Weight Loss Support - I Want.......

View Full Version : I Want.......

McKenziesmomma
06-24-2008, 09:24 AM
No matter where you are in your weight loss journey, I want to know what it is you want to accomplish by losing weight. How do you want to feel or think you will feel? If you have already met your goal weight, do you feel the way you thought you would....better....worse???

This is meant for motivation.....

I will kick it off...

I want to get out of bed every morning and actually want to take a shower and get ready because I know when I'm done getting ready I will be a hot hottie!!! LOL

I want to be able to go shopping and not go to the plus sized stores. I want to be able to find cute clothes that fit me and are flattering!

I want to be able to wake up next to my husband every morning (I used to not snore the the fatter I get the worse it gets. Now he goes to bed with me but as soon as I start snoring he gets up and goes to his room :( )

I want to have control over what I eat. I want to run my life....NOT FOOD!!!

Okay so thats a start...you guys tell me what you want ....or what do you imagine your life like at your goal weight???? :D

fiberlover
06-24-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm not quite at goal yet, but pretty close. Close enough that I appreciate things in a whole new light.

I get up every morning knowing that weight is never going to be a reason for health problems.

I love to go through a crowd unnoticed, not worrying that someone is going to yell insults at me

I now revel in clothes shopping, even though I still shop at Goodwill LOL!

I love knowing that I can eat yummy food, and that yummy food is good for me!

I love that my husband can't keep his hands off me (and I thought it was bad before :eek: )

For me, a huge goal was to jog 5K without stopping. I can do that now. While I don't know if the goal itself is enjoyable (still not sure if I actually enjoy jogging) - but the feeling of having accomplished that is a great big high!

McKenziesmomma
06-24-2008, 09:34 AM
That is so awesome! I'm so happy for you..

I want what she said too...LOL

JennyG
06-24-2008, 09:38 AM
I want...
to reach my goal by August 30 or be close to it, I have been dieting for 2 1/2 years now!
- I Want to be thin because :
I want to not be so self concious
I want to enjoy the way I look and wear smaller tighter clothes
I want to be healthy
And mostly I want to lose this weight so finally I can be happy!!!!

CandyKisses0204
06-24-2008, 09:44 AM
I want to lose because i want to be confident in myself again. Even at a seze 12 I was prolly the most confident person you would ever meet and now not so much.

I want to be able to run a 7min mile again. (this is going to take a lot of work)

I want to be able to control my hunger and have more self control over binges.

I want to be sexy and curvy not cute and lumpy

I want to be happy just being me!

onesullengurl
06-24-2008, 09:52 AM
*I want to feel comfortable wearing more than the one same stupid outfit I wear EVERY day ..

* I want to buy cute clothes and have fun with fashion again .. I ALWAYS loved clothes soooo much ( A obsession) now I dread even having to go get a single pair of jeans... ugh

* I want to be able to actually wear ANY bathing suit.... ( without wanting to drop dead)

* I want my husband to be attracted to me again ( trust me he is NOT )

* I want to be comfortable to get dressed in front of my husband again.

* I don't want to always think about what other people are thinking about me .. If they see the same thing I do ..or do they see worse or better? I HATE being so self conscious...

* I want to feel good about how I look again

* I want to look good and be a good role model for my kids teach them to be healthy and eat RIGHT.

* I want to get back my confidence , I remember when I'd go into public and not even think twice about it !.

* I really really want to stop being depressed about how I look .

* I want to wear shorts and tanks and SKIRTS and dresses.... did I mention SKIRTS? In the summer time when its HOT.

* most of all I just want my happy life back .

man that is ALOT of wants ! :lol: I jsut wish I WANTED to go exercise :rofl:

yoyonomoreinvegas
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
I want people to not be able to guess my age (from behind anyway :lol: ).
I want to fit into the pair of jeans I wore on our honymoon (that I still have - and have now moved from a box in the garage into the "pretty soon" closet in the spare room :carrot: ) - they are now in the "vintage" category so would be oh so chic :D
I want to always walk with a confident stride instead of slouching and lumbering along.
I want to be able to maintain my healthy attitude long enough that people who know me forget I how fat I was; and people who meet me for the first time think I've been thin and fit all my life.

Oooh, this was good. Sometimes I get in a bit of a rut and forget to reaffirm my commitment. Thanks.

kate1970
06-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I want to be able to buy super sexy clothes in normal shops.

I want to be able to go swimming in the pool, I dont use our communal pool as I dont want people seeing me in a swinsuit.

I want to be able to feel sexy.

I want my confidence back.

I want to look in the mirror and smile instead of feeling like crying.

McKenziesmomma
06-24-2008, 10:49 AM
OMG...WOW!

This is sooo good! I can relate to sooooo many of these....the one about wearing the same outfit everyday...thats me!!!! I only have a few things to wear that are comfortable...I always keep myself from buying clothes because I keep telling myself you'll lose weight and those clothes will be too big...either that or I can't find anything that fits cause everything is to small....YEAH RIGHT.....IF THAT SHIRT IS AN XXL THEN I'M A SUPER MODEL....LOL

I too have a pair of jeans that I hope to fit back into.....and I'm so glad this post could help motivate you!!

And I too want to cry everytime I look in the mirror and see my 50 chins...LOL

I guess that is another want....I WANT TO HAVE ONLY ONE CHIN!!!!

Doesn't if feel great to know that we aren't the only person who feels the way we do? That we aren't crazy.....or stupid.....or incapabile of having what we want!!!!!!

Thanks everyone :)

Kayhm0711
06-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Once I reach my goal I want to

Go shopping be able to wear cute clothes not plus size

I want to wear a Bikini or atleast a Tankini without a shirt over it next summer

I want to wear less clothes in the summer time because even though its like 80 90 degrees outside in the summer I almost always wear pants because I hate my legs and if I do wear shorts my thighs rub together and if I go somewhere like Kings Island and Amusement park and wear shorts eventually my legs get all sweaty and I get a rash on my thighs from them rubbing together how unattractive.

I want my fiance to find me irristable and for him not not be able to keep his hands off me like he use to when I was thinner.

I want to be confident in myself in all I do

I don't have any health problems now but I don't want my weight to manifest any health problems in the future as I get older.

wisher
06-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I want my boyfriend to think "wow she's so hot!" each time he looks at me

I want to have more energy (I'm halfway to my 100 lb. loss goal and I already notice a HUGE difference in my energy!)

I want to be able to wear shorts and skirts and tank tops and feel confident about it

I want to live for a very long time!!

HoneyMustard
06-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Just reading through and thought I drop my 2 cents in.

I want...to be able to go back home and not be recognized by the people I hate.

I want...to look like the teenager I feel like I am inside. I refuse to grow up!

Currently, I want to slap all the overweight women with clothes that are too tight walking around and thinking they look "sexy". Arrrrrrrgggggg.

There are toooooooo many wants in my life to list here!

Matilda08
06-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I want to be able to shop anywhere I want and look good in whatever it is I want to wear.

I want to like what I see when I look in the mirror.

Be able to walk up steps and jog without getting extremely tired

I just want to be healthy!!!

Sweetie72
06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
This is a great thread what a neat idea.

Most inportantly I want to be healthy, feel healthy and look healthy

I want to make good food choices without thinking about it.

Maybe people will quit asking me am I pregnant.

I want to wake up energized:carrot:and not tired.

I want to be able to to tie my shoes without any difficulty.

I dont want to wear the same outfits over and over again.

I want to quit making excuses not to go out with my friends because I dont want to be the only fat one in the group.

I want to enjoy shopping again.and be able to wear something, anything out of Victoria Secrets

This list can be endless but these are my favorites.

brownsugah
06-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I want to be able to wear less clothes, like kayhm said... i compare what other people wear in summertime to what i wear in summertime.. i wear like 5x more clothes than any "normal" sized person does..

I want to be able to smile widely in photos, which i dont do now because i know my chins will be worse if i do

I want it to be impossible for someone to call me fat ever again!

I want to not take up more than one seat in any given public transportation vehicle.

I want to stand a chance among the opposite sex- I am basically invisible at the state im in right now

I want to feel confident and feel like i look good

I want to not have to change outfits 109482 times before deciding what i will wear, because nothing "flatters my figure" (hello.... brownsugah your FIGURE is not flattering!! LOL)

I dont want to face diabetes which streaks all across my family tree

gahundy
06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
well I think everything I want has been listed here already. my voice is just another echo of struggle, depression and desire. but my number one goal is to stop waking up tired. It's just not right!

moony
06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Great thread!

I want to wear tank tops and show off my fabulous boobs without having to hide my upper arms!!
I want to fit into my favorite white hippy pants again
I want all of my boyfriend's musician buddies to think I'm good enough for him (my bf is a FOX)
I want my mom to be proud of me

Runfre
06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
WHOOOO HOOOOO! I AM THE QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!

That pretty much sums up how I felt after losing over 50 pounds and gettng FIT! I felt like I could do anything! I could do hard things and suceed! And I had the energy to do whatever I wanted. That awesome newfound confidence is more addictive and more of a "high" than food ever could be!

Yes, it was awesome to fit into tiny clothes again! Yes, it was and is fun for people to not believe I had 4 and 5 and 6 and 7 kids! Yes, it is still kinda nice when people think I am in my early 40's (even my KIDS think I am 40 something-which makes no sense as some are in their early 30's!!!)

BUT, it is the energy and healthy, wonderful way I feel everyday that makes it worth it. And HAS made it worth it for 30 years now.

I started doing things I truly never thought I could do - like running. I am asthmatic - I am too big I am too slow I am too tired - and yet...I started running and soon was running 10K's! The first time I crossed a finish line of a 10k I told my DH (who was kind enough to slow way down for me) I could conquer the world (in a good way!).

I decided to surf again! OK, I admit that was a disaster. Apparently surfing is NOT like riding a bike - you don't just pick it back up after 13 years and 5 kids - but at least I tried! The lifeguard had a less positive view of it...

I had much easier pregnancies too, for those who might be interested.

My kids grew up healthy, happy, active and with a fun Mom who had as much energy and interest in life as they did. Not one has ever had a weight problem and none have any food issues-they eat good healthful food and never crave sugar or fried foods because they never had any.

W took tons of family "field trips", went to shows, fairs, zoos, animals parks museums, hiking, biking, running, boating - you name we did it! I voluteered for 100's of field trips and taught church classes and Girl Scouts and on and on - I could say NO when I wanted to but I NEVER had to say NO again simply because I was too big or too tired! That was cool!

I know this is long and I probably sound a bit uppity when I say that I can't believe everyone wouldn't want to feel like I do!!! I feel 100% awesome - it was worth every "sacrifice", every bite I learned not to eat, every hour in the gym or on the track or trail and yes every tear I shed because it was SO HARD!

...I AM THE QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!

Mom2QJandT
06-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I want to feel like I'm free to be me and not trapped in my life because I'm scared to do anything different.

McKenziesmomma
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
What is wrong with me????
I started this thread so I could get in black and white what I want...why do I want to lose weight....so it would motivate me to get with it! I also wanted to know what motivates others...so I could find more things to motivate me!

So if I want to lose weight so bad....WHY can't I control myself at all.

I WANT to be able to have control over what I eat.....

I WANT to be able to have food in the house and not sit and think all day about the food that is in the house and wanting to eat it....and then actually going and eating it all!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!

cheeseheader
06-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Not only do I want to be healthy and be here for my family, I WILL be healthy and I WILL be here for my family!

HoneyMustard
06-24-2008, 04:04 PM
How about these wants.

When I get to my goal weight:

I want... to eat whatever I want!
I want... to never excersize again! At least not as hard.
I want... to not feel accountable for all my food wrongs!
I want... to not care whats good for me or not!

gailr42
06-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I have been on a few diets and lost weight quite successfully. I think my biggest "want" is to prove I can loose weight one final time and keep it off. I forgive myself for previous regaining because I didn't have a clue about maintenance. Now I do. I know I can do this!

marbleflys
06-24-2008, 05:48 PM
I want to tuck my shirt into my jeans
I want all the great fashionable clothes in my closet to FIT!
I want to just get dressed, not change 435 times and then fling my clothes around the room because each outfit "doesn't look right"...making me late for work.
I want to stand in front of the chalkboard and just write, and not hear that nagging voice that says...."they are all thinking boy did her *** GET BIG"
I want to be comfortable in my bathing suits!
I want my waist back most of all!!!

pinkcarnation
06-24-2008, 08:34 PM
I want stronger bones and muscles.
I want to banish depression with exercise and good nutrition.
I want to look elegant, not frumpy.
I want my menopot to go away.
I want a firmer jawline.
I want my thighs to stop rubbing together.
I want to be more comfortable in the Arizona heat.
I want to grow old with grace.

Heather
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
What is wrong with me????
I started this thread so I could get in black and white what I want...why do I want to lose weight....so it would motivate me to get with it! I also wanted to know what motivates others...so I could find more things to motivate me!

So if I want to lose weight so bad....WHY can't I control myself at all.

I WANT to be able to have control over what I eat.....

I WANT to be able to have food in the house and not sit and think all day about the food that is in the house and wanting to eat it....and then actually going and eating it all!!!

AHHHHHHH!!!!

I actually don't think there anything wrong with you. Or, if there is, there's something wrong with me too... I've lost over 100 pounds, but there are still some foods I can't have in the house and may never be able to (esp. desserts). They call to me.

And then there are days when I have a problem with lots of foods that are normally not a problem for me.

So, is it just some foods that you have problems with? Or certain times?

One thing I have learned is that in many ways I'm still the woman who ate her way to almost 300 pounds, and it takes work every single day for me to stay on plan. Some days are easier than others, and some days I don't stay on plan... but I think about this every single day.

You aren't alone!

Chelby29
06-24-2008, 10:01 PM
I, too, want to be healthy.
I want to watch my 4-year-old get old.
I don't ever want to embarrass my son.
I want to be confident again.
I don't want to be the fat friend.
BUT, I want to be happy today.

My sister says, "Either you are happy, or you are doing something to make yourself happy." We should all be proud of ourselves. We are doing something to make ourselves happy.

McKenziesmomma
06-24-2008, 10:25 PM
I actually don't think there anything wrong with you. Or, if there is, there's something wrong with me too... I've lost over 100 pounds, but there are still some foods I can't have in the house and may never be able to (esp. desserts). They call to me.

And then there are days when I have a problem with lots of foods that are normally not a problem for me.

So, is it just some foods that you have problems with? Or certain times?

One thing I have learned is that in many ways I'm still the woman who ate her way to almost 300 pounds, and it takes work every single day for me to stay on plan. Some days are easier than others, and some days I don't stay on plan... but I think about this every single day.

You aren't alone!

It is several foods I have problems with...but honestly I think it is emotional eating more so than anything....right now I am a housewife, mommy to a 10 month old girl, going to college, and studing for a major test for my teacher certification....(studing for two things at once can get tricky!!)

So there is anxiety...all these things I have to do...is the laundry done, clean the house, cook dinner, do my homework, study for the tests, play with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby, read to the baby, etc etc!!

And also my biggest down fall about dieting.....is all I think about is the diet...I'm always thinking about the food I'm gonna get to eat....and I think that keeps my mind on food...

I just have to keep my mind off food....thanks so much for the encouragement!!

Heather
06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
I eat when I'm stressed/anxious too. I don't mind when I think about food -- I like to PLAN my food and think about it frequently!! But I think the distinction I make is that I don't want food to CONTROL me.

Good luck -- this is hard under the best of circumstances. Stress doesn't help!

horsey
06-24-2008, 11:11 PM
I really WANT to wear skinny jeans, without a muffin belly, to show off my long legs once my upper body is thin again.

I really WANT to wear clothes again, like I used to, not hide beneath dark colors and blazers.

I want to wear at least a tankini on a trip, or a bikini even better.

Bonita Applebaum
06-25-2008, 02:21 AM
I want to put my seatbelt on and no see that extra roll hanging over.

I want to be able to do more than 10 push-ups.

Most importantly, I want to be in a bikini by next summer. There is no excuse for me not to be in a bikini in my mid-20s

McKenziesmomma
06-25-2008, 08:53 AM
Ohhh...I thought of another want...

I want....to be able to have a signiture so that I can have one of those tickers that eveyone has...LOL

chick_in_the_hat
06-25-2008, 09:49 AM
How about these wants.

:?: I'm going to assume that's sarcasm...unless maybe the last want is missing

I want...to go back to my highest weight and beyond....

That being said - :wave: to heavyandhomebound from a fellow Sacramentan. :D

I related to Runfre - :rofl: @ the surfing. I'm not at goal yet...but I'm close enough to feel pretty danged healthy. :carrot:

I want....to be less obsessed with food...

McKenziesmomma
06-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I want to win my first 5 lb challenge that I just signed up for today!!!!

Gracesmommy
06-25-2008, 03:49 PM
I want to lose my muffin top.

yoyonomoreinvegas
06-25-2008, 03:59 PM
How about these wants.

You know, I used to have all of those on my list of "wants" - and that's how I ended up with the screen name "yoyodieter". This time around they've all been amended:

I want... to eat whatever I want but that what I want will always be whole foods in healthy portions.
I want... to always have one more goal to keep my workouts as interesting as they are now.
I want... to have healthy choices come as second nature so being accountable for a food wrong is the least of my worries.
I want... to always care about whether something is healthy for me or not.

scrappinRN
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I want to be able to wake up next to my husband every morning (I used to not snore the the fatter I get the worse it gets. Now he goes to bed with me but as soon as I start snoring he gets up and goes to his room :( ):D

I did not know that , maybe that's why my DH complains about my breathing. Poor guy, he has to listen to that and it's not his fault.
I want:
to look in the mirror without feeling like a failure everyday
I want to be proud of who I am and have no shame
I want to be in control of me
I want to not be afraid to go on a roller coaster with my kids or any small area.

Heather
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
I started snoring when I got over 260 pounds or so... and stopped when I went below it! I'm pretty sure that, for me, snoring was tied to my weight!

Mango683
06-25-2008, 08:47 PM
I'll try and not make this list too long!

I want....

* to not be disgusted at the reflection looking back at me
* to be universally comfortable in a wide range of clothes
* to be healthy
* to have a level of confidence that I have never experienced before
* to have a relationship that I feel I deserve because I know I'm worthy of it, on all accounts, and have all my insecurities checked at the door
* to feel sexy, especially in the summer
* to not feel embarrassed when I run into people I have not seen in a long time
* to finally make my mom proud of me on all accounts
* to accomplish something I've never dreamed I could- I've finished college, gotten a great job, been independent- but losing the weight will be a major accomplishment for me
* to have more than one pair of favorite jeans!
* to be FIT not FAT

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar061/cartoonstar01/lb/245/155/217.25/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

meggoat
06-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I want to overhear my son's friends and not wonder whether they said "Your mom's fat!" or "Your mom's hot!"

Actually many of the wants people shared seem more like needs to me - like the need to feel good about yourself and the need to be healthy (and the two are probably related...) and the need to be in a bikini (well, it's hot at the beach...) :)

onesullengurl
06-25-2008, 09:26 PM
Ohhh...I thought of another want...

I want....to be able to have a signiture so that I can have one of those tickers that eveyone has...LOL

amen to that! :lol:

thesusanone
06-25-2008, 10:25 PM
I want to be able to take better care of my husband and my child, without feeling tired, achey and stressed out. I want to be able to clean up my house in half the time, with half the effort.

I want to be able to be able to stand and walk without pain or discomfort, for long periods of time.

I want to be able to go back packing with my husband, dad, and brother(s).

I want to be able to fit in to chairs (airplane seats, restaurant booths, etc) without feeling the chair digging in to me, or having to fold my arms across my chest. It would also be nice to not leave sweaty butt prints on chairs!!! Or not have to pick my clothes out of my butt when I stand up.

I want to blend in to the crowd more, without feeling so self conscious about my weight (and also at times noticing people looking at me weird or even saying rude things).

I want to go to my doctor one or 2 times a year, rather than 15 or 20 times!

Heather
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
I forgot my want!

I started this journey 3 years ago. I was 39 and I wanted to be fitter and healthier when I turn 50 than when I turned 40.

I'm well on my way. I'm fitter and healthier than at any point in my life.

McKenziesmomma
06-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I started snoring when I got over 260 pounds or so... and stopped when I went below it! I'm pretty sure that, for me, snoring was tied to my weight!

This is a definate for many people (not all)....my snoring started around the 195 mark...I know for a fact...

grneyedmustang
06-25-2008, 10:41 PM
I want to be able to get out of the plus sizes for good.

I want to be able to stop taking my blood pressure medication.

I want to be able to get ready to go out in 20 minutes and not an hour, because all my clothes fit me well.

I want to be able to shop at Express, The Limited, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Victoria's Secret, and every other store in the mall that stops at a 12, 14, or an L.

McKenziesmomma
06-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I want to be able to take better care of my husband and my child, without feeling tired, achey and stressed out. I want to be able to clean up my house in half the time, with half the effort.

Check out this website for great house cleaning tips for free:

flylady.net

This site is totally free and there is no spam.....you don't even have to sign up for it to access the info which is rare in this day and time.

She offers great advice on how to keep your home clean almost effortlessly....one of the things I had to do before a diet was clear the clutter in my home and get it clean. All the clutter and mess in my home was just dragging me down and keeping me from getting started on a diet because I was so overwelmed with all the "cleaning" that needed to be done. Someone recommended this site to me! I checked it out for a few weeks and made my control journal....My house has been clean and clutter free for about 2 months which is why I decided to start my "diet/life style change". Now when I get up in the morning I'm greeted by a clean kitchen...its much easier to prepare healthy meals in a clean kitchen rather than just go get fast food cause there isn't a clean space on my counter top to prepare food....LOL

Hope this helps :)

ninepaw
06-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Ooh, fun idea. So many possibilities!

>I WANT to be able to shop wherever I please - NOT plus size stores!

>I WANT to be confident in myself, and think I look great.

>I WANT to get my bellybutton pierced, when I have my goal tummy.

>I WANT to wear the dress in my mother's closet that I think is absolutely adorable.

>I WANT to have guys walking by check me out - Even though I'm taken!

>I WANT to be more energetic.

>I WANT to look fabulous for my senior portraits.

Goodness! I could go at this forever it seems like... Great idea!:D

preetyladyserenity
06-26-2008, 06:01 AM
I Want the possibilities of getting sick to be minimal (parent's parents suffered from diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer, blood pressure and heart disease).

I Want to wear my first bikini before turning 25.

I Want to replace my wardrobe with cute dresses, skirts and sleeveless tops.

I am the queen of style so I want more clothe possibilities.

I Want to feel confident enough when a guy sees me and not think that he will never be interested in me erotically.

jacqu79
06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
I want to look hot and sexy at my 30th birthday party(next Feb) as I looked fat and awful at my 21st. :(

I want to be able to wear anything I want and look good.

I want to be able to walk past shop windows and see my reflection and smile, rather than be disgusted at what I see.

I want to be able to wear shorts to the gym.

I want the guy I love to see me in a different light.

I want to be able to have fun while out with my friends, flirting with guys, instead of sitting in the corner being ignored and feeling awkward.

I'm going to achieve all these things fairly soon, and I can't wait!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Spoz
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
I want to be able to say I'm unhappy because... rather than use food as my excuse of unhappiness.

I want to be able to zip up a pair of size tens and feel every bit as gorgeous as I know I am.

I want to be able to feel proud when I go for checkups that I'm not just another overweight statistic, but HEALHTY.

And I want to be a stronger more upbeat person!

I also have a lot of beautiful shoes, and I need to do them justice :D

Tomato
06-26-2008, 09:23 AM
I WANT to get off my high blood pressure medication (at my last checkup in early June, I was at "high end of normal" - woohoo! - I can see light at the end of the tunnel)

I WANT to buy clothes on "I like this" basis, not on "It is big enough for me" basis

I WANT to be healthy

I WANT to have a toned body and defined muscles

I WANT to look like my greyhounds (I already have the big chest, hahaha, now I just need the tiny waist). :D

piperboo
06-26-2008, 11:28 AM
I want to have a baby after 9 years of trying (through two marriages).

I want to have pictures that I look good in without having to take them myself (self portraits) from the "right angle".

I want his ex-wife not to wonder why he is with me.

I want to be able to buy real suits that fit my boobs (size 22 jackets always are made for women with bigger breasts than me) so that I can look more professional and "crisp".

With that above - I want people in my client network to take me more seriously. I think looks have a lot to do with professional power. If you can take care of yourself, you can take care of a client.

I want to buy lingerie and not have to worry if my "rolls" will look ok in it.

I want to be able to get a little sun and not have to worry about stretching a certain way so that the sun hits all areas...

I want to wear my high heels comfortably.

I want sex to be phenomenal...because there is less fat in the way.

I want to not have to worry about riding roller coasters or sitting in airplane seats.

I want there to be plenty of room in the seatbelt before it clicks and locks me in.

I want to turn heads again - I miss that feeling of knowing I caught someones eye. (I had it only once in my life after I had lost 50 lbs during college)

I want to know what it's like to FEEL better.

I want to do a cartwheel again.

McKenziesmomma
06-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I thought of some really important wants today......I was taking my shower after my walk tonight and I was just reflecting on how it would feel when I got there.....you know....to my goal weight. I thought .....I want to reward myself BIG TIME when I get there so this is what I want.....

I want to go to the local spa and get the works...manicure, pedicure, and a wonderful hour long massage....maybe even a mud bath or sea weed wrap...LOL

I want to get my hair cut, high lighted and low lighted, and styled my eyebrows waxed and maybe even a bikini wax....OUCH

I want to get my nails done

I want to buy a smokin' hot dress that I look fabulous in.....and maybe a few casual outfits....

I want to get a cabin or nice hotel for the weekend in a big city somewhere ....maybe New York...or Vegas....

I want to have a nice meal at a place you have to dress up to go to and have reservations....

I want to go to an opera or musuem or musical or do something cultural thats fun that doesn't involve FOOD

I want to have awesome sex and not wonder if my husband is thinking about how fat I am...LOL...and for it to be great for me cause I'm not worried about how I look

I think that was everything

BMWGirl
06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
:hug: This thread is awesome!

...Okay here are mine, kinda long. :p

1. I know my boyfriend loves me, but I told him I do not want to put him through the embaressment of him having a fat bride. So, I don't want to get engaged or even take photos together-- all because of my own insecurities. We've been together 3 years. He said he doesn't care, but.. I do. :(

2. I want to hang out with my friends again! Even when I was a size 16 I ran around alllll the time and had fun. But, since I got even bigger, I am kind of a recluse and don't even hang out with my friends anymore because I am worried they will be embaressed to be seen with me. They haven't done anything to make me feel that way, it's all in my head I am sure. :^:

3. I want to go to the mall with my mom! I am worried I will embaress her so when we go anywhere it's usually to the book store or just driving around in the car to look at other cars.. because I guess I use that as a crutch to not have to go to clothing stores with her. :(

4. I want to go to college! I have had more than enough opprotunities and even have a legal-sponsor to try to get me into law school after my undergrad but I keep making excuses because I am too embaressed to even TRY to go to school. I am so scared the other people will make comments about my weight or I will be treated differently.

5. I want to buy another sports car! I loved racing but being huge definitely slows you down... hence the luxury cars now. :(

6. I want to make my family proud! ...Everyone always said I was going to be "such a heartbreaker" when I got older and I felt like I disappointed everyone by letting myself go.. I don't even go to my families house for Christmas or Thanksgiving because I don't want them to focus on my weight-- because they will!

7. I want to be able to go to any store and find something to try on to buy. Right now I just walk around and roam the racks. One time I was in the juniors section looking for a shirt for my friend and the sales lady (who was an older lady, approx 70), said, "Oh sweetie, you are in the wrong section. The plus sizes are over here." .... So mortifying. I wasn't even looking for me. :( ...

8. I want to be able to wear short sleeves. I wear long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves and have for the past 6 years. If I wear a t-shirt I wear a white 3/4 sleeve tight shirt under it so you can't see my arm fat/bumpies.

9. I want to wear string bikini panties again! I wear bikinis now but since my body really has no shape anymore it doesn't freakin matter! :mad:

10. I want to be able to know what size I am going to be when I go to the clothing store. It's so freakin embaressing when the last size you were 4 months ago was an 18 and now you're trying to find some 20's at Old Navy only to feel ashamed when the sales girl is like "Uh we only carry the plus on our website now. Sorry." ... :^:

11. My high heels. I have a shoe obsession. I buy generally a pair a week. They are always heels and generally teetering on the realm of collapsability. I used to be so comfortable in heels that I even had a couple pair that I could practically run in! Now, I don't ever wear them in public because I am worried people will make fun of me, the fat chick, for trying to wear heels. ...I do, however, put them on in private and admire my feet in them in the mirror! So hot! :D

12. Pink linen pants. Halter tops. Smaller bras! (Wear a 40D right now) ...

13. Breakdancing. My boyfriend is a breakdancer and I find it AMAZING! ...Although I've never been able to do it.. I'd like to eventually lose the weight then begin strength training and attempt to do it.. ATTEMPT. My boyfriend and his other friends are all like 5'8" and under (I'm 5'10") and asian or latino so they make it look easy.. but, we'll see if I can do it!

14. My EXES Derek and Jesse. During my relationship with Jesse I gained approx 100lbs so I'd like to lose the weight to shake my fine *** in his face! ..Derek got some other chick pregnant while we were together and I heard she is fat now, so same thing for him!

...These are the ones I can think of for now! :D

McKenziesmomma
06-27-2008, 11:54 PM
1st and foremost I'm so proud of you for "coming out" and posting your weight....that was truely the first step for youin changing your life forever!

2nd of all....Girl it sounds like you got a good MAN...hang on to him...but I would have to say your last comment about getting back at your ex's.....you are too good for that...I believe that you should do this for you and to be healthy.....don't get me wrong.....it would feel good....but how would it make you feel if your BF wanted to do something to get back at an ex??? Wouldn't you rather him do it to make himself happy and to be happier with you? It would really hurt my feelings to know that my husband still thought about his ex's and let them have that much power over him.....

Forgive and forget....sounds like you have a really great life right now....BF and family and all.....you just gotta shed some weight so you can be healthy enough to enjoy it!!!!

I know what you are going through though....I can relate to you and your story in so many ways its not even funny.....

Your gonna do this! I just know it! :) :hug: :hug: :cheer:

BMWGirl
06-28-2008, 12:06 AM
1st and foremost I'm so proud of you for "coming out" and posting your weight....that was truely the first step for youin changing your life forever!

2nd of all....Girl it sounds like you got a good MAN...hang on to him...but I would have to say your last comment about getting back at your ex's.....you are too good for that...I believe that you should do this for you and to be healthy.....don't get me wrong.....it would feel good....but how would it make you feel if your BF wanted to do something to get back at an ex??? Wouldn't you rather him do it to make himself happy and to be happier with you? It would really hurt my feelings to know that my husband still thought about his ex's and let them have that much power over him.....

Forgive and forget....sounds like you have a really great life right now....BF and family and all.....you just gotta shed some weight so you can be healthy enough to enjoy it!!!!

I know what you are going through though....I can relate to you and your story in so many ways its not even funny.....

Your gonna do this! I just know it! :) :hug: :hug: :cheer:

Aww! You are so sweet! :D ...Yeah my boyfriend is great! I guess I am most upset because you know most of his friends have really fine girlfriends/wives and you know he has the cool, but fat, girl... and I want him to feel proud of me. He says that he is but I guess I just don't agree. :p

The only reason why I list my exes, and I know its totally wrong!, but... they kind of both tried to ruin me after our relationships ended and made me feel really crappy about myself.. I pretty much went into depression and started hating myself ... I know you should never let a guy do that to you but I was young (still am) and impressionable and I guess it would be victorious in my mind ... to face them once I "achieve the ultimate" for myself and show them that although they had control over me then... I have control over me now. I guess I should've just worded it better. :p ... But I definitely see where you're coming from.

You're so sweet! :carrot: I love you like my sister already! Let's do this! :hug:

marbleflys
06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I went to the salon the other day for a HC.....when I get to 150 I am going to have that Brazilian wax....(i'm always wondering what the tech. would think, that fat woman, what does she need with a wax job for)

Pandora123a
06-28-2008, 08:55 AM
I want...

...to be healthy
...to be able to buy clothes in any store
...to own clothes in one size that stays the same forever. (In other words, not to have five different sizes of clothes stored all over the house.)
...not to feel apologetic because of my size
...to fit in any seat on an airplane, theater, or restaurant without worrying or being uncomfortable
...not to have the person next to me on the airplane wince when I appear
...to stop snoring
...to eat in a way that makes food enjoyable and healthy
...to feel good about moving my body
...to look good

McKenziesmomma
06-28-2008, 09:27 AM
I went to the salon the other day for a HC.....when I get to 150 I am going to have that Brazilian wax....(i'm always wondering what the tech. would think, that fat woman, what does she need with a wax job for)

HA HA HA...I couldn't help but laugh when I read this!! Sooo funny!

Hey BMWgirl.....you've mentioned college and wanting to go ....you know the longer you wait the harder it will be for you to go cause then you'll all be like....but I'm too old and everyone else will be just out of high school...which isn't true cause I'm 27 and I go..LOL...but anywho....I know you are scared and you have already taken so many big leaps here....but....maybe you can check and see if there are any online classes and register and just take some....I bet getting a couple of A's in some college courses would only boost your confidence!!!!...Also...the longer you wait when you finally do go they will make you take a bunch of stupid catch up courses....like instead of just being able to take the math or english you need for your major they will make you take catch up classes to get you ready for the ones you need.

Check it out

piperboo
06-28-2008, 11:39 AM
BMWgirl I TOTALLY know what you mean. I made a special trip to Old Navy (one that carried the plus sizes) and when I got there...website only. I was so mad.
Also, I know what you mean about the exes too...I am completely and utterly in love with my husband, but part of me is looking forward to putting new HOT pics up on Myspace so the ex hubby can see how great I am doing. It's something stuck down in the bottom of the heart that wants to show them that they didn't hurt you and you are doing better than ever....

ninepaw
06-28-2008, 02:11 PM
I have to add more, because I came up with some after I made my last post in here...

I WANT to be able to fit in my adorable pair of size 13/14 capris I have in my dresser from 2 years ago.

I WANT to be able to wear an acctual bikini someday... I see no reason for a 17 year old to not be able to wear a freaking bikini!

I WANT to form good habits NOW while I'm young, so someday when i have kids I can actually be a good example for them.

I WANT to surprise people by going back to school in august looking WAY better than when I left this year!

I WANT to be able to wear shorts again... I absolutely REFUSE to right now, but back two years ago I had a couple pairs that I looked pretty awesome in... That needs to come back!

I should make a blog about all the things I want out of weight loss and just add to it every time I think of something... And I can cross things out when I achieve them to make myself feel good about my progress. :)

katenicole
07-02-2008, 09:18 AM
I want to feel good about myself.

I want to never be asked if I'm pregnant again even though I am not!:mad:

I want jeans to fit right and not have the urge to wear leggings every day, even though I love them, because I know how the jeans will make my misproportioned tummy look.

I want to look just as good as the friends I go out with and not be the fat one in the group who gets depressed before every time we go because every thing I try on is unflattering.

I don't want to feel sluggish.

I don't want to have high blood pressure, which I was getting close to.

I want to wear a bikini at the beach when I go:dizzy: and look good. (I can't stand one-pieces and want something more than my tankini.)

McKenziesmomma
07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Its my first TOM since I decided to change my lifestyle and actually stick with it.....I'm tired and could eat about 10 extra cheese and pepperoni pizzas...LOL

I WANT to get through my TOM and not quit my diet and gain 10 lbs!

I WANT to get off my butt and go exercise right now and beat TOM! Oh...okay guess I better go do this...LOL

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wN3X5sB/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wN3X5sB/)

sm177
07-03-2008, 12:04 AM
I want to love getting up in the morning and getting ready without my first thought being "I hope I don't overeat today"

I want to NOT be CONSTANTLY thinking about food. It has taken over my life.

I want to feel good in any clothes I wear.

Whenever someone takes my picture I don't want to be thinking about what my "good" angle is!

I want to stop letting men treat me badly and be more confident so I can believe I can do better.

Most of all I want to be confident and be in control.

SS Mama
07-03-2008, 02:20 AM
I want to look nice

I want to not hesistate to talk to someone b/c of my weight

I want to be a good example to my kids

I want to be a good steward of the body I've been given

I imagine my life at goal weight as being "normal"

SS Mama
07-03-2008, 02:24 AM
Great post!

Lori Bell
07-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I want my husband to remember that Friday is freaking weigh day, (for the last 25 Fridays) and actually remember and show interest in my progress without me waiting all morning to see if he remembers and/or gives a crap. Which he never does.

Sassy_Chick
07-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Most of mine are the same as others, but here goes:

I want to be healthy and not have Diabetes or High Cholesterol!!

I want to go shopping anywhere I want too, not have to go the plus size stores or order offline!

I want people who haven't seen me in a long time to not even recognize me and then when they realize it is me to go "D@mn!!!" :yikes: lol.

I want to be a mommy and a healthy mommy and be able to play with my future children and have lots of fun with them!

I want to have "the old me" back, the one who was always on the go and had lots of "get up and go" now its "got up and went" lol.

I too want control over food and not let it control me!!!

I want to have the energy to exercise and to love exercise again!!!

:hug:

McKenziesmomma
07-04-2008, 11:10 PM
I want my husband to remember that Friday is freaking weigh day, (for the last 25 Fridays) and actually remember and show interest in my progress without me waiting all morning to see if he remembers and/or gives a crap. Which he never does.

I've spoken to my husband about this. He said he doesn't know what he should or shouldn't say...he said he has made comments before that he thought was encouragement and I got mad apparently??!! So, we talked! I told him the things I would appriciate him taking interest in, and days I weigh in and such....now he doesn't do it everyday which I like cause some days I suck and don't want to talk about it and if he did ask everyday I would think he really didn't care that he was just doing it cause I said something....

One of the biggest things I have discovered in marriage is how differently men and women are and how differently we communicate....it is soooooo often women are quick to get upset with our hubbies for not noticing something...or in reality not being telepathic and reading our minds...LOL

Talk to your husband.....I bet he will come around! :hug:

Starrynight
07-04-2008, 11:56 PM
ooohh I love this thread!!

- I want to not feel like I need to cover up
- I want to not tug on my clothes all the time
- I want to feel more comfortable in my own skin
- I want to feel sexier (although my boyfriend always made me feel sexy, I want to feel sexy without needing him to tell me)
- I want to feel girly and feminine
- I want to get out of the double digits (size 11/12 right now) and eventually get into an 8
- I want to feel comfortable running around without feeling jiggling, and to have TONS of more energy (already getting there)
- I WANT to enter my 20's fresh, with a body I never had before, and renewed confidence in myself.
- I want my body to compliment the way I feel, not to get in the way

Most of all, I want a healthy lifestyle so that when I'm older, I won't FEEL old, and I will be able to AVOID health problems as a result of good eating and exercise.

exalya
07-05-2008, 01:52 AM
I want to feel good about the food I eat, and the nutrition I receive.

I want to feel like I'm strong and healthy.

I want to go into my closet and wear any shirt I feel like wearing.

I want to sit around a group of friends wearing shorts and not worry about how my thighs look.

I want to be comfortable in my own skin.

piperboo
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Thought of a new one...

I want to be able to cross my legs!

KateV
07-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I just posted this in another thread, but...this one is too perfect!

1.To have tons of clothes that don't fit for a different reason! They're too darn big!
2. To feel the benefits of being a non-smoker and climb stairs without huffing and puffing. (I quit smoking 8 months ago)
3. To feel like I have the 20-something body I'll look back on someday and wish I still had.
4. To quit telling myself to remember to suck it in when in the presence of others.
5.To start healthy habits that my (future) children will emulate.
6.To quit putting on pantyhose like I'm stuffing a sausage
7.To wear a lightweight blouse without concern for the rolls under the back of my bra.
8.To see my cheekbones again.
9.To laugh without my tummy laughing too.
10.To make love with confidence
11. To relax in a hot bubble bath without my tummy getting cold.
12. To see my silhouette without thinking of Alfred Hitchcock.
13. To have as many dresses as I have pairs of earrings.
14. To cross my legs, tucking one foot behind my lower calf.
15. To wear tucked-in blouses and fun belts.
16. To lower the food/beverage tray on an airline with room to spare.
17. To look down and see only my cute shoes.
18. To have A chin, not multiple.
19. To wear short skirts while I still can.
20. To have arms, not flapping appendages.
21. To wear Victoria's Secret.
22. To think I could have a chance with Matt Damon.
23. To wear a bikini.
24. To not wonder "Does my butt look THAT big?"
25. To experience asking for/buying a smaller size.
26. To weigh less than my husband!

Jmac33
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Today is "THE DAY" for me. I have finally started on losing weight and getting healthier today! I saw this post and thought it was a great idea for motivation.

I want to...
1. Be able to keep up with my 4 year old and for him to not be embarrassed by me and my weight.:o
2. Be able to have more stamina and endurance while doing physical activities.
3. Wear shorts confortably (not just my husband's basketball shorts!) :mad:
4. Be able to buy all of those cute little sun dresses that I have seen without feeling like I'm as big as a circus tent in them.
5. Having more confidence.
6. Not being so consumed with my weight every day! Focusing that energy on something positive!
7. Having more energy!!
8. Be able to walk in a store and find my size without having to immediately go to the biggest size on the back of the rack.

Good luck to everyone!

MelodyLeigh
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
- I want to be able to run a mile and not even think about it.

- I want to feel pretty for once in my life..

- I want to have so much more confidence.

- I do NOT want to be the many who gain the "Freshman 15." I'm starting college in a month, so I'm trying to prevent that by having good diet habits now.

- I want to believe my boyfriend when he says that I'm beautiful.

Nightingale68
07-10-2008, 03:32 PM
i want to feel full of energy, all the time
to inspire my daughter to be healthy and fit
to look at myself in photographs and not worry about how big I look
to stop saying that clothes shrunk lol
to live many many years more
to be able to go shopping for clothes and not feel like going home instead
to walk/run/jump/shake my bootie and know everything will stop moving when i stop ;)