Old 06-23-2008, 06:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: June 23- June 29

New Pages
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:37 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

WOW.....I am seriously out of it! I was sitting here chuckling to myself thinking.....poor Rhonda. She told us to go to the new pages and then she ran out of time to make new ones. I had convinced myself that today was June 30th! Hmmm......I guess I need to slow down and take a breath. Even though I'm retired, sometimes I get in hyperbreath.

I'm off to a ton of banking and errands today. I have to run around several towns but I've plotted out my trip so that it is gas smart. I used 7 WPA's yesterday. I forgot how fast they go. I'll need to seriously slow down the rest of the week. I'm thinking that ICBINB spray might help.

Have a great day and don't forget to drink your water.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:46 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Nothing new, just recuperating from yesterday festivities,even though it was just Leo & I there. Going out to the Clam Shack this Friday,and looking forward to those fried clams along with coleslaw & French Fry Plate.

Don't worry I have everything under control, my new week is on Friday as I have new 35 WPA plus some A/P to apply to the dinner.

RHONDA-Thanks for starting us up for this week

Vickie-I hope you have a better week this time around than you had last week.We all have day like that,being retired is a wonderful thing but there times when we are forgetful.

Have to go will post later

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-23-2008 at 10:48 AM.
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

I went to weigh in today (first time in four weeks) and since May 6, I've lost a total of 9.6 pounds! I'm very happy with that. My goal is to have lost a total of 15 pounds by the time we start back to school. Then I will have only 6 pounds left to get to goal.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #5  
~Getting My Groove Back!

S/C/G: 297/276/260

Height: 5'6

Congrats SLOANIE! that's really encouraging to hear!
How is everyone doing? The heat here is driving me crazy!!!!
noussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Great job, Sloan. Congratulations!

Noussa, I'm sorry it's so hot there. It's not even warm enough her in Chicago to swim unless you're a hardy kid.
Old 06-23-2008, 04:32 PM   #7  
beachbum

BIG CONGRATS SLOANEON YOUR 9.6 WEIGHT LOSS.Hope that will be me in 6 weeks time. You'll make that goal,you do great so far.

NOUSSA-I'm Ok stayed in the A/C house the temps are down but the humidity is high. Exercised twice today,walked this morning and was on the bike this afternoon.

VICKIE-Summer just started,you'll being getting warmer weather in July & Aug. for you to go swimming.

Have a nice evening

Hugs BB
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:06 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Howdy, Chickies. We're hibernating in the cool. We will venture out later this evening for a little fishing and archery. Life is good.

Noussa, I'm almost afraid to ask but how hot is it? I'm guessing around 120*F. Am I close? Do you have refrigerated a/c? Forgive me for being nosey; I can't help it. I am clueless about life in Saudi Arabia except for what you've already told us. (Please tell us more.)

Sloan, congratulations on losing all that weight. You're doing great.

Vickie, congratulations to you for being back op. You're right about those wpa's. I'm glad we have them.

Rhonda,thank you for the clean pages.

BB, I'm glad you had a good celebration.

Our new furniture starts arriving tomorrow. The excitement is building. We're about to move!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, that's great news! I can't believe you're doing this all over again. Hopefully, this is your last move. Can we see pictures?
Old 06-23-2008, 05:38 PM   #10  

Hi ladies, just checking in. Not much going on today, I am back op after a bad weekend. I went to my SIL baby shower yesterday and not one thing there was core friendly and I was starving since I missed breakfast and lunch, it was a hectic morning . I am back to strictly core, I feel so much better when I eat good.

Sloan congrats on the weigt loss, you are doing great.

Noussa stay cool, I do hope you have AC

Vickie glad your back OP

BB Happy belated birthday

Sandra moving into a new house is so exciting, I wish I could move! I hear real estate in Texas is pretty good.
thingirlinside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 10"

Hi ladies and thank you all for you thoughts and prayers. Friday night and Saturday am were tough, but I really feel at peace right now. I know where dad is and he is healthy and free from pain. He has been living with chronic back pain (arthritis and disc issues) for years. So, I can see him in heaven happy and healthy. The services are not until next Monday. I went to work today and will on Wed andThurs, I'm taking Friday to Wed off. Being the youngest of 7, this weekend was a bit crazed - way too many opinions on things. I'm glad that dad did make it know what he wanted. He will have a military burial at the MA National Cemetery. It will be a wonderful tribute to him.

In the meantime, I need to keep focus on my eating. Surprisingly I didn't eat much over the past few days -- drank a bit more than normal, but given the circumstances. Tuesday is my normal wi - won't be able to wi, but I will track my am weight on line.

Sloan, congrats on the loss. You'll meet your end of summer goal!!!

Sandra, great to hear the furniture has arrived. It will be great for you to get settled.

Beach Bum, where on the cape are you? We're in Easton.

Well, got to get dd out of the tub and to bed. She had her first day of summer camp today. It wore her out. I couldn't get much out of her as to what she did, she just couldn't remember. Oh well.

Thanks again to everyone for your support!! Needless to say I failed the challenge last week. I'll try this weeks.
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 07:51 PM   #12  

Hi All:

I'm glad to hear that things are progressing, Sandra. Like Vickie said, send pics.

I have been good all day...completely core. I didn't drink enough water, but began to make up for it a few hours ago. I walked a lot too.

When I wasn't walking I was packing boxes in my home department office. I've had two offices this year, and they need one back. That's more than fair, but it's work I didn't want to have to do. I made the best of it though and I have it down to 20 boxes of books. Five years ago I had twice that! They are going into storage for a year. It's funny: some of them I brought with me from Texas to Canada in 1975. They're "classics" and when I die, someone else can deal with them!

Have a good night all.

Rhonda
Old 06-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #13  

OH, Paula, we were posting at the same time. Welcome back to the board. We're here for you!
Old 06-23-2008, 10:03 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Noussa-I can't imagine how hot you are! Last year we had a drought, and it was so hot. Still it can't compare to what you are going through.
BB-clams sound so yummy! I haven't had them in ages.
Niki-I know what you mean about the baby shower. I did not do so well at the recent wedding reception I attended, either. You'll get back on track!
Vickie-how did the errands go? I've been carefully plotting my course lately, too! I saw a blurb about how Americans have dramatically decreased their consumption this summer.
Sandra-It must be like Christmas! I know you and Curtis are so excited. Can't wait to see some photos.
Hey Tracie and Nancy-what's up?
Rhonda-what do you "profess" at the university? I,too, have just started drinking my water, and it's 8:30. I guess we'll be up a lot tonight
Angela-are you okay?
Paula-I'm so glad to hear from you! I have been praying for you and your family, especially your mom. I will continue to pray for peace for you all. Try to eat op when you can, but don't beat yourself when you slip. Stress, sorrow, and family members gathering could all be eating triggers! Also, I don't know about your town, but where I live, people love to feed you in times of trouble. Don't use this as a time to go crazy, but don't add to the stress you already have by worrying about it.

I have been on core all day. I grilled marinated tuna steaks for dinner, and they were awesome! For dessert I had a ww fudge bar. It was so good, I may have one every day!

Sorry the post is so long. I just wanted to say something to everyone! Hope you chicks have a restful night.

Last edited by sloanie; 06-23-2008 at 10:05 PM.
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 10:07 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sloan, don't worry about long posts. I'm the queen. Wait until you see me when I get going!

My errands went well but I have a bunch to do tomorrow too. I've got to get started on some exercise since I haven't done any yet this week. The clock is ticking. Tomorrow I have to go to the Dentist about a bridge that may be breaking and some gum issues. Yuck!

Talk to you all later.