Support Groups - Slim Down Sista's: Summer Fun!!

View Full Version : Slim Down Sista's: Summer Fun!!

SwimGirl
06-21-2008, 12:06 AM
I think it's time for a new thread!! We are officially into summer, with lots of great reasons to lose weight... bathing suit season, skimpy clothes... the dream to wear a short jean skirt.. that last one could just be me.. ;) Longer days make it easier to exercise, not to mention all the yummy fruits and veggies around! Lets make it a good one girls!! WE CAN and WILL DO THIS!! :carrot::dancer::cheer::beach:

-Aimee

JasonsLea
06-22-2008, 02:53 AM
Hey girls.

Ugh, death seems to be following my loved ones lately. First my BFF's grandpa early this week and now my cousins' older sister (on their dad's side) was murdered. I didn't know her or their dad but my heart aches for them. R.I.P Ebony.

SwimGirl
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
Shari - thats horrible, sorry to hear about that!

Well it's Monday! I am starting to dislike Monday's, getting up early sucks!! Just 7 shifts until my vacation.. heh..

-Aimee

sotypical
06-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Shari - that is awful, so sorry to hear :(

Well ladies.... new thread! yay! Anyway I dunno what to count... Friday was/is my normal weigh in day but I have been thinking of changing it to Saturday's for a while now so I can weigh a bit later in the mornings. Friday the scale was up... .8 of a pound. Saturday - later in the day - after eating breakfast, going going for an hour run and drinking a few bottles of water it was down 2 pounds. So do I count up or do or leave it? LOL

Saturday I went for a 7k walk/run/jog and Sunday I did 10k! YAY! My eating was that bad - not super good - but overall not too bad. Ate some ice cream and a few potato chips too many but I ate ALL my meals at home, and I cooked them all! I am really digging this 'eat shrink and be merry' cookbook! I made some pizza dip, burgers, hummus and lemon poppy seed loaf! mmmm everything was sooo good! There is a beef soup I am probably going to try one night this week.. well I better because I bought everything for it! haha I am actually... *gasp* starting to like cooking!

Today I am leaving work early and going to a BBQ/Concert in Victoria for my boyfriend's work... we get 3 free drinks... I hope I can stick to rum and diet coke or something, LOL. Oh, last night... I drank a slur-pee with vodka and two dry ciders... maybe my weekend wasnt that great, LOL - the scale did say 181 something this morning! LOL - but I figure thats normal after all the drinks I had last night and garlic bread, haha. Oh and TOM and all the jogging I did....

Rosario
06-23-2008, 05:18 PM
aimee - I'm not so much jealous of ex-gf's (except for one cause that girl was crazy), more like jealous of girls he talks to and texts 24/7. He claims it's all innocent, but its hard to believe with his track record. So it's not like I can just be ok with it. And he never understood where I was coming from. But I don't know...we'll see what happens with that. MMM.. sushi sounds so good right now. I can go for the fake stuff (california rolls....mm!!!) I was home this weekend too. I've been dvr'ing sex and the city and friends, so that's what I do when the bf goes out. It may sound boring, but I love it!!

shari - wow, i am so sorry to hear about ur loved ones' losses. It is rough. Especially when someone is taken at the hands of someone else. Hopefully, your friend and your cousin can stay strong through this ordeal.

courtnie - hmmm...that's a toughie. I'd really count my Weigh-in first thing in the a.m after i used the bathroom, naked, of course. I always seem to get the most accurate reading at that time of day. but use whatever works for u, just be consistent with the dates and times.

i just got a mini break from work. im swamped. well, not really. just busier than usual. Haven't eaten really well today. Im hoping to go for a walk after work. Just to clear my head. I don't want to think too much cause then I start thinking about my dad and I just break down. And I have to stop crying for him so that he can rest. It's soooo hard though. Ay yi yi...what I'd give to have him back.

I'm down 0.8 for the week. No surprise. Haven't really been trying. But I'm hoping to get back on it. Just gotta build up my motivation again.

Question - I just wanted to ask (you guys don't have to answer), what you're religious beliefs are? I don't want to start a discussion or anything, I'm just curious to know. So feel free to answer!!

:wave:

SwimGirl
06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
Morning ladies! I've been busy over here dieting and exercising, not seeing much for results on the scale, but I plan to take measurements this Friday to see if there is any change! I sure hope so! Otherwise I'll be maaaaad!!

Rosario - I'm not cool with Josh talking to girls regularly, unless they talk to ME more regularly! So I definitely hear where you are coming from.. for me that would be a deal breaker, you are much stronger than I am! I'd be curious to see how your bf would feel about you talking to guys regularly. As for religious views, I wasn't raised in a religious way, I was taught to be kind to everyone, and that there is a higher power. For a while there I went to a couple different churches to see what each religion was like, that was pretty interesting!

Well, with that I am off to work! Have a good day!

-Aimee

Rosario
06-25-2008, 01:17 PM
aimee - ha!! that's what I always tell him. "You wouldn't like me doing that, would you?" But we'll never know cause I'm just not the type of person to do something like that. I'm excited for you to take your measurements!! lol I can't wait to see how much you've lost.

I meant to start working out yesterday but I got really lazy. But I am def starting my SI6 workout today. I know this may sound cheesy, but I'm going to lose this weight for my dad. He'd hate to see how unhappy I am with myself and my weight. So I want to show him what I'm made of.

Food has been ok today. Ate some cookies that I shouldn't have but they're gone now and I'm moving on. I should be good for the rest of the day. Esp. if I get my workout in and I'm shooting for a walk at the park near my house.

Hope everyone else is ok. Come post to let us know how you're doing!!

JasonsLea
06-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Hey girls! Sorry I haven't been around lately. Officially started work at the second job this week, today was my first 'full' day. Definitely need to get some new shoes, more support. I'm on my feet all the time at the VA but I'm moving around 98% of the time. At Valero, I'm behind the cash register, usually standing in one place for long periods of time. So my feet are hurrrrttting! :D

I let TOM weigh this time. Basically gained back almost all the weight I lost this month. :mad: Never again! Stupid TOM.

I'm working on a plan to get back in the saddle. Looking through my 'weightloss' box...place where I keep everything weight loss related.

I CAN DO THIS!

Oh and Ro, I'm a Christian but I guess kinda modified? At least, that's what other Christians think. I'm very into 'to each his own', letting people make their own decisions about their lives, it's between them and God, stuff like that. Ex. I support gay rights and love. I don't go to church, hated it since I was a kid. Hypocrites and all. I told my mama that if I ever get really religious, I'm going to convert and become Catholic simply because Mass is only 1 hour! :D

SwimGirl
06-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Rosario - when I first met a Josh I was pretty much... into dating.. I was dating in the bulk, he didn't like that. So we've got that as our start of the relationship. Josh is also abnormally considerate when it comes to most things, i feel beyond lucky! I sure hope that your bf gets his crap together soon, also, I want to be invited to your wedding ;) Sounds like you have some great motivation for losing weight, keep that momentum up, you can do it!

Shari - It's very painful to stand in one spot! Get some good insoles, they'll be your best friend. The scale is NOT your friend near TOM, sorry you had to go thru that... but have faith that it'll be all gone when TOM is over!

Well, I can't believe it.. but my brother is quitting his job. Who quits Google? Seriously! I am actually quite un-impressed with him right now. He hasn't thought this out at all. His gf is going with him, and we all know how I feel about her. She's really just not the one for him... definitely not. Plus like, people work their ENTIRE lives to get where he is.. and he's throwing it away on a start up company. Who the heck DOES that. Alright, end of my rant.. not really.. but it's too frustrating for me to talk about. Also, no more New York. I am sad about that too, it was pretty much a once in a life time trip.

-Aimee

sotypical
06-26-2008, 03:51 PM
Aimee smack your brother for me ;)

I have been so tired these past few days but I have been doing 5km everyday of walking/jogging... Sunday I even did 10k! phew

Eating is good.... no weight loss though. I never counted last week I am going to change my weigh in to saturday though. Some girls at work and I are working together so that is nice.

Anyway talk to you all later... trying to buy plane tickets!

Rosario
06-26-2008, 09:32 PM
courtnie - that's good that you got some people at work doing this with you. Extra support is always nice. way to go on all the exercise. thats awesome!1 keep it up :carrot:

aimee - what do you mean you dated in "bulk"? Multiple guys at once? My bf is my first bf ever. He was my first....pretty much everything. That's why I hope he does get his stuff together...but even then I'm not sure if we can be saved. :( That's weird about your brother. I was once read somewhere that Google was voted one of the best places to work in the USA because of all their employee incentives. That's a big decision. Hopefully he made it for himself, by himself. Life is funny like that. We learn our lessons when it's already too late :shrug:

shari - I haven't had a job where i have to stand up all day in years. I think that's why I am where I am. Maybe you can do some lunges or squats or something when no one is looking. And yes, YOU can do this!!

My eating has been horrible. But I did finish day 2 of working out. So YEAH! me. I guess I can get back on track with eating when I get to the grocery store and shop properly. I hhaven't had much money since I got back from LA so I'm playing catch up with the bills. I hate having to worry about money on top of everything else. But I shouldn't spend too much time on it cause after all, it is just money.

now Im just here at home waiting for my bf to come home with the food his mom sent me...I love home cooked meals!!

have a good night

sotypical
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Ro - that is a hard one. My first boyfriend was my first everything and I stayed with him a long time because of that - finally I decided I needed a 'break' and I called it off a little while after that... it was really hard at first and thought I have made the wrong choice, but within a month I knew it was the best decision of my life (up to that point, lol).

SwimGirl
06-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Something weird is going on with my body!! I had 1465 calories, had eaten 2 snacks and 2 meals, and had one meal to go.. but about an hour before I was going to eat my last meal I got super sick, migraine and all, ugh. So then I ate a higher fat meal and felt fine! The same thing happened the day before... am I not eating enough calories?? I've been trying to have about 1,800 to 2,000 calories a day, so I just don't get it!! I haven't figured out what to do about this yet, for today I am not counting calories, I just have too much to do to feel so sick. Grr!

Rosario - I used to date a LOT before I met Josh! Josh was my first relationship to last over a year though. I think I was dating 4-5 guys when Josh and I first started dating, I was pretty confident and thought I was pretty hot... infact I kind of was! lol... Money is a hard one - one day it'll get easier, that I can promise you! Just keep working hard, and I think life rewards you for hard work. My brother is an idiot, he really shouldn't be quitting his job.. now he's saying he's going to get a new car.. something is going on with him and he refuses to realize that he's not fulfilling his life's work! Instead he's stuck in a relationship that dragging him down, and thats translating into him being bored with the rest of his life. Good job on the exercise!!

Courtnie - congrats on the exercise! You must be losing inches from all that exercise, did you take them?

Today is the day! I am going bathing suit shopping, yucky! All my friends bailed of me.. again.. do you gals notice I have a lot of stories that go like that? Anyways, I am going to do it! I will be back later!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
:wave: sweeties!

I just got off from the VA and in about an hour I start my first graveyard shift at Valero.

Aimee, good luck with the shopping and I think you need to get new friends!

Rosario
06-28-2008, 02:24 PM
shari - i hope your shift went well.

aimee - you player, you. lol I kind of wish I had dated a lot before getting into a serious relationship. It would have saved me a lot of stress if i had been a bit more experienced in relationships. But I was a late bloomer. Bathing suit shopping is not fun. Of course, I think when im not fat anymore, it will be loads more fun. But of course, I could be wrong. hope u found the right suit. (show pics!!!)

courtnie - if we do break up i hope Im not wrong. My bf really is the guy I want to marry and have a future with. But maybe this break will help us realize stuff and we'll somehow come together again and be better than we ever could have been. I dont know.....I guess we'll just have to see.

Yesterday was horible. I made some spaghetti and ate lots of it. ended up in a food coma. So I did not work out last night. But i finished my workout for today. Going to my bf's sis house for a little party for his niece.

Today is my dad's bday. We're going to a mass later for him. It feels so weird to not be able to call him and wish him a happy bday. I know he's looking down on me and I know he heard me say happy bday to him when i woke up, but it's just so hard not having him here. I never imagined it would be this hard. :(

take care girls

JasonsLea
06-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Ro ~ :hug: Happy Birthday to your Daddy.

My first graveyard went really well. I have to work that again tonight. TTYL, I'm off to work!

Rosario
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
crap...i was back up to 245 this morning.

i feel like a big ball and everything just feels like its falling apart. This better get easier.

SwimGirl
06-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Oh my.. sorry I haven't posted! I have been around, but thought I'd already posted!

It's nice and HOT HOT HOT here! I'm enjoying it! I think we are going to the beach tomorrow... for Canada day! We were thinking about going to a festival or something, but it'll be far too hot for that! I am not 100% on plan, but still plugging away... i've probably gained, I seem to gain in the extreme heat. Ah well.. its so close to my vacation I don't think I care anymore! lol. SO bad!!!

-Aimee

sotypical
07-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I keep forgetting to post too! Going good... no loss again.. grrr if I dont lose this week :/

It has been HOT so I have been getting up at 5am to go for my walk/run.... really enjoy that!

Aimee just do your best! You must be getting excited!

JasonsLea
07-02-2008, 04:10 AM
Happy July yall! :D

SwimGirl
07-04-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm on vacation now... yay!!!! :)

-Aimee

sotypical
07-04-2008, 01:17 PM
have fun Aimee!!!

JasonsLea
07-06-2008, 12:28 AM
YAY Aimee! Have fun!

How was everyone's July 4th?

Rosario
07-07-2008, 09:02 AM
aimee - awesome!! have lots of fun!!!

shari - my 4th was nice. went to dinner with the IL's and saw fireworks. Pretty quiet.

2 pounds down for the week. Im so stressed out with all that's been going on with me. Argghh!!! Why do guys make things so complicated??

My goal was 10 pounds for the month. I know I can do it!!

sotypical
07-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Ro - congrats on 2 pounds! that is awesome!

So last weight in... down 1.6! yay! It have been a few weeks since I lost. I hope I can keep it up now.

Since the 1st I have walked/ran 45km! This morning I did 11.77km before work! phew.... I didn't mean too I just took this way that I thought was shorter then it was... but it was nice! Took a longer and didn't leave me much time to get ready but all well.

And then the stupid bus driver left 5 minutes early! arrrgh What a start to a Monday! lol

Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

Rosario
07-09-2008, 09:51 AM
courtnie - congrats on your loss!!

how is everyone else doing?

I've been eating waaaay too much. I'm scared to step on the scale. I've just been really blah lately. Hopefully this month picks up a little. And I hope ya'll are doing way better than I am.

JasonsLea
07-09-2008, 10:59 PM
Congrats Ro and Courtnie!

Down 4.2 this week.

SwimGirl
07-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I am on vacation and am doing HORRIBLE, and that doesn't even begin to describe it! I've been eating SO bad, not to mention the lack of exercise. Today Josh and I went for a 2km walk, and it hurt the entire time. But I pushed thru, and still plan to do a pretty hard hike next week...

Shari - Congrats on the WI!!!

I will report back later...

-Aimee

JasonsLea
07-12-2008, 03:08 AM
I have got to find a way to curb this mindless eating at work.....

SwimGirl
07-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Shari - thats a hard one... gum? suckers?

I'm getting better over here, more walking, less eating bad foods. Problem is that there is so much good stuff... fudge, which I never eat anytime except when I'm here because it's so fresh.. lots of bbq stuff going on. My brother was big into slurpees when he was here, he left today, so that should help with all that sugar I was consuming. The good thing is that I've been reading a book by Bob - the guy that Oprah worked with. Seems like a solid plan - it's a 12 week crash course. I have been trying to include some of the parts of it, as much as I can on vacation anyways! So thats whats going on over here.. I am off to sit outside!

-Aimee

Rosario
07-14-2008, 09:14 AM
aimee - mmm bbq!! I love me some good bbq. Just have fun and enjoy your vacation. (that's what I'd do). You can worry about all that dieting stuff when you get back!!

shari - congrats on ur loss!! gum works wonders for mindless snacking.

im up 2.2 this week. I have been doing horrible with the eating. I've been stressed out and to top it off my bf was laid off on friday. just what i need. I think we're going to move back in with his parents. I can't afford all our bills plus rent. Plus, we were getting a huge rent discount with my bf's job but now that's gone. <sigh> so I've got some tough months to look forward to.

on the good side, we won't have money to be eating out anymore so maybe that'll help with the whole weight loss thing lol

take care :wave:

JasonsLea
07-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey girls!

So now I know why I was a bottomless pit at work the other day.....TOM is here. And I'm glad. It's almost over and I have the rest of the month to show some progress.

purplecrush
07-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Hey girlies!!!!

Ive been hiding!! Like seriously, I havent done ANYTHING diet-related for months!! I didnt even come to this bored because I felt sooooooooo guilty!!!! I havent been on a scale for probably 5-6 months...and dont wanna!!

Sounds like all of you are on the ball with your weightloss!!

We'll im gonna poke around here some more. I need to get back on track, but its soooooooooo hard when you stopped for a looooooooong period of time!!

I only have myself to blame, there is no one else. Im the lazy one!! I wanted to weigh sooooooooo much less by my vacation...and I JUST GOT BACK!! So that plan didnt work!!

OK talk soon!

Rosario
07-15-2008, 05:09 PM
shari - tom sucks!! but now that it's over, it's time to get back in the game!! :lifter:

randee- good to hear from you. we all have our time away. the thing is just get back into it!!

i have not been eating right. but I havent gone grocery shopping either. I just found a pic of me when I weighed almost 40 pounds less. Wow!! Im using that pic as motivation. I had lost 30 pounds when I took that pic so I know I can do it.

No more fooling around girls!! Let's do this!!!

SwimGirl
07-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Hey Girls! I did some crazy huge hike today (I will post them soon on facebook), it was quite... interesting. Hard!! But it was good, to see how far the body can be challenged! I survived!! It was inspiring!

Rosario - I am with you, thinking that I can really do it! I am going to follow a fitness program when I get back - 12 week program. I have been feeling pretty crappy about my weight since being in my hometown, where everyone is so darn thin!! Grr on them! lol..

Randee - wb!! summer is either hard or easy to lose weight.. never seems to be anything in between!

-Aimee

sotypical
07-16-2008, 12:56 PM
Randee - welcome back!

Aimee - congrats on the huge hike!

Ro - you can do it! just keep working at it :)

So tomorrow night I am leaving for a friends for a few days... hope I can stay on track! It is her wedding reception (she already got married) so I think worst of all might be the drinking... but I will see what I can do!

Last night my boyfriend booked up plan tickets and hotel for 4 nights in vegas in August! So excited! It is my birthday present but we will also be there for our '4 year anniversary' if you wanna call it that... We will actually be gone for 6 nights in total, spend one night at a friends in vancouver and he will take us to air port in vancouver and then the day we come back we have the 3 doors down concert in vancouver so we will take in a hotel there.... will be a nice trip since we have never really done anything like it!

I have been running lots and eating good but the scale sucks.

JasonsLea
07-16-2008, 04:45 PM
:wave: everyone!

Off to the second job but wanted to let yall know that TOM is over and I've maintained the loss from last week! :carrot:

SwimGirl
07-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Courtnie - sounds like a fun weekend!! Just make sure when you are drinking that you make good food choices! Alcohol doesn't have to be THAT bad, sometimes its the food we eat when drunk thats the worst.... and I speak from experience!! heh.. I am so envious of your running! I won't be doing too much outdoor exercise near my house thanks to my bear thing.. stupid wilderness!!

Shari - congrats!! TOM is a bugger!

I am worried about my scale now.. so I've been cutting back like crazy, and starting to implement some of the changes thats I'm supposed to be doing for that 12 week plan. Hopefully it makes for no gains when I get back! I am also still soo sore from the hike!! I suspect it was the way down that hurt me the most, I am NOT sure footed at all, so I went really slow, which works more muscles. But I am going to start working on getting some of my stabilizer muscles stronger for the future. I better get going... have a good one gals!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
07-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Well I just got home tonight! Its so hard coming home from vacation!! I just wanna stay on vacation forever.. and also I'm not thrilled about our house.. it's so small, and has no outdoor space.. we need to move.. I better get going, gotta upload all my pictures!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
07-23-2008, 03:37 AM
:wave: everyone.

Sorry I haven't been around, work is seriously killing me and I haven't gotten any sleep. Went three days straight with like two hours of sleep. My boss at Valero sent me home this morning as soon as she saw me so I got to sleep ALLLLL DAYYYY! *sigh* Lovely.

Aimee ~ Post some vaca pics!

sotypical
07-23-2008, 01:45 PM
Hey Everyone! I am back! Had a good time with my friend though sure the scale is up! all well!

Happy to hear you had a good time to Aimee!

SwimGirl
07-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Shari - what kinda pictures? We have about 600 pictures, heh.. most are scenery, Josh took a ton of really bad pictures of me.. bad boy! Glad you got to sleep, it sounds wonderful!

Courtnie - good to hear you had a good time as well :)

Today I am going to get prepped for my 12 week workout program, gotta make up the workout schedule.. and I also made up this thing for my fridge to remind me of all the rules for eating. Fortunately they are easy!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
07-30-2008, 09:26 AM
Shari - Happy birthday girl!! :) How did you spend the big day?

-Aimee

JasonsLea
07-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Thanks Aimee! I spent the day depressed but I expected as much. So much better today, even though my friend blew a gasket at me so I'm not talking to her. It's like everyone is PMSing or something!

SwimGirl
07-31-2008, 09:19 AM
Shari - aww.. why would you expect to be depressed? I love birthdays, I suppose its because I always get spoiled for mine. Although this year Josh can't have ANY of time off around my birthday, he'd planned to take me on a weekend getaway... and we had to cancel it because his boss at work is a complete jerk.

So where did everyone go? It's been over a week since anyone posted!!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I knew I was going to be depressed on this birthday because I've achieved no goals that I wanted. My birthday is over, so I'm better now.

SwimGirl
08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
It's been just over a week since I started my new plan, it's been hard, definitely! Trying to make sure I get exercise in, even when I'm beyond tired, but I've done it! I lost 1 pound from the first week, which I'm thrilled with because I wasn't really paying too close of attention to what I was eating... just no mindless snacking! Just 11 more weeks to go! hehe..

-Aimee

JasonsLea
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
:wave: everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around, busy bee as always! Well my birthday came and went, I got into a fight with my BFF, made up with her, been working, met some new friends, went to my second party ever and it was so FUN, and went to my first bar/club. :D

Aimee ~ :carrot::dizzy:

sotypical
08-13-2008, 01:15 PM
helllllllloooooo out there

Rosario
08-14-2008, 02:38 PM
uh oh....is everyone gone???

come back guys!!

I was lost but now I've found my way back!! I haven't been doing ANYTHING. Food wise or workout wise. I think I'm teetering on the brink of the 250's. Yuck!! it's time for me to put my gameface on. I'm moving this weekend so I know I won't be doing too good. But I will try to make the effort. I hope you guys will be here to do this with me!!!

courtnie, shari, aimee??? how've u guys been????

Rosario
08-14-2008, 02:41 PM
courtnie - i just read your blog. Vegas is superfun!!!! JUst spend lots of time in the pool and get a tan. And make sure you get one of those superhuge daquiries!! Not so healthy but I'd say screw it!! It's vegas!!

SwimGirl
08-14-2008, 11:44 PM
I am still around, still doing my plan.. even though I've been sidetracked by Bronchitis, hopefully it'll pass soon and I'll be back to 100%! Glad to see some of you all posting!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
08-15-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm still here! :wave: Just busy as always. Hoping to get a position soon so I can only work one job and get back online.

sotypical
08-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Ro - good luck with the move!

Aimee - sorry to hear you are sick, hope you are feeing better soon!

Hi Shari!

So yes, I leave for Vegas next Friday! Thursday we head over to Vancouver and then come back the following Wednesday (in vegas Friday - Tuesday). I am really excited and hope I don't eat too badly - I feel like crap when I eat badly anyway so I wouldn't want to feel like crap the entire time! I finally made a doctor appt for blood work, its on Wednesday so by the time I get back they should have results.

I have been losing any weight, scale is up a pound from last weigh in 4-5 weeks ago, taking it anyway so I can compare when we get back.

JasonsLea
08-16-2008, 01:51 AM
:wave: everyone.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be offline for a couple of weeks. It's gotten to the point where I rather shoot myself in the foot than pay Rent A Center:censored: money for a crappy computer that I could be putting towards a nice, new computer of my own. Hopefully this haitus will only last up to 3 weeks. I'm already going through withdrawals!:stress: Love yall! :hug:

hsmomx2
08-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Shari- I hope your able to get another computer soon. You sound just as busy as always.

Courtnie- I know you've got to have your count down to Vegas going. I hope you have a great time. My neighbor really enjoyed her trip to Vegas. She played at the casinos for about 6 hours on $100 and left with a little over $300.

Aimee- How are you feeling now?

Ro- Did I read that you are moving again?

Well, things around here are back to normal (what ever that is) for the most part. I've been trying to work on getting back on track. I believe its one of the hardest things in life to do. I'm just going to have to take baby steps to get back I guess. I did good yesterday on drinking my water. So that's my goal for this week is to just get my water in. It sounds alot of us is struggling to get back on the weightloss wagon. My struggle has been brought on many reason: I'm back to putting me last.; I've been beating myself up over gaining weight back.; And I've lost my I can motivation.; Then there's the well something else will come up and I lose focus again so I might as well be fat and happy. (This has been one hard year so far.) Sorry, gals I've just being completely honest with ya'll and myself. I'm trying to dust myself off and get back on track even thought I still feel like a failure. I've done good before I can do it again. What's everyone else dealing with?

hsmomx2
08-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Questionaire

What are your weightloss struggles? (time, motivation, effort, attitude)

How do you find your motivation again?

How long does it take for you to get back on track?

What is your diet plan, now?

What is your exercise goals?

hsmomx2
08-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Questionaire *Add more questions if you like

I've been struggling with all four, but I think attitude is my biggest. I feel if I can get it in check everything else will fall into place. I also have a thyriod problem that makes it hard to loss weight.
This has been a struggle for me. I'm working on baby steps at a time. If I can see victory in some areas the others will seem more doable.
This will be my third attempt at trying to lose weight within about 6yrs. I'm afraid of becoming a yo-yo. It's taken me 6 months to get to the point to try again. So I'm not sure about how one it will take me to get back on track.

I'm going back with the WW Flex program, but very slowly this week is working on get all my water in. Coffee is not good when you become addicted to it.

What is your exercise goals? At the end of last year I planned to get 2008 miles worth of exersice in. I think so far I've gotten around 700-800 miles in. I'll have to check. For right now, my goal is to get back into the habit of regular exercising.

hsmomx2
08-18-2008, 06:02 PM
I've gotten all my water in for two days in a row.

How's everyone else doing?

hsmomx2
08-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Well, I guess everyone is busy today.

I got all of my water in and 30 min on the Wii Fit tonight. It's better than I've done in a while.

Night to all!

SwimGirl
08-19-2008, 12:24 AM
I am around most of the time... stuff has been busy with work. But thats all settled, thank goodness! So I will be around more! I will fill in your questionnaire another day... it's 2 hours and 38 minutes until my bday! hehe.. I am on my exercise plan still, and am also working on drinking water! 3 of my water bottles a day! ttyl..

-Aimee

hsmomx2
08-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Good Morning!

Happy Birthday, Aimee! How are you planning on celebrating?

Rosario
08-19-2008, 02:14 PM
aimee - :bday2you:
here's some cake for ya!! :hb: glad you've been on plan. what do u have going on tonite??

hsmomx2 - yes I moved. living with the ILs. bf lost his job and a big rent discount so we kind of had to. its good to see you on again. i was wondering what was going on with u. did you get your house all settled and everything??

shari - hope your good on your hiatus!!

courtnie - vegas is buffett city!! but maybe if you stay out by the pool you'll be less inclined to eat so much. you don't want to feel all bloated in a swimsuit, kwim? where are you guys staying?

so we moved. its almost over. we just have to figure out how to get this 300 pound tv out of our apt. I just want to leave it there cause it's so huge and ugly but idk. the move totally killed me. it was hot. I was sweating buckets and i was crampy all day. Yuck!! It was not a good time to move. But I have been eating a little less. I blame that on the lack of funds right now. I just need to get into a routine at the ILs. they live in a nice little cul-de-sac so I want to start walking around the block. But I'm just so tired right now and trying to get normal again.

chat with ya later :wave:

Rosario
08-19-2008, 02:24 PM
time - i have lots of free time on my hands so that isnt a problem
motivation - its hard for me to stay motivated. when I do find some, it lasts only hours.
effort - well If Im not motivated I don't really put much effort. and I know when I work really hard, I can do awesome. Again, it just takes that motivation to get me there.
attitude - I have a lousy attitude. I want a quick fix and I want to be able to stuff my face and lose weight. I know that's not the way to go. I know that losing weight is going to be very hard work. But I know the rewards are going to be like nothing I've ever felt. So I want to get into that mindset that the hard work and sacrifices will pay off.

lots of things...the biggest things are thinking about the future and what I want. And I know I can get there if I work hard and am happy with myself. But again, it lasts only hours :(

hmmm......very long time. I've only been on track weeks at a time, if even that long.

Right now, I am just trying to eat less. Smaller portions, less fast food and junk (haven't been really successful...yet)

I just want to become more active. I lay around way too much. I plan on starting to walk and starting up my SI6 again.

sotypical
08-19-2008, 03:06 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIMEE!!!!

Ro - We are staying at treasure island! I highly doubt we will be sitting by the pool! We plan to walk around and see very everything!

hsmomx2
08-19-2008, 08:31 PM
We still have to blend the ceiling paint from the hallway with whats in the kitchen and living room. We've paid for our entertainment center back in May or June and we still don't have it yet. I'm enjoying the flooring in those rooms that we had put down (instead of carpet). We also still haven't gotten a bed that dd and us can agree on. I dont remember if I told ya'll about losing my wedding band while picking up in the yard. Dh bought me a new one last week. Ds has a phobia on thunderstorms(due to tornado) and dogs (one bit him on the ear a few months ago).

Ro- I've been battling with my attitude alot. I'm sorry your move wasn't easy. Are you still towards the Atlanta area?

Aimee- How's your birthday going?

Courtnie- What are the first places you plan on seeing? I hope you have a great time.

hsmomx2
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Good morning gals!

I did good getting in my water yesterday. So I've met my goal three days in a row. My kids are both feeling better today.

sotypical
08-20-2008, 05:28 PM
hsmomx2 - no plan! just winging it!

So I went and had some blood work done today. Testing Iron, Thyroid and stuff.

Other then that, just getting really excited! But im gonna miss my doggie :(

Rosario
08-21-2008, 03:41 PM
courtnie - trust me....you'll be spending some time at the pool. with all that walking around and the strip is 10 times hotter than the normal weather cause of all the cars. It's crazy hot. where u leaving keiko?? i want to test all that too. my hair falls out like crazy and I hear that could be a result of low iron. but I hate waiting at the doctor's office so I don't know when I'll make an appointment.

hsmomx2 - WTG on sticking to your goals. it's been awhile since I've drank water. I need to start making that a priority if I ever want to start losing weight.

So I have my beloved scale back and this morning it said 251. Wowzas!! that's the highest I've ever been. And I saw my reflection in the mirror today. Very depressing. I really do like a ball. Lol it's funny yet sad. I really have to lose this weight. I feel gross, look gross and its making me feel like crap!! I'm tired of feeling like this.

Sorry to be giving you all the same speech but Im really serious this time. I just want to start working at it already so i can see some results. well Ill chat with you all later.

take care :wave:

hsmomx2
08-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Ro- My hair falls out very easy, but I have thyriod problems. It also makes it harder to lose weight and easier to gain. I didn't want to go to weigh in but I knew that it was time to be honest and face the damage I've been doing to myself. So, I went to my first ww meeting since May 9th! I'm up 13# since my last meeting. We both realize where we are now and know what we can do to change it. We can do this together.

SwimGirl
08-22-2008, 02:34 AM
Questionaire

Definitely time! In a weird way, when I'm home all the time I have issues dieting, but when I'm working lots its hard to get all the exercise in! I also have an attitude problem, I want results, NOW.

Good question. Reading books on weight loss helps, its gotta be something positive though, because negative stuff.. like hating my body never works for me. Just paralyzes me with depression.

As soon as I make up my mine, I go shopping and its right back at 'er.

I am following Bob Greene's 12 week diet/workout schedule. I like it, it's mostly working out.. little bit on dieting. I am having some issues with that, I was really good until I got Bronchitis. This week is my full week back at working out, and I've been good with water.

To continue with the Bob Greene workout schedule, and work up to running. I want to do a 10 km run in the spring.

I did it! Yay me !

-Aimee

SwimGirl
08-22-2008, 02:41 AM
Courtnie - I'm so very jealous of the Vegas thing! I am thinking of going there for my 30th birthday, could be fun right? Gotta celebrate big!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home!

Rosario - Nice to see you posting again! Are you working since you moved? How's the living situation.. does it make things easier to dieting/exercising, or worse? When I lived with my bf and his parents it was hard to workout, lack of space was a big issue. Also the dieting thing was hard! Is it okay that I'm jealous of your 251? I am sitting at 265! Ugh! Not fun.

hsmom - good job on the water! Water is a hard one for me, I bought a really cute water bottle to help me with it. It's definitely helped! 13 pounds isn't too bad considering what you were dealing with, you can definitely recover from that!!

So my birthday was good... we went to Whistler, which is about 2 hours away... walked around the town, did some shopping (I got spoiled, as per usual.. lol.. I love it!). My brother was in town with his gf, so it was nice to have some family around. Also.. my BIG news... sorta.. is that I could put on a lululemon sweater... and.. ZIP IT UP!! I didn't buy it, it was 98 bucks, but I'm still so proud!! Oh, and their largest size is a 12... no way I'm a 12, but it was exciting to fit into some trendy smaller clothes :)

-Aimee

hsmomx2
08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Aimee- Way to go on the sweater fitting! Why didn't you buy if for a bday gift? I'm glad you had a good time. Great job getting more water in. I like saving my calories for the sweets or pasta.

Courtnie- I hope you have a blast!

Ro- What do you plan to do to get back on track? It's always interesting to hear how others do it.

Shari- I don't know if your able to use a computer somewhere else right now, but hopefully we'll make the same team.

I'm still taking things slowly. I've gotten four days with getting in all my water. Today will hopefully be the 5th. I guess I need to start thinking of which step I want to add Monday. I know for the next three weeks we want be eating out hardly at all due to lack of money coming in. So I've got to get a grocery list and get healthier foods instead of my favorite nuke a meals and high calorie snacks. I've also enlist myself on the TBL challenge here on the boards again. Last time I had to much going on in my life with the tornado, Quentin getting dog bit, home school, and insurance paper work to name a few to complete it. I plan to paricipate and finish it this time.

hsmomx2
08-22-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Rosario
08-22-2008, 04:29 PM
hsmomx2 - wtg on getting to a meeting!! I think I have thyroid issues too. I have this lump on my neck that the drs say has to do with it,but I've been too chicken to actually go check it out..I dont think its too serious and I know that's not whats keeping me from losing weight. But yea, I know I still should check it out. but lack of funds right now is keeping me from going to the drs and eating out like i used to. one good thing to come from a one-income home!!

aimee - cograts on that NSV. so the working out is paying off? I cant wait to fit into something from Forever 21. glad you had a good birthday. the dieting thing should be easier living with the ILs. his mom cooks every night so there's no eating out just because I'm lazy. besides we are really broke right now so theres no money for extra snacks. mmm....our room is pretty spacious so I know with some manouvering I could work out in there. plus theres always walking around the block. I know I can do good here...I just really haven't started trying.

haven't eaten too well today. But I plan to start getting my crap together this weekend. I just want to rewind, reflect, and come up with a plan of action to battle this beast. lol I saw a pic of me when I had lost 30 pounds in '04. wow....i really can't wait to get there. I remember how good it felt seeing my body change. It was the best feeling ever!! so I really want to start that up again.

hope everyone has a good weekend. I'll try to be around to report back to ya'll and to see how u guys are doing. keep it up everyone!!!

SwimGirl
08-23-2008, 02:44 AM
hsmom - the sweater was 98 dollars for a hoodie, I couldn't justify it just because I could do it up. Also, the one I realllly want is cheaper! I think I'm about to go on a stricter diet soon, it's time to get some of this weight off, I'm starting to feel sluggish.. and I figure, I need to put in the effort!

Rosario - glad to hear things are going to be good with the bf's fam! I think the working out is paying off, or it was... my clothes have gotten a little tighter as of late.. but I still have lost some inches. I also plan to kick it up a notch to lose a couple of pounds to feel more comfortable, I have been hanging out with some newer people.. and I feel.. yucky! Most of the girls are really skinny, makes me feel awkward!

Today was an odd day for me.. I went to meet up with a girl I was friends with in highschool, I haven't seen her in a while! It was.. odd, not bad, but not great either! I haven't fully processed it yet either! And then I stopped by another friends place on my way home, we hung out, and then her best friends boyfriend came over (since her best friend had ditched both her and her bf to go off with another friend), it was an odd combo of people, but we had a good time! After all of this, I came home and worked out!! The workout part is going pretty good for me. My next two steps are to not eat 2 hours before bed, and also to have a nutritious breakfast. Those are the big rules of this program I am doing, or at least the problems I've had for just over a week now. My goal is to lose 11 more pounds before Oct 18th, I've only lost 1 pound (but I'm maintaining it!).. so yah. I am just babbling now. I better go to bed, I gotta get up in 6.5 hours!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
08-25-2008, 02:32 AM
I did pretty good this weekend! Exercised every day, got all my water in! Yay me! lol.. bf and I are spending some quality time together after a horrible conversation, so its been good. Keeping things close to home for now.

How's everyones weekend??

-Aimee

Rosario
08-25-2008, 09:33 AM
aimee - yay!! it sounds like you're doing really good!! way to go. what does this workout schedule you got going on entail?? I am looking for something to start off slow and then work my way up to a hardcore workout. I was thinkin of the Jorge Cruise 8 minute something or other. But I need to get the book first. what was so "odd" about your meeting with your old friend.

well, I wasnt up to par this weekend. It was a really lazy weekend. Just a lot of sleep and lots of eating last night. I'm feeling it this morning. But today is another day and the beginning of another week. I saw some ladies walking around the block this weekend so I'm trying to drum up enough courage to get that started. Hopefully my bf will want to do it with me. He needs to lose about 10 pounds (lucky sucker!!). I brought my Ipod to work so maybe I could organize some songs into a workout playlist.

And ewwww....I got tricked into eating tongue this weekend. MY MIL cooked some type of meet and I thought it was beef or something. So I ate some and it was really good. But it was really tender and I was like this isn't beef what is it? So my FIL says it's lamb and I'm like ok. But upon further inspection, I found the tastebuds!!! Yuck!!! It was really good but its a psychological thing with me and all I could eat was just one more piece and the rest I gave to my bf. Like I said, it was really good, but If I know what it is, I will not eat it. Damn my bf's family!!! lol

hsmomx2
08-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Aimee- Awesome job this weekend! I need to get back into the habit of workout again.

Ro- Ugh, I understand how you feel about the tongue! I don't know if I would of been able to keep it down good or not. So are you planning on going for a walk about the block after work? I just noticed that you signed up for the tbl challenge too.

I'm not sure if I got all my water in yesterday because I lost count but I think I did. So I'm adding 5 mins of weights 3x's a week. I've already got once done.

Rosario
08-25-2008, 01:12 PM
hsmomx2 - I am planning on it. It doesn't look too good out though. Ihope it's not raining later. Yes I did sign up for the challenge. I've never been able to complete a whole one, so hopefully this helps me stay on plan. What kind of plan are you doing for workouts?? Your own routine or are you following something?

hsmomx2
08-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I'm taking baby steps to getting back on track last week was water. This week I've added 5 mins of weighs 3x's. I'm debating on adding more physcial activity next week (1ap=15 mins) or try to get in all my fruits & vegetables. I may add another "step" before Monday. It just depends on how much effort it takes me to make these. I don't wont to relaspe in my efforts. I can't stand the feeling of failing.

hsmomx2
08-25-2008, 04:03 PM
I am planning on going to weigh in again this Thursday. I've got to get this balling rolling again. Even if I don't care for the leaders. It's not about them. It's about the fact that if I don't weigh in I won't acknowledge the point at which I stand.

hsmomx2
08-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Just checking in to see what I've missed today. Wellll, it doesn't look like I missed anything. I hope everyone had a great day today. I got all my water in and 39 mins of Wii fit in. Tommorrow looks like it will be one of those days that I'm on the road more than at home.

SwimGirl
08-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Today was pretty good, had a nutritious breakfast (part of my rules), did my big workout day, and ate pretty good. Not GREAT, but decent. I also went for a pedicure with a friend, which was a lot of fun!

Rosario - my workout schedule goes like this, 5 days a week of cardio, I'm at 23 minutes a day this week, it goes up by 2 minutes every week. 1 day a week I do a double workout, so 46 minutes of cardio. I also do a series of stretches, ab work, some calf raises and should shrugs, thats 6 days a week. And then I do weights 3 times a week. I also have 5 diet rules I'm trying to follow, its hard though! No alcohol, easy for me, 6 8oz cups of water a day, no eating 2 hours before bed ( struggling with that one right now), eat a nutritious breakfast, and be conscious of what you are eating. And thats what I'm doing! Sounds easy enough, and I was doing SO great, and then I fell way off when I got sick. Now the issue is not eating 2 hours before bed, I did it yesterday, but not tonight :(

hsmom - its nice to see you so motivated, I have to admit I am feeding off of it! So thanks :) What are you doing tomorrow that you are on the road so much?

I am off to bed... night gals!!

-Aimee

Rosario
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
aimee - your plan sounds great!! you sound like your doing awesome. good luck on not eating those 2 hrs before bed. I alwasy get snacky late at night. I definitely got to stop that though. I'm seeing the repurcussions already :mad:

hsmomx2 - good job with the water!! I want to try getting a wii fit. i get enough of a workout playing mario party right now. good luck at weigh in tom (if you're still planning on going)

I have to weigh in Friday morning and see what the damage is. Ive been doing horribly. eating a lot ( I don't know how thats possible with no extra money whatsoever). and Ima try to devise a workout schedule thats easy and one that i could follow.

gotta run :wave:

JasonsLea
08-27-2008, 06:06 PM
'Ello loves! :D

Good to see all yall around and posting!

Happy Belated Birthday AIMEE! :celebrate:

I'm at my mama's house right now. I am SO not doing good without yall! I just realized yesterday that I've been bingeing like crazy since I returned the computer and my internet got turned off! I haven't been exercising either. :dz: I also realized that my work environment has a HUGE part in my irrational eating. When I'm off from both jobs, I sometimes forget to eat, I'm just not hungry. I eat something and I'm satisfied for the next three to four hours. But when I have to work, it completely different. Ex. yesterday morning, I was at valero. I ate breakfast, went to work, less than an hour later, I was eating a hot dog! I ate the SAME breakfast this morning and didn't get hungry until a little after noon! Not only are these two jobs destroying my sleep, they are destroying my waistline. *sigh* If I get this valet position, things will get so much better. ONE job and great pay! And NO FOOD! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

HS and Ro ~ I hope we're on the same team! Hopefully I'll have some good news when the challenge starts. :crossed:

SwimGirl
08-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Hey Ladies! Today was pretty good, had a great breakfast, good lunch, and a good dinner! But once I was off work, disaster struck!! I was sooo hungry it hurt, so we made a pit stop at McD's, I had a jr chicken sandwich, and small fries... :( I am sad that I didn't do the no eating for 2 hours before work, also! I only got in 2/3's of my water! I will have a little bit more before bed, try and make it up!

Rosario - the plan is good, very time consuming though! Especially when I am working lots, tomorrow I work until 7pm, and then gotta come home and workout. Sometimes I just wanna lay on the couch! But I am trying to stay committed to this plan, even when its hard. And my darn scale is NOT down.

Shari - we miss you around here! Sorry to hear things are pretty rough :( I sure hope you get the job!! Working kind of sucks, I feel very fortunate that I can work 4 days a week and not have to work 5. Too much for me! lol.

I am pooped tonight! So I am off to bed, hopefully I get something good on my scale tomorrow! I really need to see some smaller numbers on my scale, I hate that I'm working out so much and that the number is going up! Also, I am not losing inches really either! K, enough complaining from me! Goodnight!

-Aimee

Rosario
08-28-2008, 09:41 AM
aimee - you only work 4 days a week??? LUCKY!! I wish I had that kind of schedule, even if I did have to pull in 10 hr days. that extra day off would be bliss. being hungry like that is a killer for me. I'm thinking of maybe getting some kind of snack to hold me over from lunch until dindin. Maybe some almonds or something. Have you thought of incorporating some sort of afternoon snack so you aren't so hungry after work??

shari - good to hear from you lady! its hard not to eat when you work around food so much. how about chewing on sum gum or sucking on a hard candy when you get the urge to eat? At least you'll have something to keep your mouth busy and it's not as bad as a hotdog. Good luck with the job!!

today's goals:

drink 3 - 21 oz glasses of water (working on the first one)
stick to what I have planned to eat (3 meals, no snacks :() I need to get some snacks and soon!!
Strength exercises - legs: squats, lunges, plies
Walk - try to go for 20 min!

I figured I post my daily goals to help me stay on track. I've decided to just work on one muscle group 2x a week just to start off. So the first day is legs, 2nd day is arms, 3rd day abs, repeat 3 days, with one day off. that sounds pretty easy and reasonable for me. And I most definitely need to start the walking. Just gotta get moving. I've just been really lazy when I get home from work. And it doesn't help that I'm sitting down all day at work. I've flattened my a$$ completely!! That muscle is certainly my first priority right now!!

chat with u later :wave:

SwimGirl
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Rosario - I am the queen of snacks and mini meals! heh. Thats scary actually, because I do eat quite a bit, I know I'm busy at work.. but oh my! So yesterday, 1. I had oatmeal with fruit on top, and some 1% milk. 2. Two rolls of sushi 3. salad with chicken on it. 4. 100 calorie pack of almonds and a peach 5. Fibre 1 bar 6. Jr Chicken and small fries. I'd be curious how many calories all of that is, I don't always do 6, but I always do a minimum of 4. You do need to get some snacks in, I love the 100 calorie packs of almonds, fibre 1 bars, fruit, veggies & dip. Sounds like you have a good workout plan! Are you going to update us at the end of the day and let us know how you've done?

I am off to find something for breakfast, I am NOT into eating this morning. Have a good day! And then its off to work for me!

-Aimee

sotypical
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
AIMEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS ON THE LULULEMON!!!!!!! I remember when I could first do one up... I bought it, LOL. I have Lululemon on now... love these hoodies, LOL.

So I am back from Vegas, it was awesome! For the amount of walking I did I would of thought I would of lost weight... but we will see. I think I gained, LOL.

Rosario
08-28-2008, 03:04 PM
courtnie - how was it?? What'd you do and see???

aimee - that's the plan!! that's why it'll feel even worse if I come back to ya'll at the end of the day and I didn't follow through on what I said. your snacks sound yummy!! I just dont have any extra cash right now to go shopping. I eat whatever My MIL cooks for dinner and take leftovers for lunch. Bfast is usually oj and some little toasts with cream cheese. I know I'm not eating good nutrition-wise. I just dont have money right now to go buy groceries :( hope you have a good day at work!!

so I just finished meal #2 and Im working on water glass #2. So good so far. I even went through the trouble of printing out a workout schedule and everything. I've invested too much time to mess this up!! lol

hsmomx2
08-28-2008, 09:51 PM
Aimee- I had to take sil to a child support office several counties away. I had errands to do. We had church that night too. Today, both kids had dentist appts, and I had more errands to do. It's sounds like a great program. How did your day end? I started yesterday trying not to eat after 9. I started craving something sweet last night right after 9, but I did good. Today at 19 after 9 I wanted something salty so I decided to get on the net instead.

Ro- I didn't go to weigh in today because I the kids had dentist appts. I had forgotten totally about. I did weigh at the house this morning. I don't know if my scales match the ww ones but I hope they don't. It had me being up 4# in a week?!? I'll have to see what I weigh in at ww this coming Thursday. I'm not going to let this discourage me. I may need to up my goals to take bigger baby steps. How did your weigh in go? How did you do on your goals for the day?

Courtnie- I'm glad you had a great time in Vegas. I'm with Ro where's the details.

Shari- I was thinking the same thing about how it would be cool if we were on the same team. Sorry, your having a hard time. When will you know if you got the other job.

Rosario
08-29-2008, 08:20 AM
hsmomx2 - well, you sound like you had a busy last couple of days. do you find it easier or harder to stay on plan when you're running around??

yesterday was an OK day. Got my water in, did my exercises, walked for about 14 minutes. THe only bad thing was i ate something that wasn't planned for. My bf came to meet me at work and we made a pit stop on the way home. Can't be doing that if I expect to lose some weight. HAve to definitely start working my way up to walking more than 15 minutes. It's just that the shoes I was wearing last nite were way to big and not comfortable. So my feet gave out before my body did. I'll have to find some comfy shoes to wear tonite.

Goals for today:
3 glasses of water
eat planned meals (ate bfast already, lunch: chicken/rice/apple/salad, dindin - lasagna)
walk at least 20 minutes
work on arms

it looks like it's gonna be a good day. It's FRIDAY!!! :wave:

SwimGirl
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I did it yesterday! I got all my water in, exercised, AND managed to go to bed 2 hours after I ate! I stayed up a little too late though, you never think about the next morning when you are staying up. I got 6.5 hours of sleep, but I have a headache this morning, so I guess it wasn't enough? Although this is day 2 of a slight headache... hmm, wonder whats going on there.

hsmom - wow, busy girl!! I never have that many errands to run, thankfully! I am also a procrastinator, so bad! Its hard not eating at night, but I really do think its a good thing, late night snacking usually ends up being wasted calories for me. Keep up the good work!!

Rosario - congrats on the 14 minutes, my exercise program started with 15 minutes, and I've worked up to now doing 25 a day. I know I could do a little more, but I also don't want to burn out too quickly. Your lunch sounds yummy! And your dinner.. heh..

Well I am off to work! Have a good day ladies.. and TGIF!!! Even better... its a long weekend :) Just 8.5 hours until I am off for 3 days... lol..

-Aimee

Rosario
08-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Well I am off to work! Have a good day ladies.. and TGIF!!! Even better... its a long weekend :) Just 8.5 hours until I am off for 3 days... lol..

-Aimee

I am so with you!!! I NEED an extra day off!! Only 5.5 to go!!!

:carrot:

sotypical
08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Vegas was great! Did lots of walking. Saw two Cirque Du Soleil shows! We say Mystere and Love (about the Beatles) - both were awesome! Love was better though ;) haha

Sounds like everyone is doing better then me. My eating isn't terrible but it isn't that great either. I am just so fed up, seriously. I haven't heard anything about the blood results. I just don't understand why I work my *** off for a month... like eat perfect, exercise and lose 2-3 pounds but I can gain DOUBLE that back in 6 days of not eating well (and not even bad, just not perfect!) and walking like 6 miles a day.... like seriously.

Anyway, I will be back on track Monday. We had NO food in the house. Seriously, the only food in the fridge is like ketchup, mustard, pickles, sour cream, cartoon of egg whites that sort of thing. At least I found some peaches on our peach tree and I have some frozen fruit, lol.

So my day started out good... peach, frozen fruit smoothie and egg whites in a whole wheat wrap! mmmm

But someone at work made cookies, so I have two cookies... but they are small ones! LOL But I am going for lunch! haha and camping this weekend...

All well, we will go get food tonight so Monday I will be back on plan!

And Sunday is the Nike Human Race challenge! and I REAAAAAAAAAAALY want to do it. It has been weeks... a month and half even since I last run and with the weather changing I wont get to go much.... but I really wanna do this 10k! So I hope we are back in time from camping so I can do it... even if I have to walk it! I just want to be a part of it and say I did it.

hsmomx2
08-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Well, yesterday was a great day at the lake. We were celebrating dh's bday. My mil bought a cake and I got the smallest piece and didn't ever eat it all.

Courtnie- I hope you have fun camping this weekend. It sounds like you got a lot of walking in and had a great time.

Ro- I've still not really be working on the food issue for my weigh just the lazyness. (being active enough) I think the worst part about days on the road isn't eating out but the stops at convience stores. For some reason I also lean/crave sweets. I've got to start working on making better food choices again. Great job on getting your goals done! How is today going?

Aimee- I have trouble with late night snacks too. I ate after 9 yesterday because dinner wasn't until 9:30, to top it off it was McD's. I'm starting over on that goal tonight. I believe it's going to be harder than the water and weights 3x's wk.

SwimGirl
08-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Rosario - did you make it thru your day? I barely did! On Thursday I got a decaf coffee, only they must have made it with caffeine because I got the worst headache yesterday! I came home, and passed out on the couch until 9:30pm! LOL, so much for my friday night! Tonight we are off to a party, and I've planned to drink lemoncello and iced tea, it's quite yummy together! But definitely going to have to exercise tomorrow to make up for all the calories! How did you make out yesterday with your goals?

Courtnie - Vegas sounds like a ton of fun!! I am planning to go for my 30th bday, next August! I don't know if I am doing better than you, I've been keeping up with the exercise as per my program, and mostly good with water, but thats it! Bad me! And I really wanted to be down 11 more pounds by Oct 18th, so I gotta get at 'er if I plan to make that goal!

hsmom - sounds like a nice day! The warm weather where I am is over for the year, we are actually experiencing late Sept/Oct weather right now... soooo depressing! I love the summer and had planned to go to the beach on Monday, thats not going to be happening! Food is a hard one to work on, eh? I have issues with it, esp when I think I am working out so hard... I sometimes eat MORE because of it!

I am off for the entire weekend, so today we are going to do some errands and then today is a bday party! Should be an alright day, and I have to fit in some exercise. Josh is playing some stupid video game, I hate the stupid thing! He was on it until 2am last night, and then its the first thing he thought about this morning... grr!! I think I'll force Josh to go for a walk with me to make up for this.. hehe... I am off to tackle my day, and possibly check the scale to see whats going on! I haven't been on it in a week or so, shocking because I love getting on it! Last time I checked I was up to 266, so I had possibly gained back the pound I lost, maybe today will be better!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
08-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Well, I weighed AND measured myself. My weight is my ticker weight, so down 1 pound since I started this thing. I also took my measurements, and I am basically down NOTHING. I don't get how I can't be losing weight OR inches??? SO frustrating!! Infact, in some areas I am UP inches, my left thigh is up half an inch, and so is my right calf.. sooo confused!! The only time I ever seem to be successful at losing weight is when I do a low carb thing, but ugh, its so hard to keep up. Poopy. I also found a ton of pictures of me today that I haven't seen in years. I'll see if I can post a picture of me and my stepsister, I was feeling selfconscious in the picture.. if only!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Today was alright, I had a good breakfast, went shopping for some healthy foods for the week and then for my cardio today I jogged nearly the entire 25 minutes! I was kind of impressed!

I drank a little too much at the party, however I did quite a bit of dancing! So hopefully that burnt off a few calories! It was fun though, to get out with people my own age! I almost felt my age.. lol... How was everyone's weekend? I'd sad that the summer is over.. it was toooo short this year!

-Aimee

sotypical
09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Aimee - congrats on all that jogging!

I did the 10k Human Race on Sunday... I haven't been out in a month and a half so it took longer then I wanted and I am still SOOOOOO sore, I can hardly walk.

I am doing so so, but the scale just keeps going up and up and up! And tonight I am supposed to be going for dinner. At this time the scale is even HIGHER then the start weigh in my ticker! OMG - I am sure lots is water, but still. Anyway, tom is just around the corner. So I think I will weight Friday and then hide the scale for a month. I am just getting so mad. :(

SwimGirl
09-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Courtnie - thanks! same to you! The race sounds pretty surreal!

So today I did good, nutritious breakfast, I had a good morning snack too! I also drank all my water, and no eating 2 hours before bedtime. I exercised, but I think I pushed myself a little hard because every muscle in my body is aching! I just got out of a 30 minute steaming hot shower - my legs hurt a little less. Now I just gotta wait for my hair to dry so I can sleep sleep sleep and more sleep!

Where is everyone?? hsmom?? Rosario?? Come out come out where ever you are (even if its in the land of not doing so well!!).

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Aimee- It sounds like your had a great day yesterday. We've had surprise company drop in. She just left yesterday. My dh has a gaming problem too. Awesome job on jogging nearly 25 mins! The most I've jog is 10 mins and I was soaked with sweat. You can get that 12 pounds before 10-18th. It's so doable.

For the last two days I didn't get my water in or stop eating at 9. I did get my weights done last week now on to this week. I hope to tract all my points today. Of course I'm going to try to eat to stay within my points. I don't like going over them at all. But I do get cranky when my points are up. Tomorrow I have weigh in and I'm going. I'm going to do some thinking about where I am and how I plan to get there.

Rosario
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
this past weekend threw me off. I did my workout on Friday, but I must have done something wrong because all weekend my elbows and arms were sore like you wouldn't believe. That pretty much stopped me from any workouts. I did play tennis on Monday night, didn't last night, but am scheduled to play tonite. My bf wants to help me out in that department. Food hasn't been the greatest, but I'm working on it. And I haven't had my water since Friday. Gotta work on that too. Finally got that Jorge Cruise 8 minutes in the morning. Looks interesting but I am way too tired to do any type of exercise in the a.m. We'll see if I start it.

hsmomx2 - good luck at weigh in. how do you think you'll do?

aimee - awesome on your good day yesterday. sorry about the sore muscles. they're a bummer especially when you actually want to get moving. hope they feel better today. btw - you look so cute in that pic. I love your hair that way. I love old pics...they're the best motivation.

courtnie - awesome on the 10K. I wish I had the courage to start one. Have you been noticing a difference in the way you look maybe? Maybe you should ignore the scale for awhile and take measurements??

SwimGirl
09-03-2008, 03:15 PM
hsmom - you were supposed to tell me that bf will grow out of the whole video game thing! Even if I know it's not true! We finally had a huge blow up on Monday night - he spent 6 hours playing video games!!! Ugh, I was SO miserable. Nothing like guests to throw you off your routine! With my mom around I know I can still keep up my workout schedule, but with my brother, not so much! I sure hope my goal is doable - thanks for the encouragement :)

Rosario - every little change you can make will make you stronger to make more changes and get to your goal! Nicely done with the tennis - we bought rackets this year and haven't really played that much, but when we have it's been really fun, even if I suck! Who do you play with? That picture is definitely some motivation, since I was 160 pounds when it was taken, that is definitely my goal weight for now!!

So I am feeling SO much better today! I can actually MOVE my legs.. lol. Today I am due to exercise again, so I think I will take things a little easier today! No jogging! Its sunny here, which would make it easier to face the idea of actually leaving the house... do you ever just feel like locking yourself in your house and vegging out? Thats how I'm feeling! So bad! I am off to make something to eat, talk to you ladies later!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-04-2008, 07:41 AM
I did end up going out yesterday, I exercised and I went out for dinner with a friend who is going to Europe for 6 weeks. It was good to get out, lol.. can't indulge all those vegging out feelings! On the diet front, yesterday wasn't the best, I didn't have enough water, and I ate within 2 hours before bedtime. That last one killed me because I slept SO badly! I was up every 2 hours, and tossed & turned all night. A good reminder of WHY I choose to follow that rule! I am off to drive Josh to work!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Aimee- Today is a new day. You can make it better. I wander if anyone knows when boys grow old of their video games. Dh does the PS3, Wii, and internet games (usually on myspace). I'm glad your feeling better. Yes, I've felt like vegging out and just staying at home. I've done it a few days in a row this past summer. When I was wanting an outlet from all the stress of this year so far. It doesn't do any good or did it help. Way to go on the exercise.

Ro- Weigh in is in 2 hours. My home scales says its not going to be good. I don't see how it could be that bad unless the stars days are closer than I expect. Can you schedule the Jorge Cruise once a week or something? You owe it to yourself to take care of yourself. Your worth every min. you invest in and the benefits will have you feeling more energized. Great job on the tennis! We've played around with tennis and had fun, but we're certainly not good at it.

Well, so far I've only used 3 or my 26 points on coffee. I don't plan on having anything else until after my weigh in. I don't care for the new one I started going to either but I need to go for the accountablitiy. I wished ww had no got rid of her. So what if they had to start paying her more. She had been an employee for awhile and they just got rid of their best assest. I like the ww program because it makes sense but the other leaders can't come close to her. It's like she brought the program alive. I'm going to make it thur this program and make goal but I don't know how long it will take.

hsmomx2
09-04-2008, 10:26 AM
How's everyone's day going so far? What are ya'll plans for the day?

My goals for today is to get my water in, not eat after 9, eat within my points, go to weigh in and do my 5 mins of weights. Yesterday, I got my water, didn't eat after 9, did an hr & 13 mins on Wii Fit, and only went over on my points by 1/2 point (I had 5 activity points so it was covered), and went to bed before 12:30. I'm bad at not getting enough sleep. It's one of the reasons I eat when I'm not hungry because I need the sugar rush to keep going.

hsmomx2
09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
Weigh in at ww (+3) was better what my scales (+7) said. The ww leader started coming up with reason for the gain after she saw the disappointment in my face. She knows 3 weeks ago I was talking about stopping my membership. Well, I'm off before I start to be a downer. I've got to finish getting dinner done. I hope everyone had a great day and met all their goals for today.

SwimGirl
09-05-2008, 12:30 AM
hsmom - you definitely have had a stressful year! Definitely tops anything I've got! Sorry to hear about the weigh in, what do you think happened? And what can you do to change that so your next WI is better? I'm sorry to hear about your WW leader, it can make such a difference when you have someone there to motivate you.. they just rub off on you! How are you doing with your eating plan? Are you doing flex points or core? What kind of weights are you doing? I just learned a new thing, the plank, apparently works almost every muscle group in your body! Its SO hard, but so worth it!

I exercised today, but didn't drink enough water! I also didn't eat 2 hours before bedtime, so I mostly did it! Every little thing makes a difference. Hopefully I'll see some kind of POSITIVE change on the scale this weekend, even if it's one pound.. I want it pretty darn badly! I am pretty exhausted these days, I work hard, workout, and have been trying to make healthy foods at home. Also doesn't help that I had to get up at 4:30am to drop Josh off at work, yuck! I couldn't get back to sleep, so its been a long day.

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-06-2008, 03:51 AM
Well today was... crazy!! I got up and had a migraine, which Josh helped to make it go away. And then I worked 1-10pm, we had out ladies event today, 3pm-9pm - it was non stop! Everytime someone had a question - they came to me, everytime someone wanted a drink of water - they came to me. You get the point, I was INSANELY busy! But it was good, I completely forgot about the headache, heh. I was also too busy to eat, I just had a late lunch, and then also a late dinner. We also had a representative from Webber Naturals come in, and she gave me their newest, latest diet pills. I'll give them a try since they were free, and since they are natural. We'll see how they work out!

For my plan? I definitely ate within the plan, also had enough water, but no formal exercise - I am sweaty like I did though! Thats it from me! Have a good night!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Just me again! Josh and I went for a looong walk today! 56 minutes! Phew! It was pretty exhausting, its that distance, not really used to it!

We are heading to a pub for a goodbye party and then are heading to Seattle until Monday night! So if I'm not posting (or journaling?) thats why!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Aimee- I've been busy thinking about your questions. I'm on flex b/c I can't do a diet that restricts the foods I "can" have. I've been doing a few free hand weights and bench pressing. I thought it was funny you mention the plank. I tried that this passed week on the wii. I think I just need to "wipe the slate" clean and get going with the ww plan with the same gusto I had from the beginning. When I first started ww I was just following the 8 Healthy Guidelines and lost weight without even exercising. Great job on your walk! I hope your headache is gone.

I've also been on the net getting ideas to motivate me and get me back on track instead. I just don't feel I've gotten completely back on track. I believe it's because I fail off track and haven't forgiven myself for it yet. (Hindering me from moving forward like I would want. I can't stand to fail.)

Rosario
09-08-2008, 08:52 AM
arggh!! sorry I haven't been posting. I keep forgetting to do it. I've been wrapped in reading the twilight saga so it keeps slipping my mind. Weighed in this morning. Came in at 249.2. I know it's cause I've been eating a lot. ANd I didn't get any exercise this week. But plan on continuing the tennis after work. Haven't started the 8 min in the morning yet. I'm wondering if it'll be as effective if I do 8 minutes in the afternoon. IDK. goals today are just getting in my glasses of water and exercise. Hopefully the food will fall into place.

Rosario
09-08-2008, 08:59 AM
hsmomx2 - motivation is my downfall too. I need something that can lost longer than a couple of hours. What usually motivates you?? You're weigh-in didn't look too bad. Just need to keep going, you know?

aimee - waking up that early must be a PITA! I hate waking up at 630. It's still dark outside. Just doesn't seem natural to be up that early. You seem like you're doing great!!! Keep it up!! Hope it pays off at your weigh in. Have lots of fun in Seattle.

hsmomx2
09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Ro- I sat down and started surfing the net for ideas. The reason I've been failing even with baby steps has been the lack of effort. I decided last night I wanted to start the ww plan like I did last Oct 11th. I tried alot harder even though I was just learning it. So how much better can I do this time! I know it works and half heart attempts isn't going to get me where I want to be. (Nor is fear of failure)

So I've decided by the end of this year, I want to be down 21 pounds (10%). That would have me at 189 for the beginning of the New Year. That would mean more to celebrating than the New Year it's self. I'm allowed 27 pts. So far today I've had 11pts. I got a good nights sleep last night. Yesterday I didn't eat after 9 and got in plenty of water. I may take a nap today since I'm tired and I don't want to eat for the sugar rush. I think the reason I'm tired is because I missed my two cups of coffee this am.

hsmomx2
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Ro- You must be better at tennis than my family. We have to try and so when we are the only ones on the courts. If not we interupt the others that are playing right beside us. lol Tennis is a good work out. I hope you have fun. We need to get back to giving it another try.

hsmomx2
09-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Courtnie- How are you doing today? You've be awful quiet lately.

Shari- I hope your doing good and got the other job you were wanting.

sotypical
09-08-2008, 03:16 PM
WOW It's been a while since I posted.... I come here everyday, guess I forget to check in! lol

Aimee - hope you had a great time in Seattle!

Friday night I went to the Backstreet Boys! LOL it was fun! Weekend was okay eating wise, but not perfect. I am about to give up. I dunno. Measurements are getting bigger if anything, scale just keeps going up. I dunno what to think anymore. Overall this year has been the worst year ever for me. I know lots of people that said 2007 was the worst year ever and they couldn't wait for 2008... well just when I think things can't get much worse, they do or something else happens. Every-time my phone rings I dread answering it especially if it is certain family members. I am ready to move across the country in hopes I can ignore it. I am so immune to most of it now that I don't even know what to say anymore when I do get the phone calls :/ blah, okay enough. Maybe this is why I feel like crap, maybe it has nothing to do with my birth control.

hsmomx2
09-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Courtnie- Sorry to here about all the family annoying you. Don't give up though. You can do this even if it's just one pound at a time. Take some time to yourself and think about where you want to be at by the end of this year. What's standing in your way? I'm saying this because I've also been struggle with weightloss. We're here for you. I hope the family issues get resolved so that you aren't so stressed.

sotypical
09-08-2008, 04:14 PM
hsmomx2 - thanks. I can't set goals anymore. I would like like 150. But I doubt it. I haven't really lost any weight in two years (only really gained), so I am trying not to set any more goals for disappointment. I would like to just be less. I am just trying to eat good and not worry about losing anything, though it is hard to not think about it :/ I do have a doctor's appointment for tomorrow to talk about my birth control and my struggles with losing weight and gaining it so easily. I doubt he will have any answers, but just to talk to a doctor might help me to feel better. I know one of my problems is weekends, I have a hard time staying on track... but I don't think that should make me gain weight when the rest of the week are perfect.

Unfortunately the family problems will not go away and I am just going to have to deal with them... or continue to try and ignore them. At least when I got the call this weekend I ate some pizza but would have otherwise. Earlier this year when the problems were really bad, like every other week I was a mess and my eating would just completely go down the drain for like a week. But now I guess I am just immune to them, LOL.

It's not that big of a deal, but I just wonder what it really does to me inside? like I hold it all in and don't really talk to anyone about it and wonder if it causing problems and I don't even know about it. I don't think it is effecting my weight too much anymore, but still - I am sure it causes some stress.

I am really not as depressed as this post sounds, in fact I feel pretty good. Just frustrated with what is going on... wish I could post about it, would probably feel better - but I don't feel comfortable posting all my family problems on the internet for strangers to read.

SwimGirl
09-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow, so many posts! I'm impressed! I don't really have time to do a full post. Just wanted to let you all know I am HOME from my last trip to Seattle - kind of sad to leave.. but soooo tired!! My brother's movers came at 8am, so I was up at 7:30 to shower and get my stuff out of the apt before they packed it! I will be back later.. or tomorrow.. and will reply!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
09-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Kinda in a rush, love you guys!, little rant:

I didn't get that valet job and I'm madder than a bull seeing red! :mad: They say I'm not qualified. How can I not be qualified for a job where the only qualifications are a valid driver's license?! Something stinks. I think the probably all male panel has a problem with a little lady parking cars. Also my friend says they might not have liked the fact that I don't have a Texas driver's license. I've been working for the VA for two damn years and you're telling me that I can't get the job because I have a valid DL from another state?! Are these people on crack?! *breathe* We'll see. I'll take this to the director of the hospital if I have to. I HAVE to get out of food service before I go crazy!

Rosario
09-10-2008, 11:47 AM
shari - that sucks about the job. But I do know jobs require you to have a valid license in the state you are currently residing in. I think the law says you have 30 days to change it. I remember when I had just moved to GA from CA, all the jobs I applied for stated that I needed a valid GA license. So I got that changed ASAP. That could have been the reason why they told you no.

aimee - sorry if you've said it already, but why is this your last trip to seattle??

courtnie - that sucks about your family. family does equal stress so that could be why you haven't been losing. But you most definitely cannot give up. You just have to keep with it. Dont set goals, just concentrate on eating right and moving more until it becomes second nature to you. And I bet when you least expect it, the scale and the inches will start flying off. Why not keeping a journal when you're feeling stressed? Since you say you hold stuff in too much. I know when I'm feeling like that I write it all down and it makes me feel a bit better.

Rosario
09-10-2008, 11:49 AM
hsmomx2 - how's it going with your points? lol I've gotten way better at tennis. I play with my bf and he taught me a lot. I'm going to be the next Jancovic!!! lol But yea it's fun and it keeps me moving. But I haven't gotten to play these last days because the weather has been gross. I'm sure you've seen it. Darn rain!! I hate rainy days. Especially when I'm itching to go out on the courts.

Rosario
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
so I've been really bad with eating and the whole working out thing. Haven't made much of an effort. But I'm still going to keep on fighting the good fight. It ain't over til it's over, ya know? Since we moved I can't find my stinking SI6 dvds. But that's still no excuse for not getting physical. I have just been really lazy. I was planning on going to LA for Halloween since my aunt is throwing a halloween party and since I love Halloween, I wanted to go over and be with my family. WE'll see if it happens though. I don't have money but get this, my little sister said she'll buy my ticket. How sad is that? My 16 yr old sis who works at mcdonalds buying me a plane ticket? LOL whatever...it's not set it stone yet, but I do hope it happens.

hsmomx2
09-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Shari- What a bummer about the job. Hopefully something else will come along better.

Courtnie- I ditto Ro's suggestion of a journal to get it all out. I've done it a few times when I just felt nothing would ever go right. Hang in there! Vent when you need to, we're here for you.

Ro- I've only used about 10 out of my 27 points today. The a/c wasn't working well so I didn't really care for coffee to much. I've surely been chugging enough water. Tomorrow is weigh in for me. I hope its good this time around. We'll see. That would be great to go visit and spend time with your family. I bet you miss them alot.

Well, dh is home and going to work on fixing the a/c. Yay! Gotta to run for now. I hope to have time to check back in tonight after church.

hsmomx2
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Well, it's a good thing I had alot of points left for today. Dh chose to eat at Moe's tonight. I'm sure that's the most points I've ate in a meal this week and the night before weigh in. At least I did eat the nachos covered in cheese even though I wanted it.

JasonsLea
09-10-2008, 09:29 PM
:wave: girls!

I found out today that it wasn't the driver's license. So maybe the three guys didn't like my face. Whatever. That department has a huge turnover rate and Joseph (HR guy) told me that several people haven't accepted the position yet AND they are putting more positions on the board. He's been really nice to me, he's going to help me with my application for the next position. Hopefully another position will be open really, really soon. I need to be in a full time position by December so I can start school. I'm getting a temp roommate later on this week so I can save up money faster to get my computer! Hopefully by the end of this month! Miss you guys! :hug:

SwimGirl
09-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Shari - sorry to hear about the job, hopefully something better comes along! Yes, get a roommate, and get a computer!

Rosario - my brother is moving tomorrow to San Francisco, so no more weekend trips to Seattle.. mostly because I don't wanna pay 200 bucks for a hotel! I am going to San Fran in October, I need to do that this week actually! Your sister's income is probably 100% disposable, so if she wants to pay for your ticket, I totally say go for it! We are going to a theme party, they are kind of fun... I totally need ideas since it's an 80's theme, got any?

hsmom - GL on your WI! a/c? What a concept, it's quite cold here... I'm aching for some hot weather so I can go to the beach one last time before the winter rains start!

Courtnie - sorry to hear about the family stuff, if you need to talk, find me on msn! Writing definitely is a good idea, helps to get it out without having to tell everyone whats going on.

So I'm SUPER discouraged about my weight gain.. err.. loss? I'm gaining like NOTHING else, so so frustrating :( I'm really starting to see that I've got to cut out the bread/rice, and cut the sugar out. So I've been looking into south beach again, it really has worked for me.. but I've often thought that I should be able to lose the weight with eating regular foods, just less of them. Yup, not true for me. So I'm frustrated, and also depressed that I have to be so strict with my diet.. the other option is to keep getting fatter, and that makes me want to cry. Thats whats going on for me the last 2 days.. tonight I made this thing called taco bake, that should get me through the next couple of days!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Shari- The next job offer maybe better for you anyway. It's great that dude is going to help you out.

Aimee - I chose to stick to ww's because I know it works if I follow it. So why try something different if you know it works. Ykwim. I'm sorry to here your so down. Gee, I wouldn't be happy with cold weather coming on so early. No wonder why I live in the south. Find a diet that works for you and just stay with it. Your efforts will pay off in the long run. You can do this.

Drum roll please: I lost 3.8# this last week! I guess I show the 3# gain last week how I felt. Well, dh is home so I need to run for now. I hope everyone has had a great day so far.

hsmomx2
09-11-2008, 07:35 PM
Well, I thought I would be able to post more, but we're off to the park. The kids are going to ride their scooters around the track while I walk. Hopefully, I'll be able to jog some of it even thought I'm already tired and it's only 7:38. I'll check back in later.

Ro & Shari- Are you already working out for the tbl challenge?

Courtnie- I hope your less stressed today.

Aimee- Did you decide about the sbd? You can get thur this little rut. I know how frustrating it can be.

SwimGirl
09-12-2008, 02:03 AM
hsmom - congrats on the WI!! Thats awesome, you must be happy :) I started eating like I'm on South Beach, I think I need to come to some realization that I can't be like everyone else.. and that in order to lose this weight I will have to cut out bread/rice/pasta/sugar.. it'll be hard. But it will be worth it. I am a total sugar addict, but I can be something different. I just need to accept what is, and realize I can't change how my body reacts to sugar and wheat products. So thats what I am up against, hard one! The weather here is hard, fortunately it's been sunny the last couple of weeks, I am hoping it stays like this! Josh and I might go to the beach tomorrow... fingers crossed for some hot weather! :)

Today was good, no sugar! I ate good, it was hard, but I did it! No working out, but I will get that started tomorrow. And hopefully these pounds will melt right off - because the scale is nearly at the highest its EVER been! Yikes! As you can see in my ticker I've weighed, and had gained 4 pounds.. can't wait to see them gone! I am now off to bed.. goodnight!!

-Aimee

sotypical
09-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Ro - thanks. My biggest beef with a journal is that it takes time to write! haha I did used to keep an online blog but deleted it when I realized I would horrified if my family found it. I agree with Aimee - you sister's income is 100% disposable! I had more money when I was making less, but now I spend more money on food and bills, lol.

Shari - sorry to hear about the job.

Aimee - it's only been 2 days! Give it a chance!

hsmomx2 - congrats on the loss! yay!!!!

Tonight we are ordering pizza! blah and getting ready for our Garage Sale tomorrow! I am going to get up early and make a low fat lemon blueberry or raspberry loaf so hopefully if my mom brings donuts over I can resist with my tasty fresh loaf haha. We hope to sell a lot of stuff so I can have my garage back and get the junk out of the inside of my house. My spare bedrooms are full of stuff that one would normally store in a garage, but my garage has been STUFFED full of Grandma's stuff for the past year. SO we hope to sell that stuff - and some of my stuff - make some money and then turn the garage into a place where I can exercise without bothering the tenets in the basement. I am looking forward to setting that up. THe garage is kinda ugly but hopefully I can make it look nice over time.

So I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he was totally useless. Gave me a stupid diet and wouldn't talk to be about my birth control concerns. (there is a post in support about it) So I am not taking birth control for a little while. That way I can tell him there is a problem with it if there is. Yesterday I was supposed to start taking it again and I didnt! I am so nervous and scared but feel good about it at the same time.

Anyway TGIF everyone.

JasonsLea
09-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Ro ~ It might feel weird but take your sister up on her offer! I'm sure, as a fellow big sis, that you've spent mucho dinero on her over the years!

Aimee ~ GL with SBD. Now I just need to stop eating all this crap and I'll be fine. :(

:congrats: hsmomx2!

:goodluck: with the garage sale Courtnie!

Well I didn't fully inflate the bed last night so I have a backache. Silly girl.

SwimGirl
09-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Today is day 2! I woke up with a headache, I'm totally not shocked about that though, all this lack of sugar definitely is getting to me. Soon my body will adjust and I'll be able to function normally.. lol. It's also possible that I'm coming to accept my fate of no more sugar/wheat.

Courtnie - I always have issues with doctors, they never really answer what I want.. especially with weight loss! Hopefully all works out will the pill, or rather without the pill! Make sure you are protected, although a little courtnie running around could be cute ;)

Shari - that is silly, a sore back isn't fun! I might need to luck with SBD! I am not fully following it - or I might be... but I haven't gone over phase 1, so I could be doing a variation of it.

I am off work today, and it's super sunny out :) Josh and I are going to spend some time together - he's going out tomorrow night without me, so yah. I just found out today that it's a guys night out, no girls allowed! Damn boys! I was kind of looking forward to a night out with some drinking and dancing! I need a GIRLS night, I just need to meet some girls.. lol. One of my good friends is gone for 6 weeks, she's the one I usually go out with too. Anyways, thats my vent for the day!

-Aimee

hsmomx2
09-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Aimee- I hope your body is able to adjust quickly to the sbd. You are a very strong gal ditching sugary foods. Well, with Josh at the boys night why not go shopping or call someone you haven't chatted with in ages. I love getting caught up on my friends lives. Since usually I don't have lots of spare time to just sit and chat.

Shari- I hope your back getting to feeling better soon. I feel almost new since I went to the chiro this morning.

Courtnie- Good luck with your sale tommorrow! I worry about family finding me posting online too. I just decided that me getting healthy is more important than worring about them. They can already see how fat I am. My family and irl friends doesn't know I'm doing wwers. I hope going off the pill helps you.

Thanks for the congrats. I hope this week is just as good. I went out to eat at a buffet for lunch. I got one meal plate not full with 3 different vegetables on it. I got a smaller plate 1/2 full of fruit. After doing so good with that then I get a slice of pecan pie with cool whip on it and almost eat the whole slice. Oh, well at least I mostly controled my eating there. I did alot better than I would of a year ago. I've just got to be careful with what I eat tonight. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Rosario
09-12-2008, 09:18 PM
hsmomx2-Congrats on your WI!!! way to go on your eating. I wish I had that much self-control. Especially at a buffet. But you seem to have a good grasp on things so I'm sure you'll do good the rest of the day. Btw - have you been hearing that gas will be going up to 5 bucks tomorrow here in ATL? I'm scared about that. Money's tight as it is. I really don't want to have to be worrying about having gas to get to work :(.

aimee - do you feel good inside? I mean without all that sugar, you must feel somewhat great, right? I'd so like to try SB, but the withdrawal part is kind of scary to me. I'd probably go on a crazy binge if I was restricting certain foods. Maybe later on when I'm way better at the eating part I can try something that disciplined. Girls nights are fun!! I so need one. But I only like them with my friends back in CA. I don't have any friends here :(.

courtnie - ditto on being careful without the bc. I wish I was more careful. I'm not on any right now and i crap bricks everytime I'm supposed to start and I haven't (like right now!!) :stress: thats the last thing I need right now. Did you talk to your gyno or your regular practitioner? What a butthead if he didn't want to discuss your concerns. maybe its time to find a new doctor. good luck at your garage sale. Hopefully you make some major bucks so you can buy yourself something nice.

shari - stay positive about the job. Everything happens for a reason. You didn't get this one, so theres something bigger and better waiting out there for you. sorry about your back. Back pain from sleeping uncomfortably is a big PITA (i love this acronym!! lol) hope it feels better!!

Ok, I swear, swear that tomorrow I'm starting to get my crap together. I swear guys. If I come back here and say I haven't been doing good, please chastise the crap out of me. I'm spoiled so all I really need is someone to put me in my place. I have no plans for this weekend so I just really want to get outside and be active. Like play tennis and maybe wash the cars and do my workout dvd. Something!! Just as long as I'm not sitting down on my butt all day. Gosh, I hope I can do it!!

Hopefully I have some good news to report back to you guys tomorrow.

Have a great night everybody! :wave:

SwimGirl
09-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Rosario - I'm not at the point where I feel good yet.. mostly I just feel like crap! I have this headache that won't quit, sorta headache, I feel like my head is in a fog, and sometimes I get light headed, but so far this is only in my head, so it's doable. I've definitely experienced worse headaches, so I feel lucky at this point. I will start to feel good soon though! And it is worth it, especially if you are as addicted to sugar as I am.. I just feel... free almost. Also I have to admit every time I get on the scale its gone down - which is also good motivation. I don't really have any friends where I live either, it's SO hard to meet people.. most people I meet are really nice, but they already have their group of friends. So I definitely hear you on that - at least you have friends in CA!

So I made it through yesterday, that headache is definitely bothering me. And so far nothing will take it away, the only time I got a little relief was when I went for a walk - go figure! Hopefully today it'll subside, since I have to work a full day. I am NOT going out tonight, just gonna come home, maybe nap, watch a movie, something low key. My body needs to heal and detox itself.. and now I'm off to shower! Have a good one ladies!!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-14-2008, 12:20 AM
The headache passed! So the day went well! I also got on the scale, and it was down another pound, yay! I weigh in tomorrow, so hopefully that will hold steady! I'm also getting used to the idea that I can't have sugar or wheat for the next 50 weeks.. not fully there yet. Got any ideas on how I can accept this??

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Day 4 went well! Today is day 5.. and I will be weighing in soon. I will be back last to post how it went!

-Aimee

So I am down to 264 this week! yay! I had been stuck at 265 for a while, so its good to see something below 265! I'm down 5 pounds.

JasonsLea
09-14-2008, 02:44 PM
WTG Aimee! :carrot:

Ro, hsmomx2 WE ARE ON THE SAME TEAM! WOOOOT! Go RED TEAM!

hsmomx2
09-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Not alot of time to check in, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Aimee- I'm glad your headache when away. I know you're excited about weigh in today. I hope it goes great.

Ro- I've heard of a few places over $5 a gallon. It's crazy. Dh's work was already going slow. It this keeps up it would be cheaper for him to take the week off even thought he's out of vacation time. That's sad.

hsmomx2
09-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Shari- Yay, I guess we were posting at the same time. I was wondering what team/s we were on. Now, we've got to rock this challenge.

SwimGirl
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Shari - thanks! It was hard hard work, and the with drawl was intense! But it's worth it if I get even just 1 pound closer to goal, I just happened to get lucky and lose 5 pounds!

hsmom - I am feeling almost normal now, a slight head fog thing going on, but thats totally doable since the headache is GONE! I can agree with the gas thing, we are paying 5.67/gallon these days. It's painful to fill up, especially since I have to drive to work. We've been paying this for a while though, so we're starting to get used to it. When we first got our car it was 40 bucks, these days its more like 55. yuck!

Well I am off to grocery shop and hopefully catch some sun! Have a good day ladies!!

-Aimee

SwimGirl
09-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Alright - so I'm taking these fibre pills.. omg! Tonight my stomach is ACHING from it! But otherwise I made it through day 5 just fine! I even exercised today, I gotta get my stuff together and get back to doing weights.. this week definitely.

-Aimee

sotypical
09-15-2008, 01:58 PM
WTG Aimee!!

JasonsLea
09-15-2008, 09:18 PM
You're doing great Aimee!

SwimGirl
09-16-2008, 02:08 AM
I made it thru today with no huge slip ups!! This is pretty amazing because I had the worst day at work.. its possible it could go down in history! I had a meeting with my cosmetics manager and my store manager to discuss some issues I had with her... and then I just got slammed. Turns out the cosmetics manager went to my store manager and said I was the worst assistant she's ever had. Yup, thats right... apparently I am pretty darn horrible at my job in her eyes. Thats not all, apparently some of the girls don't think I work very hard, and to continue on with the blows to my ego? She can't trust me to finish anything I start - and that I never finish anything ever. Pretty harsh words, especially since NONE OF THEM WERE SAID TO ME BEFORE TODAY. Thats annoying - like if she has an issue why tell everyone BUT me?? I wish this were it, but it's really not.. she also told the district manager almost all of this information as well. So, I was feeling pretty crappy, and at the end of it all? She insisted that we hug... it's like, yah sure punch me, and then tell me you love me.

The good news is after all of that? I didn't overindulge in anything, I came home, talked on the phone for hours, and then made a chicken breast, broccoli and corn! Go me! I'm still feeling pretty low, and I will have a chat with the store manager tomorrow.. since it's very clear I cannot trust my cosmetics manager at all.

Enough of me... hows everyone doing??

-Aimee

sotypical
09-16-2008, 11:50 AM
Aimee - that is horrible! Is this someone you work closely with? I dunno if I could work with someone after all that! I mean you can't fix what your doing wrong so if she doesn't tell you... how can you change it? I mean if any of that is even true! Maybe she is worried you are going to take over her position and she is trying to make you sound bad? WTF on staying on plan... yesterday was HORRIBLE for me, the weekend was okay - better then yesterday at least, haha.

So weekend went pretty good - garage sale went well, we made some money but still have a few things I am trying to sell in the classifieds. Sunday we did a lot of cleaning and cleared out a lot of stuff now that we have our garage back. We also set up our new tv room in the garage! haha

Yesterday, out of nowhere - I got a second job! haha It is only two days a week min. wage, but it should be pretty good for a second part time job. The place is really slow so I can bring in my laptop, watch movies or whatever as long as what I need to do gets done and I serve the customers when they come in. Should be not bad! On plus is Wednesday I will be gone 7:30-9:30 so hopefully being busy all the time I can stay on track! Sundays same deal, I will work 10:30-5:30 so working on day should help me to stay away from the junk food... no food court in this mall either and it's close to home, very close! I start tomorrow, eeeks.

JasonsLea
09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
Aimee ~ Ahhh, what a *****! I hope the store manager doesn't believe them and your job is safe. WTG on the self control! I probably would have ate the whole house!

Courtnie ~ Congrats on the second job!

So tomorrow I'm off from both jobs! :woo: And I managed not to stuff my face at valero this morning. My manager, who always goes to get something to eat in the morning and buys us stuff, went to MickeyDs today. She asked me if I wanted a biscuit and hashbrown and I told her to bring me a parfait instead. She looked at me like I was nuts but brought it and I enjoyed! Now I did eat some roast beef at the VA but hey one step right?

SwimGirl
09-17-2008, 03:21 AM
I am soooooooo tired. I just wanted to report that work went alright today, talked to the store manager and she is believing me! And my cosmetics manager? She's saying that she never said that, and is basically backtracking on everything she said. I also stayed on plan 100%! Day 8! must sleep..

-Aimee

Rosario
09-17-2008, 10:38 AM
aimee - you're on the 8th day already?!?! way to go girlie!! what a very immature manager you have. to go complain about you to her manager before speaking to you first?? looks like someone has a problem with you on a personal level, not a professional one. but I'm glad your store manager is backing you up on this one. btw - way to go on your WI!

shari - way to go on being good!! those parfaits are yummy!! hope you enjoyed your day off. p.s. I haven't checked out the BL threads yet!! oops! better go post something and soon!

courtnie - lucky!! that's awesome about that extra job. i wish something like that would fall into my lap. that extra money will probably be very nice for you.

hsmomx2 - how are ya doing?

well sorry I haven't been posting. but something came up that I'm really stressing about. And I don't want to talk about it until I know for sure. But I've decided that no matter what the outcome I shouldn't let it get in the way of me eating right and moving more. the only good thing that I've been doing is I havent been drinking soda like I used to. I was probably drinking maybe 2-3 cans of coke a day!! wow, that's a lot. but yesterday was the first time I had a can in a while. So kudos to me for that. But now I feel sheepish because of that last post that I had made about swearing to move more. Oh well :shrug: hopefully you guys just ignore that one :) I guess the thing is to just keep trying.

SwimGirl
09-17-2008, 02:16 PM
Rosario - the key thing is to have this always in your mind, don't feel guilty for not getting 100% on a plan. Those small changes can add up to some small losses, which can add up to a big loss! I think also it's important not to set yourself up for failure, so if you want to get moving more? Start with 15 minutes a day, thats originally what I was doing, and it really worked for me. I hope the outcome is what you are hoping for! My cosmetics manager is a coward, so she can talk big to others, but not to me. I think she likes me as a person, just not as her assistant. She's messed up, some people at work call her Hitler.. she's not very well liked.

Shari - good job with staying away from the McD's bad foods, I actually quite enjoy the parfait myself! Hope you are enjoying today off from both jobs :)

Courtnie - How'd you do yesterday?

Well, start of day 9! I am feeling like I could do this for a long time, just 49 weeks to go.. lol.. so I kind of have to! I am still getting some headaches here and there, not too sure if its related to the lack of sugar, or other things going on. But I just can't handle headaches, they drive me insane!! I am off to work, and then 2 days off :) Have a good day girls!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
09-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Courtnie ~ I'm happy things went well with the store manager!

Ro ~ Good job with limiting the sodas. I haven't had any for a couple of days.

I have the sniffles and a headache. Benadryl is my friend today.

SwimGirl
09-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Another day! I can't believe all these days are flying by, my biggest fear will be when I am confronted with social situations. For now I've been in control of every meal, which makes things easier. I hope to have the strength to deal with all situations and remain focused on the goal. How do you all deal with those outside factors? I definitely need advice on this portion of things!!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
09-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Aimee ~ Learn to say no, and mean it! Be firm.

Rosario
09-19-2008, 01:48 PM
shari - hope you're feeling better today!

aimee - you're doing so good. the only way I would deal with outside situations and staying on plan while I'm going out is to plan, plan, plan, And the thing is to actually follow through with that plan. If you need to, allow yourself something you wouldn't normally eat/drink. But just remember if you planned to have only one, then one is all you'll have. It's so hard when you see everyone else grubbing on delicious high cal food or drinks, but that's only temporary. The feeling afterward is way better. That feeling of knowing you overcame one of your biggest obstacles. Plus, knowing your working towards a smaller waistline or a lower number on the scale isn't a bad thing either.

so I am so freaking relieved. okay, the thing I was stressing about was I thought I was pregnant!! OMFG!! Imagine that. My period was almost 7 days late. I am NEVER that late. So I was crapping bricks like you wouldn't believe. So i took 2 tests and they both came out negative. BUt I was left wondering where the heck my friend was. He finally showed up last night. woohoo!! You have no idea how good I feel. But I really messed up while I was stressing out by eating lots of fast food. The scale was up to 252.4 this morning!! Yikes!! Instead of going down, I'm going up. Definitely not the direction I wanna be going. So gotta come up wiht a gameplan. This weekend. Eat less, move more is my number 1 priority right now. Hopefully I'm good this weekend. WIsh me luck!

SwimGirl
09-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Shari - I have been taking a different approach, which makes it easier to say no. I am telling people I have an allergy to wheat, or sometimes a sensitivity to sugar... depends! heh.. it works though! Keeps people off my back, and it's not entirely a lie, I do have sensitivity to both.

Rosario - I had a feeling that you were worried about a pregnancy, you kinda gave it away! Glad it turned out how you wanted! Being overweight and being preggo can't be fun, I'd definitely want to be thin before I considered it. My neighbour has been preggo 3 times while over weight, and she always has to worry about gestational diabetes, can't work out, has to change her diet, and has to go to the doctor quite a few times. None of this sounds fun to me.. plus I'd want to show off the preggo belly! Thanks for the advice, the planning thing is definitely a good one, I honestly was so worried I never remembered the sane options! I just figured that I'd HAVE to go off plan, but that doesn't have to be like that. Josh and I have been invited to his friends place for lasagna & garlic bread!! Like could there BE anything worse for me??

I weighed in today, down to 261! Down 3 pounds, yay! I am happy with this, not too sure why I weighed today instead of Sunday, not too sure what prompted that. I am happy to see the scale moving, its quite thrilling. I feel like I've been putting in the work to get that result though. I really need to start to exercise though, I want to lose some inches. I have a pair of jeans I am dying to fit into! Ugh, and today I have to shopping for a pair of pants, I HATE pant shopping!! Wish me luck on that one!

-Aimee

Rosario
09-19-2008, 04:02 PM
aimee - that's awesome on your loss :carrot: WTG!! that was one thing I was dreading. Overweight people don't look pregnant while they're pregnant. They just look....overweight. I so want to have the cute belly and cute maternity clothes. Why not eat something small before you head over there? So you don't overindulge on bread and lasagna (yummy)? Just eat a small piece of lasagna and small piece of bread. And lots of water so you get full and aren't tempted to eat or drink more. Good luck!!

sotypical
09-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Congrats Aimee!! WOOOOOOO!!!

Aimee + Ro - I know what you mean about wanting the pretty baby belly. Defiantly part of the reason for me to lose weight.

New job is going pretty well. Tonight for dinner I am make a bunch of appies - all home made, so I can make them semi healthy at least haha. Making them all from my Eat, Shrink and Be Merry cookbook! I am making pizza dip, wings and wontons!

Hope everyone has a good Friday night!

JasonsLea
09-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Ro ~ I'm glad you're not preggers and totally agree on wanting a pretty pregnant belly!

Aimee ~ WTG! :broc:

Courtnie ~ What are appies?

SwimGirl
09-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Rosario - I am thinking that its so early on that if I slip up once, it'll be forever. I have my mind set to doing this for a year, since I have proven to myself that I really can't lose weight when having sugar and wheat. I really want this weight off, and now that I know what I need to do, I'd just feel guilty trying to do something different. I hate to offend people, but at the same time, maybe its offensive to me to make such bad foods? lol. I totally agree on the overweight people just looking overweight and not preggo, my neighbour walks around with her belly pushed out as far as she can, and rubs her belly making sure everyone knows. I don't want that.

Courtnie - come cook for meeeee!! lol. I am starving right now, we ordered food in for dinner, I am having wings and salad! Yummy! I also bought a special drink for tonight, and tonight ONLY! I am craving pop like mad today, ugh. So I bought a bubbly pop thats sugar-free, sweetened with fruit juices.

Shari - appetizers, I love 'em myself! So small, I enjoy finger foods.. its my inner 3 year old.

So I went pant shopping, and while I know the pants I tried on fit a little on the big side.. they were a size 14!!! Yay!! I did try on a ton of other pairs in my search and they were ALL a size 16, and they are fit! 14, wow.. I can't wait until all my pants are that size! I am off to wash my new pants, have a good one gals!

-Aimee

JasonsLea
09-21-2008, 05:09 PM
WOOOT Aimee!

SwimGirl
09-21-2008, 05:53 PM
I decided to stop talking the pills I was taking, it's been 2 days, and today all I can think about it food, all I want to do it EAT!! It's crazy!!!!! So next meal? I am taking those pills again, I miss the feeling of sanity that came with them. I bought some yesterday on sale, buy 1 get 1 free! So I should be safe for a while.. although I sure do hope that this is how I'll always feel when I'm thinner. Thats my thoughts for the weekend..

How's everyone doing?

-Aimee

sotypical
09-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Shari - Like Aimee said appetizers!

Aimee - CONGRATS on the PANTS!! Okay I cave, what are these pills and where I can find them buy one get one free? My weekend was okay, I did tons of cooking but still ate too much - least it was healthy! I made these steamed Wotons they were SOO good. And some 'wings' and pizza dip... mmm Friday was good, and I cooked it all. I was so proud!

So I lost my second job already. LOL I know. Saturday morning we got our hockey tickets for the year. 4 games. 3 of the games are in CLUB SEATS = very expensive. 2 of them games are SECOND row. So yah, this is really exciting for my boyfriend and I. So as soon as I got the tickets I sent the girl an email saying I would need 4 Sundays off between now and March. Told her that I could try to make it in if she needed me. There was no talking about, she said I could probably have the November one, maybe the March one but not the December or February one. So I said that she should probably find someone else for the job then. And that was that, she asked me to return my keys. I felt bad, but what can I do? The tickets probably cost more then I would make between now and then anyway. My mom said jobs like that need to bend over backwards for employees. It would be easier for me to list the places are NOT hiring then the ones that are. I could apply for a job almost anywhere right now and get hired. Anyway i am kinda sad, but a few months from now if I was working the job I would probably have regretted it anyway. haha

I went out yesterday and bought myself a epilator! I have never even heard of them before last week - but wow, it is awesome! Hurts, but does a great job. Really love it so far! I did my arms, haha love my nice smooth arms. It was expensive, but like if I got my arms waxed 5 times... it will totally pay for itself.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Rosario
09-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Today's the first day of fall!!

So i took the liberty of making a new thread :)

http://3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2373801#post2373801