Atkins - Hit a freeze point...

View Full Version : Hit a freeze point...

RissaIsAFatty
06-29-2008, 02:14 PM
:(Hey guys! I hit a stall. I think I know why, but it's still kinda depressing. I've still been doing really good. Sticking with induction rules and exercising a lot. I think it's cuz Aunt Flow is visiting right now, but I could be wrong. I have an appointment to see the doc tomorrow, so I guess we'll see. Just wondering if any of you ladies ever experienced a stall while Aunt Flow was visiting you?

mescelestus
06-29-2008, 02:43 PM
are you kidding? your menstrual time of month could not only "stall" you, but you could gain up to 7 lbs in water weight! Not to mention that your body works/reacts differently during that time of the month. i wouldn't worry about it, and i would expect things to be back to normal two days after "aunt flow" has departed. were i you, i wouldn't bother weighing myself during that time, because mine is coming up and i don't want to hear what the scale has to say about it!

RissaIsAFatty
06-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Thanks so much for the response! I thought that it might be what was causing the problem, but I wasn't for sure. So far, from what you said, I've been lucky. I've only gained about a pound, but "she's" only been here for about 3 days, so we'll see! Thanks again!

mescelestus
06-29-2008, 03:03 PM
you're more than welcome! there are threads somewhere around here about the subject too, should you wish to research further...but i don't remember where they are.

snapless
06-29-2008, 09:28 PM
Yes, Auntie "Flow" can have some detrimental effects on what you see on the scales AND even the measurements you take.

Do try to avoid the scales for this period of time. If you are anything like me it will only depress you.