South Beach Diet - It's the FRIDAY TGIF Chat!

View Full Version : It's the FRIDAY TGIF Chat!

cottagebythesea
06-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Good morning! I'll have to post this quickly before Ruth beats me to it again! :D

It's going to be a long, busy day for me. I have to be at Cindy's by 8:30, and this evening is Maggie's dance recital, which starts at 7. Audrey's is tomorrow afternoon, but I watched her dress rehearsal the other night, so I'm going to skip her recital. If we have time, we may come back here for a quick dip in the pool. I do want to make sure Maggie gets a little quiet time this afternoon since she'll be up late.

More coffee is needed right now, I'll be back in a bit!

Natalie'sMom
06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
It has already been a long morning -- is it a full moon? Neither girl is sleeping well! So we are up with the birds and i hear natalie coming!

i am glad it is friday! ooops--i gotta run!

CyndiM
06-20-2008, 06:47 AM
:coffee2: Good morning Chicks

Cottage - Sounds like another busy day. Hope you have some relaxation time scheduled for the weekend :)

Natalie'sMom - Thank goodness the weekend is almost here! Hope the day goes quickly.

Nothing much to report here. I'm actually working today. It's been such a weird week with the power outage and then the hiking yesterday that I have work to catch up on. Next week I'm only working 3 days and have a meeting one of those so I need a little office time. The Board approved a vacation increase (a consolation prize because there are no raises this year) so I have an extra 4 days vacation this year. I'm aiming for 4 day weeks this summer as much as possible and then 4 days in the office and 1 at home in the fall to cut down on driving.

The hike was fabulous! I so miss hiking. I need to find someone nearby to hike with. It's one of those things I just won't do alone unfortunately. This was a pretty good incline and definitely a good workout with a picnic on top. Perfect weather and nice views.

Busy weekend planned. The pick your own strawberries just opened so I'm off to pick tomorrow and then setting up the dryer. Sunday we are heading to the coast to bird and then head out on a boat Monday. Should be fun. We've done this particular boat thing before and the group is great.

Of course there's always gardening to do too. I still need to replant greens to replace the ones we ate!

Have a good Friday

Ruthxxx
06-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Good morning! I slept in until 6 today, probably because it's my ME day. There's even a bit of sunlight streaming in - and pointing out a spot on the buffet that Donna missed. Guess I can't complain - I'm lucky to have her. (I think I remember how to dust. :) )

Yes, it is a full moon day, Natalie's Mum. :lol: Definitely TGIF for you. I hope you can catch up on sleep this weekend.

Cottage, you did beat me to it as I was "otherwise engaged". My aunt used to use that euphemism when her DH was in the bathroom but I was actually doing MOD work on another site! I hope you can manage a nap for Maggie this afternoon - kids get so over-excited.

CyndiM, remember not to dry all those berries. Eat lots fresh! I plan to dry and freeze some in a week or two when we are in full production. I can't pick because of my knee (awkward) but always get a good deal on the pre-picked. It helps to be gardening friends with the farm owner. Your weekend sounds fun - summer's short so let's enjoy it.

In about an hour, my sister and I are outta here for a country tour which just happens to include three or four quilting shops! The great thing about quilting is that I can indulge my addiction to buying fabrics. Today is my ME day which I plan to stretch into tomorrow. I've been over-extended lately and just need this.

Nearly seven and I've yet to have breakfast. See you all later!

cottagebythesea
06-20-2008, 07:06 AM
Natalie's Mom, I hope your day is an easy one. It's rough when you haven't had a good night's sleep. I just realized that today is the longest day of the year. The bright side is that we'll have plenty of sunshine! I hope you have a restful weekend.

Cyndi, I sure wished I lived closer to you, I'd love to be your hiking partner! I go hiking with my DD and her family as often as I can. We really enjoy letter-boxing, too. Have you ever done that?

Ruth, it sounds like you have a wonderful day planned! Make the most of your ME weekend, and enjoy it to the hilt!

CyndiM
06-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Today is my ME day which I plan to stretch into tomorrow. I've been over-extended lately and just need this.

Woo hoo! Enjoy your days :dance:

I ate a whole quart of strawberries the other night (over 8 hours in my defense!) so no worries there! I tend to over indulge on the latest fresh produce. I miss it so much over the winter that I just can't get enough early in the season.

I made my first leather the other night. Very yummy :)

ladybugnessa
06-20-2008, 07:15 AM
hi gang

i'm at work today but i got here before 7 so i can leave at 4 and actually have time in...

djett626
06-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi all,

I have been struggling to stay on program and busy so I haven't been around. I have a small victory in the skirt that I have on today. Maybe it will give me some motivation. The weekends are my downfall. I need to wrap my mind around staying on program at that time. I am happy with myself that if I do slip up that I get right back on the horse. And, any improvement on how I was eating is better!

I think my emotions and possibly some hormones have not been helping me in the craving area. Last night, I had to go to a parenting class for the divorce. (It is required to divorce if there are children involved.) On the way there I felt the pull of the "Hot Now" light. I got on the phone and chatted as I passed it up. Afterall, I didn't want the person on the phone to hear me in the drivethru. ;)

Oh, and I have a question from earlier in the week. I did not pack enough snacks one morning b/c I was running behind. When it got to be the afternoon I was really feeling it. I knew that I needed to eat something. I ended up raiding my daughter's diaper bag and eating some cheerios. Do you think that it would have been better to avoid the forbidden food altogether or eat the cereal and keep your blood sugar up. (My diabetic mom's answer was of course eat the cereal) I usually feel like I am packing to eat for a week to go to work, but I like having choices during my day. LOL I'm set today though. ;)

Well, I'm off to browse the recipes so I can go grocery shopping. Oh, and I need to go reread the SBD on a budget thread that I was reading earlier this week. There seemed to be some tips and I really need them!

Everyone have a good day!

ladybugnessa
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
when i was in phase 1 and early phase 2 I overpacked for my day. A LOT. choices are good.

I've learned from reading the BECK DIET SOLUTION (a book that works in conjunction with whatever plan you follow) that HUNGER is not an emergency (unless it's a medical condition like diabetes or hypoglycemia) and at one time I would eat what was available if I was hungry. Now I wait till I'm home to eat beachy food.

or you can always carry nuts with you....

Loriann7
06-20-2008, 08:38 AM
maybe some day I'll start seeing results. Nontheless, here i go again, starting over, again!

TwynnB
06-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Second the nuts option...I keep a container in the car (and a bag of soy nuts too!)

This weekend, we're attempting camping (with a 3 and 5 year old!). Wish us luck! We just got our new tent...it's HUGE!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

GONNABE165
06-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Mornin chickies its finally Friday.

Cottage enjoy your busy day

Ruth I hope you and your sister have the best time

djett I think you'll do just fine just regain your focus

as for me tonight is family dinner at Cheesecake factory and then the weekend is housework & church on Sunday.

See ya later!

ladybugnessa
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
Second the nuts option...I keep a container in the car (and a bag of soy nuts too!)

This weekend, we're attempting camping (with a 3 and 5 year old!). Wish us luck! We just got our new tent...it's HUGE!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

oh good luck camping with the kids! have fun!

JessieW
06-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Hunger is an emergency when you're pregnant. :) I had a meltdown the other day because when I went to pop my popcorn the bag was slightly open and it wouldn't pop. PANIC!! Sorry, I don't mean to downplay the situation. I have the same problem normally with how much to pack. I feel like you should get to eat when you're hungry and that's the point of SBD. If a few Cheerios keeps you from stopping at McDonald's on the way home then eat them!!

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v287/186/69/15804200/n15804200_31627716_3712.jpg
Here I am this morning at almost 22 weeks! Sorry, it's hard to take a picture of yourself.

ladybugnessa
06-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Jessie, there are three sexs... men women and PREGNANT... it's a totally different state of being...

you look beautiful.

Pacergal29
06-20-2008, 09:15 AM
TGIF indeed. We are looking at some scattered showers today which is ok, my garden needs a drink.

New carpet being laid at work today, should make for an interesting day trying to wrap the month up and work around construction.

Dealing with some personal issues and my eating isn't right on track like I would like it to be. It's not stress eating so much as it is a time issue. This weekend looks a little calmer so my goal is to do some better planning and pre-cooking to get out of this rut and get my arse back in gear. The scales are ok don't get me wrong (although I am not sure how), I just don't want to get started down a path that is going to be hard to recover from. Pretty much just putting it out there to make myself accountable.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

GONNABE165
06-20-2008, 09:23 AM
Loriann i feel that as long as you keep trying you haven't failed - good luck!

Twynn i hope yall have a great camping trip

Jessie you look great

Stephanie :hug: for your personal matters and:dust: to make it thru

JessieW
06-20-2008, 09:38 AM
Ran across this on a blog this morning and thought of you, Cyndi. If you made the syrup with Splenda or something this could be yummy. (And, you know, something instead of Grand Marnier. Orange extract? Or not.)

Strawberry-Rhubarb Sorbet:
All I can recall, is I use 2 cups of hulled, sliced strawberries, 2 cups of cooked rhubarb, some simple syrup (50% water: 50% sugar) and a splash of Grand Marnier. Blitz everything in the blender, taste, add more syrup till it tastes slightly sweeter than how I like it; then pour the bright pink mixture into the ice cream maker for it to do its job. Easy Peasy.

hmacneil6
06-20-2008, 09:38 AM
I slept in today, so this will be a quick one....
GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!!

Graduation and promotion were great yesterday. I love the looks on the students faces after the ceremony when they are talking with family. They all look so proud. For some of these kids, who have so many issues, this is a HUGE deal. I'm so proud of them. I'm finally seeing movement on the scale. It's been a while and it feels good. I was at the same 2 1/2 pounds for almost 6 weeks. I'm glad to know that perseverance is finally paying off.
Have a great Friday ladies!!!!
ENJOY!!!!

Kim_Star060404
06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Morning everyone! I'm definitely feeling the TGIF feeling today.

Cottage: Those girls sure are keeping you busy this week. I hope you have some rest and relaxation planned for the weekend!

Natalie'sMom: Maybe the girls will be so tired that they'll take an extra-long nap this afternoon and you'll get some rest. :crossed:

Cyndi: I'd love to go hiking with you, although the drive would be a bit of a deterrent. :rofl: Your plans for the weekend sound lovely.

Ruth: I'm glad to read that you're having a ME day! If I were you, I'd stretch it into the weekend! Enjoy!

:wave:, Nessa! Enjoy your Friday!

djett: I'm the same way as you were yesterday. If I don't pack enough, I tend to eat the healthiest thing I can find - which, in this office, isn't usually healthy at all. I keep a container of peanuts at my desk now and eat just enough to tide me over. Hope you have a nice day! Congrats on your skirt victory!

Loriann: Congrats on getting back on track and starting over again! You can do this and we'll be here through it all!

TwynnB: Good luck camping! Have fun!

Gonna: Mmmmm - Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory would be way too much temptation for me. Enjoy your day!

Jessie: You're such a pretty pregnant lady! I'm still so happy for you and it definitely gives me hope!

Stephanie: WTG getting it all out! I'm sure you'll get out of your rut and get back to the healthy lifestyle I know you love and are committed to! Hope you have a good day - sounds like it will be crazy as well!

Edited to add: Hi, hmacneil! We always seem to simul-post! I'm glad the graduation and etc. went well. I'm sure it is rewarding to see the students with their families after all is said and done. Have a great Friday!

Me: Well, I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday. I was tired and nervous . My best friend in San Antonio had her kidney transplant yesterday. Her mother ended up being a match as a donor, so things happened pretty quickly once they found that out. Things went smoothly and I was able to talk to her this morning. I have to admit that I was a little afraid of what would happen, but God allowed everything to work out. They both will have a long recovery to go through, but I know we're all relieved that this part is over.

Jason and I are cleaning house tonight as there will be errands to run tomorrow. I've got a houseplant that is beyond pot-bound, so I need to find something for it. Jason has also decided that we need a badminton set in the back yard, so we'll be out looking for that as well.

Eating has been out of whack for the past two days, I'd like to blame it on stress and worrying about my BF, but it's really my fault for not seeing the danger ahead of time. Oh well, I'm back on track this morning and will definitely extend P1 through next week. I know I won't have wiped out my cravings by then.

Well, sorry for the novel, but I had a lot to say. :D Hope everyone to come has a great Friday!

~Kim

little chick
06-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Good Morning chicks. Today is the last day of school and it is a pretty quiet one. Just trying to relax and enjoy the last few minutes of my quiet time. I really need to take the week end and reread my books, make some menu plans and get this butt back on track. Mind you I am holding my own since my quit day. 12 days in now. :carrot: But I can feel myself feeling a sugar high.
Here are a few pics from DD's boyfriends prom, she chose a short dress cause it was his prom and not hers, but I think that she looks beautiful.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m138/littlechick1967/Shelby%20and%20Josh%20at%20the%20Prom/n559155502_3329606_3826.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m138/littlechick1967/Shelby%20and%20Josh%20at%20the%20Prom/n559155502_3329633_2166-1.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m138/littlechick1967/Shelby%20and%20Josh%20at%20the%20Prom/n559155502_3329613_5850.jpg

Must go hope you all enjoy your day.

Schmoodle
06-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Good morning chicks,
As usual running to try and catch up to everything. I've been trying to take some required training for work for a while now, and I keep getting bumped for government people, but a vacancy came up last minute and I had to jump on it. So now I'll be commuting 60 miles each way all next week and in class all day. We had planned to take the kids to the beach next weekend, but we wanted to leave early on Friday to miss the trafffic, so now we'll probably wait until Saturday morning and I'll have to decide if it's worth the drive, since we'll need to come back Sunday night. DD is in dance camp all that following week, and DH leaves for Japan that Thursday. DD1 sold her car yesterday and plans to buy a new one, but DH or I have to co-sign her financing and DH has to help her find the car, so hopefully they can get that wrapped up next week. I don't want to have to deal with it after he's gone. So looks like I'll spend the weekend trying to get myself organized for the next couple of weeks. I can see how this summer is going to go. If I blink twice, it'll be August and I'll be getting the kids ready to go back to school and wondering where the summer went!

cottage, tell Maggie to break-a-leg, and here's a nice bouquet from the chicks!:congrat:
lc, she does look beautiful and I love the dress. She's lucky she can wear that color. Thanks for sharing the pix!
Kim, glad your BF's family came through the surgeries well. I wish them a speedy recovery.
hmac, have a great day.
Gonna, enjoy the Cheesecake Factory... within reason!
Jessie, you are an adorable pregnant lady!
Have a fun camping trip Twynn.
Welcome back LoriAnn!
djet, situations like that should be avoided of course, but when your only choices are eating something slightly off plan or going hungry, I would eat the cheerios!
Nessa, :wave:
Cyndi, boo-hoo, our pick your owns are done, but there are still a few pre-picked berries around and I plan to load up this weekend. Strawberry season is just too short.
Hugs and :dust:to help you get back on track Stephanie.
Nat's Mom, hope you can get a nap today.
Ruth, enjoy your fabric fun with your sister. Does she live nearby?

CyndiM
06-20-2008, 11:14 AM
maybe some day I'll start seeing results. Nontheless, here i go again, starting over, again!

Welcome Back! :wave:

PamByr
06-20-2008, 12:30 PM
My computer got a direct hit by lightning 10 days ago. I had to wait until I got paid two days later so I could go out and buy a new computer. 5 1/2 years of "stuff" was lost. I tried to remind myself that it all can be replaced but starting over on a brand new computer can be daunting. I think I have had a perpetual headache since then.

I do love my new 19" flat screen monitor though. I highly recommend this to anyone else who is shopping for a computer. I nixed the idea of a laptop because I am on the computer 40+ hours a week and I think the keyboards are just too tiny. I am afraid that I would get worse than carpal tunnel. I think my whole upper body would freeze up on me!

PS My old username and password weren't recognized by 3FC so now you are going to have to get used my new name. I still am Pamatga but now I am PamByr. Hope that doesn't mess anyone up.:(

Schmoodle
06-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Hi pamatga, are you at your mom's now? Hope you weren't holding on to that computer when it was hit! I have been through the trauma of losing everything on my hard drive, both work and personal, so I learned to back it up periodically. I have an external hard drive and just copy my hard drive onto it about once a week. They're not expensive and it sure is nice to have that peace of mind!

PamByr
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks for inquiring. I am :p with your continuing weight lose. I was reading your advice there to the newbie and I was thinking that I need to "regroup my troops" and get back the way i was at first. It has been quite a roller coaster ride the past couple of months since we moved.

I will be flying to MN June 28th and I had my parents old bedroom rewired for me so I can set my home office up while I am there. Tentatively, I plan on being there for three months but it might be longer.

I hope 3FC will recognize me there when I use yet another pc! Yikes! I am running out of ideas for user names.:?:

Congrats on the steady weight lose. I hope to see some more changes this summer when I get more active.

I agree I know that I should have backed up my data. I was told I could have a tech try to "jump start" my hard drive.Moving my office is costing me and I didn't expect to have to buy a new computer either so I will save it for later this fall.

Thanks for asking. :hug: