Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-20-2008, 08:18 PM   #1  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default 40 Pounds and some Reflection on my Feb Top 10

In February I posted the list below on this thread about the top ten reasons to go the distance and beyond. This week I've reached 40 pounds lost and wanted to reflect on the results so far
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134335

1. I want normal cholesterol and other blood readings Yes. Normal readings. Ratio not perfect yet, but progress is good.
2. I want to enjoy clothes shopping So far mostly in the back of my closet. Not 100% here yet.
3. I want to climb stairs and do other casual exercise without thinking twice about it I'm not out of breath if I climb stairs, no racing heart. Great improvement.
4. I want to look at a photo of me and be concerned about whether I smiled instead of whether I sucked in my middle (ha ha like I could suck it in enough to be happy with the results - but I'm getting there.) Not there yet.
5. I want to walk past a reflective window or mirror and be pleasantly surprised I think I posted a NSV that I'd spotted myself in the Walgreen's mirror at the back of the store and was pleasantly surprised. It happened again yesterday but I was looking for it. I guess that means it wasn't a surprise, just pleasant.
6. I want someone to notice that I've lost weight who didn't know I was working on it and just tell me I look GREAT. Yes! This happened several times just in the past week!
7. I want to be healthy. Getting there. Definitely healthier.
8. I want to be maintaining at a maintenance weight so all the clothes in my closet fit. Not yet. Need to pull some too big clothes out and get rid of them. Still have some too small clothes to move into. And to get where I really want to be (perhaps 20 pounds below my current posted target weight) I'll have some sizes where I'll have to buy everything.
9. I want to look good. Looking better.
10. I want to feel good. Definitely feeling good!

Thanks to everyone here. 3FC rocks.

Last edited by WebRover; 06-20-2008 at 08:20 PM.
WebRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 03:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: atkins 06/ 08

Height: 5'5

you have done wonderful And a great way to keep yourself in checkwith those goals
tybeeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:29 AM   #3  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Excellent job!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote