Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #1  
GardenMaiden

S/C/G: 230

Height: 5'4"

Default A Newbie talk on the Book Weightloss Protocal

I got that Weightloss Protocal book at the half-price book store and I read the book. Has anyone read the book? I want to know what your intake is on it and also the other books of Natural Cures. I am a little skeptical of the things he has listed to do. I have done some changes he suggested like putting a water filter on my fauct and shower head, which I did notice a slight difference and it did clear the sulfur odor from my shower and I have been drinking gallon of water and drinking the teas. I have some of these changes improve in myself.

He also take about Colon Therapy, has anyone done that? I might do that. I like hearing from previous exprience, if anyone has any..
gardenmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Sounds interesting....never heard of it. I have read Dr. Phil's book on weight loss....The Seven Keys to Weightloss Success...or something like that...I was very good and informative....I have the "You Staying Young Book" by Dr. Oz....trying to read it but I'm so busy

McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #3  
GardenMaiden

I have read the Dr. Phil's book and I like the evaluation, it helped. The Weightloss Protocal the biggest thing following these phases, taking an HCG injection and eating everything organic. I found that a little hard, because organic is a little bit more pricy than process foods. I would love to eliminate process, but the author is right you have to go too a whole foods store to get most of the groceries, because big name stores, like Rainbow, they just have a little section of organic foods.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #4  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Haven't read the book, but I'm always somewhat leery of approaches that call for things like filtered water, colonic irrigation, injections of odd substances, and so on. There are simply easier ways to lose, IMO. But maybe some of our other members have different opinions.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:39 PM   #5  
it's always something

It's dangerous. It's an extremely restrictive diet of 500 calories a day, combined with HCG shots. HCG shots for weight loss is illegal in the US. Also, an extensive study showed that the use of HCG was no more effective than the 500 calories alone. You're still starving your weight off and risking your health.

It really is the WORST diet we've encountered.

Colon therapy is also not recommended unless you have a medical condition and your MD says it's necessary. Otherwise, it's useless and potentially dangerous and has no real benefits, according to some of the most widely respected experts in the medical industry.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #6  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenmaiden View Post
I have done some changes he suggested like putting a water filter on my fauct and shower head, which I did notice a slight difference and it did clear the sulfur odor from my shower
I'd also like to mention that he recommends just enough widely known true tactics in his book so that it's easy to believe the rest is also true. It's a marketing tactic which can fool anyone.

I'm sorry to sound so negative about his book(s) but this man has been in so much legal hot water for scams that it's honestly scary. Unfortunately, he can't be legally prevented from publishing books and he spends massive amounts of money on marketing them.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #7  
GardenMaiden

I am also leery about the injections and some of the other medical things it suggest.