Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2002, 09:23 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 3/18 - 3/24

Starting the topic. Be right back
Old 03-18-2002, 09:26 AM   #2  

I'm swamped this morning so this will be quick. I was up 0.4 on Saturday but I had a salad with feta cheese the night before so I think some of it was water. I did well over the weekend at the restaurant. Didn't do so well yesterday (very PMS'y) but I counted the points and will try to get some activity points in today.

Judy
163.6/156.8/135
Old 03-18-2002, 01:52 PM   #3  
cookies are for browsers

Thumbs down Howdy Strangers!

Hello all,

So sorry I have been MIA. My job is keeping me REALLY busy and I am overwhelmed with all the posts! I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Pat, I hope you do well with your meetings. STAY HEALTHY, GIRL!

And Cece... well, my heart goes out to you. If you would like to PM me about your cat I would be happy to share my experiences with you. I have BEEN THERE and hope kitty feels better soon.

As for me, well, the Eat Right 4 Your Type plan seems to be working ok. I actually fit into a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear for about 7 months. And they were comfortable, too. So I think it's working. It is easier to follow now, and if I am having a super tough time of it I just stay away from wheat. This seems to be working, though I ate a lot more than I usually do yesterday and I feel guilty about it even though my doc tells me I don't eat anywhere near enough food. I weigh in at the end of the month but a sneak peek says 205 which is 12 pounds down since February 1.

Hope you all stay OP and skinny!! I do check in and am sending happy thoughts your way, even if I don't get to post.

Jennifa
Old 03-18-2002, 04:58 PM   #4  

Jennifa - glad to hear your program is working for you.

Where is everyone today????
Old 03-18-2002, 05:07 PM   #5  

Judy, sorry about the gain but you're right, must be water. Hang in there. Hope things ease up at work.

Jennifa, nice to hear your new program is working. Congrats on the sneak peak, WOOHOO!

Went to my first meeting today and enjyed it. Topics covered were "change back", which is other people expresing their feelings about how you've lost enough. Anyway, that's what I got out of it and I've been getting that lately. Also covered portion size and how important it is to weigh instead of taking the portion size from the package. This was demonstrated with chips and prunes. 14 chips was supposed to be one ounce but was actually more, 1.5 oz if I recall correctly. Package of prunes stated about 5 per serving, but when weighed out, 6 were actually a serving. I'll try to cover the meeting topics every week.

Well! Let me say that going back over Week One book is a great exercise! I found I've been seriusly lacking in veggies and calcium, so that's what I'm working on this week. I guess I may as well change my weigh in day back to Monday, officially weighed in at 176.2, down .3 since my weigh in at home on Wednesday. I'm very pleased with that since I was horrible this weekend.

Karen
Old 03-18-2002, 09:08 PM   #6  
Canadian, eh?

Hi All,

Go figure! Yesterday I was outside gardening in shorts and a T-shirt, and today we have 4" of snow!

Judy - sorry about your little gain...you're right, probably just water from the feta.

Jennifa - nice to hear from you again! Happy to hear that you're doing so well on ER4YT,and your sneak peak is very exciting...listen to your doc about the amount of food you're eating...you need food to fuel the fire!

Karen - way to go on getting to your meeting! And congrats on your loss! It sounds like your home scale is pretty accurate. Please do share from your meetings...I can use the refresher!

It sounds like everyone is struggling a bit at the weekends. If anyone feels like posting on the w/e for some support I generally have a quick peak at the boards on Sat and Sun; I just don't post coz no one else is...just a thought.

My weekend was okay, didn't eat on program, but didn't go nuts either. Got a great long walk in on Saturday, and worked in the garden all afternoon yesterday. Tonight I have a date with the treadmill coz I was too lazy to get up early this morning!

See you tomorrow...

Karen B
Old 03-19-2002, 08:34 AM   #7  

Karen C - congratulations on the loss! I'm glad you enjoyed the meeting. I've never had a problem getting veggies in but calcium is always harder. My leader has said that there are quite a number of members she's encountered whose weight loss was really effected by getting in their calcium (from food not supplements). I'm always on the lookout for foods that have enough calcium to count as "one milk". I think the rule is if they contain 20 or 25% calcium, it counts.

Karen B - yes, weekends can be tough - glad to hear that you didn't "go nuts" this weekend. I had a bit of that on Sunday. Wasn't working the garden great?? I pruned the roses on Sunday (and I considered it a workout) and found it so relaxing - not physically - mentally. I think you're right about posting on the weekend - I'll try to this weekend (I could use the boost on Saturday). The only thing for me is that I'm on the computer all day long at work so I tend to avoid it on the weekend.

I had a good day yesterday - I did a great step workout which gave me enough points for breakfast and lunch and still have a couple banked. I didn't do badly in the evening - snacked more than I wanted to but I stopped a couple of hours before I went to bed so I consider than an improvement. I haven't had much luck in spreading my points more evenly throughout the day - I know the main problem is in the evening. I ordered Bob Greene's new book (Get With the Program) to check out the whole emotional eating deal - he said on the show that those who eat more at night (like me) are definitely eating emotionally. Not real news but maybe the book has some good concrete ways of getting a handle on it.

I walked to work this morning from the station so I've got my exercise in. One good piece of news is that I got the OK to start a 2 month trial period of telecommuting another day and I'll be doing it on Fridays. That's good news for my exercise routines - and hopefully an improvement in my state of mind workwise too - the hour and a half commute each way has really been wearing on me.

Better get going - have a great one!
Judy
Old 03-19-2002, 08:40 AM   #8  

Good Morning, sorry I was MIA yest. but did not go to work cause I was not feeling too good. Went to Dr. and have a sinus infection, but I asked him about the pain in my breast while I was there. Turns out I have at least 4 lumps/cysts that I have to have checked out today. So I will be having a mamogram and ultrasound today. I am a little nervous about this, but I am going to keep my chin up until I am told not too. Needless to say I did not make weigh in yest. but my home scale shows a maintain (or a loss from my last sneak peak). Wish me luck
Old 03-19-2002, 09:16 AM   #9  
Canadian, eh?

Good Morning!

Michele - hope things go well for you with the mammogram & ultrasound. I'll be thinking about you through the day.

Judy - that's great that you're able to get another telecommute day. Three hours a day of commuting is enough to wear anyone down. I'll be interested in hearing what you learn about emotional eating. I'm with you on the gardening, it's very therapeutic for me. Our backyard project is at a halt for a couple of days due to the snow.

Had a good day yesterday and sneak peak looks promising this morning. I did manage to get on the treadmill last night, but only managed 30 minutes instead of 45. Just don't have the same energy level in the evening. Oh well, it's a vast improvement on doing nothing!

Have a great day. I'll check in later.

Karen B
Old 03-19-2002, 09:52 AM   #10  
cookies are for browsers

Cool! They have Buffy posters!

Ok, I'm being silly.

Michele, good luck at your appointments. I know you must be scared, but it's best to know what's going on.

Karen B and Judy, good job on the exercise! Keep up the good work!

And Karen C., beware those "change back" folks. Once I was 5 pounds from goal I had so many that I didn't get to goal. In short, you are doing this for YOU, not them, so you go for YOUR goals!!

Gotta run, hope you all have a great day,

Jennifa
Old 03-19-2002, 12:06 PM   #11  

Hi Judy, Glad you had a better day yesteday and congrats on the additional telecommute day, which will be great! More time for exrecise, yeah! I had lactose intolerance most of my life, but seem to have outgrown it. But after so many years of avoiding milk products or suffering the consequences, I got really good at telling myself how bad they are for me. Another obstacle to overcome. Re: the Oprah show - I watched it on your suggestion and ordered the book too! We can discuss it here on the boards if you want.

Karen B, glad you had another good day! I'm with you, exercise seems to be easier for me in the mornings I've been dividing my 60 minutes into two sessions, with the morning one longer. Great idea about posting on the weekends, I'll do my part.

Michele, hang in there, I'll be saying some prayers for you - please let us know how you are doing!

Jennifa, sounds like you're in a good mood! Yes, we're getting strategies for dealing with the change back folks next week!

I had a good day, got in plenty of veggies and dairy. Mumsy is not doing well, so if I'm MIA you'll know where I went.
Old 03-19-2002, 01:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone.

Sorry I was missing yesterday. Now that we're directly connected to the server in our home office, we've gotten all kinds of ominous warnings that internet use is for business purposes only and that our use is being logged and monitored. So I try to limit my use to lunchtime only (I think a break to regain my sanity is a legitimate business purpose ) and I met a friend for lunch yesterday. At night, I just don't have much chance to get on the computer.

Judy - Sorry to hear about your small water-related gain on Saturday. I know it will be gone by next Saturday. Let me know how you like Bob Greene's book. That's great news that you get another day of telecommuting. Much as I struggle to maintain focus when I work from home, I'm thinking of requesting some telecommuting days. Those long commutes are indeed killers.

Jennifa - That's a terrific loss that you've had. I'm glad to hear the ERFYT is working for you. It's so sweet to fit comfortably into jeans that were too tight.

Karen C - I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting. Congrats on your loss. I too have problems with calcium and, some days, veggies. Like Judy, I'm always looking for food that can count as a calcium serving. I love the Slimfast Energy Bars - satisfies the sweet tooth and gets the calcium in. I'm sorry to hear that your mother isn't doing well. I'm keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

Karen B - The weather sure has been crazy this year. I'll certainly make an effort to get in on the weekends to post. Glad to hear that your sneak peek looked good.

Michele - I'm thinking of you. I hope all goes well.

The PMS monster has ahold of me in a big way. I know tomorrow's weigh-in isn't going to be pretty, but I'm not going to skip it again. I need to take responsibility for my actions. I've been struggling so much these past couple of years. I have a good week and then 2 bad. I need to stop using food as a crutch. For this week, I'm going to take the baby steps I always recommend to everyone else but never follow myself. I'm going to journal everything I eat, both the good and the ugly and I'm going to get all my water in. On the kitty front, things are looking up. The prednisone has worked its wonders.

Have a great day everyone.

Carla
Old 03-19-2002, 05:08 PM   #13  

I'm running out the door but I just wanted to tell you that I hope things go well with the mammogram and the ultrasound!
Old 03-19-2002, 08:09 PM   #14  
Canadian, eh?

Hi Again...

Carla - glad to hear Trotski has improved...on the other front, too bad Big Brother is watching ...do you notice a communist theme emerging here?? Nothing wrong with posting on your lunch break at all. You have a good attitude re taking responsibility. Gary what'shisname who's on Oprah had a really great quote about taking responsibility; I wrote it down for motivation, but don't remember where I put it. I'll try and find it and post it.

Karen C - sorry to hear your mom's not doing well. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers. After I went and opened my big mouth about posting on the weekends, we're going away Friday till Sunday, so I won't be able to practice what I preach till Easter weekend. Yay for getting in the dairy and veggies! I've never lacked in the calcium department, I'm a yogurt addict.

Jennifa - I agree about those "change back" sabboteurs - very dangerous people to be avoided!

ttfn...Karen B
Old 03-20-2002, 12:28 AM   #15  

Sorry I was MIA again yesterday. Sara showed up at the house to do some research on the internet during my computer time!

Judy - Don't worry about the small gain. It'll be gone by next week. That's interesting about the calcium. I'll have to pay more attention since I have a hard time getting it in. Good news about the telecommuting. That long commute would be hard.

Jennifa - Congratulations on the loss and getting into those jeans.

Karen C - Congratulations on the loss. The diabetes class last Thursday was mainly about watching portion sizes. The dietician recommended keeping track of carb servings and adding 6 or 7 oz. of meat a day and a small amount of fat. She brought in plastic food to show what a serving of food looks like. A lot of them I knew, but was surprised seeing how small the serving of pasta was and how small the baked potato was (and it counted as two servings). Sorry to hear your mom isn't doing well. She's in our thoughts and prayers.

Karen B - I might be able to join you on the weekends. Darrell works every Friday and Saturday night so I spend most of the time chauffeuring Laura and her friends. Good job getting on the treadmill.

Michele - Hope things went well with the tests. I'm thinking of you.

Carla - Glad kitty is improving. Sorry the PMS monster has gotten to you. Concentrate on those baby steps.

I ended up with a maintain this week. I need to get back to the exercise, but work and weather aren't cooperating. I have done a lot better about limiting the snacks, especially since Darrell brought Girl Scout cookies home this weekend. I need to get back on track since I'm going to have to get some more clothes. Tues/Thurs boss wants to get the office out of his house and is talking about renting an office down the hall from Mon/Wed/Fri boss. I'd get to use the computer at Mon/Wed/Fri job and only work Tue/Thurs mornings, but I won't get to go in my jeans and shorts.

Talk to you later.
Pat
Closed Thread