Old 06-19-2008, 02:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 275/266/145

Height: 5'4"

Default WW points at Disney?

Hey Guys! I am newbie on here and I need some help! I am going to Disney World next week !!!!! BUT... I joined my local WW and I am DETERMINED to lose this weight! I have done fairly well so far and I DO NOT want to blow it at Disney.... so YIKES!... I need help! Any ideas how I can count points? We are going to Epcot and Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom... so anyone out there had any luck or any pointers? Really would appreciate the encouragement! Thanks
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #2  
live. love. travel.

S/C/G: 298/168/145

Good for you for being determined! You're right, you don't want to blow it. Just keep your healthy eating guidelines in mind. Estimate points whenever possible, continue to journal what you eat and always round up. If you think it was 3 points for that chicken, count it as 4 unless you had nutritional information.

My best advice would be to eat breakfast at your hotel or resort before you leave for the day and try to snatch anything you can from the hotel for snacks. Walking around Disney with a banana in your purse might seem lame but it will come in handy when you see everyone eating ice cream dipped in chocolate. Drink a lot of water so you stay hydrated and continue to eat your vegetables. Hopefully you're going with supportive people who understand your weight loss goals. With that in mind, look at menus before you commit to a restaurant and if you feel uncomfortable about the menu, don't eat there!! When you do find a good place, don't blow it on something you wouldn't eat at home. Ask for a 1/2 portion or a lunch sized meal, ask for double veggies instead of fries and always ask for them "simply steamed". Restaurants are very accomodating.

It's as simple as that. You can do this! Make the right choices and I would bet you another trip to Disney that you will be glad you did.

All that aside, have fun! You'll be sure to do lots of walking while you're there. Every step you take is a step in the right direction. I hope you have a blast!
sunshower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:02 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Woohoo! Walt Disney World is my favorite vacation spot, and I've been there 9 times. The last time was last month. There are healthy food choices at just about every Dis restaurant, offering salads, fruit, etc. I've lost weight while being at Dis, and didn't go hungry at all. One thing I did was to order the kids' portion. The adult portions are easily large enough for 2 people, so you could share with someone, if you'd rather go that route.

If you are staying on Disney property, the resort hotels have a deli section in the food courts, with many, many healthy choices for breakfast and lunch.

Here's a place where you can look up the menus at most Disney restaurants, at the resorts and in the parks:

http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm

That place has all the Disney info you could possibly want, not just dining info. Have fun, and tell Mickey I said hi.

Last edited by Jane; 06-19-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/266/145

Hey Jane and Sunshower! Thanks so much for your great information and encouragement! I am going with a school group as chaperone and I do know that three of the chaperones going are also WW participants... and they too have their anticipations. So I do know that the four of us will support each other. We all know about the water ( and keeping an eye on the restrooms locations too HA !) I like the link to the restaurants menus and am going to print off these and take with us.. so thanks for that!

Am excited about going... actually... I havent been to Disney in over 40 years. So yes... i am reliving my childhood too! Ha
wolftrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:23 PM   #5  

I'm with Jane. I was just there last month, and it really wasn't a huge problem to stick with my plan. My son and I split many, many meals while we were there. If he was still hungry, he would get himself something else later. We kept healthy snacks with us and in our room. PLUS you will get so much walking in, you won't be able to see straight!!!! lol And with the heat, there will be plenty of sweating going on.

And one more thing, I WANT TO GO WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

FYI - you can get free water in the restaurants if you ask for it. I add some little "On the go" packs of (generic) Crystal Light lemonade to give it some flavor. Saves calories and $$$.

One more thing..... I want to go with you, too!!!!!!!
Actually, May is my favorite month to go. Spring break is over, and the school kids aren't out yet, so the parks are uncrowded.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote