Old 06-30-2008, 06:42 AM   #1  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Default W.O.W July 4th Smackdown to Fat Freedom ~ Week 5!

I just realized this is the last week of this challenge! What will be the next challenge?
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:20 AM   #2  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 318/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Yikes! It is the last week of the challenge! It FLEW by! How about a Labor Day challenge next? The date is Sept 1st, which is 9 weeks to the day. With my vacation within that time! I think I had a 4th of July ticker but when the site went kablooey that one time it went back to the "no short term goal, just get back on track" and pretty much that's where I was at that time anyway. I think my goal was 240 or 245 but came no where near it. I am lower than my current ticker though!

Robert(8) was sick this weekend, sinus infection with drainage to throat and upset stomach/vomitting/fevers/whining. So even though it was my weekend off, not much rest for us, getting up about every two hrs. Not to mention my chronic insomnia, both nights getting up at 2 for medicene and gatorade and puke pans meant me not able to get back to sleep, staying up til 6 or 7 both mornings. I'm off til tomorrow night though. So we're just laying around mostly.

W- 3-4 liters
E- gym today! get some exercise back into the mix! I think I'll do both upper and lower body, just hit all the big muscle groups today, get that all-over feeling
E- need to plan.....just ate my Fiber one cereal......????
D- Try to rest up, take care of sick Robert, relax, get the grocery shopping going, fresh veggies/fruits stocked up.

xoxoox michelle
NurseMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #3  
aka Sarah

S/C/G: 289/193/159

Height: 5'7"

Nchelle - Poor Robert I hope he gets over it quickly and you are able to get some rest. Having sick little ones is so exhausting, physically and emotionally.

I also think a Labor Day challenge would be a fine and dandy thing.

Me today - I have SOOOOOOO many projects at work right now, important stuff. Fun stuff, too...but challenging...must get my booty in gear and get cracking! I'm fantasizing about taking up partner dancing as a serious hobby. It's hard to figure out how, with small kids at home, though. But mmm, if I could just dance 3 to 5 times per week...

W - 80ish oz
E - South Beach / Superfoods / NO SUGAR / light on the grains today.
E - 3 hours of NEAT at my desk, 100 pushups challenge routine at home.
D - What a day for a daydream! And what a day for working toward making dreams come true.
WarMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Can't believe this is the last week of this challenge. Not sure if I'll join the next one or not. Just feeling dieted and challenged out. I kept saying I was working on lifestyle but I think I've been dieting the whole time. Anyway, got my exercise in for the day. Better go change that ticker!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #5  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Labor day's the next holiday...unless we want to do something earlier..perhaps Hot August Nights? dunno.

I am exhausted...and what kicks me in the butt.....the guys came this morning to do the carpet....low and behold there are hardwood floors under all that gross carpet *whine*

the only redeeming quality I see for carpet (that we already paid for) is that my dog has issues with hardwood floors, so the carpet is better for his sake. What a mess. I feel stupid
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #6  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

hi guys, forgive my typing i have a groggy son on one arm. tommys dental work went ok, we r now in recovery mode. he had to go under a general anesthesia for fillings. birthday girl is exhausted, i am making her nap.

i have struggled all weekend the scale shows it. not happy, but i knew it would be a tough weekend.

michelle i hope robert gets better soon.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 05:05 PM   #7  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

groggy son....at least you can lay him down at some point, otherwise your arm will be numb like mine
Old 06-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #8  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey you guys, what's happening here? It sounds like we are losing people and everyone is losing motivation. We have got to do something here. Let's get pumped up and get those scales moving. Yes, we need another challenge, but let's make it different somehow. It has to be more fun and inspiring. Any ideas? I'll be thinking about this.

My scale was up again today and I could let that get me really down, but I am not going to let it win. I am eating right and as soon as I get off here I am going to workout. Maybe I'll even work out longer, go further etc. This fat beast will not ruin my life. I will overcome. One day at a time.

YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH, AND YOU DESERVE TO SUCCEED!!

Come on girls. Join me in fighting the fat monster and kicking it's butt.
My little pony on my ticker has almost reached the finish line. Once he does, I need to start a new race. We will overcome. Come on Aud- gice us a tune. Strike up the band.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 PM   #9  
Calorie Counter

HolyT I wish I could put him down. I held him until about 4 (from what 11?) he is recovered now from everything but his IV. He is still crying about that.

Mindy I didn't lose motivation this weekend, just didn't plan. Planning is starting again tomorrow. That is my key. I couldn't workout today because of Tommy but back to the gym on Wed (I work tomorrow). I am really pumped because 8 days of OP and I lost 2.5 pounds. 3 days of off plan I gained, but I am thinking it is more of my normal monthly fluctuations. I am not put off I'm excited to start again!

Something fun for the challenge? HMMMM I need to think hard on that
Old 06-30-2008, 09:35 PM   #10  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jcat- Yep, you are one of the people who is staying on top of it and keeping your motivation up. GOOD FOR YOU!! It is working too, isn't it? You keep inspiring people. I just got back from my jog/walk. I thought I would just walk but I got bored so I started jogging. Ended up jogging about 2 miles and walking one. I did one jogging segment that must have been .7/mile. YEAH!!

Didn't mean to sound negative, just worried. Okay, I am back in the right frame of mind.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:48 AM   #11  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default I would never leavie the WEEDIE!

Just super busy this weekend, 9 hour days started today. Was enjoying peaceful gab with BF and some TV watching tonight for the first time in a week. Loved the love stories.... and although I already shared some in the last post...

BF found me at a Baseball Booster club meeting when my DS was in High school. Chased me for a year by phone. I finally gave in. Best thing I ever did! He was at the meeting representing the Bass Club who was sponsoring a fund raiser derby for the kids. Always wore "BOOYAA" clothing so he was known as Booyaa Boy and us old ladies giggled about his great teeth for a year before he finally convinced me to give him a shot! Okay enough.

I'm up for Labor Day challenge. I think another short one and then maybe a nice long one to Turkey day would be fun. Just a thought.

Hope all the sleepy, sicky babies and adults get their rest and are up and better soon. I gotta hit the sack, but I'll definitely regroup and check in tomorrow. STAY STRONG LADIES!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:00 AM   #12  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

I hear that girls! I doubt I get to bed early but I'm working on it. Poor DH is asleep on the couch.....the carpet looks great!! We got the couches in, and I said "well don't you think we should head to Costco for the flatscreen?" in a joking manner....DH said "yeah we should!!" and then we both proceeded to crash out on the couches LMAO!!!!! he's still asleep, I'm working on schoolwork. I'll grab a late dinner and go to bed hopefully within the hour. My workout stuff's all clean and ready to go, my problem is getting food where it should be
Old 07-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #13  
Calorie Counter

As far as exercise goes, June wasn't the best month for me. I ran when I worked out but didn't work out as much as I should have. July will be the best month for me. I am going to workout hard all month long. I want to be down 10 more pounds by my anniversary. Scale is back to being my friend Back down this morning (yes I did a 2 am weigh in,) So I blame my lack of water over the last few days for my gain.

Ok
W 64 oz
E try for extra laps, but we are down for a clean today plus I have 1 four hour class then a 2 hour meeting. fun fun fun.
E1200 on plan calories.
Dstay on plan.

Mindy we could set exercise goals, or do weekly exercise challenge, or we could give something up (personal choice) like sugar, soda, bread, or something that hard for us to not eat.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #14  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

awww grazie . . . know what you mean about the "diet" mindset but will hate to cya go! I googled a song for "grazer" & didja know there is actually a GROUP with that name?? (jlea might?) - had a song called "Giving Up The Ghost" and another called "Plastic Planet" - but couldn't get the words.

What I always have liked about WEED is the no pressure type group going on here & the emphasis on just doing better than I'd do w/o the water/exercise/eating and daily affirmation - on my way to becoming more intuitive and in touch with my bod, ya know?

With that thought in mind . . . here's some:

Natalie Imbruglia

Intuition

Everybody's been in my face
Tellin' me I gotta make a change
All I ever hear day and night is
You better hurry up and get a life
I need some direction
'Cause the clock is tickin' away
Then a friend of a friend of mine
Says I've really been on his mind
And wants to go out and
check out what the feelin's about
Says we have a deep connection
Well it sure is news to me
And all I can say is
Intuition tells me how to live my day
Intuition tells me when to walk away
Could have turned left
Could have turned right
But I ended up here
Bang in the middle of real life
Then another one always says
she'd do anything to get ahead
She doesn't care if she has to scratch and
claw to get in the floor
She wants her 15 minutes of fame and
20 would be nice
But I guess it's her life
'Cause Intuition tells me that I'm doin' fine
Intuition tells me when to draw the line
Could have turned left
Could have turned right
But I ended up here
Should have turned left
But I turned right
But I ended up here
And I feel alright
You make it hard for me
Can't find the real you
You really think I can't see
What is that you're trying to do
Do Do Do Do Da Da Da Na Na Na . . .
Intuition tells me how to live my day
Intuition tells me when to walk away
Could have turned left
Could have turned right
But I ended up here
Should have turned left
But I turned right
But I ended up here
And I feel alright
I feel alright
I feel alright
I feel alright
I feel alright
I feel alright
YES ! I feel alright . . .
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #15  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Thanx Auddie.........makes me feel better knowing that you feel similar to me when it comes to this group