Weight Loss Support - 300+ And Ready To Try Again..........#145

QueenB
03-19-2002, 12:42 PM
WELCOME

We are a group of people who are working together to lose our excess weight.
We are on different plans and are of different sizes.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.

WELCOME! :wave:

QueenB
03-19-2002, 01:02 PM
Saw we were sitting right on the ol' 30 mark with Thin's post, so just tickled me to death to start the new thread. :lol: Hope you guys are having a good day. I'm about to go back to bed. I've only got about 3 hours of sleep since I came home from work...you know, just enough to rest me a little bit so I'm laying there with eyes wide open and can't get back to sleep! :dizzy: So, I thought I'd check in with my buddies.

Here's a little picture for you guys dedicated to Thin........

See you after WI (not Wisconsin) :)

:mad: Well, I tried to attach the picture of the old lady in the bikini that said, "A friend is like a good bra, Hard to find, supportive, comfortable and always close to your heart."

But----- I got a message that said that I had already posted this image and that I needed to refrain from posting something I had already posted and referred me to the thread where I had posted it. Well.....
la di da!

Here's another one for you!

Ok, forget that. I've attached that one before and now they are saying it's too big! I am determined to send something!!

Let's try this!

QueenB
03-19-2002, 01:08 PM
:s: VICTORIOUS!!!!! :s:

Boy.........do I miss our gif attachments

katrinabgood
03-19-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey all...

Quick post and then I GOTTA get some sleep! Instead of going to Wisconsin (WI)...my sister and I decided to check out "CURVES for Women." Anyone hear of this? It's a workout franchise...you can get the equivalent of a 90 minute workout in 30 minutes! Music playing, every 30 seconds you change stations, alternating between cardio (jogging in place) and hydraulic machinery (about 6 or 8 different machines)...3 rotations and you are out of there! Our sister-in-law told us about it, she's lost like 12 inches in a month by going 3 times a week. I figured I know the WW plan, might as well throw my $12.00 a week to something else that just might work. It costs $39.00/month for unlimited visits, so I'm gonna give it a whirl... It really was a good workout!

So that's it for me...need a nap before "Family Fun Night" tonight at my son's school and THEN scouts and THEN back to work...:?:

OOH! There was a call on my answering machine from the Irish Shop, tellling me V*E*R*Y S*L*O*W*L*Y, that my name was selected and that I won a .......................................clock! (BUT my name would now be entered in the BIG drawing for the trip to Ireland!) She took so long getting the message out that I was screaming for dh....WE WON ! WE WON! before she got to the clock part! :lol: oh well, still in the running, anyway!

See you all later...

:wave:

Grannie39074
03-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Hello all
Went in to the city today. DH called from work and said he had to go to Indiand tommorrow on a business trip. He'll be back Friday.
I hate when he flies.

Katrina: a clock beats nothing maybe you'll still win the trip. Cross your fingers and toes.

My Tuesday Tip: Drink water :lol: :lol:

I saw in the paper today that Burger King has come out with a veggy burger with 330 cal. I'll have to try it. a whopper has 680 cal.

thinthinker
03-19-2002, 07:14 PM
Hi everyone! :wave: I'm freezing here in my office and have drank so much water today that it's making me want to pee! :( I really want to type so I guess we'll see just how much this old blatter can hold. I know, too much information again. :eek:

I promised I would be back and DH is due home in a 1/2 hour so if I don't type fast, I won't get these responses done in time.

Sorry to put us over on the second page of the last thread, I guess I wasn't watching.

I worked three stores today, and am actually feeling pretty good. We're having Subway tonight since it's Tuesday. Two for Tuesday at my Subway, ya know.

I'm paying much closer attention to what I'm eating the past two days. I know I was probably a little over yesterday (still not journalling :nono: ) but today I'm good to go.

Baylee: Your dessert sounds great. You can shave a little of the fat off if you use dry roasted peanuts instead of the pistachios. * I guess you better get crackin' the books. You sure don't want to let that license expire.

Malia: It's amazing what measurements can do for us. You're doing a great job.

2cute: It sounds like you've been busy. * I hope you find your folks in better health and have a safe trip home. * We really miss you when you're gone.

LuckyLadyBug: You're probably allergic to the pollen from Daffodils. I'm glad you figured out what was bothering you and got rid of it. Wouldn't it be nice if we were all allergic to chocolate......and ice cream.......and chips. Oh heck, now ya got me started!

Mary: I hear that Burger King's new Veggie Burger is 9 WW points. Very disappointing. Haven't tried one yet, but that's alot of points to spend on a veggie burger. They also discontinued the BK Broiler and at first I was really ticked. But actually, they just renamed it the Chicken Whopper. They also have a Chicken Whopper junior. I always order them without mayo.

Katrina: Mary's right, a clock IS better than nothing. But I just know that trip is yours too. Keep keeping those fingers crossed, I am. * We have Curves here. They're actually popping up everywhere. Let us know if you like it after you've been going for awhile.

Jen: My son had an issue with his cell phone and when I offered to go to the store with him he said, "sure, you can come. You're a salesman's nightmare!" Was that a compliment???? * Again, I hope your back feels better soon. I know what you mean about the chair and 'the cheapest thing'. I wanted to get a king size bed last summer and DH didn't want to spend $1000 so I found a set for $700. Well, let me tell ya, (just in case you've never heard this before :lol: ) You get what you pay for! My back aches every morning. Instead of getting up refreshed from a good night's sleep, I'm so sore I can barely move! Try a pillow behind your back. Sometimes that works.

Tammara: Good for you exercising. They say that once you wrap your mind around doing it, that it is fun. I just haven't gotten my mind bent into that shape just yet.

Tina: Well I guess they didn't catch you at the keyboard. I'm glad we have you around to start new threads. I usually pay closer attention when I post, but must have missed it. * Thanks for the pic. :D

Well girls, honey's home. Gotta run. You all have a good night.

QueenB
03-19-2002, 08:43 PM
Hopping in real quick to report my WI tonight. Are you ready?? Drumroll......................................
.................................................. ................................................

I lost 6 pounds!!

WOO HOO!!!!!

I don't think I'm quite ready yet for Curves for Women, but we have one in our town too, and that is next! I'm very sorry for not responding to everyone individually, but I'm gonna be totally lazy and try to catch a nap before I go to work. If I can get to sleep by 8:00 & sleep till 10:00, that may get me enough to get through the night! :lol: I am so tired today and I feel like I'm just going on nervous energy! That little devil on my shoulder kept saying, "Go on, stay in the bed. Go to WI next week!" :devil: But I sure am glad my angel kicked his scaly hind end!! :angel: I will see you guys tomorrow and thanks for all you do!! :love:

If it will let me attach it, this is a picture of what I feel like today!

LuckyLadyBug
03-19-2002, 09:00 PM
CONGRATS.... TINA

You are doing great.....

katrinabgood
03-19-2002, 09:57 PM
TINA, YOU STUD! Way to go girl!! Didn't you LOVE changing your numbers on your profile? :D :D :D

Grannie...my dh is going to Philadelphia for 4 days next week for work...I hate when he's gone! :cry:

Thin...your son gave you a big compliment...I wish I was a bit more forceful, I'm much better on the phone if I have to make a stink about something! :s:

Lucky, I have the same thing happen with "Stargazer Lillies." The smell is SO STRONG, my head is pounding and my eyes are watering within minutes...If a patient has them in their room, I can smell them down the hall! Forget it if they're at the nurses station, I have to move them!

Maila and Jen , Hi! I caught you over at 21 day challenge, didn't want to be redundant, but didn't want to exclude you either!

Baylee, thanks for the recipe! Is that called Ambrosia? My MI< makes something like that, not low fat, of course!

Hey 2cute! Hope all is well w/ mom and Dad...We miss you!

Tammara, good job on the exercise! It does make you feel good! Gotta love those endorphins!

Lona, glad you found us! Now keep coming back!

Syn, hope all is well with you, drop in anytime and let us know how you are doing! Take care.

I hope I didn't miss anyone...I had copied this post earlier to go back and check something...tried to submit and had TOO MANY *#@%$# smilies so I lost the post, good thing I had copied some of it earlier!

Have a good night...love to all

Jehari
03-20-2002, 12:04 AM
Hello ladies!!

TT: :lol: I know what you're saying. My husband just let's me go for it. He says it's great, cuz by the time I get done, we always get something free out of it!! :lol: I actually earned the title "Customer From ****" at a car stereo shop in town!! The system I paid for kept blowing speakers or frying the amplifier and I came back day after day after day until FINALLY the gave me a upgraded amp (worth $400 more than I paid) and upgraded speakers (worth $200 more than I paid) just so they could get rid of me. They said "THERE!! We have given you a system you cannot POSSIBLY blow up!!" :lol: :lol:

Katrina: Keep us updated on how that "Curves" thing goes. I've been curious to check it out, but it's not in the budget at the moment.

Tina: WOW!! THAT is FANTASTIC!! See now. Weren't you the girl that was so upset over that ONE screw up a while back?? And look at you now!! YOU DID IT!!

Well, I have survived another day. I got my new exercise videos in the mail today and watched them. One of them is OK but the other one looks like a total BLAST! I hope I can do it tomorrow. Somebody send me the "back injury fairy" to heal me!!! :lol:

Anyhoo, guess that's it for me tonight.
Jen

thinthinker
03-20-2002, 12:38 AM
WooHoo for Tina!!!
SIX big pounds!
Congratulations!!!

2cute2Bfat
03-20-2002, 01:58 AM
Hello everyone !!!! I took notes on everyones posts but I am going to save my replies for tomorrow. It took so long to read them all I am now out of time.. and I am tired.

My trip went very well... sort of. LOL
My dad was very depressed. He is lonely and he can't walk without assistance ... and they are all too busy to walk him.
There just is not enough help in his home. He is too well to be there.. and too sick to go home. He needs too much monitoring for diabetis, tube feedings, etc. It is soooooooo frustrating.

I went there 3 times today to try and lift his spirits.
All that happens is mine gets lowered. :^:
It is sooo hard to watch your parents suffering... emotionally.

My mom is also doing okay... but not well. Rain really bothers her and it has rained for 3 days here. :rolleyes:

NOW FOR THE GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!

Remember me telling you my nephew was trying to adopt a baby.
She was born St Pattys day... and I got to hold her today. :D
She is precious. Dark hair... and lots of it. Long toes... LOL ... she is simply beautiful.!!!! They are soooooo HAPPY !!!!

My daughter went with me on my trip and that is always nice.
She is a saint. Such a loving person. I tell her all the time to not be "TOO NICE". LOL She could easily become a caregiver to the world. LOL. I want her to be giving... but not to the point that she always puts herself last.

I am tired ladies... I will be back tomorrow. :wave:

prism
03-20-2002, 03:15 AM
Hi everyone,

W :eek: W TINA...WAY TO GO!

Day 2 of 21 of day 1 block challenge. I'm following the wendie plan with my RS foodmover. This is my plan:
Day1~~~1400 calories~~~aerobics
Day2~~~2000 calories~~~circuit weights
Day3~~~1200 calories~~~low impact aerobics
Day4~~~1800 calories~~~circuit weights
Day5~~~1600 calories~~~aerobics
Day6~~~1200 calories~~~house/yard work
Day7~~~1800 calories~~~fun day

2cute, I hope your dad and mom feel better soon. I bet you boost their spirits with your sunny nature.

Jen, where do you buy your exercise videos? I buy mine from collage video. They send within a week of receiving the order. Before the check clears.

The job saga continues....the senior girl interested in the job...cut her long acrylic nails. For the typing test. She's really serious. I feel bad about the whole thing, part of me hopes she gets it. It's not my moment. It's a bummer because next time I won't have all of the qualifications waived like this time. Maybe she'll decline the job who knows??? I'm glad it's behind me. It really shook up my eating patterns.

Thin, I hate to admit it but I eat alot of subway. I'm tired of the routine. No cheese, no mayo, touch of mustard, no oil/salt/pepper. No soda, no cookie, no clam chowder. I desperately need to search the net for good low cal recipes.

Dreams are calling me. Good night,
Malia

Grannie39074
03-20-2002, 09:52 AM
GOOOOD Morning everyone. Isn't it a beautiful day today.

They didn't say what was in the BK Veggy. But I want to try it.

DH left this morning he said he would call. I miss him already. At least I won't have to cook much fof son and I.

Well I better go I have some research to do.

2cute2Bfat
03-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Good morning
I had a good nights sleep and now I am ready to reply to everyone.

Mary... I had a friend who was a vegetarian years ago ... and they always ordered a whopper with cheese-no meat please.... and BK had a key on their register for it. LOL. It is nice to know they finally came out with a vegetarian burger.

Luckylady....boy could I relate to your statement : "wouldn't it be easier to BE this size - no more worrying about what I eat".
I have always said..." I dieted myself up to this weight."
The only problem with that is ..... I don't stay this size... I always get BIGGER !!! :mad: It is sooooo frustrating.
Some people can eat whatever they want and don't gain. Some of those people don't want much either. LOL . My sister in law eats like a construction worker and never gains a pound. She knows she is lucky... but she is also very active.
Success comes when you accept your OWN limitations ... not others. Darn it. :^:
Tamarra...You EXERCISED !!!!!! Way to go girl. :strong:
Keep telling us about it ... it is bound to rub off on us too.

Malia... Yoga, my sister used to do that and lost inches with it.
Thanks for opening Luckylady's eye to it again.
I would have to only do the standing ones ... if I get on the floor.. I can't get up. :rolleyes:
I am sorry to hear you deleted your picture. I wanted to print all of your pictures and have them by me here at the computer so I can feel closer to everyone. If you are willing .. maybe you could send it to me via PM. Your green t-shirt brought back sooo many memories from when I was your age... "YOUNG". :lol:

SHhhhhh...I have to whisper here ... don't want Tina caught on the computer. LOL.
You had lots of troubles posting your cartoons. LOL. Where did you previously post that pic of a good bra so we can go see it?
6 lbs !!!! WOW !!!!Oooppss... sorry. I couldn't help myself. LOL
Don't get caught on here... we don't want to lose YOU....only those extra pounds. LOL

Lona... YOU FOUND US !!!!! Make a note and keep it by your computer so it is easier to remember where we are.

Thin....Your part-time job sounds more like FULL-TIME with mandatory overtime. :lol:
My daughter made some of your taco soup and it was good... except... it gives me GAS !!!!! :o LOL LOL... and it is not a laughing matter. LOL

Baylee.... good to see you again. Sleeping till 9:45...a life of leisure.
I am glad you couldn't sleep this time... you have been a woman of few words up till now... I kind of like it when you get more gabby. LOL

Kat...I have heard nothing but good things about Curves. There is a woman in my hometown who lost 145lbs going there. They had her picture in the paper. I was so impressed my her determination to go there while she was still big. Her reward is...she is NOT big anymore.

Jen... You mean to tell me that "MY" Ben and Jerry are PLAYERS !!!! :eek:
I am giving them the cold shoulder from now on. "THE NERVE OF THEM !!!"
I am soooo sorry to hear about your back. Been there.. done that. OUCH

Okay ladies... hopefully I did not miss anyone.
Hi Syn... hope you and Michelle are peeking in too.
I have sooooo much to do today. I am calling it Wacky Wednesday. LOL

katrinabgood
03-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Hi friends...

It's a rainy, gray, cold, dreary day here...perfect for sleeping, which is what I intend to do as soon as I am done here! I was so exhausted around 6am @ work this morning, I was literally falling asleep as a co-worker talked to me...hmmm, her boring story may have had something to do with that too, but still! :o

I just can't acknowledge each one of you today, brain is operating on minimal power! I just want you all to know that I often base things that I do (ie: cheating) on, "What would the girls think of this?" I feel as though I've known you guys for ages...thanks for being here! You guys are the best!

Sis and I are going to Curves later today...I'm really going to try to get there every day...I NEED a major boost in success to spur me on to greater successes!! I think this may be helpful!

Well...off to winky land for me...gotta kick the dog out of my spot first, at least she warms it up for me. ;)

Have a FINE day, one and all!

2cute2Bfat
03-20-2002, 12:17 PM
I think it is the first day of SPRING!!!!! :D :D :D
Ooppss.. just heard it is tomorrow. :o LOL
Hmmmm... now they said today again. :dizzy: Whatever. LOL

wackoyako
03-20-2002, 01:19 PM
I am so happy to have found you ... alltough I am blonde he he I think I got the drift .. :lol: I am Lona 31 years olddddd and I live in Tennessee the pepetual cloudy day state here lately ... Starting on the ark tomorrow !!! I have 1 bunny , 3 cats 5 kittens ... allthough kittens go in 3 weeks and the momma kitty who was a stry goes to the shelter :( Too many kitties I cant do it I live in a small apt with a moose ... my german shepard a :ink: who I have to pick up after all the time ... but atleast he pays the bills :lol: and 1 bunny who lives outside thank goodness he wouldnt have a chance in here . I am 70 pounds over wieght well give or take a few pounds and I have never ever ever lost any until I started last week to eat good stuff... I dont call it a diet ... Im making a life style change ... not going to limit myself just make better judgements ! I am not currently obviously drinking enough water ... I get cramps real easy in my legs and when I swapped my sweet ho ho snacks for pikles I ate alot of them what I didnt figure on was all the salt sooooo lesson learned there ... OUCH .. I also notice more things about my body that i hadnt noticed before .... Like my hips have been popping loudly .. well all my bones .. I sound like a bowl of rice crispies this moring ... snap crackle pop !!!!!!! Well anyhow thats me in a nut shell ... I will close here so I am not writting a novel . Thanx for letting me join I have a few buddies I am postin and e mailing .... which anyone who wants to I am on alot ... my email is wackoyako@aol.com I love to keep my chubby little fingers busy ... keep them away from my mouth :lol: Have a wonderful day everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thinthinker
03-20-2002, 06:32 PM
Hi everybody! :wave: Hope everyone is doing well. My food is getting better day by day. I was over a little on Monday and under a little yesterday. Today I'm shooting for under again, but it's nice to know that if I get the munchies I have a couple of points left over. The scale wasn't groaning quite as bad this morning, so at least I see some movement in the right direction again.

I was on the road all day again today. Four more K-Marts done! Woohoo! Six more to go. :( I have a full schedule again next week as well. Very, very busy time! I guess that's a good thing! It does keep me out of trouble! :dizzy:

Found son's financial aid papers last night and they are supposed to be received by the 21st. Seeing as none of our taxes are done yet, that isn't going to happen! :mad: Why don't kids give you the information you need in a timely fashion??? :?:

Tina: WOW! 6 pounds is awsome. You're doing such a great job. Keep up the good work.

LuckyLadyBug: What are you up to, girlfriend? Let us hear from you.

Katrina: Thanks, I kinda took it as a compliment. There is nothing wrong with being a little assertive. The really challenge is to walk the fine line between assertive and aggressive! ;) Sounds like you are definately sleep deprived. I hope you get in a good nap.

Jen: I love your stereo story. The other day my oldest and I were at the bank and we had to wait and wait. When we were finished, the banker offered us each one of those folding canvas chairs (the bank gives them out as free gifts when you open a checking account) for having to wait so long! * I know Baylee is an advocate of heat, but I'm a firm believer in ice. So if you've tried one and it isn't working, try the other. I find the ice works as a natural anti-inflamatory and it also helps as a pain killer too (if you can get past the idea of being cold.) I use my tried and true Lamaze breathing to get me through the initial shock of the ice!

2cute: There are no troubles that holding a sweet new baby can't cure! * I bet that was a nice drive with your daughter as co-pilot. I love the conversations you can have with them when they're a captive audience! :devil: Did I forget to mention that the Taco Soup causes GAS??? Gosh, I'm sorry. But what were you thinking it would do with all those BEANS???? :lol:

Malia: Oh honey, have you tried the new Sweet Onion Chicken Terriaki Sub? To die for. The sweet onion sauce is FF and 30 calories per tablespoon. I didn't realize that you can order any sandwich with any dressing. This one is sooooo good, I think I would choose it on any of the sandwiches. * Hope the job thing works itself out for you. * Looks like you've got the calorie thing worked out for you adjusted to the Wendie Plan. Hope it helps.

Baylee: Lucky you that you can 'invent as you go along'. I'm not that good of a cook. If I can't open a few cans or bags and throw them in a pot, I can't make it. Such a handicap! :(

Mary: That BK Veggie Burger is probably just a Gardenburger in a bun with lettuce and tomatoe. It would figure, nothing special.

Lona: I think you've come to the right place. Follow 2cute's suggestion and post a note on your computer telling you where to go to find us again. * It sounds like you have quite a little zoo going there! :lol: I take 800mg of Vitamin E for the leg cramps, it really helps.

Well girls, I'm getting the old taxes done tonight so I need to have dinner on the table when DH walks through the door. See ya all later.

"The ultimate lesson all of us have to learn in unconditional love, which includes not only others but ourselves as well." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

QueenB
03-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone!! How is everybody?

It is so rainy here. We have had all kinds of flooding here in Tennessee, thank goodness so far.............so good here in my little county. We're all water-logged, but nothing really too bad. :lol: I feel like I'm in such rut lately. Go to work.....come home, get the kids up and off to school.....lay down for a couple of hours......spend a few precious minutes with DH.......pick the kids up from school........do the dinner, bath and homework thing and then back to work. It is all so mundane and monotanous. I guess I'm just complaining cause I'm on a 7 day week this week and it is never going to end!! :?: I had this great idea that I would buy an outfit that I really liked, but..............buy it 2 sizes too small, that way I could hang it on my closet door and have something to work towards. I told my Mom about the idea and the next day she came in with an outfit that she bought me that she said I could use for my inspiration. Now, before you think, "Oh how sweet!" Ok, the point of this is to buy an outfit you really like and want to wear. I am having a hard time being inspired by this two-piece green outfit covered in sailboats. :rolleyes: And of course, it's still plus size. Why is it that when you walk out of the regular size clothing dept into the Plus Size dept. you feel like you've just stepped into a time warp?
I can hear the theme to the Twilight Zone as I enter......do do do do do do do do........unless you are truly fond of sailboats or flowers, you might as well forget it. God, how depressing. :p Unless of course, you want to go to one of the specialty shops for fat women and pay an arm and a leg just so you can look decent.

Ok, shut up Tina. On to individual replies:

Baylee: Good to hear from you girl! Don't you HATE those nights when you can't sleep? When I was on 1st shift that happened to me every single night. But, now that I'm on thirds, even though I like my job better, I never get a full 6-8 hours of sleep anymore. I usually get in the bed around 9:00am and get to sleep till DH wakes me up around 12:30 blowing his nose and then I am awake till I pick up the kids and try to catch a nap before I go in at 11:00. I am so tired of trying to catch sleep in bits and pieces. Anyone have any good ideas about that?

Kat: Think that I will join Curves for Women just as soon as I'm at least presentable. Congrats on the clock and I've still got my fingers crossed for you! And I know exactly what you mean about the "girls" thing. I could hardly wait to get home from my WW meeting last night so I could tell you guys about WI. You guys knew even before DH!

Grannie: Thanks for the info on the veggie burger at Burger King. I hardly ever go there because everything is so high in WW points. Arbys is always a good choice for me. Love their light roast chicken deluxe and I think it's only 5 or 6 points!

Luckylady: Thanks for the congrats. And don't worry. You'll not have a chance to miss me. I have a computer at home too, but I have to fight the boys and DH every time I get on it, so I really liked to post at work. 3rd shift is pretty slow and it kept me busy as well as doing something constructive. :s:

Jen: Yes, I am the one that was crying into her beer (or diet coke) about how she had messed up on her eating plan last week. Thanks for the congrats! Also, sounds like next time I plan on buying a new car, furniture or stereo I'm taking you and Thin with me! :^: Have you ever tried "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone? They are AWESOME!

2cute: Sorry your having such a hard time with your parents. My heart goes out to you. I know it must be very hard on you, I wish I was there with you to lift you up. Come here and we will be here to lift your spirits. {{{Hugs}}} Congrats on the new baby. Lots of new births in your family lately. What precious gifts children are. I say that even as I just screamed for my boys to shut their door so I couldn't hear their big ol' mouths arguing anymore! :s: P.S. The bra image I attached was on 300+ And Ready To Try Again.........#129. I still get a kick out of it. Do you think there's a chance we will ever get our gif attachments back?

Malia: I know how the "job thing" can mess up the eating habits! Boy.....do I know. Try not to stress if you can. I do the Subway thing too alot. I really like the new Turkey Sub w/honey mustard and cucumbers and I think it's only 5 ww points. Pretty good, huh?

Thin: Sometimes we just have to take things one day at a time, as I'm sure I don't have to tell you. Even if your not journaling, your keeping an eye on what your doing, so that IS a good thing. It really helps me to journal. Actually seeing what I have put in my mouth makes me really conscious of what I'm doing. But if you can.......try to journal. It is for YOU. And YOU are definitely worth it!

Lona: Congrats on joining us. You will love our group. Fantastic bunch of friends! What part of Tennessee are you from? I'm from Tennessee too. And you go girl on the lifestyle change! Isn't that what life is all about? Diets just "die" out. Do something for you that lasts a lifetime!

Well, I hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did, I'm sorry. I hope you are all well. Love to all!

:love:

Grannie39074
03-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Hi all I got called in to work today. so I'm tired but I did try the BK Veggy it was good. had FF mayo, tomato ,Lettuce. Yes I did get Fries:o

Better go check back later.

katrinabgood
03-20-2002, 10:00 PM

Hi, me again...on my way to bed, AGAIN! I just got home from Curves...it took me almost longer to get there than to do the actual workout, what with all the red lights, train crossings and moronic drivers out there...

I am totally procrastinating here...I could be AT THE VERY LEAST, sorting the mountain of laundry in my room. I will, in a minute...famous last words!

Tina, I laughed out loud about the outfit your mom got you for "Inspiration!" Made me think of the hideous things my mother in law sends me! See, she shops all year long, so, at Christmas time, I get a ton of the UGLIEST articles of clothing that you can imagine!! No, really! She will only shop from the sale racks and I think only after the prices have been slashed to the bone, so the colors are usually along the lines of "burnt orange" or "neon aquamarine!" The patterns have run the gamut from ducks to zebra stripes and everything ugly in between! AND she insists on sending XLs (I always tell her to play it safe with a 2x, if you must send something) Her excuse is that the XL just looked SO BIG! :( She couldn't imagine that it wouldn't fit me! :p The best was the year my daughter and I BOTH got jumpsuits! In sweatshirt material with a zipper up the front! YES!! Score one for the team! Oh! I'm sorry, it's an XL...awwww, gee, it doesn't fit! Darn! ;)

I know...I'm mean...oh well.

oops, they're yelling at me to go to bed...shoot, it's almost 9:00!

bye bye!

LuckyLadyBug
03-20-2002, 10:50 PM
Tried to post - computer sucked it into no mans land - too tired to repeat...WHY is this happening so much - deleted posts.

I didn't type it offline because it wasn't GOING to be very long...

prism
03-21-2002, 04:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm exhausted, but I'll try to write a few lines. I lost a pound today. Down to 242. yes. Today, I had a vietnamese turkey sandwich. Instead of mayo they put a pickled sauce in the sandwich along w/daikon (white root) and carrots. It's delicious. We don't have teriyaki chicken yet, but we do have turkey and cucumbers. I haven't tried in though.

I desperately need to sleep. God night,
Malia

LuckyLadyBug
03-21-2002, 08:52 AM
Okay, after a good nights sleep I think I am ready to try this again.

My week has been jammed packed with things to do but I have kept my food in check. I started out walking everyday but then (Baylee can I come live with you on the East side) snow, and bitter cold. I know I could exercise in the house but so far it hasn't happened. :mad:

Tina :lol: You have restored my resolve to lose weight and not be satisfied with the weight I am at. I am not ready to live my life in the "two-piece green outfit covered in sailboats" style. I had an aunt who gave us the most hidious purses in the world. I know she was trying BUT!!!! She died on Christmas day last year and after the funeral all of my female cousins and I sat around and discussed the numerous "purses" we had received from her throughout the years. I only wished I had taken pictures of them. Hey, you are so good at posting pictures, could we see one of the two-piece green outfit covered in sailboats?

Malia Congrats on the loss. I don't know if I will ever get to have my roses. I am so ready for Spring.

Well, off to work....I will try to keep up!!!!! (or Tina might mail me the two-piece green outfit covered in sailboats.

katrinabgood
03-21-2002, 09:30 AM
Good morning, fashionistas!

Imagine the fashion show we could have with all our sassy outfits and purses! Sometimes, MIL will send those hip, taupe, pleather (not a typo--plastic leather) orthopedic looking shoes that you order from the coupon pages of the Suday paper to her darling son! Needless to say, Goodwill gets LOTS of bundles from us! Oddly enough, she does very well picking things out for my 11yo son...go figure!

I need to read all the latest posts, so I'll be back!

;)

Jehari
03-21-2002, 11:41 AM
Omigosh you guys! This ongoing "hideous clothes" conversation is cracking me up!! :lol: I totally agree about the plus section. It's like a conspiracy to make us want to lose weight. Like the options are "Lose weight or be forever doomed to wear ugly floral prints and sequins!! (evil voice): HAHAHAHAHA!!! :devil: I do have some ugly clothes stories of my own, but am short for time today. I just wanted to pop in and say HI to every one. I have a parent/teacher meeting at the school today, then a doctors appointment for my son, THEN my daughters birthday party. I made the cake kinda small this year on purpose. I'm hoping by the time I serve everyone, there won't be any left for me. I will try to get back in here tonight to do replys, but once you miss a day, it's so hard to catch up! This is such a busy thread!
And just for the girls doing the 21 day challenge, I guess today would be day 4. I don't know about the rest of you, but since we all post on this thread too, it seems a bit redundant, doesn't it??

Anyhoo, in case I don't get back in here tonight, keep your fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow.
Talk at ya later,
Jen

MichelleK
03-21-2002, 12:02 PM
Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't posted much this week...I am finding less time being home with my son then I did working full time! At least at work I could sneek on and get paid for it! LOL

I had my weigh in this morning...and I was shocked...I thought it was going to be ugly but I was quite surprised to lose 7.2 lbs! I did something right!

I have to go back and read the rest of the thread...hopefully after I get back from a meeting I have to go to this afternoon. I will be back! Famous last words! Hope you are all doing AOK!

Chow for now! Michelle

2cute2Bfat
03-21-2002, 12:40 PM
HI guys... it is time to continue this fashion show on the next thread. LOL

This thread will be continued at 300+... #146.

See you all there... DO NOT RELPY HERE.