Support Groups - Loozing Floozies Rock # 35

View Full Version : Loozing Floozies Rock # 35

Deelite
06-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Hello Ladies,

I hope that you keep posting so we can keep this thread on top.

Leave those treats alone and get walking.

You can do, we will help you.

What is your biggest challenge today?

I need to increase my water as it is warming up here.

SuzyMc
06-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Hugs to you Dee! I know how you are feeling...I've been fighting back tears for over a week now and all broke loose last night at a most unexpected inopportune time, but what's a girl to do? A good cry every now and then does help and I do think I feel a little better today. Go ahead and cry. I know we are both going to get through this! It's just going to take time.

On a "good for me" note...the cake went into the garbage! No more temptation!

Deelite
06-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Thanks Suzy, I know that you are going through the same thing as me. Just to many dam people are leaving me. Hugs to you too!

Gee you didn't even eat the icing. Good for you. Get that scale moving down.

4myloves
06-19-2008, 04:55 PM
:hug: to you Dee and Suzy. I've already lost all of my grandparents and several of my aunts and uncles (mainly my daddy's side). I know the time is coming when I'm going to have to say more good-byes, and I dread it. :( :cry:

gdeann
06-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Hugs & prayers sent to you! Sometimes I question why we have to go through what we do... guess we should be happy that we were able to get to love the person before they had to go. Still stinks though...

Dee, you asked for a salad recipe. This sounds weird, but is really easy and yummy!
2-3 cans corn (drained)
1 c. minced celery
1 bunch green onion (minced)
1c. minced cucumber
1 small jar diced parmento
Add a dash or two of garlic salt
Mix well and then coat with CREAMY italian dressing. I use either the Kroger or Kraft brand.
Chill several hours and serve. This recipe seems to taste better as it sits and has time for the flavors to blend.
I usually makeup the amounts as I go, I prefer more onion, less cucumber in mine for example.

SuzyMc
06-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Happy first day of summer everyone! It's been so cold here that it doesn't even feel like summer though...I am ready for some REAL summer weather!

Gayle ~ That salad sounds yummy! I get so tired of the regular potato and macaroni salads in the summertime. Thanks!

Dee ~ The frosting was the least healthy part of that cake...a whole stick of butter, cream cheese, and lots of powdered sugar and then I sprinkled chopped walnuts mixed with brown sugar all over the top! :eek:

Tim is leaving on a business trip this morning and won't be back until Sunday, so I can cook and eat the way I want to this weekend. He's a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so that makes it hard for dieting. I plan to be 100% OP and then some this weekend!

gdeann
06-20-2008, 08:08 AM
Just checking in today! I think you'll like the salad Suzy. I wish I could find a light creamy italian dressing though to make it more diet friendly. Honestly, once it is coated, I bet your only getting about a 2 T. serving size of the dressing anyway, depending upon how much of the mixture you eat. I will be sending prayers your way to keep the little sugar demons away so you have an OP weekend!

I am reading a book by joyce Meyer about living healthy. She gives a very no nonsense approach to some of the stuff I question in my mind about dieting. Let me finish reading it and then I will give a review, as of this point, I am pleased with what she is trying to put out there. It is an older book I picked up at the library. I never heard of her until a few weeks ago when I ran across her on television.

Big plans for the weekend?

Dee, what brand of GPS did you get Larry? I did a search and found a site about geocaching. Sure enough, there are people in this area doing it! I want to get involved, sounds like fun!!! The site suggested two different basic GPS's each one was around $100.

Cheryl, baby Stew get in his TV time this morn? I LOVE the pic you sent! You should use that for your desktop pic!

Deelite
06-20-2008, 10:31 AM
Gayle the recipe different but in a good way. I will give it a try next week.
I bought a eTrex Venture Cx made from Garmin. It is more user friendly from the computer. It is pretty acurate. It is a cheap way to have hours of fun with the kids. If you haven't been to the site here is the one we use www.geocashing.com You can read about how to get started and all kinds of info.

Suzy it is my favorite day of the year. I love the sun light. We get 16 hours 21 minutes of sunshine! It is up at 5:20 and sets at 9:41.
It has been on the cooler side here but the last few days it is in the 80's.
When I make carrot cake which isn't to often any more I can't resist the icing. Cake is good and moist but I would scrap off the icing on my piece and eat just a little cake. Less calories that way......:)
Enjoy your on weekend program. I am lucky Larry is ok with salad and some fish or meat.

Cheryl all my grandparents are gone, now one set of parents. I miss them dearly. It is a very difficult thing to go through. I hope that you don't have to suffer much lost in your life.

Shelley how are you doing? Are you just cooking out there? Now I know why you get up early to bike, walk or jog......it just has to be pretty hot.

We will be going out to Jay and Ash's lake this weekend. We will be staying in our trailer but enjoying meals, geocashing, jet skiing, and boating with them. They will be staying at their family cottage. It should be fun.

Since I have lots of stuff to pack and I haven't had my breakie I better get going.

Enjoy your weekend.

gdeann
06-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Cool Dee! This was the same site I joined. There actually are several in our area. Off to find a GP thing-a-ma-gigi!!!! I have Steve talked into it!

ShelleyM
06-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Hey, all! I am back from Tampa. I made a wrong turn the first day and was so scared to drive anywhere after that! It was a very intense parent orientation, but I learned quite a bit.

Dee-Prayers to you. Thanks for starting a new thread. It is really hard to find us anymore on here.

Suzy-I can't believe it's still cold where you are. It is very hot and humid here. Have a good time being by yourself for a couple of days.

Gayle-I'll wait patiently for your review of the book you are reading.

Hi Cheryl and Janice!

Heading out for a run.

SuzyMc
06-21-2008, 12:13 PM
The geocashing is catching on around here too. We live in an area with acres and acres of state forest land, so lots of places to find treasures! One of these years when life is less hectic I would like to try it.

Today is more summerlike here. It's sunny and in the 80's, so I'm much happier! I cut the grass this morning and plan to run the weedeater, weed the flowerbeds and clean the gutters this afternoon. Lots of exercise today!

Gayle ~ I've heard a lot about Joyce Meyer and know that she is highly respected, but I've never read any of her books. Do let us know what you think of it!

About the salad recipe...could you use a FF ranch dressing in place of the italian?

Shelley ~ I'm glad that all went well at orientation! Tim put the wrong zip code into the GPS (Goes to prove they aren't fool proof! ;) ) and ended up an hour away from where he was supposed to be. He got there just in time for the first meeting. Lucky he left early!

Dee ~ It sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Have a great time!

gdeann
06-21-2008, 02:52 PM
Suzy, FF ranch would probably work too. I do like the creamy italian because of the extra "zip" and spice. haven't had any luck finding a FF one though.

ShelleyM
06-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Gayle-Do they make a LF creamy italian?

Suzy-I would have completely freaked out being lost like that. At this old age, I am horribly scared about losing my way anywhere. Maybe I am beginning to get senile.

SuzyMc
06-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Happy Monday Floozies!

I spent the weekend working at pulling weeds, edging flowerbeds, trimming bushes and cutting grass and BOY do I ever feel it this morning! I over did it big time, but my yard sure looks nice! ;)

How was your weekend?

Deelite
06-23-2008, 08:57 AM
Suzy did you stick to program? With all that work you should be done. I hope that it warmed up a bit for you. It sure did here but now the bugs and ticks are here.

Shelley glad you made it back safeley. It is so different driving in the states than here.

gayle did you go out and get a GPS? We found two cashes on the weekend. It was fun.

Got to get ready for the Y.

Have a great day ladies.

ShelleyM
06-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Trying to keep the thread alive!

Dee-Hope you had a great workout at the Y.

How is everyone doing with eating?

coles
06-24-2008, 06:29 AM
I had a hard time finding you girls.
I made a menu for the week and am going to stick to it. I need to journal or I'm lost. I have two weddings to attend in August and want to lose more weight before then. I start holidays for six weeks next week. I am going to use that time to really stay on track - walk every day, swim every day, and stay on program with eating. The weather is getting nicer this week. We have had so much rain lately.
Prayers Suzy and Dee, let go and don't keep those tears inside. Grief is normal. We miss our loved ones so much when they pass but you will see them again on the other side. They are in a better place and no longer suffering.
Have a good day ladies and drink your water.
Janice

gdeann
06-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Happy you found us Janice! I like your plan too!

Dee, we found two caches on Sunday. They were fairly easy ones right here in town. Allison was so excited! Steve wasn't too sure about this whole geocaching thing but he finally had to admit it was fun. We ended up with a coin from one of the stashes. We are going out of town on Friday so hopefully over the weekend we can find another stash and place the coin there. Thanks for enlightening me to the wide world caching!

Shelley, are you getting to enjoy any of the summer? I bet the house is quiet without all the giggles of girls there.

Suzy, are you going to get in any quilt time this season or just yard work? I bet the yard looks so nice with all of your hard work. Think of all the calories you burned.

Cheryl, little Stew must be keeping you busy! Are you feeling ok since surgery? Can you tell a difference?

Well, I need to get some book work done, run a few errands and then take Ali to a program.
Have a great day!

Deelite
06-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Gayle did you register your coin? They like to keep track as to where the coin goes. We found a coin on the weekend to. How about we do a switch, I send you mine and you can send me yours? Mine has no rules as to where the destination has to be, how about yours? I Knew Ali would love it, it is fun. Glad that Steve ended up liking it too. Did you take something from the cashe? On the weekend we took a fossil from the red sea and a little badge that said TFTH (which means Thanks for the Hunt) And of course the tracking coin. We love doing it for the hunt. Happpy hunting.

Janice it is hard to find the Foozies but I realized I just have to keep scroll down under the support form. Hopefully we are still on the first page.
Wow six weeks off in the summer. You are going to enjoy it. Too bad we didn't live closer together. We could walk and swim together.
Good for you for making a menu and then journaling it. That will work wonderful together.

Shelley I am glad that you are back running sometimes. I don't know how you do it in the heat.
How does Mike like his job? I hope that he is doing ok.
Eatting wise I am back on track. It is tough when I am at the lake because we tend to eat more and move less.

Suzy how are you doing today? Are you all recovered from the aches of gardening? Yesterday I did some weeding and I barely slept last night. My back was sore.
Any big plans for today/ I have lots of ruhbarb I want to cut down and need a low fat/ calorie recipe, you got one? Does anyone have one?

Cheryl how is little Stew? He is just a cutie. I am sure that he keeps you busy. I forgot are you working full time or part time? I can't beleive that you don't get at least a year off.
How are you doing weight wise? I am sure that nursing and pumping all those bottles of milk burns plenty of calories.

I did a big booboo. I forgot to weigh in at ww's last month. I thought I did and I just checked. Opps, now I have to pay even though I am under goal. That really sucks. It makes me think that I shouldn't even bother but on the other hand I know that it makes me accountable.

Time to go eat breakie and then I am going to head downtown for a swim.

Have a lovely sunny day.

4myloves
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Hello all!

Stewart, Jake and I spent the week-end shopping in Branson. Now Jake has chest congestion, from sleeping in the cold hotel room (thanks, Stewart). He's coughing up crud and sneezing and wheezing. Luckily the crud is clear, so no infection. I'm hoping it won't turn into an infection--I don't want to start him on antibiotics this early in his life. (Not counting what he got when he was born and in neo-natal ICU).

I bought more for him than I did for myself. All I got for me was some Post Familie Vineyard's Muscadine Grape and Concord Grape Juice (non-alcoholic) and a cooler with a water bottle.

I gained 4 pounds on my trip, but I'm hoping some of that is fluid gain from no water and lots of Sprites. I was back down 2 this morning.

The coin hunting thing sounds fun!

Dee and Janice, I'm re-mailing y'all's pictures today. :)

gdeann
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
Great idea Dee! This one is trying to find it's way back to Oklahoma, so we might want to keep it here in the States. Next coin we find, I'll check with you and if you have one available we'll switch. Would we log we switched so people would know how it ended up so far away? I'm assuming so.
Cheryl, this would really be fun to do with Jake as he gets older. People stash anything small into the canister and are very creative in designing the canisters too. They will cover with tree bark etc. to make it blend in with the surroundings. I'm thinking we may buy some lottery tickets to place in the containers. Knowing my luck, the other person would be the big winner!

Cheryl, how is Jake feeling? Poor baby! Hugs from auntie...

Deelite
06-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Gayle you could log on and say that you sent it to the someone or you don't have to as people take trips and go out hunting and that is the fun to see how far the coin traveled. How about I send you this one and you can tell me the details as to where you hide and I will log it. Are you game? This one is really pretty. It has the a beautiful flower on one side and the state of hawaii on the other. What does your look like?

Cheryl I am sorry to hear that Jake isn't feeling well. Keep an eye on him to see if his temp rises. If it does take him in.
I hate to break it to you but once you have kids your shopping days will consist of buy them stuff and very little for yourself.
It is nice that you guys got to go away for a trip.
keep flushing your system with water this week and you will drop the other two pounds.

gdeann
06-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Ours has a couple of hikers on the front and is bright green/yellow/black. I think we'll go ahead and place this one somewhere in Kansas since it is trying to make it's way back to Oklahoma. Send me yours if you want and I'll place it for you. Then the next one we get, I'll send to you... what fun! I'll try to find some small "Kansas" stuff for you if you want so you can place it in the caches in your area. Just for something different.

Cheryl, I'm like Dee, the weight gain is probably fluid and until your child reached mid adult age, you will NEVER spend money on yourself again! :-)

Deelite
06-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Gayle I will send it out. I think that will be a surprise for the coin owner. What did you take out of your cashe finds?
What size of container and where were they placed.
Our first find was on a bridge with a certs ttpe can, second was a tupper container that helded about 4 cups and the third was in a large tobacco can.
I can just imagine Ali when you guys found it. We all shout and give high fives.

SuzyMc
06-24-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Jake is sick. Keep a close watch on him! My grandgirls are sick too. Abby has been fighting pneumonia for a couple of weeks now and just can't seem to get rid of the cough. Now the baby has started with a runny nose and cough. I sure hope it doesn't go into pneumonia!

Gayle, I'm getting lots of stitching time in...it's my therapy! For anyone who is interested I recently started a blog to keep track of my quilting projects...just let me know if you want to view it and I'll email you the link.

Deelite
06-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Suzy I would love to see it. You are so talented.
Do you have any ideas of what I can do for a quilt with Baba's two moomoo's? Dez bought a material that would be for the backing but not sure exactly what to do with it. We would like to make two out of it. She was a large lady but I know that they will be like comfy throws. What do you think?

SuzyMc
06-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I have all of my dad's cotton shirts to make quilts with someday too, but I just can't bring myself to cut them apart just yet. One day I will make quilts for my mom, sister and myself. I also have all of his ties and I would like to make a wall hanging out of them for my brother.

I'll email you the link and a few other links for patterns that may work for the mumus. Are they 100% cotton or a cotton/poly blend? Ideally you want 100% cotton for quilts. If they are all cotton then you could get a coordinating solid to go with each mumu and you should be able to get a nice size quilt for each of you.

gdeann
06-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Suzy, email me the link, I want to see!

Dee, Ali LOVES this! Plus it is good for her brain to try to figure out the puzzles. The first was out in the middle of a prairie dog field, under a tree. Kind of a metal Capsule thing that would hold approx. 2 cups, hidden under some bricks. Thank goodness bricks had been one of the clues. This is where we found the coin. The second was at a military memorial and was only a magnetic logsheet under a viet nam tank. Even though there was no "prizes" it was cool to find and educational. I'm taking a pic of Ali with each of our finds, I thought it would make a cool scrapbook.

SuzyMc
06-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Gayle ~ I agree...keep a scrapbook of all of your finds! What a neat thing to do. All this talk has me thinking that maybe it's something that we should try!

Deelite
06-24-2008, 10:44 PM
Suzy your grand kids would love it, or even you guys. We love it and we are suppose to be grown up.

Gayle we love the search more than the prises. We are taking pictures of each one too! Can you email me pics of Ali and your find as you take them? I would love to see her excitement. It is cheap entertainment.

My mom came home from seeing aunty Sally. It isn't good. Sally went into the hospital yesterday. She is having a blood transfusion. Mom said she doesn't even know what is happenning anymore. Mom thinks she might not make the night. I was so hoping that the chemo would put her into remission. I am going to call her son tomorrow to find out exactly what is going on. Mom just talked a short while and then someone was at the door.

Please pray for Sally and family.

SuzyMc
06-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Dee ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. May God be with her and with your family. :hug:

Deelite
06-25-2008, 02:53 PM
My dear Aunty Sally passed away this morning. She just stopped breathing. Uncle albert and her three boys were with her. We will be going out to Moose Jaw friday. The funeral will be saturday.
If there was one women in the world that is my soul sister is was my god mother. We were so much alike. Very much connected. I will truely miss her.

Thanks for the prayers.

gdeann
06-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Dee, I am so sorry to read about Sally. Sounds like she had a peaceful passing. Your family has had it's fair share of grief this year, God bless you and keep you.

coles
06-26-2008, 06:32 AM
Dee- You are all in my prayers. How are things this morning?

SuzyMc
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Dee ~ I am so sorry to hear the news of your aunt's passing. You have had so much death to deal with lately. You must be feeling so overwhelmed and lost. My prayers are with you and your family. :hug:

Deelite
06-26-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for your support. I am at a lost for words, I just feel so numb and my nose is so stuffy I can hardly breath.

We will be leaving tomorrow for the lengthy drive. We are going with my brother sister, mom and dad. Dad still hasn't healed up from his knee surgery so we will have to be stopping every couple of hours.
I will be busy today making a memory slide presentation for Sally.

I love you girls. All the support that you have given me is terrific.

xox

4myloves
06-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Dee, you've suffered quite a bit of loss this past couple of years. My heart really goes out to you.

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Cheryl

SuzyMc
06-27-2008, 08:14 AM
Happy Friday Floozies! What does everyone have planned for the weekend...anything special? Saturday is just a regular Saturday here, but Sunday we are going to a picnic to see an old friend who is home for a visit, so looking forward to that.

Dee ~ I'm keeping you in my prayers this weekend. Safe travels to you!

4myloves
06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Have a great week-end everyone!!!

SuzyMc
06-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Where is everyone? Shelley? Janice? Gayle? Come out, come out wherever you are!

SuzyMc
06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Where oh where have all the Floozies gone? :?:

SuzyMc
06-30-2008, 08:27 AM
Ok, ladies...I'm doing my best to keep this thread alive, but it's getting a little boring just talking to myself! Where is everyone?

4myloves
06-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Hey, Suzy!

I'm here :wave:

What a busy week-end I've had. Jake's been sick and now I think I have what he had!! Hopefully he's OVER it, though, and I won't give it back to him. I can't seem to wake myself up because of the meds. I'm taking to try to make myself feel better.

I went shopping on Saturday to stock up on diapers--I'd let us get low on them! Mom went with me and Stewart watched Jake for us. It was nice to have a "girls' afternoon." I missed the baby, though!

Cheryl

gdeann
06-30-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm back!!!! We left Friday A.M. and just made it back this afternoon. This was Stampede weekend, so now I am exhausted! All of that hard work of drinking, eating, drinking, drinking... We did actually work a little bit too. :-)
I'll check in later, I need to get started on the mountain of laundry.

ShelleyM
07-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Wow, where have I been?? My dad's surgery went well and I am off this week to drive my mom and dad if they need to go anywhere.

Dee-Prayers to you and yours. I did see about Aunt Sally on Facebook. I am so sorry. You have had so much pain over the last few years.

Gayle-I like your new avatar.

Suzy-Thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Janice-Keep up the journaling! It really helps.

Cheryl-Is the baby better now?

gdeann
07-01-2008, 01:52 PM
Bump, Da-bump!

coles
07-02-2008, 06:27 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
Just busy around here trying to get all the yard work done. We had so much rain and cold weather earlier in spring that I am far behind on everything outside.
Cheryl - Thank you for the pics of Jake, he is absolutely adorable!!
Will check in later in the day, I must get busy before it gets hot out.

coles
07-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Dee- Prayers to you and your family. I am sad for your loss.

ShelleyM
07-02-2008, 07:21 AM
Yesterday I finished cleaning my bedroom, washing down the walls, etc. Now on to the next room. Can you tell I'm on vacation this week?

gdeann
07-02-2008, 09:00 AM
Shelley, your more energetic then I am! Take a day for yourself and sit back and relax. You deserve it!

Janice, you sound as busy as Shelley. Rest for you too girlie. How is Doug feeling?

Off to work today. I had a few extra days off because of Stampede so I have a feeling today may be stressful with everyone wanting in. We had 2 pass away while I was gone, one was married so I really need to drop in and visit the spouse for a few minutes.

Deelite
07-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Hi girls, thanks for the support. My emotions were a rollercoaster the last week but I am doing better. The funeral was healing. I know that death is a passing into a new and better life. I cry for selfish reasons. It is going to be hard because she was one of my best friends but I know that she wouldn't want me to cry to long.

Deelite
07-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Bump di de bump

ShelleyM
07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Dee-Crying is good for the soul.

Spent 3 hrs cleaning my shower yesterday. I can't get all the scum off. Any suggestions? I've tried Tilex, Pinesol, Scumbuster, baking soda. Well water sux!!

Deelite
07-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Try cut limes or lemons, just rub over the shower and leave it for awhile. Reapply if necessary. the other thing that works good is CLR. It is good for the staining of well water.

Cheryl thanks for the pictures. Jake is so cute. He seems like a happy baby.

ShelleyM
07-04-2008, 07:04 AM
My dad got the go ahead to drive again, and had his staples taken out of his neck.

Hope you all have a safe and happy 4th!!

Deelite
07-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Shelley I don't remember....why did your dad have staples in his neck? I am glad that he can drive again. Our parents need their independence.

My mom's dear friend Jackie passed away yesterday. She slipped into a coma and went quickly.
When is it going to stop happening? I can't even cry. I know that she lived longer than expected and she had no pain so I should be thankful. It is just hard to many so close together.

Tell your loved ones you love them.

I love you gals!

gdeann
07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Prayers sent Dee. Isn't this the same Jackie who has been ill for several years? Your mom must be suffering horribly. Losing a sister and a dear friend within a week of each other. {{HUGS}}

ShelleyM
07-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Dee-I am so sorry for all your losses lately. Prayers to you and yours.

My dad was operated on because he had a 99% blockage in his carotid artery. He is doing great. The operation was 1 week ago yesterday.

Deelite
07-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Gayle yes this is the "Jackie" that I have talked about over the years. We went to see mom last night. She is holding her own. She shows that she is tough on the outside but she isn't fooling anyone.

Shelley thanks for the prayers. Please keeping praying for my family and the family of my loved ones.
I am glad to hear that your dad is ok. That must have been a stressful period for your family. I am sure that he will be filled with an energetic zest now.

It is hot here today. We are taking a day to relax and ppluck at the chores in the yard and garden. It has been quite enjoyable.

gdeann
07-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Shelley, glad to hear your dad is doing so well. I use vinegar in my shower because of our hard water. We have a well too. I just put full strength vinegar in a spray bottle and then coat the shower. After about 30 minutes, I spray everything down with scrubbing bubbles and then I scrub for awhile. Every so often I use clorox for the rust too. Joys of well water!

Dee, we located a geocoin yesterday that I will send to you if your interested. Let me know and I will email you the information about the coin so you can decide. Our smallest cache yet was yesterday. It was a penny with fishing line attached to it and then anchored to a tiny container. Found it out in the middle of a pasture filled with rock, sage brush and cactus. We were ready to give up looking, then we glanced down once again and it was right there!

SuzyMc
07-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi everyone! Just checking in quick to see how everyone is doing. I've been sick for a week with the same upper respiratory crap that the girls have had...so nice of them to share, huh? I'm so tired of coughing and my stomach muscles feel like I've done a million sit-ups! I wonder if coughing gives the same benefits of sit-ups? Anyway, I'm still here...just haven't felt much like being on the computer.

ShelleyM
07-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Suzy-Feel better!

Deelite
07-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Gayle I would love to trade geo coins. that would be fun. What a cool cashe that was with the penny and fishing line. We also went hunting last night. We found one and looked hard for three others. When we looked them up two were muggled and one is legit, it is still there. We do think we know exactly where it is though. I was a bit nervous as the police we right there and I didn't want to look crazy and have them lock me up. We might go out today when Dez gets here.
I am glad that you guys are enjoying the hunt!

Suzy take care.

gdeann
07-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Suzy, feel better soon sweetie!

Dee, I sent you info. Please disregard the first email. For some reason the link didn't post so on the second email I just copied and pasted most of the info. Let me know if you want it.

coles
07-07-2008, 07:55 AM
suzy - hope you feel better today. I've had a sore throat for about 5 days.
Starting holidays for the next twelve days, then I work for the weekend, then start vacation for another 24 days. The weather is wonderful, sunny and warm. Just heading out for a walk by the lake before it gets too hot out. Have a good day everyone.

Deelite
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Janice I am sending you the rain. It started rainning here today. Are you doing anything for your vacation? How is Doug doing? I hope your sore throat gets better soon.

Gayle I will check my email right away and let you know. Larry thought that it sould be fun.

Suzy how are you feeling today?

Cheryl how is little Jake? What new stage is he at? They change and grow up so fast.

Shelley how was the party on the weekend? It sure is fun to see everyone on a happy occasion.

We got a car load of Baba and Papa's stuff last night. Now I have to go and tackle it and see what we would like.

4myloves
07-07-2008, 12:17 PM
I hate cleaning my shower!!!!! Stewart put one in that's some kind of plastic material and it gets SO DIRTY. And it has grooves underneath the actual walls that get moldy if they're not cleaned at least once a week.

I'm sorry to hear about Jackie dying, Dee. Shelley is right, crying is good for you. Sending you a cyber hug.

All you sick-chicks get to feeling better!!!!!

SuzyMc
07-07-2008, 09:54 PM
After another sleepless night spent coughing, I decided this morning that enough was enough and broke down and went to the doctor. It's a good thing I went. I have bronchitis with a possible touch of pneumonia. The doctor was having a hard time hearing my lungs (someone was coughing too much :^: ) and said that he could do a chest x-ray to find out for sure, but the treatment would be the same so no point in having the x-ray. I now have antibiotics and a narcotic cough medicine (he said 2 teaspoons of that would guarantee me a good night's sleep :dizzy: ) so hopefully I'll be on the mend now!

Janice ~ Maybe you should think about seeing the doctor too! Feel better soon!

I'll catch up with everyone else once I'm feeling a little better. Thanks for all the well wishes!

gdeann
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
How did the cough syrup work Suzie??? Feeling better yet?

Dee, I'll send you the coin along with some small items from Dodge City/Kansas to stash into a cache or two. Will try to get it out to you this week.

Cheryl, tell Stewart since he installed the shower, he gets to clean it too!!! LOL!!!

Deelite
07-08-2008, 05:26 PM
Thanks Gayle I will do like wise.

Today was Jackie's funeral. My mom asked me if I would say something on her behalf. That was fine with me but it was an hour before the funeral. Talk about scrambling to put things together and to get ready myself. Here is what I said....

JACKIE

Who was Jackie to us?

“Jackie” was a Family Friend: Laughing & telling stories, and a good listener.

“Jackie's” Moms best friend: mom said Jackie was always there when she needed support, she would always cheer her up. she always counted on her.

“Jackie” was a Great Cook WINS the BEST Borscht AWARD, Larry comes from a Ukrainian family and hands down “Jackie” wins. I only use her recipe.

“Jackie” was a Great Giver, even 3 weeks ago she brought mom dessert. Not to mention the canning, baking and flowers. Her arms were never empty.

“Jackie” was a World Traveler, those of you that knew her, knew she loved to travel.
Mom and dad enjoyed the company of “Jackie” & “John”
-twice to Cuba
-Awesome Texas memories
-Winters in Osoyas, BC
- We even got to enjoy a week at a cottage at Hill Side Beach. I remember mom & “Jackie” sitting with their feet up enjoying drinks on the deck while the boys played cards.
Even a few weeks ago she made a trip to Thief River Falls with friends.

“Jackie” Loved Cards Mom remembered “Jackie” playing cards nightly in B.C.

“Jackie” was Computer Literate I would often wake up & turn on the PC and see an email from “Jackie”. I always knew if she had slept the night before by the time her email arrived. Many times it was around 3 in the morning.

One email I clearly remember was titled “Packing up My Tent and Going Home”

“Jackie” knew the Lord was calling her home. She was ready, she was packing up her tent. She is with the Lord.

One of my last email from “Jackie” was a poem titled “The After Glow”

I’d like to share it with you.

After Glow

I’d like the memory of me
to be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an after glow
of smiles when life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo
whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
and bright and sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
to dry before the sun
of happy memories
that I leave when life is done.
Love Jackie

Deelite
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Suzy take care of yourself. About the patches I am not sure what to do with them. What do you think?

SuzyMc
07-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Dee ~ My friend MaryJo had that same poem read at her funeral. I think you did a lovely job on the eulogy...I'm sure Jackie would be proud! :hug:

Another idea came to me about what to do with the embroidery patches...what about a table runner or dresser scarf?

Recovery is coming a lot slower than I would like, but I do think that I am starting to feel a little bit better. The cough medicine really helps...I take that and can't feel anything! :lol:

How are you feeling Janice?

gdeann
07-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Dee, Jackie is beaming with the eulogy you gave her. The poem is awesome, I had never seen it before. How about some toss pillows made from the fabric? The center piece could even be a scanned photo on fabric? That is about as creative as I get.

Suzy, glad the meds are working. Continue to get some rest.

4myloves
07-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Dee, you almost made me tear up :cry:

4myloves
07-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Y'all, I can't seem to break this mid-240's mark!!!! I seem to be maintaining here. I've got to get on track and DO SOMETHING!

A couple of weeks ago, if you'll remember, I started getting up at 4:30 so I could walk since my afternoons are full of Jake :love: . Now, Stewart has decided that he wants to sleep "late" and that since I'm up I can take care of the baby in the mornings, too. If I don't he'll just let Jake sit in his little chair and watch TV/cry and not even change his poopy diaper (I swear, WHY do we have to tell men everything to do?).

I'm just going to have to get tough with him and let him know that the reason I'm getting up so early is so I can have some ME time. He won't be happy, but he'll live.

Deelite
07-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Cheryl it is important to take some me time, so do it. Like you say Steward will get over it. He needs to remember that Jake is his son too and that means he has to be responsible for him.

Thanks for all the ideas guys for the patches for the memory item. I will have to do something with it. My heart just isn't into it right now.

Gayle I am going to send that stuff off to you tomorrow.

Suzy it will take some time to get better, don't push it, otherwise it will set you back.

Janice how are you doing? Are you having a good holiday?

Tonight we are going to see Cirque du Soliel. I think it will be a good break for us.

gdeann
07-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Cheryl, pop Stewart in the head with a dirty diaper as a wake-up call...he'll get the hint! LOL!

Can I please ask you girls to say a quick prayer for a dear little friend of mine at the nursing home? She is one of my favorites and her condition is declining daily. I really don't see her making it much longer unless there is a miracle. She is a very religious lady, so she will appreciate all of the praying.

Deelite
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Gayle of course I will pray for her. What is the dear lady's name?

By the way did you know that we are suppose to be blessing everyone? When you do the blessing comes back to you 10 fold, so ladies start blessing everyone. A good way to start is when someone sneezes.

ShelleyM
07-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Gayle-I am sending prayers to your friend.

Dee-The eulogy was lovely. I'm sure Jackie knows how nice it was.

Suzy-Wow, it is a good thing you went to the dr. I'm glad you are slowly on the mend.

Janice-Have a nice vacation!

Cheryl-I agree with Gayle. Smack him on the head with a baby bottle or dirty diaper!! You need that time for yourself. Please don't give it up.

SuzyMc
07-10-2008, 07:56 AM
Gayle ~ Your friend is in my prayers. May God grant her healing and strength.

Cheryl ~ Yes, get tough...there's no reason why Stewart can't help out.

Dee ~ I understand about not being able to work with those patches right now. I have bags of my dad's shirts packed away in the attic to make quilts for my mom, sister and I with, but I just can't bring myself to cut into them yet. I know I will one day though...when the time is right.

Janice ~ Are you going anyplace for vacation or just enjoying your time off at home?

I hated to do it, but I cancelled out on watching the girls again today. I just don't have the energy to keep up with them properly yet. I think if I'm not feeling a whole lot better by tomorrow that I'll make another visit to the doctor.

Deelite
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Suzy you did the right thing not watching the girls. You need to rest and take care of yourself.

Shelley how is your dad doing?

Gayle I have your letter ready to mail. Now to go get a stamp and put it in the box

My sister Gail is coming down with Thomaz for a swim. I should get going as I was planning on cleaning the house.

Have a good day everyone.

Deelite
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
We went out geocashing with Gail and Thomaz. We found 3 more. They loved the hunt. It was new and exciting for them. Now you know what Thomaz wants for his birthday.

gdeann
07-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Addictive, isn't it Dee? I will HOPEFULLY, mail your packet out in the morning. Steve went to a few spots while he was out of town...I think I created a GPS monster! LOL!
My liitle friend is Jo, she had to go in the hospital today while I was at the shop. She was in ICU the last I heard, fighting for her life. She needs a pacemaker, but at 93 and no strength, I'm afraid she will probably not make it through surgery.

Suzy, maybe you should go back to the doctor. You should be starting to feel better by now. Did he do x-rays of your lungs?

4myloves
07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Hi all!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

Gayle and Dee, that searching sure does sound like a lot of fun! As far as I know there aren't that many people involved with it in this area--but then again there could be a whole community that I'm unaware of!

I hope you all have a great week-end!

Deelite
07-11-2008, 10:33 AM
Cheryl Gayle thought the same thing at first that there wasn't many around her. I didn't think we had anyone around here doing it either but there are many caches around here.

Gayle I thought at first Steve wasn't that keen....I am glad that he is enjoying the hunt.
I will continue to pray for Jo until I hear that she is doing better. God be with her and keep her.

gdeann
07-11-2008, 12:11 PM
Cheryl, there is a site you can go to, type in your zip and do a search. We have lots around here, right under our noses without realizing it! We have found 9 or 10 now, some are out in pastures, some are urban, it really is a fun way to spend part of a day. The stuff inside the cache usually is worthless (happy meal toys, wooden nickels etc.) but it is the fun of the hunt. We found a penny out in the middle of a pasture! How cool is that! Every so often you will find a trackable item, then it is cool to get it, place it and watch where it travels. Dee & I are switching out trackable coins so all of a sudden they will move from Kansas to Canada and vice versa. WARNING: It is addictive! It is a CHEAP hobby too, other then the cost of the handheld GPS it is the cost of gas. Cheaper then movies, bowling etc.

Dee, Steve thought I was crazy at first! Now he is taking the GPS with him when he spends nights out of town. We are in the process of making a signature coin to go into the caches we find. I'll send you one or post a pic after I'm finished. Mailing your package out today...

Suzy, feeling better?

Deelite
07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
Gayle we are going to be making a coin too! We want to do a T@B shape coin just like our tear drop trailer. Are you getting a company to make it or someone you know? We are going to contact the Huterite colony that Larry knows and get them to lazer cut it for us.
I think it is so funny that Steve likes it now. Larry was the same way. I kept talking about doing this and showing him articles and he just wasn't interested. Now he loves it. lol

Today and last night has been very stormy. The sun will shine and then the tunder rolls in. Right now it is sunny so I want to get a walk in before it down pours again.

Hey Gayle how is our newly weds doing? Is Liz happy where she is living?

Suzy feeling any better today?

Shelley how many miles are you logging in a month? I know that your foot is still bothering you that is good that you are able to bike.

Cheryl are you back on track with the exercise and shaking some pounds off?
I haven't weighed in at ww's since april. I think I am up two pounds but I am ok with that. With all that has been going on I did well. Now to get weighed in.

hey Janice did you desert us on your holiday? I hope that you are behaving yourself. Enjoy your time off.

4myloves
07-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Gayle, I checked the link you sent me and, to my surprise, there are 10 pages of caches within a 30 mile radius of my zip code!!! I never even suspected!

Dee, nope, I'm still stalling! I haven't been journaling like I should and this morning I was up to 248. I don't like creeping at all! Time to get serious again!

Deelite
07-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Cheryl do it for Jake. You will be much healthier, happier and be able to play with him. You can do it. You know how. Let's see you shake it baby!

gdeann
07-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Cheryl, go back to the site/click on forums/then you will find a GPS rummage sale. Several for sale!!! We purchased ours at Walmart because I am impatient and wanted to get started right away. I think anything Garmin is good. We have the Garmin Venture HC and Dee has the Garmin Venture with a card so you can have actual in town street turn by turn. Ours can use the card too if purchased separately. So far we haven't needed it to find the urban caches. Hmmmmm....I see a new mode of exercise coming little Cheryl's way!!!! If you have any questions, Dee & I will be very helpful into drawing our dear little friends into the pit of geocaching!

SuzyMc
07-12-2008, 06:53 AM
I am finally starting to feel a little better now! I'm still coughing, but it's getting less and less too. Today I'm taking an all day paper piecing class that I have been waiting for almost two years for, so I'm really glad that I feel well enough to go. (I would probably still go, even if I wasn't really up to it though. ;) ) The instructor is nationaly known (in the quilting world) and had several books out on the subject, so I'm really hoping to learn a lot today!

I wish you all had started talking about geocashing a little sooner and I would have thought about getting Tim one for his birthday (it was yesterday). I think it is something that we both would enjoy as we already do quite a bit of hiking and such now.

gdeann
07-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Have fun at the class Suzy!~ You deserve a fun day!

Cold here today, feels like fall!

The funeral home just called. Little Jo passed away and the family wants me to do her hair. I know I should be honored the family wants me to style it, but I dread going....it isn't so bad if it is a regular client, but it is very difficult when it is someone your close to.

SuzyMc
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
My sympathies Gayle. I know it will be hard, but it's important that Jo look nice for this last gathering and you know exactly how she liked her hair. God bless you for doing that job! :hug:

ShelleyM
07-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Oh, Gayle! I am so sorry. I agree with Suzy.

Deelite
07-13-2008, 12:05 PM
Gayle I pray that you have strength to do it for Jo. If it is to hard to do it see if you can get someone else. You can decline my dear.

ShelleyM
07-14-2008, 05:47 AM
It has been raining, raining, raining here:(

Deelite
07-14-2008, 12:12 PM
Shelley we have had more than our share of rain spring and summer. It is suppose to rain here this afternoon. I am sure that you must get torential rains and lots of humidity.

Suzy how are you feeling today/ I hope that you will be back to normal soon.

Gayle when is Jo's funeral? How are you doing?
Yesterday we went out Geocaching and found 5 caches and one of them was in two parts. We went to one park to find the hint then ended up at another park that we walked to that was about 1 1/2 miles away. There were two interesting places the caches were found. One was in an official cement box for the city of winnipeg water works. We had to go back twice because we thought this box was really. Then the other was in a black hose with a big nut on the end stuck beside a lamp post. It looked like it was for wiring. It was lots of fun.

Janice you still away on holidays. Yoohoo we are still here. I hope that the weather has been good to you. It can be pretty cold here some days. Yesterday was beautiful though.

Cheryl is the little one doing something new? I bet he is growing so fast.
Are you back on track?

So how is everyone doing on the scale? Do we all need a bit of encouraging?

Gee it is pretty weird sitting here in the sunroom...it faces the street and I can see cars driving down. Well this one car has slowed down to a snails pace and looked over to our yard, now it has come back frothe other direction and is slowing down again. Haha I think that they are looking at the trailer. Yesterday Larry was sitting here when someone else did the same thing. It is strange how much attention it attracks. When we are camping there are so many people that stop and ask us if they can look at it.

Well I hope that none of you struggle with your food choices today.

gdeann
07-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the support girls, I did ok. I dread going to the funeral home to style hair, but after I'm there, I'm ok. I know their soul is in Heaven and the body is just a shell of their former self. Jo looked so peaceful, there is no way I could wish her back to endure all of the suffering she was going through. I went today again after she was fully prepared, they did an amazing job. She looked better then I had ever seen her. They said the family was very happy with how well she looked. I decided to not go to the vigil tonight, but will go to the funeral in the morning.

Dee, is Larry ready to start hiding the caches? Steve & I have already tossed around some ideas. We found a really cool one here in our town, we wouldn't be able to do anything like it here, but you guys could maybe do something similar if no one else has thought of it. Larry probably knows several business owners which would make this cache a great home if they would allow it. It was at a business and it was a small air conditioning unit placed next to the large business air conditioning unit. Just glancing, it looked like both were in use. After investigating the smaller one wasn't hooked up and had a GEO-AIR label on the side :-) If you lifted the top section off with the fan, they had a metal trash can holding all of the goodies placed inside. Steve is out of town tonight and already called to report he went geohunting. I think he is addicted now. :-)

Suzy, how are you feeling? Did you make it to the class????

Deelite
07-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Gayle that is really cool, I like the idea. We have been tossing the idea around but haven't committed to anything yet. I think that is a good one though. Go Steve Go!

I just got off the phone from talking to my Uncle Albert. Tears are streaming down my cheeks. Albert was Sally"s husband. We talked for 112 minutes. We laughed about it and said he did just about as good as Sally and I. It is so hard. I miss her so much. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Albert said Buenos Noches and I love you before he hung up. Now you have to know Albert, he shows feeling but doesn't say it very often. Sally said that he only told her a handful of times. They were the closest I have ever seen anyone and more in love than you can imagine but he just couldn't say it. That is why I am flabergasted and honored that he said he loved me. Even his boys have only heard him say this once. Ahh my dear uncle.

gdeann
07-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Dee, that is a memory you will hold in your heart forever. I knew my father loved me dearly by his actions, but he never was comfortable saying the words. I was just young enough to think everyone lived forever, so I never said them either. The one thing I regret with all of my heart is never telling my dad I loved him before he died. I just assumed he knew. Years later after I had Steve's dad in my life, he was much like my father, never spoke the words but showed he loved you. The day before he passed, I went into the ICU and told him I loved him, he was gasping for oxygen, but was able to say "I love you too", I will never forget the vision of him saying it or also the relief of being able to say it to him. At that instant we truly touched each others heart. Steve & I are the opposite of our parents, we say I love you several times a day and tell our kids we love them every time we talk to them if they are on the phone or leaving. I now tell my mom I love her every time I leave her or hang up the phone. We did off and on until she had her heart attack, now we are consistant in saying those three little words that mean so much.

gdeann
07-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I just came from the saddest funeral ever. The lady was 93, so most of her friends would be deceased or unable to attend. There were just a handful of people there and her one daughter and son in law. Her daughter that was there, never had children and the other two daughters with kids are estranged from their mother. They were notified, but chose not to be there. How sad... only two family members there... the funeral precession amounted to 5 cars. They had a family falling out when the dad passed 20 some years ago and the girls had never made peace with their mom.

coles
07-16-2008, 07:01 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
I am just catching up with the posts. My heart goes out to you Dee and Gayle. Life hurts so much sometimes.
Suzy - hope you are feeling better. I am getting better everyday. I haven't done much on my vacation, its just nice to not have to go to work feeling crummy.
Cheryl - give Stewart a kick in the butt, he needs to support you trying to get fit. Jake needs daddy time too. (MEN!!!!!)

SuzyMc
07-16-2008, 08:39 AM
I am finally starting to feel human again! I'm still coughing, but it's getting better too. I did make it to the class and had a wonderful time...I was a pooped chick by the end of the day though!
Tomorrow we find out if grandbaby #4 is a boy or a girl and Monday we will hopefully find out about grandbaby #5, so an exciting few days coming up here!
Next Thursday I'm spending a few days at a quilt show and shopping in Lancaster with 5 friends...a girls only trip! I'm really looking forward to that! Then the week after that we are heading to NC to see Travis and DIL. I don't think I have to tell you how excited I am about that!

I'm glad that you are feeling better Janice. It stinks that you spent your vacation sick, but like you said...at least you didn't have to do to work while you were feeling so awful!

Dee ~ I'm glad that you had such a nice phone visit with your uncle. I've never been one to say "I love you" much either. To me it's something that loses its meaning if it is used too much. I would much rather say it or hear it when it really matters. It sounds like your uncle is the same way.

Gayle ~ It sounds like you have created a geocashing monster in Steve! :lol:

Deelite
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Gayle poor little Jo. I feel for her kids that didn't come to the funeral. I bet they are carrying around some guilt.
You sure are right about the visit with Albert being a very special memory.

sorry got to go!

4myloves
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Janice! Good to "see" you!!

Suzy, I'm so glad you're feeling better these days! How excited you must be to have not one but TWO grandbabies coming alone! :love: Stewart and I haven't been doing anything to prevent making another baby, but we haven't been blessed yet :) Guess I'll just have to keep trying!

I'm still getting up early, still not walking. I've decided it doesn't really matter that much to me right now. I appreciate the time I get to spend with Jake when he first wakes up--he's a happy baby most of the time, but he's extra happy and "talkative" in the mornings :)

Gayle, I've been to funerals like that--so sad.

Dee, hang in there!

Shelley, send some of that rain my way, please!

SuzyMc
07-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Cheryl ~ Don't rush to have another baby...just take this time to really enjoy the time that you have with Jake. You have lots of time for more babies and you certainly don't want two in diapers at the same time! :eek:

gdeann
07-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I agree with Suzy, Cheryl! Enjoy Jake and make him special, then add another baby. They grow up way to quickly to have them so close together. Plus this will give Stewart time to adjust to being a father and all of the duties required for the position. You two have plenty of time for more kids. Shoot! I had mine 13 years apart! LOL!

coles
07-17-2008, 06:47 AM
Good Morning Girls,
I am glad to see everyone posting and keeping us going.
I am looking at getting some "work" done on my face. I have brown pigmentation on my neck, puffiness under my eyes, and the corners of my mouth make me look like I am frowning. I know its normal to age, but I don't think we need to look our age. Any input you gals have would be appreciated.
It is really hot here this week, so I better go for a walk now before it gets warmer.
Have a great day,
Janice

SuzyMc
07-17-2008, 07:59 AM
I have always said that I would never color my hair or have plastic surgery...I'll just go with what the Lord gives me. BUT once the gray hair actually started coming in I changed my tune and have added highlights to help hide them. I doubt my opinion of plastic surgery will ever change though...not unless it was medically necessary.

gdeann
07-17-2008, 08:50 AM
I would have all the plastic surgery I could afford, other then I am a HUGE chicken! Way too much pain and suffering for me plus it involves needles, knives etc.

Deelite
07-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Janice if it bothers you I would say go for it girl! A friend of mine had botox. She said it was just little pin pricks. As for the brown spot you can get that bleached. It doesn't hurt to go to the doc and ask what he would recommend and then you can make a decision. Send us some hot weather over here. It has been rainning almost everyday. I have only swam a few days in our pool.

Girls I will try to get back later. I got to go get ready for the Y class.
Drink your water.

Deelite
07-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey ladies I am off and running again. I have to pack up the trailer.

I am thinking of you all.
Suzy you must be excited about what the sexes are of your grand babies. Maybe you will get a boy.
Cheryl wait a little longer honey before you have another baby. No rushing it, enjoy Jake.
Gayle how you go out geocaching this weekend. We are going to go. Maybe by monday you will recieve the coin, if you haven't today. Hugs to you.
Janice enjoy the rest of your holidays. At least if it is hot you can jump in the pool.
Shelley you need to post more here. We don't know much about how you are doing. I miss you.

Better run lots to do.

ShelleyM
07-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Sorry Dee, I am over at SP and WW so much. I try to get on here as often as possible.

Janice-I say go for it!! If I had the $$ I would be getting all kinds of stuff done to my sagging face.

coles
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks for your input ladies. I am going next Thursday for a consultation. I will keep you posted. I will do before and after pics too.

Deelite
07-17-2008, 07:27 PM
Shelley what does SP stand for? Are you on the ww's board here or the official board? How are you doing weight wise?

Janice I am looking forward to hearing what the doc said and what you decide to do.

4myloves
07-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Wow! We were almost on the 2nd page when I got here this morning! Guess I'll bump us on up to the top for a few minutes again!

SuzyMc
07-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Yesterday was ultrasound day for grandbaby #4 and yes, it's another GIRL! That makes FOUR girls...just imagine the PMS in that house in a few years! :lol:

We will hopefully find out if grandbaby #5 is a boy or girl on Monday. I'm guessing that one is going to be a boy.

ShelleyM
07-19-2008, 06:50 AM
Congrats on another girl, Suzy.

Dee-SP=sparkpeople.

ShelleyM
07-20-2008, 06:32 PM
bumping up so we don't get lost.

coles
07-21-2008, 06:21 AM
Good Morning Ladies,
What are you talking about bumping us up. I have a hard time finding us if I haven't checked in for a couple of days. Let me know so I can bump us up too. I worked the weekend but am back on vacation for the next three weeks. Going to work on "me" - diet, exercise, etc. etc.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

gdeann
07-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Janice, any time one of us post a message we are back at the top of the list. So for example if I didn't want to write all of this, I could just type in a short word such as BUMP and it would be enough to get us to the top of the list again. ;-)

SuzyMc
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Personally, I don't like "bumping". I think if you are going to take the time to post then you should at least post something and not just "bump". Let us know how you are doing or if you don't have anything worth writing about then just say that you're checking in and all is well. Just sayin'...MHO.

gdeann
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
OOOOPS! I'm guilty of bumping! I know what your saying too Suzy.

Deelite
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys

We had a nice warm dry weekend at the lake. We actually went to an island 2 1/2 hours from here. Haven't been there in years. It was a lot of fun.

Gayle we did some caching this weekend. We found 4 and took a pic of where one was but it was getting to dark to see it in the bush. How about you did you go out and hunt?

Suzy I was so hoping for two little boys for you. Well one more chance....let's cross our fingures. I am sure that everyone will be happy no matter what sex the children are. They are all adorable.

It is suppose to be nice and warm here for the next few days. We really haven't had many warm days. I hope this stays at least a month.

It is my nephew Ethan's birthday today. He is 3. That is my little God Child. The little rug rat was so excited for his birthday that last night he went into his parents bedroom found his presents and openned them. lol. I wonder if his 5 year old brother encouraged him with that. I will find out tonight. We will be having dinner at Richard's. They make awesome ribs. I am looking forward to dinner.

I am still crying everyday for someone that has passed away. I guess I am crying most for sally but also baba and papa too. And of course Jackie too. When do you think that the crying and sadness should stop? I don't know if I should see the doctor in a few weeks or not. I am just really sad. It hurts way to much but I know that is normal to some degree. I just don't know when someone would go for help. I am so glad that you gals are here for me. Because my family doesn't cry it is hard for me to be sad when they don't show it.

Thanks for being there guys.

SuzyMc
07-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Today was ultrasound day for grandbaby #5...
It's a BOY!!!
The best part is that all is well and he is healthy and right on schedule for a Christmas birthday! :D

gdeann
07-21-2008, 10:22 PM
Congrats Suzy! FINALLY a boy!!! Just hope it wasn't a speck on the screen and a girl after all! LOL! Allison was a Dec. 18th baby, what will his due date be??

Dee, we went caching this weekend and racked up 4 more. This is fun!!! Have you done a mystery cache yet? It will have the clues within the clues. FINALLY the only way we found it was to email the man for a hint. The actual coordinates were hidden within a picture posted on the site. We had to import it into our paint program, dump paint on it, then the coordinates popped up! AMAZING! We will place your coin this week, I know the one we sent you has a alert flag next to it saying it needs to be placed soon. Just as soon as we place your coin, I'll let you know. The packet arrived today & THANK YOU so very much for everything! Allison was THRILLED to open it! She took the knife with us tonight in case we needed it for the mystery cache. She decided Canada has cool stuff compared to Kansas.

ShelleyM
07-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Suzy-Congratulations on a boy!!

SuzyMc
07-22-2008, 07:49 AM
The due date for #4 is December 2, but I'm predicting Thanksgiving for her. #5 is due Christmas Eve! The holidays will be busy around our house this year for sure!

gdeann
07-22-2008, 05:25 PM
I had one baby the week after Thanksgiving and the other one a week before Christmas! Holiday time around here is hectic adding in the two birthdays and added expense of gifts.

CONGRATS on the news!

coles
07-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Congratulations Suzy!! Wonderful news.
Dee - I don't think there is a time limit on grief. We miss our loved ones so much and its normal to grieve. Let it out, I think its healthy. Everyone is different and some people keep things bottled up inside. Just take things one day at a time, you know we are here for you when you need us.

ShelleyM
07-23-2008, 06:03 AM
Suzy-Are you good at predicting delivery dates for your daughter?

SuzyMc
07-23-2008, 07:48 AM
Both girls are daughters-in-law and no I'm not that great at predicting due dates...I just have a feeling about this one, so who knows?

Tomorrow I'm heading out to Hershey, PA to a quilt show and shopping for a couple of days with a group of friends. Then next week Tim and I are going to go down to NC for a few days to visit with Travis and DIL now that they are all settled in their new home, so if I'm not around as much that's why. ;)

gdeann
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Have fun Suzy!!! Bring back lots of fabric to start quilting with!

My niece just found out she is expecting too. She is due the last part of March. Her names are: BOY: Camden Charles GIRL: Aleena Marie *Not sure if I have the spelling correct.

Dee, did your packet arrive yet? Is your coin flagged to hurry and place? The one we sent you has a reminder next to it saying it needs to find a new home soon. Do you have a local Hospice office nearby? They offer wonderful services to help you through the grief and to offer support. They also offer a library were you are free to checkout materials. Just a suggestion. Never think your crazy for how your feeling, we all are different in how we grieve and cope.

My dieting has been horrible! Our life consist of running in and out of this house between work, errands, classes etc. I have not had time to prep veggies or do any of the stuff I need to in order to stay on track. The next two weeks is our city celebrations including concert, rodeo etc. ALWAYS a hard time to stay on track.

Deelite
07-23-2008, 12:25 PM
Janice thanks for the support. I will get through it one day at a time. I hope that you enjoyed your holiday.

Suzy have a good time at the quilting show. Love and enjoy being with Travis and his family. We will miss you. Try to post when you can.
Congratulations on a grandboy. Poor kid when he grows up with all these women.

Gayle I am glad to hear that Ali liked the stuff I sent. Tell her to pick something out for herself and not to give it all away. We haven't had a mysterious cache yet. The coin I had should be placed soon as I have had it about a month. I will place the coin that you sent me out this weekend if we have it by then. Hopefully I will get your package soon. I will give you the corodinates once it is placed.
I am not sure where I could get grief counciling material. I guess I could phone the doctors office and ask. He is on holidays for another week though. Thanks for the advise. Maybe I can find something at the library.
As for a quick bite to eat try salad in a bag and use your crock pot. That might help a bit. After this fair you need to get back on track.
By the way how is Liz doing?

It looks like it might rain today. I am going to go out and do a bit of weeding.
Have a good one.

4myloves
07-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Wow! A lot of exciting stuff going on around here!

Suzy, congrats on the boy and girl! I think I've told you before how lucky I think you are! All that :love:

Dee, I agree with Janice--no time limit on grief. Looking into some of the things Gayle was writing about may help. Just know that you never have to hide any of your feelings with us. We're here for you to let you vent and express yourself.

Gayle, I had to go to the courthouse here one day last week. The geocaching web-site said there is a cache located somewhere on the grounds. I was so busy "being observant" of my surroundings that I didn't notice a tree root had caused the sidewalk to buckle! I swear I fell for two minutes before I hit the ground!!! I kept thinking "I'm not going to fall, I'm not going to fall, I'm not going to fall." Then when I hit the ground I could only think "Oh God, please don't let anything be broken" and "Thank you for not letting me be holding Jake!"

Shelley are you working your summer job this year? When does school start back for y'all? I think we only have about 3 more weeks of vacation here.

Deelite
07-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Cheryl do be careful when looking for a cache. There are actual warnings on the gps to watch where you are walking. Larry just about walked off a cliff while looking down at the gps. We tease him all the time about it but it is dangerous.
Thanks for being a friend. ;-)

coles
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Hello everyone,
We are going to the Elvis Festival in Collingwood, Ontario for the weekend. It should be a blast. All those Elvis impersonators. Have been trying to find clothes to wear for two Weddings coming up. One is August 2nd the other august 23rd. Its hard when you "hate" your body.

ShelleyM
07-24-2008, 06:48 AM
Janice-Look how far you have come. I'm sure you will look fabulous in anything you decide to buy for the weddings.

Cheryl-Yes, I have been working all summer. School begins Aug. 18, but the teachers return Aug 5. A couple of other people start back Monday. Right now it has been rather boring, since I am mostly alone. This is the calm before the storm though. Today I think I might tackle one of the back rooms in the office and throw out a bunch of stuff.

Deelite
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
Shelley it is a good time to do cleanning while you aren't to busy at work but remember to take time for yourself too.

Janice do you know what type of clothing you want to buy for the wedding? Elvis impersonaters....wow what a blast that will be. Have fun.

Gayle no package yet. I am hoping that I will get it tomorrow.

I am just waiting for my sis Gail to come down. The last two times she said she was coming she ditched out on me.

I haven't been sleeping well. My back and leg are so painful right now that it even keeps me up. I think it might be from the gardening. No more gardening today. If I do the pain might get worse and then I will need the loony bin with all the extra oxcontin that I am taking.

Enjoy the summer day.

Deelite
07-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Gayle I got the package. I love the wooden nickels. Cool! the coin is well done. I will let you know when I get it to a cache. I am going to take a pic first though before I send it on. Thanks. It is great that we were able to trade coins.

coles
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Just checking in to see how everyone is. Dee - be careful with your back and don't overdo things.
I'm not sure what kind of a dress I want, I do have great legs so something shorter, maybe to the knee. My legs are the only great part of by body right now!

gdeann
07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Janice, you were doing so great and will continue to do so. You are a beautiful person! Show off those legs girl!

Dee, glad the package arrived, I was getting nervous. Steve is placing your coin tonight out of town. I'll let you know the details Friday when he gets back.

Ok girls! I need you to cross every finger and toe you have and to say an extra prayer for me tonight!!! We get to go to a pre concert kick-off party for Jo Dee Messina Friday night. It is registered in Steves name and we are entered to win an all expense paid cruise to a private, all inclusive island for a week!!!! PRAYERS PLEASE! I may still get my cruise! There are only 100 people registered, so we have a 1 in 100 shot at this thing. :-)

Deelite
07-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Oh Gayle that is so exciting. You deserve this. Do you know the law about the law of gravity? If you don't that is ok.....just picture yourself there on the cruise. No wait start at the beginning where they call you name and you have to go to the front. Then go through the cruise in your head like you are there. You can do it girl. I will attract from Canada. It is a big universe. What is the name and place of the cruise? It helps to have more details. When is it?
Right on girl!
I place your coin last night. I will give you details this afternoon. I am adicted, I am adicted!

I will post later I am off to the Y.

Deelite
07-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Gayle are you going to the parade and bikini beach party at Dodge City Days? Sure is a lot of cowboys down your way. Any good looking ones? I got a pair stirups I could put on.....lol
Do you go over to the Gunsmoke Travel Park for a swim, or is it only for campers? Gee Larry and I could come and camp out across fronm your place. Ali and I could go geocaching together. I could bring some good Canadian Cache prises.
I have to admit I love the fools gold you sent me. I am a rock collector. I think I am going to have to keep that little nugget for myself. You will have to tell Ali to keep looking for a bigger one for me.
We have the same animals around home here as the post card you sent me. Last weekend we must have seen a dozen little red foxes. They are cute and curious.

So what is everyone else got planned for the weekend while Gayle is checking out the cowboys?
We will be going out to the beach tomorrow to Larry's Boss Micheals cabin. It is only 45 minutes away. We are hoping to pick some strawberries first so that I can make some jam.
On sunday we are having the kids over for salmon cooked on a cedar plank. I think that I will make stuffed peppers with rice and mushrooms too. I will either make a pecan pie or a fruit pizza. Fun, fun, fun.

This morning after aqua we all headed over to the golf course where Jay got married and had lunch. We often go for lunch there. It is so pretty looking at all the flowers and the golf greens. There are large windows in the dining room. Well since I have been out all morning I should go and get something done.

gdeann
07-27-2008, 12:02 PM
We went to both events Dee and I didn't win the cruise... we are going to the rodeo later this week so I'll check out a few of those cowboys for you! I'll keep my eye out for some unusual rocks. Do you have limestone in your area? It is a native stone to Kansas. What the indians used to carve arrow heads. Have you ever seen an arrow head?

Bumping up, we were getting lost!

ShelleyM
07-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Hey everyone! I have been MIA here again.

Gayle-Sorry you didn't win that cruise, but do checkout them there cowboys.

Dee-How was the beach?

Janice-How is the dress shopping going?

I am still doing well with my exercise and journaling. I went by to see the LA Fitness gym that I joined and it will be opening Aug 21, just in time for me to be childless forever. It's a gorgeous place. Can't wait.

SuzyMc
07-28-2008, 07:15 AM
Wow...y'all have been busy! It sounds like everyone had a nice weekend though! I had a wonderful time in Hershey...it was a quilter's dream trip filled with quilts, fabric shopping, and chocolate! Now we're gearing up to get ready for our trip to NC to see Travis and Noell on Thursday.

Deelite
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Suzy I am glad that you had a wonderful trip. Now for the big one....going to see Travis. Enjoy the moments and make those memories.

Gayle I was hoping so much that you would win. Oh well I guess checking out the cowboys will have to do. We have limestone quarries here. I haven't got an arrow head in my collection. I have seen them though.

Shelley it will be nice to go into a new gym. With the girls gone you will have more time for yourself. Good for you on the journaling.

Janice any luck with the dress? Go short girl, you sexy mama.

I have a busy week. My girlfriend is off and we will be together most of the week. It is here birthday tomorrow. I have a dinner tonight with the girls from the Y. On friday we will be heading out to the lake with Jay and Ash. That takes lots of planning and prep. I also want to have a girlfriend of mine over from the Y.
On the weekend larry picked strawberries and I made jam yesterday. Yummy. The kids came over for salmon cooked on a cedar plank and stuffed peppers with rice and italian sausage. We also had french green beans with coleslaw and topped it off with lattes and fruit pizza.
It was a very busy weekend. We also spent the day and long into the night at the beach and a fair.

I will try to post everyday this week but not sure how much time I will have.

ShelleyM
07-29-2008, 06:33 AM
Dee-Your weekend sounds like it was very nice, and your week to come sounds enjoyable.

Suzy-Enjoy your time with Travis.

4myloves
07-29-2008, 09:26 AM
I sent you all something on your e-mails. It's an invitation to join an AC Neilson shopping panel. I've been on it for years. They send you a little scanner, kind of like the ones they use at Wal-Mart or Sam's, and each time you go shopping you scan the UPC codes on your purchases. Then once a week you transmit what you buy. You earn gift points that you can redeem for merchandise like grills, flashlights, play pens, dooney & bourke and coach purses and all sorts of other GOOD stuff. The points build up really quickly.

Anyway, none of you have to do it, I just wanted to let you know what that "strange" e-mail was all about. :)

Deelite
07-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Good Morning ladies,

We had a wonderful dinner or should I say feast last night at our dear friend from the Y. She served 4 appetizers, 8 salads, 4 kinds of meat, hred velvet cake, cho covered strawberries, brownies, cho moose with fresh fruit, what ever beverage your heart would desire. Everything was made by scratch. Awesome is all I could say. That was a lot of work.

Today is my friend Cindy's birthday. We are walking downtown to th Forks where two rivers meet. It is now a beautiful park with many restaurants to choose from for lunch. Gayle this is where the weather station is that I dropped off the coin.

Vivian's BIL and sister are in town to try and finish off going through the houses. We will probably have to get together with them tonight or tomorrow.

Cheryl I will go and check out your email. I am not sure if we will be able to use it in canada but I see.

Shelley thanks for checking in.

ShelleyM
07-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Cheryl-Sounds very interesting. I wasn't sure what is was. Now that I do know, I have applied. Thanks!

SuzyMc
07-30-2008, 07:33 AM
We're getting ready to leave for NC. I don't know how much time I'll have for the computer while we're gone, but I'll try and check in if I can. Take care everyone!

Deelite
07-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Have fun Suzy. Love the kids as the memories are important.

Do you guys know the song "There goes my reason for living....there goes the one of my dreams? Papa was a singer and cut a cd with this song. I am just listening to his cd. The tears are streaming down my face missing them dearly. I thought when I started to listen to it that hearing there voices was good and that I was healing. He had that song played at baba's funeral. Baba also sang on the cd. While it is very special and like they are here it hurts so much hearing there voices. I think of Sally and how we shared this cd in PV. Viv was sitting there so proud of the cd. Sally played it after they both passed away. Boy it hurts. So many special people (hardly discriptive enough) that we have lost so close together.

Thanks for being there girls. I wish that there was someone that would cry too, but they don't even want to talk about it, hardly cry. Hugs would be nice and understanding. I think that is what makes this even harder.

Thanks again. I wish you were all closer so I could come and collect hugs. I love you guys!

4myloves
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
:cry: :grouphug: :hug:

gdeann
07-30-2008, 03:41 PM
Dee, it's hard enough to suffer through one death, let alone what you have been through this year. They say time heals all wounds, maybe while listening to the CD it can become therapy for you knowing their time here was filled with wonderful moments and now they have eternal happiness. :hug: hugs, sweetie!

ShelleyM
07-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Dee-You have gone through so much pain the last few years, not on physically, but mentally as well. You are loved so much by all your friends here and around you. You are constantly in my prayers.

Deelite
07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks girls it means so much to me to have all of your support. I am busy packing up to go to the lake. I will miss you ladies.
Gayle check out those cowboys for me ;-)

coles
07-31-2008, 08:17 PM
My computer crashed and I just got a new computer tonight. I will catch up with everyone in the morning. I missed you guys!

ShelleyM
08-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Guess What??? Carol is on facebook now! I will be "talking to her!"

gdeann
08-01-2008, 09:09 AM
I guess I need to go check out facebook again. I can't seem to get into it probably because I'm not sure how it all works.

Went to the PRCA rodeo last night. Just HAD to check out the cowboys for you girls. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Going back tonight too. I'll make sure I get in a few more looks for all of you. Tomorrow is filled with craftshow, gunfight and a rock concert in the park with one of our local bands.

Dee, you asked about Liz. she is doing well, likes the area and people. Working at the hospital part time ER and part time pre admissions. LOVES the ER and hopes it will turn full time. Since she has been there she has had a horrible tooth issue. The tooth was so infected it was causing earaches etc. After two rounds of antibiotics he was able to pull the one tooth and put a temp. filling in the other this past week. She will go back in Sept. to see what needs done next. She has never had a cavity, pulled tooth etc. then for it all to hit at once, she was not doing well there for awhile. Things are looking really good now.

gdeann
08-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Hmmm...a little birdie told me one of the chickies here will be having a birthday tomorrow...

gdeann
08-02-2008, 12:39 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANICE!

Hoping you have a very special day filled with wonderful memories!

:woohoo::bday2you::woohoo:

coles
08-02-2008, 08:08 AM
Thank you Gayle, we are going to a Wedding this afternoon so that's where I'll be for my 53rd BD.

ShelleyM
08-03-2008, 07:27 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANICE!!:bday2you:

4myloves
08-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Janice--Hope your birthday was a wonderful and special as you are!!!!

We love you!

coles
08-05-2008, 08:04 AM
Hope everyone had a good weekend. The wedding we went to was very nice. They got married on a family farm and just as they were coming down the aisle it poured. Doug and I went under a spruce tree and stayed fairly dry. The reception was at a hall. Last week I had filler put in my face and had photorejuvenation done on my face and neck. It hurt a bit but "no pain, no gain" I guess. It will take about a month to see the end results. I need to get back on track with my diet. I have a hard time sticking with it. How is everyone else doing?
Thank you all for the Birthday Wishes.

gdeann
08-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Poor couple! Weather is my biggest fear when planning an outdoor event. You just never know. Sounds like it was fun though!
Good luck with the precedure healing Janice. I know nothing about any of it probably because it would involved cutting or a needle. I am a big scardy cat! Thank goodness I have never broken a bone or required surgery!
My dieting has been horrible! We had two weeks of town celebrations etc. Steve went out of town today for a few days. Time to get back on track. I can feel the affects of poor eating too, just not feeling good. Lets start fresh! You have done great up to this point!

SuzyMc
08-05-2008, 09:16 AM
We are home and had a wonderful trip! The base is very nice and the kid's home is beautiful. We got to meet Travis' dog and see her run through the obstacle course...very impressive! We swam in the ocean, went to the aquarium, ate fresh seafood, shopped, visited Beaufort and did all the tourist things there...a walking tour through an old cemetery, a boat ride around Carrot Island where there are wild horses, more shopping and ate more fresh seafood. I'm telling you...seafood in Pennsylvania will never be the same! It was a wonderful trip and I was sad to leave, but it's good to be back home too. Now to get back on the diet...even with all the walking and swimming I still managed to put on a couple of pounds while we were gone! :(

Happy birthday Janice! I hope your day was wonderful!

coles
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
It is such a struggle to not eat "junk" I love all the wrong things. I am back to trying my hardest to get this weight off once and for all. Doug goes to bed about 7:30 I can't sleep that early so I am up till 10 or so. That is when I graze. I am trying to eat special K instead of cookies etc. Anyone have any ideas for low cal snacks?

gdeann
08-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Janice, here are some of my favorites: veggie sticks w/LF ranch dressing, fruit, frozen banana, turkey pepperoni, string cheese, cheez-it crackers, SF jello cups. I'm having a struggle too.... {{{HUGS}}}

Deelite
08-06-2008, 09:44 AM
Hi Ladies I am just popping in for two seconds.

Happy Belated Birthday Janice. It is nice to be pampered at a wedding for your birthday. Too bad about the rain.

Got to run, love you all.

Deelite
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Hi guys

It has been quiet around here. I think in general everyone gets busy at summer time.

Well we need to start thinking of getting our acts together and watching what we eat. Lets lay off the sweets a little.

Janice I can't wait to see before and after pictures. Good for you for having something done. I hope that you are happy with the results.

I have been busy this week unpacking and now repacking. I am going to be gone for about 10 days. Larry will be home mon-fri so I will be alone. Anyone want to join me? I am beach front.

I think that going camping is a good thing for me given my state of mind. It has been a rough year.

gdeann
08-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I would LOVE to join you Dee! Too bad finances and schedule won't allow it. I STILL think one of these years we need to schedule a group cruise. All of us here and our spouses. OR, instead of a cruise, do an all inclusive resort. We checked into it and the prices are really decent. Think how cool it would be to have all of us together! Kinda scary too! We know how onery that Cheryl can be! :-)

Deelite
08-07-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah Gayle that would be awesome. We could get in some real trouble. lol

gdeann
08-07-2008, 11:31 PM
I have a feeling Dee, you & I would be the best behaved of the group! LOL!

ShelleyM
08-08-2008, 05:56 AM
Yea, right (NOT)!!!!

Janice-I make soy milk popsicles using light soy milk and Davinci sf syrup. I usually eat 2 or 3 at night, but then I again I fall asleep before 8.

coles
08-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Thank you for the snack ideas. It would be a blast to all get together. Yes of course Dee and Gayle would be on their best behavior??

Deelite
08-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Of course you gals, you know that we are shy and interverted! ;-)

If we were on a cruise we probably wouldn't even come out of the cabin.

Shelley your popsicles sounds yummy. I will have to make some up.

I won't be posting til I am back so be on your best behavior and watch what eat!

gdeann
08-08-2008, 12:29 PM
Hey, I could even make sugar free jello shots for our get together! Nothing like trying to still stay on plan. LOL!

FYI: Jello shots are 1-2 oz. cups of jello using liquor in place of the water.

SuzyMc
08-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Good morning and happy weekend all!

I've been busy catching up with things around the house after all the traveling I've done over the last couple of weeks. Looks like it will be a quiet weekend for us...just a short picnic tomorrow afternoon at the personal care home where Tim's aunt lives.

How is everyone else's weekend going?

gdeann
08-10-2008, 12:06 AM
Have fun Suzy! We had to end the picnics & potlucks here at our facility. New State rules regarding food needing to be prepackaged instead of individually prepared. The residents LOVED the meals I think mainly because family was coming in. How is auntie doing??? Sounds like you have a load just trying to play catchup after the last two weeks away.

Shelley, how is life going? You seem kinda quite but I also know your getting ready for school to start again. Are you still doing the other position in the later afternoons? How are you going to feel child free at home???

coles
08-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Rain - Rain thats all we see these days. I go back to work tomorrow after being off most of the summer. YUCK! I'm going to start my Christmas shopping today. Try to get a few things each payday so its not such an expense later. What is everyone else up to?

gdeann
08-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Hi Janice! Great minds think alike!~ I am doing the same thing with Christmas this year. I have a feeling it is going to be snug around here. Some of the people I have visited with are beginning to purchase tiolet paper, cleaning supplies, etc. in bulk to store away because of the fear of rising prices. Our heating bills are expected to double this winter.

4myloves
08-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Whoo-hoo!! I was just checking out cruise prices awhile ago--before I even came here! Great minds, huh?

Speaking of not leaving the room......Stewart and I are going to Tunica on Thursday. A friend is keeping Jake--his 1st sleep over!--so Stewart and I are going to spend the night! We've already made reservations, and we stopped by the liquor store on Saturday and STOCKED UP. I also plan to partake of the free liquor on the floor every chance I get. I plan on getting torn up--or is it tore down? I haven't been drunk in forever--it's a rare thing for me as I'm usually a glass (or bottle) with dinner type.

I was offered a job teaching English Comp I at our local community college last Thursday. The offer is a part time position, one class for a semester. I'll only have to take 2 hours of leave to teach because the class is Monday and Wednesday from 13:30-1:45, so it covers my lunch break. I've always wanted to teach--this government job just happened (but I'm GLAD I have it!!!!)--so this will be a great chance to see what it's like to actually live my dream. If all goes well, and I actually finish my Master's degree, this could turn into something more!

coles
08-12-2008, 09:40 AM
Cheryl - I am proud of you! you will be a great teacher. Have a blast on your get away with Stewart.
I think its going to be a tough time for everyone with gas prices etc constantly going up. I am a "shopper" for fun person. I made a budget that I am going to stick to. I will watch flyers for things on sale and hopefully keep finances on track.
Went back to work yesterday - Yuck! I really enjoyed being off most of the summer.

gdeann
08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Janice, I thought you were a dietian in an assisted living facility? Do the old people not eat during the summer months??? LOL! I'm confused on your job I guess. I have been trying to have "mindful purchasing" too. I ask myself twice before I buy. i have a feeling Christmas is going to be snug here.

Cheryl, you little sex kitten! Enjoy your romp away with Stew! Loosen up, relax and enjoy the time having a drink or two or three... make all the noise you want, you can't wake the baby up! LOL! FYI: It's tore up/stripped down!!

gdeann
08-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Cheryl, congrats on the job offer too!! I think it sounds like a very good opportunity for you to stretch those wings and experience just a taste of teaching. GO FOR IT!

coles
08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Gayle - I am a Nutrition Manager, a dietitian has a lot more education than I have. I answer to the Dietitain. She follows the high risk residents and I follow the moderate and low risk residents. We have casuals that fill in when we take vacation. When I got back yesterday my manager called me in and said she didn't want me taking that many holidays at once next year.
Its funny she takes weeks at a time but doesn't want me to. Oh Well!!
Trying to get back on track with the dieting. It is such a struggle. I lose and then I gain. I had lost 17 pounds following the BL diet and gained back 10 of them. Can't seem to keep my hands out of the cookie jar. This morning I threw all the cookies in the house out to the squirrels.
If I could keep all the junk food out of the house life would be so much easier. It wouldn't be fair to Doug though. Maybe a need to put it in a container with a lock that I don't have the combo to.

4myloves
08-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Poor (or lucky?) squirrels! :lol:

4myloves
08-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Gayle, I'm putting something in the mail for you today......Maybe you could send it to another Floozie after you've finished with it?

gdeann
08-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Sounds great Cheryl! Excited to find out what it is!!!!

SuzyMc
08-13-2008, 01:52 PM
I have the same problem...I can't stay away from the cookies. Exercise has been tough this summer too. The pneumonia that I had in July agrivated my asthma and on top of that I've been having trouble with my heels and it really hurts to walk. I've been hoping that rest would help both things, but I don't think it's making any difference. I guess I'm going to have to break down and make a trip to the doctor. :p

gdeann
08-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Suzy, I had heel problems forever until I purchased a set of insoles at the pharmacy upon recommendation of a patient of a foot doctor. Spenco Orthotics and Insoles >> they are blue and come full foot or half foot. The base is black hard plastic. One could never imagine a hard piece of plastic being good for the foot, but it is! I wear mine in my work shoes and Steve does too. At first they are a bit uncomfortable, but they really do help. They are a bit expensive (I think) but worth it. If memory serves me, I think in the $25.00 price range. I was doing the wrong things of trying to find a cushie shoe and adding gel pads etc. I really needed the firm support instead. Maybe it may help you out as well.

SuzyMc
08-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the information Gayle! I've been thinking like you were, that I need more cushion or new shoes and I stopped going barefoot. Where do you buy these inserts?

gdeann
08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Let me do some searching to see if I can find a link. We have them here at our local pharmacy. Where on your heel do you have the most pain? I use to have some areas that were so sore I could barley apply pressure with my fingertips. My inside outer edge of the heel area was the worse! OUCH!!

gdeann
08-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Suzy, watch the email, I sent you a link. They are green, not blue like I thought.

SuzyMc
08-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks Gayle! I got the information that you sent and I'll see if I can find a pair today.

coles
08-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Suzy - I had the same problem with my one heel a few months ago. I went for therapy with laser and ultrasound and learned stretches. I also got the inserts for my shoes. My doctor said if I stopped wearing the inserts the pain would be back. I bought one pair that cost me $300 and one pair that cost me $6.00 you know I can't tell the difference. I put the inserts under the insert that come with shoes. Good luck.
Well this is it. I have to get back on track with my eating. I've had cherrios with blueberries and yogurt for breakfast. I'm having a turkey burger with an Weight watchers bun and salad for lunch and a chicken breast and mixed veggies for supper. Snacks will be raw veggies or fruit. I hope I can stick to it.

4myloves
08-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello hello!!

Today is my Friday, so I thought I stop by and shout out a hey!

I don't really have problems with my feet (other than being cracked and dry dry dry because I haven't had the time for my bi-weekly summer pedicures since having the baby), BUT ever since February, my hips hurt. It's not in the "spread", but in my hip bones. I think it's the mattress that's on our beds. Throws me out of whack.

I hope all of you have a GREAT week-end.

I hope I hit a GREAT jackpot!

Cheryl

SuzyMc
08-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Thanks so much for the advice girls! I got the inserts yesterday and could feel a difference immediately! My heels are still sore, but the pain is less intense, so I think they are going to help. Of course, it probably wouldn't hurt to get the rest of this weight off too...when I was 145 I had a lot less aches and pains!

gdeann
08-15-2008, 09:19 PM
WHOO-HOO SUZY! Glad you can see a difference so soon! I hardly ever have heel pain now even if I'm not wearing the inserts daily. Sounds crazy to think something so firm will help, but it really will.

Cheryl sweetie! Received the letter today...THANK YOU! Hmmmmm...now thinking who I want to pass the "gift" on to..... I say we keep the "item" a secret and let it get passed around? WONDERFUL & CREATIVE idea by the way! :-)

ShelleyM
08-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow, where have I been? There were pages to read. Suzy, you probably have plantar faciitis. That's how my feet problems started 2 years ago.

My baby girl left today, and I feel so lost. I miss her so much already. She has always been around to help me pick my clothes out, etc. I don't know what I'm going to do without her here.

School has been very busy, and the first day is tomorrow, plus we have Fay headed our way. I will still be working daycare on Tues and Friday, but I am staying this Monday also, unless the school gets closed for the storm. I have to stay busy and try to keep my mind off being lonely. We will just have to start being old folks without kids around until some grandkids come into the scene.

gdeann
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
{{{HUGS}}} Shelley! I know exactly how you feel. I miss Liz since she moved to another state. Thank goodness for cell phones & email! Missed you around here too! Sounds like your super busy!

Deelite
08-17-2008, 11:18 PM
Hi Ladies just walked in the door less than an hour ago. Just wanted to pop in and say I am back and missed you all. I will post more tomorrow.

coles
08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
Suzy - hope your heel is feeling better. Plantar facitis (sp) is what I have in my heel too. The inserts will help as well as stretches. If you type in the name there are websites that show you how to stretch that part of your heel. Good luck.
Welcome back Dee hope you had a nice time.
I worked all weekend - 12 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday. I am having a hard time getting back on track with working. I was off most of the summer. Looks like a beautiful week ahead weather wise. I hope to get some pool time.
Have a great day girls. Gotta run.

4myloves
08-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I did not hit a jackpot on our trip. I did get wasted, though, so I kept up that end of my deal to myself. I slept good, too!

Shelley, I've been worrying about you all week-end! I'm still worried--I haven't watched the weather any today, so I don't know if Fay hit land or what she was catagorized when/if she did. Just stay safe, please!!

Gayle, did you register? I checked earlier and didn't see an update, but I'll check again later, just in case. I like the idea of keeping it "secret" until whoever gets it sees what it is. Have you decided who you're sending him, um, er, IT to next?

ShelleyM
08-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Fay is due to hit us sometime early morning. School was cancelled for tomorrow. Hopefully, it won't be a big deal. We just have to wait it out and see. It was total pandemonium today at school, being the first day. Now since no school tomorrow, Wed. will be another 1st day (if we are back in school by then.)

Cheryl-Aw, shucks! Too bad you didn't hit a jackpot!

gdeann
08-18-2008, 08:41 PM
And the winner is: SHELLEY! I put all the names/address' I had in a hat and drew your name. I will be passing Cheryls "gift" on to you. Hopefully when you finish with it, you can pass it on to another in this group.

BTW: I hope you stay SAFE during the storm. I will be thinking/praying for you!

gdeann
08-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I registered Cheryl!

Dee, buddy oh pal! Happy to see you back with us! How was the holiday? Did you oggle any good looking guys in speedo's for us? LOL!

Janice, I hope you get back into the swing of things. I self diagnosed myself and I think I have Plantar Ficus too. The insoles do wonders!

I have to go in early in the morning to the funeral home. Another resident passed away and the family wants me to do her hair. Seems like we have so much illness and death there. Guess I should expect it since it is an assisted living facility.

Deelite
08-18-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Guys, sorry I haven't posted yet today. I haven't even had a chance to read the posts. It has been a busy one getting laundry and gardening done. Hopefully tomorrow I will post. Larry is away in St Louis so I should have more time on my hands once I get this house in order.

Miss you guys.

ShelleyM
08-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Just wanted to pop in and let you know it is very windy and rainy out, but seems to be fine with Fay upon us.

ShelleyM
08-19-2008, 06:13 AM
Okay! I'll have to see what this gift is you are talking about, then I will send it on!

coles
08-19-2008, 07:18 AM
We had a terrible storm last night. I was on my way home from work and had to pull over for about half an hour and wait it out.
Gift - what gift?

Deelite
08-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Huh, gift looks like we have some investigating to do......I am off to the gym this morning but will check in later.

Just wanted to say that I am happy to hear on the news that Fay looks like it is down graded to a tropical storm. I was worried about you Shelley.

4myloves
08-19-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm glad Fay was downgraded, too! Shelley, enjoy your windy, rainy weather!

Dee, great to see you back!

Suzy, I hope you have fun during your "alone" time. Maybe you'll get something good from St. Louis!

Gayle, you're quite welcome ;)

Janice, hmmmmmm........ You'll just have to wait and see :)

Does everyone still have their address list? If you need someone's, PM me and if I have it I'll send it to you.

gdeann
08-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Glad your ok Shelley! Been worried about you!

Deelite
08-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Janice wow that sounded like some storm. We have only been having hot sunny weather here. You didn't get it from me.
How are you making out with your eatting plan?

Shelley it is hard when are kids leave home but you will adapt. It will be a big celebration when they come home. Is Mike still working?

Cheryl look what you started now. Everyone's a little curious. Stewart should take you and spank you.

Gayle I am sorry to hear that another resident passed away. Funerals suck. I hate death. It is so hard for the people left behind. I talked to Uncle Albert last night for almost two hours. He said it is so hard to believe that Sally is gone. He keeps thinking that she will come around the corner at any minute.

Suzy how was you visit with the kids? I bet you had an awesome time.
Are you back on track and watching what you are eatting?

I thought that I better weigh myself this morning since I haven't been to weight watchers for months. I expected the scale would show a weight gain of 2-5 pounds. I was hoping for no more than that. Well I couldn't believe it I weight the same! I am so happy that I didn't gain. My clothes fit the same but I thought that I looked bigger.

Well today I am going to go shopping for Larry's birthday. Hopefully I will find something.

4myloves
08-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Cheryl look what you started now. Everyone's a little curious. Stewart should take you and spank you.

Ooooohhhhhh, I totally agree :devil:

gdeann
08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Naughty, naughty little Cheryl!!!

Deelite
08-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Gayle your turn next....

Gayle how is the caching going? We found a few up at St Malo beach. Guess what one of them was in? A tree trunk had a hole at the stump and a small log placed in front. Thank goodness Larry moved the log and looked in.....There was a black rat looking at us! Yuck. That was where the log book was hidden. It was a rubber one but looked so real! good idea though.
Larry took the GPS with him to St Louis. I don't know if he will have time look though.

Hope you are all having a good night. Cheyl should I send over my bulls whip?

coles
08-20-2008, 06:19 AM
You girls are being BAD again. You all need a spanking.
Dee - I was hoping nobody would notice I haven't talked about weight lately. I have gained back most of what I lost. I was down 17 pounds and gained back 9 of those pounds. I get so discouraged. I can't seem to stay motivated to keep losing and keep it off. Any suggestions! I hate being so weak.

Deelite
08-20-2008, 11:56 AM
Janice first of all you are still DOWN 8 POUNDS. So don't be discourged. Pick up and read the book from Dr Phil. I haven't read it but I know that it has helped a lot of people. Remember that isn't a diet it is a change of the way we eat, a change of life style. It is ok to have a piece of cake but just not the whole thing. Portion contorl is important. Remember when you eat that you will naturally sigh when you are full. Stop eatting then. The first bite tastes the best so you don't have to eat every last bite.
I am not sure what clicked with me but I know I keep a picture of me when I was heavier in the kitchen and look at it from time to time. I changed my eatting habits. I only have dessert once a week unless there is a special occassion. Fruit is my dessert. Reducing my sugar really helped me. I eat less starches and more veggies. And I exercise regularly but I always have.

You can do it. You have to believe in yourself.

gdeann
08-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Thought this was worth sharing!

Good information!

Through a Rapist's Eyes (No Joke)

Please pass it along and share it with your children.

A group of rapists and date rapists in prison were interviewed on what they look for in a potential victim and here are some interesting facts:

1) The first thing men look for in a potential victim is hairstyle. They are most likely to go after a woman with a ponytail, bun, braid or other hairstyle that can easily be grabbed . They are also likely to go after a woman with long hair . Women with short hair are not common targets.

2) The second thing men look for is clothing. They will look for women who's clothing is easy to remove quickly. Many of them carry scissors around specifically to cut clothing.

3) They also look for women on their cell phone, searching through their purse, or doing other activities while walking because they are off-guard and can be easily overpowered.

4) Men are most likely to attack & rape in the early morning, between 5: 00a.m. and 8:30a.m.

5) The number one place women are abducted from/attacked is grocery store parking lots. The number two: office parking lots/garages. Number three: public restrooms.

6) The thing about these men is that they are looking to grab a woman and quickly move her to another location where they don't have to worry about getting caught.

7) Only 2% said they carried weapons because rape carries a 3-5 year sentence but rape with a weapon is 15-20 years.

8) If you put up any kind of a fight at all, they get discouraged because it only takes a minute or two for them to realize that going after you isn't worth it because it will be time-consuming.

9) These men said they would not pick on women who have umbrellas, or other similar objects that can be used from a distance, in their hands

Keys are NOT a deterrent because you have to get really close to the attacker to use them as a weapon. So, the idea is to convince these guys you're not worth it.

10) Several defense mechanisms he taught us are: If someone is following behind you on a street or in a garage or with you in an elevator or stairwell, look them in the face and ask them a question, like what time is it?, or make general small talk: 'I can't believe it is so cold out here,' 'We're in for a bad winter.' Now you've seen their face and could identify them in a line-up; you lose appeal as a target.

11) If someone is coming toward you, hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP! or STAY BACK! Most of the rapists this man talked to said they'd leave a woman alone if she yelled or showed that she would not be afraid to fight back. Again, they are looking for an EASY target.

12) If you carry pepper spray (this instructor was a huge advocate of it and carries it with him wherever he goes), yell I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY and holding it out will be a deterrent.

13) If someone grabs you, you can't beat them with strength but you can by outsmarting them. If you are grabbed around the waist from behind, pinch the attacker either under the Arm (between the elbow and armpit) OR in the upper inner thigh VERY VERY HARD. One woman in a class this guy taught told him she used the underarm pinch on a guy who was trying to date rape her and was so upset she broke through the skin and tore out muscle strands - the guy needed stitches. Try pinching yourself in those places as hard as you can stand it - it hurts.

14) After the initial hit, always GO for the GROIN. I know from a particularly unfortunate experience that if you slap a guy's parts it is extremely painful. You might think that you'll anger the guy and make him want to hurt you more, but the thing these rapists told our instructor is that they want a woman who will not cause a lot of trouble. Start causing trouble and he's out of there.

15) When the guy puts his hands up to you, grab his first two fingers and bend them back as far as possible with as much pressure pushing down on them as possible. The instructor did it to me without using much pressure, and I ended up on my knees and both knuckles cracked audibly.

16) Of course the things we always hear still apply. Always be aware of your surroundings, take someone with you if you can and if you see any odd behavior, don't dismiss it, go with your instincts!!!

You may feel a little silly at the time, but you'd feel much worse if the guy really was trouble.

1. Tip from Tae Kwon Do : The elbow is the strongest point on your body. If you are close enough to use it, do!

2. Learned this from a tourist guide in New Orleans : If a robber asks for your wallet and/or purse, DO NOT HAND IT TO HIM. Toss it away from you....chances are that he is more interested in your wallet and/or purse than you, and he will go for the wallet/purse. RUN LIKE MAD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION!

3. If you are ever thrown into the trunk of a car, kick out the back tail lights and stick your arm out the hole and start waving like crazy. The driver won't see you, but everybody else will. This has saved lives.

4. Women have a tendency to get into their cars after shopping, eating, working, etc, and just sit (doing their checkbook, or making a list, etc.) DON'T DO THIS! The predator will be watching you, and this is the perfect opportunity for him to get in on the passenger side, put a gun to your head, and tell you where to go. AS SOON AS YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, LOCK THE DOORS AND LEAVE.

a. If someone is in the car with a gun to your head DO NOT DRIVE OFF, repeat: DO NOT DRIVE OFF! Instead gun the engine and speed into anything, wrecking the car. Your Air Bag will save you. If the person is in the back seat they will get the worst of it. As soon as the car crashes bail out and run. It is better than having them find your body in a remote location.

5 A few notes about getting into your car in a parking lot or parking garage:

A.) Be aware: look around you, look into your car, at the passenger side floor, and in the back seat.

B.) If you are parked next to a big van, enter your car from the passenger door. Most serial killers attack their victims by pulling them into their vans while the women are attempting to get into their cars.

C.) Look at the car parked on the driver's side of your vehicle, and the passenger side. If a male is sitting alone in the seat nearest your car, you may want to walk back into the mall, or work, and get a guard/policeman to walk you back out.

IT IS ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. (And better paranoid than dead.)

6. ALWAYS take the elevator instead of the stairs. (Stairwells are horrible places to be alone and the perfect crime spot. This is especially true at NIGHT!)

7. If the predator has a gun and you are not under his control, ALWAYS RUN! The predator will only hit you (a running target) 4 in 100 times. And even then, it most likely WILL NOT be a vital organ. RUN, preferably in a zigzag pattern!

8. As women, we are always trying to be sympathetic: STOP! It may get you raped or killed. Ted Bundy, the serial killer, was a good-looking, well-educated man, who ALWAYS played on the sympathies of unsuspecting women. He walked with a cane, or a limp, and often asked 'for help' into his vehicle or with his vehicle, which is when he abducted his next victim.

9. Another Safety Point: Someone just told me that her friend heard a crying baby on her porch the night before last, and she called the police because it was late and she thought it was weird. The police told her 'Whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.'

The lady then said that it sounded like the baby had crawled near a window, and she was worried that it would crawl to the street and get run over. The policeman said, 'We already have a unit on the way, whatever you do, DO NOT open the door.' He told her that they think a serial killer has a baby's cry recorded and uses it to coax women out of their homes thinking that someone dropped off a baby. He said they have not verified it, but have had several calls by women saying that they hear baby's cries outside their doors when they're home alone at night.

Please pass this on and DO NOT open the door for a crying baby --- This should be taken seriously because the Crying Baby theory was mentioned on America's Most Wanted this past Saturday when they profiled the serial killer in Louisiana .

I'd like you to forward this to all the women you know. It may save a life. A candle is not dimmed by lighting another candle. I was going to send this to the ladies only, but guys, if you love your mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, etc., you may want to pass it onto them, as well.

gdeann
08-20-2008, 05:52 PM
What do you girls think of doing a monthly thread? Give it some consideration. We could even start now with an August thread or wait until September. I really have no preference in who starts the thread just as long as we can all stay together and post. Just a thought.

coles
08-20-2008, 08:58 PM
Gayle - I don't care how we post as long as I can still find you. You are my biggest support and friends when I'm up or down.

gdeann
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
I have the same thoughts Janice. I thought maybe monthly would be easier to keep track of. Either way, you are all my friends and I don't want to lose you!

ShelleyM
08-21-2008, 05:53 AM
Gayle-The monthly thread is a good idea. That way we won't get too lost.

I am psyched. Yesterday, at least 5 people noticed I had lost weight. I am down between 7-8 lbs.

Janice-My key is journaling. I do it on Sparkpeople every single day. I eat between 1200-1600 calories per day. I try to eat a protein everytime I have a carb. I also quit eating tons at night.

coles
08-21-2008, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Gals,
I know journaling is the key for me too. I belong to SP too and the Biggest Loser Club just lost me motivation somewhere along the line.
I have even bought maternity tops lately because I feel better with the flow of the clothes over my stomach. They don't look like maternity though.
The more I think about my weight the more I seem to eat. Emotional eating is the worst. I seem to be having a cake eating contest with myself and I'm winning.

Deelite
08-21-2008, 09:09 AM
I think that the way our thread is now it takes longer to download and look at so if we go monthly it will probably load faster. We could also close one and start another if it gets to long. Let's give it a shot, Gayle. Good idea.

Ok I am out of the loop hole where do I find sparkpeople? I have no clue what it is!

Shelley congratulations on the weight loss. You must look stunning! So are you in the 120's? I thning that the key is journaling too. Late night eatting can be a problem. thank goodness I don't usually eat in the evenings.

Janice you can do it. Let's get going again. You have the tools to do it. You did it before.

Time to get ready for the Y.

4myloves
08-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Whatever y'all want to do with the threads is fine with me. This one is getting rather looooooong!!

How 'bout starting the September one early? Or a "Gust-September" thread (end of August)? :)

gdeann
08-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Great idea Cheryl! Will you please stat a new one for us?

Shelley, great job with the weight loss! I am sure you look great!

4myloves
08-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I started a new thread!!!!!!!