Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 06-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Question And then, what?

I have a substantial supply of jeans in my closet. The only problem is, hmmm, with the exception of 2 pairs, the rest does not fit. There is a small number of jeans that I already left by the wayside as my weight loss progressed, but there is a much higher number of jeans that are way too small. That in itself would not be too bad, IF they all were not in the shape that Stacey and Clinton like to criticize so much - wide hips and a very narrow at the hem. And not only that - the other day, I pulled them all out and started to check out what sizes there are. Would you believe it if I told you that I have about TEN pairs in size 31 (all of them in the above-mentioned style).
What was I thinking when I was buying those?
Was I thinking I would be size 31 forever?
Was I thinking that the shape was somehow flattering to me?
Was I thinking - AT ALL?!?

Oh, and there is even one pair in size 28, that I have never had on, not even once.

On a brighter note, a couple of weeks ago I ogled 3 pairs of jeans (all in the size, 12 T) that I bought approximately 2 years ago [that is, I bought one pair in summer and then my then-boyfriend gave two more pairs for Christmas except that they no longer fit, so 2 pairs are still with the store tags]. When I tried them on, I still had an at least 2 good inches gap at the waist (and I have no intention of 'squeezing' myself into smaller jeans just for the sake of wearing a smaller size). I put them on this morning, and geez, they are ALMOST too loose!
So I am on my last ''wearable" pair of jeans (in triplicate, nevertheless), with a ton of jeans in the unflattering style. What do I do when I lose some more weight and these will be falling off me?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #2  

Height: 5' 8"

I can answer that in two words - GO SHOPPING!

I finally gave in an went over the weekend even though I still have a couple pair I can still wear but they are really threadbare at the inner thigh (from when I was in denial and still squeezing into them even though they were way too small ). I had a blast shopping for the first time in so long I can't even remember. There is nothing more liberating and motivating than buying a new pair of jeans in a smaller size - unless maybe it's pulling that first pair off the rack in the size you think you wear only to find they fall off of you .
yoyonomoreinvegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

My daughters call that style "suck down" jeans. I recently cleaned out my closet & drawers and found over 10 pairs of old jeans. Most were this style, some were Carpenter jeans, some were old straight leg style. I gave them all away to my church for a garage sale. If they don't sell them, they give them to charity. I say "go shopping" too! The newer bootcut style is very flattering for most people.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Yep, get rid of 'em and go shopping! Stacey and Clinton are right!
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote