General chatter - Myspace???

View Full Version : Myspace???

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Umm... I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so I thought this might be the right place. I was just wondering if anyone has a myspace and if 3FC ever thought of setting up a myspace or already has one? I know there's gotta be lots of overweight women that could really use the support that you guys provide but don't really know where or how to find it! Anyhow, I have a myspace if anyone wants the link... peace!

auntie g
06-23-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a myspace. I'm on right now. PM me the link and I'll see you there!

GradPhase
06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I've got one, too =)

nelie
06-23-2008, 10:41 PM
This isn't meant as a joke or ridicule but I am sure there are some myspace peeps around but there may not be that many. I always think of myspace as a younger generation thing (and I'm 33). You might have luck in the 20 somethings group:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=56

I personally find myspace annoying and avoid it.

midwife
06-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Heh. I'm right there with you, Nelie. A friend sent me a link to her myspace page and I checked it out and it had pictures of her kids and all the things that she likes to do. Which is cool, but I see her kids everyday and I already know all the stuff she likes to do. So I don't really see the point of a webpage about it---unless we lived in different states or something.

It was nice of her to think of me, but I clearly miss the point of myspace.

I'm 35, and I don't know how to text either. I ask my kids, "Why don't you just call your friend and talk to them?"

How am I old when I am only 35? :lol:

auntie g
06-23-2008, 10:55 PM
LOL! I'm 43 and I love myspace! It actually started out as a way to keep in touch with the teenage nieces and nephews, but then a lot of my circle got hooked into it, too. Now the young'ns have mostly moved on to Facebook, and I tried that, but I liked myspace better!

midwife
06-23-2008, 10:59 PM
:lol: I'm impressed, auntie g!

Suzanne 3FC
06-23-2008, 11:00 PM
We created one but never pursued it. I guess it's time :)

fancy daisy
06-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Indeed I believe it would do good!!

net knee
06-23-2008, 11:25 PM
mine is stephanie52600 you put that in after the www. .com/stephanie52600

i LOOOOOOVE myspace... great way to keep in touch with my college and high school friends

Sassy_Chick
06-23-2008, 11:31 PM
I have one to keep in touch with my friends and family because of my shift (I work nights) it isn't always possible for me to call them you know at 2 in the morning when my lunch is. lol!!!

GradPhase
06-23-2008, 11:37 PM
We should make a 3FC Group!

I would, but I don't know how!

Sweet Sissy
06-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm a big MySpacer, it's how I keep in touch with friends from middle school, high school, college, and friends I have scattered across the country. I have my own .com for blogging, and keep my profile private so as to avoid spammers/crazies. I don't know what the big debate is between Myspace and Facebook, personally I find there's more room for personalization and individuality on MS, though FB is a good resource for finding former classmates.

What's the big deal?

GradPhase
06-23-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't like facebook at all. I'm a myspace addict though. I've moved 14 times in 19 years, and it's soo exciting to find people I went to school with when I was little.

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I have to agree that Myspace is much better... I like it most of the time! If anyone is wanting to add me, just pm me and I'll send you the link!

full of grace
06-24-2008, 02:16 AM
We created one but never pursued it. I guess it's time :)

Yes, please. :D

I'm a huge MySpace fan (even though I was late to the party and didn't join as early as most of my friends did).

I've found it's been hugely helpful for all of the getting back in touch with folks and keeping up with friends and family states away from us, but also for building a fanbase in a couple of business areas for which I have developed professional pages.

I'm also active in a few groups at MySpace, based on interest area, hobbies, causes, as well as business and social ones.

Oh... and I'm nearly 40. ;) :p (And I'm learning how to text.) Hee!

Please let us know if there is an official 3FC MySpace page, as I'd love to add it and show my support via MySpace as well as here and at my blog. :carrot:

Shopaholic1204
06-24-2008, 04:50 AM
I would love to join a 3FC myspace group. I'm always on it..lol.

FrouFrou
06-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Same here...

I LOVE myspace and I disagree...it's not just for the young! :D

Hat Trick
06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
I text -- but I need reading glasses to see the dang numbers and letters!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

full of grace
06-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I text -- but I need reading glasses to see the dang numbers and letters!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!

TJFitnessDiva
06-25-2008, 12:06 AM
I love MySpace!!! I use it to promote my business and to keep up with family & friends. We all got scattered when Hurricane Katrina came and some are still where they evacuated to.

NightengaleShane
06-25-2008, 12:09 PM
I love MySpace and am in several groups. Some people on there are awesome, friendly, and supportive, whereas others are snarky, annoying, and immature.

Anyone at 3FC can feel free to add me: http://www.myspace.com/ikoniconscience :)

As for texting, I do that sometimes, but I often wonder what happened to old fashioned calling? A lot of my friends will just text me compulsively... it gets annoying and if they want to talk to me so badly (and OBVIOUSLY have SO much to SAY!), why don't they just call me?!

Operator265
06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Thanks to 3FC I've finally got online with Boards. I also got an I-phone type cell phone and have begun texting with my DD who is staying with her dad. I just got them Black Jacks and she was texting her friends for the first 400 miles of the trip to Dad's. Now I'm not the worst mom on the planet anymore.:dz:

Also, I will be getting my older DD to help me with MySpace here soon. But first I have to settle my 3FC addiction or I will never get anything done around the house.:s:

nelie
06-25-2008, 12:40 PM
I used to text, I no longer do. Maybe it is just me getting older :)

Maybe it is just the myspace pages that I've seen. I have some (younger) relatives with myspace pages and they would post photos and what not on myspace. Whenever I went to look, I just got annoyed at the 'busyness' of it. As a result, I can no longer look at myspace pages :)

zoritsa
06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
I love myspace.It has gotten me back in touch with a few friends who moved away,and I can keep in contact with some of my cousins(most of the older ones don't use it,but the younger ones do).My husband and I joined so we could keep tabs on our oldest son...but I'm on every day looking for relatives and friends now,lol.

Pixiesue
06-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Look for me! polly on myspace

GradPhase
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
A ton of my friends' parents also have a myspace. My boyfriend's mom comments me almost every day, but he refuses to let her on his profile, haha. It's pretty cute. I love the diversity in age groups :carrot:

My husband and I joined so we could keep tabs on our oldest son...but I'm on every day looking for relatives and friends now,lol.

full of grace
06-26-2008, 05:05 AM
My page is blueberry pie *sigh*..one of my very favorite childhood foods but alas, I'm allergic to wheat now and can't find a good gluten free recipe..

Not to hijack the thread, but have you checked out "Gluten-Free Girl" and her amazing blog?

http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

Her recipes are here: http://gluten-freerecipes.blogspot.com/

But I really enjoy her blog post the most. Really good stuff!

Okay, back to our MySpacing. ;)

net knee
06-26-2008, 05:18 AM
I also play a mean Halo 3 on xbox 360 live :D

OMG my boyfriend would LOVE you!! He's a HUGE halo 3 live player. He could spend 12 hours on there if I wasn't there to bug him to get off it! heh such a great girlfriend... but he wouldn't eat if I didn't bug him to shut the damn thing off!

I love myspace!! 3FC gets the same love as myspace tho! I bounce between here and there all the time!

Halsey Alyn
06-26-2008, 05:47 AM
I have a Myspace - though I typically only use it as a sort of e-mail. I tried Facebook - but found it annoying with all of those Applications (Which Myspace is starting to do now. VERY annoying). Anyways.. It's a nice site for people you don't see much to keep in contact.

GradPhase
06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Oh man, I feel the same way about the stupid applications!!

StillTryin
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I have myspace myyearbook and some other social networking sites pages and DO NOT USE THEM. I am 36, tend to be pretty tech savvy. But just do not see the point to them.. I do use text messages A LOT!!!! But something about myspace and others just do not agree with me.

RissaIsAFatty
06-26-2008, 05:48 PM
I use a couple of the applications, but most of them get on my nerves. Especially dealing with the comments and messages sent by those apps. That's why I set my account to NOT accept them!

Ann1231
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but have you checked out "Gluten-Free Girl" and her amazing blog?

http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/

Her recipes are here: http://gluten-freerecipes.blogspot.com/

But I really enjoy her blog post the most. Really good stuff!

Okay, back to our MySpacing. ;)

no I haven't. thank you very much for the link!

full of grace
06-26-2008, 07:58 PM
no I haven't. thank you very much for the link!

Hope you find something great!! :)

djay
06-26-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm 47 and I have a myspace. My daughter takes A LOT of pics of my grandaughter and posts them. I can go there any time and see and copy pics of my favorite toddler. Also My sister's who live in another state,(ages 42 and52) have myspace for much of the same reason and we stay in touch with each other on it. Love it...It's not just for kids anymore.

crazycurls
06-27-2008, 03:17 AM
I am a total myspace addict and so is my mom!!! It's a great way to keep in contact with old friends and the relatives that live a million miles away. I now get to keep in contact with cousins I only spoke to once a year!

ThisTimeIsDifferent
07-01-2008, 10:38 AM
I have a myspace and I love it! I'm a myspace addict...LOL!

http://www.myspace.com/magicalbutterflyandfairys