South Beach Diet - How did you choose your nickname?

View Full Version : How did you choose your nickname?

Ruthxxx
06-27-2008, 04:19 PM
We've done this before but it might be interesting to do it again now that we have so many new Beachers.

My real name is Ruth. Way back in the last century when I went to register, there already was a Ruth so I just added xxx to my name. People will say it's because I'm X-rated but don't :censored: believe them!

Next?

GradPhase
06-27-2008, 04:38 PM
Mine is a mixture of Eskimo and Nomad. I've lived in three different countries, outside of the US, and 11 states inside the US - and I'm only 19. I decided to go to Alaska for college, and when a friend I've known since we were 10 found out - he called me an Eskinomad, and it stuck :)

cottagebythesea
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
It sounds kind of corny, but I've always yearned to have a cottage by the sea. With the astronomical costs of homes at the shore, alas, it will probably never happen, but a person can dream, can't they?

marbleflys
06-27-2008, 04:54 PM
i also registered waay back in the last century (i don't think there were even 1000 members at that time)....my name was something from one of my kid's aol groups, it was unusual...

Ruthxxx
06-27-2008, 05:01 PM
Everybody's name is so cool. :( I wish I'd had more imagination back then.

Shad
06-27-2008, 05:13 PM
We just love you as Ruthxxx anyway. Over here there is a beer called XXXX but that's because Australians don't know how to spell beer.

I'm named after my gentleman dog Mr SHAD O Cxxxxx

Kofarq
06-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Ko is the beginning of my first name, and Farq is the beginning of my last name. After the wedding I might have to change it to Kofarqhea. I might have to re-think that! (;P)

onesullengurl
06-27-2008, 05:42 PM
mine is from a song ( by Fiona Apple ) :lol: I'm horribly un-creative when it comes to thinking up user names !

weezle
06-27-2008, 05:44 PM
When I was little, my dad called me a little weasel. Said I could weasel my way out of anything. I thought "weezle" looked cuter so I went with that. :D

pipernoswiper
06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
my dog lilpipes, the one in the pic, well she is a bit of a food thief. so one day when she was stealing someones food, they yelled at her and said "piper! no swiper!" it was taken off dora the explorer.........................and it just kinda stuck ever since.

she will come to both piper and swiper, its funny

ladybugnessa
06-27-2008, 06:20 PM
i love ladybugs (and have two tattoos to prove it) and my name is nessa.

besides i use ladybugnessa pretty much everywhere.

Barb0522
06-27-2008, 07:21 PM
My name is Barbara but I like to use the nickname Barb 0522 is the date I joined SBD (back in 2004)

TwynnB
06-27-2008, 07:22 PM
My middle name is Wynn...so "T" is my first initial (tammy), and "B" is my last name initial.

On another site, they thought I was the second of two twins born. Sorry, not that creative!!

murphmitch
06-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Combination of my maiden & married name.

WebRover
06-27-2008, 08:16 PM
WebRover
One who roves or roams the web.
So kinda obvious but it also fits because
I work in the cellular industry, with services relating to roaming.
Some of our international customers call roaming roving.
And it's also a takeoff on watching my daughter a 100 years ago as a Brownie Girl Scout playing Red Rover at camp.
All that stirred around makes me WebRover.

zeffryn
06-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Zeffryn is a variation of my husband's middle name....Zephirin...I use Zeffryn at all my other forums and Zephirin as my myspace name (I'm so hip to have a myspace).

So....if any of you have a myspace....check me out :)

chipper15173
06-27-2008, 09:48 PM
real name is cathy. i use chipper because my dad and brother have called me that since i was little. out of 6 kids i am the only one who ended up with a nickname. to this day by brother (who started it) can't remember why. my dad still calls me chipper and i am almost 50. LOL. the numbers where just needed, too many chippers.

greeneyes490
06-27-2008, 10:20 PM
My real name is cathy but I have greeneyes and at another site years ago I used greeneyes490 cause I had trouble getting a user name number that wasn't taken :).....so finally 490 was available and I took it :).....

evilwomaniamshe
06-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I wear my eyeliner winged out on the sides, and my hubby thinks it makes me look evil, yet sexy.... hence the name evilwomanIamshe was born!

LucyFlicker
06-27-2008, 11:28 PM
My name has nothing to do with anything lol. My real name is Sierra. I was so sick of picking usernames that were already taken all the time so I made something up? Pretty lame haha.

mamaspank
06-28-2008, 01:15 AM
My friend, Robert, used to refer to me as Mamaspank whenever we went drinking together. Now he just calls me that when he is telling stories about me. I guess I am no fun now that I am really a mama.

Auralei
06-28-2008, 02:39 AM
This is almost embarrassing for me, being a 42 year-old wife/mom, but I have had my screen name for a couple of years through online gaming. When I first started playing, I wanted something pretty and somewhat ethereal, and Auralei fit. I've been Aura or Lei ever since :) I really enjoy my gaming community, and it gives me something to do that is just plain fun. It's surprising, but there are quite a few of us "older folks" playing games out there!

Yes, I'm a nerd, but I'm a happy nerd :D

femmecreole
06-28-2008, 07:31 AM
Easy...I'm Creole and I'm a woman!!!

Pacergal29
06-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Many years ago when I signed up for yahoo messenger I was a huge fan of the Indiana Pacers (not so much now) and 29 at the time, hence pacergal29 was born and used for pretty much everything. Now staring down at 40 this year I refuse to change the 29, besides my mother was an eternal 29 until the day she died and so shall I be! ;)

amasam
06-28-2008, 10:20 AM
It is a combo of my initials and my DH's initials. Nothing fancy, generally I reserve it for accounts we both use. Ally was probably taken - what I use on accounts for just me!

briezee
06-28-2008, 11:04 AM
My name name is Brie and last initial is Z. I like how briezee looks better than briez. Breezy was always taken, so I use briezee where ever I can, now. If I can't use briezee, I'll then to use brieza.

Julie478
06-28-2008, 01:17 PM
My name is Julie and the last 3 digits of my zip code is 478, hence Julie478. :rolleyes: Boring, really...

Salubrious Fervor
06-28-2008, 01:43 PM
I was starting my new weight-loss bi-polar blog and needed a name for it...came up with salubrious-fervor

salubrious is :favorable to or promoting health or well-being
and right now I am trying to do that with FERVOR!!! So I thought it fit over here too

salubrious-fervor dot blogspot dot com

halcyon
06-28-2008, 02:17 PM
mine is just the first half of a username i use elsewhere - halcyonstorm - it kind of fits me. i'm sort of a walking contradiction. calm and chaotic at the same time.

Natalie'sMom
06-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, I guess b/c I am Natalie's mom. It was before I was Grace's mom too!

Sweetcaroline
06-28-2008, 05:11 PM
My name is Caroline and I'm a huge huge fan of the Boston Red Sox.. Fenway has adopted the Neil Diamond song ~Sweet Caroline~ and play it every 8th inning, fans sing along... its a blast... Its become a Red Sox signature song...

Spoz
06-29-2008, 02:41 PM
My name is Lauren - I sorta picked up the nickname 'Sporren' from a young age and it's stuck and developed since - Spoz, Spozbucket, Lauren Sporren.

CyndiM
06-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Mine is every bit as boring as it appears. The funny thing is I have a nic I've used online for 12+ years that is so me I even have the tattoo ( 1 of 2, Nessa I'll show you mine if you show me yours!). When I got here though I just really wanted to be just me and get down to basics.

Pearlrose
06-29-2008, 06:37 PM
When I was in High School one of my best friends dad said I looked more like a pearl than a rose and the nickname pearl was what I was called from then on. Picked Pearlrose because I liked the two together.

rabbitdear
06-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm new here and so happy to have found this site! The nickname rabbitdear is one I made up real quick! My dad used to call me 'rabbit' and years later I realized I was born in the year of the rabbit. I added dear at the end so people wouldn't be afraid that I'm a weirdo!

grneyedmustang
06-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I have green eyes, and a mustang...so there's my name. Plus, I use it all over the internet. One day, the mustang will have to be retired (probably soon) so I've been thinking of a new one, but I haven't thought of anything definite yet...I really want to use "ThickNSpicy" but I think pretty soon I'm going to be too old to use a name like that. :(

pamperedsteph
06-29-2008, 10:19 PM
My name is Stephanie and I used to sell for Pampered Chef. My DH was making me an email account and came up with PamperedSteph. He also snagged me ChefSteph. Both true but I like to be pampered more than I like to cook.

SunshineCA
07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
My name is Sunshine. I tried to sign up with that name but it was already taken. As is usually the case whenever I sign up for different sites. So....I used what I normally use, SunshineCA. That's my name and I'm in Cali. :)

booksncoffee
07-07-2008, 12:58 AM
Mine is pretty boring. I love books and I love coffee. booksncoffee. :-/

indigal
07-07-2008, 06:07 AM
Well I've been residing in India for 12+ years... and I ain't a guy!
Hence Indigal....:sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

little chick
07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
I chose little chick, because the site is 3fatchics, hence chick and I because I want to be little.

Marathon Mom
07-07-2008, 07:47 AM
MarathonMom - both for the literal and the figurative. I'm a marathon runner and a Mom... Sometimes being a Mom is like running a marathon - You've got to just keep on going...

Plus I love the glory and gratification I get from both things.

Lulumum
07-07-2008, 09:01 AM
My real name is Louise- my nickname is Lulu, which was already taken- so I had to tag on the mum part.

Merryh43
07-07-2008, 09:03 AM
How do you post here. I am new at this. Navigating this is a bit overwhelming.

thunderbegone
07-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Back when Mary Lou Retton was in the olympics, my sisters started calling me thunder thighs for obvious reasons! I am finally going to get rid of these thunder things once and for all, hence the name... thunder be gone!

nullgal
07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
well, when i met my husband his internet name was nullgel, because, its LEGO backwards because null means zero which is like an o. he's -really- into legos. so, when we were dating he said, 'hey! i guess if i'm nullgel that makes you nullgal!' because im a girl. so, it stuck.

pookynutt
07-07-2008, 12:18 PM
POOKYNUTT is the name of my 12 year old chihuahua. She is getting on up there but hanging in there. she is my heart!!!

knittwhit
07-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I needed a name for my first email account and it has stuck since. I love to knit and do handcrafts and I have a witty sense of humor. knitwit was taken so I had to play around with the spelling to find one that worked. I am not connected at all with Knitwits yarn shop in Brookfield, MA but love browsing their online store...like a kid in the candy store....so many yummy yarns :)

phxsunflower
07-07-2008, 01:12 PM
ok...phx is where I live, sun is what I crave (can't do many cloudy days in a row it depresses me) and flower because I will bloom someday.

pamatga
07-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, mine is probably the most unoriginal one of all. I have so many usernames and so on that I am running out of cute ones. I am named Pam and I live in Atlanta, Georgia (GA). How's that? I do have pamalamdingdong as my IM moniker. It had a nice ring at the time but if you don't type it right I can't log on!! Another consideration.;)

Belle Mer
07-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I love the ocean, and all things Mediterranean. Hence, Belle Mer. (Beautiful sea in french.)

Mum2Monkeys
07-07-2008, 03:18 PM
Mine's easy: I have two little boys whom I lovingly refer to as my Monkeys :)