40-Somethings - OK...I'm a little over 39

View Full Version : OK...I'm a little over 39

djay
06-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm still pretty new here and have posted a couple of forums...but this one fits also...and I see many of the people who have been so supportive so far post here also.
One of my battles is a hysterectomy that I had 7 years ago. That is what began my 100 lb. weight gain. It caused 2 problems for me.

1. I am always hungry and it takes A LOT to fill me up. If I ate as much as I want to I would be in even worse shape.

2. I loose weight much slower...if at all. This causes me to get overwhelmed and loose motivation.

Has anyone else had these problems after a hysterectomy? Any suggestions?

auntie g
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Hey dj! I haven't had a hysterectomy, but I was trained from a young age to be a volume eater! In our house it was sort of a badge of honor when we graduated to a whole can of spaghettios, or 2 slices of pizza, then 3... The "I can eat more than you" school of thought is definitely a bad way to go, but it is the way I went - LOL! Anyway, now I try really hard, and it's certainly not always easy, to fill up on veggies. Add them into whatever you're making to disguise them, if necessary. It really does help give you a bigger portion for not a lot of calories!

And don't worry about how long it takes to lose the weight. It doesn't have to be a race. It's a long term lifestyle change, and the pounds will come off if you just keep plugging away.

Clydegirl
06-21-2008, 03:53 PM
:welcome3:

Hi DJ welcome aboard.

I still have all my bits but I have to lose about 50 more pounds.

Pop into the chat thread.

Carrie3146
06-21-2008, 11:30 PM
It's great to see you here djay! I was wondering how you were making out.

Much love,

Carol

djay
06-22-2008, 01:24 AM
Hi Carol!
Great to see you again! So far so good. Joining the board has been the best thing I could do to stick to plan. Before this, I haven't been able to do that in the past 7 years!
Looks like you are loosing weight also! Read about your scale problems, Grrrr. That's frustrating!
How is the weekend going for you? Weekends are the hardest for me!
D

Carrie3146
06-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Weekends are harder here too. Lots more time to think about things that get you into those eating moods. It does give you some good insights into the triggers that make you reach for food though, doesn't it? I never realized before how much I ate out of just plain boredom at times.

I'm having a 4-day weekend, and I'm trying to treat myself a little. Yesterday I went to a Broadway show I'd been dieing to see, and I ordered a floor cleaner I'd been wanting to get (a scrubber/vacuum-type thing for hardwood floors. Geez! I never thought I'd see the day when I'd think buying a floor cleaner would be "treating myself"!). And today I'll go play with my nephews, which is always very happy for me. Also bought a few exercise things, and even attempted to use them this morning! One was a success, the other not so much...I am so uncoordinated!

How about you?! How's it going there?

djay
06-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Carol,
I can totally relate to treating yourself with cleaning products. Anything to make the boring tedious jobs a little more exciting. Then I want share the excitement but I feel pathetic that I get such excitement from new cleaning products. It's nice to know someone else does that! And I really want to know what this scrubber/vacuum thing is since I have hardwood floors. What can I say...I just have to embrace my patheticness!
I really envy the fact that you can go to a broadway show at any time. I love NYC...but I can't imagine living there. My best friend is from NYC..In fact I am also taking a long weekend this week so I go with her to the doctor tomorrow since she just found out she is pregnant and her family still lives in NYC.
Today is a little harder to stay on plan. I am hungrier and have less energy today for some reason. so I'm gonna grab a glass of water and get busy to see if I can take my mind off of eating!
D

Carrie3146
06-23-2008, 10:53 AM
How did you make out yesterday djay? Were you able to keep your mind (or at least your hands and mouth!) off wanting to eat? I feel like today will be a difficult day here too. It's only 9:20 AM and I've already had breakfast and my morning snack, and I just keep feeling like grabbing for more. WE CAN DO THIS...WE CAN DO THIS...

The floor thing I ordered is a Hoover FloorMate Spinscrub Hard Floor Cleaner. Who knows if it will work like it's supposed to, but I read mostly good reviews in various places. Supposedly it can vacuum up dry stuff, and also washes/scrubs, picks up the dirty water and dries. I didn't buy it there, but HSN.com has a demo if you want to look at it: http://home-solutions.hsn.com/hoover-floormate-hard-floor-cleaner_p-4307539_xp.aspx?web_id=4307539&ocm=sekw

Well, I am going to go see what I can do to keep my mind off wanting food for a few hours. I may even resort to something really desperate, like some exercise!

Hope your friend's appointment goes well today.

djay
06-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Yesterday was good Carol, Thanks for checking. And it was an emotional day so I was really proud that I stayed in control! One day at a time, right? Gosh that makes me feel like an alcholic when I say that...
What kind of exercise program are you doing. I haven't really started on yet but I will probably start out with walking. I used to do that before I gained all the weight and it really relaxes me. I just have to get motivated to start again.

Carrie3146
06-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Yesterday was good Carol, Thanks for checking. And it was an emotional day so I was really proud that I stayed in control! One day at a time, right? Gosh that makes me feel like an alcholic when I say that...

I know! "Hello. My name is Carol and I'm on a diet." Glad you did well yesterday. I did OK. This is my first PMS on my diet, and yesterday there was just NO taking my mind off food. Wow! I managed to stay on my plan except for one Edy's fruit pop (the small ones - 60 calories). Today has been much better. I didn't even have my two snacks, let alone any extras.

What kind of exercise program are you doing. I haven't really started on yet but I will probably start out with walking. I used to do that before I gained all the weight and it really relaxes me. I just have to get motivated to start again.

I'm not really on a program of any kind yet. I bought some of those resistance bands, and I've just been trying to get myself doing some stretching and various things with those. I'm so bad at exercising, so any movement at all is an improvement, and so far I like the way the bands work. I ordered a few workout DVDs that use them yesterday, so as those come in, I hope to get a bit more active.

How are you feeling? Have you noticed any change yet, physical or mental?

Carrie3146
06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
OK, this has to be an omen! Just after I posted the last comment, my neighbor rang my doorbell, and said "Remember when you asked me about that exercise program I took?" Now, I can assure you I NEVER asked her about any exercise program! But I saw she had flyers in her hand, so I just went with it...

She invited me to join a 10-sesssion pilates/body toning class she is putting together at a place a few blocks away with a private instructor. It'll be a small class with a few people in the building, once a week starting next Tuesday night.

I told her I'd think about it (which normally means, "Yeah sure...maybe never"), but I already went back and knocked on her door. She's still out, but her husband said he'd send her over. I'm going to do it! At the very least, maybe I'll make a few friends around here. And she's a nurse, so if I pass out gasping for air....

This forum is really doing funny things to me!!!!

djay
06-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Wow! That is great! If you won't go out and find an excercise program one will find you! hehe I have been checking out Wii Fit. Have you seen it? It looks like so much fun. It has strength, balance, arobic, Yoga and will even calculate your BMI. Right there at home. Problem is finding it...Much less finding a Wii! You would think there would be more in stock since Christmas is over!
Hey don't sweat that fruit pop! If that is the worst you do when you can't stand it any more you are well on your way. I was keeping low-fat ice cream bars around and just planning them as part of my plan so I didn't feel deprived.
Got to admit...This forum is really helping me stay focused. I want to post some good numbers next week! And I always look to see if you left a post...feels like I've met a friend here already and can't wait to see how she's doing each day!
D

Carrie3146
06-25-2008, 11:26 PM
And I always look to see if you left a post...feels like I've met a friend here already and can't wait to see how she's doing each day!D

I feel the same way about you! And it's really nice not to be doing this all alone too! Maybe there's hope for us yet.

djay
06-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm sure there's hope! As a matter of fact I found a Wii today! But no luck on the Wii Fit. I decided that the way it gets you in shape is you have to run all over town looking for it! But my son-in-law used to work in retail electronics so he still has friends in the Biz. One of his friends is going make sure I can get my hands on one on Sunday! Can't wait! Looks like working out will be so much fun!
Feel kind of silly hunting down a Wii at my age...(I never really got into the video game craze) but this is the most excited I have ever been about an excercise program. It's more of a playout than a workout!
So how did you do? Did you get through the PMS ok? Not sure hot flashes are any better...but I sure don't miss PMS!

Carrie3146
06-26-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm glad you found your Wii! Hey, anything that makes exercise even remotely fun or appealing sounds good to me. I really have to try to exercise this weekend. I got one of my workout tapes, so...I'm hoping that will be a good match.

They had a big going-away lunch for someone at work today with all mexican food. I went out and got a salad beforehand, and joined everyone, but ate only the salad. It's really amazing how even when you're the biggest one there, and you're not even looking at it or saying "I wish I could have that"...everyone still actually tries to talk you into eating it. This is the second time that's happened in the last two weeks (our department has way too many lunches!). Someone even said, "A taco isn't bad for you! We have vegetarian ones. And the refried beans are good for you!" Ummm...OK. Maybe in the skinny world you people live in!!!! Anyway, I was proud of myself for getting through that.

The PMS is now "MS"...so hopefully by tomorrow it will be gone. I hope some weight goes away with it!

So do you still get hot flashes regularly? Or do they go away after a while? I'm sorry you're going through that. I only have a brief experience of what they're like - a few years ago, I suddenly started having a few of those here & there. My doctor suggested I take some soy supplements and they went away and (knock wood!) haven't been back since. Just something else to look forward to in the next few years I'm sure! Tell me again that this is the best time of our lives?!!!! :rolleyes:

djay
06-27-2008, 01:06 AM
Wow! You should be so proud of yourself! Work lunches are so hard! I like lunch...but I LOVE free lunch! It seems like everybody is looking at what you are eating at those things! And thin people do look at food differently. They see the taco's as a treat and know they can't eat like that very often. We know that too...but can't seem to remember it till Taco Bell runs out!
I don't get the hot flashes as much since I cut back on caffine. But I love coffee and diet soda's. If I get carried away I have my own private summer all night long! but, yea, fun stuff.
What kind of workout tapes did you get? I think excercise is going to be the biggest challange for me to stick with. I hope this Wii can keep me motivated. When I was thin I loved to walk every day at least 30 mins. And that's probably why I stayed thin! Don't know why I can't get motivated when I know it makes me feel good and is so good for me! Ugggh. I am so frustrating!
D

Carrie3146
06-27-2008, 05:40 PM
This morning I did a workout on DVD using resistance bands. It actually went pretty well. I got through most of it, and I'm actually really feeling it in a lot of places now. Who knew?!

I also spent the day pretty active...a LOT of laundry, started cleaning out and throwing away things that have been sitting around here for no reason, so made several trips out with bags and bags of garbage, broken down boxes, etc. And I started cleaning my floors! So I'm beat! But at least I feel like I accomplished some things today.

Exercise is very hard for me. I just don't enjoy it at all. I don't mind the stretching kinds of things, so these resistance band things seem to be a good fit for me. But I know I really should do cardio stuff of some kind. Ugh!

Do you have any plans for the weekend, other than getting your Wii thing?

djay
06-27-2008, 08:46 PM
My Grandaughter is comming over to go swimming tomoroow. That's about it in the 'plans department. I get the Wii Fit Sunday morning so I feel confident that I will get at least one day of good excercise in this weekend.

I'm like you...Just can't get motivated to Love excercise. I went and got a pedometer today. They are real cheap. and now I have a visual of how much I am walking each day. Going to make sure I take at keast 100 more steps each day. Maybe you could try it for cardio.

Isn't it amasing how much energy loosing a little bit of weight gives you? I havn't tackled the clutter yet. But I did run a bunch of little errands that I have procrastinated on this week. Mayve another 15 pounds and I'll have my house all clutter free also!

By Gosh Carol, we are actually doing this! We are going to be goddesses! I am so excited!

D

Carrie3146
06-28-2008, 10:29 PM
We are going to be goddesses! I am so excited!D

What?!! We weren't already?!!! Just kidding! It really does feel so much better to be doing something about the weight, doesn't it?! I really do have more energy. Not sure if it's the weight (though my scale has been stuck in the same place all week...sigh!), or eating better, or something psychological. Maybe a combination.

Here's a scary thing. This afternoon I was thinking about eating so much, and I decided to DO something instead, so I cleaned the floors in my living room. That meant moving furniture around, moving piles, etc...it took a few hours! But it's done, and now I feel so much better - like I really accomplished something this weekend! AND it actually did keep my mind off eating for hours, and I was able to hold off until dinner.

How old is your granddaughter? Do you just love having her come over? I have two nephews, ages 3 & 1/2 and 1 & 1/2, and I love spending time with them so much. I think a lot of my initial motivation came from not wanting to embarass them as they get older, AND to be able to really play with them too. Those boys have changed my life more than I ever would have thought possible.

Maybe I will get a pedometer. It could be interesting. I do get some walking in every day, but I wouldn't think it's enough to really consider it exercise.

Let me know how you feel tomorrow after your workout! Be prepared for some aches...I am still hurting in some places from the one I did yesterday. But it's a good kind of hurt, ya know? It means we DID something! Let's call it Goddess Pain!!

djay
06-28-2008, 11:39 PM
Hehehe! I love it! Goddess pain! Somehow that doesn't sound near as painful! I'll let you know. I'm sure I will be in Goddess pain after I get my Wii Fit tomorrow. Did all that cleaning help loosen up those aching muscles?

My granddaughter is 22 months old and yes, she is a big factor in my desire to loose weight. She is getting to the age where she wants Grammy to take her to the park and push her on her bike. I want to be able to do that and more. She is my pride and joy!

I will need the workout tomorrow. I have stayed on my plan today but I am struggling. The scale didn't move today at all. My energy wasn't good. I wasn't hungry but just wanted to snack so badly! Maybe starting my workouts will get my head back in the game...

How often are you working out with the bands? are you still going to that class on Tuesday?

D

Carrie3146
06-29-2008, 12:02 PM
I hope you can get past the wanting to snack today. I've had that a lot too. I've definitely seen how much I ate just out of habit before.

I did another band workout this morning. It felt pretty good. I'm hoping to do them every 2-3 days, possibly with a few extra arm things in between (I'm hoping to get to where I feel comfortable wearing sleeveless tops some day soon).

I have to find my neighbor today and see if class is still on for Tuesday. It'd be great if it was - I'd be right on schedule! But she had to get a minimum number of people together. Did you get your Wii Fit?!!

djay
06-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Yay for you for sticking with the workout! Maybe I should have gone the band route. I guess it's time to find a plan B.
I was at the store 30 mins. before it opened this AM and I was third in line! There was an ad in the paper so it was a sure thing that they were in stock right?

WRONG!!!

They said that they didn't come in! So I quickly ran to another location...still none...Then to a third location across town...Still nothing! The gas alone is costing me a fortune! I was so angry. I called the store manager. He assured me that store emplyees are not the ones that are buying them. Don't know if I buy that when they are selling in EBay for double the price. Anyway. He said that if I call every morning he will hold one for me when they do come in. This is frustrating!!!

Carrie3146
06-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Oh no! I'm sorry djay! Well, at least you got burned some extra calories running all over, right?! Don't let this get you down. You'll get one eventually, and in the meantime just keep up your walking and whatever else. You're doing great!

BTW, the class is on! We start on Tuesday.

Carrie3146
06-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Just checking in with ya, djay! Hope you're doing OK. Guess what?! My pants were a little loose today for the first time! This is going to happen for us! I'm so grateful for your help and support.

Love ya!!!

Carol

djay
07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
It is happening! Your pants are loose!!!! Yay:broc::broc::broc:

I love the dancing broccoli! At least he doesn't look like he uses too much cheap spray tanner! (eh hemmm Mr. Carrot)

I can't believe it! I am still sticking to my plan! I even have some Goddess pains in my rump from walking! And you are going to have to accept part of the blame for that! Now that I know I have to come check in!:p

Thank You!!!

Hey how was the excersize class today?

Cheers,
D

Carrie3146
07-01-2008, 10:28 PM
I hadn't seen the broccoli before, but they definitely rule over the carrots!!!

I am back from my class. It went surprisingly well...it felt really good. I feel a little sore now in some places, and I'm sure that tomorrow I'll really feel it, but I'm glad I went! I think I'll be able to stick with it too.

Glad I don't have to come over & kick your butt into walking...since right now I'm not sure if I could lift my leg high enough!! We are going to do this! No, we ARE DOING this!!! Yay, us!

djay
07-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Do you have a case of goddess pains after your class? That's how you know it is worth it! Glad it is working out for you and what a great way to meet your neighbors! I would start a class in my neighborhood, but most of my neighbors are 80+. On the up side. I could probably keep up in that class!!!hehehe
Did good today. Starting to feel better in my clothes. That helps with the motivation.
How was your day?

D

Carrie3146
07-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Oh yeah, I had some serious aches & pains...still feeling a few too. But each time I feel something, I feel pretty good since I feel like I'm doing something!

I'm glad you're feeling better too. You're almost at 20 pounds!!! That's fantastic!! You should think of something to do to celebrate when you hit the 20 mark!

Any luck in finding the Wii Fit thing? Any plans for the long weekend? I took two extra days, so I am off until Tuesday! Yes!!! Going to play with my nephews today, but no other plans, other than some more clean-up around here.

djay
07-03-2008, 10:42 PM
No luck on the Wii fit yet. And purposley no plans for the weekend. You got me inspired on the clutter.

My house is not really cluttered...but that is because I have a whole clutter room where it hides! lol! So that is going to be my weekend challenge. Also if I can fit it in, Iam going to finally get my baseboards painted. I'm determined to catch up on all the things that I have procrastinated for the past 3 years.

I know I haven't officially hit the 29 lb. mark but I kinda did my reward already! A Shopping spree for me! Three new pair of shoes were just dying to join the collection! And because this is about my weight afterall...One pair is some really awsome walking shoes!

Do you live IN NYC? In my minds eye you can just walk outside on the 4th and see fireworks everywhere over the city. Am I just glamorizing it?

Carrie3146
07-04-2008, 12:20 PM
If only I had an extra room to be a clutter room!!! Mine just hangs out in piles, heaps, mountains...I'm trying to take it in bits and pieces. It's funny, because if I start on something small and walk away, I find I want to go back & do more sooner. I already threw out two bags of garbage this morning that I cleaned off a cabinet! It feels so good to toss stuff away! There's already such a difference in the last week or so - I'm not embarassed to open the door anymore!

Good for you, celebrating early! I feel like shoes are a great thing to splurge on now too, especially since clothing sizes will be changing. Shoes will always fit, and new shoes always make you feel better!

I don't live in Manhattan (I do work there), so I can't just walk out and see the Macy's fireworks, but I usually can see a pretty decent display from a bit further north from my windows. I love that - all the oohs and ahhs without the crowds, the heat, etc. Can you see any near you?

djay
07-04-2008, 12:45 PM
The city fireworks disply is about a mile from my house. I can,t see any of it because I am surrounded by tall trees in 3 sides. I don't have to go far though. Just walk up the hill to the main road and I get quite a show!

I can't wait to go clothes shopping. but that will have to wait till I go down another size. But I love shoes and purses so they are always a nice treat!

Happy 4th of July Carol!
Let's go out ther and be Indepenent!

D

Carrie3146
07-05-2008, 11:01 PM
I hope you enjoyed the rest of your 4th! Today started off pretty well. I worked out, did some cleaning...but I didn't do too well eating-wise. I don't know why, but I just couldn't resist snacking a few extra times today. Blah. I tried to keep them healthy at least, but I'm annoyed at myself for giving in, and adding a few hundred calories I didn't need at all. Especially when I don't even know WHY.

Oh well! Hopefully it's just a small setback. How did you do today? Great, I hope. I want one of us to have had a good day!

djay
07-05-2008, 11:27 PM
I did do well today! I was very motivated when I got up and weighed myself. I lost a whole pound!

Still can't get motivated to work out. You are way ahead of me on that! That should help with today's slip. and BTW...It happened...you felt bad...now it is now. You are back OP as of right now and you can stay that way for the rest of the day and move forward from here.

Wanna hear a cool thought. I got it from a post I read earlier. Someone asked if cravings happen because your body is loosing weight. Now I really don't want to know the answer to that question. I like the idea that a craving means that I am loosing weight. It helps me not to give in!

Tomorrow is a whole new day! You wiil do great! And you will be a Goddess!

D

Carrie3146
07-06-2008, 11:27 PM
Congratulations djay! You passed the 20 mark!!! I am so proud of you!!!:cheer:

I like your new picture and saying!

I'm really glad your day yesterday was good too. Today was better for me. Still wanting to cheat, but I did OK. I don't know why it's suddenly different for me. I feel like something inside my head changed, in a negative way. But I don't know what or why. But like you said, it was another day, and I tried to stay positive. Thanks for giving me a good kick!

djay
07-07-2008, 12:06 AM
Stay strong. Your drive will come back. So you might have to fake it for a couple of days. But you are only 2 lbs. away from 20. Something about hitting those even numbers is a real boost!

I'm sending good thoughts your way all the way from Tennessee!

D

Carrie3146
07-07-2008, 05:23 PM
So far, today's been better. I had to really force myself, but I did a little work-out this morning to get moving, and so far I've eaten OK too. Tomorrow I go back to work, where it's actually a little easier to stick to my meals.

I think I need a big attitude adjustment! In more ways than one.

djay
07-08-2008, 12:31 AM
You dp sound down.
Nothing that a little dancing broccoli can't fix!

:broc::broc::broc:

And here is your recomended daily allowance of

:dust:

You will feel better after your exersise class tomorrow! Then You can come tell me how good those Goddess pains feel!

Sending skinny thoughts,

D

Carrie3146
07-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks djay! I needed that!!!

I made it through today, though I was dragging. Was really wondering about if I could make it through that stupid class...but I went, and I feel much better now. That class is tough, but I got through!! I think it gave me a little of my confidence back.

Hope you had a good day!

djay
07-09-2008, 12:50 AM
You sound better too! Maybe you will get me inspired to work out. It sure seems to help your spirit! I'm so glad! I was worried you were going to drop off of here and I would be on my own in the weight loss adventure! I need you to keep me pepped!

Today didn't start out so well. I was up .5 lb. I know fluctuations happen...just messes with my head a little. Especially since I had seen a pound a day drop for 3 straight days. Man that was exciting...but of course that can't continue so that .5 lb makes sense. Still sucks!

The good thing is I didn't have time to even consider a binge today! With the economy going the way it is, I have been buried at work evaluating every possible cut that can be made! I don't even take a lunch break some days so I have to make sure I plan for eating at me desk.

Then after work I started a new class with a co-worker. We are taking Chinese language for Business! Don't ask how I got suckered into this. I thought it would be fun and my company will pay for it since I can use it in my job, but after this first class...I'm a little intimidated! It is definatly going to take up more time than I was prepared to give it!

When do you get to get your Ticker? I know it's a little cheezy but I was so happy to get mine! Now to watch it move....

D

Carrie3146
07-09-2008, 10:29 PM
I know what you mean. My scale has barely moved lately. It's frustrating. I know fluctuations are normal, and so are periods where nothing moves. But that doesn't make it any less disappointing!

Your class sounds really challenging. Chinese seems like it would be a really hard language to learn. Good luck with it! We are starting a big new project at work too. It's stressing me out a lot, as are other things there. Trying to stay positive...

I was thinking about a ticker, but...Like I said, I feel like things are stalled right now. I want it to inspire me, not mock me!!!

djay
07-10-2008, 12:33 AM
I understand about the ticker. I guess that TOM is not the time to get one...
You should be back on track in a couple of days though! That is the good part...Afterward you get to see a good drop!

I am pretty excited. I got my Medifast supplies today so I will be starting that next week. Sure hope it lives up to the Hype! I committed to go see my family for Thanksgiving and I am not about to give my B*tcH of a sister-in-law anything to gossip about...if it kills me! Besides we are going to my sister' house in Las Vegas. Gotta be a goddes for Vegas!

Good luck on your project and all the other stressors!
Everything will be allright in the end. If it's not allright, It isn't the end!

D

Carrie3146
07-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Is Medifast the one with the shakes? I don't really know how that one works. Do you have them instead of meals? How many? I hope you do great with it!! You are gonna be fabulous for Las Vegas!!!

It's not even my TOM...there's just been no movement at all. I tried to cut a few calories here and there today, and did a workout when I got home. I hope something budges soon!

djay
07-11-2008, 12:58 AM
I know what you mean...I have kinda stalled also...and I have stuck 100% to pan... so it is frustrating. But it is a numbers game. As long as we are using more calories than we are taking in, we WILL loose.

Medifast does have shakes along with some other prepackaged 'meals'. The way it works is that you eat 5 of their prepackaged "meals" per day and then one meal of meat and veggies per day. So you eat every 2-3 hours and supposedly don't get hungry. It has been around for about 30 years and has a lot of studies and doctors to back it up Also 3fc did a review on it. That was what got me to check it out. So...I hope it works!

Keep the faith! The goddes is in there waiting to be released!

D

djay
07-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi Carol,
Missed you not posting today. Hope all is well. Don't think you can skip out without being missed! I count on you to keep me straight. I know you have had a couple of tough days, but don't give up! I know you can do this!

Today was bittersweet. The scale still won't move. Still up one pound. But I am proud, I went to a cookout at a friends house (who happens to be a great cook!) I even stopped and picked up a pie for desert. They grilled salmon and chicken breast for me and I stuck to plan!!!!! I didn't have any chips and dip or any of the other goodies! I didn't even eat the pie that I brought!

So that scale better move tomorrow dang it!

Hang tough!

D

Carrie3146
07-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Sorry for not posting - don't worry! I'm not running away! I'm in this for the long haul. And I need you to keep kicking my butt too!

Good for you, not indulging at the cookout! That's great! And you're very brave to bring the pie!

Have you started the Medifast yet? I hope it works for you. I looked them up online before. It sounds pretty good, but I can't do it. Some of their stuff has artificial sweeteners, and I can't have those. They really make me sick. My plan (BistroMD) is going pretty well, but it is expensive and I'm not sure how much longer I can afford to stick with it.

Well, the scale finally budged just a little. But...I tried to find some summery/cool pants to wear to walk to the drugstore before, and...NOTHING fit! Everything is too big and/or too baggy! Holy crap!!! And some of those were too tight before. So I just ordered some smaller pants online. Trying to only order the really cheap/clearance ones, since who knows where I will end up. So that's a pretty good feeling, even if the scale doesn't seem to want to move!

Even that walk to the drugstore, though, was a real change for me. Especially since it's really hot out. Usually I'll just put it off, but I decided it'd be good for me to take the walk, and just did it.

How about you? Are you noticing any changes yet?

djay
07-12-2008, 07:09 PM
Well nothing is to big for me yet...but things are getting looser. I have to loose a lot to go down a size since I am so tall. I tried on some capris that I have not been able to get on. I actually got them zipped! Waaaaayyyy to tight to wear in public...but shouldn't be long!.

Haven't started the Medifast yet. Trying to finish what I already started so I will move to the Medifast on Thursday. Hope I like the food because I got a whole month's worth!

My scale is still stuck! I am so Frustrated! Does humidity affect your weight? It has been soooo humid for the past week and coincedentaly...the scale is giving me problems...I even broke down and went for a 30 min. walk through all the buildings at work on Friday! Still nuthin. Ah well at least one of us is having some success this week!

ONE MORE POUND! you are so close to twenty! I just know it is going to happen in the next couple of days. That walking should shake it loose!!! LOL!
What are you going to do to celebrate? It has to be good because 20 pounds is BIG! No wonder you need new clothes!

Glad you are back...I only worried because you sounded so down recently...I hope the new clothes has picked you up! I'm excited for you!

D

Carrie3146
07-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if humidity affected weight just a little bit. I mean, it seems to creep into things, weigh hair down, etc. Probably clings to clothes a bit. Who knows. If it doesn't, it certainly sounds good!

I'd sure like to see that one more pound come off! Just mentally, to pass that 20 mark would be really nice. But I am pretty happy with the pants thing too. Maybe if I fit into the new ones when they get here, someone will actually notice - THAT would be a really big boost! I don't know if I'll do anything to celebrate. Maybe just go play with my nephews an extra bit - that's my happiest thing lately!

Are you doing anything fun this weekend?

Carrie3146
07-13-2008, 03:25 PM
:woohoo:

djay
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
:hug::hug::hug:
:cb::bravo::cb:
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::broc::broc::broc::cheer2: :cheer2::cheer2:
:congrat::goodscale::congrat::goodscale:

Carrie3146
07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks so much!!! I'm excited!

djay
07-14-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm excited for you! Funny how all 19 lbs are great...but that 20th one is just special! I'm sure at your height it is a very noticable difference!

I was excited for me also this weekend! The scale finally started moving again! Yay. I'm telling you, there is some thing to be said for this walking stuff. It jiggles those hanger on Pounds loose! I'm going to go again today when I get back to the office! Maybe I can keep the scale moving!

Make sure you celebrate! But not with food! I bet your nephews will really start pushing you if they get an extra playdate everytime you loose 20 lbs.!

D

Carrie3146
07-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Look at you!! You're going to be at 25 pounds any minute now! That is so great!

It is funny how that one pound made such a difference mentally, huh? Just like your next one will. A lot of places say you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, but I can't help it. When it stalls it's frustrating, but when it actually moves, it feels so good!!! Today I came home and did a tough workout. I felt more like I wanted to do it to get rid of the stress/bad day than to lose weight, but hey! Whatever works, right?! I'm anticipating another bad day tomorrow...luckily I have my class to come home to! Did you walk again?

djay
07-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I did walk today...I was so proud of myself. Then I really blew it tonight. My daughter wanted me to meet her new boyfriend, So she talked me into taking them out for Sushi. I was sure that would be perfect as long as I stayed with the sashimi. Well...then they brought out the peanuts..had to try one or 30. I ordered a fish and vegetable dish in addition to the sashimi that I split with my daughter. Turns out the fish was fried and the vegies were in a wonderful sauce that I'm sure contained about a million calories. I don't even want to weigh in tomorrow. Don't know why I do this to myself. I just have to get my head right so I don't turn this into a bigger setback...

I liked the boyfriend though!

Carrie3146
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey, you've been really good for a long time. So you strayed last night. It's not great, but it's not the end of the world either. Don't beat yourself up over it. Really! Just get yourself back on track!

My plan actually says you SHOULD go out and "stray" a bit one night a week. That you can have anything - just don't go way overboard. And that you'll probably find yourself wanting the taboo things less and less. But don't get down on yourself.

If you really want to "punish" yourself, you could go take an aerobics class or something...or make yourself do a bunch of sit-ups, push-ups, etc. Then you'll feel like you were punished for it, but you'll get some benefit out of it too!

Let me know how today went. I'm thinking of you!

djay
07-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Thanks Carol!
It really helps to know that someone cares if I just stumbled or fell of the wagon permenantly.

And I did punish myself today! I did my walk, pushing as hard as I could and extended it by going trough some buildings more than once. I'm kinda sore tonight so maybe that will make up for my transgressions.

I see your scale is kicked into overdrive! What are you doing? Whatever it is keep it up. It is working! WooHoo!

Did your new clothes come in yet? How did they fit? Did you go out and strut?

Thank you dear friend for your support,

D

Carrie3146
07-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Well, I definitely care how you're doing - the friendship we've found here means a lot to me!

We're going to have setbacks - I think that's a given. I mean, we got this way somehow, for various reasons...it'd be great if we could magically snap our fingers and be free of all the bad habits AND the emotional baggage that got us heavy in the first place, but it's not so easy. I bet some of the baggage will remain even when we are full-fledged goddesses!!! So we probably should learn to be kinder to ourselves when we can!

It sounds like you got yourself right back on track today, which is great! Yay you! I'm proud of you! And you start your MediFast this week too, right?

I think my scale will probably stall again now. I'm starting to PMS..ready to kill someoene or cry or both!!! Grrrr! Might have to work out extra hard this weekend!!

I bought two pairs of pants and some tops tonight (now most of my shirts are too big too!), since stuff is on sale really cheap now. I'm having lunch with a friend tomorrow, so I want to wear some "thin clothes"!! Also, I think most of the pants I ordered will be too small for a while - I think I was a bit over-eager and ordered a size smaller than I should have! I'll see what I like as it comes in, and if I think it will fit soon, I'll keep it, and send the rest back.

How was today, and how are you feeling tonight?

djay
07-17-2008, 12:29 AM
I'm feeling quite empowered! I have let a setback throw me off track for the past few years. I didn't this time! I feel so much more in control. Like I willl be able to stop myself even after I get the weight off! Gives me hope and motivation.

It is so cool that you are moving into thin clothes! I can't wait! I can feel it comming and I am kind of down one size. I had to order some size 20 pants a couple of months ago because my 18's had just become obscene because they were so tight. That is what got me started. I have never worn a size 20 before! And I had got down to a size 16 last summer. So I had to do something! Well now the 20's are getting baggy and the 18's fit me again so I am really startin to see progress! I have a bunch of 16's that I bought last summer waiting for me.

Wish I could do my shopping in NYC though! maybe when I get to goal I'll go up and visit my friend in Wehawken (sp) He likes to show me around the city when I come up. That would be my dream celebration. A shopping trip to NYC! And maybe meet you for a goddess lunch!

Such dreams I have! Goal seems so far away right now. Medifast starts tomorrow morning. Maybe that will make it seem closer.

Hang on to those smaller sizes. Once TOM passes I'm sure you will be needing them very soon with the way you have been working it! I am anxious to hear what your friend says when they see you in your new skinny clothes!

Take care,

D

Carrie3146
07-17-2008, 10:08 PM
It'd be great if you come to NY! After we get through all this, we deserve to meet up and celebrate! And shop! So get on that Medifast and GO!!!!! Whoo hoo!

So how is the stuff? How's it taste? Did you feel hungry or was it satisfying? I really hope it will work for you and that it's easy to stick to.

And I'm really proud of you for not letting that lapse get you so down that you couldn't get back on track. You are going to do this - I can feel it!

Well..my friend didn't say anything until after we started talking about it (she already knew I was on a diet - I was on it when I saw her about a month ago). Then she said she noticed right away and there was a big difference since the last time. But she only said it after we started talking about it, so...I don't know if that counts! However, though no one at work has actually "noticed," several people made comments today about what I was wearing that made me think just maybe it is becoming noticeable.

No matter what, I know that today I managed to fit into regular petite pants! They may have been the largest size petite pants, but they were not plus size, and they really fit! And you will be down a size or two any day now - I am sure of it!

Yay for us!

djay
07-17-2008, 11:09 PM
OK...That's the plan! A shopping blowout in NYC when I reach goal! We'll need some cute new clothes for all the men we will be attracting with our goddess selves!

You are right we should be patting ourselves on the back a little. We have both had our stumbles and stalls but we have stuck with it! That is better than I have been able to do in years! And I am sure your friend noticed before you said anything...You are only 5'2". I know 20 pounds is a huge differance on you! I will probably have to loose 40 pounds for any one to notice.

The Medifast started out a little rocky. The oatmeal was like a cement mixture. Everything else was good though and I didn't get hungry at all! Now if I can break through this plateau.

Think skinny thoughts!

D

djay
07-18-2008, 11:03 AM
:flow1::goodscale::flow1:

1/4 of the way there!

Carrie3146
07-18-2008, 08:55 PM
1/4 of the way there!

:cp::hat::cb::dancer::cheer3::cheer2::congrat::cp: :dancer::yes::yes::yes:

and a big :hug:

I am so happy for you djay!!!! Congratulations!!!

Wow..25 pounds is a BIG accomplishment! For lack of a better word, that is awesome!!!

Whoo hoo!!!!

:hug:

Carrie3146
07-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I hope you are out celebrating your success and having a great day!!!

I was so happy to read your news last night - I needed some good news yesterday. Work stuff - not worth thinking about on a Saturday!

Today is much better. I've been cleaning out my closet. Talk about clutter. I know I have next to nothing I can wear, but everything was still hanging and/or sitting there! So I pulled everything out, and tried it all on, and put back what actually fits. The rest (too big and/or "why did I ever buy this?") is now in six cartons that I'm going to store for a while, and hopefully eventually donate to charity. Now it looks much neater, plus I can get dressed in the morning without having to try 10 different things on!

Speaking of clutter, did you ever get that book ("Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat")? If not and you want it, I'd be happy to send it your way. I feel like it was helpful for me, but hopefully you are a much neater person than I am! I do know that last week my neighbor rang my bell asking for a stamp, and I could actually say "Come in," and not be mortified to have someone see my apartment! Wow!

I am already looking forward to your reaching your goal and coming to NY! We will have a great time!

How's the MediFast going? Other than the oatmeal, are you liking it? Still feeling satisfied?

djay
07-19-2008, 07:15 PM
I'm liking the medifast. The oatmeal and the eggs are the only things that I don't care for. I just won't order those next month. I love the shakes! They are very filling. I never get hungry. I eat about every 2-3 hours during the day and then have alot of veggies and some meat at night that keeps me satisfied till bedtime!

So cool that you have clothes that are to big for you! I have some that are getting baggy. The minute they are to big to wear anymore...they are going straight to Goodwill! I will never go back to that size again! And if I do I should have to buy new clothes as punishment!

I never got that book. But I have been making real progress on my clutter room a little at a time. I have to get it done since my youngest daughter is moving back home in Oct. I'm making it into a den for her so she has someplace to go with her friends and hang out.

My oldest daughter is comming over today and we are going to start the c25k. Have you heard of that? It takes you from out of shape sitting on the couch to running a 5k in 9 weeks. I kept seeing people talking about it so I had to ask someone what it was. So we are going to try it. How is your class going? Do you still like it?

I can't wiat to come to NYC and meet you also. It will be my birthday present from me to me! My goal is to be at goal by my birthday in February. I told my sister I was going and she wants to come too. I know my friend (also Carol) has been trying to get me to go with her for the past year...so it could turn into quite the party!

Been meaning to ask why you are Carrie3146 when your name is Carol?

Carrie3146
07-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi! Is that you?!! You look great! Is it a current shot? Beacuse you don't look very overweight at all. You're very brave putting a picture up.

I never heard of the c25k thing. Yikes! Did you go for information, or to already start working at it? Let me know how it goes, and what you do to get ready so quickly! I never liked running at all, but it sounds great for someone who might! It seems like it would really boost your energy, stamina and confidence, in addition to whipping your butt into shape pretty well too!

I really like my class. And I'm getting much better. When I first started, there were a lot of things I just could not do - reaching certain stretches, certain balancing things, etc. I notice it doing my dvds too. And I always feel so much better after class, even if it hurts.

You know, you are right about the old clothes. I really should give them away NOW. Besides their just taking up space, they are kind-of saying "Hey, it's OK if you screw up and go back...we're here for you!" And I definitely don't want that! Right now most are in those clear plastic bins, but I think I will find some boxes, and get them out of here in the next week or so...free up some space, free up some mental space too.

I'm glad you're liking the MediFast. Looks like it's working too! Yay! Are you supposed to eat when you get hungry, or just at regular intervals?

I used to use Carrie as a screen name a long time ago, from a song. I don't know why I used it here - it's just stuck with me for some reason.

djay
07-20-2008, 04:27 PM
That's me. The picture is from Las Vegas last year. I was about 10 pounds lighter than my current weight. I have never been large on top. Barely fit a B cup when I was thin. I am definatly obese now though!

With the Medifast you are supposed to eat 5 of their meals and what they call a Lean and Green for supper (lean meat and veggies) So you don't really get the chance to get hungry. I even found it hard to get all my meals in yesterday. But you are not supposed to skip any.

The c25k is something I learned about here at 3fc. It stands for couch-to-5k. It lays out the steps to go from out of shape to being able to run a 5k in under 3 months. Here is the web site that explains it. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

My daughter and I started it yesterday and my left knee really hurt when we started running. Last night the knee was swollen and very painful and it is still the same way this morning. I have ben having problems with that knee since I had foot surgery about 1 1/2 years ago...but now I can barelay walk on it...So I will be off to the doctor tomorrow.

And wouldn't you know...Target finally got the wii fit in today. I was able to get one but won't be able to try it out until I find out about my knee. My luck Sucks!!!

Way to go on the clothes! I am sure that you won't need them. Especially since you are doing so well on the working out! And I see your scale is treating you well this week also! Way to goddess up!

D

Carrie3146
07-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Whew! That running plan looks pretty intense. I don't think I could do it, but I'm really proud of you for trying it! I hope there's nothing serious with your knee, and you'll be able to get back to it very soon. So there is no actual race? It's just (right, "just!," like it'd be any easier!) to get you up to running 5k?

I'm so happy you got your Wii Fit! I just saw the Target circular when I was at my mother's house tonight, and I was going to tell you to check there. Did you look at it at all? I'm curious to know what it has/does.

Well, I have been very, very bad today. I just could not feel satisfied with anything I ate...kept wanting more. Luckily I managed to keep most of my bingeing to low-cal things, but...I still ate way too much. I am going to have to find some way to deal with the PMS every month, since it was the same thing last month. Ugh.

Tomorrow WILL be better!

djay
07-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Ahhhh...the evil PMS!:devil:I remember it well. Those were the days of M
&M and coffee! :coffee:If you kept it healthy and lo-cal my hat is off to you (if I wore a hat) Hope you jumped right back on the wagon today! That IS what us goddesses do!:hat:

So it looks like running is not in the cards for me at least in the near future. Doc says I have some arthritis in it because of 1. my weight and 2. The surgery I had on my foot 1 1/2 years ago redistributed my weightr and changed the "archetecture' of my knee. But the good news is that if I loose the weight and do the excersises that she gave me...I should be able to run again at some point!

The wii fit is really cool. It weighs you and calculates your BMI. Even evaluates your posture and fitness level and graphs it all for you so you can watch your progress. Hoping with the meds the doc gave me I can start using it tomorrow.

D

djay
07-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi Carol,
Hope all is well with you and you are OP.
D

Carrie3146
07-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi djay! Sorry for missing checking in yesterday! I came home & promptly fell asleep on my couch...clunk! Work, heat, PMS...whatever!

Today I went to my class, which the instructor is making a bit harder now. It was tough, and I am feeling some serious Goddess pains right now, but it feels good. Feels like I kicked that PMS in the butt!!!

I'm sorry you're not going to be able to do the running thing for a while. That sucks, to get all pumped up for something and then not be able to do it. How are you feeling today? Is the pain better? I'm glad the doctor thinks you'll be able to improve your knee with some work though.

The Wii Fit sounds cool. Were you able to try it out today? Let me know how it is. The way it tracks your fitness level sounds good. DVDs are OK, but they kinda lack something in the feedback department.

I'm going to try to go to bed early now, and rest up for tomorrow - a lot going on at work.

How's your Chinese class going?!

djay
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear that you are still working out. It really does help the PMS doesn't it?!

I have been pretty incapacitated with this knee. It was really painful to even stand for quite a while...So I have left the Wii fit for when I know the knee is better. And today it is much better!!! I even did my walk at work today. Much slower...but I did it.It agrivated the knee a little at the end...but I don't think I hurt anything.

The Chinese...well let's just say I cannot believe there is an entire country of people that can understand that language! It is crazy! And my memory is not what it used to be...and to make matters worse...now the instructor even writes in chinese!!!!! No way! I'm having a hard time sounding these words out in English...now I'm supposed to read Chinese too???!!! Taking this class was not my brightest ideea!

Are you still doing the Bistro MD? I'm really considering something like that for my next step when I get closer to goal. I looked at the web site. It looks sinfully yummy! Is it half as good as it looks?

Hope things slow down a little at work for you. Stress is the last thing you need on a diet...but you are getting better at controling those lapses...so I'm sure you will be ok.

D

Carrie3146
07-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry you're having so much trouble with your knee. Glad it's getting better..probably very smart to be taking it a little bit slowly.

I am still doing BistroMD, but I only do the three meals a day on weekends when I'm home from work. I've been having the dinners every night though. It is actually very good! There's a lot of flavor, the portions are pretty good, there's a lot of variety...I'd definitely recommend the food! I wish there was more flexibility in their plans (I wish I could order just one or two meals a day instead of all three), and it is a bit pricey...but as a person who doesn't cook, if I could order just a few meals a week, I'd probably keep it going even if I wasn't dieting, just to get decent, healthy, tasty meals on a regular basis.

How is the MediFast going? Are you still feeling satisfied?

I don't envy you with the Chinese classes! I'm trying to learn all this stuff now about website design, and so much of it is just going way over my head!! It FEELS like another language, so I can only imagine what an actual other language with it's own characters, etc., would be like!

Carrie3146
07-24-2008, 10:30 PM
No weight change (hope that's due to the no-longer-P-MS), but I fit into one of the too small pairs of pants I ordered a few weeks ago today! Yay!

We are kicking some butt here!!!! Hope you are feeling much better by today!

Carol

djay
07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
You really are kicking some butt.!!!!! Smaller is the real objective here! I am so excited for you!

I seem to be going in reverse. I got up this morning and my knee was killing me again...went to weigh and I was up 3.5 lbs! How does that happen? Smelling a piece of cake at work is the closest I have come to cheating. Am I gaining weight from just the smell of food? I am trying really hard not to let this throw me off...but it is really hard to take. Maybe I was reataining water and it will be gone tomorrow...I hope!

D

Carrie3146
07-26-2008, 09:28 PM
How are you doing so far this weekend djay?! Any better?

I don't know what makes the scale (and/or the weight loss gods) tick sometimes. Some days where I feel like I was so good and worked out hard, etc., it doesn't budge or it even goes up. Others, when I feel like I was lazy and ate too much, it goes down a bit. I guess there's no real way to know. All we can do is keep trying to stay on track, be good to ourselves, etc...and hope the gods take some pity on us!!!!

What are you taking for your knee? Maybe that's causing some small gain, or, like you said, making you retain some water. Sucks!

Hang in there. I'm here if you need me! :hug:

djay
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Carol,
Thanks. It is great to know you are there for support. Most of the 3.5lbs (3lbs.) dissappeared the next morning...but the scale is still stuck. It is depressing because if you read the Medifast boards, EVERBODY looses big the first week! Of course I have to keep reminding myself that I was already on a diet when I started and at a plateau so I don't get that big water weight loss in the beginning that most get. I still can't figure out how my body just hangs on to this weight with no calories or carbs to support it...Doesn't make sense to my.

So I'm still plugging away at it. I refuse to cheat and let my body have an excuse for the rebellion. It has to give up the pounds at some point! Right?

My knee is still preventing me from doing much in the excersise department. I did get to check out some yoga and balance excersises on the wii fit. Really awsome! I have tried video's but I really like the persoalization of this format! So I'll keep working on that while I can.

It's really to hot here to get ouitside and do much anyway. Has the heat hit up there yet?

D

Carrie3146
07-27-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm glad that weight dropped off again. That's all you'd need...that gain sticking around. Don't you worry. That scale will move again very soon for you. I'm sure of it.

You're very smart to remind yourself about the Medifast, and how you were already losing before you started. It's frustrating, because you wanted to see that initial drop to get you motivated/inspired. It's especially hard that you've had to cut down on some of your exercise at the same time. Hang in there. You're still winning this battle, and you are going to keep on going strong and reach your goals! :hug: It just sucks that you had to have a setback now. Hang in there, OK?

Things here are good. I saw my nephews tonight for the first time in two weeks (they were away). It was exactly what I needed. I was down on the floor rolling around with them, they were climbing all over me...it was a really fun time! They used to wear me out sometimes, but I feel like I can keep up with them better now, which is the best motivation in the world to keep going. I love those little guys so much!

It was really hot here most of last week, but it's been better the last few days. I'll be glad when the summer is over with and it gets cooler again.

djay
07-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Hey wrestling with the nephews sounds like the funnest possible way to stay in shape! The kids were over tonight...we really gave the Wii Fit a workout. I hope I didn't overdo it. I stuck to the low impact stuff...so we will see. Sure was fun!
Not much change in the platau situation here...Maybe the wii workout will help!

D

Carrie3146
07-29-2008, 09:22 PM
Don't you worry! Everything will start to move again soon. I'm sure of it!

I just got back from class...have a feeling I'm gonna be feeling this one tomorrow! But it feels good - like I really worked.

djay
07-29-2008, 11:52 PM
I keep saying that...but every day that goes by without any results makes it harder and harder to believe...and I feel further from my goal than ever...if that makes any sense. But so far, I have hung in there...

You are really getting to be the little hub of activity! That is great! Keep that up and you'll be ordering more new clothes before you know it!

D

djay
07-30-2008, 08:15 PM
Had to double post! Finally!!!!!! down a pound!!!!
:goodscale::goodscale::goodscale:

Carrie3146
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
:cheer: Yay!!! Your scale makes me very happy today!!!

And I have news too. Someone finally noticed at work. Out of nowhere they just said they could really see a difference. Finally!

I went back to my desk and ordered a few pants another size down!!! :D

I hope you're having a great night!

djay
07-31-2008, 07:43 PM
Yee Haw! As we say in the south! You are on a roll girl!:broc::broc::broc:

That is when you know you are changing your life when people just start noticing!!!! I can't wait for that to happen! And what a great way to celebrate! ordering smaller pants!

Those workouts must really be agreeing with you. Keep up the good work!

D

Carrie3146
08-01-2008, 10:13 PM
Someone else noticed at work today! I can't believe this is finally happening!!

So I've got some new and smaller pants waiting. Thank goodness for summer clearance sales, so I can buy things ultra-cheap! Otherwise I couldn't afford it at all.

You're going to have people noticing any day now, if they aren't already. Maybe people just don't know what to say.

Got anything good planned for this weekend? I'm going to a baptism tomorrow afternoon...getting my hair cut Sunday. Whoo hoo. Such excitement!

djay
08-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I am so happy for you! Did you ever get rid of all of those clothes that you will NEVER be able to wear again? I wish I could hit a loss spurt. I am not far from moving permanantly out of the 20's. Lbs. are comming off so slow now. This is when I usually give up...but I want people to notice too! You have me inspired!

This wii fit has really got me hooked now! I do yoga every day and alternate between balance and cardio on others. But it doesn't feel like working out. It is a lot of fun. I need to start dong some strength. I have been putting it off because I don't think I will be any good at it...but then my balance turned out to be better than I thought once I got the game set up right! I was real frustrated at first. I couldn't get anywhere with the balance. Then my daughter came over...turned the board around to where I wasn't doing everything backward...and viole! I could balance!!!! :lol:

Same ole boring weekend here...You reminded me...need to get my hair cut. Should have made an appointment!

D

Carrie3146
08-02-2008, 09:29 PM
When people notice, and they will very soon, it will feel so good! I promise!
And now that you're working out so much, I bet it will happen in no time.

How do you feel now that you're working out? I never thought I'd say this in my lifetime, but I'm really liking it. Especially after my class on Tuesdays, I really see what they mean about the endorphins or whatever it is that get released. I feel so good when I leave there. I just got some new dvds to try out too...I'll probably try one tomorrow. I tried one a few days ago that had more cardio than I'm used to (not so much all-out, typical cardio things, but you keep moving all the time), and I could really feel that one.

I'm terrible with balance, and anything that requires coordination! Always have been. But I can tell I'm getting a lot stronger in some areas now. There are things I could not do at all when I started, and now I can do them. I love that you were trying to do everything backwards. I'm sure I would have been doing the same thing, thinking, "This is impossible!" and getting very frustrated! :rolleyes:

You know, the old clothes are still here, but It is due to my being lazy - not that I am trying to save them! I need to go scrounge around in the basement for some boxes. I wonder if anyplace around here would pick them up instead of my having to UPS them. I'll have to look into that.

Hope you're having a good night.

djay
08-02-2008, 10:31 PM
We have Paralyzed Vetrans here. You call them and they give you a pick-up day. Then they drop off big yellow bags to the whole neighborhood and let everyone know what day they will be in the neighborhood and ask everyone to put their bags out that day. That way...when they come out they get a whole truckload! Salvation Army will even come and pick-up. I know things run differently in big cities, but charities always need donations, so I'm sure someone will pick up. I can't imagine having to FedEx them (cause I would never use UPS since I work for FedEx! :lol:)

I wouldn't say that I llok forward to working out yet...but I don't dread it like I used to. I actually enjoy it. I can see myself actually looking forward to it at some point when I get a little better at some of this. I tried some strength excersises today. Man...I am weakling! gotta keep at it to get stronger like you did!

D

Carrie3146
08-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Today was a good day! Went to get my hair cut, and they really noticed the difference :) I felt so good, I walked home instead of taking the bus, and later I did a long workout. Plus I cleaned up some of the mess around here, so I'm feeling better and lighter physically and mentally.

I even found a few places to call about picking up clothes. Salvation Army seems to be on & off about it around here (lots of places will pick up in Manhattan, but not here). Also Catholic Charities, and (surprisingly) NY City Opera's thrift shop. I am going to buy some big garbage bags tomorrow to put things in, and call when I know a count. I can't afford to FedEx them, but I promise to try not to use your competition!

djay
08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
AAARRRGGGHHH! I have such Goddess pains today! I finally tried the strength training...and as I suspected...I'm not very strong! But if these goddess pains are any indication...I should be a mighty force to be reckoned with in short order!

Gotta catch up with you and have people start noticing!

D

Carrie3146
08-05-2008, 07:35 PM
I bet people are already noticing it on you and just don't know what to say. I had someone today at work who came to give me something, and she's standing there sort-of hemming and hawing, and finally says, "Can I ask you a question?" Then she says, sounding kind-of uncomfortable, "Are you wasting away before my eyes?"

Ummm...OK! So I said, "Well, I guess I hope so!" And she said, "Oh..I'm really glad. I was afraid to say anything in case there was anything wrong! But I'm glad it's intentional. You go girl!"

So I don't know. Maybe people just really don't know what to say/don't want to offend..whatever. And here we are going, "Grrr...How come no one notices?!!!" :dizzy:

How are your pains today? I'm about to head to class, so mine are coming!

djay
08-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Well...if I can get down to a 16 I'm sure they will notice! It has been at least 5 years since I was that size. The 25 lbs. that I lost was fairly recently gained when I quit smoking...so nobody really notices since I was this same size not to long ago...

The goddess pains are better today...but I may have been a little to agressive because my knee was bothering me again today. I didn't work out today since I had my Chinese class tonight so I hope the rest will have it feeling better in the morning.

I see you are down another pound! Way to go! I was down 1 today also...but I don't believe it anymore until I see it twice. Seems like every time I go down a pound I go up 2 the next morning and it takes me a week to get back to that number! So we'll see what the scale says tomorrow!

I am so proud of us both! We have both been doing really well for the past couple of weeks even when the scale was trying to throw us off!

GO US!!!!
(That is of course short for GOddUSs!):lol:

D

Carrie3146
08-06-2008, 10:53 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I have the same issues with the scale - it'll go down, and then go right back up again. Like it's taunting us...grrr!

We ARE doing great tho. I mean, we both started at about the same time, and we both lost over 25 pounds and we're still really sticking with it - that's pretty impressive, if I must say so myself! Go Us (GOddUSs!) indeed!!!

I hope your knee recovers quickly. Today the fronts of my thighs hurt! What is that?!!! I don't think I ever hurt there before?!!! I can't even figure out what exercise did that. It's OK though. Any time I feel anything like that, I think of it as a goddess pain now!

How's that Chinese class going? Any better?

djay
08-07-2008, 07:29 PM
:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Man I blew that plateau out of the water! I am out of the 220's!!!!!! FINALLY!!!

Make room in Onderland....I'm on my way!

:broc::broc::broc::broc::broc::broc:

Carrie3146
08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
:bravo::bravo::cp::hat::flow1::woohoo::woohoo::woo hoo::woohoo:

Congratulations djay!! You are totally kicking butt!!!!

I'm really proud of you and happy for you!!!

YAY!!!!

djay
08-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks Carol!
It does feel good to see the scale move!:D

I kinda got the wind knocked out of my sails today...I finally told a friend at work that I have lost 30 lbs. She was really suprised!
NOT! the reaction I had hoped for.:(

Oh well...hope you are doing good on your plan. Big plans for the weekend?

D

Carrie3146
08-09-2008, 03:53 PM
Ugh! I am so sorry about your friend's reaction! What the ****?!!! I am really surprised. I feel like *I'VE* seen a change in you, and I didn't even know you before you started this! But I've seen your confidence and attitude change for the better in just these few months. I can't imagine that it's not even more obvious in person.

Don't let that drag you down, OK? You are doing great, and you've been feeling better about yourself - that's what's important.

I've got a nasty cold, so I'm taking it very easy today. It'd got me just wanting to sleep. How about you? Doing anything good?

djay
08-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Oh No! I HATE summer colds! I feel for you! My favorite home remedies are lots of Echeneasia Tea and the old stand-by Chicken Noodle Soup! I hope it is a mild one any you have a quick recovery! Sending lots of healthy thoughts your way!

I am really struggling this weekend to not let my co-worker's comment bother me. She is notoriously self absorbed. But on some level it really hurt. I am trying to turn it into a motivator to loose enough weight so that even she will have to notice...but I'm not always buying that...Why do I let these stupid comments get to me?

Anyway...Just another boring HOT weekend here. I am actually using this down time to get some Christmas shopping done. I have never done it this early before, but I want to take advantage of the sales in December to beef up the new wardrobe instead of shopping for eveyone else. I plan to be at least 3 sizes smaller by then.

Feel better!

D

Carrie3146
08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
Ya know, I wanted to ask you, when you said that she was surprised, if she was usually wrapped up in her own stuff, etc. But you called her your friend, so I didn't... I just can't believe that it's not written all over you djay!

I hope you can keep using it as motivation and not let it get to you. It's easy to let things people do and say have way more power over us than they should. I know that YOU know how much you've accomplished and how far you've come, and that you're proud of yourself. It shouldn't be so easy for another person come in and say something that throws you way off course, but I know what it's like. You can rise above this.

How is today going?

I'm feeling much better today, thanks. That's a great idea, Christmas shopping in August so you can treat yourself later! I love it!

How is the Medifast going?

djay
08-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I am so glad you are feeling better! Did you have to miss any work while you were sick?

I'm doing pretty well today! I got a good boost this morning! The size 20's are a thing of the past! They are just to baggy! AND...I tried on my favorite pair of 16 capri's They are still tight...but I don't have to struggle to zip them up! I'm really starting to see progress now and I think other people will soon also.

I know that 30 lbs on you is a huge difference. With me....not so much. I am almost 5'10". I can loose alot without anyone noticing...but I can gain alot without anyone noticing also. How much do you have to loose to go down each size? I have to loose about 25 lbs.

I see the pounds are still melting off of you! You are going to need more new clothes for Christmas also! Take care of yourself!

Carrie3146
08-11-2008, 09:37 PM
:bravo:

Congratulations djay!!! I'm so happy for you! So long, size 20's, and good riddence!!!!

I think people will start noticing very soon. Even if you're taller...31 pounds is a LOT! As my sister would say, that's six 5-pound bags of sugar. Go pick up an armful of those next time you're in the store and try not to do a happy dance!!! No one noticed with me either until the last two weeks or so. Who knows. Maybe the clothes were hiding it.

I was home today, but I had decided to take off on Friday already. Sadly I only lost time I wanted to do stuff in...not work time. I managed to get a lot done today at least. It feels like this is starting to move into my sinuses, so I'm gonna load up on some meds tomorrow on my way to work. Bleh.

I am so excited for you...starting off your day tomorrow in smaller clothes! Yes!!! :woohoo:

k8t
08-11-2008, 10:22 PM
Hello ladies,
Your thread caught my eye and as I read through it, I really identified with some of your comments.

DJay.... Don't let your coworker suck away your joy at your triumph! She's a :badbat:!

Congratulations on your 30 pounds! What did you mean when you said you know 30 pounds on Carrie is a huge difference but on you it's "not so much"? You were so excited before that post and that is pretty much a third of the weight you wanted to lose. Oh... my... gosh...I think what you have done is fantastic! You are an inspiration to me....Please let that be the quote you think of for the rest of this weekend.

:bravo::bravo:

Carrie3146
08-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Congratulations on your 30 pounds! What did you mean when you said you know 30 pounds on Carrie is a huge difference but on you it's "not so much"? You were so excited before that post and that is pretty much a third of the weight you wanted to lose. Oh... my... gosh...I think what you have done is fantastic! You are an inspiration to me....Please let that be the quote you think of for the rest of this weekend.

:bravo::bravo:

Yeah! What she said!!!!

Welcome K8t, and thanks for giving djay that kick in her rapidly-shrinking butt that I've been wanting to!!! She's doing great!!!

k8t
08-11-2008, 11:42 PM
1) Thanks for the welcome! I needed that tonight.

2) Looks like you have been doing great too! I so want to be like you two.

Carrie3146
08-12-2008, 01:21 PM
K8t, you've made the start, and that's a big thing! It's really hard to change all those habits, thoughts, behaviors, etc., that you've been holding onto for however long it's been, but you can't get anywhere without taking that first step...and now you've taken it! That's great!! You can do this.

djay and I started on 3FC right about the same time, and we've gone through lots of the same experiences, frustrations, emotions and ups and downs. She's a huge help, inspiration, all-around butt-kicker...and a really great friend! I don't know if I would have made it this far without her being there to understand, sympathize, be sarcastic with, cheer me on, etc. So thanks for reminding me how lucky I've been!!!

You can do this too! Believe it!!!

djay
08-12-2008, 02:21 PM
K8t, Thank you so much for the kind words and feel free to drop in any time! I agree with Carrie....You absolutly can do this!

Gosh Carrie you make me blush! But I feel the same way. I run here every day to see how you are doing and a good dose of common sense when I feel off track! I post on other boards, but it is not as personal as comming here to hang out with that one friend who understands and knows when to support and when to kick my butt! I know that I would have quit during that plateau without you there!

I am actually feeing back on track today. I am back in my old clothes and they are not tight at all. Feels really good! Aleady gave those size 20's away!

Are you back to work?
Have you been watching the Olympics? It never ceases to amaze me what a human being can do if they really want it!

D

Carrie3146
08-12-2008, 07:44 PM
I guess we are stuck with each other!!! :hug: Thank goodness for that!!!

I am so happy for you, in your smaller clothes! Doesn't it feel great?! I'm picturing you doing a little victory dance every time you get a zipper up or a button closed! 32 pounds! Wow!

Well, my sinuses and coughing kept me up all night (literally!), so I ended up staying home today. I'm actually sad that I'm not going to my class tonight, but I don't think I could handle it. Considering that I only slept for about two hours this afternoon though, I feel pretty good.

I've been watching some of the Olympics. In general, I prefer the Winter Olympics, but I do like the gymnastics, some of the diving, etc. Some of those bodies..holy crap! I feel like a dirty old woman sometimes! But aside from the sheer ogling pleasure, it is really amazing what some of these people can do. I am so uncoordinated and unbalanced...I can not even imagine climbing onto one of those diving platforms (I'd be on my stomach, hanging on for dear life, and I'd still manage to both fall off AND whack my head somehow) or a balance beam, or letting go of those bars.

djay
08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
:hug: I couldn't work out with a summer cold either! That is so miserable! I hope you are feeling better!

I have not been hungry nor have I had any cravings since I have been on the Medifast. Today I am having a rough time. I'm still not hungry and I don't crave anything in particular...I just want to eat!!!! This is the same overwhelming feeling of wanting to eat that got me so fat! Why do I get this way? I have eaten everything that I am allowed for today and I am full...I justwant to eat the most fattning thing I can get my hands on...and a lot of it! I am hoping that by comming here and saying this to you, it will steele my resolve to resist to preserve my pride.

Someone wrote that when you have cravings it means you are loosing weight. If that is true, I should be 20 lbs. lighter tomorrow...because this is a doozie! Maybe on some level I am trying to sabotage myself. I did so good when I wasn't loosing...I just started loosing again and now I want to blow it. What is wrong with me today?!

Sorry to go on and on...but I think this is helping. I know you will kick my butt now if I do something crazy like order hot wings or an entire cheesecake...

D

Carrie3146
08-13-2008, 11:43 PM
Ooh! I am so sorry about the cravings! What was today like other than that? Was anything bothering you or going the wrong way?

It looks like you dropped another pound - you are doing so great!! Maybe it is an omen, and tomorrow you will go down even more!

Other than PMS, it's seemed like when things are going particularly badly at work, or if I'm upset about something...or occasionally if I'm feeling very bored...those are the times I've had real issues with cravings. The kind where I just want to eat to be eating, or to sort-of "medicate" - not because I'm actually hungry.

Who knows...maybe you are subconsciously a little bit scared of succeeding. I think that would be pretty normal. All those things that allowed you to gain the weight in the first place are in there, getting together and trying to gang up on you, hoping you'll give in to them.

You've really been starting to see and feel your success lately with the clothes, and feeling better, and changing your behavior and your outlook...and let's be real - that's NOT what's been comfortable and familiar for us for most of the last few years! We're used to giving in to those bad voices in us, letting them put us down, telling us to eat, etc. It's scary to change, even when you KNOW it what you want, and you KNOW it feels good! Does that make any sense?

Ya know...I think if you went out and ordered the hot wings, I could let you get away with that. ONCE. But if you did it twice, I'd have to come out there with some pointy-toed shoes! And I could probably burn up some calories getting my kicking foot warmed up!!! :club: (since there is no butt-kicking icon!)

I'm really sorry you've had such a hard day!!! I'm sending lots of positive thoughts and love and hugs your way. If there is ANYTHING I can do, I'm here! :hug:

djay
08-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Life is so cool! Yesteday was so hard! I was miserable. Today...I'm floating on air!

I was minding my own business today. Doing my normal walk through all the buildings at work today...when IT finally happened!

I was just about back to my office and I see our admin standing in the hall. As I approached, I greeted her and she casually asked me...
Are you loosing weight?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She said she has been meaning to ask me as she had notice it last week! I could have kissed her! I floated back to my office...and all I could think of was I can't wait to get home and tell Carol!

How is the cold doing?

D

Carrie3146
08-14-2008, 09:07 PM
:cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

YAY!!! This is the best news I've heard all day!!! I am absolutely thrilled for you!!! I'm sitting in my chair doing a little happy dance in your honor!

Wow..I think I am just as excited to share your good news as I was when it happened to me! This is huge!!! I feel like my teammate just won the Gold Medal!!!

Congratulations!!! This has now become a great day!!!!

:cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb::cb:

Carrie3146
08-15-2008, 09:14 PM
How are you today? Still floating, I hope! We had some crazy weather here a few hours ago. We had tornedo warnings so specific and pinpionted that they actually mentioned my street! What?!! Those things don't happen here!!!

There was no actual tornedo, but for a while, you could actually see the rain swirling, and then the wind started sounding really strange...it was pretty cool to watch (yes, I was stupid enough to watch it out the window). It was pretty freaky as the weather guy was saying my street should take cover right away! I was thinking of going and asking my neighbor if she had a clue what you were supposed to do or not do in a tornedo, but I figured if I was going to get blown to Oz, I might as well go with my own stuff!

I hope you had another great day!!!

Carol

k8t
08-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Congratulations dJay!

djay
08-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Oh my goodness Carol! How scarey! It is amazing how pinpoint accurate they can be with those types of predictions We get a lot of tornado warnings here. I have all my emergency stuff in my hall bath. I grab my pups and lock us in till it passes. I can't imagine if a tornado touched down in NYC! That could be really bad with the density of the population! Do you live in a big building?

Today was good. Stayed busy all day and went to some friends house for a bbq tonight. I was good. Just had a grilled chicken breats and salad. Sure was drooling over that nice Ribeye that my friend was eating! How have you been doing? Still enjoying Le Bisto? Have you sarted back to working out?

Thanks for the encouragement k8t. I see you have added a ticker and already taken off 3 pounds! Thats great! Keep up the good work! What plan are you on?

D

k8t
08-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh my goodness, Carol...I just read your post! How did I miss it? I'm sorry you went through that scare.

We get what people call "small" tornadoes in our area. (Just house sucking size - not town sucking size.) Still, they are frightening. We also get "Straight-line winds" which can be just as strong as a tornado. Last year, I was at work - which is 50 minutes away from home - and heard that a tornado touched down in the area around my house. Since it was about the time my middle-schooler walks home, I tried calling every number I had to make sure she was safe and couldn't reach anyone for over 40 minutes. Talk about anxiety. Turned out, she was home and just didn't hear the phone ringing because she was playing her music in her room with the door shut. Ahhhh! I could have throttled her.

The basic guidelines we follow around here is to get into an interior space with as few windows as possible and preferably as many walls between you and the outside as possible. Try to cover yourself too, with a matteress or blankets or something. More people are hurt by flying debris than anything else when a tornado comes through. If you are outside and can't get inside, find a ditch or some kind of indentation in the ground to get into. Do not remain in your car.

Djay...thanks for the encouragement...I'm trying really hard to be patient with myself. That is one of my biggest problems, I'm so impatient with myself. I know this has led to me getting discouraged in the past because the weight hasn't dropped as quickly as I thought it should.

My regular diet really consists of healthy things already, but in the wrong portion sizes and the wrong time of day, and I know I don't exercise or sleep enough. As a result, I'm really trying to focus on healthy lifestyle choices rather than a particular plan because I feel like I am setting myself up for failure once again if I do that.

I also have to say whenever I try to follow a set plan, my family manages to put me in positions that I really fight constantly to stay on it. I have come to the conclusion that they prefer me with the extra weight because it enables them to feel comfortable with being heavier themselves. (After all, if I lose my weight, then their excuses don't work so well anymore.)

I have set a personal goal of 1 pound a week for this school year. It doesn't sound like much, but if I can do that then I will reach my goal weight by next summer. I am trying to eat my largest meals earlier in the day (which are also the meals I have complete control over) and make my dinner the smallest one of the day. I am taking some supplements, not eating after 8pm, exercising each day, and going to bed and getting a full night's sleep.

So far, so good. I am really fighting the urge to step on the scale all the time and trying not to feel impatient that the number hasn't moved fast enough. When my school children start in Sept., I always have them pick a goal they will work for during the year and then make a plan to reach it. Everyone in the class helps everyone else achieve their goals. I've decided to use my goal as the example this year. Nothing like a class full of third graders to keep you honest. Also, I'm hoping it will help keep the "feed the teacher" syndrome at bay.

Thanks for asking...please help me keep my head on straight. I know I need the support.

djay
08-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Oh my k8t. I have been the queen of impatience with myself! I completely understand that line of thinking!

When I was younger, I could eat anything! If I gained a few pounds it didn't matter. I could easily count on loosing at least 1 lb a day when I wanted to. Then came the hysterectomy. While I was on the table, the evil doctors found my metabolism switch and turned it off! :lol: When I woke up, looking at food made me gain weight...and I could starve myself for a week before a pound would come off! I would get impatient about the slow weight loss, give up and eat a cheesecake!

This site is what has turned it around. When I get really impatient. I start posting and reading. I realize that my old expectations were unrealistic to begin with. I get support for the more reasonable results that I am getting.

It is now easier to stick to plan in many ways now that I have lost enough weight that it is visible. I never appreciated my great metabolism when I was younger. A pound lost in my 20-30's meant nothing...that was easy. Now a pound lost is a treasure to protect! I never want to see that pound again because I know it won't go away without a fight. This is all out war for me!

Your goals are very reasonable and vey attainable! What kind of workouts are you doing? I walk and workouts on my wii fit.

D

k8t
08-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Walking mostly, dancing some....I've had back and foot injuries in the past- school related - that make any kind of pounding not a great option. I don't want to be "laid up" again.

I'm also looking at the wii Fit program for my family, maybe for Christmas. (We don't have a wii now, but we are going to be holding a yard sale in Sept. and will probably use the proceeds from that to help buy the game console.) Do you like the Fit program? Do you think my 13 year old and 7 year old would like it too? (They also like to play Dance Dance Revolution when they go to their friends' houses, so that will have to be part of any system we purchase.)

Carrie3146
08-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I don't really think the building I'm in would blow away in a tornedo (it's 16 floors, and about 14 apartments per floor...so pretty sturdy!), but I guess if there was going to be any damage it was going to be due to windows blowing in. I did think at the time that I really shouldn't be standing at the windows, or even anywhere near them but it was so fascinating to watch!

As of this morning they were trying to figure out if a tornedo touched down anywhere in the area or not. If so, it wasn't right here. But lots of places close by had bad flooding, trees and power lines down, etc. The trains were all screwed up too. Luckily I had a half day and was home beforehand.

I've been starting to look at prices, etc. for getting a Wii Fit too. It looks really fun. It seems like you can pretty-much find it now, if you want to pay a lot (like one & a half-two times what seems to be the 'regular' price). So I think I'll just keep trying Target and Best Buy every so often.

I hear you both about the impatience. It's hard to keep believing in yourself and your goals for the time it takes. It seems like we're all in the same mindset now...we know it's going to take the time, and it's worth doing right and it's not just a quick fix - it's neccessary to change our lifestyle. Like djay said, it gets easier to keep at it once you start to see and feel results (and then you get annoyed and frustrated...until someone ELSE starts to notice!!). Three pounds is a great start - keep it up! You can do it k8t!

Carrie3146
08-16-2008, 11:54 PM
I just had to pop back in and say it...I have been a total pig today, and for no reason at all. I have not been hungry, except before I ate breakfast, and there was nothing wrong...I just felt like I wanted to be eating all day!!!

Hopefully it's a hormone/TOM thing, but I figured I should come here and confess my sins! TOMORROW I WILL BE BETTER!!!!

BTW, official word is: no tornedo. It was a "microburst," whatever that is!

k8t
08-17-2008, 10:21 AM
1) Well, if you're confessing your sins......Your penence is to do an extra 10 minutes of exercise today. Now, go forth and sin no more, my child. ;)

I shall confess, too. I went to a birthday bash last night and was good. I filled my plate with fruit, an ear of corn, and a piece of chicken. I left all of the side salads and such. Then, I stupidly wound up going back for a hamburger, extra slices of watermelon, and another piece of corn too....and I knew I wasn't hungry and that I was just eating because my family was. The end result, I basically had two suppers instead of one. (And I can't claim TOM, issues.)

Let he who is without sin cast the first hamburger.....

We'll both do better today.

2)

BTW, official word is: no tornedo. It was a "microburst," whatever that is!
Sounds like the straight-line winds we get around here.

djay
08-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Carrie, We know some days are harder than others. Like every time we get complacent our bodies are there to remind us to pay attention! I know it is frustrating...but one bad day is not going to erase all the good days that you have had. You can't take back yesterday so all you can do is evaluate the concequences and move on to today...when You WILL stick to plan no matter what! You will be so proud that you didn't let one stinking day get in your way! I know how tough you are and that you can do this.

And give yourself a bit of a break. You are building back up from being sick. Maybe you needed a few extra calories to help the healing along...

But Not Today!

Stay strong!

and k8t, I defenatly recomend the wii fit! It has something for every age and every fitness level. Your kids will have such fun with the hula hooping, tightrope walking, boxing, soccer and challenging each other on other fitness activities, they won't even realise they are keeping their little bodies in shape also! There is also step aerobics, yoga, strength training, running and balance excersises. I am thinking about getting Dance dance revolution also. It sounds like fun!

Stay tough ladies,

D

djay
08-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Oh my goodness! You too k8t? :(

OK...It's a challenge! Who can come on here tomorrow and say that they stuck to plan all day on Sunday, worked out 10 extra minutes AND drank at least 10 glasses of water. That's right! I said 10 glasses! :dust:

You did the crime...now it's time to pay the fine and get back to business as usual! :kickbutt:

Hey! this is kinda fun! Maybe I could have a second career as a drill seargant! :lol3:

D

Carrie3146
08-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I still ate too much today, but nothing like yesterday. I think I'll be fine tomorrow when I get back to work and a schedule. Thanks for keeping me honest and in line guys!

How'd you do k8t?!

I did not work out..I've been very bad in that area this week. But I'll go back to class on Tuesday, and our instructor will whip my butt into shape real fast.

k8t
08-17-2008, 11:28 PM
I still ate too much today, but nothing like yesterday.

Glad you had a better day today. I know you can do it tomorrow.

dJay....I missed reading the challenge earlier today, so I didn't make the 10 glasses of water, and if I do it now I will be up during the night. I'll do that part tomorrow.

I was proud of myself today for being a good girl. My family went to the county fair for four hours after lunch today, and then a family friend and my parents came by for dinner - followed by a trip to the local ice cream shop afterwards. The whole four hours we were at the fair, I only had a water and a snow cone ...and I dumped the sugary stuff out after I ate the ice. (I didn't really want it anyway, I just wanted the ice because it was so hot out.) After dinner, I also didn't have any dessert at the ice cream store. They didn't have any of the sorbets I like, so I skipped having anything.

Meals were on plan and I did get extra exercise today at the fair. So even though I didn't meet the 10 glass challenge, I still feel good about my choices.

Thanks for being here to hold me accountable today. My family really wanted me to eat several times and there were lots of "free goodies" being pushed at me at the fair. However, I knew I was going to have to come back here to fess up if I did. It helped.

djay
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
You did great k8t! I have a hard time when other people I am with are enjoying all the yummy treats that I can't have. That is the advantage I have by living alone. I don't have that temptation. Stay strong.

Carrie? How did it go today? Back on plan?

Just another average day here. I styed on plan and did my walk at work so I'm pretty happy with that.

D

Carrie3146
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
What is with people and pushing food, anyway?! It's so annoying. I sit near a woman at work who eats all frigging day long. NOT thin at all, and gaining constantly. She's one of those people that hears what she wants to hear about anything health-related, diet-related, etc., and conveniently misses the rest. I am certain that she heard it was good to eat five small meals a day instead of three big ones...but now eats five HUGE meals.

Anyway, she is constantly pushing food at me. She knows I'm trying to lose, and it's like she is TRYING to get me to fail. The other day they had birthday cake - she told me it was carrot cake so it was healthy and it wouldn't hurt me. Today she wanted me to eat her pretzels. She said "They're low fat - it's like diet food." And she gets annoyed when I don't have any!

Anyway, you did great k8t! All those temptations! Yay for all of us - we all did good today! Me too: back on plan! Now I just need to get back to working out tomorrow.

Does the Wii Fit really say "Ouch" when you step on it?!!!

k8t
08-19-2008, 01:38 AM
Yeah! Congratulations on a good day, Carrie. :D
Good for you, too dJay.
I also managed to stay on track today. It was nice out and I did go for a walk. I wanted to try to get a second walk in too, but ran out of time with my company here. (They leave tomorrow.)

Ah...food pushers. My new pet peeve. In my case, I have decided I have three styles of food pushers and each requires their own response.

1) Food=Love - I have the people that want to show me they love me...so they want to feed me. This is especially true at school when everyone wants to feed the teachers every fattening thing you can think of. Oh well...I'm loved. I hug my little kiddies when they bring me their gifts and tuck them away to handle later. I find this less frustrating because it is at least done with good intentions.

2) Food= An Accomplice - I have people who do not want me to change because that seems to threaten their own perceptions. My husband, mom, and even my oldest daughter make many, many excuses why they cannot lose weight. In truth, they really just want to lose weight without giving anything up or changing anything. If I am successful in my attempts, it challenges their comfort zone. My mom is limited in her influence on my diet at this point in my life and my daughter wants to change her weight, but I have come to realize that my husband is my worst "food pusher". He has probably had more to do with my inability to stick to a diet than anyone. Is he malevolent? No. Is he clueless and determined not to change? Yes. So I have to fight him every meal and step of the way to keep on track. That just makes it so much harder and makes me feel frustrated sometimes. I am working on this area the most now, and why I so appreciate having a place to help me stay on track. Positive peer pressure.

3) Food=Weapon of Choice - Some of my extended family are perfect examples of this. They feel free to comment about my extra weight and shortcomings or my husband's extra pounds and his cholesterol...you need to exercise more, you need to eat better, you are setting a poor example for the girls....blah, blah, blah...then it's "Just finish this up." " Have some more of that." "Oh, I hope you don't mind that I gave the girls another soda" "Is that all you're having?" "Why don't you take these leftovers home? We won't eat them." "Take these chips, too", etc...etc... This just makes me cross-eyed mad. It's hypocritical, and speaks of an amazing denseness or nastiness. Neither of which sits well. I started saying, "No, thank you" to these a while ago and just throwing the food out when the things come home in my car anyway.

Where do you run into your personal "food pushers"?

k8t
08-19-2008, 07:47 PM
Hold the phones...I actually got my husband and daughter to agree to try to lose weight with me. Did you feel the Earth stop there for a moment?

djay
08-19-2008, 08:37 PM
The wii fit says a very suprised ooohhh! when you get on. Not very complimentary. Especially when it gives you your weight right after that and cheerfully points out..."That's obese" I am getting very close to being just overweight so it will be a relief to not hear that anymoe!

Yay for Mr. K8t and mini K8t! That should make for a great support system and keep your excersise motivation high!

I guess I have never met or at least recognised a food pusher that was doing it in a mean way. I have friends that want a partner in crime so they won't feel bad about eating that Brownie Supreme. And I have had those that share teir caring by sharing their food. Either way, I have always taken it as a sign of caring and friendship and tried to appreciate the sentiment behind the action. What I do about it is my choice. Maybe I should get mad at them instead of taking it out on myself for making the wrong choice.

I am really dreading Thanksgiving - New Year. Everyone wants to share all their goodies at work. There is something different every day! I usually love it but I want to stay OP through the holidays except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

k8t
08-19-2008, 09:39 PM
I am really dreading Thanksgiving - New Year. Everyone wants to share all their goodies at work. There is something different every day! I usually love it but I want to stay OP through the holidays except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

That's the beginning of school for me..I know just what you mean.

I agree with the days you picked....though I think I may allow myself one party too. We usually go to quite a few, but I think I'll be cutting back this year.

Carrie3146
08-19-2008, 10:38 PM
Oww..owww...owww...back from class. Serious Godess pains happening here!!! But I am finally back on track, ladies!!!

k8t, congrats on the family going along with you. That will be a huge help!

I don't think most people are being intentionally "mean" when they are pushing food. The one at my job though...I really do think she subconsciously wants me to fail, because then she can justify her own problems. Or not justify, exactly...but she can make excuses and rationalize her own eating if I give in too. Definitely a #2 on k8t's list!!! I'm not going to give in though! Sure, part of me wants nothing more than to say "Screw it!" and stuff my face...but a bigger part of me wants to give some of our ballerinas a run for their tutus :D

djay
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
YAY Carol! :hug: I kept checking back to see if you posted a success for today! I know those Goddess pains will send a reminder and keep you on track for days to come so no need to worry about the lady at work. Can't reach for a pretzel with Goddes pains running through your arms!:workout:

k8t
08-19-2008, 11:40 PM
Good Job today, Carol... (or is it Carrie?) Yeah!!!

Food Pushers: I only have one set of relatives I think fits under #3....but I agree with you that most people are in the #1 and #2 groups.

I'm glad my family has said they want to do this, too....but just between us, I have my guard up. I'm not slipping this time because they decide they're tired of watching what they eat and so start trying to get me to eat to stop dieting as well.

It's different this time. I'm really fighting to not be unreasonable. I just keep telling myself I'm after a healthy lifestyle. The numbers will come down when they do. (Lands that is so hard for me to do, but the other way didn't work - so that's that.)

I'm off to bed....have a great day tomorrow. Thanks again for including me.

Once again, Good Work to you, Goddess C. I'm so proud of you, I shall do a dance in your honor! :dancer:

Carrie3146
08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Yay djay!! You're down another pound!!!

I ordered a Wii console today, since I happened to be looking at Best Buy's site and they had them. Still have to find the Wii Fit, but I have faith. Do I need any of the 7 billion accessories they sell? I swear, I got an email saying "Here are some accessories for your new Wii" BEFORE I even got the confirmation email!

djay
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
You will love the wii fit! Here is what I learned during my search. When the stores get them in, they put them out on Sunday when their big ads come out. If they advertise them, they are supposed to have at least some in stock. Get there early, before the store opens in Sunday morning.

Maybe considering you are in the shopping capitol of the world...you won't have as much problem finding one as I did here. I wouldn't wait to long though. Once people start thinking about Christmas...there won't be any if Nintendo sticks to their past marketing strategy.

I didn't buy any accessories for the wii but I did buy a cover for the wii fit balance board to keep it clean and a yoga mat for the floor excersises since I have hardwood floors.

Good luck!

I'm not sure I will stick to plan today, but I kinda planned that I wouldn't. Today is the 3rd anniversary of my husbands wreck. Seems to hit harder every year instead of less. To many unanswered questions. So I'm going to go out and be around people and not worry about what I eat.

Stay strong ladies,

D

Carrie3146
08-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I'm so glad you went out last night. It's much better than being alone if you're thinking too much. And if you ate a lot while you were out, it's no big deal. It's just one day.

How are you doing today? I hope it was better. I'm here if you need someone to talk to. :hug:

djay
08-22-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm back...Weight is even down a little...Can't beat that. Saw my old boss in the hallway yesterday. He asked me if I was getting skinny again! I said I was heading that way! That was a nice pick-me-up!

Carol...you are looking quite fit these days! those workouts are really working 1 :lol: Seriously though...don't you have more energy now? It is finally kicking in for me. I can't just come home and lay around all evening anymore since I have been walking every day.

The only thing is that I keep loosing at the top and bottom. I'm still a balloon in the middle. I can tell a real difference in my b00bs and legs...but the stomach and hips just don't want to give up the inches! Do you have that problem? I'm thinking it is because of the hysterectomy...but maybe I'm blaming to much on that?

D

Carrie3146
08-22-2008, 11:00 PM
djay, where are you?!!!! You are shrinking by the day!!!!! 36 pounds! Holy crap! That is fantastic! And I'm really happy people are noticing!

I haven't budged. Well, I budge...but the same 2-3 pounds or so seems to just come and go at different times of day. At least I'm not gaining. But in all fairness, I haven't been working out either. I have to push myself to get back to doing more again!

My middle is definitely the slowest area - that's for sure! I wonder if part is that we actually do more with our arms and legs every day, just as a part of life (walking, carrying bags...whatever!). Do you notice that you feel the stomach/ab exercises more than anything else too, or is that just me? It feels like those are harder to do than anything else.

I never actually took any actual measurements on myself. Did you? I probably should do that...I'm a little afraid of what I'd find! I know it's getting better, but it's still way more than I'd want to think about. Maybe that's a reason I should do it!

I do feel more energy. Oh, I can still plop down on the couch...but I'll usually get up more and put something away, or do something else at the same time. And I don't put chores off as much as I used to - things like laundry or a clean-up project (though those old clothes ARE still in the plastic crates in my closet....).

djay
08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
I never took my measurements either. What really matters more to me is the size of clothing that I can fit into. That tells me where the inches are comming off. Right now, my pants are baggy in the thigh area...but stil fit around my waist and hips. I guess it will even out eventually. I hope so amyway...I would hate to get skinny, but go around looking like I swollowed a basketball!

I really look pregnant right now and it is not just in my head. I was walking yesterday. A lot of people do the same walk that I do throughout the day. I walk very fast. I was overtaking a couple of walkers so as I aproached they greeted me and moved over to let me by since they said they couldn't keep up with my pace. One of them said "She can go fast since she is wlking for two". Ouch! I had on one of those babydoll type tops and when I went to look in the mirror...sure enough...it looked like a maternity top and I looked about 6 months pregnant. Yikes. Gonna have to work on those abs. And I agee...they hurt the worst...My legs ach after a good workout...but the abs are where the REAL goddess pains kick in!

But none of that is going to take away from the fact that the weight IS finally comming off! I know the plateaus are hard to keep motivation...but once that scale starts moving again...you Really appreciate it and want to keep it going... So hang in there. I know you can get back on track with the workouts...or just go chase an adorable nephew or two around the park. That has to be worth a pound o two!

D

Carrie3146
08-23-2008, 10:09 PM
You lost another one!!! :cp::cp: I am SO proud of you!! Congratulations djay!!!

Ouch. The pregnant comments would be rough to deal with. But...then again: Is it worse to have people think you are fat or pregnant?!!! I don't know! As you said though, at least you know you are losing it, and soon NO ONE will think there's a little one coming, because the little one will be YOU!!!

I'll be OK..I'm not going anywhere!! I did go play with the nephews this afternoon, and you're right - that has to be the equivilent of something! They wore me out! Tomorrow I'm planning on doing some cleaning, laundry, etc. Too much clutter has been creeping back. Gotta get it outta the house before it gets into my mind!

djay
08-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Go gettum Carol! Bust that clutter! Then you can come attack my clutter room! It is still a mess! And I have to get it done before my daughter moves home. It is supposed to be her den so that she has someplace to go with her friends and not drive me crazy! I think my sister got all the organization genes in my family, She loves to put everything in order. Wish she didn't live all the way across the country!

Hey....You are missing another pound!!! Way to go!!! Rock that diet!!!!

D

Carrie3146
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I wish I had a room that I could throw everything in!!! Not so good when you have to finally clean it out though, I'm sure!

I got a lot done over the weekend, and then my older nephew came over and "helped" me do the laundry, which made it a lot more fun. I still have some piles that can use some clearing, but I feel much mentally uncluttered again!

Carrie3146
08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Just checking! Hope things are going well.

I know you can do this with us!

djay
08-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Hey!
I'm still with you! We are doing this together! Only 7 more lbs and I will officially be overweight...but I will no longer be obese! YAY!

Was work better today?

D

Carrie3146
08-28-2008, 09:17 PM
You are doing so great djay!!! I'm so proud of you, and happy for you!

Work..another one in our department quit today! Unreal. I don't know what's going to happen. It's a wonder I'm not 500 pounds with all the stress lately. But I'm doing OK. Not losing much, but at least not gaining.

I'm so glad it's almost the weekend!

djay
08-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Oh my goodness! I just can't imagine people quitting their job with the economy the way it is! Hang in there though...a nice long weekend is on the way!

How is the eating? have you been able to stay OP through all this?

Carrie3146
08-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Oh, they come and go alot at my job. I've been there almost four years, and I'm definitely one of the "old-timers" now.

Thanks for being concerned about my eating. I have been indulging a bit too much, but I'm being as good as I can. Meals are fine - sticking to my plan. It's the in-betweens that I'm struggling with and eating more snacks than I'm allowed. Luckily I really don't have any junk in the house anymore, so if I overeat, it's fruit or a Skinny Cow bar. Unfortunately I am definitely a stress eater, and I feel really stressed with work right now!

But YOU...you are doing so great! I am really, really thrilled for you! You're going to be down 40 pounds this weekend, I bet! That's great inspiration for me. Yay djay!!!! WHOO HOO!

djay
08-31-2008, 08:48 AM
:flow1::flow1::dance::dance::dance::flow1::flow1:

:hug:I LOVE it when you are right!!!:hug:

Hey good job on keeping the snacking healthy! I do the same thing...I can't keep anything around the house that isn't safe for me to eat! So I keep dill pickels for when I want a salty snack and Sugar free Jello for when I must have something sweet or I will burst. I must admit though...when I am really enjoying the jello a bit much...I keep having pemonitions if myself sitting in a retirment home with no teeth! NOT a pretty thought! :lol: That is the best thing about the Medifast though...I really don't get cravings very often! Now that is a HUGE advantage for me!

I know that you can do this! The best thing about today is that yesterday is gone forever and you control what part of it you carry into today! Every day is a new opportunity to get the scale moving in the right direction!

One day at a time....One pound at a time...

D

Carrie3146
08-31-2008, 10:58 AM
:yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::yay:

You are my hero!!!! Congratulations djay!!!

This is so amazing! Remember when you started and it seemed so impossible?! 40 pounds!! Wow!

:yay::yay::yay::woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay::yay:

djay
09-03-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks Carol! You are such a support!

Where have you been? Hope you are off doing something exciting!

D

Carrie3146
09-03-2008, 06:40 PM
:cb::cb: 41 :cb::cb:
:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

I am so proud of you!!!

I'm still here! I'm in a class this week for work, so I was crazed yesterday trying to get as caught up as possible.

Actually hit 168 yesterday, but it's back to 169 today and I'm not counting it until it sticks for a day. At least it was SOME movement! I finally got a WiiFit! Ordered it online from Target and it's on it's way. Perfect timing, since my last class was last night (it starts again in October).

Are you fitting in the smaller clothes yet?!!

djay
09-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks Carol! I'm not in a smaller size yet. I still have at least 10 lbs. to go before that will happen. But my current clothes are definatly not tight at this point!

I'm sure 168 will stick by the end of the week! And maybe even be joined by 167! Especially once you get your WiiFit and get addicted to that! I'm so glad you got one now. I have a feeling that they will be in short supply when Christmas shopping kicks into high gear!

What class are you taking? Do you have to do class and keep up with all your work? I know you said you were short handed but that would make it difficult to take any classes if noone can cover for you at all!

D

djay
09-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Wow! This must be a killer class! you have just disappeared! Hope all is well. I miss you!

Guess what I bought today? Pants!...size....drum roll please...size 16! A bit snug...but wearable! Feeling good!

Did you get your Wii Fit yet?

Carrie3146
09-13-2008, 02:44 PM
Congratulations djay!!! I know that had to feel GREAT buying those pants! You are doing so great!!!

Slowly catching up on things....so glad it's the weekend!

I love the Wii Fit!

djay
09-13-2008, 03:58 PM
:hug:Carol:hug:
Welcome back! I missed you so much!

Glad you like the wii fit! Have your nephews tried it? My grand daughter gets the biggest kick out of the running! She is so cute! Her 2nd birthday party is tomorrow so I gotta run get some shopping done today. At least that will keep my mind off of eating!

Carrie3146
09-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Wow...I see I have finally checked back in just in time to watch you kiss those 200's GOODBYE! ADIOS! See YA!!! Yay djay!!!!!

The little guys haven't discovered the Wii yet. I have to make a little player for the older one for when he does - he'll get a kick out that! I spent Sunday at the Bronx Zoo with them - that was really fun! I haven't been there in probably 25+ years.

How is the MediFast going? Are you still sticking with it? How's the food?

djay
09-27-2008, 01:09 PM
Carol!!!!! I don't know how I missed your post! I hope you are still around.
I'm still sticking with the Medifast...It's the only thing I have found that works...So I'm sticking to it. I wouldn't call what theyprovide exactly food...but I'm used to it, it fills me up, and I don't have cravings so it's good!

How do you like the wii fit? Have you been using it a lot?
Are you still doing Bistro MD? How is the job going?

Hope you will come back to 3fc soon...You are sooo missed!

Carrie3146
09-28-2008, 12:12 PM
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
:congrat: :congrat: :congrat:

I am so proud of you!!!! Congratulations djay!!!

50+ pounds!!!! That is amazing!!!! You are my hero and a true inspiration.

djay
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Thanks Carol! I'm pretty pleased if I do say so myself! I'm getting my car detailed as a reward. I can't wait!