Nutrition and Labeling - Stranded on a desert island????
06-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Here's a list of the top 10 foods this doc would like to have with her:
What would your top 10 look like?
06-21-2008, 10:07 AM
I actually read that as "Stranded on a dessert island" and I was thinking of ice cream and Boston Creme Pie. Anyway, I would probably bring, not knowing if/when I was going to get off the island, these foods:
1. Canned black beans and chick peas (lots of protein & fiber)
2. beef jerky (dense non-perishable protein)
3. Newman's Strawberry Cereal (it just tastes good)
4. Fresh water (who knows if there'll be any on the island)
5. oranges (Gotta fight scurvy, and oranges last a long time)
6. Banana Nut Odwalla bars (tasty, tasty!)
7. salsa (not quite a substitute for fresh veggies, but the tomatoes are tasty, and it lasts a long time)
8. rice (rice, beans, & salsa - a complete meal)
9. assorted herbs & spices (will keep things interesting)
10. apples (I'm sure there won't be any doctors on the island - how better to keep them away?)
06-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Yay! Her list is vegan and I consume all those things regularly. :)
I'll post a top 10 of my own later. ;)
06-21-2008, 10:43 AM
I actually read that as "Stranded on a dessert island" and I was thinking of ice cream and Boston Creme Pie.
That's so funny. When I glanced back at the thread title, I thought the very same thing. That could be a whole other thread all onto itself, food porn for sure. ;)
I love your list though. Salsa was a great idea. I use it all the time. I like your reason for the apples too. Cute.
Soul Bliss, you're so right. I'm glad you like. :)
I thought it was pretty cool that majority of the items she listed I also consume regularly. I'll get to my list a bit later.
06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
1. Potatoes - Sweet, white, Yukon...I don't care which
3. Cheese - Any kind
6. olive oil
7. a flock of chickens, (for eggs & meat)
8. cows, (for milk & beef)
I'm banking on this island being tropical and having an abundance of nuts and fruit as well as fresh water & good fishing!
vBulletin® v3.6.7, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO