Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-28-2008, 10:15 PM   #1  

Default AchievOne Protein

Hey Everyone, im a recent post op and looking for a community to talk to.

I'm Currently looking for good tasting protein drinks. I see that alot of people are in love with AchievONE. Have any of you guys tried it. After shopping around online i have found that <--linkosuction--> has the cheapest prices. They are a bit pricey but if they taste as amazing as everyone says, than i can justify the cost.

edited by admin - no links please
jessk901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 AM   #2  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Hi! Protein Shakes are a challenge...I found the EAS are good, the nectar brand is good...but have never settled for how they are packaged. I add SF syrups and spices to mine, there are some great recipes out there but watch out for sugar alcohol. I like to mix things up so I'm not bored. I was told to make sure that they contain a kind of protein called a "protein isolate" not all of them do.

Good luck to you!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-29-2008 at 12:19 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

I haven't tried the AcheivONE, because I'm still trying to get down some of the stuff that I bought at the beginning of all of this. I have tried the following and rated the best from top to bottom:

Designer Whey: Pomegranate Fruit and of course our GNC stopped carrying it!
Nectars: Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade
Mattrix: Chocolate,Vanilla and Cookies and Cream
Lean Body: Chocolate Ice Cream
PVL: Radical Raspberry. It is just okay, but not much raspberry flavoring
EAS: Chocolate

I sampled the Chikes and really liked them but very pricey. I absolutely hated the Nectars Tea-lemonade. I like Monin SF syrups and that helps me get more flavor in the protein shakes. I've decided no matter what kind you get; it is still a protein flavor!!! LOL!!

Good luck in your search and welcome!
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #4  
ShrinkingPamelalala

S/C/G: 271/179/155ish

Height: 5'7'

The Achieve Ones are great, but I can't afford them. I make my own. I posted the recipe on my blog the other day, let me go copy it...

1/2 c. fresh expresso
1 c. LF milk (I use Hoods calorie countdown)
1/2 packet of Labrada Low Carb Protein mix in chocolate ice cream flavor
1 or 2 packets of sweetener
ice cubes

You need cooled expresso for this but it only takes a little while to cool off or make some up and keep in the fridge. Throw everything in a blender and blend it up. I don't like it real thick so I only use a few ice cubes, it's up to you. 28 g of protein in it.

When I don't want or need the protein I make a regular frap. I do it 2 ways, either with fresh brewed expresso or if I've been smart and made some up I use expresso frozen into cubes. That way I don't dilute the flavor with regular ice.

1/2 c expresso
2 c low fat milk (I use Hood's calorie countdown)
2-4 packets of sweetener (cold kills sweet taste so you'll need more than you think)
OR
several shots of sugar-free flavored syruup like DaVinci or Toriani
ice cubes (eliminate if using frozen expresso cubes)
1 T of instant pudding mix, vanilla or chocolate

Mix it all in the blender. The pudding mix adds texture making it more like Starbucks. They use pectin, which you can find at the grocery with the canning stuff, but I find the pudding mix easier. Also, if you want a frap like the bottled ones, just don't add the ice.

I can also tell you how to make expresso without an expresso machine but I don't want to take up the whole thread.

shrinkingpamelalala
tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

I really like the NewWhey protien shots. The really help me keep my protien levels up. A little costly, but worth it for me. Good luck and welcome to the group.
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 11:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW308/CW159/GW170

Height: 5'7"

Default My DH loved the Starbuck's

Tropigal: Made the Starbuck knock-off without the protein and my DH loved it. Had to do add a little chocolate soy for him and he wanted it hot! I don't drink coffee so didn't taste it. I've gotten frozen skim milk cubes and will be making him a frappe tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.
nanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:18 PM   #7  
ready 4 a re-birth ...

S/C/G: 5'2

I have only used Pure Protein. They come in vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry. I only drink the vanilla. They have 35 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 1 carb. The strawberry and chocolate are slightly higher with the same protein count. To me they taste like watered down Nestquick (spelled that wrong... sorry). I need to drink two a day but it is easy to get it down. You can purchase them at the Vitamin Store or GNC. I buy them by the case at the Vitamin Store for $26.00 for twelve. Hope that was a help and good luck.
redE2b1lessphatchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #8  
ShrinkingPamelalala

S/C/G: 271/179/155ish

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanj View Post
Tropigal: Made the Starbuck knock-off without the protein and my DH loved it. Had to do add a little chocolate soy for him and he wanted it hot! I don't drink coffee so didn't taste it. I've gotten frozen skim milk cubes and will be making him a frappe tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe.
Cool! Glad he liked it. It's sure a lot cheaper than starbucks! Thanks for letting me know.
Pamela
tropigal is offline   Reply With Quote