Weight Loss Support - 21 Day Challenge #2

View Full Version : 21 Day Challenge #2

Arabella
03-18-2002, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by katrinabgood Thanks, Katrina! :cool:

I missed my weigh in today...not too upset about that, because I seem to have fallen into the same slump a lot of us around here have found...having said that, I can't believe that I just blithely threw away almost a whole week of good, on program work for a day or two of haphazard eating!:shrug:

We need a collective kick in the pants to re-energize us and get us back into high gear...Here's what I was thinkin'...

When I belonged to ediets, there was a message board called the "21 day challenge" the idea being that it tales 21 days to form a new habit. You commit to eating within your program, drinking the water and exercising for 21 days. If you slip, you begin again on Day 1. It really was very motivational and really a lot of fun...anyone interested in a challenge? Let me see if I can dig up the rules...

wow! I can't believe I did it without losing my post...must be an omen!

Rules for the 21-Day Challenge

Block 1
1. You must drink a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day.
2. You must eat from your meal plan or stay in your calorie range for every day!
3. If you go over your calorie allotment, (OR cheat!) you must start over.
4. No exercise is required until your second 21-Day Challenge (block#2), but by all means, if you're already exercising please continue!
5. Your 21 days must be CONSECUTIVE days! That is the whole point in forming new habits.
6. Nothing is wrong with having a yummy snack!! Just make sure you plan for it!! It has to be part of your calorie limit for the day!
7. This works on the "honor" system...no one will monitor you...if you "mess-up", you are only cheating yourself by not beginning again! The importance behind this challenge is to have 21 consecutive days of self control!!
8. What do the numbers mean that you see by peoples' names?? They stand for DAY/POUNDS LOST/BLOCK. 1/0/1 is Day 1, 0 pounds lost, Block 1.
9. Once you have finished block #1 (the first 21 days) you will progress to block #2...

Block 2
Same as block 1 + 20 minutes of exercise 5x/week

Block 3
Same as Block 1
+ increase to 30 minutes of exercise 5x/week
+ toning exercise for at least 15 minutes 3x/week
+ must post inches lost

Block 4
ON YOUR OWN... no rules except for the ones you set for yourself... it's time to turn this plan into your plan... you should state your rules and follow them for 21 days... repeat this as many times as necessary until you are at your goal.
Good luck to you as you complete your journey! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! It all starts with a single step... and following with a new one each day!!

What do you think? I'm just trying to shake things up a bit around here...

I'm up for the challenge, ARE YOU?

Arabella
03-18-2002, 08:48 AM
Well, I woke up cranky this morning! :eek: DH better run! He wants to take a trip to Toronto next week, 2 - 20 hour days of driving and then stay with his mother. :p NOT the most relaxing or fun vacation. I don't want to go at all. I'd love to have the DH-free time at home to dance to the beat of my own drum. So I'm pushing the idea of him flying up and me staying here. Don't know if he'll go for it, though...

Not feeling particularly inspired, tired and achy from the gym, so I don't know what i'll do to get in an extra little triumph today. I've got to tether myself to the desk and get some work done, too, which is likely contributing to my crankiness.

On with the day, any old how :rolleyes: It will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

Have a great day, Blockettes! Let's make it a good one!

xo
babette
13/212 (-3)/1

Jehari
03-18-2002, 11:34 AM
There is a theme developing on the last thread.....and that would be that weekends suck. Yes, I am on day 1 yet again. It's my fourth day 1 in a row. I have a pretty busy day, not to mention week, so I should be OK until the evil weekend again. My back is better, but is still a bit sore. I will just do some light aerobics today. I don't want to push my luck.

My question is, do we only count weight lost since the current day one? Or do we count the weight lost since we started trying this challenge? When I post my numbers would it look like 1/2/1 or 1/0/1??

Jen
:wave:

katrinabgood
03-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Hmmmm...with all of our "Day Ones" we'd NEVER see any progress, so my vote is to report weight loss from the beginning of the challenge (or maybe by month or I'm not sure...)any one else have any thoughts on this?

Glad your back is feeling better, Jen, take it easy! I guess we need 5 really good days in a row to offset those two devilish weekend days! :devil:

Babette, I'd take a big PASS on 40 hours of driving just to stay with my MOTHER IN LAW!?! I'd rather have my eyes gouged out with hot pokers :eek:

Chickadee...I'm definitely better during the work week and I was even better when I worked NORMAL day shift hours...but I guess that's just all part of the overall change we must make in our attitude towards food as "sustenance vs recreation."

Malia...did you finish your project? Did you eat all your strawberries? :T I tried to grow them once, but some "wascally wabbits" ate every last one! Gonna try a hanging basket of them this year, but the birds will probably get them! Much easier buying them!!

I've been on this computer WAY TOO LONG NOW! I must go be productive...

Have a great day!

Arabella
03-18-2002, 12:57 PM
Hey, that doesn't sound so bad. Maybe if I ask DH he will give me the option.... No, I couldn't be that lucky :p

katrinabgood
03-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I hope you don't mind Malia...I moved your post to the newer thread so that we can ALL check out your progress! Great job!

Good Morning,

I had to measure/weigh in for another thread. Here's my numbers:

date............1/13/02........... 2/23/02..........3/18/02
weight............249..................245........ .........243
up chest.........43....................42.5.......... ......41.5
chest..............49....................48.5..... ............48
midriff.............46....................44.5.... .............43
waist..............43.5.................43.5...... ...........42
stomach.........52.5..................52.......... .........50.5
hips................48.5..................49...... .............47.5
l/r thigh........26.5/27.............26/26..............26/26.5
l/r calf...........17.5/18..........17.5/17.5...........17.5/18
l/r arms......15.75/15.25.....15.25/15.25.......15.25/15

Although the weight is not dropping off, I am losing inches in my middle area. Hopefully, one day the scale will reflect it too.

Have a great day,
Malia
1/243/1

Arabella
03-18-2002, 07:59 PM
Today continued much as it started, I was out-of-sorts all day. Had a couple of impulses to say the **** with it all and have some kind of a sugar treat this aft, but I didn't. Didn't do much positive, either though. Had my 3-mile walk this morning, but didn't manage to get any amount of work done today, just not being productive. Tomorrow must be different, which is why I'm posting now instead of the morning. I have to devote myself to work all day tomorrow. Ick. :p But if I'm not going to enjoy my day, I might as well get stuff done. And I know that if I do i'll feel better, anyway.

Decided to get some laundry done tonight, loaded the washer and it filled and then just quit. DH can't see if there's a problem with the fuses, because they seem to be mislabled. Maybe in the morning, after the clothes have had a good soak. Been that kind of a day. At the supermarket this morning, I decided to buy myself some yellow flowers (maybe daffodils) to put in my cobalt blue glass vase. But when I got to the flower section, there was nothing there but empty buckets! I don't know if they just hadn't put the flowers out yet or what -- never saw that before :(

ANYWAY -- I made it through the day, and tomorrow will be # 14. I'm going to the gym for 30 min cycle + 30 min circuit training, and then later I'm walking over to my sisters (only about a mile) for lunch. Now I'm going to go run a mop over my kitchen floor, so I feel like the day wasn't a total write-off.

Sweet dreams, Blockettes, and have a wonderful day tomorrow!

xo
babette
13/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-19-2002, 01:43 AM
Hi everyone,

Day 1: did well today. followed a 1400 calorie plan and did sweatin to the oldies I. Tomorrow will up to 2000 calories (Wendie plan) and weight lift. Everyday I'll alternate. Let's see if my metabolism kicks in.

Congratulations, Babette, on the 13th day. You're 8 days away.

Did anyone of you post on ediet.com? I was looking at the website and found it very similar to 3fc.

Jen, :lol: welcome to the day 1 club. I hope I can complete day 2 tomorrow. I have the whole week at work to get on plan.

Kat, I'm not finished with my project. It's been raining. And anyhow I had to stop at the shop to change a bolt or something. Then I did Richard after that. Maybe tomorrow. I'll slap it together. Embarrassing elementary woodshop. I'm eating strawberries galore. I ate a tangerine from Florida. Supersweet.

"The beginning of all things are small." -----Cicero

Keep on moving,
Malia

Jehari
03-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Well, still can't do the exercise because of my @#$%&* back. On the up side, I did stay withing my calories yesterday and drank plenty of water so I've finally made it to day 2. HURRAY!!

Good luck to everyone today. I'll be back later,
Jen
2/-2/1
:wave:

Arabella
03-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Hi Blockettes! I am making my way through here. I'd love to see another loss soon to motivate me, but I feel like I'm doing pretty well. Got in all my exercise and water today and did an extra session (yoga) which could count for my triumph of the day

Hope you're all doing great. I know that I'm going to be here for a long time, 21 days after 21 days after 21 days, but eventually...I'll get there.

Sweet Dreams, Blockettes! :yawn: Hmmm.... I could go to bed right now, but I guess I'd better get some work done.

xo
babette
14/212 (-3)/1

katrinabgood
03-19-2002, 09:17 PM
Hey blockettes...

I'm on Day 3! No change on the scale, but I have a shirt on that used to be UNBUTTONABLE on the bottom button! Little victories make me SO happy!

I'm taking off from Weight Watchers for a while...will still follow the points system, but have decided to give "Curves" a try. Seems to give me more for my $$$ than the $12.00/week I'm handing over to watch the same 4 lbs go up and down. It's a quick workout, designed to give you 90 min workout in 30 minutes time! I was reading about it on the "Exercise" forum and most people there seem thrilled with it. My sister in law has had some great results with losing inches, so I figured what have I got to lose? (DUH! Inches, of course!) They do a history and weigh and measure you, and a body fat analysis...:cry: and then check you again monthly. You can go as many times a week as you want, though they recommend at least 3 times/week. You are literally in and out of the place in about 35 minutes. I'm psyched! Will still stay with the challenge...I'm gonna do it! LOOK OUT! :eek:

babette, 14 days! Give yourself a big pat on the back! I'm so proud of you!

Malia, I used to use the ediets website, mostly for the forums, and weighed in weekly for a while...I liked it, had a great group that I posted with and somehow we all just kind of drifted apart... I liked weighing in, they had graphs to show your progress and diet plans to follow...you do pay for it, but if you became a "coach" to a newbie just to show them the ropes and encourage them, they waived the $10.00 monthly fee...I coached 2 girls and they dwindled out on me too...I am still able to access the site though, so I go back occasionally to see what's happening...I like 3FC better though.

Jen, have you been to a doctor for your back? Is this a chronic thing? I hope not. I know so many nurses who suffer with back problems, an occupational hazard! I hope you're feeling better soon!

Where's chickadee today? Come out, come out wherever you are!

Gotta run...bed is calling, work tonight...:(

Catch you all tomorrow!

Chickadee4ever
03-19-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey blockettes!
I had my weigh in today!
Lost 2 pounds this last week.
I just dropped in to let you know, then I am going to bed.
Take care!
Chantal Day 3/155.2(2)/1
;)

Jehari
03-19-2002, 11:45 PM
I've survived day 2!! And you know what?? I don't even have to kick myself too bad for the weekend. Even though I was eating badly, I still journaled all the calories. Well, having the "Wendy Plan" on my mind, I added up all the calories for the week and divided them by seven and when it's averaged out, it's not so bad!! It came to 1600 calories a day that way. I want to stay below 1500, so that is still over, but not as devistating as it felt.

Katrina: No insurance so no doctor. I just got the paperwork from my DH to get my military Tricare coverage, and I will take care of that next week. I've had problems with my back ever since I hurt it at work a couple of years ago. At the time I was unloading cargo from aircraft and a 265 pound package that I was easing on to the rollers slipped and MAN did I ever get twisted and yanked. 6 weeks of physical therapy for that one. Every now and again it comes back to haunt me out of nowhere. This time hasn't been as bad as most. Usually I am utterly bedridden.

HOORAY for you Chickadee!! Good job!!
And Babette... YOU are AMAZING!! MEGA will power!!

Anyhoo, I'm off for now. Talk at you tomorrow,
Jen
2/-2/1

prism
03-20-2002, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Day 2. Did very well. I'm also on the wendie plan. yesterday 1400. today 2000 (weightlifted today). tomorrow 1200. I'll be lean and mean tomorrow. It's been pretty interesting. Varying my caloric intake from day to day hasn't been as depriving.

This week is my fourth week exercising 5x a week. I noticed a big difference in my middle area. Feels good. My energy level has shot up during the work week.

Katrina, my sister belongs to curves too. She likes it. Never having lifted weights before, she likes that workout. I have free weights at home and all my past charts from twelve years ago. It totally relaxes you. I got my collage video catalog in the mail. I'm going to buy the leslie sansone video and yoga for dummies.

Jen hope you feel better soon. I've experienced that bedridden back pain. To turn over you have to inch your body over and grasp the corner of the mattress. Going to the bathroom is a nightmare I'll never forget. And going to work like nothing's wrong is too. It's been over two years and I'm very careful. I'm trying to do situps to support my back. It's scary though.

Babette, keep up the good work. 14 days, wow. I wish I had an ounce of your commitment. Exercise is easy, but eating is difficult for me.

Sweet dreams,
Malia

prism
03-21-2002, 04:44 AM
Hi everyone,

Alls quiet on this thread today. I lost another pound. Yippee. And my TOM didn't make an appearance yet. I passed day 3 of the block. I was on 1200 calories today and exercised to Groovin in the House w/richard. Tomorrow I'll up my calories to 1800.

See ya tomorrow,
Malia

Arabella
03-21-2002, 09:12 AM
Hi All,

Still hanging in there. I'm not in the best of spirits, but at least i'm not compounding it by binging. And sooner or later I'll come out of the slump and feel better because I didn't gain 10 pounds instead of losing.

I remember when I did the behavioral modification thing before, I gradually started eating less and losing weight more quickly. That's something to aim for!

Malia, congrats on the loss! That's great! Seems like the Wendie plan is working for you. It does make sense, i think, eating more on the days where you expend more calories. Food is the hard one for me, too. I've exercised pretty regularly most of my life (and yet I'm fat, how fair is that :( ) But I find that it's much easier for me if I don't set point or calorie limits but just change the behavior.

Jen, hope your back is better. This is hard enough when we're feeling well!

Chick -- WTG with those losses! That's GREAT!

Katrina, the Curves thing sounds good -- sounds like it wouldn't be boring, either and would make you feel good. I think that it's a good switch, doing that instead of WW.

Let's make this a good one, Blockettes!

xo
babette
15/212 (-3)/1

Arabella
03-21-2002, 08:35 PM
T'was a near thing. Had a repairman here that told me both the washer & the dishwasher are kaput. Plus had a frustrating day doing taxes for DH and DS and not getting enough of my work done, so that I am really up against it. This aft I had a real desire to pack it in and start over tomorrow. I just wanted the trance thing, to lie on the couch and eat treats and watch TV. I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to do, that really seemed like it.

However, I managed not to. I kept thinking that my jeans are getting looser, but one binge could make them tight again. Now it seems to me that a soak in the jaccuzi might have been a good substitute. I'll have to push myself in next time. And we'd had a big snow storm here so I ended up having to shovel snow for an hour on top of going to the gym this morning. So the day ended up WAY better than it might have. Now I'm tired -- it was super heavy snow, all soggy and compacted and piled up by the plow (thanks, guys). Good calorie burning, though i bet...

Hmmph. So that's day 15. I've become conscious of all the times i would have had a few bites of this or that and not really thought much about it. Even those calories should add up....

'night All :yawn:

xo
babette
15/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-22-2002, 02:04 AM
Hi everyone,

Day 4: doing very well on the wendie plan. 1800 calories today, weightlifting day. I've lost another pound, 241lbs. Yippee. It's a movin and shakin. I like the wendie plan because I DO NOT FEEL DEPRIVED.

What's going on with my nose, it's running. I hope its not a cold. Please.

Babette, I don't think one night of bingeing will ruin everything. I find I'm making better choices. If I plan to eat out I adjust my day accordingly. Those impromptu meals scare me. complete control.

Have a great friday,
Malia
4/241(-2)/1

Arabella
03-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Hi All,

Made it through Day 16. I had a piece of peanut butter fudge after lunch today, but totally controlled -- worked out well. So glad to have made it out of Day 15 without the threatened binge. Really, it always makes me feel so crummy when I do that and then I wake up the next morning still feeling crummy plus my clothes are tighter and I'm thinking "How am I ever going to get out of this."

Whew. So. Maybe not every day will be a low-cal day, but as long as I manage to change the behavior, eventually the weight will come off.

On to Day 17 tomorrow!

Malia, you're doing so great with the Wendie Plan, congrats!

'night all! :yawn:

xo
babette
16/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-22-2002, 11:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Day 5. Did well today. I started off the day thinking I had a cold. I took an actifed and it's gone, must have been an allergy of some sort. I looked at my measurements from 1989/90 to check my progress against the last two months. I've made good progress not as much in the middle area. But I hope my next 10lbs will deal with that area.

Babette, I fear our challenge is dwindling, I'm going to check the original thread maybe they're posting there.

Tomorrow is my free day. I'll eat lower calories 1200 because of the inactivity.

Good night,
Malia
5/-2/1

Arabella
03-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Another Day. We've got company coming for dinner tonight, and it doesn't fill my heart with fear, because I only have to eat reasonably, not try to keep my points or calories within a certain number. That said, I'm trying to plan things that will be really yummy, healthy, and not high-fat. I saw a recipe in an old Oprah magazine for a lobster & asparagus salad that looked fabulous - four asparagus spears arranged on the plate, with lobster tail & claw arranged on that, mixed baby greens to the side and a curry vinaigrette dressing. YUM! But I'm going to save that one to make when lobster & asparagus are in season. It will really knock their socks off!

I took the neighbor's dog for a walk around the harbour yesterday. It was beautiful, but freezing cold and windy. And I have to say, that I was not nearly as interested in the dog pee in the snow as Dewie was. I had to pull him away from each one! Took me an hour for my 45 minute walk...

Malia, I'm thrilled to see how well you're doing! GREAT! I completely understand if people want to just post to their regular thread - it just gets too hard to manage to post to a lot of different ones, I know. I think I'll continue on with this one though. I already post to a couple of others, and while I think the 300+ thread and posters are terrific, MAN! There are a LOT of them :eek: and if I tried to keep up I would NEVER get anything done.

Have a great day, All.
xo
babette :wave:
16/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-23-2002, 11:08 AM
Good morning,

Babette, what part of Canada do you live in? Walking around a harbor sounds so lovely. I live near the ocean, but never make the time to walk. Every Saturday, I should pick a different part of Maui and walk. Maybe my sister would be interested. My puppy should get out there and mingle. He's going to obedience school in a couple of weeks.

What to do today. shop? clean? tv? Watch my eating, of course. I'm on 1200 calories today. I had a lovely fruit salad for dinner last night. It was delicious...pineapple, mandarin oranges, green grapes, apples, strawberries, banana, and papaya. I'm hungry for waldorf salad--apples and walnuts on greens. Maybe tonight, we'll be having steak.

Day 6, the weekend...will be strong today.

Enjoy!
Malia
:strong:

katrinabgood
03-23-2002, 02:41 PM
Hey, blockettes...

Gee, I haven't been here since Tuesday, where did this week go? I'm actually on Day 7, have been to Curves 4 out of the last 5 days! Love how I feel when I'm done and it takes so little time.

Babette, you're doing great! You have a great attitude, keep it up! The lobster/asparagus thing sounds yummy! I'm drooling...

Malia, congrats on the lost lbs and inches...my middle is my problem area too...I guess we're APPLES, huh? I haven't actually started the Wendie plan yet, no time to sit down and figure out my menus yet, actually, no time to even sit! I'm holding my own though on controlling food intake and have exercised almost evry day...I definitely feel the difference!

Gotta go put groceries away...I plopped them on the kitchen floor and came in here to post while I had the chance!

I hope to get back here tomorrow, I think I have NOTHING to do! That will be a nice change! Take care.

Day 7/254/still block 1

Arabella
03-24-2002, 02:59 PM
Yup, back to the start of the block for me. I don't actually feel badly -- I didn't binge or anything, but while I was cooking for my company yesterday afternoon I was hungry and didn't want to stop and eat something properly. So I picked at stuff as I cooked, thinking, "Well, whatever, I'll start in again tomorrow." I know that doing something like that doesn't really do me any harm, and it's definitely the way someone without food issues might behave, but I also know that, for me, it could easily be the dreaded "slippery slope" and that it could easily lead to either a binge, or to my losing control of eating only when I'm hungry. The problem is that it gives my impulses control of me, rather than the other way around. If I have to stop and sit at the table, I think about whether I'm hungry or not. Otherwise, it's just too easy to pop little treats into my mouth.

Anyway, I have a new resolve to do this. I don't honestly feel like yesterday was such a lapse, but since it could lead to one, and since that's the behavior I'm trying to beat, I have to nip it in the bud.

Tried out the cross trainer machine at the gym yesterday. WOW! If it doesn't kill me (always a possibility) it could work wonders. At one point the readout registered 927 calories burned per hour! :eek: Definitely going to try it again! This a.m. walked 5 miles with DH.

Malia, I live on Prince Edward Island. You may not even have heard of it; it's pretty small, but is one of the provinces of Canada. I love the sea -- I would live right on it if I could. But I love my hometown anyway -- The harbour surrounds it, and many of the streets lead to the water.

Katrina, we're like a fruit salad here. You guys are apples -- I'm definitely a pear. My hips & thighs are the bane of my existence. Oh, will we ever be bananas!? :lol:

Happy Sunday, Girlfriends! Let's get ready to whup butt next week!

xo
babette
1/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-24-2002, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

Babette, Prince Edward Island, as in "Anne of Green Gables"? I saw a version filmed on the island. It was gorgeous. You're very lucky to live there. I like living here, but it's getting too crowded and drawing disgruntled people (searching for paradise I guess ;) ) I'm sitting in my bedroom and hear a car pass every 2 seconds. On a Sunday too. The only time it's quiet is after 12 midnight. There are quieter places on the island. I happened to live in a crossroad part of Maui.

I blew today. Will be starting Day 1 tomorrow. I'm happy I stuck to it this week. The most important thing is to keep trying until it sticks.

Today is pamper me day. I'm watching the Oscar Red carpet on E!. I love to do facial, hair color, nails, and watch the beautiful people go by. I've been neglected little things. It's important for my morale to keep up.

Kat, apples are us. I lose on my chest and butt first. I don't mind the chest, but the butt. It's as flat as a board. My hips are slimming though. Those love handles.

Last night was chinese food. I had my gourmet veggies with chopped steak. Three pieces of sweet/sour spareribs. I could have done without the spareribs. The veggies/steak with a little of the teriyaki sauce was delicious.

Enjoy,
Malia

katrinabgood
03-24-2002, 07:43 PM
Hello, my friends...

Babette, you had a great run, I'm happy to see that this hasn't discouraged you! Just getting back on track is what this is about...and not obsessing over "FAILURE." ( A very common theme I'm discovering as I read through different boards)...I would certainly not consider starting over as failure, just as a learning experience...keep moving forward, there's no turning back! This is a lifestyle change...NOT a diet...

It sounds like the two of you live in some lovely places...I'm here in suburbia, but the good thing about it is that it's close to just about everything! 50 min to NYC, 2 hrs to Atlantic City (casinos), 40 min to the beaches, 2 hrs to the Pocono Mtns (skiing!), 5 hr drive to Boston OR Washington DC, take your pick! I've even driven to DisneyWorld, but that took about 18 hours of straight driving...now I recommend the lovely 2 hr flight! We have 4 different seasons (usually!)...gee. I sound like a travelogue for central NJ...Come on down!! PS... we don't all TAWK like the Sopranos!

Well that got off the weight loss topic...I'm hanging in there...I think I'm on day 8...definitley feeling subtle changes in clothes and underwear! :lol: I don't have a scale at home, really must invest, but I use the one at work or at the gym ...I just need to coordinate all the different weights!

Have fun pampering, Malia...I'm gonna sit down with my daughter in a few minutes and watch Joan and Melissa Rivers dish with the folks on the red carpet!

Take care gals...

Arabella
03-25-2002, 07:15 AM
Day 2 of the Quest 'round the block! I don't feel badly about starting over, because it's a good way to make sure that I pay enough attention to what I'm doing and don't backslide into my evil old ways. I don't know if you guys have a problem with "sneak eating" but I definitely do. Often it's not much, just a couple of bites of something or other, but it's like if no one sees me it it, it doesn't count. WHY? No calories? I am just WAY too good at fooling myself. :rolleyes:

My weight seems stuck, but that's partially from the gym I think. Nevertheless, maybe I can start to be more careful...

Malia, PEI IS beautiful, but it's winter here for about half the year. You would freeze your butt off! :lol: And we live on a fairly busy street -- cars pass by my house every couple of seconds, too. I'm a little concerned that it will drive us nuts in the summer and we'll be looking for another house.

Kat, gotta love that underwear fitting better, huh. I just noticed the other day that there was less of me hanging out of my undies. I feel less self-conscious parading around in front of DH, who is a very sick man and likes the show whether i'm fat or slim. :eek: I should count my blessings, I guess... I'm sure if he lost interest I'd be more upset about that!

OKAY, Blockettes! Let's make this a good one (oops, i had a typo --- I wrote "let's make this a food one" but I decided to change that)
xo
babette
2/212 (-3)/1

katrinabgood
03-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Good Morning...

I've gotten my exercise in already, just trying to psyche myself up to vacuum now...and dust...and clean my daughter's room once and for all, the clothes are taking over my entire upstairs! :eek:

Now, all I have to do is... turn the computer off! It's very distracting, it calls to me! I suppose that's better than when the frig calls to me! :lol:

Day 1 again for me, I got into a tussle last night with a box of cinnamon graham crackers (low fat, of course) and the graham crachers won! Just mindless nibbling while I watched the Oscars until the whole sleeve was gone. :o That was AFTER the chocolate chip cookies that I had accounted for, points wise...

Monday is a good day for day 1, so I don't mind...I have been great with exercise so I'm not sweating starting over. It really feels like I'm just continuing on...

Lots to do today, have a good one!

prism
03-26-2002, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone,

I flunked. I figure from today's bingeing I gained 10lbs. It's hot and muggy here. I felt out of sorts all day. I slept in instead of exercising. Big mistake. I felt low on energy all day. I worked out after work though you could cut the air with a knife. Storm's a brewing. I overate big time for dinner. I don't recall eating that much when I wasn't on plan. They're jerking me around at work. Gave the senior girl more time. She'll job shadow us on Thursday. Probably will have the weekend to decide. I hope she gets it. I really want to focus on me this year. So far, the stress of the unknown is making me emotional along with emotional eating.

Tomorrow back to square one. I hope to get a grip on this.

Good night,
Malia

Arabella
03-26-2002, 08:52 AM
Back to Day 1 for me, too. I pigged out solid yesterday afternoon. Yuck. Today my jeans are tighter again. I was a little hungry when I started eating, but just consumed mass quantities. I was craving something sweet, and I think that its possible that if I'd had just the right thing in the house (cookies, I think) I might have sat down and had 2 or 3 and felt okay about it.

Also didn't work out in the morning, which probably didn't help either, since exercise is always a big help for my stress level.

Ah well, today is another day. Already been to the gym and drank over a litre of water. I'm going to try to wash yesterday right out of my system.

xo
babette
1/212 (-3)/1

prism
03-26-2002, 10:46 PM
Hi there,

Babette, good job on the water. I'm guilty of that too. I overate easter candies (someone set out a bowl of them). I spent a couple of hours drinking water. I ate after work. My TOM is a week late and I spotted a little. Whew that was a long PMS episode. I can't take the chocolate cravings. It gets out of control. My first full day of TOM, the cravings disappear.

I'm watching Britney Spears on Saturday Night Live. She looks good in a belly button revealing outfit. I wish...this will take forever. I'm glad I didn't stop exercising even though my eating has gone downhill.

W.T.A.T. "will try again tomorrow"

Sweet dreams,
Malia