Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 11:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ June 30 - July 6

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:08 AM   #2  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

thanks for closing the previous thread, harpo! otherwise - I'd still be posting there, like every week, LOL

Hope all of ya are doing well!!
Old 06-30-2008, 07:23 AM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Today is day 15 for me.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Hi, all.

Unfortunately I ate too much on prom night..how typical.. But I stopped before it turned into a binge, and still managed to have a good time. Actually the whole night and the morning after were really fun, I'm glad I went. Here's a picture of my dress because I liked it so much:
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...73619_3722.jpg
I'm the red one.

I hope this is a good week for everyone.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #5  
Keep Chuggin'

Mongoose - you look great! Did you have a wonderful time? Pray tell - I'll have a vicarious prom, LOL
Old 06-30-2008, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

We stayed at the reception thingie until 11pm, then a group of about 10 of us went visiting all of our favourite and most beautiful places of Old Montreal - this horse helped us, isn't her hat adorable:
http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/n...ent=horsie.jpg
At 3am some of us went to my friend's house for the sleepover. We'd been planning to put on face masks and other girly stuff, but we all fell asleep while watching a movie - so we just did it the next morning after breakfast.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

What a beautiful dress, mongoose! It's very elegant! (Not to mention a pretty lady was wearing it!)

Well, I had a bad weekend, food wise. My husband didn't help with that too much.

Well, I am starting fresh, and going to consider this (hopefully) day 1 of my binge free-ness.

My binge eating is so irregular. I can go for weeks, or months...and then hit a bad patch where I want to eat everything in site for a week, you know?

Well, here is to day 1...
Old 06-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #8  
Keep Chuggin'

mongoose - sounds like fun, and I live the devilly hat, LOL

aphil - day 1 is always the hardest.... you can do it! and then you'll have a whole day already under your belt
Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Day 24. When I get to 31 days (one month) I'll have to figure out another reward!

kittycat40- hooray for a binge free weekend!

Miriam- you have to remind me what day you are up to now

WardHog - for day 15.

mongoose - you and your friends look so beautiful!!!

aphil- I can totally relate to what you are saying - some days are sooooo easy. Others . . . horrible!

I am doing very well This week I will weigh in on Thursday morning before we head out on our trip since I won't be able to weigh myself while out of town. I have been walking, walking, walking!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 AM   #10  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks!
Yes, it is easy to get sucked into a feeling of well being and then just as the guard against the binge monster is let down... the monster strikes and leaves me with my head a spinning...

well, my guard is on high. I'm feeling antsy and stressed about life and children and work and ... oh- it's all the usual. again- - guard on red alert.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 PM   #11  
Queen of the World

S/C/G: 256/256/190

Height: 5 feet 8 inches

I'm up for the challenge for a binge free week. Yesterday my husband made the most amazing homemade, deep fried corn dogs and each one had to be a thousand calories apiece. (I really couldn't figure out how many calories it had in it but oh well.) I couldn't get enough of them, and the fritters, and ended up eating enough calories for three days. This led to me eating a bunch of other stuff that I didn't really want but felt somehow I needed. I woke up this morning with a deep fried hang over. Do you guys get hang overs after you binge? Anyway, here's to day one of a binge free week. I hope to lose five pounds before I go to Alaska on the 10th. It's going to be work, but I think I'm up to it.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Thumbs up

Today will be my third binge free day It feels so good. I'm battling exhaustion and feeling VERY fat - which doesn't feel so good. But it's okay, because I know that things will get better with time.

For every week or weekend that I spend binge free, I am buying myself a fresh batch of flowers. I close for the next two days, so this weekend's reward will have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait!

mongoose - You and your friends look gorgeous! I love your dresses

writermom46 - Yes, I do get a hangover every time! It feels AWFUL.
Wow, Alaska! That sounds amazing
Old 06-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #13  

First binge free day for me (: Though I haven't started to exercise and or tried to lose weight just yet... I want to go through a binge free week first, and then I'll start on that mission. It feels like I need to get a healthy view on how much is normal to actually eat, before I start to count my calories (as it is my plan to do).

And moongoose, you all look absolutely stunning! Makes me wish you had school proms in Sweden. Plus a big applause for yet another binge free day for everyone - you're a huge inspiration for me. <3
Old 07-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #14  
Walking away the weight

Day 25!

Hang in there, Kittycat

writermom- welcome to day one I like to think of day one as a fresh start.

Penelope- I love your flower idea!

Hi, Tristan - welcome to the group So you are in Sweden?

DS and I need to buy dog food and some other things before our big trip this weekend. Some of the items we need mean going to Walmart; where I am sure DS will weasel his way into a Spiderman sticker book he saw there a few weeks ago . . .

Sunday and Monday were really easy days for me without many cravings. I am hoping I can keep my head on straight during our big 4th of July trip.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #15  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Loveliam, rockin, huh momma?
I'm holding tight-- just checking in for some additional support.
Congrats to all posters.

I feel like just visiting this thread helps get my head on a little straighter.
Closed Thread