100 lb. Club - Accountability/Menu/Planning - Week of June 30 - July 6

Beverlyjoy
06-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Do you need accountability? Support? A place to post your menu or your workout plan? Or, do you just need to chat? Please join us on this weightloss journey

Beverlyjoy
06-30-2008, 05:34 AM
Hi...yesterday, at the last minute, we were invited to my cousins for a BBQ. Dinner was fine, however, I ate dessert and more later. Today - I am planning for an OP day.

journal food
meditate
stretches
lots of water
PMA

breakfast - egg white scramble with ketchup, pnb toast, 1/2 banana
lunch - open faced turkey pastrami and lite cheese on ww bread, brocoli
snack - applesauce, cheese
dinner - sloppy joes on bread, spaghetti squash with parm
snack - oatmeal, 1/2 banana, milk

Have a great day!

TamTam
06-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Well had a great weekend, especially after having loss 2.5 pounds last week and hubby is down 1.75! Here is my menu for today:

9am and 2pm:
oatmeal
raisins
milk

7-8pm
baked chicken
yams
and a veggie
did not get to walk this morning due to rain. Will try again tomorrow.

mj5
06-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Good Morning! I am down 1lb, I was hoping for more, but it's ok--a loss is a loss!

So far so good today--already drinking water. I need to eat my breakfast--a habit I have gotten away from, which isn't good!!

I am going to the gym right after work--arms/shoulders and cardio.

Have a great on plan day!

Darkblue
06-30-2008, 10:08 PM
Am doing some "intuitive eating" this week, so we'll see how it goes. I spent a couple hours walking around doing shopping today, so I doubt we'll go walk tonight.

Let's hope everyone starts off well for a great July!

mj5
07-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Good Morning! I didn't do my planned workout yesterday, but I did 30 intense minutes on the bike instead--I was sweating up a storm! Tonight I will do yesterdays planned workout.

Have a great day!

mj5
07-01-2008, 02:16 PM
How is everyone doing? It's pretty quiet around here!

Schmoodle
07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi chickies, I haven't abandoned you. I was in my class all last week and had realllly long days, so not time to post. The family picked me up Friday afternoon and we spent the weekend at the beach, very relaxing and much-needed! Tomorrow morning DH leaves for Japan, so we have been scrambling to get things done. I hope tomorrow I'll be able to get back into my menu planning routine, but I have done well with food, not so great with exercise. I did manage to lose a lb, but it was the only one I lost in June. Food gets simpler when DH is away, so that should be helpful to my efforts. Also good motivation to rev things up so I can have made some progress by the time he gets back. He'll be away 4 months, so I'm hoping for 15 lbs by then. Seems like it should be do-able!

mj5
07-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Schmoodle--Thanks for popping in! So glad you were able to get in a weekend at the beach...that sounds SO nice! Wow, Japan for 4 months, that's a long time. I konw you can do 15 in that time!

Schmoodle
07-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Good morning chicks! I've just seen DH off and after a couple of crazy weeks, I'm ready to get back into my routine of daily menu planning. Here's today:

B - High protein strawberry smoothie, coffee with milk
S - Lowfat cheese stick, V8
L - Black bean soup (lots of veggies in it) with reduced fat cheese and nonfat sour cream on top
S - latte, celery with LCLC
D - Leftover steak and salad with sliced tomatoes

Whew, that was tough, since I haven't been shopping for almost two weeks!
Today I have the house to myself most of the day, which is rare. I plan to exercise, get a couple of washes hung on the line, and lots of work to do, of course. I may work on Friday, haven't decided yet, but no big plans for the holiday. If it's nice, maybe half a day, then hang out at the pool with the kids. Hope your hump day is sunshiney!

BJ, that turkey pastrami is yummy!
Hi and welcome CC, don't believe we've "met". whew, that is a strict menu! Do you eat snacks too?
mj, I am not a breakfast eater, but I force myself. I find it's so much easier to stay on plan the days I've had a good breakfast. The days I don't I want to snack all day.
Hi blue! Good to "see" you! I've missed you chicks!
How are things going Rhonda?

Beverlyjoy
07-02-2008, 07:50 AM
Hi friends...I missed coming yesterday - had tummy ache and a busy day. I didn't get to the computer much.

Plans for today:

breakfast - cottage cheese and fruit, toast
lunch - HC mac and cheese, green beans
snack - yogurt and crackers
dinner - eggs and toast, fruit
snack - oatmeal, raisins, milk

Schmoodle - so glad you had a good weekend. :) I think your goal is doable. Go girl!!!

Mj- time on your bike is great exercise!!! :D That's good.

Dark blue - I have several friends that are intuitive eaters. :) It's a good concept.

CathlicCajun - congrats on your weightloss!! :carrot:

Shout out to Rhonda! :)

Have a great day.

mj5
07-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone! Another super busy day here, but wanted to pop in quick and say hi before the day gets away from me!

Darkblue
07-02-2008, 02:36 PM
I'm just weirdly not hungry this week, so that's a good thing.

Today--breakfast--one whole wheat english muffin with tsp butter and 2 tsp jam, 1C skim milk, hot tea
lunch--fresh peach from farmer's market, 2 eggs scrambled with fresh chopped tomato, handful of spinach, chopped mushroom, one deli-thin slice of ham, and 1tbs cheddar, sooo good
760 calories so far

mj5
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Darkblue--Hmmm, maybe you have found the right plan for you w/ intuitive eating?

Schmoodle--I know, I do much better all day when I eat breakfast. I think part of the problem is the new med I am on. I am going to have to make myself eat something tasty (even if I have to find a non-breakfast food that sounds good!).

So far I am totally on plan today w/ a healthy dinner planned. I see my dr again tomorrow to check in to see how the meds are doing. Honestly, some days are pretty good, some days almost worse. So, I'll see what he says.

Ok, I really need to finish my grocery list!

Beverlyjoy
07-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Hi....I'll try and get here when I can the next few days. We are having a big party for my mom's 85 birthday. Folks are coming from around the country...starting tonight & will be here thru Monday.

Have a good and healthy weekend!

math puppy
07-04-2008, 10:11 AM
hey gang!! i got my orange belt!! whooo hooo!

its a little snug, and my sifu would have ordered me a bigger one, but... i didnt want to give it up! in my school its a tradition to pass down our belts, and i really liked the person who had it before me, also i thought that it would be the best motivator for staying on plan i could think of! hee hee.
all of you have a great fourth!!

love,love!
mathpuppy

ps. ticker went from 259to255 :)

mj5
07-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi everyone!

math puppy--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so proud of you! Orange belt and a 5lb loss you totally ROCK!!!! Great job!

Beverlyjoy--Have a great weekend!

I saw my dr yesterday and he increased my med slightly which I am happy with. If that doesn't do the trick, he will put me on the one I was one a few years ago (long story, but I was having some hormonal issues and ended up a complete mess!). So, overall I am pleased.

I am super happy to have the weekend off w/ my dh! Later we are going to visit some friends and tomorrow will spend the afternoon with family. I will try to pop in here and there, though.

Oh, I almost forgot! I am down 2lbs! I have to go change my ticker!!!

Have a great on plan day!

math puppy
07-06-2008, 02:20 AM
thanx mj!!
looks like everyone had a very busy weekend! hope it was also fun!
my 4th was fun, we went to the park and had a picnic along with some odd thousand other ppl. when it finally got dark the whole park was soooooooo packed there wasnt even a walk way through the grass anymore, seriously sardine packed! but it was a pretty show they had there, they even had music that matched the fire works perfectly!

i have to admitt that my eating didnt go so well that day, i was so sure i could resist the cookies that where brought but i must of had at least 4 of them. blaah!

well im on track eating wise today and im feeling that this weeks workouts are going to be awsome!

Mj- congrats on more weight lost! You are doing great! Yea it has been quite here latly, and this is coming from one of the quiet ones! Lol, I just been real busy, and kinda bla latly, but im feeling pretty good this weekend. Have a happy Sunday

Bevjoy- have fun at your party!

Darkblue- isnít the body funny? You can be satisfied some times, and want to inhale every scrap of food in front of you the next!

Darkblue
07-06-2008, 09:17 AM
'Morning, ladies! The day dawns sunny and hot here. We have a lot of yard work to do, so maybe I'll lose a pound. :dizzy: We had a good 4th of July, saw a lot of family, had good food. I haven't gained anything, so I'm pleased with that.

Mathy Puppy--SERIOUS congratulations on the orange belt! :carrot: That totally rocks, and I bet it felt awesom!

Beverly--hope the birthday party goes well! That sounds like fun.

Mm5--two pounds down, whoot! :cb: Have a good weekend!

Schmoodle--how are things?

Schmoodle
07-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi chicks, still hanging on by my toenails!
DH left Wednesday, Thursday, my vacuum broke, my computer crashed, and my phone line started having issues. On top of it, we had a serious safety issue at work and I spent all day Weds and Thurs trying to deal with it - not easy since all the govt folks started checking out for the weekend about noon on Thursday. After being in class all the previous week and away at the beach last weekend, I felt like I was running as fast as I could and still losing ground. So I spent most of this weekend catching up on stuff around the house, cleaning, laundry, groceries, cooking ahead for the week. Feeling a little more on top of things today, and plan to catch up on paperwork and other office stuff. Hope things will settle down a bit over the next couple of weeks and the kids and I can get into our no-Dad routine.

On the brighter side, food has been on-plan and I think I am down a couple of lbs, but I'll wait a few days to make it official and change my ticker. My goal for July is to get into the 170's, and I just may make it this month!

Here's my today:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, hard boiled egg, coffee with milk
S: V8
L: Tuna salad with lettuce, grape tomatoes, and steamed green beans
S: chocolate cheesecake smoothie
D: Taco Bake over steamed green beans
S: ?

mathpuppy, congrats on your scale and non-scale victory! You rock!
darkblue, hope you get a good yard workout. We have been very gloomy and rainy here all weekend. Enjoy your sun!
mj, 2 lbs, woo-hoo!:carrot:
Bev, Happy Birthday to mom, and enjoy the family!
Where is Rhonda, do we need to send the chick police out to find her?

math puppy
07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
omg schmoodle!!! thats like somthing out of a cartoon like the simpsons or the family guy!! lol, unreal! glad you feel more on top. im cheerleadering for 170's!! rah rah rah

darkblue- as far as im concerned, maintaining is always a victory!! hee hee :D

mj5
07-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi everyone! Having kind of a lazy day w/ dh today and it feels great! Oh, this is soooooo awesome....my gm noticed that I have been losing weight yesterday! She is usually pretty critical of my sis and I (in her own "nice" way) of our weight and she knows how much we both struggle....so for her to notice and give me a compliment is HUGE!

math puppy--you are welcome. I know you worked hard for it. Your 4th sounds fun. My eating wasn't so great on the 5th, but it was WAY better than it could have been.

Darkblue--Glad to hear you had a good 4th. Thanks!

Schmoodle--YIKES! I hope everything workd out at work! Glad you are starting to feel a little more on top of things! I KNOW you can hit the 170's! Thanks!

Schmoodle
07-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Good morning chicks! Is it manic Monday or marvelous Monday for you?
Plan for the day:
B: oatmeal breakfast bars, hardboiled egg, coffee with milk
L: stuffed zucchinni, steamed green beans, V8
S: strawberry smoothie
D: crabcakes, steamed green beans, salad with dressing
S: NSA fudgesicle

Most important: WATP at lunch, swimming after dinner if not raining.
Have a good on-plan day, friends!