Atkins - String Cheese...

View Full Version : String Cheese...

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok, I'm a cheese lover here. While at the store today, I just happened to pick up a bag of string cheese to look at the label. It says Og and there's also no fiber. I know that's what I'm supposed to go by, but it seems too good to be true! So... if there's no carbs to limit my intake, what is an acceptable amount to eat throughout the day?:?::D

SoulBliss
06-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Are you on induction? Have you read the books? Many Atkins people limit the cheese to 2 oz. a day or even less if they "stall". Most count each oz. as having a gram or so of carbs too.

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have the book yet. My mom has multiple copies and is going to bring me one ASAP (she lives an hour or so away). Until then, I'm going on what I remember and what I've been told. Thanks though, I appreciate it!

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 08:15 PM
Why do they limit the amount of cheese intake (just curious)? I mean, you would think the calcium intake would be good for you and stuff, but I suppose it might be fattening as well!

JerseyGyrl
06-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Cheese is limited to 3-4 oz. per day:
Keep in mind that cheese does contain carbs, about 1 gram per once. You may have about 3 to 4 ounces of cheese per day. An ounce is about the size of an individually wrapped slice of American cheese.
Cheese Including:

Blue cheeses
Cheddar
Cow, sheep and goat
Cream cheese
Feta
Gouda
Mozzarella
Parmesan
Swiss

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Oh, then I'm fine. I didn't go over it or anything! Still wondering why it says O grams though, if there's 1 gram/ounce! Is it a trick? Thanks much!

JerseyGyrl
06-23-2008, 10:11 PM
With labeling on foods, if its just short of 1 carb...they can get away with calling it 0.

RissaIsAFatty
06-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Haha... sneaky little suckers!