Weight Loss Support - EZ's 5 LB. GUARANTEED WEIGHT LOSS PILL!

Pages : [1] 2

EZMONEY
06-30-2008, 11:16 PM
SURE!...Oh, I am sure there is a pill that will guarantee you a 5 pound loss....but who wants to sit on the potty all day? :shrug:

NOT ME! That is why I can guarantee you a 5 pound loss just by hanging out here on this thread and :listen: listening to :love: MY TEAM :love:

I know our plan works...I personally have lost 5 pounds, since I started this guarantee, TWICE!

I started it at 178.8 got down to 174.8 twice....I am back to 178.8....

is it :love: MY TEAM'S :love: fault?

of course not! :no:

many of them have gotten the job done! :yes:

that's why I am hanging around....with my very own personal guarantee!

Wanna lose 5 pounds? .....then join :love: THE TEAM :love:

CountingDown
06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
LOL - OK Gary, I'm personally guaranteeing your 5 lb. loss. Let's get in some prep work for the 5k and remember - "moderation in all things" - even BEVERAGES!

;)

I'm gonna stay strong through the holiday weekend - how about you?

EZMONEY
06-30-2008, 11:48 PM
But SCOOTER MaMa if I can drink a 12 pack in a day...isn't 8 or 9 moderation?

Angie doesn't seem to think so...she's thinkin' 1 or 2!

thistoo
07-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I am here to testify that this is a pill that really works. So far I've lost nine pounds with EZ's Guaranteed Weight Loss Pill. 4 out of 5 doctors recommend it. There's a money back guarantee, too.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Angie does always say that I'm a pill.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Well I checked in at 177.4 this morning....down over a pound from yesterday.

that "magic" pill must be working!

That...or...I have had only 1 beer in two days!

Lose it today gals!

thistoo
07-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm holding steady at 191.2 again this morning. Better than going up, certainly, though I wish I wasn't having such a hard time losing right now. I'm sticking to my plan and hopefully things will start progressing again any day now. I guess I need to hit the workouts a little harder too; it's easy to get complacent, after all.

Everyone have a great Tuesday!

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 09:46 AM
It sure is CAROLINE! Try switching up your routine a bit ~ try something new!

have a great day .....enjoy your team.

midwife
07-01-2008, 10:01 AM
I am here to testify that this is a pill that really works. So far I've lost nine pounds with EZ's Guaranteed Weight Loss Pill. 4 out of 5 doctors recommend it. There's a money back guarantee, too.

Even better, 2 out of 2 midwives recommend EZ's weight loss program. :carrot:

You can't go wrong, people. Step right up. I'm sure there's a money back guarantee! :lol:

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
1/2 Price 4th of July SPECIAL runs through the week-end MIDWIFE.

marbleflys
07-01-2008, 10:15 AM
send me the pill....with dosage instructions please.

Hat Trick
07-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Hi guys. Haven't posted in awhile. The good news is that I lost another lb. and met my end of June/graduation party goal! Yipee!!! The bad news? I pruned a shrubbery last Thursday and had a horrible, awful allergic reaction. It started small on my chin Fri. and by the end of my daughter's graduation party Sat. afternoon (which went very well) was rapidly spreading all over my neck, face, forearms, fingers (ooo they look like hot dogs). Just AWFUL! :( It was bright red, burning hot (like a really bad sunburn) and itchy as ****. Went to doc yesterday -- boy do I wish they had Sunday hours -- and by the look on his face I knew I was pretty much looking like a bright red puffer fish. He gave me a cortizone shot, predizone and some strong antihistamine. The redness and some of the swelling has subsided alot this morning. Still pretty itchy but it is drying up so it's more of a 'good' itch rather than a 'painful' itch like Sat, Sun and Mon.

No exercise -- just sitting at the computer the heat from it is making me itchy -- and I can't pick anything up my fingers are so swollen and covered in hivey things. Oy, I will no longer be pruning that dang shrub. It's called a 'diablo ninebark'. Diablo translates to 'devil'. Yes, the devil bush won. I will just be admiring it from the patio from now on.

Looks like folks are doing ok, considerting the 'graduation/fourth of july/summer bbq's that are taking place. I'm going for just holding steady this week and will kick it up when this rash thingy is gone. We go vacation the week after next so if I can maybe drop a lb. or two then hold that (or close to it) through vacation I'll be happy.

Hang in there guys! We can get through these tempting summertime distractions and get this weight off. Have a good one all!! :)

thistoo
07-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Ooh, Hat Trick, that is awful! I'm glad your hives are clearing up, but I'm sure it hasn't been fun waiting for them to go away. I get itchy whenever I pull any of the English Ivy out of my yard (there's tons of it, it's a constant battle) but so far no hives, knock on wood. I was joking about that this weekend while doing yard work, though; I don't think I'll make jokes about it anymore!

Feel better.

It's a gorgeous day here and I'm dogsitting the next two days, so I think I will take my charge for a nice walk up the Tennessee hills this evening. I have to enjoy the weather before it gets hot again.

EZMONEY
07-01-2008, 10:21 PM
I was able to get 3.25 miles in on the treadmill after work. Have a Coke 0 in hand ;) Stuck with one big handful of chips,no dip... with feta burgers tonight.....one on a whole wheat bun, one w/o...watermelon and cantaloupe.

CAROLINE ~Enjoy the dog sitting...want two more to watch? ;)...they are CLEAN tonight...at least until Gus the Gopher pops his head!

HAT TRICK ~Glad the graduation party went well in spite of all the itching :hug:...WAIT! I take that :hug: back for now...is it contagious?....the itching? If not...keep the :hug: ;)

MARBLEFLYS ~You didn't get the pill? Hummm...sure I sent it...try going out to the mailbox a few more times...on a dead run....then circle the block a few times looking for the postman....if it doesn't come....try-try again! I am sure even looking for that magic pill will help in your weight loss ;)

:) ~ It's a good day to be alive ~ :)

thistoo
07-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Gary, Cody would love it if I brought him two more dogs to play with, but I'm pretty sure my sister wouldn't be so happy about all the dog hair in her house. ;)

Morning, all. I am squarely at 191 this morning, so I only have one more pound to go to reach my second 5 pounds lost goal. It's still going really slowly right now, but at least it's going in the right direction! I did a 5K last night, so hopefully that will help.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope, like me, that you only have two work days left for the week.

Hat Trick
07-02-2008, 10:48 AM
Ooh, Hat Trick, that is awful! I'm glad your hives are clearing up, but I'm sure it hasn't been fun waiting for them to go away. I get itchy whenever I pull any of the English Ivy out of my yard (there's tons of it, it's a constant battle) but so far no hives, knock on wood. I was joking about that this weekend while doing yard work, though; I don't think I'll make jokes about it anymore!

Feel better.

Hey, thanks! :) I feel tons better today. All hail the pharmaceutical gods for the wonder drug of prednisone!! Wow, this stuff does a great job. The itchy hivey things are quite, quite faded and quite, quite dry. Still some swelling in my face but way, way, way down. The only negative is that prednisone can cause wt. gain and the scale was up like 4 lbs today. Not panicked as I have NOT been drinking water much at all the past three or four days and eating has been very odd. Not much appetite till this morning, but of course that didn't stop me from eating graduation cake (oh, the best bakery cake of all butter lb. cake and icing. We had it for our wedding cake 21 yrs. ago and it's still the best thing I've ever had from a bakery. My thought process was -- it will likely be three or four years b/4 I have it again so yes, I ate my fair share of it). However, I was way low on 'normal' food and cannot fathom that I ate so many cals. as to gain 4 lbs in 3 days so I am presuming when I am off the drugs the wt will drop fairly quickly.

HAT TRICK ~Glad the graduation party went well in spite of all the itching :hug:...WAIT! I take that :hug: back for now...is it contagious?....the itching? If not...keep the :hug: ;)

No worries Gar -- not contagious in the least. The doc even felt my face to feel how hot it was and I was like 'wow, you are one brave soul -- how do you know I'm not contagious?' He said no, it's an allergic reaction nothing to worry about. I've never, ever, ever had something quite like this. Have been to the doc b/4 for posion ivy that was bad but this? WOW, I am going to be way, way more cautious from now on. Maybe just watering flowers in a pot might suite me better! :)

Even though the scale has done a weird upswing I don't feel any need to freak out about it. And surprisingly today, I did my TM workout AND my wt. workout. Pretty stingy where I um, scratched and scratched but a great workout just the same.

Am completely back 'in the swing' of things today. Am back to my cal. counting and the whole bit.

Thistoo -- you are doing great w/your 'magic pill' loss!! One more lb -- you will get there -- no doubt about it! :yes:

Gar -- good dinner choices. How's the 'beer' going? I was planning on having a Corona or two at the grad party but alas, it just wasn't meant to be. 'Mindfully drinking' applies here, just like 'mindfully eating'. It works if you consciously pay attention to it. Unfortunatley, after a few brewskies it gets harder and harder to pay attention, doesn't it? :lol: Keep on tryin' though!

Have a good one all!!

mtiger
07-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Okay, I am so glad I popped in here this morning. You guys are just what I needed. :encore:As I was reading the latest post Gary gave a shout out to me and my OPness. Thanks for that Gary, because I really needed to hear that I have been OP. Now, inspite of that, I have gained 3 pounds. Why you ask? Don't I wish I knew. I have the wierdest body in the world. It just doesn't do what I expect it to do. This really is the hardest thing I've ever done.

So Now you know why I've been absent: In a HUGE funk!! But coming here today is helping me get my head back on straight and back into the battle.:boxing: I will beat this thing, even if takes me a long time.

So Gary the DIP got ya. Sorry to hear that, but it's gone now so time to march forward. There is a choc. chip birthday cookie in my fridge right now calling my name. I was supposed to take it to my daughter this weekend and forgot it. I have had 2 small pieces but counted them in my calories. It's got to go though.

Hat- Sorry to hear about your reaction. Not fun. That happened to my son once with poison ivy. His whole face swelled up and his eyes swelled shut. Nasty. And I just came in from weed whacking. I better be careful. Glad you are feeling better.

Thistoo- Almost there. Hang on tight. I'm like the cat with it's claws stuck in the end of the rope. We've gotta be tough.

Gary- How is the Coke O? Probably not as good as beer and dip. But necessary. I am learning moderation. Tough lesson. I will have a bite of something to satisfy the craving and then it's got to go. Like that choc. chip cookie demon in the fridge.

Well sitting here in front of this computer is not getting my butt in motion. So I better go do some yard work or something. I'll be on the lookout for reaction causing plants.

Thanks again for the pick me up.

Hat Trick
07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Just looked up the side effects of prednisone and had to post this.

'changes in the way fat is spread around the body'

Hmmm, any chance that it will be a good improvement??

:rofl: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rofl:

CountingDown
07-02-2008, 09:45 PM
Hi all - just a quick fly-by. I'm expecting a short-term loss. Doing a fast for some medical tests. :crossed: Maybe I can drop a lb. AND keep it off if I stay POP through the holiday weekend. Something to strive for anyway. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL and POP holiday weekend. I'm heading for the farmer's market on Friday morning to stock up on veggies to grill. And for the first time in FOREVER, I'm not making potato salad for the 4th. Feels kinda weird - but I think some new (healthy) traditions are in order.

EZMONEY
07-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Gary, Cody would love it if I brought him two more dogs to play with, but I'm pretty sure my sister wouldn't be so happy about all the dog hair in her house. ;).....

Every week I gather up enough here between the vacuum and sweeping to make wigs for all the men in Leisure World!

Gar -- ..... Unfortunatley, after a few brewskies it gets harder and harder to pay attention, doesn't it? :lol: .....

I don't remember......;)Glad the scratch is itched!

So Gary the DIP got ya. .....Just like PIZZA!

Gary- How is the Coke O? Probably not as good as beer and dip. But necessary. I am learning moderation. Tough lesson. I will have a bite of something to satisfy the craving and then it's got to go. Like that choc. chip cookie demon in the fridge.......

Coke 0 is not half bad...for me Pepsi is too sweet and Cke is too strong...I was a Dr. Pepper guy...now, if I drink soda (before this no..or not too many beers diet) I usually drink root beer....I love root beer! I buy many flavors of it...but haven't found a diet one that I like.

..... And for the first time in FOREVER, I'm not making potato salad for the 4th. Feels kinda weird - but I think some new (healthy) traditions are in order.

You are starting to sound like my wife SCOOTER....just about a half hour ago it was "What do you mean NO POTATO or MACARONI salad? She just said..."there will be plenty of fruit salad and Brenda...(my ex)...is bringing 2 veggie salads"

Well I weighed in this morning at 176.4 this morning...another pound down. However we had homemade pizza tonight and I am afraid I put it all back on...dang! But 0 beers after work...2 waters and 2 diet Pepsi's...can't wait until I get more Coke 0!...Have a great THURSDAY everyone!

CountingDown
07-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Gary - don't get discouraged if the weight is up a bit tomorrow. Mine ALWAYS goes up after pizza.
GREAT job on the beverages today :)
I'm proud of you.

And - I am thrilled that I am starting to sound like Angie - means this plan is working :D

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Gary - don't get discouraged if the weight is up a bit tomorrow. Mine ALWAYS goes up after pizza.
GREAT job on the beverages today :)
I'm proud of you.

And - I am thrilled that I am starting to sound like Angie - means this plan is working :D

Thanks SCOOTER MaMa!

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 10:43 PM
The weigh in this morning wasn't too bad ...I was up .2 after all that pizza. Angie is out with my niece tonight so I made my own burritos ~ hamburger ~ refried beans ~ cheese and onion...had too many!

Oh well...at least I did 3.25 miles on the treadmill and 0 beers so far tonight...water and the Coke 0 I found hidden behind some Pepsi's! OLE ~ OLE ~ OLE........

SCORE!!!

Hope I do good tomorrow for the BBQ and shuffleboard tourney....not that strong ;)

HAPPY 4th of July!

mtiger
07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
I just finished my first 5k of the weekend. It was nothing to write home about as far as time, but I was moving. Walked the whole thing. Next time I will go for some speed with jogging involved. I'll have to find the results thread and post there. My scale is still being a poop. Stayed the same today in spite of being on plan and working out. :shrug: Tom. is weigh-in. Do I even bother?

Hope everyone has a good 4th. Don't eat too much ya'll.

EZMONEY
07-03-2008, 11:52 PM
At least that scale didn't go up now did it MINDY?...wink...just think...it may even go down after that next 5K in spite of this guy TOM....wink

thistoo
07-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Mindy, I sometimes don't bother during TOM. But I find that the longer I stick with this, the less water retention I have, so now I do get on the scale just to see. I've gotten very philosophical about the scale over the past two years. ;)

Happy 4th to all the Americans in our group, and TGIF to everyone else! Hope you're all gearing up for a great weekend. I weighed in at 190.2 this morning, so I'm reallyreally close to my second five pounds lost. There will be beers today, I think, so I'm not counting on getting into the 80s tomorrow, but hopefully by next week's 'official' weigh-in.

Today my plan is to avoid carbs as much as possible! For breakfast I had a wonderful egg and sweet potato breakfast burrito in a low carb tortilla (homemade), so there's the bulk of my carbs for the day. Since I'm insulin resistant I have to taper down the carbs for the remainder of the day until I end at dinner with only protein and fiber. It's exhausting thinking about what you're eating all the time, isn't it? But it's worth it if the scale keeps cooperating.

So I'll be sticking with a bunless burger and fruit at the barbecue today, along with a beer or two. I might try one of the deviled eggs I made for the party. They're not low-cal, but they are low carb, so it sort of fits with my diet plan. :p They're bacon and cheddar deviled eggs and they are really good.

EZMONEY
07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
CAROLINE....gimme those eggs! NOW!!

Weighed in at 178.6 this morning...holding steady in that area this week...had hoped for better results since only 1 beer all week and about 15 miles or so in since Sunday...oh well it is a pound down!

Which gets me worried about today/night....

Angie and I did our 5K so that will take care on 1 beer...

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

mtiger
07-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Gary/Angie- This question is really for Angie. I am also a teacher so I have summers off. I am starting to believe that my trouble with losing any weight lately has to do with the fact that I don't go to work all day. I am at home, more sedentary, even though I am eating the same and working out the same. What do you think? And what does anybody think I can do about it? :?:I can't just leave the house and wander around all day. Any suggestions. :^:

By the way, the scale went up today. 2 weeks ago I lost 3.2 and since then I have gained 4. Being home all day is the only thing I can think of that's different. Help!!!

Hat Trick
07-05-2008, 01:06 PM
mtiger -- I'm a SAHM (I work part-time but it's been sloooow this past nearly year) and I find the same thing happens to me in the summer. I think the complete 'lack of routine' throws me off. Some things I try to do to keep on track:

1. Don't sleep in really late. Once in awhile I'll sleep till 9:00 or 9:30 but usually I'm up around 7:00-7:30, b/4 the kids. I can drink my coffee and get changed and start in on exercise b/4 they've descended upon me.

2. Stick to some kind of routine - whether it's cleaning every Monday or grocery shopping every Thursday, etc. It helps knowing 'xx has to be done today'

3. Take the kids out of the house. We joined a pool ($200 for the whole summer) about 10 mins from us. I make it a point to take the kids and sometimes some of their friends over a few times per week. I am NOT a water person AT ALL but the kids like it when I go in. Sooo (reluctantly :)) I go in, w/a noodle floating around, and constantly move my legs and paddling around. I figure at least I'm moving.

4. Hang your clothes outside. Yes, it's more work but several loads per week means just moving about more.

5. Clean out something. This is a great time for cleaning out garages and attics and basements. Gather up stuff for GoodWill or Purple Heart.

6. Clean your house more. I actually find if I can get the house down to a dull roar, it's easier to just keep it up rather than letting it all go downhill.

7. Weed. lol, not the most glamorous job but it takes time and burns cals.

8. Sometimes, like today, I just go to the mall or where ever just to get out of the house and move. My son happens to need new sneakers so thats good enough for me.

Just thought I'd throw out some suggestions that might help. :)

Well, got on the scale today and all but 1 lb. of that fluid from my allergic reaction is gone. Yeah!! Took the last prednisone today and am trying to see if I can get down to 150 by next Sat. We're then going on vacation so I'm looking to hold at 152 by the time we come back. Once we're back I'll have about 5 weeks b/4 the kids go back to school so I'm going to really kick it into high gear to get comfortably into the 140's. Hope everyone is doing well. Seems like alot of folks are busy or away; it's been pretty quiet around here lately. Cheers!!

Spoz
07-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm having some gain. I'm trying not to be disheartened, it may just be fluctuation and quite often I'll get down on myself and the next day my weight is back down. Holding in there - Giving in won't help.

Hope everybody else is going strong.

Mrs Snark
07-05-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm gonna pop this pill and see what happens, I certainly want 5 pounds off of today's weight (156.4).

*waits for the magic to happen*

Tomato
07-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Hey guys,

This thread somehow escaped my attention.

First of all - Hat Trick, sorry to hear about happened and I am glad you are feeling better. I personally consider prednisone an evil drug - I have never had it myself but my dogs were on it, here or there, in the past and it always makes them very hungry and very thirsty. I don't think you need to worry as obviously you will be on it short term only.

Spoz - hang in there. Those weight fluctuations can total killers. It happened to me one day last week - I weighed 2 lbs more every two hours or so, it was unbelievable.

Gary - you better pop another pill as I am catching up with you! Slowly but surely - I am now down to 184 - give me another month! You better lay off some of the beer. :-)

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 01:46 PM
ANGIE HERE-

Gary/Angie- This question is really for Angie. I am also a teacher so I have summers off. I am starting to believe that my trouble with losing any weight lately has to do with the fact that I don't go to work all day. I am at home, more sedentary, even though I am eating the same and working out the same. What do you think? And what does anybody think I can do about it? :?:I can't just leave the house and wander around all day. Any suggestions. :^:

HAT TRICK has some good suggestions.

I find all sorts of projects to do around the house. If I am busy, then I don't munch out of boredom. This summer I am refinishing some end tables and painting an accent wall in my bedroom and possibly in the living/dining room area.

thistoo
07-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Spoz, I've been having a really hard time losing lately myself, so you are definitely not alone. Hang in there! If you're consistent you'll see a great drop eventually, and that will make the holding pattern worth it.

Hat Trick, glad to hear the water weight is mostly gone. Sounds like you have a great plan for the rest of your summer.

I'm still holding steady at 190.2, which is good considering I had a little pasta salad and a beer (just one, but it wasn't light) yesterday. I'm back OP today; the farmer's market yielded a lot of gorgeous produce for less than $10, so now I just have to go to the grocery store for protein and dairy (and cat food). I am really hoping to post a decent loss soon. Creeping along like this is driving me a little crazy. :dizzy:

EZMONEY
07-05-2008, 03:19 PM
By the way, the scale went up today. 2 weeks ago I lost 3.2 and since then I have gained 4. Being home all day is the only thing I can think of that's different. Help!!!

MINDY I see you have already received some good advice on your questions...what a great TEAM we have here :carrot:

....... Took the last prednisone today and am trying to see if I can get down to 150 by next Sat. We're then going on vacation so I'm looking to hold at 152 by the time we come back. Once we're back I'll have about 5 weeks b/4 the kids go back to school so I'm going to really kick it into high gear to get comfortably into the 140's. Hope everyone is doing well. Seems like alot of folks are busy or away; it's been pretty quiet around here lately. Cheers!!

I am still looking for that little cushion too HAT TRICK...according to the pictures taken of me it appears to be stuck to my belly already :) YOU CAN DO THIS! :hug:

I'm having some gain. I'm trying not to be disheartened, it may just be fluctuation and quite often I'll get down on myself and the next day my weight is back down. Holding in there - Giving in won't help.

Hope everybody else is going strong.

Yep SPOZ giving in always makes it worse in the long run...hang in there! :)

I'm gonna pop this pill and see what happens, I certainly want 5 pounds off of today's weight (156.4).

*waits for the magic to happen*

Have seen your pictures...that PILL is working just fine! ;)

Hey guys,

This thread somehow escaped my attention.

Must be the salmonella scare FRIEDGREEN......

Gary - you better pop another pill as I am catching up with you! Slowly but surely - I am now down to 184 - give me another month! You better lay off some of the beer. :-)

If you have seen my other threads you know that that is in control...for now ;)

ANGIE HERE-.......

I find all sorts of projects to do around the house. If I am busy, then I don't munch out of boredom. This summer I am refinishing some end tables and painting an accent wall in my bedroom and possibly in the living/dining room area.[/COLOR]

I see my wife snuck in here with some things I didn't know about! Like I could do anything about it :D...Hi Babe :hug:

I'm still holding steady at 190.2, ....... Creeping along like this is driving me a little crazy. :dizzy:

It is frustrating CAROLINE...but it beats the heck out of BLASTING forward!

Well I weighed in today at 176.6...seems like I have been there all week after Monday. I had hoped to be better than that with all the miles and only 2 beers...but at least it isn't a gain from Monday morning!

Only one beer at the BBQ yesterday, I had one burger, a few too many chips and dip, beans and coleslaw and a small portion of potato salad....then I threw down 2 Nathan hot dogs for a snack...240 calories each...:mad:

Oh well it was the 4th of July...family shuffleboard went well even though Angie and I were eliminated early! 13 teams and we finished in the middle of the bunch...not too bad for old folks ;)

Less than 20 days until my anniversary of "journey of better choices"...need to bump it up a bit!

Thanks for all the support gals :hug:

CountingDown
07-05-2008, 06:58 PM
131.6 - another .6 lb. loss this week. I sure am a turtle these days when it comes to losing. But, as long as that pesky scale is going down, I'm a happy camper :D

This weekend is my 1 year anniversary of starting this journey. I remember seeing a post by Gary and thinking that - here was this six foot GUY trying to lose weight - and I weighed a lot more than he did. I was a bit jealous, I think. But, that went away as I got to know him. He kept encouraging me along the journey - and it really helped. A lb here, 2 lbs there - and even though it has been a slow loss, it has been a stead one.

So - thanks Gary for a wonderful year. I'm gonna lose this last couple of lbs. and You are too! We ARE gonna make our goals in July - we can do it :D

Mrs Snark
07-05-2008, 07:13 PM
As always, weekends tend to be a bit more stressful for me because the DH goes into junk food overdrive. I'm getting better and better at "having fun" and feeling that "celebratory weekend vibe" without booze and snacks, but I will admit there are those looong moments when I want to chuck my plan and bury my face in a bag of greasy potato chips right along side him.

Tonight I defeated that feeling by eating a good 400 grams of raw zucchini and yellow squash. Uh, yeah, I'm kinda full now. It's amazing how those veggies fill you up for so little calories. They just might be my personal "magic pill".

thistoo
07-06-2008, 08:49 AM
CD, you are a total inspiration. It's taking me a lot longer than most, but stories like yours keep me going when I feel like giving up. I look forward to celebrating with you when you lose those last couple pounds. :D

Tyler, great job with the squash! Weekend temptations *are* really hard to beat.

As for myself, I weighed in at 189.8 this morning. :carrot::carrot::carrot: I'm pretty excited to be below 190, but I'll give it until Wednesday before I declare it 'official'. As of right now I've completed my second 5 pounds lost, though. Thanks, Gary! Honestly, coming here to report in every day has really kept me focused.

Now it's on to the next five!

Mrs Snark
07-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Great job, Caroline!

I'm 156 even this morning (-.4), so the pills are working!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:18 AM
That is so AWESOME CAROLINE! Doesn't matter if the scale does go up a tad on Wednesday...and it could very well go down too...but you know you made the '80's! And will get there to stay....that is until you get to the '70's! :carrot: Here is praying the next 5 go quickly!

SCOOTER ~Thanks for the kind words :hug: You have doen an amazing job this year! Your support, not only here but through out the 3FC Community, helps me to continue my goal...to cause trouble ;)....NAH! To get people moving ~ to keep it fun ~ build THE TEAM and maybe...share the Word a little from time to time ;)

HOT LEGS ~Luckily for me Angie is the one that keeps the snacks OUT of the house...her encouragement by example has really made a difference in my life over the last 12 years as far as eating better and exercise. You have done an amazing job...you work so hard and it sure is paying off!

Well I am a little bit bummed this morning. I weighed in at 177 this morning which is exactly what I was last Sunday. Now I realize it isn't a gain and I am very happy :) for that...however, I really had thought it would go down at least a couple of pounds!

Last night we had pizza...to go with the UFC fights and all the teen-age boys/girl here...do they eat anything else? ;)...made a big salad...they didn't touch it! Now...in the old days I would have had way more than half a pizza...maybe even a whole one. Last night I had 3 pieces...wanted more, but ate salad instead...in the old days I never would have had the salad.

The 4th BBQ wasn't great but not bad at all....way less than before....Yesterday I had one hamburger for lunch from the leftovers....in the old days I would have had that and a few hot dogs too.

I have had 3 beers ALL WEEK! :carrot: and no other beverages with calories. In the old days it would not be uncommon at all for me to have knocked back a 6 pack a day....42 beers and about 5,000 calories for the week.... :( sad I know.

Without going to my journal I think I have had 6 5K's this week too...all walking but still, a few calories lost.

I don't get it...my anniversary for this journey is in about 16 days. I really want to be solid!

But ya know what? It isn't about the day...the ounces up or down.....

It's about my "journey of better choices"

And I am going to finish that journey strong...

there may be a bump or two in the road ;)

HAVE A GREAT WEEK LADIES!

Mrs Snark
07-06-2008, 10:28 AM
As you point out, EZ, the journey is the destination. Look at all the victories you had this week, all the improvements big and little over your past habits! The scale can't be the only measure of that kind of success! That was simply a PARADE of great choices! Way to go!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Is our team smart or what?

Thanks Josephine!...it is a journey for all of us...we will be successful!

We have the support system.

mtiger
07-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Hat trick and Angie & Gary- Thank you for all of your suggestions. One of the last things Gary said was "Isn't our team smart". :D Well let me tell you about my "smart" revelation. You know I have been gaining a few and wondering if it isn't because I am just at home all day for the summer. Well Friday was lunch with friends, then ran errands for 4 hours and my normal evening workout. I lost a pound on Sat. Then Sat. I spent the entire day in the yard hauling branches, trimming bushes, weed whacking, you name it. This morning down another pound. So moral of the story, keep moving and doing stuff everyday. Yep this might be my sumer vacation but I cannot sit on the couch and watch 3 hours of tv during the day. :(

This is the longest "journey" of my life. And talk about taking the slow boat to China. That is me. I wish I could just learn to enjoy the scenery along the way. I want to get to the destination so badly I am not enjoying the trip. I must work on that.

Congrats to those losing, even though it may be slow. And how wonderful for everyone and all the changes we are making to make ourselves happier and heathier. Onward and upward. And remember- "Every day is a new journey. Enjoy the ride!"

Tomato
07-06-2008, 11:33 AM
The last couple of days I was thinking about the guys who participated in the hot dog eating contest - I forgot where it was held, you US folks will probably know better - I think the top two contenders were Chestnut and Kobayashi. I think they ate something like 59 hot dogs in 10 minutes - do you think they made themselves barf it all up afterwards? Or did they lay low like a python who is digesting an alligator, until they were 'back to normal' again?
Just think of the amounf of fat and sodium in those 59 hot dogs - shudder! For some reason, this silly contest always pops to my mind when I read about how hard we try to eat the right stuff - like Josephine next to her husband who is enjoying chips. I don't think I could eat raw zucchini - you rock, lady.

thistoo
07-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Thanks, guys! I am coming down with a cold that's been going around work, but I didn't use it as an excuse not to work out this morning. Seeing that '8' on the scale really motivated me to work out in spite of the fogginess in my head.

Mindy, I have been at this two years so far and I'm only down 55 pounds. There was a whole *year* in there that I barely lost anything! So I know all about the slow boat, trust me. In fact, I think I'm rowing in a dingy behind the slow boat. ;) Just keep at it, you're doing great! Congratulations on figuring out what you need to do to get the weight coming off again.

CountingDown
07-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Caroline - way to go! I think seeing that middle number change was one of the most motivating things for me. I had a mini-celebration every time. And - I claimed it when it whent down - even if it snuck back over the line again). Keep at it, and I'm sure the 180s will be history too :D Oh, and thank you much for your kind words. You made my day!

Gary - don't sweat 177. I'm betting you actually lost weight. With the foods at the BBQ - the pizza, the chips and dip - and the hot dogs you have eaten over the last couple days - the sodium content is bound to have added some water weight to your body. I am really proud of your tenacity in watching your beverage calories. Keep it up! Once you are back in an eating routine this week, those extra lbs. are gonna slip away. Stay strong - you CAN do this!!!

Tomato - I can't even imagine eating one hot dog, let alone 59. The whole concept is pretty repulsive to me actually. UGH!

Josephine - I use raw veggies to get me through those challenges as well. There are times that I just HAVE to snack, and I keep raw veggies prepared and ready to grab to fill those moments. They have saved me from grabbing cheese and crackers so many times that I have lost count. Love your new avatar picture :D

I'm off to grab a glass of iced tea and put my feet up - gotta enjoy this beautiful weather we are having :D

Hope you all have a GREAT day! Stay strong!!!

EZMONEY
07-06-2008, 08:19 PM
MINDY I am sorry the weight isn't coming off as quickly as you want. Most of us are in that same slow boat....the first ones come off easy, then we reach a point where our body says "stay here"...for me that is a comfort zone that "I" want...not really what my body is saying! We are a TEAM and we will support each other.

FRIEDGREEN I actually watched it with my son...disgusting but entertaining....yes I am twisted!

CAROLINE I hope you feel better soon :hug:

SCOOTER Thank you for the encouragement :hug: Actually that is a lot of salt...hope you are right....but I still have hot dogs and hamburgers and PIZZA leftover....arrgghhh! It may go to the trash though soon!

EZMONEY
07-07-2008, 09:49 AM
:carrot: It may have been that salt SCOOTER MaMA! I was down to 175.4 this morning :carrot:

gotta jam to work.....bye and thanks!

mtiger
07-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Go figure! Last week I gained weight for 7 straight days. I was up 3.4 pounds. No particular reason why, I thought maybe I was just taking it too EZ. Well this weekend, since Friday, I have lost 3.6 pounds. Now I did run errands for hours Friday and worked in the yard all day Sat. HMM??? Did it make that much difference? :?: Well, bottom line, I will take it and pray that it stays off this time.

Last night I did another 5k. I'm not quite like you Gary, but I did 2 this weekend. I wanted to beat 46.1 (my 1st official race time) but I did it in 47 min. Hey, there are more hills on this course while the other one was all flatland. Anyhow, I did good!!:cool:

Thistoo- The slow boat has sped up a little. Throw me a rope and I'll tug ya along.

Josephine- I went looking around on your blog. Great pics and very motivational. And you are a beast with the running. Once again, motivational. Can I be like you when I grow up?

CD- Don't you love it when you see that new lower number. I'm still working on changing that 1 to a 0.

Gary- Yo inspirational leader. We will get there!! Thanks for your vote of confidence.

Check ya later!!

Mrs Snark
07-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Morning gang!

mtiger -- glad you didn't get freaked by the weird gain, since obviously it was meaningless! It must have been nice to see it just all drop away like that in a lovely whoosh! Way to go with the 5ks, you'll be that official race time before you know it!

Hat Trick -- I've got a vacation coming up in two weeks also and I am definitely planning to either hold or lose at least a tiny bit. I think going into vacations with any other frame of mind could be a set up for disaster. I'm sure you'll do great!

Spoz -- hang in there, it is consistency over time that does the trick. So we just have to hold our course and stay steady at the wheel!

CD -- CONGRATS on your 1 year anniversary, that is just AWESOME! What an inspiration you are, seriosuly, WAY TO GO!

thistoo -- congrats on getting below 190, GREAT JOB! I know that felt great to see on the scale, whoo hoo!

EZMONEY
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't get it...175 Tuesday and 177 today :( Thought I did OK with my food...no beer either or other calorie drinks. Oh well, not going to get too bummed out about it!

MINDY your 5K times are about the same as mine! You won't beat your 5K times every time but the more you do them the easier they get! Soon you will be running them in the low 40's! :)

Have a great evening gals!

Mrs Snark
07-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Morning gang, down a pound this morning to 155, so the pills are working! ;)

EZ, I notice that my husband's weight fluctuates WAY more than mine (mine just doesn't seem to swing around alot), but I think he eats alot more things with sodium. Maybe you are just salt sensitive and that causes these totally normal fluctuations...

thistoo
07-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Josephine, congrats on your loss! That's great news.

EZ, I know exactly how you feel. On Monday I was down to 188.4, but Tuesday I was back up to 189.2, and this morning I stayed the same. Still a loss, I know, and I'll definitely take it. But those fluctuations can drive you crazy if you let them. I agree with Josephine; I bet salt is the culprit.

EZMONEY
07-09-2008, 10:35 PM
OK Gals I will take your word for it that it is the salt...it has to be! Up that another pound this morning...but had leftover pizza last night...NO BEER!

CAROLINE...still in the '80's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good for you!

Thanks Josephine, but isn't usually the women's weight that flucuates so much?

Hoping for a better result on that scale tomorrow!

Have a great day/night LADIES!

GO TEAM! GO!

EZMONEY
07-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Off to work but maybe it was the salt in that pizza and the popcorn snack (i forgot to mention)...weighed in at 174.6 this morning!

Not going to complain about that one for me!

have a great day gals!

Mrs Snark
07-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Yay, EZ! Nice little boost to see that drop in the morning, right?!

I'm down to 154.8 this morning, yay. I've already run a 5 miler and I'm going to have an awesome, healthy day. That's the ticket. :)

thistoo
07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Way to go Gary and Josephine! I'm creeping back up (189.6 this morning), but TOM is coming so I'm going to blame that. Though I have been eating too many carbs at night lately, so I need to get that back under control starting today. Stupid carbs.

mtiger
07-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Haven't checked in for a few days. My scale is just sitting around 215. I'm with Thistoo, TOM is coming, so I just hope to maintain and not gain. Please!!! Then maybe later next week I can drop a few. Getting close to 210 would be awesome. I also eat my share of carbs: teddy grams, pretzels, chex mix. What can I say? I always count it though.

Gary- Keep working hard. Great self control in the beverage department. It is so hard to avoid the things we really enjoy. Mine would be brownies and sweets.

Joshephine- I don't know how I will ever lengthen my wogging. So many times I'll get started and have to rush home because my tummy is rumbling. Wogging seems to have that effect on me. Barely made it home last night. Maybe I could try the morning instead.

Tomorrow is weigh-in. Wish me luck!

CountingDown
07-10-2008, 05:39 PM
Nice to see some losses. Way to go!!!

My scale is finally moving. 130.6 this morning. I'm a happy camper :D

thistoo
07-10-2008, 07:28 PM

Woo! CD, you are so close! :carrot:

EZMONEY
07-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Yay, EZ! Nice little boost to see that drop in the morning, right?!

I'm down to 154.8 this morning, yay. I've already run a 5 miler and I'm going to have an awesome, healthy day. That's the ticket. :)

I hope you did have an awesome day Josephine :)

Way to go Gary and Josephine! I'm creeping back up (189.6 this morning), but TOM is coming so I'm going to blame that. Though I have been eating too many carbs at night lately, so I need to get that back under control starting today. Stupid carbs.

I totally agree with you CAROLINE...stupid carbs! :mad:

Gary- Keep working hard. Great self control in the beverage department. It is so hard to avoid the things we really enjoy. Mine would be brownies and sweets..................
Tomorrow is weigh-in. Wish me luck!

Stay away from those brownies MINDY ;) Good luck at your W.I. tomorrow.

SCOOTER stay away from DH's brew tonight and you just may make it tomorrow...good luck! :hug:

I hope I do OK tomorrow morning at my daily weigh-in!...getting closer to the 23rd!

EZMONEY
07-11-2008, 09:14 AM
174.2 this morning...so I guess yesterday wasn't a fluke....no beer...3 treadmill miles .....decent portions and a hard day at work paid off on the scale!

have a great day TEAM!

Hat Trick
07-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Just an uber quick fly-by here -- leaving for vaca tomorrow and tons to do. Weighed in at 152 yesterday, and that's in the midst of TOM so I'm thinking that the 151 I hit the previous week was real. Am very pleased that the scale is remaining steady. Am working my butt off as much as possible (exercise-wise) w/trying to get ready for the shore. I've already packed my yoga mat, dvds and exercise bands. Have the best of intentions and am determined to get at least 3 yoga and 3 band w/outs done on vacation. Have been pretty OP w/food but not quite as 'in the zone' as I'd like. Will do my best while away. It's that 'mindless munching zone' that I fall into that piles the lbs. on for me. Have to be mindful of everything, right? Had a great b/fast and am off to do my strength w/out and will also attempt some Billy Blanks cardio. I seem to have pulled a muscle in my upper thigh somewhat so I'll give the TM a rest. Everyone looks like there hanging in there. Congrats on the losses guys -- keep up the good work! TTFN. :)

CountingDown
07-12-2008, 01:38 PM
A fly-in here too - got closets to clean.
3rd day in a row at 130.6. That scale is taunting me for sure!

I am gonna kick that last .6 to the curb this week.

Have a GREAT weekend all! Stay strong!

EZMONEY
07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
You will get that .6 gone and done with this week SCOOTER!

Have a great trip HAT.

Hit 175.0 this morning so that is up a bit from the last two days. Had vegetable lasagna for dinner, one beer and a sip of wine from Angie's glass. Didn't have any desserts at the play and I got my miles in so I am happy that I did what I need to do!

Have a great week-end!

thistoo
07-12-2008, 03:07 PM
TOM has arrived for me so I have no idea what I weigh today. Yesterday I was back up to 190, so today I skipped the scale. ;) But I'm hopeful that once I stop retaining water, I'll drop back down under 189. It would be nice to get as far away from 190 as possible before I leave for vacation; I've got a little over a week to get there.

I'm going to NYC for a week to visit friends and celebrate my birthday, so I'm hoping to offset the food with lots of walking and keep the scale from going up too much. If I can manage to stay under 190 I'll be really happy, but we'll see. I'm also really going to try hard not to go crazy with food.

This morning was spent at the farmer's market, picking up free range chicken and beef along with some organic eggs and some gorgeous tomatoes. I need to hit the regular grocery store for some staples (darn cats keep expecting me to feed them every week), and then I'll spend some time cooking for the week.

I've already done 50 minutes of cardio today along with helping my sister put a coat of paint on her kids' playroom, and later I have to mow the lawn. Then tomorrow it's more cardio and painting, and possibly some strength training. So I'm doing everything I can to make sure the scale goes down some next week!

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. It's HOT here, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow so we'll get a little relief.

CountingDown
07-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Caroline - ooohh, the trip sounds fun! I have never been to NYC. Several other places in the state, but not to THE city itself. I hope you have a wonderful trip. LOL - my cats are the same - they get down right obnoxious when I don't feed them ON TIME. And then, there is the DOG ...

Gary - I am so proud of you! You are doing GREAT with your beer intake. Stay strong! That scale will move. Eating out again probably caused a temporary scale blip. It always does for me. You did great with the birthday celebration. Even Angie has to be happy with your alcohol intake these days (and she is probably your toughest critic on subject ;))

Hat Trick - I hope you have a wonderful vacation! Your attitude is awesome and planning your workouts in advance is a sure sign that you will stay OP (at least as much as possible). I have issues with mindless eating as well. It has been a real eye-opener for me - how much I ate without really thinking about it. Brian Wansink's book Mindless Eating was a great read!

Well, as promised, I am gonna hang around here a while longer to make sure that we ALL stay on track and lose those pesky lbs. I am down 12 lbs for the challenge and I expect all of you to give me a good kick if I don't keep it off.

:)

thistoo
07-13-2008, 10:36 AM
CD, your pictures are fabulous! You look so healthy and gorgeous. :) Thanks for sticking around to be an inspiration to the rest of us; I, for one, definitely need a little inspiration right now. I'm sort of exhausted with weight loss at the moment and hoping that after my vacation I'll feel inspired to really hit it hard again.

mtiger
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Well I just keep fluctuating between 214 and 215 something. That's ok since TOM is arriving Tuesday and I just hope to maintain until then. Then hopefully I will drop a few pounds. 210 would be a wonderful number to see. I have been very busy the last few days, my DD was home from college. We put 100 bales of hay in the barn, unloaded a truckload of mulch, shopped and went to the county fair. No official workouts, but lots of weird kinds of exercise.

CD- I was inspired to go look at your pics. Very nice. I love the new haircut too. You look great. An inspiration to all of us.

Thistoo- NY City, center of the Universe. That's from "RENT". I would love to go again, take in a few more broadway shows. Hope you have a fabulous time and look good at your new lower weight when you get there.

Gary- Keep up the good work. Love seeing what new pictures you put up. I will learn how to do that someday.

Hat- Good for you planning your workouts for your vacation. That is dedication. Hope you're having a great time.

See ya all later.

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 11:06 AM

Gary - I am so proud of you! You are doing GREAT with your beer intake. Stay strong! That scale will move. Eating out again probably caused a temporary scale blip. It always does for me. You did great with the birthday celebration. Even Angie has to be happy with your alcohol intake these days (and she is probably your toughest critic on subject ;))

Yep SCOOTER there were probably a lot of calories in that lasagna I had at the play, yesterday I had had more than I needed too at dinner, Angie was with her daughter and I made cheese quesadillas and burritos for me...too much cheese...dang! Oh well...a work in progress :) I am so PROUD :carrot: of you! You have done in one year what many have tried to do for a lifetime! Your energy and enjoyment in your journey has rubbed off on all of us! Love your story...very touching :hug: Thanks for sticking around here...and I just might run into you in another thread or two ;).......

............ I, for one, definitely need a little inspiration right now. I'm sort of exhausted with weight loss at the moment and hoping that after my vacation I'll feel inspired to really hit it hard again.

:hug: You can do this and you will do this Caroline! You are not taking this journey alone, although I know it may feel like it sometimes...we are all her pulling...pushing and supporting you...just as you have done for us...Thank-You! :hug:

my DD was home from college.I remember those days! :carrot: We put 100 bales of hay in the barn, unloaded a truckload of mulch, shopped and went to the county fair. No official workouts, but lots of weird kinds of exercise.

Now that is work!!.......

Gary- Keep up the good work. Love seeing what new pictures you put up. I will learn how to do that someday..........

Thanks Mindy...as far as the pictures go...if I can do it you can to! Although Angie had to teach me ;) and still has to fix stuff for me :) There are folks here that can explain it for you.I put a new picture of Angie and me in my profile too...taken from a few weeks ago in Las Vegas.

Well I weighed in at 175.6 today. Up a pound since Friday...guess eating out and my ..ahem...too much for dinner last night showed...oh, well...still gonna try :) NOT GIVING UP!!

Have a great day LADIES! It is so :cool: cool having friends like you!

thistoo
07-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Gary! This thread has definitely been a huge help with my motivation. I have my sister to work out with too, and that's really helped keep me on track.

Your new picture of you and Angie is lovely!

Mindy, I'm really looking forward to NYC. I've been a few times, way back in high school when I lived closer (Rhode Island), but mostly my mom just dragged us from museum to museum. This time I'm looking forward to spending time with friends, mostly, but I've got tickets to Legally Blonde: The Musical on my last day, and I can't wait. It's going to be a great trip, and when I get home I'll be so broke all I'll be able to afford to do is work out, so that should help with my weight loss. ;)

CountingDown
07-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Caroline - vacations always give me new energy and focus to get going again. I actually miss my workouts when I take a break from them - oh, my - did I REALLY say that? How a year changes things :D You will have a great time - I love going to the theater!

Mindy - Hang in there! TOM can throw that scale into fits - for sure. If it is staying the same - you are indeed losing :D

Gary - you keep at it, and you will make your goal. Even if you don't make it by your anniversary. If you check out my signature - it took me 53 weeks, which coulda bugged me a lot. But, I decided that - this time - it would take as long as it takes. That I wasn't gonna stop enjoying life (which includes food). Enjoy those dinners with family. And your beer. In moderation. And - if it takes a bit longer to hit your goal - so what - I meant what I said in my post - enjoy the journey!!!

That being said <cracks whip> keep that moderation thing going - you are gonna make that goal!!!!

EZMONEY
07-13-2008, 04:01 PM

Your new picture of you and Angie is lovely!

Thanks! My pictures are always good if Angie is in them! If not...well...to the dumpster! :)

I have never been to NYC...my step-daughter goes to college there. Angie was there not too long ago to visit, forget what she saw...I know she saw WICKED there last year when she visited Lara.

Gary - you keep at it, and you will make your goal. Even if you don't make it by your anniversary. If you check out my signature - it took me 53 weeks, which coulda bugged me a lot. But, I decided that - this time - it would take as long as it takes. That I wasn't gonna stop enjoying life (which includes food). Enjoy those dinners with family. And your beer. In moderation. And - if it takes a bit longer to hit your goal - so what - I meant what I said in my post - enjoy the journey!!!

That being said <cracks whip> keep that moderation thing going - you are gonna make that goal!!!!

Hey SCOOTER ~ Actually I really don't have a legitimate goal! I needed to put something down for the chart. When I started this journey I put 165...because that was the weight I ALWAYS wanted to weigh! Most of my life I was 6 ft and 150!...way too skinny....boy have times changed ;) I just went out to try and make better choices and see what happens. I got down to 169....but that was with a lot of work...I am not sure I want to work that hard! I raised my goal to 170 because I feel that is realistic for me with...work...I am happy hanging around 175...not ecstatic! but happy :) I just knew that when I almost hit 180...179.8...I was well on my way of going back over the edge....time to hit the brakes and hit the bricks again! I know that the 23rd is just a number...but if I don't have a number...I lose focus...kind of like if I don't get my church and bible study in I lose focus! I have promised myself that I am in this for the long haul! I remember when I was losing this year...I wanted to get to XX weight by 30 days...60 days and so on...I don't even remember now what those goals were! But it gave me something to shoot for. Even if I never hit 170 again I know that as long as I am shooting for that then I won't hit 180!! I am really hoping the beer drinking remains in check...that will benefit me in more ways than one! Have a great day!

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 09:44 AM
174 today...got on 3 times...each time 174...that's down 1.5 since yesterday...don't get it..I was good yesterday but still...I'll take it with a happy face!

Off to work...have a great day TEAM!

Mrs Snark
07-14-2008, 09:55 AM
CountingDown, your goal post is such an inspiration!!! I wanna be you when I grow up! I'm gonna get there, I'm just GONNA! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

I'm 153 even this morning (down from 156.4 when I hopped on the thread). Only 1.6 more to go! I love these ez pills! :)

Have a great day everyone!

mtiger
07-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Good afternoon!! Well TOM arrived early today but so did some weight loss. The scale was back down to 213.8. That's where I got to about a month ago before all that up, down crap. I hope to go down a bit more and stay there this time. 210 is my goal and I hope to get there by the end of the month. PLEASE!!! I kept busy yesterday, including a 60 min. walk. I have been hearing that 60 min. workouts are the way to go for weight loss. So I'm giving it a shot.

You guys are all doing so good. Keep it up!!! I have to go check out my number for the midsummer run.

P.S. Hey I got number 35. I like that number. That was a good age, although quite a while ago.

CountingDown
07-14-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, I was 129.4 this morning, so I guess hitting goal wasn't a dream :D

Mindy - 60 minutes works for me. And - almost everything I have read says that you can break it up as much as you need to. I tend to do 30 minutes in the morning before work and 30 minutes later in the day - whenever I can work it in. These days I walk to work, which is 20 minutes each way. Keep it up and I KNOW you will see 210 before long!

Josephine - LOL - thank you - what a compliment!!!! Congrats on your loss - that is AWESOME!

Gary - :woohoo: Keep it up - you are doing GREAT!

I see Paula is back and struggling (another post on 3FC) We need to drag her back over here and get her back on plan.

Hope everyone had a GREAT Monday!

mrsaugie
07-14-2008, 06:47 PM
alright i will join the club i was down to 174 but since i moved two weeks ago i am back up to 177. so i have my work cut out for me. i guess that i will say my starting weight is 177 and will be shooting for 172. would like to see it by the end of the month. but when ever it comes off will be great and since today is monday it is as good a way to start the week off then by getting back on track after the move. :D

thistoo
07-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Welcome back, Mrs. Augie! I'm sure you'll be down to 172 in no time.

I do 60 minute workouts too, though I do mine all at once because of my schedule. It's really made the difference in actually losing weight, though lately I have been slacking a little (and it shows on the scale). I need to get back to hitting the workouts hard so I can see some more progress.

EZMONEY
07-14-2008, 09:58 PM
:carrot: Great numbers JOSEPHINE :carrot:

Heck MINDY I would have given you a higher number but you looked 35 to me! :shrug:

:cheer3: Great job MISS ROARIN' 20's!...129...WOW!! C-D you are having a week of weigh in's you certainly deserve for all that work :congrat:

MRSAUGIE you and I are both stuck in the 70's...let's get to the 60's!!

CAROLINE...enough slacking...get that spirit back :)

My weight seems to be doing tricks on me with the little swings...or at least it seems like it. I am going to go back through my journal of daily weigh in's and see if I can see a pattern just for kicks.

Have a great TUESDAY TEAM :)

blondebritbrat17
07-15-2008, 02:25 AM
Hi all- I'm back. I hope I'm still welcome. I kind of wanted to refrain from posting on here since I was in a real funk but EZMONEY along with some other nice posters helped me out of it once I posted my rant last week. Some of it is I've been suffering from back pain again and I was just well grouchy and when you wake up and you've maybe had 3 hours of good hard sleep and your body still aches but you have to get up to go to work, school, etc you just don't feel like being OP and exercising. I did some research and I think my back pain will be alleviated some by upgrading and getting a new/much better quality mattress which we are going to do tomorrow night. Hopefully that will help me be a bit cheerier and get me back on the working out express train and I will see the magic of a 5 pound drop soon.

I have been keeping up with everyone and I am so thrilled for some of you guys to keep on truckin'!!

Counting Down- CONGRATULATIONS!! I saw your goal/success story post and you're absolutely right, my life is calling to me and I need to just DO what I want to do instead of waiting. I've been stuck in a bit of a whiny mentality this past month which annoyed even me so thanks for that great statement!

EZMONEY
07-15-2008, 09:07 AM
Good to see you back BRAT!...hugs...I hope that works out for you on the bed and back situation. Glad your mom was feeling well! Prayers!

Well I hit 173.8 this morning...haven't seen that number for a while! Need to post it while it's there! lol....5am and off to work.

Have a great day TEAM!

mrsaugie
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
just poking my head in to say that everything is still going good and that i have not been on the scale today and will not be on it until Sat morning. i find if i weigh myself daily i become to dependt on it. and i had the greatest supper. chicken salad, crackers and grapes. of so the grapes where in the chicken salad. but they where there it was also susposed to have toasted almonds but my oven is down and out for the count because the front piece of glass went pufffff when we moved and we are still waiting for the new one to come in.

preetyladyserenity
07-16-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello may I join too? After two weeks of absence from the gym (because of terrible stomach pains) I have started today and I feel so refreshed. 5 lbs are 2.5 kg so from 109.8 to 107 kg. I so wanna do this as I am stuck to 109.8 since last week.

Wanna try EZ's pill.

Ps: EZ I am so close to start calling you uncle Gary. You remind me so much of my favourite uncle back home. ^.^

CountingDown
07-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Today was 129.6 :woohoo:

preetyladyserenity - glad to have you join us. The folk here have been great! I'm down 12 lbs. since hanging around here :)

Brit - glad to have you back! We missed you. And - thank you for your kind words!!!!

mrsaugie - I had grapes with supper too. They are really good this time of year. So sweet and crunchy and tasty :) I'm looking forward to your Saturday post :)

Gary - wow - AWESOME job! The moderation thing is working for you!!!!!!!

Caroline - it is hard to do 60 minutes when it is so warm. Hang in there and do what you can. You are doing great in this challenge - on your third 5 lbs. :)

Let's finish the week strong - we can do this!!!!

Have a GREAT evening everyone.

EZMONEY
07-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi Gals ~

Well I was up half a pound this morning....no big deal. Tonight's dinner was salad so I should be OK tomorrow for food plus I did 3 miles on the treadmill with incline. During the day Ipretty much always eat the same thing during the week so my dinner's are what get me!

C-D ~ Scooter, thanks for sticking around and cheering us on! :carrot:

SERENITY ~ :hug: I go by Uncle Gary more than anything! I have 4 nieces 1 nephew by blood...I am called Uncle Gary by 4 nieces and 4 nephews because of my relationship with their fathers... I am their Godfather....I am called Uncle Gary by the husbands/fiances/girl and boyfriends of my nieces and nephews! So YOU may join the family KIDDO!! :hug:

MRSAUGIE ~Nice salad...good luck with that weigh in!

preetyladyserenity
07-17-2008, 05:22 AM
Counting Down - Thank you and congrats for going past your goal!

Thanks uncle Gary, happy to join the family. ^.^

blondebritbrat17
07-17-2008, 02:17 PM
So I've been having a good couple of days. We got our new mattress and I really think that it's already helping with my back. I was proud of myself yesterday- I also made this yummy casserole I do not make very often since the recipe calls for so much cheese but I really wanted it. So when I was in the middle of cooking it, it occurred to me that I could probably half the cheese and it would still be fine and be lower in calories and I did and it tastes just fine plus it saves me money. I'm doing baby steps again to get me back on track. Then I am happy to report that I am looking into going back into dancing. I used to be a serious dancer growing up-even thought about doing it professionally or in college at least, and then quit to take care of my mother plus some knee injuries flared up so I figured I had to give my body a rest and maybe just do it as a hobby someday again. I found a wonderful dance studio less than 10 minutes away from me that offers quite a bit of adult beginners classes. So I'm very excited to check into it and as for the money budget, hubby has said we'll find a way since I need something in my life that I enjoy as a hobby since he has tons of hobbies.

Bye all!

CountingDown
07-17-2008, 07:22 PM
129.6 today - seems to be my "number" this week.

Brit - those little changes really do add up! Way to go with the casserole. I wish there was a dance studio where I live. DH said he would even take lessons with me if there was. Oh, well - maybe I will open one when I retire ;)

preetyladyserenity - thanks!!!!

Gary - hoping that scale rewarded your salad supper!

Let's stay strong through the weekend! We CAN do this!!!

EZMONEY
07-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Well this morning I was at my second day of 174.6..oh well! We shall see about tomorrow. I got my miles in after work, had my regular breakfast and lunch. Dinner was Angie"s bacon, tomato, onion, basil whole wheat pasta...I might have had a little too much ;)

SCOOTER ~ That new number is sooo you! You wear it well ;) :carrot:

BRAT ~ Glad that mattress is working out for you. Coming from me this is hard to believe, but I too have found out many of my casseroles taste better without all that cheese....feeling faint as I say that ;)

Good to see my new "niece" SERENITY :hug:

Have a great Friday everyone!

preetyladyserenity
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Finally! It budged! My scale finally badged after 2 weeks in 109.8 kg. It went 109! Woohooo!!! I am not updating my ticker till Monday, the official day but I am so happy! Also I discovered this great quarter pound veggie-burgers! Oh they are so tasty and they are 160 calories cooked in the oven. Yummy

EZMONEY
07-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Great jog niece SERENITY! :carrot: My kids love veggie burgers, but they also eat meat too. Have a great week-end over there!

Well I have exciting news....hope it lasts through the week-end...I weighed in at 172.8 this morning....down from 174.6 the last two days. I got on the scale 3 times to make sure...happy camper here :)

Have a great week-end TEAM! :hug:

PrettyPaula
07-18-2008, 09:09 AM
hello everyone, i'd like to take this pill and so im reporting for duty with the team now im back from vacation, i have some serious work to do, and some weight to lose. wish me luck..!

preetyladyserenity
07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Yay welcome back PrettyPaula! How was Egypt? Exciting?

Uncle Gary way to go!!! Hold on in there!!!

PrettyPaula
07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
very hot!!! lovely country though, nice people, polite and funny.

loved it and we shall be going back!

CountingDown
07-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Paula :hug: We MISSED you, girl! Glad you had a wonderful trip. Egypt is a country I have always wanted to visit. Glad you came back to join us - I'm still expecting to see you announcing Onederland before too long. So - get crackin' girl - we gotta get those vacation pounds off before they decide to stick around ;)

serenity - I love veggie burgers too! All kinds and types. They didn't have them when we first became vegetarians 26 years ago. Congrats on the weight loss!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/hells/36_7_8.gif

Gary - http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/DianneOnly/clap2.gif AWESOME!!!! The beer experiment seems to be working!!!! ;)

Another day of 129.6 :D I'm off to the "Arts Fair" tonight - I'm hoping to avoid all of the unhealthy foods they will have strategically placed throughout the park!

<OK, CD - stay strong! you CAN do this!!!> I'm going to use this as my accountability thread, I will let you know how I did.

Have a GREAT weekend all!

preetyladyserenity
07-18-2008, 05:57 PM
CountingDown - I am very pickish when it comes to veggie burgers. Sometimes the vegetable combination does not satisfy me so I end up not eating if I don't like it. So I love this brand I discovered as I wanted to add a veggie burger in my diet for some time now.

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 10:09 AM
:carrot: I was at 172.8 AGAIN this morning :carrot:

Pushing hard to Wednesday...but I will be going for Mexican food tonight and we will eat, at least lunch, out tomorrow, when we go to see Phantom of the Opera.

Glad you had a great vacation PAULA and welcomr back to the TEAM :) ~ I hope this becomes the best accountability thread for you ever SCOOTER! :hug: ~ Have a great week-end niece SERENITY :hug:

Have a super week-end TEAM! :)

Angie is up.....off for our Starbucks walk with the dogs...............

thistoo
07-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Paula, welcome back! I'm so glad you had a good time in Egypt. It was worth a little indulgence, and now you're going to get right back down to your pre-vacation weight. Then it's Onederland! I have total faith in you.

Everyone else is doing so well; congratulations, guys. :) I haven't been around much because I've been busy getting ready for my trip to New York. I leave Monday morning, and I'll be gone through the following Sunday. So I won't be checking in at all next week, but I promise to report back here as soon as I get back. My birthday is next Thursday so there will be a little indulgence, I'm sure, but I'll be walking a lot and I'm going to try to keep the calories to a minimum.

I'm at 189.4 this morning, so I'm still under 190, which was my goal for my trip. I'm not as far under 190 as I'd like to be, but that's okay. When I get back from my trip I will be recommitting to my workout program and really pushing hard to get some more weight off.

I did get a new haircut yesterday which I thought would make my face look too fat, but I guess I've slimmed down enough to wear short hair again. I'm pretty excited about that. The picture's in my profile if you want to see (or it will be in a minute ;)).

Have a great weekend, everyone! If I don't get a chance to check in before I leave, I'll check in with you all when I get back.

CountingDown
07-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Caroline - LOVE the hair! It suits you and frames your face beautifully! I hope you have a wonderful trip and stay as POP as possible :)

Gary - great weigh-in! Stay focused eating out and you will be fine :)

Well, no problems with the eating last night. We ended up staying home and working in the yard instead - so I burned a ton of calories instead of eating them :D

But, we will most likely head down to the park this afternoon. I will report back later. I'm off to load up on veggies before we go.

Enjoy your weekend all! Let's keep moving and shaking and stay OP :)

mtiger
07-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey everyone. I haven't checked in for a while. I am just hanging around the 213ish mark. Can I at least get a 212 for a minute??? We went to Pizza Hut for my son's birthday yesterday. SOme guy and girl came in, went to the bathroom and when they came out he collapsed on the floor. They called 911the girl left him and went outside around the back of the building, then came in through their kitchen. It seems he was just bailed out of jail and went to the bathroom to shoot up and then was overdosing on the floor. GF went out back to stash the stuff. Weird huh?

Today we have an open house to go to. It is rainy and yucky and I'm feeling really lazy. Better get up and do something. So many people have popped in since I was here last. Gary, the news of your pill must be spreading. Sounds like everyone is working their plan and doing a good job.

I'll check in later.

EZMONEY
07-19-2008, 12:52 PM
...... Gary, the news of your pill must be spreading. Sounds like everyone is working their plan and doing a good job.

NOBODY Over Doses on our Magic Pills!

MINDY ~Sounds like an exciting way to eat pizza...hope it ruined your appetite a little ;)...that Pizza Hut can do serious damage...I know! ;)

CAROLINE ~ great picture...so cute! Have a great time in NY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :hug: next Thursday!

SCOOTER ~Have a great day in the park!

Angie and I just got home from a 4 mile Starbucks and bunny poo park walk. A beautiful Saturday morning here....now to go eat sensibly!

CountingDown
07-19-2008, 11:58 PM
OK - accountability - not perfect, but not horrible either. We had lunch at a favorite coffee shop. Pepper and sun-dried tomato panini - which we split. But it came with Kettle Chips - which I let Dan have 3/4 of - but I did eat 25% of them. And they were delicious :o

I made up for it by having a veggie stir-fry for supper :D

So - overall - given all of the WONDERFUL desserts and ice cream treats that were for sale at the festival - I'm happy with my choices.

Hope you all had a wonderful day as well :)

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 12:01 AM
I LOVE and I mean LOVE KETTLE CHIPS!....wouldn't ever share...never ever!

preetyladyserenity
07-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Tonight I am going out with friends to say goodbye to one that is moving back home to Japan. We are going to a really good Chinese restaurant and luckily they have some really healthy options. If I find fresh I am going to take their steamed belt-fish (only 116 calories per 100 grams) or my second option is crab stir-fry with noodles (I esteem around 550 calories per portion).

I really want the belt-fish though but only if it is fresh!

Scale going down as well. I am very happy with it. Tommorow I update! ^.^

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 09:57 AM
Sounds like great choices there niece Katerina, have a great "say good-bye" evening with your friends.

Well the scale is up .4 this morning so I am happy. I did pretty good on the Mexican food, I had fish tacos, rice and blacks beans. There was some cheese, sauce and tortilla chips involved though...but this time last year ~ I would have added an extra taco and probably eaten the chicken ranchero taco and leftover rice and beans Angie brought home! I stuck to one beer and water. So, with having the day off and no major calories burned, except for our 4 mile walk....I consider less than a half pound up GREAT!

Enjoy your day TEAM!

CountingDown
07-20-2008, 11:41 AM
:woohoo: Looks like we are having some success this week :)

I'm at 129.0 this morning (a new low) :D

Let's stay strong and have another GREAT week!

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 11:47 AM
:cp: just keeps getting better SCOOTER! Great job!

Hat Trick
07-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi guys, I'm back from vacation! Had a GREAT time down the shore. Fantastic weather, tons to do, great house -- couldn't have asked for it to go better. Got weighed this a.m. and the scale is up 2 lbs. Wow, not what I expected. Expected at least a 4 lb. gain so I'm glad to see the damage wasn't as bad as I thought. I even changed my ticker to reflect the gain. While the eating was basically not on-plan and I only got in 2 yoga w/outs and one band w/out, we walked TONS -- boardwalk (husband parked kinda far and we walked the whole thing), shopping, ghost tour walking, and we climbed the lighthouse (199 steps) and spent hours in the ocean bouncing around and jumping the waves.

We have exactly zero food in our house so I'm off for some groceries. Am actually looking forward to getting back OP -- too much 'off-plan' leaves me w/less energy. Didn't read through all the posts but hopefully everyone is doing well. Glad to be back. Cheers!! :D

EZMONEY
07-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Glad you had a great time HAT...2 pounds ain't no big deal...just a lousy 32 oz. Heck that's just a 7-11 big gulp!

preetyladyserenity
07-21-2008, 05:22 AM
Heh I do not usually brag about myself but I am so happy for my success last night. I ate the steamed sea bass with boiled white rice. It was the freshest and tastiest fish I ever had (it really worthed every penny of my 10 pounds.) The place was filled with side-dishes but I strongly resisted them all. Ok not entirely, I had one pancake with hoy-sin sauce and duck but only that, nothing extra! I didn't touch the noodles or the fried dumplings and I am so proud of myself.

A couple of friends had not seen me since May and they complimented the weight loss (the last time they saw me I was 113 kg) so I felt really good. See eating healthy does pay!

1 kg (2.2 lbs) lost so far and going strong! I was a bit thinner than that yesterday but I think it is stored water from the soy-sauce. But what the ticker shows is what you get.

mtiger
07-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Well can you believe it. The scale actually said 212 this morning. It was 212.8 but still it said 212. Losing weight this summer is like pulling teeth, without novacaine. I had wanted to get down to about 200 before school started. At this point I'll be happy to get under 210. Here's a NSV. I went on my walk/jog last night and did a jogging stretch of over .6 of a mile. That was good for me. I just kept pushing myself one more driveway at a time. And in the country those driveways are few and far between.

It's a good thing I just ate breakfast because all this talk of food could make a person hungry. It sounds like you are all making sensible choices when you eat out. Eating out is difficult for me, so I just try to avoid it.

Hat- Sounds like vacation was great. You got a bonus too, not much weight gain. You can take that off this week.

Pretty- Isn't it nice when people notice how hard you've been working. Sometimes it gets to be a lot to handle. Like one week I had at least one person everyday say something and I started to feel a little self conscious. Any way, good job on your progress.

I'll stop in later to see what's up with everyone.

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I am so :hug: proud of you niece KATERINA! That was an excellent choice for dinner! Making all those better choices will be sure to add up. Nice to get those compliments too ;) You deserve them!

210 is coming soon MINDY! If you keep pushing yourself past those driveways it will come sooner than you think. Continuing to do this will show that what your are "pushing" today...you will be "pulling" tomorrow! Those driveways out ahead that you focus on now will become nothing but a blurr as you race past...OK...maybe not a blurr...but you will be looking way out ahead for greater GLORY! :carrot:

:):):):)

I was thinking about not posting here today...I didn't want to jinx it for me. Tomorrow morning is my last weigh in for my 1st anniversary of my "journey of better choices" ...I checked in this morning at 171.6 :carrot: I haven't been there since Jan. 8th and that was for only 1 day. I had to go back to Dec. last year to find several days in a row at 171.

My having less beer sure seems to be helping the weight :) and other things ;)

Yesterday I had a salad for lunch and dinner, although the salad at lunch was a fried chicken one! I had only one beer and my evening snack was some watermelon and cantaloupe.

For breakfast today I had some grape nuts...lunch will be leftover salad...not planning on any beer....and dinner will be salmon and a spinach salad.

So :crossed: crossing my fingers to hit 170 on my weigh in tomorrow :)

And if I don't...I will be so :(

EZMONEY
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
NOT! :D

I have had a great run.....1 or 2 pounds either way is not going to take away from that!....it's not about the weight...it's about the effort! ;)

blondebritbrat17
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi all! Hope everyone had a great weekend! Sounds like everybody is doing great! I had a lovely weekend myself. Yesterday was especially good. My mom was feeling good again and we hung out again and had lunch. I found out that her doctor has put her on more chemo pills from 2 a day to 4 times a day and that she is responding well to them, just is a little more tired but no vomiting or the other nasty stuff that goes with that kind of thing. So it's a bit of peace of mind for the both of us since this helps prevent reoccurence for her. We also finally got all the stuff off the treadmill again and I can get back to using it again. Funny how that treadmill becomes a bit of a storage platform at times since this room is a multipurpose room. I've just about decided the best way to help me lose weight is to cut out all the "easy" foods that don't require cooking to avoid temptation. So I'm going to stop buying snack bars and the like. Plus that'll help my food bill go down.

Paula-Great to see you back and glad you had a good vacation!

Hat-glad to see you back too! Glad you had a good vacation now go to the grocery store and fill up your fridge and pantry with good OP foods!

Prettylady-awesome! That is always so nice when someone notices your hard work.

Mtiger-Great job!! Hopefully I'll be right behind ya!

preetyladyserenity
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Mindy: Way to go! Summer is indeed a pain in losing weight. Maybe because it is heavy, sticky and there are ice-cream advertisements everywhere.

Uncle Gary: Οh any time soon it will be your anniversary. Way to go for your hard work! Spinach-salad, yummy I haven't had some for awhile. Might buy some spinach this week to make some.

blondbritbrat: Aww hope it all goes well for your mum. And I know what you mean. We used to have an exercise bike back home in Cyprus that we never used if you don't count the fact that it became dad's hanger for his clothes.

PrettyPaula
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
wow am i feeling low right now.

i have not been able to lose more than 0.6 of a pound in 2 weeks, not even a water weight drop after my holiday. i dont know why, TOM has been and gone (almost completely) im feeling very demotivated and down about this all right now.

i saw a photo today of from 4/5 years ago when i was not eating a thing and to be honest going out alot and staying awake for days if you catch my drift and i was so slim. it made me feel even worse about myself.

preetyladyserenity
07-22-2008, 06:03 AM
Paula:hug:. I know how the feeling is. I was through a big plateau recently and it really bugged me. Hold on there! The scale is gonna badge eventually. Don't let it destroy your morale!

EZMONEY
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Well I did it :carrot: I hit 170.4 :carrot: today on the scale! I jumped on 3 times to make sure!

Since today is the last day and final weigh in of my first year of my "journey of better choices" tour, I was really hoping to get back to 170 and I did it :) It took some work this last month and a lot less BEER ;) to get it but I did it. Two weeks ago I was back up to 178.

So once again I can stand by my guarantee of a 5 pound loss with our team's :wizard: MAGIC PILL :wizard:

MAGIC PILL DIRECTIONS ~

Before taking pill make sure to eat healthy meals in moderation.

Take time each day to exercise.

Find a support and accountability site...3FC HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Then...if necessary ;) take :wizard: magic pil :wizard:l with water.

mrsaugie
07-22-2008, 05:08 PM
well i did not forget about everyone over the weekend. and i did weigh in on Saturday like i said i would and was glad to see that i was down to 176 now to see how this week goes.

CountingDown
07-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Hi all - just checking in. Same weight :D
Been eating clean, but having a little trouble with portion control when it comes to a glass of wine by the firepit. Gotta follow Gary's lead for a couple weeks and see how I do.

Have a GREAT evening all!

mtiger
07-23-2008, 11:47 PM
Gary- :congrat: On your one year of hard work and by ending it with a bang. Man, you lost like 8 pounds in a few weeks. Good job coach.

My scale was also down today, to 211.8. I haven't seen that number before. Hope it keeps going that way. This jogging thing just keeps getting better. I ran a 1 mile stretch last night, walked a bit and then ran another .7. Those driveways aren't flying by yet, but I do keep going past them.

See ya all later.

EZMONEY
07-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Yep CD...portion control!

MINDY...I did lose pretty good the last 2 weeks but it was NOT without effort! Very little beer...no snacks..small portions and a lot of miles!

Off work for 3 days....back tomorrow...but I usually see a gain from no work calories burned off...

My eating has been good but that scale might jump in the morning...that's ok...I will still be 30 down from a year ago!

Got many more days to do this...many!

Blessings Everyone!

CountingDown
07-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi all - just checking in.
Where is everyone?
In any case - I hope you are having a great OP day!

blondebritbrat17
07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Today has not been a very OP day. We had to take off work and school today to go to my great grandmother's funeral. Then we went to her house afterwards and had food-mostly fried meats, and various of unhealthy side dishes and lots of desserts provided by friends and distant family members. It was strange being in the house without my great grandmother. Just got home and was soo tired that we just ordered some chinese take-out too for dinner. Back on the wagon tomorrow and I will be going to the grocery store to fill back up on veggies and yummy salad fixings. I just remembered now I have a test to study for too arghh that is tomorrow. Have a great evening everyone!

EZMONEY
07-24-2008, 09:30 PM
(((HUGS))) BRAT....a tough day...but it is just ONE DAY! Things will get better soon...hang in there.

Good to see you CD I know all is well in your neck of the woods.

Well that HIGH 170 I had for my last day of my journey and first day of this year's snuck up to 172 even this morning. I figured as much. It usually does when I have 5 days off work. Glad I ate pretty good and got my miles in. I had half day of work today and a full day tomorrow so I hope that helps, plus I got 3.25 miles on the treadmill after work.

Have a great Friday

blondebritbrat17
07-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Yeah now I'm also dealing with sunburn to boot from the measly 25 minutes I was in the sun at the cementary. Can you believe that?!? I knew I should have worn sunscreen or brought an umbrella. My husband thinks this is funny/cute since I told him I bet I'm going to be sunburned and he disagreed with me at the cementary saying I wasn't out in the sun long enough. Sigh.. it's been a good 3 years since I've gotten sunburned and I forgot how it feels. No wonder I'm so warm. Anyways, You're doing great EZMONEY! Thanks for all the kind words.

CountingDown
07-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Brit - prayers going up for you and your family. Put something on that sunburn to soothe the pain. It really helps!

blondebritbrat17
07-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you Counting Down for the prayers! I already did put some lotion that has aloe vera in it on me and it's helped but I'm just HOT now.

laceykat
07-25-2008, 02:25 AM
It smells really horrible and burns momentarily but a GREAT way to take the sting and burn out of a sunburn is to rub the area with apple cider vinegar.

mtiger
07-25-2008, 10:06 AM
Well yesterdy my scale was up to 212.8, but back down today to 211.6. Just in time for my weekly weigh-in. I am down 1.6 for the week. :D Gotta be happy with that. Yesterday I got up early and went for a jog/walk. I ran the first mile in 13 min. Did you hear that? 13 min. Those driveways are starting to go by faster. Then I worked hard in the yard all day. Kick that pound to the dirt.

Gary- Your story is wonderful. It's amazing how small changes can make such a difference in our lives. I hope to have a great story to tell at my one year point also. I should start thinking about a realistic goal to reach for by the end of the year. I will be seeing some family at Christmas that I haven't seen in several years. Won't it be nice to impress them with my hard work?

Last night I went to see my son in "Alice in Wonderland". It was a good show and they worked hard. The cast was mostly second semester theatre students. How fun!! I'll go see it again Sat. with my family. Hope everyone has a great weekend. It is beautiful here in Mich. :cool:

WebRover
07-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Woo Hoo! I had originally signed up for challenge on an earlier thread - perhaps one lost in the crash as I cannot find it.

I started the challenge the first day I'd seen 176.5
I hit 171.5 on two separate days including yesterday and was hoping to hit it again today for two days in a row. Instead I hit 170.5. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

I think I can claim my 5 pounds. :D

It's my first five pounds challenge where some folks have accomplished two or even three five pound challenges in the same time. But I'm content to be slow and keep dropping those pounds.

Heading off on vacation tomorrow, but I'll be trying to stay on plan - or as much on plan as I can.

Hat Trick
07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
Gary -- great going on reaching your goal! 30 lbs down; fandamtastic!!! Keep up the good work. This weight loss thing is like laundry -- endless and always needing attention!

CD -- yup, portion control. It sure is a PITA ain't it? :)

Brit -- so sorry to hear about your great grandmom. Prayers to you! For sunburn you can try witch hazel. Just pat it on and let it evaporate. Very cooling. Also, vinegar works the same way but you'll smell like italian salad dressing! :lol:

mtiger -- great work! Isn't it nice to see all the hard work pay off? Keep those legs going!

webrover -- CONGRATS!!!! Slow and steady wins the race, right? Excellent work, keep going 'cause you CAN do this. :yes:

Have been pretty OP this first wk home from vacation, but I always forget that when I've been off-plan it takes me awhile to really 'get back into the groove of things' completely. W/outs are going very well. Ran 2 miles on tm yesterday (well, mostly ran :)) then took the dog out for a 1/5 mile walk. Have exercised everyday this week so far. Am planning on doing a video in a bit, upper body wts tomorrow and (hopefully) a TM interval w/out tomorrow as well.

I am also a sad person because one month from tomorrow my oldest (no, my baby!!) leaves for college. Am beyond happy for her but am beyond sad for me because I won't see her everyday. :( Ack, my eyes are watering up just typing this.

Margie B.
07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm back and hope to go at it with avengance (sp?). I am up to 220 ugh!!! not my all time high but high enough to say enough is enough!!!!!!

The TM is broken and am moving the bike back into the fam room TODAY and more importantly USING IT!

Everyone has been doing so well here with their exercise, OP meals and weight loss - you guys have been phenominal - keep it up so you can keep me motivated!

Off this afternoon and going to start working on my bedroom, - cleaning out, then cleaning closet/drawers, painting woodwork and cleaning the carpet - big task but it WILL keep me out of the kitchen.

EZMONEY
07-25-2008, 07:18 PM
:carrot: I was down to 171 this morning. As long as I keep playing that 170 to 173 game I am OK...it's when I go that 174 to 177 route that makes me :mad:

Last year I had 53 days at 174 ~ I had about 110 between 174 and 178 and I had almost the same amount of days between 170 and 174...so I think for now I will use 174 as my RED LINE!

I would love to get to 165 but I am pretty sure I am not ready to work that hard...yet ;)

BRAT ~ I hope that sunburn is better. I am fairly tanned and I put sunscreen on when I know I will be out...it's those days at work that things change that get me sometimes! We work almost all the time inside but every now and then when we stock material I am outside a lot...At least I always have a hat in my truck. Angie and my kids wear sunscreen every single day of the year I think.

MARGIE ~Well look at you...all ready to rock and roll! ;) Good to see you back...just in time for "BEAR" season :) Won't it be nice this time next year when you are skinny! :hug:

HAT TRICK ~Boy I hear ya...I let up for a day or two and I'm up 4 pounds! Or so it seems. I don't envy what you are about to go through. My son went to college locally because he was coaching cross-country at his old high school, loved his sporting goods store job and wanted to teach locally so he went to the college here that the schools draw from. He lived at home and although he wasn't around much he was still here. Now my daughter went 200 miles away :( for her first year and although she had a free ride there it was too liberal for her. She transferred 50 miles away...better for dad ;) She lived on campus then apartment during the school year but always was home for the summer and most week-ends. Now my step-daughter is about ready to start her 3rd year in New York and nephew goes to basic in Sept. Going to be quiet around here.

WEB ~Good to see you back. Have a great vacation! We will be here...yep you may have got lost in the crash!

MINDY ~Small changes do make a difference....as long as they are done every day. I set weight goals at the start but seriously I wasn't too worried about that. I didn't want to be trying to reach a certain weight by a certain time. The only time I did that was here at the end of the "first year" I wanted to lose as much as I could for the year. But my main thing at the start was to do GOOD things for myself EVERY day and see what happened ~ Good things happened! Congrats to your son. My step-daughter is was "drama" in school. Now she plays piano for some of the plays at college.

blondebritbrat17
07-25-2008, 07:41 PM
EZMONEY- you are right I should be wearing sunscreen everyday no matter what. I'm really bad about not putting on sunscreen on a daily basis and I SHOULD since I am so fair skinned. Lesson learned. My sunburn is much better today. I don't think I will be peeling thank goodness. Thanks to everybody else for their suggestions as to relieve the sunburn!

Have a great Friday and weekend everybody!

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 01:35 PM
OK what gives? I was up to 173 again this morning...must have been the damage I did at the Mexican restaurant ...oh well, lesson learned!

Felt it last night...still feeling it today...dang!

CountingDown
07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
129.2 this morning. :D Still holding below my goal! I'm glad I had the baked sweet potato and broccoli instead of the cheesy nachos last night. And - only one beer ;)

Gary - stay strong this weekend, that scale will be back down again soon.

blondbrit - I use a moisturizer with suncsreen 365 days a year. I burn really easily as well.

Margie - glad you are back - we missed you!

Hat Trick - it IS hard - even when you prepare for it, I bawled and bawled when we took our oldest to college for the first time. I still tear up when I think about being so far away from him (and he is 26 now). I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but - while you get used to it - it is STILL hard.

WebRover - :woohoo: Hope you have a WONDERFUL vacation!

Tiger - AWESOME week! Keep it up - you are doing so well!

Let's stay strong this weekend and we CAN kick those 5 lbs. to the curb.

EZMONEY
07-26-2008, 10:22 PM
129 and she still can drink beer....my hero!

Hat Trick
07-27-2008, 01:40 AM
CD - excellent on holding below goal. Ah, this gives me something to stive for! :D

Lost 1 lb of vacation wt this wk; am aiming for the other lb by next wkend. Have been really busting it w/the exercise this week and I guess it's paying off. Eating has for the most part been pretty good but more like 75% OP vs. the 90% OP b/4 vacation. Need to tweak the food stuff again. Boy oh boy do I hear you all about the 'mindless eating'. Although I didn't feel too bad 'mindlessly eating' huge tomatoes from a local farm. They're just too good to resist. Everyone laughs at me when I tell them I'm going to eat the whole thing. Ooo, and the nectarines are just fab! Eat at least one a day; I have too, they won't be around for long!

Keep up the good work guys. We most definintely can kick these lbs to the curb! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Thanks for the thoughts on kids going off to college. She's only 45 minutes away (um, one of my college stipulations was that she could go away but not more than 2 hrs max. Boy, we lucked out that she found a school she loves w/the major she wanted so close). She'll come home frequently -- she's just like that -- it's just the 'everyday' conversations and stuff that I'll miss. <sigh>

EZMONEY
07-27-2008, 10:48 AM
hummm....I ate pretty good yesterday...I think....no beer...Crystal Lite and Coke 0.....1 small and I mean small hadnful of chips....still weighed in at 173 this morning...I swear I was 170 on the eve of my anniversary and on it...2 days in a row...! I swear!

mtiger
07-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Have been very busy this weekend. Went to see niece show her horse at the fair. My daughter was home for the weekend and got to go. She had a blast going back to the fair and being a part of it again. It has been several years since she was out of 4-H and she misses it. Then my whole family went to my son's show. He played a dodo bird and a gryphon. He did a great job and the show was fun. I didn't get to work out and the scale went up to 212.6. Oh well, I will get back at it today.

Hat- The summer before my daughter left for college I was a basket case. I started having panic attacks and went on meds for a while. It was not good. She went an hour away and the hardest thing I ever did was leaving that campus and driving home by myself. I cried the whole hour trip home. She came home most weekends, which helped, but it was still tough. She is my best friend and I totally missed those daily conversations and just her pressence in the house. It gets better and the cell phone is my lifesaver. One more week and she will be moving back home after 5.5 years. For how long, I don't know. But I will love everyday of it.

Everyone else, keep working hard. I know you are. See you later.

Margie B.
07-28-2008, 09:43 AM
For all the welcome back you guys! This time I REALLY hope to kick some of this weight off. . . and not just give it lip service like before. Did pretty well over the weekend, - not absolutely perfect, but it was a good start for the 1st weekend 'out of the gate', am down 1 lb today but my 'official' weigh-in won't be until Friday, hoping to see this pound take a friend or two away with him!!

Got to get started on payroll but will try to check back in later, - if not it will be tomorrow.

Keep moving - Margie

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Yipee! For a change I didn't gain over the week-end :carrot: I lost a pound from Saturday...down to 172. Still can't figure out these 3 pound swings.

The family get together went well...we ended up with 7 extra people at the last minute for a total of 29. Two teen-age girls, relatives of my ex-wife, got here from Germany, my son in law's best man was here for the day and my brother in law's mom/aunt and brother just moved back. Pretty much the norm for around here...pressure was on the son in law since it was his turn to host ;)

He made great kabobs of chicken, tri-tip and shrimp. My ex made a great fruit salad and my daughter made these great lemon ice sorbet cup things with mint on top...yum! I didn't over eat and I had only 1 beer :)

HAT ~I love tomatoes too! I eat a ton of them. Keep up the extra effort!

MINDY ~Nice to see you having fun at the horse show with family. My grandfather loved horses! We saw the Lippizaner stallions a couple of times with him. Time to get back to hitting it hard!

MARGIE ~Wow! Back again today...you must be serious ;) We aren't asking for much here...just 5 pounds so I don't look like a liar! ;)

I am down, at the moment, 6 pounds from when I started this thread...but then I have been down 8 and back up again....need to maintain the low end!

Have a great day TEAM! :)

mrsaugie
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
alright so i did not weigh insat but i will do it this coming weekend. and i am still not exercising have not done that i about a mont and a half.

thistoo
07-28-2008, 10:45 PM
Hi all, I am back and getting back into the swing of things. NYC was AMAZING; I had a fantastic time, walked a lot and tried to stay OP as much as possible. But I didn't worry about it that much, since I was visiting friends and that was really my priority. Still, when I got back on the scale this morning it said 191, so that's not too horrible. I think it's 'real' weight as opposed to water weight, but that means I'm only two pounds up so I think I can get back down again fairly quickly.

I got back to working out this morning, which was not fun, but I'll get back into the groove before long. Running *hurts* when you take a week off! :o

Anyway, so many of you seem to be doing really well! It's very inspirational, and I will use your successes to motivate me. There's a birthday celebration for me at work tomorrow, so that's going to be a little tricky, but I'll get through it. My family gave me a grill for my birthday, so I can cook even more healthy dinners now, which is really exciting.

EZMONEY
07-28-2008, 10:55 PM
Awesome Caroline, Another day or two and you will be "away" from cake and back on track!

CountingDown
07-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Quick fly-by. 129.8 today - getting close to that bumper.
:crossed: Hope tomorrow goes down a bit. I was OP today so, here's hoping!

Have a great evening all!

thistoo
07-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Morning all! I am at 190.2 today, which puts me right at the weight I was when I left for NYC. So I guess a little of my gain was 'vacation weight' after all! I'm pretty excited about that, I really thought I'd be back to 195 or so after this past week. I think the awesome part is that I've learned how I can eat to maintain even when I'm away from my routine. :)

EZMONEY
07-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Down to 171 this morning...working back to goal :carrot:

Must have been those carrots for after dinner ~ "I'm starving!" snack.

Great job CD and Caroline :)

Margie B.
07-29-2008, 10:08 AM
. . .I would be back. Stayed pretty well OP yesterday and YES, I have been riding the sta. bike. (anyone can do this - started out at .5 mile, then went to 1 mile, tonite will be 1.5 miles). Quite a different workout after you've been used to walking but way to hot/humid for me outside to walk much right now.

EZ - Always sounds like you have a houseful, good food and lots of fun! BTW what is 'tri tip'? You've mentioned it before and I've never heard of it.

TT - NYC= FUN! Went last year at Christmas, did some shopping, most fun though was the shows - LOVED THEM - Phantom of the Opera and of course the Rockettes! Oh - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - hope you have a great day!

CD - you're tough girl, hanging in there at goal - such an inspiration!!

Keep moving and have a great day - Margie

thistoo
07-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Thanks, Margie! Great job on the exercise bike; it's way too hot and humid here to be working out outside, so I know exactly what you mean.

I went to see Legally Blonde: The Musical while I was in NYC and it was fantastic. I saw Phantom years ago in Denver, but this time I wanted to see something completely fun and silly. I definitely got what I bargained for. :)

blondebritbrat17
07-29-2008, 01:48 PM
In the past two days I've been back on plan and I've been rewarded today with a 3.6 pound drop back down to 212! I also finally got an email today from the school district I put in my application for a teacher's aide position and they are wanting me to come in for an interview this week! I gotta go study for another test and eat some lunch have a great day everyone! If I get this job this will be a great opportunity for me and the financial answers to our prayers. I just found out yesterday my car needs close to $600 dollars worth of repairs.

CountingDown
07-29-2008, 08:15 PM
Brit - :crossed: on the job! I worked as a TA when the kids were little and really enjoyed the job. Congrats on the loss! AWESOME!

Margie - great job on the bike. I can't seem to use treadmills, or bikes or ellipticals - I admire anyone that can stay at it for more than 5 minutes (which seems to be my limit)

Gary - :) Glad to see that scale going back in the RIGHT direction!

thistoo - GREAT job with the vacation! It is something that I continue to work at. I'm not QUITE able to go on vacation and not gain, but I am pretty close. It is hard - particularly when restaurants don't list their calorie counts online!

Let's keep at it all! We CAN do this!

EZMONEY
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Margie ~ we do have a full house from time to time, but now with my kids married and Lara in New York at school most of the time it's just the nephew here. He is gone most of the time but sometimes he is here and about 6-8 other kids are with him. They are pretty good though. Oh yeah...tri-tip is a cut of beef...usually about a 5 pound roast. We marinate it in different sauces, one with tequila...so good for BBQ beef sandwiches or on kabobs or just with potatoes or rice. It is fatty though.

Caroline Angie and I liked the movie Legally Blonde.

Brat good luck with that interview! I know you will nail it! I pray you get the job if it is God's will for you to have that one.

Scooter glad to see your scale heading the same way!

mtiger
07-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey there!! Haven't checked in for a few days. I am moping today. Since Friday I have gained 2 pounds. It might be a mid-cylce thing. I am going to research my journal and see if this happens every month. It is depressing though. I need to keep losing and these little gains are not helpful.

Went to the fair today with my friend and her daughters. We walked all over the place. I was sweating up a storm. It felt like I had run 2 miles. Maybe the scale will go back down a little bit. I totally agree with the heat thing. It is just way to hard to workout outside. I am going to find something to do in the house tonight.

EZ- I understand the swings, trust me. It gets very frustrating. You are doing great though.

Thistoo- Running is hard when you take off a few days. I have not worked out good and hard in a few days. Too Hot!!

Margie- I wish I had some equipment in the house. I will have to do a DVD.

Brat- Great job on that loss. You and I are just about the same place. Keep up the good work and 200's will be history. Good luck on the job. I have to go back to my classroom in a few weeks. I've started dreaming about it at night. It's coming too fast.

See ya all later!

thistoo
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Good morning! I am happy to report that the scale is down to 189 this morning, so that's all my vacation weight gone. Today is also my first day of recommitting to no sugar, so we'll see how bad the withdrawals are. ;) Seeing the 180s on the scale again was a major incentive, though!

Margie B.
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I am SO PUMPED today, I get on the scale every morning out of habit and having been inching down ever since my 'new' commitment last Friday and so far I'm down FOUR POUNDS. Now I realize that my official weigh in day isn't until Friday but I'm hoping to keep it off!!!

My best friend from high school is having one of those home party things where they're selling food (!) that I'm committed to go to tomorrow night. I'm planning to eat my sensible dinner prior to the party and then 'selectively nibble' at what's offered.

BRIT - Congrats on the -3.6 loss. Let us know how your interview went on the TA position! Good Luck Girl!

CD - You continue to be such a motivator!! I guess now that you're all skinny and have all this extra energy you are using it to keep us going! You said 5 minutes was your max on the treadmill, bike, etc. Right now I am doing a 6 minute mile - trust me, I'm not breaking any land speed records but I am MOVING! 1.5 mile last night, and probably 1.5 for the next few days then I'm pushing it up to 2 mile Friday or so.

EZ - Tri-tip sounds pretty good - would love the recipe sometime (I am bar-b-q crazy!) You know how to KEEP WITH IT when your weight fluctuates so hang in there!!

MINDY - When I lost weight back in '81 (wow has it been that long ago?) I kept a journal, so when I put my mind to it last Friday I got out a spiral notebook and started my food journal again and I think it helps. Hopefully your 'hike' at the fair has walked off some of the lbs. Keep after those DVD's too, I don't have them but about every other 'machine' in my house you can think of (way-yy too many of them!)

Someone a while back talked about the book "mindless eating" and I started on it yesterday. So far it's just reinforcing what I already know, i.e. small plates/bowls, etc. makes your mind 'think' you have a regular-size portion. Like I had spaghetti last night, measured out my portion but put it in a bowl instead of on the dinner plate. Therefore the bowl was full, whereas the plate would have looked half-empty.

That's all from here today folks. Boy it's HOT and HUMID so I'll be staying in. Hope everyone has a great day and stay OP - Margie

preetyladyserenity
07-31-2008, 06:20 AM
I haven't reported for awhile so here how things are going.

I had been feeling sick in the intestines for awhile and had not gone to the toilet for 5 days (I have been suffering from the 2 extremes of going to the toilet - aka not going and not being able to hold them; for 2 months:o). Yikes! I thought I was about to explode! Due to my inability my weight went up to 110! Finally after much pain I once again went to the doctor. Once again he went "Maybe it is because of stress" I was :mad:. I lost my patience (this thing with me being in pain and the doctors saying is because of stress is going on for the last 2 months) so I told him

"Doctor, with all due respect, I finished my freakin' dissertation and this is NOT because of stress. I have been in pain for 2 months and I demand for you to tell me what's wrong with me!"

So he finally examines me and gives me the diagnosis.

Most likely irritable bowel. But still not entirely sure.

I am prescribed medication for now and finally my system started working once more and I am back in 108.8 since yesterday.

Ok in terms of exersice I have been taking nice long walks. I walk 2 hours a day as the weather now is so nice, I could squeal in happiness.

Hope that my weight slightly by Monday. :carrot:

thistoo
07-31-2008, 10:13 AM
The good news: This morning I weighed in at 187.6. Woo!

The bad news: I pulled a muscle in my hip, which is making working out a challenge. My hip, you guys. How did I even manage that?

I'm hoping it won't set me back or anything. I'm sticking to my food plan and icing my hip and we'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Margie B.
07-31-2008, 10:48 AM
Man this thread is quiet. . .

SERENITY - glad you went to the dr. Hope the meds will get everything "working" right again. I am envious though that your weather permits 2 hours walks!! Too hot and humid here for that -we probably can't walk outdoors again until about September. . .at least not comfortably!

TT - YEAH down 1.4 lbs!! Sorry to hear about your hip. I get a muscle cramp every-so-often in my hip and it's not fun. Hopefully the rest and ice will help.

As for me, I'm still down the four pounds, so I'm just hoping to keep it off for weigh in tomorrow. Keeping at the sta. bike and watching those portions! Have a great day everyone!! -Margie

blondebritbrat17
07-31-2008, 12:25 PM
Margie B.- I'm here!

Thanks for the well wishes everybody on my job interview. I just got back and I think it went very well and I should know by Saturday if I have it or not. I was informed "they would love to have me" so I'm on the edge of my seat for now. It occurred to me that I will have to come up with some fast breakfast ideas if I get this job and I bought some Jimmy Dean Delights and I had one before I left to go to my interview this morning and they weren't bad. And only 300 calories. I'm up again due to being bloated for that time of month.

Serenity-Hope you are feeling better!

TT- Sorry to hear about your hip. Take it easy.

Sounds like everyone is doing great! Keep it up!

Margie B.
07-31-2008, 12:41 PM
BRIT - :crossed: on the interview - we'll be waiting to hear as soon as you hear. :goodvibes Quick breakfast stuff, we do it every day, easy to make a bacon sandwich to go, bagel, pop tarts, grilled cheese, yogurt, toasted frozen waffle w/jelly, cream cheese or peanut butter (of course no syrup unless you want to wear it!), fruit, we even do our own breakfast wrap (eggs, sausage or bacon, cheese). I take my DD to school and then on to work every morning so we've become 'experts' at transportable breakfast.

thistoo
07-31-2008, 12:57 PM
Brit, this is a good make-ahead, transportable breakfast that I love (http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=1298). I'm not that crazy about Hungry Girl most of the time, but this recipe is low-cal and filling, with lots of protein and veggies. I can't eat that early so I'm also a big fan of breakfasts you can bring with you.

Fingers crossed for the job! Let us know how it turns out.

CountingDown
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Brit - Keep us posted on the job interview!

Caroline - that omelet looks scrumptious! Congrats on the 180s - that is AWESOME!

Mindy - I'm afraid we are in for even hotter weather this weekend :( I'm heading to southern MI tomorrow and hope to do some hiking on Saturday. Which reminds me - gotta go clean my poles.

preetyladyserenity - glad you are feeling better and that the doc was of some help!

Margie - :woohoo: great job!!!! You are doing wonderfully with both your weight loss and your exercise! (thanks for the compliment too) :D

Have a great evening all. I'm not sure I will have Internet access again until Sunday night. So - stay strong - have a FUN and OP weekend!

EZMONEY
07-31-2008, 07:05 PM
:carrot: PEOPLE ARE HERE :carrot:

Well I have good news for me! I started this month at 177 and today (although it is one pound up from my weight loss anniversary on the 23rd) I am at 171 for the third day in a row.

MARGIE ~I am so proud of you! I really think....scratch that! I really know you are going to do it this time! Just a little everyday will add up. Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow and if it isn't what you hoped it would be...don't worry about it! It will be one day! :hug:

BRAT ~:carrot: Great news! Fingers crossed for that job for you! :hug:

CAROLINE ~ Great job on the weight! Sorry about your hip :( I hope it gets better real quick! :hug:

NIECE KATERINA ~Sorry about those tummy issues. Glad it is better now though. My daughter had severe IBS issues when she was in high school and college...she really thinks it had a lot to do with pressure from school and tennis. Pressure she put on herself to excell....since her Master's degree was finished she says it has almost gone away! Keep that pressure off of you :hug:

MINDY ~That little gain is not the end of the world. Great being able to go through your journal and see the "what if's"...you may just need to up the exercise a bit. :hug:

SCOOTER ~Way to keep coming back and supporting here :hug:

blondebritbrat17
08-01-2008, 01:56 AM
So I've had a relatively good evening. My mom came over for dinner, she did tell me some rather distressing news that she and her boyfriend are having problems and due to her inability to work from health problems, if she moves out then she would either be needing to find government housing (which in our area some of the government housing is VERY unsafe) or at my insistence move in with us if I get the job and can afford a bigger apartment 3 bedroom and 2 bath. That did have me have an urge to go and eat something disgustingly comforting but I held fast and still am. Anyways I was proud of myself my mom offered to treat us to Marble Slab which has my fave choc. ice cream there and I turned it down. Then one of my girlfriends called just as my mom walked out the door to go back "home for now" and wanted to go for a walk. I had a blast walking and talking with my friend and 45 minutes just flew by. I really have missed having a work out buddy. My mom used to be my work out buddy until she got sick 4 years ago and that's about when the weight started piling on. So she promised to call me at least once a week since she is the one that has the busier and crazier schedule and us go walking some more.

Margie B.
08-01-2008, 10:29 AM
I weighed THREE POUNDS more than I do now!!! :dance: :dancer: :yes: :yay: YIPPEE, :goodscale I am VERY happy with 3 lbs. down in a week. Hope to hold fast over the weekend which is my hardest time. Also this weekend is suppose to be disgustingly hot and humid so I won't be outside hardly at all. . . so ready for the cooler weather. :snowglo:

EZ - WOOT WOOT :cheer2: to you big guy - down 6 lbs in a month!! That's great and thanks for the encouragement too. . . yes, this time I DO plan to stay with it! I keep thinking 50 by 50 (50 lbs. by 50th birthday), at least that's what I'm shooting for! BTW - where's ANGIE???? We haven't heard from her for a while now. . .

KATERINE - How are you feeling today sweetie?? Hope after the doc visit all is still well and back on track.

BRIT - You had a good evening and showed great willpower being able to say "NO" to the chocolate ice cream and opted for a 45 min. walk, - you're going places girl! Lighter places. . .

CD - once again you're "Miss Encouragement". :cheer3: :cheer3: Enjoy your hiking and hopefully the weather won't be much of a hinderance.

Since I'm staying in this weekend, I plan to work some more on my bedroom, think I'll start clearing out the closet so I can get it cleaned and painted. . . we'll see how that goes ! Stay OP everyone and keep moving! -Margie

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Just got back from a 4 mile walk with the dogs. With Angie gone I had to take the mutts by myself. I allow them to "visit and sniff" a little more than Angie....she's usually out for the exercise not to "read the neighborhood paper" ;)

I weighed in again at 171 so I am holding steady. Not doing anything to lose though so I better be careful!

BRAT ~ I am so glad you have a partner for your walks, at least a part time one anyway. I hope the situation with your mom works out well for all concerned :hug: It is tough when our parents are sick. Prayers sent up and fingers still crossed for that job!

MARGIE ~ 3 pounds :carrot: Not bad for a week's worth of "good attitude" ;) Really commit this time for that 50 at 50! When is that by the way? Angie went up to see her mom. 200 miles away, for the week-end. One of her sister's lives up there too so she will see her family also. It will probably be her last chance before summer ends to go. Have fun :D on that closet!

blondebritbrat17
08-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Margie B.-That's great! WTG!

EZMONEY-That's great to hear too 6 pounds in one month wowza!

It was really nice having someone to walk with even though at 10pm at night it was still 90 degrees here and humid!! We had a flashlight and just walked around my whole apartment complex 5 or 6 times and my hubby did walk with us for about 15-20 minutes then wimped out on us. I am a tad bit sore though. It's a good sore-not one of those OMG I can't move sore feelings.

mtiger
08-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Well I knew I would be up this week, but not too bad. Up 1.4 at 213 this morning. That is down a pound from yesterday. I am not going to kill myself anymore. I'll eat right and work out reasonably and see what happens. My son is stressing me out with his irresponsibility and his absence. Comes home when he feels like it and God knows what he is doing while he is gone. GRR! :(
My DD moved home from college yesterday and she is simply a blessing to have around. Now if she will just get her stuff taken care of, it is everywhere. She is finally graduating and I think I will throw a party for her this summer.

So many people to catch up with but very little time. Good job to the "losers" and the maintainers. :cool: Hope everyone who was under the weather is feeling back to normal. People are eating right and working out and doing a great job.

One personal to CD- What part of MI are you from? I live in Potterville, near Lansing. It wasn't too bad here today. We went to the fair and my DD showed my niece's pony. It was fun and has been several years since she has done that. Keep cool.

See ya all later.

EZMONEY
08-01-2008, 11:27 PM
BRAT ~ Sorry it is so hot there at night. That soreness will go away as you get in shape!

MINDY ~Weight could be worse. Just look at what you might be doing "not so good" and improve on that each day. A little at a time will add up nicely at the end of 30-60-90 days. But you have to do a little EACH day. Prayers for your son. Glad your daughter being home is bringing you some comfort.

preetyladyserenity
08-02-2008, 06:37 AM
Margie B - I am better but still feeling a bit of a discomfort. I hope it will be better soon.

Oh last night was a scary night! I rarely go into binge mode but when I do it terrifies me. It happened last time around 10 o' clock. I felt my legs standing up and going to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed a banana. And then 2 breadsticks.

I was innerly screaming to myself, "What are you doing? I don't need that! I am not hungry!!!"

Anyways I forced myself to bed and lay there shivering because my body wanted to go back and eat more (and my stomach ended up hurting because I really was full prior to the episode)

The only comforting thing is that summing my calories for the day, with this incident I was in 1580, so not so bad but still it was scary.

thistoo
08-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Mindy, I'm not a parent, and I can't imagine being a parent, so all of you parents have my utmost respect. The stress kids put you guys through! But you're doing great in spite of the summer time craziness around your house, don't let yourself forget that.

My hip is still being weird -- I don't even know how to describe whatever I did to it -- so I've been easy on myself workout-wise the past couple days. As a result the scale is parked firmly at 188.2, which is not terrible, but I'd like to get it a little lower before my next 'official' weigh-in. So it's the farmer's market for me this morning, followed by a vigorous workout. I will take care not to injure myself further, but I'm not going to let this set me back, either.

Serenity, good job stopping that binge in its tracks. I think we can all relate to what you went through last night, and you won the battle!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Margie B.
08-02-2008, 01:50 PM
TT - Good attitude - just don't re-injure yourself!

MINDY - Glad DD is home to help you. How old is your son? My DD is 16, has her car and doesn't like to come home either. . . after all 'it's summer!" Come back and catch-up when you can.

KATERINE - I can so totally relate with you on the binge thing. It's an awful feeling isn't it knowing you are destroying all the hard work you've been doing but you got yourself out of it by going to bed. When I'm watching TV in the evening I try to keep busy, something in my hands, like reading, etc. so I don't bolt for the kitchen at every commercial - it seems to help. Glad you continue to feel better!

EZ - Nice that you're holding steady but GET MOVING !!! 50 by 50 is in January so I've got my work cut out for me here. Hope Angie is having a good time visiting. . . when does she go back to school? DD starts Aug 14th, - less than 2 weeks and she's NOT looking forward to it.

So rare for me to be able to get on here on the weekend but thought I would catch up. I did my 1.5 mi on the bike last night and already done 2 mi this am. Was up a little on the scale today but probably due to the pizza last night - didn't overdo it just the salt - I hope! Having chicken stir-fry tonight so I'll really have to watch it on the soy sauce tonight too so I'm not adding a lot more sodium.

Have a great weekend all -Margie

EZMONEY
08-02-2008, 10:58 PM
I was at 171 for the 5th day in a row. Happy about that! :carrot:

MARGIE ~ Well Jan. is coming fast! I don't know if I can guarantee a 50 pound loss...and I know you aren't asking...but what I can guarantee is this ~ if you continue to come here for support and accountability AND watch what you are eating that isn't good for you AND get in an hour of exercise each day I can guarantee you that YOU will feel and look better AND be PROUD of yourself on your birthday! ~ I think Angie goes back to school after Labor Day, that's when my saon and daughter in law go back to teaching. They are in another city but I believe I heard them talking that it was the first time they all had the same start. Everyone here had been going back around the middle of August, not sure why they changed it, doesn't really matter much to me anymore!

CAROLINE ~I am sorry your hip isn't a lot better :hug: Hope the farmers market trip was a success. Fingers crossed the scale goes down quickly!

mtiger
08-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Okay, it is official. I have the queerest body in the world. After being down to 211.6 last Friday, I gained all week, back up to 214. Now in three days I am down to 210. I don't get it and I guess I have to just deal with it, expect it, and not worry about it so much. 210!!! WOW!!

Gary- My son shows up yesterday just like ne was never gone. He says he is not getting in to any trouble while he's out. Just hanging with friends and having fun. I can only hope that my years of raising him right pay off. Gary- 171 for 5 days in a row. :carrot: My scale is all over the place. Good for you at sticking to a weight.

Thistoo- Yes children can be stressful, at times, but I wouldn't trade them for the world. I know my son has some sense, I just hope he is remembering to use it. Take it easy with the hip. My knee will act up occassionally and I will have to take it easy.

Margie- Son is 20! I know he trying to exert his independence. I have to trust in him and the Lord.

I did my 5k for 3FC last night. 47 min. of dripping sweat and bugs. Yuck!! I jogged a good portion of it. :cool: See ya all later!

preetyladyserenity
08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Hmm to sum up this week. I am still to 108.8 kg for the week. I am going to see if next week will be the one the scale budges, but I slightly doubt it as I have to finish my dissertation next week so I foresee 9-hour sitting marathons in the library.

Another thing. I, being the weird person that I am, decided to check out the calories and fat in the average fast foods. Oh sh!t! So much calories and fat everywhere! It was really shocking, waking up call! I mean I know fast food is high in calories but I never knew it could be so high in fat. No wonder I gain even when I sniff it.

Uncle Gary: You are the man!!!:carrot:

thistoo: My brother is an athlete and he used to get sore easily despite his every-day workouts. For him the best medicines for sores and sprains is a towel soaked in chamomile tea-water and placed on the point of pain. He swears on its healing and soothing abilities.

Margie B: I rarely have pizza. It is the only thing I don't miss from dieting.

EZMONEY
08-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I was at 171 again today...but it was inching up a bit at 171.8 My eating has been so-so....my portion sizes are fine but my food choices (with Angie gone) have been on the high calorie side.

Salmon tonight! Angie's back.

MINDY ~I am glad your son "showed" up safe. It must be tough on you having to worry like that. HUGS!

Niece Katerina ~ OUCH! On those 9hr. marathons dear! Good luck.

thistoo
08-03-2008, 10:53 PM
187 for me today! I am really pleased with that. Hoping to maintain it tomorrow, or maybe do a little better, but we'll see. Today was a yoga day, and while it's definitely a great strength workout, it's not cardio. I usually see my biggest drops after a good cardio session, so if I go up a little tomorrow I won't be too hard on myself.

My hip is still being weird, but I'm working around it. Thanks for the sympathy and advice, everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend.

CountingDown
08-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Hi all - some GREAT losses this week. You guys are doing FANTASTIC!

We had a wonderful trip that included over 12 miles of hiking, lots of healthy vegetarian food and (Gary - don't read any further) 4 microbrewery visits. Hopefully the hiking negated all of the beer :crossed: I will know this week and post my results (probably Wed. after my weekly weigh in).

Let's stay strong and have another AWESOME week!!!!

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 12:27 AM
HA! SCOOTER! I had a beer last Sunday with our family dinner gathering....one on Tuesday with pizza at a new pizza joint....and ZERO since!

Glad you had a great time!

Hat Trick
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Haven't posted in a bit. Geesh, getting a kid ready for college takes up some time doesn't it? Our living room is slowly but surely getting piled w/her stuff. Three weeks and counting. While I am going to miss her being here everyday and all that goes w/that, I've decided to change my mental attitude. I've decided to put my mindframe in the 'first day of first grade' attitude. When my daughter started first grade (lo those many years ago!) everyone was like 'oh, aren't you going to miss her?' My response was 'well, of course I'm going to miss her . . . but she's coming back.' College is close enough that we'll see her and phone calls, email and texting are all in the picture. Sooooo, I'm not going to get all 'boo-hoo'. Oh I'm sure there w/be tears when we leave, and perhaps more for us than for her, but my guess is that when the dust settles and we are more adjusted that her tears will surface w/the realization that this is not just a short vacation from home. So hopefully this whole college thing will be easier to adjust to if I don't get all 'vaclempt' about it, huh?

Ok, on to me. :D Down a lb but just barely . . . I really , really need you guys to kick me in the butt because my eating really needs to step it up some. Again, just been eating off by some but just enough that I feel like I'm standing still. I'm exercising 6 days/wk. so I know it's the food end of things. And I can do great most of the day and then . . . . derailment happens!! :eek: So please feel free to whack me over the head, kick me in the butt or any other method you can think of to get me really back OP w/the food end of things.

Briefly read over some posts and wow, some of you guys are doing just great. I also know I need to get in here more; tough when so much is going on. In three weeks they will all be back in school so maybe things will go back to 'normal'.

mtiger
08-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Hey, 210.8 today. Up a little from yesterday, but not too bad. A little water retention in all this mugginess. It is supposed to rain for 2 days and then be cooler. YEAH!!! I did another 5k last night. Actually I did 4 miles in an hour. Pretty good. I was a soaking wet mess when I got home. YIKES!!

Pretty- That is why I always look things up before I go out to eat. I know what I can have at Taco Bell and Wendy's so I usually stick with those. Somebody mentioned pizza. I have to work that in sometimes as it is one of those foods I could not live without.

Thistoo- I notice my weight loss more after a cardio workout too. Not always, but most of the time. I get caught in the trap of not wanting to do strength training because I don't lose. I know I need to though. loss, or no loss.

CD- Glad to hear you had fun on your trip. Hopefuuly that beer won't be too much of a problem. I am here holding strong with you this week.

Gary- Isn't it funny that you remember exactly when you have had each beer. You are certainly treasuring those times.

Hat- Good outlook on the whole college thing. You really will survive it. Had to laugh when I read about your living room filling with her stuff for college. My daughter moved back home on Thursday. Currently my dining room is full and I am not able to park in the garage, as it is full of her stuff. So, you get it coming and going.

See ya all tom. And a thought for the day- Believe in your dreams, and you're halfway there.

thistoo
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Afternoon, everyone :) Hat Trick, welcome back! I've been wondering how the college prep is going. Glad to hear you've found a zen place with your daughter's big life change. I'm sure she's excited and a little scared, too! But it's great that she'll be able to come home fairly regularly; when I was in college my parents moved to Europe, so I was *really* on my own. Talk about scary!

Anyway, the scale said 186.8 this morning, even though I drank two beers last night. I'm pretty thrilled with that, and I'm going to be as strict with myself as I can handle for the next two days. 'Official' weigh-in is on Wednesday, and I would love to be 186.something that day. We'll see how it goes.

Other than that, it's Monday. Boo! But it's easier to stick with my eating plan when I have a work schedule, so I shouldn't complain about being here, I suppose.

Margie B.
08-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Usually the weekends are my hardest to stay OP but somehow I managed and am still at 217 this am. Did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING over the weekend, except ride the bike, was the laziest :yawn: person you ever saw!! Just couldn't get it in gear. . . maybe this week will be better.

CD - Great job loggin' in those hiking miles. :yes:. . now about the microbreweries. . . :chin:

EZ - I hear ya (50 by 50), :drill: YES COACH!! Good job hanging in there at 171 for so many days. Hope Angie had a good trip!

KATERINE - remember, this time next week all the dissertation will be DONE!! I too rarely have pizza, love it,:jeno: just don't get it, but I was craving some, home alone and didn't want to cook much.

mtiger - 5k and then 4 miles - you go girl!! I could handle the bugs :snail: but not the dripping sweat! YUCK!

TT - 187, yoga or cardio - you're still moving!! :broc:

HAT - Yeah, we'll kick your butt!!! :kickbutt: :rollpin: :yes: Get with it, would ya! :hyper: :tantrum: But you have been busy with college moves, since that's over GET OP WITH THOSE FOOD CHOICES!!! :eek: :goodluck:

Usual household chores tonite, dishes, laundry, etc. but I WILL do my 2 miles on the bike!! :bike2: Need to get this weight moving (down!) again so I can put up some good numbers for Friday. Have a great evening all and stay OP - Margie

CountingDown
08-04-2008, 06:10 PM
OK, I peeked at the scale this morning just to see what damage was done. Usually a weekend of restaurant foods and beer means that the scale will inch up for a couple days. But - 129.8 :D peered back at me.

All those GREAT choices and splitting everything (even beers) with DH really did make a difference.

Have a GREAT day all!

OH, and Hat Trick - hang in there - I've been in your shoes and it IS hard.

EZMONEY
08-04-2008, 06:31 PM
:carrot: I was at 171 again this morning :carrot: That is 7 days in a row....some kind of record of "no change" for me! At a weight I am happy :) with...not ecstatic but happy!

I have been eating "decent" and getting my miles in.

HAT TRICK ~You think college is bad...what 'til she runs off and gets married! I never thought I could live with an empty house...and I really-really miss the kids (nephew doesn't hang around the house much at 17 and NAVY bound here next month) being here, but there are nice parts about it. ALL in all I'd want them all back...but it was time to let them go ;)

Now a kick in the butt to get you back on track :hug:

MINDY ~ Great job on those 5K's...awesome! The reason I "know" my beer in-take is because I was keeping track last month. It was getting out of hand. I don't know if you saw my "beer for my horses" thread in general chatter but I cooled it way back for a month and logged it in that thread. That ended last week when I had my beer at pizza. Heck, before last month, I couldn't count that high! :D

CAROLINE ~I hope you hit that 186- number on Wednesday, if not just keep on plugging along....it will happen for you :hug:

MARGIE ~It is hard to get going sometimes. I really have no excuse not to do some miles on the treadmill if I am just watching TV because i have a TV in the gym...it isn't Hi Def but it is decent. Sometimes I just go out there and walk a nice slow pace....every little bit helps.

If you set a goal like I did to go for an entire year, making better choices AND do it AND not worry about that weight...IT WILL go down...a little each day..I promise :hug:

Angie had a good time with her mom and sister, She told me today that she goes back to work next Monday, Ryan and Nicole start teaching after Labor Day but her district is next week. She has conferences all week this week in San Diego...so actually her vacation is over :( It kind of snuck up on her! She knew she had conferences this week but she really didn't know until yesterday...when she looked through her "teacher" mail when she went back...she thought it was the same as our kids! OOPS! Not much changes in our lives though...just means I have to start cooking again if I am home!

SCOOTER ~ Are you sure your scale isn't stuck at 129? ;)....I know it wasn't "light" beer :)

blondebritbrat17
08-05-2008, 12:53 AM
So now I'm frustrated. I was so motivated by my loss last week that I decided to try harder and eat a little more "cleaner" and I have been doing very well turning down treats and staying at home and eating here and etc. I'm back up almost 4 pounds. GRRRR.. And I have turned down free pizza TWICE, my fave Marble Slab choc. ice cream TWICE and it would have been free too and it has been hot here too so it's perfect ice cream weather too!! I did not go out to the bar that I was invited to this past Saturday since I would have been tempted to have some yummy drinks that are only available there plus I had no moola either so.. GRRRR..

thistoo
08-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Brit, your good choices *will* catch up with you, I promise! There is no way that pizza and Marble Slab would have helped you lose more weight, right? So you can't look back at your choices with regret.

Probably you are retaining water, and that 'gain' you're seeing will be gone soon enough. Are you drinking enough water? The heat can really make you retain if you don't drink enough. Is it close to TOM? That always does me in; I gain like five pounds every month just from that. But it goes away again! Don't despair. It's a hugely frustrating process; believe me, I know.

gettinmarried
08-05-2008, 08:13 AM
I am new to site how do you join the team?

gettinmarried
08-05-2008, 08:18 AM
How do the pill work

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 09:50 AM
I am new to site how do you join the team?

YOU JUST DID! WELCOME! :)

How do the pill work

Stick around here, you'll see....we'd tell you but it's MAGIC ;)

gettinmarried
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
Thank you I am feel like I have tried everything and I am just lost. I really want to lose weight before my fiance get back from Iraq, and I just don't know where to start

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Thank you I am feel like I have tried everything and I am just lost. I really want to lose weight before my fiance get back from Iraq, and I just don't know where to start

Well gettinmarried first of all congratulations for marrying one of our troops :carrot: such wonderful men/women we have in our country! Second of all our TEAM guarantees a 5 pound weight loss by focusing just on 5 pounds at a time! We don't worry too much about what happens after we lose those 5. We take 'em 5 at a time, something that we can concentrate on and "take down!" We do this through ~

#1 ~ Support for each other

#2 ~ We lower our calories in through better food and beverage choices

#3 ~ We increase our calories out through exercise

Our TEAM will get you ready for that wedding!

Again, Welcome ~ Gary

gettinmarried
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Thank you so much, it feels really good to have this support!!! I just have one question, I am huge water drinker and I don't eat a lot of junk food; but for some reason I stay hugry all the time. I sit a desk all day, and all I can think about is food. What types of breakfast can I eat, that will keep me full during the until luch. (I am starving as we speak)

thistoo
08-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Welcome, gettinmarried! I can attest to the effectiveness of EZ's guaranteed weight loss pill; I've lost 5 pounds twice already, and am working on my third!

As for breakfasts, there's been a lot of talk about that around here lately. The consensus seems to be fiber + protein to keep you full. If I eat oatmeal with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter mixed in, for instance, I stay full a lot longer than if I eat toast. Sometimes I make eggs with tons of chopped green peppers and an ounce of low-fat cheese. Or I eat yogurt with some low-cal granola mixed in (I always measure my servings so I know exactly how many calories I'm getting.)

The oatmeal keeps me fullest, because it's fiber-rich. The carbs help a lot too. I try to eat most of my carbs before noon, but not everyone has to do that to lose weight.

Hat Trick
08-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Welcome gettinmarried!! Glad to have you aboard. :D

Lots of support on this thread and website. And Gary's '5 lb pill' actually works -- if you eat less, move more and come on in here when doing that gets tough! :yes: :)

As for b-fast - I like a one-egg, two-white omlette (or scrambled) w/some seasoned zuccini or mushrooms. Maybe a little American cheese. A side of fresh strawberries w/a dollop of vanilla yogurt too. Yum. Or cereal like Total (ahhh, they stopped stocking Total Cranberry Crunch at my stores!!!) w/fresh strawberries and 2% milk. Sometimes a Balance bar w/a glass of lf milk. Usually these things stick w/me till lunch but not always. In that case, I eat a snack like a cheese stick and some whole wheat crackers or fruit or nuts and fruit. I always try to combine protein w/good carbs and that seems to stick w/me the longest. :)

Cinm
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
HI all,

I need to loose some weight if there really was a pill.So i am definatly moving alot.Food i think i am doing better,how many times a week can you eat eggs?.I really need foods that keep you feeling full.I get migraines so easily but i noticed ,changing some food i eat much better.Before i use to eat cereal loaded with sugar now if i eat 1 cup of all bran with fruit and a few almonds i stay full longer.Also an egg for lunch gets me to supper.

So i hope i can join you all.

blondebritbrat17
08-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks Thistoo- it is after TOM. Last week was TOM so that was the reason why I was so surprised and happy that I had lost over 3 pounds since I always gain so I have no idea why I've gained AFTER TOM. That has never happened before so I am truly baffled. I am hoping that it is just water weight. Thanks for the encouragement!

gettinmarried
08-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok I will try the Total with the fresh strawberries; thats all I would have time to make in the morning. I was eating the strawberry shredded wheats, but I believe that was the cause of me feeling hungry by 10 (remeber I eat breakfast at 4) but I will take an apple with me to eat between my early breakfast and lunch. So... wish me look tomorrow, I have a board meeting I and can't tell you how many times I have been in one and my stomach was the one doing the talking..LOL:^:

EZMONEY
08-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I finally moved on the scale! After 7 days in a row at 171 I finally went down to 170! Not bad considering I have been slow at work so not burning off those drywall calories as much as usual!

I have been getting my miles in ~ watching my portions and eating (for the most part) healthy foods!

Again WELCOME to CIN and GETTINMARRIED

GETTIN ~ for breakfast I usually have oatmeal or something along the lines of Total or another high fiber cereal and about 4 strips of turkey bacon. Make sure you have fiber and protein.

CIN ~ Sounds like you are on the right track. As far as eggs go, I think they have had a bad rap...unless you have a problem with them on a medical basis I think in moderation they aren't a problem.

mtiger
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Well the wacky body issues continue. Up to 211.6 today from 210.8 yesterday. I really liked 210 from the other day much better. Hopefully I'll get back to that soon. I hate August. It is too hot and it is the end of summer and time to go back to school. I only have this week and next before I need to go in. Kids come back after Labor Day, but I have a lot to do. I have to move my entire room and gear up to switch from Kindergarten to a 4/5 split, unhappily and not by choice. Boy, what a year this is going to be.

Gettinmarried and Cinm- Welcome!

Blonde- I understand your pain. Just stick with it.

Gary- Yeah for you. You are awesome.

Breakfast for me is BORING!! Cereal one day, toast with PB and jelly, or French toast (only 230 cal.). I always have a midmorning snack. I eat every few hours. I don't have time for much else in the morning, so it's got to be quick and easy.

See ya later.

Hat Trick
08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok I will try the Total with the fresh strawberries; thats all I would have time to make in the morning. I was eating the strawberry shredded wheats, but I believe that was the cause of me feeling hungry by 10 (remeber I eat breakfast at 4) but I will take an apple with me to eat between my early breakfast and lunch. So... wish me look tomorrow, I have a board meeting I and can't tell you how many times I have been in one and my stomach was the one doing the talking..LOL:^:

GettinM -- you eat breakfast at 4a.m.? Wow, I'd be starving by 7a.m., no doubt! No wonder your tummy was a grumbling by 10a.m. Might I suggest in addtion to that snack of an apple that you also eat a cheese stick or a serving of nuts or a tblspn. of peanut butter with it? Something w/protein in it will make that snack last a lot longer. Apples make me hungry for some weird reason, even when I combine them w/protein.

thistoo
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Apples make me hungry for some weird reason, even when I combine them w/protein.

I have the exact same problem! I've never been able to figure out why.

Tomato
08-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Thank you so much, it feels really good to have this support!!! I just have one question, I am huge water drinker and I don't eat a lot of junk food; but for some reason I stay hugry all the time. I sit a desk all day, and all I can think about is food. What types of breakfast can I eat, that will keep me full during the until luch. (I am starving as we speak)

I asked the same just a week ago. Take a look my Let's Talk Breakfast (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147732) thread - there are lots of great suggestions.

CountingDown
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Hi and :welcome: to Gettinmarried and Cin!

Breakfast for me runs the gamut. Multi-grain, extra fiber English muffin with flax seed & PB or LC cheese, or high-fiber cereal with soy milk, or a veggie omelet, or a MSF mushroom lover's burger on a half of a flatout bread - stuff like that. I try to get plenty of protein and fiber in my breakfast. Seems to make the day go smoother ;)

I was at 129.2 this morning, so I'm a happy :scooter: It looks like the hiking did offset the extra beverages :)

Have a wonderful evening all - it is a GLORIOUS one here in northern MI :D

blondebritbrat17
08-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Welcome to CIN and GETTINMARRIED!! This thread is what keeps me going in my journey and is what helps me pick myself back up and get back on track.

Mitger-thanks for the support. You'll get back down there too. We just have to keep at it!

It looks like the Dallas area of Texas will be seeing some relief from the triple digit temperatures finally. We've had 12 straight days of temperatures over 100 degrees and then with the humidity and heat index it has been making things feel more closer to 106-110 even. So hopefully hubby and I can get back to going park walking at night again. Hubby works in a un-air conditioned/open air building with a metal roof on top so the heat has been really getting to him and he's come home literally sick and just wants to take a refreshing luke-warm shower,eat dinner then go to bed. He's an auto mechanic so we're already looking forward to November around here already lol.

have a great night everyone!

EZMONEY
08-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Goodness that is BRUTAL for your husband BRAT! I saw how bad it was on the news today...high school bands and football teams still practicing though...a lot of water going down.

thistoo
08-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Ugh, Brit, that sounds awful! I don't know how you stand it. I guess I will stop complaining about our 95 degree 60% humidity days here! Though with those temperatures I wouldn't be surprised at all if your scale 'gain' is just water retention. Heat can do that to you.

Pixie, welcome back! That is a LOT of extra exercise you're getting in! Good for you AND the environment. I can't say I do the same, but I admire you for doing it! I might consider it if there was a shower at work I could use, but they frown on that sort of thing at the library. ;)

I am at 186.6 this morning, same as yesterday. Since it's my 'official' weigh-in day I got to change my tickers. That means I'm 3.4 pounds into my third five pound loss! Pretty exciting when I think of it that way.

blondebritbrat17
08-06-2008, 02:45 PM
The heat is brutal here some years. There have already been 5 heat related deaths and close to 200 getting sick from heat stroke/heat exhaustion. Those stats are from last week so those numbers could very well be higher now. This is the first year in a long time to where I've actually been a bit sick to my stomach myself just from the heat. No movement on the scale at all. It may be that I up my exercise and see if that helps. I can easily walk a mile now even in this heat lol.

EZMONEY
08-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I was at 170.0 this morning :carrot: That is 9 straight days with 0 gains! :)

BRAT ~Sometimes life throws us curves...and heat! Where we can't do what we want to do. Your health is the most important thing. You will have many more days to exercise, take it easy. I hope something good turns up soon on that interview :hug:

CAROLINE ~ :carrot: Congratulations on being able to change that ticker! After that NYC trip!

PIXIEFALLS ~ Well HELLO their kiddo! :hug: Long time no see! Glad you are back :) Sorry about your car...man that is quite a walk, I hope it is safe! See you soon.

MINDY ~Angie goes back next Monday, she teaches 6th. that is quite an age jump from K to 4/5th....god luck with that one ;)

TEAM seems to being doing pretty good! Picking up members and gaining support! Just what we are looking for....later :)

blondebritbrat17
08-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Well I expect to be a little more active starting next week and back on my feet more again so hopefully my scale will go down. I got the job!! I am so much less stressed out about money already! My car has cost me over $700 dollars in the past three days then hubby came home with a dental work estimate of $1800 just for him alone and I haven't even gone yet myself! Thanks for all the finger crossing and well wishes guys!!

EZMONEY
08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
I am so happy for you BRAT!!

mtiger
08-07-2008, 09:06 AM
Morning! Internet has been giving me fits this week and I haven't been able to get on. I am hoping I can get in a quick post. There really isn't much to report though. Scale is about the same, just little fluctuations. Haven't gotten back down to 210 though. :( I am planning a nice long walk/jog for tonight. We'll see if that helps. Eating yesterday was kind of bad though. Nachos for lunch and pizza for dinner. Whoops! I'll have to rectify that for today.

I am not going to take a chance with doing personals this morning. But quickly, Yeah Gary, thistoo, pixiefalls, and CD. It sounds like you have all had scale success. Great job to all the walkers and exercisers and on plan people. Keep up the good work. Well here goes nothing, SENDING. Hope it works.

blondebritbrat17
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Thanks EZMONEY! I did have to do a little clothes shopping last night at Lane Bryant for some brown slacks and another pair of black slacks. I prayed that will be my last visit to that store!

Pixie-I know what you mean. 50 degrees in August would seem so strange to me but it sounds like heaven right now lol too.

Mtiger-it worked!Get back on the wagon with me today. I celebrated a little last night due to my good news.

Have a great day everyone! I am up early and I am going to have to get used to being up so early and going to bed at a much earlier time for my new job since I will be expected to be at work and clocked in by 7:15am to help with bus duties at the school.

thistoo
08-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Congratulations, Brit! That is great news. I know how stressful it can be to worry about money, so I'm glad to hear you've got some relief in sight.

And congratulations to Gary on your 170 streak! That's great news.

Pixie: 50 at night? I need to move to Alaska! Though I left Minnesota because of the cold winters so maybe I should just suck up the humidity in Tennessee and get on with it. ;)

I dog sat last night so I wasn't near my beloved scale this morning to weigh in. I did run for 40 minutes last night and then again this morning (well, I walked some of it) so I didn't get in as much exercise as I *should* have, but I didn't skip it entirely, either.

Cinm
08-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Well I stepped on the scale this am and it said 209 I found that hard to believe so I stepped off and back on again 199 and again 205 and again 206 so looks like I need a new scale :mad:Off to buy a new one today god I hope all this time the scale has been wrong and I lost some pounds.

CountingDown
08-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Hi all - a fly-by.
Brit - http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/h/highfive.gif congrats on the job!!!!

Gary - congrats on the weight loss - you are doing FANTASTIC the last couple weeks!

Cin- is it a digital scale? Can you get a new battery?

Caroline - you are doing so well with your running - I'm betting the scale will cooperate :)

mtiger - don't worry if that scale doesn't budge. Nachos and pizza always make me retain water. Hope you enjoyed the walk!

Pixie - brrrr, and I am complaining that the high in in the upper 60s. I think I will keep my MI weather :)

OK, my accountability - 129.2 again this morning. Food choices have been good and been keeping the wine consumption to a moderate level. Overall - it has been a good week :)

Hard to believe that Friday is almost here again!

EZMONEY
08-08-2008, 12:13 AM
170.8 this morning...no time tonight

see you tomorrow....be good!

CountingDown
08-08-2008, 07:44 PM
A fly-by here too - 129.2 again. But "Lakefront Days" have a beer garden - so I'm gonna have to use some of Gary's magic dust to keep me from spending too much time there tonight. ;)

Have a great weekend all!

Hat Trick
08-09-2008, 12:12 PM
Status quo this week; TOM :mad:; feeling like a bloated puffer-fish; must stay strong to get the stupid scale into the next 'decade' of numbers. So close, so close . . .

thistoo
08-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm in the same boat, Hat Trick. TOM started today so I am up to 187.8 and feeling every ounce. :(

EZMONEY
08-09-2008, 09:34 PM
Weighed in at 171.8...inching up a bit but that is my 12th straight day at 171 or lower!

Everyone seems to be doing good

Where is MARGIE?....ahem.....

preetyladyserenity
08-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Hello everyone. I missed you! I spent a lot of time in the library but my dissertation is almost finished and corrected so I am so happy. I had a very good week! Have I ever talked to you about my dissertation? Shall I? It is called "Sweet and Spicy as a Mean of Cultural Otherness in Cyprus, Turkey and India". I mainly focus on how sweet and spicy food was used as a mean of an ideological propaganda to justify British Empire's colonizations. So in other words I was reading recipes all day long.

My great news is that now I am in 107.5 kg and that means that I lost my first five lbs! Yay!!!:carrot::carrot:

Also my new victory in the battlefield called weight loss was when I craved for a snack, went to the library's food stall, got past the cakes and bought *drum roll* an apple!!!

Next week my dad is coming to Leeds and I am taking him to Edinburgh. I know we would have to eat out for the two nights we are going to be there, but there are 2 pros in the whole situation. A. We will get a big breakfast and a really small lunch with fruits (due to the fact that we both can't stomach fast-food) and the restaurants I booked are really good and they have things like steamed salmon, grilled chicken breast, boiled rice and steamed veggies on their menu so I have a healthy choice range. Then dad will help me move out and we will go back to Cyprus together. If I disappear for a while it is because I am trying to adjust to Cyprus again.

Current weight: 107.5 (237 lbs)

Goal weight: 105.2 (232 lbs)

Uncle Gary - 171.8 is, I think, good as long as your are not gaining way more!

thistoo and Hat Trick - I want to join the TOM club.;) Mine is expected on Tuesday.

Brit - Way to go girl! Congrats on getting the job!

EZMONEY
08-10-2008, 10:22 AM
:cp: GREAT JOB NIECE KATERINA :cp:

Your dissertation sounds interesting! I am positive it is an outstanding work! Just as my daughter's work was on her thesis for her recent Masters ;)

You have done awesome things for your health and I know you will continue to do so :hug:

Have a great time with your dad as you prepare to move back to Cyprus :)

:hug: Uncle Gary :hug:

EZMONEY
08-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh yeah almost forgot ~ I was at 171.2 this morning so that makes 13 days in a row 171 or 170 on the scale....which is very good for me!

We went for mexican food last night after Angie's yoga. I had 2 pork, with red sauce, enchiladas, rice and beans...no add-ons!....maybe...OK...for sure....too many chips and salsa...not perfect but better!

blondebritbrat17
08-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Thanks for all the congratulations guys! It means a lot. I go to Orientation on Wednesday and I have to have all this paperwork and proof of my HS diploma and an official college transcript and etc. Yikes and I only got two days notice on to do it since I got the information in the mail from HR last night which was a SATURDAY.. weird. I have been very off the wagon lately since Thursday night. I have had nothing but events and parties to go to and I'm still not done! I have another party to go to this afternoon then another birthday dinner tonight for my mother. Plus everyone I know is so happy for me with this job and wants to go out and celebrate and treat me. Needless to say the weekend is usually a time for me to rest and get organized for the upcoming week and it sure hasn't happened! Have a great Sunday!

CountingDown
08-10-2008, 05:57 PM
OK, Brit - enough partying - back OP ;) It will be important as you start your new job to get into some healthy routines. Change in my schedule is a danger zone for me. It is always a time that it becomes easier to slide away from OP eating.

Gary - WTG! You are doing wonderfully. It really is about better choices. I'm re-reading Faithfully Fit in order to be a diet buddy to another 3FC member who is just starting her journey. The book is a reminder that God gave us food to enjoy - just in moderation.

KATERINA - congrats on getting your thesis done. And good job pre-planning your eating during your Dad's visit.

To everyone else - hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Oh, accountability - 129.0 this morning. :)
I had one beer and shared some kettle corn with DH at the festival. Moderation seems to be working for me too :D

blondebritbrat17
08-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I just got back from the dinner out with my mom and her boyfriend. It didn't end well to say the least. I posted a vent about it on the General chatter Forum. I am proud of how I tried to rectify the situation as fast as possible. But I am sick to my stomach since I am so upset still but at the same time I want to go munch on something which is why I am on here instead.

CD-You're absolutely right! I'll be OP first thing tomorrow morning. That is going to be the nice thing about my job schedule, it will be the same times every single day. I think that will be so helpful to me managing my time better as opposed to when I was working retail and had crazy shifts.

EZMONEY-You're doing fantastic!! WTG!

Katerina-Your thesis sounds interesting like EZMONEY said. And congrats on finishing it. Good luck with your dad and that is so nice him coming to help you move back home!

Have a good night!

mtiger
08-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Well after a week of my internet driving me crazy, and my phone line not working well, I come out on top. We actually were able to get high speed internet. :carrot: It took some work to get it up and running, but now that it is, I'm thrilled. It is fast. I love it.

Now the scale has not been so kind. I am back up to 214 today. I know TOM is coming, but it is still a few days away and shouldn't be causing this much gain. We'll see what happens afterwards. I just can't keep going up and down like this. At some point I have to stay lower. :(

Brit- Have fun at school. Think about me trying to teach a 4/5 split. Yikes!!

Cd- Let us know how the book is. Any other good suggestions?

EZ_ Steady as a rock you are. :^:

Pretty- What a relief to be done, I'm sure. About two years ago I got my masters online. It was a lot of work and boy was I happy to be finished.

See ya all later.

Cinm
08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Hi all,

Well still no scale as I haven't had the time to buy one.I am feeling really good and I do see the difference in some areas.I am going to try and pick one up tomorrow.Well Friday I only got in 3 k on the bike which is all up hill (ughhh) and Saturday was the wedding I didn't have time at all.I didn't eat to much as most of it I didn't like and in dessert I had one piece of cheese cake that I shared with hubby (so pretty good).As for drinks I only had 2 1 baileys on ice 1 tequila sunrise and a glass of Champaign so not to much damage.Sunday I didn't walk or bike but I did carry fire wood and also went swimming.Today I got in 10k on the bike and push ups.Will go for walk after 3k.I find this is week 3 for me and things are getting easier for me I am defiantly eating better and all whole foods.I am not craving sweets or any foods really .I think I am on the right track.Then again I could be just fooling myself and when I get on a scale I could be wrong(I am praying I am not).I have been having a hard time sleeping now I find .I wake up around 5 and feels like I am awake for ever,can this be from the changes I have made?.

Sorry for the long post .

EZMONEY
08-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi TEAM

I have to be quick tonight...weighed in at 171.6 this morning...2 weeks straight at 171 or less!

I am going out of town for work for a couple of weeks or more ~ my brother may have his computer...if he does I will check in...if not...you are all own your own to keep those 5 pounds DROPPING...I CAN ONLY TAKE YOU SO FAR....wink!

BRAT ~ I will check out your other post!

MINDY ~ congrats on high speed!

SCOOTER ~ you DO NOT! amaze me! I know where your strength comes from!

I will be back!...just don't know when!

CountingDown
08-12-2008, 12:12 AM
LOL - another fly-by here too. Busy with work today. I had to present to the school board - thus it was a 15 hour day.

Yes - Gary - I can't imagine success without the strength I get from God. I certainly could not have made these changes on my own. 50 years of trying didn't bring me success - that is for SURE!

128.6 today - a new low :D

But, off to my conference at work with free food, free drink and hopefully lots of hiking to bring balance.

I will post here regardless - hopefully I can draw on that power greater than me to keep me on track!

Have a GREAT Tuesday all!

Margie B.
08-12-2008, 10:08 AM
is everybody in fly-by :angel: status right now? I just have time for a quickie. . . :o

My mom had knee replacement surgery yesterday, all went VERY well, :cp: PTL. .

Back to work today, taking yesterday off was hard, Mondays & Tuesdays are my busiest days but back at it and working on payroll. . . also had air conditioning units stolen (lines cut, units gone!) at one of our buildings so it's kinda crazy. . . :rolleyes:

Not doing well with eating or food choices but have gotten in some bike time and TOM coming. . .

Will try to post more later or perhaps tomorrow

Congrats to the losers, keep moving everyone - Margie

thistoo
08-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I'm around, I'm just in the midst of TOM and feeling sorry for myself, so no one needs to hear me whine about it :) In a couple days I will get over myself and get back on track. My food this week has not been the greatest (there was some chocolate in there), but I've been keeping up with my workouts. So we'll see where I stand once I stop retaining water.

Congratulations to everyone who's holding steady!

cakses
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Ok I am back. Hope you'll take me back, pretty please?

I have 5 to lose, of course. Yesterday I clocked in at 205.4, today it's 202.5. On a mission to get as far away from 200 as possible. My man's coming home within DAYS and of course I know I can't lose it all by then but I want it to continue to come off after he returns. No more slacking!!

blondebritbrat17
08-12-2008, 08:54 PM
So I weighed today and I apparently have not done too much damage to the scale with all of my not OP eating out and etc with all the events I have been to lately in the past week or so. And am actually down 1.2 pounds. Yippee! I was really trying hard on the portion sizes so I guess I was doing something right. I also got to try out the WiiFit today at a friend's house and it is soo neat. I am considering getting one for myself since the treadmill gets pretty boring. Have a great day!

mtiger
08-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Good Morning.

It is a beatiful day here in Mich. Having such nice weather lately, not at all like Aug. usually is. I have been able to workout outside since it is not too hot. I did a quickie litle jog last night. Did a mile in 14 min. Ran almost the whole thing. The big hill on the way home got me though. Then I did some Biggest Loser. By the way I signed up for the BL challenge here. That will be starting right around the time of my 5k's. Good kick off. TOM came a day early and weight is down a pound to 212. I so want to get under 210. A few weeks ago I saw 210 one day and want to get back there and under it. :smug: Root for me this week.

Cinm- Cheesecake!! Oh my that sounds good. I made a fruit pizza last week. All with lowfat ingredients, except the cookie crust. Yummy!!

EZ- We will try to manage without you. Don't stop thinking about us and send some good vibes our way. Have fun.

CD- Congrats on the new low. Send some my way.

Margie- Who would steal air cond? Crazy.

Thistoo- I actually look forward to TOM, in a way. I always lose that week. So true to form, it started today and I am down a pound, 2 actually counting yesterday too. :cool: Sorry it is bad for you. But, it will pass.

Cakses- You and me both. I want to kiss the 200's goodbye so bad it is making me crazy. Not really. I think I was already crazy before. Good luck. Let's just do it.

Brit- YEAH!! Weight loss.

See ya later, with good news to report, I'm sure.

blondebritbrat17
08-13-2008, 07:57 PM
MTiger-WTG on the jog! I want to be 199 again so bad too like you and CAKSES!!

Cinm-cheesecake sounds so good too!

EZ- We will try our best without you!! Keep it up even if you're away!

CD- Congrats on the new all time low.. I wish you would send me some of that my way too!

Margie- So sorry about the AC!! If that happened here right now, the building would probably be closed down or something.

Thistoo-Hang in there!

I got back from Orientation for my job and I think I am going to have a problem I didn't anticipate. FOOD!! I was good though today and refrained especially from all the coca cola that was available. OMG that is my drug. I have to go back tomorrow and get my picture taken for my employee badge and then Friday have another orientation for new hires all day then Monday I actually start with the Teacher's Staff development days. Whew.. in addition to all of the insurance and paycheck stuff and all this information that has to be done by the 29th and turned in!! It's going to be crazy around here for me. But it's a good crazy! Now I'm off to go eat some dinner with my husband and then go to a work event at his job tonight! Toodles!

thistoo
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Brit, pack some single serving Crystal Light flavor packets and lots of healthy snacks, if you can. Crystal Light does not equal Coke, obviously, but it makes drinking water a little more exciting! When I'm stuck in stuff like that I try to keep a Luna bar and some almonds in my purse to stave off starvation. That usually keeps me from diving face-first into any carb-laden spreads that might be around.

Good luck! I am still waiting for my water weight to go away. Of course my food has still not been that great, but I'm working on getting back under control.

blondebritbrat17
08-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Thistoo-Yep that is my plan of action. I guess I will be putting water bottles from now on on my grocery list. We did have two 10 minute breaks and I was really disappointed in what was offered as far as drinks and snacks. There wasn't even water bottles offered so I took the Zero Sprite and got the LAST one and then went to the water fountain for some water and it wasn't too great tasting but I was so thirsty for water I didn't care. What I found ironic was the HR person went on and on about the "wellness" program they have been developing plus a wellness/gym center that is available to the employees for a very LOW price which is great if you happen to live in the town that its in which I don't. Then they were all like "PLUS we have diabetes counseling and nutrition counseling".. But the food and what they offered for drinks was just the opposite message.

Just keep plugging and you'll get back to it!

cakses
08-14-2008, 01:22 AM
Three days OP and a few pounds down. Maybe I will be able to move my ticker soon (because it was UP a few from 200 but I refused to change it lol).

thistoo
08-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Way to go, Cat! I am hoping to follow suit soon enough here.

Brit, the water in this part of Tennessee tastes pretty terrible too. It has this gross chlorine taste, so I go through a lot of Crystal Light at work. I just keep a reusable water bottle in the fridge at work, then and add flavor. I can't say I'm surprised at the lack of healthy options at your orientation (sounds typically clueless), but it's lame that they don't even have water. I keep hoping HR people across the country will practice what they preach, but the ones I tend to deal with keep disappointing me.

Good luck getting through the rest of the week! You're almost there.

Margie B.
08-14-2008, 02:06 PM
I am SOOOOOOO mad :mad: :mad: at myself, I don't even know where to begin. . .haven't been on the bike for 3 or 4 days now, :nono: haven't been watching or staying OP at all, and now of course IT SHOWS!!! :barf: I'm up 4 pounds!! :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :bomb: I get so :kickcan:LAZY when it comes to being accountable, especially to MYSELF! At this rate I'll NEVER get the weight off!

Well, the good news is that I'm back at it today - full force - and hopefully then some! :club: The weather has cooled down a bit, less humidity so I'm going to MAKE MYSELF walk :running: the park tonite AND do the :ebike: bike.

The A/C thing, that's so wierd, apparently the wires were cut on two units and they were hauled off! I initially thought just the wires were cut, some vandalism, but then learned that this is a pretty regular occurrence (according to our ins. co.). The thieves take the whole unit to the recycle/scrap metal yard were they get paid about $300 per unit. I figured they wanted the copper but the scrap yard pays $300 or so, 'as is', - I guess not too bad for the thieves - $600 for about an hour work!

Sounds like everyone has been doing good :exercise: staying OP (EXCEPT ME!), keep it up gang and hopefully I'll follow you shortly. Boy do we miss the :coach: 'COACH' :coach: around here, - sure is quiet without him

Stay OP, keep moving and I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow - Margie

cakses
08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Glad you jumped back on the wagon Margie! It's hard to get back on after taking a few days off but you can do it!

cakses
08-14-2008, 03:03 PM
I saw 200.0 today on the scale. I hope this means onederland tomorrow. I drop the first 10-15 pounds as if by magic, then the real work starts lol. My husband is due home next week from a 15 month deployment and the last time he saw me I was in the 195-200 range, so if I can get back there by next week I won't feel as ashamed that I screwed up so bad the last 2 months lol. In all honesty, as long as I am OP I will be feeling proud of myself.

Meant to add: I am now officially down 5 pounds so thanks EZMONEY for the weight loss "pills" haha. I am looking forward to a lot of 5 pound losses!

Margie B.
08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Cakses! I also hope you see 1-derland tomorrow too! Have a great evening!

mtiger
08-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Can I please see 210ish land tomorrow? Since TOM has arrived I have lost for 3 days now. Tomorrow is weigh-in and I would love to see 210 again. I saw it one day and then *POOF*. Fingers crossed for tom.

Brit- School is starting up for me on Monday. I have to move to a new room and grade, which I don't want to do. Hopefuuly I won't have to stay there, but will be able to go back to kindergarten after school starts. So next week will be moving and planning. The following week is meetings and PD, and Sept. 2, children. Where did summer go? Have fun with your new job.

Thistoo- Yeah for Crystal Light. I love the rasberry lemonade.

I hope everyone sees a number tom. that makes them happy. As much as we say it's not about the number, but about getting healthy and making good choices, you all know how happy we get when the scale is kind.

All report your good news tom. Me too!

pixiefalls
08-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi everyone. :) Welp .. been walking my way to work and recently it's gotten back up to the 70's .. nice and sunny! Except today and yesterday it's been randomly thunder storming. Lol it's pretty weird for Alaska. At least I made it home before it started.:p Also I recently found out that I'm pregnant so this extra walking will help when it comes time for labor and delivery so WOOT!;)

Cakses - yay for being close to onederland! It's been a while since I've been there.. hope to see it again!