UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:27 AM   #1  

Talking Shooooes! (Well sandals) Look what i got!

I'm a big convert to Earth shoes - have two pairs of trainers, two pair of their shoes, and as for half an hour ago - a pair of these:

http://www.lovethoseshoes.com/cart/p...93&RangeID=119

(Don't worry I didn't pay THAT much for them - I always get mine from the Clearance/Bargain Basement section of the site!)

The shoes and trainers are supposed to help you burn upto three times more calories than walking in normal shoes - I dunno if that's the case but I've been a lot more toned and have a lot less cellulite in the past 6 months since wearing them. They have 'negative heels' which means the heel of your foot actually sits lower than the toes which affects the posture of your whole body. Only trouble is I now can't bear to wear heels or anything that puts my heel higher - as when you get used to these they are more comfortable than anything else!

The Clearance part of the site is constantly changing, so you have to keep an eye on it for bargains your size. They do half sizes (great for me as I'm a five and a half and they are getting harder to find in the shops) but also go down to tiny sizes and up to larger than in most UK shops. They come really beautifully packaged and you get little cotton pump bags for them (which we use to store our re-enactment shoes in - handy!)

Once you have ordered from them they send you emails with special offer codes - I got a pair of £110 trainers for thirty squid a few months back. The trainers work me so hard that I only wear them when running once a week - but I wear my other pair all the time for walking about and I'm used to them.

I have also got some Masai Barefoot Trainer sandals which aren't as pretty as the Earth ones but very comfortable if freaky looking. Have to say I have totally stopped wearing all my other shoes!

Thought I'd post here because for those of you who go running - or have any interest in fitness - I'm finding these make a big difference definitely to my bum and leg muscles and even having better posture, you look 10lb lighter! The trainers are great as I say for training in but I wouldn't run a race in them they really do work your legs hard!

Last edited by PhatPhoenix; 06-30-2008 at 06:29 AM.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 07:27 PM   #2  
Likes to eat.....

S/C/G: 196/160/138

Height: 5ft 5 inches

Nice sandals! i'm gonna spare up for a pair of boots but not the earth ones, I have flat feet and need a heel! As it is I get cramps in my feet at night. The Asgi ones look nice to me so i'll keep an eye on the cleareance Thanks for the tips!
Jella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:17 AM   #3  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

I've seen the trainers, I think they're supposed to help with a more upright posture and make walking use quite alot more effort.

Though I have to say I've heard this kind of shoes designed to burn more calories can be bad for you long term - I think they can affect the back or something similar?
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 AM   #4  

Ah Spoz I never heard that but the odd thing is I've had a mystery bad back for years but no more pain since I swapped to negative heels. Which makes me think they'e doing me some good, but maybe they might not be good for everyone!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #5  
Silver Surfer

They look really comfortable. I'm one of those people who hate buying shoes. I know exactly what type I like but I can never find them when I need them. I don't like wearing a whole shoe. I like the sandal style, even in winter. I'm now looking for something more comfortable to walk long distances in. I was going to buy some trainers but I'm 58 and think they might look a bit silly on me. Time to go shoe shopping I think.
Etta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #6  

Etta they won't look silly on you - everyone wears them! I'm 46 and I wear them without a second thought! The black or grey ones don't scream 'trainer' so obviously, anyway!
Old 07-06-2008, 08:41 AM   #7  
Silver Surfer

Thanks. I'll have a look around when I'm out shopping tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Ebay has lots of earth shoes...
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:31 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

Etta my mum is in her 60s and she walks a lot so she wears trainers and looks perfectly stylish in them so don't worry!

Also have a look at walking boots, they're comfortable like trainers and look good. My mum wears hers with jeans or combats.
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:38 AM   #10  
Silver Surfer

mimzy,

Thanks. Haven't got any yet but I will.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:37 AM   #11  
Likes to eat.....

S/C/G: 196/160/138

Height: 5ft 5 inches

I finnaly bought a pair http://www.lovethoseshoes.com/cart/p...55&RangeID=107 it took me ages to pick out a pair they are all nice! in the end I did go for the earth brand because I have weak ankles and that climbing motions always hurts so this should help me out. I think these can be worn with anything so thats why I choose them, lets just hope the rain stops!!!
Jella is offline   Reply With Quote