Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 06-24-2008, 05:54 PM   #1  

Default Waiting impatiently for my surgery

Hi everyone:

I am so ready to have my gastric bypass done!!! I went through the 6 months of classes and had most of my tests. My blood work came back showing I was "severely anemic" and my PCP said the surgeon might not do the surgery. I'm working hard to get it up quickly!!! All I'm waiting on is my abdominal ultrasound and I should be done. From what I've heard it should be a few weeks after that.

So anyway, that's my story. I just came around to read what you all had to say and get some good advice on what to expect.
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 497/349/250

Yep Jujubeee I know what you mean I too am waiting. Waiting for my first consultation with the Dr on July 22nd. I hope I will not have to wait too much longer after that but I have this funny feeling I will not be having lapband surgery for quite some time. So I guess we are the newbies here. Keep posting.
ssflbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:46 AM   #3  

Got back from the Dr today and found out I now have to have an echocardiogram as well. That was scheduled for 7-7. There goes another week.....I'm going to call and see if they'll let me bug them everyday in case a cancellation comes in.

So ssflbelle, you going for your first consultation? Is this with your PCP or with the surgeon? Have you had all your tests done and such?
jujubeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 01:37 AM   #4  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

OOOh what a rollercoaster ride this time just before surgery is!

Don't worry, You've done your 6 months and have most of everything ready...tests will get done...iron will come up (good for you getting it up now, after surgery it's harder)...and all will happen soon.

Keep busy, start your exercise before surgery if you are up to it, practice chewing your food and sipping your water...it really does help, though it's a crash course afterwards. Have you checked out the pre-surgery shopping list?

AND..don't for get during this "rollercoaster ride', put up your arms and yell WOOHOO!!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 06-25-2008 at 01:38 AM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 316/SD300/254/180 RNY 3-4-08

Height: 5'8

LOL all I can say is DITTO to what Angel said! Start now so that it comes more natural afterward. I did that and it really helped! Good luck to both and keep us posted.
whitelion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM   #6  

my aunt had it & lost weight but threw up everyday and she is back to what she was before the surgery
crazyaboutgym is offline   Reply With Quote