Old 06-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 232/204/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Day one!

So today is day one for me! I don't go to meetings because I can't afford it, however, my mother goes to meetings so if I need any guidance she is there to help me. I really like Weight Watchers! It's so much easier for me to follow than South Beach was because I can still eat my favorite foods and not feel guilty!
TehPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:13 AM   #2  

Looks like you've got a good start 20 lbs. already gone!
Was that on South Beach?
kahnfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I love the flexibility of Weight Watchers! Good luck with the new program, Patty!!!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:24 AM   #4  
In Onderland!!!!

S/C/G: 227/227/140

Height: 5'4

Good Luck to you! I have been doing ww since March without going to meetings and I have done just fine. I come here for support and ww questions if I have them!

Last edited by wendymeows; 07-01-2008 at 10:25 AM.
wendymeows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/tickers/127

Height: 5'

Welcome, and best wishes with it! I, too, love the flexibility of WW. I tried the SBD about 3 different times and never made it past about 5 days before quitting. Even though the most restrictive time only lasts 2 weeks, I could just never get past not being able to have fruit, or a bowl of cereal, or a wrap or sandwich for those 2 weeks.

WW is set up in a way that even though I'm stumbling as I'm going, I keep WANTING to get back on-track. I'm not sick of it; I'm not throwing in the towel. I WANT to succeed at it.

The WW board here is GREAT. I am also doing it at-home, and come for the support here. Please lean on everyone here for as much support as you need!

Last edited by luvmyfam; 07-01-2008 at 10:52 AM.
luvmyfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:44 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnfv View Post
Looks like you've got a good start 20 lbs. already gone!
Was that on South Beach?
Surprisingly, that was simply from me packing my lunches instead of eating out every day at work. I would go to the local coney places and fast food joints for lunch just about every day. My mom always had good food in the house for lunches but I always was too lazy to pack mine. Now it's a ritual! And I'm saving a lot of money by doing that as well. Two birds with one stone! I'm thinking with a little more structure and walking/biking more I'll meet my goal a lot easier!!
Old 07-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyfam View Post
Welcome, and best wishes with it! I, too, love the flexibility of WW. I tried the SBD about 3 different times and never made it past about 5 days before quitting. Even though the most restrictive time only lasts 2 weeks, I could just never get past not being able to have fruit, or a bowl of cereal, or a wrap or sandwich for those 2 weeks.

WW is set up in a way that even though I'm stumbling as I'm going, I keep WANTING to get back on-track. I'm not sick of it; I'm not throwing in the towel. I WANT to succeed at it.

The WW board here is GREAT. I am also doing it at-home, and come for the support here. Please lean on everyone here for as much support as you need!
That was my problem with SB too. I LOVE my fruit and whole grain breads and pitas. It was just too hard for me to not be able to eat an apple if I wanted a snack. (Apples are my fav!)