Weight Loss Support - add and your's to mine
06-19-2008, 02:31 PM
Many people feel that to lose weight you have to go on a big diet and change everything that you eat. But there are many simple things that you can do to help lose weight. Here are 5 pain free things that you can do to help shed some pounds.
2)Switch to diet / light / skim
4)Switch to whole grains
5)Eat from a smaller plate
other things we can do also
1) park your car a litle futher down
2) try not to take the elevator
3) move around as much as possible
4) stand up and walk instead of moving with the chair.
5) stay active.
06-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Keep a food diary
06-19-2008, 02:44 PM
06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
1. Order small sizes (the tall at Starbucks for example).
2. Put mustard on a sandwich instead of mayo.
3. Pack your lunch.
4. If you're going to a restaurant, check out the menu online and decide what to order BEFORE you get there and get tempted by other things. Don't even open the menu.
5. Related to 4, don't be afraid to special order at restaurants. Most places are very kind and accomodating. No sauce, dressing on the side, no potatoes/double vegetables - whatever meets YOUR goals!
06-19-2008, 03:32 PM
When eating in a resturant ask the waiter/waitress to bring a to go container with the meal and then place half of yours in it, OR, physically "draw" a line in half of everything on your plate and do not cross that line, eat only half, bring the rest home to enjoy at another meal.
06-19-2008, 04:18 PM
When you feel hungry drink a large glass of water and wait.
Maybe you were thirsty.
06-20-2008, 02:12 AM
id add drink 2 litres if water a day....
06-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Be best friend with baking, and stay away from deep fryer. (not baking cookies or bread...but like chicken, veggies, and so on... :P)
Take your time while eating
Don't be hungry... it will lead you to binging.
Fresh items like fruits and veggies
Ziplock bags to pack your fruits, veggies, freeze meals you pre-cooked
06-20-2008, 08:43 AM
I totally endorse this way of thinking, I believe it's the only way for permanent weight loss.
Here's some more:
If you have a cordless phone or a cell phone, pace up and down while you're using it.
Walk to work instead of driving.
Throw your deep fat fryer away.
Cut out butter altogether, look for some alternatives. Laughing Cow lite is excellent.
Don't eat after six o'clock.
06-20-2008, 08:54 AM
we have to do it together .help me i will help you
06-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Move more, eat less. Stop procrasting and just do it. :)
06-20-2008, 02:28 PM
06-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Read labels! You can still eat many of the foods you like just try to buy the brands with the healthier ingredients - like whole wheat bread that's not sweetened with high fructose corn syrup, and mayonaise made with canola oil. And avoid stuff with words you can't pronounce :D All those chemicals can be murder to metabolize.
06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
i want to know.
06-21-2008, 01:36 PM
06-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Take it one day at a time and dont givve up
06-22-2008, 07:22 AM
we almost there.
06-23-2008, 10:13 PM
we can't stop