General chatter - Beer For My Horses!

View Full Version : Beer For My Horses!

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Dont'cha just :love: love that Toby Keith song? Whiskey for my men, Beer for my horses! Doesn't get much better than that...well maybe his I Love This Bar! ;)

I really don't know where I want to go with this thread but as I approach my 1 year anniversary of my "journey of better choices" I realize my biggest anchor in my weight loss is my beer....dang! :mad:

Now, I'm not the brightest domino in the deck, but that little epiphany didn't just :s: sneak up on me :no:

It is something I have known for a while...gosh knows I have mentioned it to you all enough. You have all been so encouraging too! Thank-you :hug:

There is more to my story, which I will share if the thread goes in that direction.

I think I want to start it as an alcohol accountability thread for me. To help me get to my goal weight in my "journey of better choices."

I :love: love :love: my beer in bottles. About 2 years ago I started drinking more of it in cans...cheaper and I donate the cans to our church. Our school recycles them and uses the money to purchase playground equipment.

I'm not saying I am drinking too much :no: although Angie would ;)

I will say that our church has the best playground equipment in the county! For Lutheran Schools Week service a while back the kids gave me a standing :cp: ovation :cp: Our church is mailing me discount coupons for MGD and Budweiser...always thinking of me!

Saturday I had 11 beers...it was easy! Got me to thinking that might not be a good thing....:doh: ya think!

Yesterday I had 7 waters and 2 Coke 0's ~ today I had 1 beer after work but I drank it on the treadmill....ever done the :tread: buzzed? Need way more than 1 for that, for me.

I thought if I keep an accountability journal here for awhile I might do better. I will post a :( for every day that I drink more than 2 beers and a :) for every day I don't...starting with this past Sunday...

Time to make some more "better choices" :yes:

:)~:)

walking2lose
07-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Good idea for a thread, Gary. I have cut WAY down on alcohol in last 2-3 years. Not drinking is pretty much a habit for me now, although I love the occasional gin and tonic or wine (or whatever!). I know there are lots of 3FC'ers who would prefer to lose the alcohol calories.

How many beers do you have on a normal day? If you are used to having, say, 3-6 beers an evening (more on weekends), maybe you could start by just having an every other day thing... no alcohol at least 3 days out of the week (or something like that).

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 01:21 AM
CLAIRE you are pretty right on as far as the amount. I usually never drink much before 5:00...but those weak beers I drink go down way easy for the first 3. About 50% of the time I stop there...the other 50% you just never know.

I am one of those...the more I drink, the more I drink...kind of guy.

Today I had one....then a water...a Coke 0 and didn't have the desire for another beer. If I would have followed the first beer up with another I would still be drinking right now....4 hours later!

Thank-you!

Jonsgurl0531
07-01-2008, 01:32 AM
LOL I LOVE that song.. my favorite part is a willy nelson one

Grandpappy told my pappy, back in my day, son
A man had to answer for the wicked that he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street for all the people to see that

How many people would be shooting up the streets or robbing people if they knew a hangman's noose was waiting for them.. like back in the day..

pipernoswiper
07-01-2008, 03:32 AM
i know this is not what the thread is about, but when i was a kid my dad used to always have a beer in his hand when he was working around our farm. if it wasnt in his hand it was in his back pocket or sitting on the ground nearby. one of our horses, her name was montana miss, missy for short, well anyway she had a thing for his beer, would try to pull the bottle out of his back pocket, and if he would forget and set it on the ground she would knock it over and drink it.
anyone else have any boozer horses?

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 09:42 AM
PIPER~ This thread can be for ANYTHING! Thanks for the story!

Jonsgurl ~ Angie and I listened to this CD on our way to Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Had lunch in Toby Keith's bar, as we always do when we go...way cool! Love Willie...from way back!

marbleflys
07-01-2008, 10:08 AM
I donate cans also, but mostly catfood cans.....i'm not much of a soda drinker...ahhh, but the wine....an ice cold glass of chardonnay or 2 or 3....I tell myself that the 3-4 ice cubes i put in each drink count as part of my *water* for the day....(shame on me)!:nono::nono:

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I LOVE IT MARBLEFLYS! Maybe I should switch to Coors...that 'ol advertisement..."It's The Water"

marbleflys
07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
nope, Coors is not even fit for horses! (i'll refrain from my opinion on the taste comparison to horse's.....). If it's beer for me, I prefer Pete's Wicked Ale or Dos Eqiuex(spelling is nonexist) or for something lighter that Miller Chill.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Angie loves MILLER CHILL

walking2lose
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Gary - do you think you could limit yourself to beer on Fridays and Saturdays and then one week night per week? That way if you had some beers on Tuesday, you would know that on Wed and Thu they were off limits, but you would have Friday to look forward to?

alinnell
07-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Gary~while I prefer Michelob Ultra Amber for regular beer and Kostritzer when visiting the Yard House, I can generally stop at one beer. I'll join you on an alcohol accountability thread, though (my vice is wine). Like you said, the more you drink, the more you drink...one glass of wine is rarely enough and neither is two. Zero is much better for me (and my waist line). I'm heading to Oklahoma on Sunday for 6 days. I'm not going to have wine while I'm there and when I return, I will do without until after I return from Alaska--that means about the entire month of July without wine or wine in moderation (I'm sure I'll have wine with dinner while on my cruise, though). And if I can keep it up in July, then August will be wine-less as well.

tamaralynn
07-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I Love This Bar is one of my favorite countrys.

:hug: Gary - you're strong, you can do it! We're always here to cheer you on!

marbleflys
07-01-2008, 01:09 PM
I tend to whine without wine......

gypsylthr
07-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Wine is definitely my downfall. I run a 500+ member wine-tasting group here in Phoenix, and we hold at least one event a week. I belong to several other tasting groups, as well. I could find friends to drink with almost every day if I wanted to, but it's hard on my waistline as well as my wallet!
I do what Walking2Lose described: one night during the week (and try to limit it to 2-3 glasses - which is easy since I have to get up early and be sharp for work) and then 2 days on the weekend (not all 3). I may not be losing as much weight as I could if I cut it out completely, but it's still enough to keep me happy. Bonus: Spending less time in a mildly hungover fog allows me to get to the gym more frequently. I can tell you all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed after the occasional 7-glass night.

CountingDown
07-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Here is a radical thought Gary - at least it was for me.

I found I overate when I filled up with unsatifying "diet" foods. FF this, low sugar that - all poor imitations of the real thing.

When it comes to wine and beer, I have the same problem. A wonderful glass of a good zin, or a scruptious chocolate stout will satisfy me far more than some soda poppy wine cooler or a "lite" beer.

Rather than drinking beer as your evening beverage, start with your Coke 0, or water, or ice tea, or any other non-caloric beverage. As the evening wears down, treat yourself to 1 or 2 really good beers. Savor them, enjoy them, drink them "mindfully".

Works for me - dang - I've worked up a thirst for DH's home brew. I gotta go throw some in the fridge for tonight ;)

GradPhase
07-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Awwww, you can do it, EZ!!!

I should probably cut down on my alcohol consumption, too. (Especially since I'm underage back here in America - it was legal the last six years I was in Europe though!!). How many calories do you think were in those 12 shots of Sake last night? I don't even want to know!

But REALLY what I wanted to post about was how funny it is that they're starting to send you coupons, to keep up your can recycling to help out at the playground. Now that is just pure funny!

(And when I get back up to the AK - my boyfriend and I are going to go church hunting, looking for a Lutheran church. I haven't been in 14 years (since I was baptised when I was five, basically) so I think it's about time. :) )

WebRover
07-01-2008, 09:50 PM
EZ - I'm looking forward to seeing LOTS of :) s

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Gary - do you think you could limit yourself to beer on Fridays and Saturdays and then one week night per week? That way if you had some beers on Tuesday, you would know that on Wed and Thu they were off limits, but you would have Friday to look forward to?

This has crossed my mind CLAIRE...but I wonder, for me, if that would keep me focused on the "next" one? Thanks for all your support! :hug:

Gary~while I prefer Michelob Ultra Amber for regular beer and Kostritzer when visiting the Yard House, I can generally stop at one beer. I'll join you on an alcohol accountability thread, though (my vice is wine). Like you said, the more you drink, the more you drink...one glass of wine is rarely enough and neither is two. Zero is much better for me (and my waist line). I'm heading to Oklahoma on Sunday for 6 days. I'm not going to have wine while I'm there and when I return, I will do without until after I return from Alaska--that means about the entire month of July without wine or wine in moderation (I'm sure I'll have wine with dinner while on my cruise, though). And if I can keep it up in July, then August will be wine-less as well.

Do they even allow wine to be sold in Oklahoma ALLISON? Good luck...as "we" both know giving it up is not REALLY what we want our first choice to be! Have fun with ROBO-KID!

I Love This Bar is one of my favorite countrys.

:hug: Gary - you're strong, you can do it! We're always here to cheer you on!

Thanks Tamaralynn ~ You would love Toby Keith's bar in Vegas at Harrah's....beer in mason jars and Toby's music videos everywhere!

I tend to whine without wine......

I tend to get faint w/o beer...but that doesn't rhyme :)

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 11:06 PM
....... I can tell you all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed after the occasional 7-glass night.

Thanks so much for sharing your story GYPSY ~ if I had a 7-glass wine night I might be :fr::faint: scared of what crawled OUT of my bed!

Here is a radical thought Gary - at least it was for me.

You BIKER women are full of radical ideas!

...... As the evening wears down, treat yourself to 1 or 2 really good beers. Savor them, enjoy them, drink them "mindfully".

Works for me - dang - I've worked up a thirst for DH's home brew. I gotta go throw some in the fridge for tonight ;)

Thanks C-D...i have thought of that...but I think I would need the good beers first...before the coke...then just stop..my problem of course. We have a local brewery here...STONE....they have several I like...plus they are high in alcohol...maybe one of those would be enough for the buzz...NO WAY can I drink 6-12 of those in a day!

Awwww, you can do it, EZ!!!

I should probably cut down on my alcohol consumption, too. (Especially since I'm underage back here in America - it was legal the last six years I was in Europe though!!). How many calories do you think were in those 12 shots of Sake last night? I don't even want to know!

WHAT!! 12 shots!! OMGoodness ....kids! ;)

But REALLY what I wanted to post about was how funny it is that they're starting to send you coupons, to keep up your can recycling to help out at the playground. Now that is just pure funny!

The church would probably send a car to be my DD if I continued to drink out of aluminum cans!

(And when I get back up to the AK - my boyfriend and I are going to go church hunting, looking for a Lutheran church. I haven't been in 14 years (since I was baptised when I was five, basically) so I think it's about time. :) )

IGLOO GIRL...It is ALWAYS time for church ;)...good for you!

EZ - I'm looking forward to seeing LOTS of :) s

Thanks for your support WEBROVER ~ the next post will tell the total for 3 days....

GatorgalstuckinGA
07-01-2008, 11:07 PM
well gary...maybe i should have seen this thread before me and DH anniversary dinner...1/2 bottle of wine later...and i'm very drunk LOL. I need this thread!

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
Well I am doing GREAT today as far as the beer goes!

I drank a water when I got home from work and jumped on the treadmill for 3.25 miles. I knew the sucker would run on coffee, if Angie and I don't do Saturday morning Star$$$ I may jump on the beast with a 20 oz. leaded ~ I knew it would run on beer...much easier to get on the monster after work that way....I had no idea it would run on water....go figure.

I finished a Coke 0 then went to the fridge for another...wasn't any :mad:...I found a diet Pepsi......had no idea the garage fridge had these things in it! I always shove my beer right up front...make the kids search for juice and soft drinks.

3 days into this "journey of less beer"....0ne :) for each day with 2 or less beers....

:)~:)~:)~......3 days....1 beer....still breathing...still able to crawl to the computer and post on 3FC...life is still good....even with less beer...how long can I go?.....usually 2 weeks ;)

but once....not too many years ago.....I went 18+ YEARS!

Thanks ~ Gary

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
well gary...maybe i should have seen this thread before me and DH anniversary dinner...1/2 bottle of wine later...and i'm very drunk LOL. I need this thread!

HUMMM! OK KIDDO...your anniversary....dinner....drinks....HUSBAND is thinkin' he's getting :lucky:...you're here checking what the big dummy is doing today...Hummm...WE NEED TO TALK!..

GET TO BED!!!! ;)

EZMONEY
07-02-2008, 11:35 PM
page 2? :mad: PAGE 2!!? :mad:

I quit drinking for a few days and no pays attention to me....dang! so :(

so very :(

Two days in a row I started the treadmill with water after work then switched to diet Pepsi tonight for some homemade pizza. i wasn't sure if pizza tasted good w/o beer...FYI...it does :)

Not making any promises for the week-end...big 4th of July Shuffleboard tournament here on Friday....but for now...

4 days...1 beer

:)~:)~:)~:)

Clydegirl
07-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Gary I've been following your thread and just wanted to say good job.

It's good that you've changed your behaviour when you get home from work. Have a few tomorrow and enjoy them slowly.

WebRover
07-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Well I am doing GREAT today as far as the beer goes!
:)~:)~:)~......3 days....1 beer....

4 days...1 beer

:)~:)~:)~:)

Hey, I don't know how I missed these updates. I went hunting for them today. Whoo Hoo - 4 days. I'm :) to see the :):):):) !!!!!

Let's go for one more! (That's the Royal Let's, where I say it and you do it.:)) You know you can do it. Especially now that you know that your exercise equipment likes water. :D And your fridge can disgorge soda. :D

Sorry for the :( days of non-support. Keep on going.

CountingDown
07-03-2008, 08:44 PM
:D
Gary - you are doin' GREAT!!!! Keep it up! Moderation is the word for the month of July!

Looks like you are a star pupil this week :)

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Gary I've been following your thread and just wanted to say good job.

It's good that you've changed your behaviour when you get home from work. Have a few tomorrow and enjoy them slowly.

Thank you so much BIG BIRD! Although every time we "chat" I am reminded of that ARCH which reminds me of Clydesdales which reminds me of Budweiser which reminds me of....NOT DRINKING! ;)

Hey, I don't know how I missed these updates. I went hunting for them today. Whoo Hoo - 4 days. I'm :) to see the :):):):) !!!!!

Let's go for one more! (That's the Royal Let's, where I say it and you do it.:)) You know you can do it. Especially now that you know that your exercise equipment likes water. :D And your fridge can disgorge soda. :D

Sorry for the :( days of non-support. Keep on going.

NEVER EVER say you non-supported me! We can't be everywhere at all times...that is why WE make a great TEAM!

:D
Gary - you are doin' GREAT!!!! Keep it up! Moderation is the word for the month of July!

Not too good at that...yet :)

Looks like you are a star pupil this week :)

I'm "something" all right ;)

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: TO YOU ALL!

I am nothing without my TEAM! Well, again today my treadmill went 3.25 miles on water. I had a diet Pepsi and a surprise Coke 0, that was behind the Pepsi, for dinner with ....ahem...too many burritos...4! Oh well...a work in progress!

HAVE A GREAT 4th EVERYONE!

5 days.....1 beer

:)~:)~:)~:)~:).....may be adding a few tomorrow....moderation...moderation...Scooter MaMa....moderation....listen to your TEAM!....moderation....:hug:

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Gals ~

I hope you all had a great day yesterday. Mine was EXCELLENT!

I got through the shuffleboard/bocce ball BBQ with only ONE beer! :carrot:

The party didn't start until 4:00...usually by that time I would have a few in me. When we did get going I decided to start with a Pepsi One. I finished that and then got a Landshark beer. I nursed it, when I was finished I went for another...then backed off and told myself "Have a diet A&W rootbeer, then if you want another beer get one"....well, although I did WANT ONE I knew it could lead to more and if I did have more I wouldn't be able to put up another :) happy face :)....I grabbed a water!

Plenty of beer left in the fridge for the horses!

One :) for every day with 2 or less beers....

6 days....2 beers....

:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
PROOF!

SoulBliss
07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
EZ, did I see you mention STONE? Oh, the IPA is my favorite!!! My DH and I used to split a 6 pack. :devil:

SoulBliss
07-05-2008, 01:20 PM
On that same note, he asked me to pick up a 6 pack yesterday (DD was over at a friend's and we had time to ourselves ;) ) and I suggested we drink Patron instead. :lol: Hey, I just had one shot! Less calories!!!

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey SOUL Patron goes real well in a tri-tip marinade I use!

My son's friend used to drive a truck for Stone...he lived near me...would drop off "samples" at my house from time to time....then he drove for Naked Juice....same thing.....then he moved to Colorado....dang!

SoulBliss
07-05-2008, 01:55 PM
We have great local companies, don't we? :)

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 02:42 PM
We have great local companies, don't we? :)

We certainly do! After I posted the above, I ran down to the corner and got a haircut, as Jack was cutting my hair I realized that the tri-tip marinade wouldn't really work for you...tequila or not! :D

SoulBliss
07-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Well, the marinade might work...just not what you put IN it. ;) :D

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Well, the marinade might work...just not what you put IN it. ;) :D

the tequila? ;)

SoulBliss
07-05-2008, 03:04 PM
The COW, silly! :p

I could marinate seitan in your marinade. I bet it would be good.

WebRover
07-05-2008, 08:32 PM
EZ congratulations for your 6th :) Good Job!

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 09:09 PM
EZ congratulations for your 6th :) Good Job!

Thanks WebRover....working on #7 right now...0 beers but I have had enough Coke/Pepsi 0 for the day ;)...oh, and a diet A&W...switching to water.

having pizza tonight...we shall see ;)

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 11:01 AM
The house was full of teen-age boys/girl for the UFC fights last night.

4 large pizzas were on the counter....nothing goes better than beer with pizza as far as I am concerned!

I started with the rest of the Pepsi One I was drinking...grabbed 1 Birra Moretti...pizza is Italian right? ....wanted another....went for the salad instead :carrot: and a water.

7 days.....3 beers

:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)

CountingDown
07-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Gary - you are doing GREAT!!!!! Keep it up! I'm off to grab some iced tea to celebrate your success http://img197.echo.cx/img197/8929/coffee0ib.gif

WebRover
07-06-2008, 06:16 PM
That's awesome EZ. You are doing great!

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I thought today might be a little tough, I went to church then grocery shopping for my lunch stuff for the week. Angie is off for the summer and does almost all the cooking now so she shops as she needs.

Then I had most of the day free...I thought...the Federer vs. Nadal took care of that....kept me busy....because of the "tense" situation of the match if I had been drinking I would have probably been going through them quick!

Thank goodness I bought a bought a case at the store...of COKE 0!

0 BEERS TODAY :carrot:

8 days.....3 beers :)

:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)

8 days in a row w/o drinking more than 2 beers! YAY for me ;)

Angie is :) too ;)

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Worked all day...home in time just to shower then drive and meet my daughter for a 3 mile walk and visit, then back home tonight around 7:30 for dinner and catching up here....

no time for beer...Coffee...water...during work....2 COKE 0's after work!

9 days....3 beers :)

:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)~:)

WebRover
07-08-2008, 04:09 AM
You must be really pleased. You are doing really well. I'm thinking the scale is going to be really kind to you at your next weigh-in.

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 01:22 AM
You must be really pleased. You are doing really well. I'm thinking the scale is going to be really kind to you at your next weigh-in.

All I know WebRover is Angie is really pleased :) I'm not sure about this weight thing....it really doesn't seem to be making a difference...and it should be! Dang....

Nothing but coffee, water and Coke 0 again today!

:) = A 2 beer or less day

EVERY 5 :)'s = :dance:

10 days.....3 beers

:dance: ~ :dance:

Clydegirl
07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow Gary that's really good. 3 beers in 10 days.

Keep it up.

NightengaleShane
07-09-2008, 04:27 PM
GOOD JOB, GARY! :D

I love that beer for my horses song... but you're right... I Love This Bar is even better... and I Wanna Talk About Me is another Toby Keith fave :)

I tend to stick with Bacardi and Diet Coke while drinking (or Captain Morgan Coconut Rum and Diet Coke) and since I do not drink very often, I can get buzzed with around 4 or 5 drinks (perfectly tipsy with no hangover, wahoo!) I am not much of a beer drinker personally... to me, the taste is only "ok" and I usually see it as empty calories... BUT... Beck's light beer is a good deal with only 64 calories a bottle... what's your fave? :D

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks BIG BIRD! :)

Thanks SHANE! Good to see you :) As far as my favorites...I am pretty "domestic" I like MGD and Budweiser home watching TV and scratchin' ;)....Corona and Pacifico with Mexican food....Birra Moretti and Peroni with Italian.....Stone IPA and Karl Strauss Amber Lager

Well I have finished the treadmill...I used to jump on after work beer in hand...finished dinner...I had water....COKE 0 went with me as Angie and I did a "look at a house for sale for the son/daughter in law"...and another COKE 0 right now...no beer tonight! My garage fridge is feeling :( lonely :(

Thanks for all the support :hug: It means so much to me!

11 days.....3 beers

:dance::dance::)

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Been mixing drinks since I got home from work...........

Coke 0 ~ Diet Pepsi ~ Diet A&W ~ on a Diet Coke right now....

how much of this stuff is in the fridge anyway?

12 days........3 beers

:dance::dance::) :)

Clydegirl
07-11-2008, 12:47 AM
Gary you must be so fed up drinking Coke 0.

Have you tried Crystal Light? The wee packets are good. I like the tea flavours.

The light Cranberry juice is good half'n half with water, lots of ice.

The fridge just keeps replenishing it self with diet soda, it must be that soda fairy.

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 12:55 AM
HA! BIG BIRD ~ Yep I am getting a little tired of this soda....been years since I drank soda like this. Used to have a Dr. Pepper problem!

The Crystal Light is a good idea, we actually have some in the pantry, nephew drinks it from time to time, I will have to try it or maybe some of Angie's sun tea.

We have tons of soda...there was a great sale last week-end, bought loads of it for the BBQ's here, seems my entire family each drinks a different flavor! oh, and the beer drinkers each have their "own" too...

what ever happened to the days we all drank Bud or Coors and Coke or Pepsi?

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 03:30 AM
Well I spent the evening with my daughter for her 25th birthday at dinner and a play...had one beer with my lasagna and a sip of wine from Angie's glass!

13 days.......4 beers

:dance::dance::) :) :)

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Well it has been 14 days now since I decided to make better choices on my beer consumption. I think I have done rather well :) I had got myself up to 4-6 beers a day during the week and a 6 pack or more on the week-end. Not a good thing for my "journey of better choices" or my liver!

I didn't make the commitment to give up drinking all together, just trying to get to the point of being sensible...which many of you know is just not me ;)

For me it is a bad habit :devil:...if I don't grab a beer first thing every night when I get home I am OK...if I do then I usually end up in the "more I drink....the MORE I drink" mode.

I quit for 18 years once...didn't have a problem...started about 5 years ago, I really don't remember exactly, having a beer every now and then...then I built up to see above. Which isn't good :devil:

Not sure if my new plan will work. So far it has gone exactly like I want it to! I have had 1 beer after a hard day at work ~ 1 beer on the 4th of July ~ 1 beer with pizza watching the UFC fights and 1 beer at dinner for my daughter's birthday....

That is how it should be...for me...Not sure if it will continue...not making any promises...but after 2 weeks...and I know it is only 2 weeks...I am pleased!

Oh and so is ANGIE :)...although, honestly, she never says much about it one way or the other to me...but sometimes I could just tell she wasn't too :) happy :)

She has been :) smiling :) at me a lot lately though ;)

It was nothing but Crystal Light...punch...yesterday! Thanks for the suggestion CLYDEGIRL :hug: and :celebrate: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for the support from ALL of YOU!! :hug:

14 days.......4 beers...

:dance: :dance: :) :) :) :)

Clydegirl
07-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Gary you sound a lot like my hubs.

He got into the habit of drinking a beer as soon as he got home from work and one led to another.

A month ago his doc put him on Lipitor and he had to stop. I know he misses having a beer after work but so far so good. He will have one a week now.

I'm glad the crystal light worked.

You're doing great keep it up.

Thank you once again for the birthday wishes. I need to make good choices when we go out to eat.

CountingDown
07-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Gary - you are doing GREAT! So proud of you! And with a momentous birthday celebration too. Mindful drinking - something we ALL should practice. I love the new happy dancers too :D

Fat Chick B Gone
07-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Oh I've found my people. While I'd likely lose quicker giving up the booze and just isn't going to happen!
I do only drink 1-2 days a week but need to cut back on those days - calorie wise not problem wise ;-)

I do find drinking a "better" beer helps me not drink as much - but this is just me. Like diets it's not one size fits all. I have a friend like you Gary - if he's drinking he's drinking. Doesn't matter if it's a 12 pack of watered down crap or a 12 pack of Guiness. He found that by starting later in the day he drank less!

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Gary you sound a lot like my hubs.

He got into the habit of drinking a beer as soon as he got home from work and one led to another.

Told Angie it wasn't just me!

A month ago his doc put him on Lipitor and he had to stop. I know he misses having a beer after work but so far so good. He will have one a week now.

Yep...I really need to get my liver checked or get off the Lipitor!

I'm glad the crystal light worked.

Almost a gallon between yesterday and today...punch!

You're doing great keep it up.

Thank you once again for the birthday wishes. I need to make good choices when we go out to eat.

Have fun and enjoy your win today :)

Gary - you are doing GREAT! So proud of you! And with a momentous birthday celebration too. Mindful drinking - something we ALL should practice. I love the new happy dancers too :D

Me too! :dance:

Oh I've found my people. While I'd likely lose quicker giving up the booze and just isn't going to happen!
I do only drink 1-2 days a week but need to cut back on those days - calorie wise not problem wise ;-)

I do find drinking a "better" beer helps me not drink as much - but this is just me. Like diets it's not one size fits all. I have a friend like you Gary - if he's drinking he's drinking. Doesn't matter if it's a 12 pack of watered down crap or a 12 pack of Guiness. He found that by starting later in the day he drank less!

That might work for me but I can't stay up past 10 ;)

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT :)

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 12:54 AM
As I watch Big Brother here I am drinking Crystal Light...punch flavor, have been all day long, once the coffee was over with. This is the third Sunday in a row I didn't have a beer. Been a long time since that happened! June 29th - July 13th... 15 days down...so far so good :)

15 days......4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance:

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 01:18 AM
16 days.....4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :)

Clydegirl
07-16-2008, 01:51 AM
Gary :cp: :bravo:

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks BIG BIRD! :hug:

I can tell you right now that after tonight it will be....

17 days....4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :) :)

CountingDown
07-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks BIG BIRD! :hug:

I can tell you right now that after tonight it will be....

17 days....4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :) :)
:woohoo:
AWESOME - absolutely, positively, fantastically AWESOME!
I'm so proud of you!!!

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/8577/yupi3ti.gif

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I know you are...(((HUGS))) Thank-You!

EZMONEY
07-18-2008, 09:31 AM
None last night....I probably will have a beer or two this week-end. Going to see Phantom Of The Opera with my daughter and :p son in law :p on Sunday ....spending time with him always leads me to drinkin'! Then probably out for Mexican food before church on Saturday night...promising myself to maintain ;)

18 days.....4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :) :) :)

WebRover
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM
You're doing great! Think Angie has anything to do with the soft drinks replenishing themselves in the fridge? :D

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 08:05 PM
I am doing better than I thought :carrot: I didn't have any beer yesterday and looking at the calendar, I had marked June 29th my first day of "no more than 2 beers"...I didn't drink at all that day...anyway that makes it 20 days, as of yesterday!

20 days.....4 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Not marking down today yet...we are going for Mexican food....I am sure I will have a beer...not totally in control just yet ;)

Clydegirl
07-19-2008, 08:33 PM
Enjoy your one beer Gary.

Enjoy Phantom too. Saw it here in St.Louis, good show.

CountingDown
07-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Gary - ENJOY that beer. Moderation is my mantra - abstinence is a WHOLE 'nother topic.

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 11:39 PM
THANKS GALS for the support! :hug:

Well I did have only one beer :carrot: a Corona. Got home from church and poured myself a tall orange juice!

Now then....we shall see about tomorrow....burgers at the Sports bar before Phantom, with my daughter and :p son in law :p, then I always have a beer at intermission....that's usually how Angie can keep me there ;)

I'm done for the night....marking it down....

21 days......5 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :)

WebRover
07-20-2008, 05:38 AM
You're staying ahead of the game. Doing great! Keep it going.

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 11:54 AM
Going to try...thanks!

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 12:23 AM
Well I did better than I planned on today :) My :love: daughter :love: and :p son in law :p didn't join us for lunch. Seems the lady that was supposed to take over for him at the tennis club today was an hour late. This worked out as an advantage for me :carrot: I didn't need to get drunk in order to hang around :p him :p so I stopped after 1 MGD!

I thought I would have one at half-time....er...intermission since :p he :p would be there but luckily :p he :p and my :love: daughter :love: ran into some tennis friends from college so I didn't have to chat with :p him :p

I was having a hard time understanding all the words to the Phantom anyway so I figured I better stay sober, Angie likes it a lot better if we have conversation about the plays on the way home over "Shut up...I'm trying to listen to the game" ;)

Stopped by the grocery store on the way home for some salad fixins...saw my :love: son and daughter in law :love: there....:love: they :love: were :yikes: shocked to see no beer in my cart.

Came home...popped the top on a Coke 0...followed that up with a tall glass of orange juice and finishing up the night with water. Gonna ring it up now and go visit my wife while she watches Willie Wonka for the umpteenth time!

22 days.....6 beers....22 days to drink a 6-pack...WOW! I used to do that after work before bed...back when I was good at it!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :) :)

Clydegirl
07-21-2008, 12:27 AM
I was just wondering how you got on today!

Well done Gary a six-pack in 22 days.

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks BIG BIRD ~ I was very proud of myself for not having a second beer during the intermission. My seat at the theater this year is on the asile...I usually can make it up the stairs and to the mini-bar before anyone else...so what if a few old ladies get "pushed" as long as I yell EXCUSE ME as I pass! Didn't even go to it yesterday. Son in law asked if I wanted anything, since he was going to get my daughter a water, and I just said "No thank-you"....not sure if he was more surpried that I didn't want a beer or that I was polite to him!

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 02:43 PM
Still doing well...no beers yesterday :) I think I will keep this going to the end of the month....to remind me. I am not in any pain from not drinking...quite easy for me actually, praise God. However, I will say that I "plan" my drinking now. Like I planned to have a drink at dinner Saturday night...I did...I planned to have a beer at lunch Sunday...I did....I planned to have a beer at the play...I did not. Now, I don't plan to or not to have a beer at home.

Not sure if planning to drink is a good thing or not...but so far, it is working for me.

Thanks for the support :hug:

23 days....6 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :) :) :)

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Well I had one beer yesterday with dinner. Angie and I celebrated the end of the first year of my "journey" at a really cool Italian restaurant. I had swordfish with red potatoes and broccoli, she had pork chops stuffed with asparagus and some kind of cheese...go figure...we went for Italian! The only thing Italian at the dinner was the Birra Moretti I had and the cannoli Angie had :) we had a great evening sitting outside, we couldn't see the beach but since it was on the other side of the building we could "feel" it.

Not planning on any beer tonight :) Loaded fridge with Coke 0 ~ Diet Pepsi caffeine free and several Crystal Light flavors.

25 days.....7 beers

5 of a Kind of Dancing Ghosts!....Sweet hand :)

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

mrsaugie
07-23-2008, 09:29 PM
way to go:cp:

WebRover
07-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Wow - 25 days ago did you think you'd be so far ahead of plan?

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
way to go:cp:

Thanks mrsaugie :)

Wow - 25 days ago did you think you'd be so far ahead of plan?

Probably not Web...was I drunk? ;)

Clydegirl
07-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Sounds like you had a nice night. I love swordfish.

Love seeing all those dancing ghosts.

Keep it up Gary.

EZMONEY
07-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks BB!

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Just up-dating for "my accountability"

I had 1/2...yep a half a cold beer last night when we went out for Mexican food. Forgot all about it until it was time to go, I was drinking water too. I finished if off then we left....warm...very warm. Funny, not funny ha-ha...but I used to have them bring me 2 at once sometimes! Man I am getting the hang of this moderation thing!

27 days....8 beers

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :) :)

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 12:36 AM
Well we had our family once a month get together today...were expecting 22 but ended up with 29! Ex-wife's cousins teen-age girls just got into town ~ my son in law and daughter's best man was visiting ~ my brother in law's mom, aunt and brother just moved back.....that's enough to drive you to drinkin'! ;)

Nah....just another typical BBQ at our house!

1 beer for me today with lunch...0 yesterday!

Almost a month down!

29 days....9 beers

:dance::) :dance::) :dance: :):dance::) :dance:

Fat Chick B Gone
07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I haven't checked in for a while. Last weekend while in Vegas I consumed a total of 5 beers. Um yes only 5 drinks in the city of sin is quite the accomplishment in my world!!

Only had one glass of wine with dinner last night ;-)

Hey and you still get a buzz when you don't drink as often!

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 10:48 PM
I haven't checked in for a while. Last weekend while in Vegas I consumed a total of 5 beers. Um yes only 5 drinks in the city of sin is quite the accomplishment in my world!!

Great! When I was in Vegas last month I think I had 5 beers an hour! One reason why I started this thread!

Only had one glass of wine with dinner last night ;-)

Good for you :)

Hey and you still get a buzz when you don't drink as often!

I noticed that! Now I could be a cheap drunk!

EZMONEY
07-30-2008, 12:55 AM
I didn't have any beer yesterday but tonight Angie and I went out for pizza. We each had a beer.

Today makes it one month since I started this thread. I have done exactly what I set out to. I think I can continue this...I hope so. It has been pretty smooth sailing really. A fluke? Time will tell. Quit for 18 years once....wonder if I can drink responsibly for 18?

Anyway I think it's time to end this thread...seems to have run it's course.

I thank all of you that supported me in this month long journey :hug: It means a lot to me!

And also for the Private Messages! :hug:

FINAL TOTAL ~

31 days.....10 beers....31 days ~ 21 days 0 beers ~ 10 days 1 beer

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: :)

Clydegirl
07-30-2008, 01:04 AM
You did good Gary.

I wish you continued success.