bounced upward and I have a headache niggling around in the background -- think my body got used to the rotten weather. :shrug:

Kofarq
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Soooo tired of the wet weather. Yesterday it quit raining long enough to go for a little run, and today it just stopped as i was finishing supper, and I don't want to go out with a full stomach, so I'm hoping it holds off for a bit. And I need to get a LOT of gardening done before a bunch of people come to visit in a few weeks!

meowee
08-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Life in Nova Scotia seems to be back to normal again -- it's raining. :lol: -- What a miserable summer so far.

leighish
08-07-2008, 10:07 PM
I have to say, I really miss summer in Saskatchewan. It very rarely gets as hot as Texas seems to be year-round ;)

meowee
08-08-2008, 03:07 PM

meowee
08-09-2008, 10:17 AM
:mag: . . . Hi there.

srmb60
08-09-2008, 10:22 AM
Morning!

We're having one of those days when the sun is sooo bright between threatening dark clouds. The wind just pushes them through in succession.

meowee
08-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Our weather is an instant replay of yesterday's weather -- rained a lot last night and overcast and muggy with a few sunny breaks for today.

Nothing exciting in my plans anyway -- need to do a grocery run and then another day of sewing aprons -- I'll have a dozen Christmas presents done soon. :yes:

meowee
08-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Yesterday turned out better than the forecast and today is forecast to be better than yesterday -- wonder what will really unfold. :dizzy:

Nothing big in my plans so far . . . but, again, your just never know what will happen. :lol:

meowee
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
:wave: :mag:

Overcast and rain predicted for today. Hope areas west of me are doing better. :yes:

leelily
08-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi ladies!! How is everyone? I've been offline for a little while. Beautiful day today and I got a really nice walk in. I hope you're all doing great!! :)

meowee
08-13-2008, 10:04 AM

Forecast is calling for mostly sunny right through the weekend and it definitely started out well this am -- but then I got rained on while putting the garbage out -- who knows what will actually happen next. :shrug:

leelily
08-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Meowee - Our weather has been so unpredictable this summer! Right now I'm freezing in my pjs. I'm thinking about putting on a big sweatshirt when I go and get the mail. Yesterday I got a bit of a sunburn and now I'm freezing????

I hope you all have a great day!

meowee
08-15-2008, 10:08 AM

Sorry I was missing yesterday . . . it was not a good day . . . quite a few things just went wrong -- for example . . .

My kitchen sink self-destructed. The trap had been leaking slowly for a few days (probably longer from the conditions I found under the sink). But yesterday, the faucet literally broke off in my hand, while I was moving it from one side to the other and by the time I got the taps turned off, the ceiling had been washed. :dizzy: I have yet to hear back from the plumber even though I've left two messages and may have to start looking for another plumber. Don't mind that I'm getting some extra exercise carrying water from bathroom to kitchen (split level house; have to go up or down half a flight to 'find' water) for most things, but I'm concerned about doing dishes since I'm nervous about running the dishwasher since I really don't know the condition of the rest of the waterworkings in the kitchen and I do not have laundry tubs.

So, today I spend waiting around to hear from a plumber. Oh joy. At least the sun is shining, although it poured with rain last night and the humidity level is still terrible right now.

Hope the rest of you get a decent day and have absolutely nothing go wrong for you. :grouphug:

leelily
08-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone! :flow1: I hope everyone is doing well!

Meowee - I'm sorry about the drama you are having with your sink!! I hope your plumber gets his rear in gear and fixes it soon!! :goodluck:

meowee
08-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Yippee . . . the sink is functional again . . . the sun is shining, too. :yay:

meowee
08-17-2008, 04:07 PM

JuliaDH
08-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow where have the last few weeks gone> Had crappy weather for camping during long weekend. And spent most of this past week cleaning up muddy gear and getting the kids back into routine for school. I start early since it takes them a while to get back to routine. Saves on stress in Sept.

Hope you are all doing well on your plans and have a great evening!

meowee
08-18-2008, 09:00 AM

We are working on the second day in a row of almost perfect summer weather -- comfy temps (mid 20s); lots of sunshine; pleasant breeze; negligible humidity -- :yay:

Other than that . . . nothing terribly exciting . . . things seem to be settling down in the feline zoo and my weight is still stuck on my ticker number -- some mornings it's up a pound some mornings it's down a pound, but basically no real movement so far this month. :mad:

Have a great day, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

meowee
08-19-2008, 08:51 AM

Things look good out there this morning but the humidity has definitely climbed skyward again and the forecast is for rain this afternoon. Need to get some indoor stuff done anyway. :shrug:

cdnwebgurl1
08-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi there:

My husband and I went to Wasaga Beach today for his birthday and then drove home after being at the beach for just 1 3/4 hours because it was too cold!! The wind was out of the north and the waves were white caps the sun was shining, the sky was blue but so were we.

I am new here so I will go to introductions and then hang out here likely as I am Canadian and love to here from other Canadians fighting the bulge and talking about products we can get here.

Thanks,

cdnwebgurl1

RealCdn
08-19-2008, 08:26 PM
Welcome from another Canadian about 30 mins away from you. In fact in a few weeks I'll be in Hamilton 4 days a week (after a couple of decades I'm going back to school at Mohawk). :)

And I agree, it was pretty cold today.

meowee
08-19-2008, 09:44 PM
:welcome: . . . I'm originally from Ontario (born in Toronto), but spent the last ten years (before I moved down east about 15 years ago) in Kitchener.

Anyway . . . glad you found us and we'll all be looking forward to getting to know you better . . . :hug:

srmb60
08-20-2008, 12:08 AM
Look Anne, another person we can meet and greet! Hi and welcome!

RealCdn
08-20-2008, 08:15 AM
And closer for me this time! :)

JuliaDH
08-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I say we try to meet the middle to end of Sept! Anne you wont be to swamped with school will you? Susan where are you?

cdnwebgurl1
08-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Hi:
That would be a great mini-goal for me to aim for ... 1.5 lbs a week v 4 weeks is about 10 pounds which I think I can do. It would be great to meet all of you although I understand that Nova Scotia is a bit far for a weekend jaunt :-).

So, if it is convenient, where and when?

If the weather is nice, we could meet for a walk somewhere nice and if the weather is not so nice we could meet at a mall for a walk and then stop for a tea or cold beverage.

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1

RealCdn
08-20-2008, 09:09 AM
School should be okay. I've got my schedule and my only really long day is Monday. I've managed to pick a 4-day schedule (yay for gas) and two of them have two hour breaks so I will check out the fitness center for maybe some cardio. It's been 20 years since I lived in Hamilton (and at that point I didn't have a car) so I'll leave it up to someone who lives there to identify a great spot.

meowee
08-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Good Morning . . . I feel so, so, far away right now. :cry: Oh well, it is a beautiful day here in northern NS -- sunny and dry (after a night of horrendous storms) and will probably not even get up to 20 today. Probably a little cool for most of you, but I love it.

srmb60
08-20-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm here September eh? Let me get my little book....

Pssst ... I'm having a hyst on the 23rd ... I'm on days the week before that and evenings the week before that. I dunno gals, you'll probably have to count me out this time.

Gotta put on my moderater hat for a minute here .... please, keep the time and location private. PM, email ... please don't post any of those details where the general public can see them, OK?

cdnwebgurl1
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Susan:

Because I do not have ten posts yet, I can not send private messages yet but I guess I can receive? So I guess someelse can organize as we get closer to the time or I can post like a fiend and hope I make 10 without being a nuisance poster :-).

Take Good Care,

Cdnwebgurl1

meowee
08-21-2008, 10:14 AM

Another good looking day, :yes: with a predicted high of 20. Yesterday, temperature only got to 14 or 15. Weird. Tomorrow they are saying 28. :dizzy: Guess we aren't finished with Summer just yet after all.

meowee
08-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi there CRAZIES . . . :wave:

Busy day ahead and it's going to include Chinese Food for lunch with some friends . . . :yikes: . . . I can feel the cankles starting to swell already. :mad:
The temperature and the humidity is climbing sky-high again too; so that is not going to help the water-retention problems.

Hey . . . we've just got to keep doing the best we can, right . . . life doesn't stop just because I'm trying to eat for weight-loss.

See you later . . . :carrot:

leelily
08-22-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi ladies! How are you? I've been fighting a cold in my sinuses! Blah! The weather is beautiful and I'm looking forward to a nice walk. I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

cdnwebgurl1
08-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Hi leelilly:

Are you in the Hamilton Area? Were you aware of the potential of a meet & Greet in September for a group of us from the Horseshoe area?

I just joined this week and am really excited to have this forum in which to share my highs and lows and get help over the rough spots.

Cheers,

cdnwebgurl1

meowee
08-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Hi there CDNWEBGURL . . . :welcome: . . . so glad you found us. :hug:

And a rousing GOOD MORNING to all the CRAZIES . . . :grouphug:

Weather in northern NS has turned too hot and too humid again -- but this is probably a good weekend to need to keep the windows closed and the A/c roaring anyway. It's the annual Blue Grass Music Festival at the fairgrounds across the road and 12 hours a day is a little more of that kind of music than I can honestly appreciate. :lol:

Other than that, nothing too exciting going on around here -- maybe a little shopping -- maybe a little sewing. :shrug:

meowee
08-24-2008, 08:47 AM

Gorgeous temperatures and sunshine right now -- but still a little too humid and (88%) and mid to upper 20s predicted for this afternoon.

Nothing exciting in my plans anyway. . . hope everybody else has a great moving and shaking kind of day . . . :carrot:

meowee
08-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi :mag:

Yesterday turned into a perfect summer day -- as temperature went up (to 27), humidity dropped (to well below 50%). :yay: Today -- it's raining. :shrug:

meowee
08-26-2008, 09:53 AM

cdnwebgurl1
08-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Greetings All:

Well, today dawned cool and damp from the morning dew. I would like to thank once again the group for their generous welcome and comraderie. Having to lose a whole person ( 130 lbs) is daunting and I know I have to make lifestyle changes and recovering from major depressive episodes has complicated things.

I have found taking fish oil supplements with Omega 3 / EPA/ DHA a tremendous help in boosting energy levels although not nearly to the levels I had before I got sick but it is a work in progress. Baby steps are had to take when you are used to running but I know I need to take them otherwise I will stumble and could possibly stress myself out and get sick again. The last four years has been very difficult and I do not want a repeat ever in my life.

Thanks for the encouragement, it means alot.

Cheers,

Cdnwebgurl1

RealCdn
08-31-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, today dawned cool and damp from the morning dew. I would like to thank once again the group for their generous welcome and comraderie. Having to lose a whole person ( 130 lbs) is daunting and I know I have to make lifestyle changes and recovering from major depressive episodes has complicated things.

Well, if we're using that as a standard.... as someone who has lost a whole person, and still has another one to go - it can be done. If I had to give one piece of advice (hmmm... only one) it would be to make sure that you eat enough. It is not necessary to starve yourself to lose weight. Also, when you have a lot to lose it might even be counter productive.

meowee
09-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Hi there . . . :grouphug: . . . time for a new start . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2342576#post2342576 . . . see you over there. :yes: