Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #1  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Default I had such a great workout today

On weekends, I go to the gym for a half hour core/ball class. We had a different instructor today, she was a tiny little thing but boy, did she ever kick butt!
It was only half an hour, but I pretty sure my abs will be sore tomorrow - but my motto is "better sore than sorry [that I didn't go]".

Afterwards, I was debating with myself whether I should go upstairs to pump some iron or whether I should leave it for tomorrow. My weaker self decided to leave it for tomorrow, but my legs somehow disobeyed and took me upstairs to the machines.
I did free weights and some machines, and as my last exercise, I climbed up on the Gravitron (to do weight-assisted dips and chin-ups). That is my favourite piece of equipment. There was a guy pedaling away on a stationary bike (the one where you can lean back, not the type which is used for spinning - can somebody educate me as to what they are called? - I never know). Anyway, he had me almost directly in his field of vision and there were days when I would wait until he was done so that nobody was staring at me (and probably silently criticising my performance) but I just could not care. I got on it, and did my usual (almost 60 reps - I alternate 3 different positions of grip for the chin ups) and when I was done and wiping off the machine, the GUY says to ME: "That looks so hard!"
So explained to him that it's in fact quite easy and depending on much weight he uses he is lifting smaller or bigger percentage of body weight, etc.
Anyway, it was the highlight of my day and I wanted to share.

I think my entire upper body will be sore tomorrow (30 min core class + 45 min weights/resistance) but it will feel good.

Last edited by Tomato; 06-21-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: to fix brain farts
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/154.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Dang! That is an amazing workout for today.

It is called a recumbent(sp?) bike. I use that to start my morning workout then I do the cybex arc trainer.

I never knew it was called the Gravitron..the one where you need to climb up and sit on your knews and pull up??? If so, I tried that for the first time on Thursday and woooooow. After 3 sets of 12 of chin ups, I was aching bad lol. Then my trainer made me do tricep exercises on it lol.

Do you ever get on the balance trainer? It is flat on the bottom and puffs up so you can do the same exercises like the ball, but you can stand on it to balance your core and do arm exercises or squats or lunges??

Sorry I just discovered fitness equipment and it is quite exciting lol

Last edited by Sarah Mac; 06-21-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Sarah Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That is so awsome! I just love it when I work out hard because I know I did the maximum to achieve my goal! I have 2 boys that keep me quite busy so I actually see exercise as a privlidge. How great that someone was admiring you for knowing what you're doing at the gym! I'm intimidated by that machine for the pull-ups, but since my husband just joined my gym too, I will see if we can do it together (taking turns, of course!).
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote