Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2002, 05:33 PM   #1  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Default Jogging Strollers

I want to start jogging with my 6 month old baby and wondered if anyone had one of these jogging strollers and what they thought of it. Any recommendations for certain brands would also be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-20-2002, 10:13 PM   #2  
Soon to be Lifetimer

Default Baby Jogger is the Best

I bought a Baby Jogger II (the latest model of the traditional Baby Jogger) when my daughter was 8 months. The BEST thing I ever bought. I love it. I recommend the 16 inch wheels as they are so smooth rolling. I even roller blade with mine. I have a friend that has one with the 12 inch wheels and she states it is harder to push.
I also like the fact that the child can be up to 100 lbs and still ride in it. Most other brands only go up to 40 or 45 lbs. My daughter is 2 1/2 and is 40 lbs so I would be pretty sad if we couldn't use it anymore.
As for the child, she loves to go "blading" and for a walk. She is very comfy and enjoys being in her stroller.
It has had many a mile and still looks brand new. I got the navy color as the purple was the prettiest but not as durable fabric.
The new models come with a new canopy and I am going to order it as it flips back behind the stroller and has more head room for the child then the older canopy. I also purchased the rain shield, it is great for a windy day and keeps the child cozy and out of the breeze.
I purchased mine from www.travelingtikes.com and they were great. They have specials from time to time also so you might check them out.
Hope this helps!

p.s. Another friend has an Instep and hates it! It only goes to 40 lbs and doesn't roll like our baby joggers!
Old 03-21-2002, 09:03 AM   #3  

Your timing is great, the the April 2002 issue of Runner's World magazine has an article that reviews running strollers. I just bought it last night and the magazine is in my gym bag to read on the stationary bike this afternoon.

I haven't checked their web site, but some articles are also there and they usually have past product reviews posted. Or check out their message boards and get some advice from people who have used the various models.

Runner's World
Old 04-01-2002, 09:37 AM   #4  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Okay I bought a jogging stroller now I need some help on how to use it! I find that when I am running I am always looking down, I don't know what I am looking at but I have to keep reminding myself to keep my head up. Also the manual that came with the stroller advised to have the child wear a helmet. Is anyone doing this? the stroller has a 5 point harness which I am fastening properly so I can't imagine my son having to wear a helmet. the stroller has these wrist straps attached to the handlebar that you are supposed to use but I find that they are too small for my hand, does using them make it easier or safer to push the stroller while running?

Any advice or other tips would be appreciated. Thanks!
Closed Thread