100 lb. Club - Let share the reason why we want to loose weight.

smyrah
06-19-2008, 10:09 AM
Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how's everybody doing today ? are you staying on track.are we meeting are short term goal's , we have to meet are short term goal's in other for us to meet the long term goal's. do you make a list of why you want to loose weight? i do.
my list why i want to loose weight.
1) my health because i want to leave longer.
2) look better.
3) have a better sex life come one lady's you know what im talking about.
4) able to go a store not asking where the plus size section. beside the always have a small section for plus size .
5) able to fit in with my friends not stand out as the big girl .
6) to challenges my man ( lol )
ect.

Let share the reason why we want to loose weight.

Trazey34
06-19-2008, 10:36 AM
my reasons are pretty typical I think:

1) I noticed there aren't many super fat AND old people around - I want to get old one day!!!

2) Now that I'm 40, I think my luck is going to run out eventually - I can't be THIS fat and still have good blood pressure, good cholesterol numbers, and general good health (believe me, it kind of ticks off my doctor LOL) forever, so I figure I better help genetics and get some of the tonnage off of me before something serious happens to me

3) always fun to look better :) I know I've ruined my body beyond repair (non surgical repair anyway) but as long as I look good in clothing, that'll do. My DH said he's willing to live with anything as long as I'm around to live WITH for a long long long time (how much do we love him???!?)

Schmoodle
06-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Health, quality of life, for my family...
Really I just want to be able to do things that I couldn't before.
Appearance is really the last concern, but it is a nice side benefit.

pigginpodgey
06-19-2008, 10:43 AM
For me it was always vanity, but now i think it is for health reasons also:
1. To be healthy, I want kids someday and want to be a " blooming" pregnant lady not a sweating one.
2. To enjoy shopping again
3. To have the confidence to walk around naked
4. To be able to go horse riding again without fear of breaking the horse
5. To just be normal!! Ive always been overweight since I can ever remember.

kate1970
06-19-2008, 11:15 AM
For me its health reasons, I had high B.P. before I started dieting and I dont now. I could hardly walk at all and I can walk for hours now............. the list is endless AND looking better is a bonus too!

CHUNKEY_MUNKEY
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
For me it was always vanity, but now i think it is for health reasons also:
1. To be healthy, I want kids someday and want to be a " blooming" pregnant lady not a sweating one.
2. To enjoy shopping again
3. To have the confidence to walk around naked
4. To be able to go horse riding again without fear of breaking the horse
5. To just be normal!! Ive always been overweight since I can ever remember.

#4 made me almost choke on my OJ .... i laughed that hard i always had a concern over the same thing .... i dont go horse back riding because im afraid .... for the horse my family thinks im a nut job seriously .... its a concern i wouldent want to carry around a 200 pound person for 5 minutes much less a half hour !

but my reasons i guess are

1. to get evreyone ( parents , doctor , husband ) off my back
2. the health benefits
3. to enjoy shopping again im the only girl i know who hates shopping ALL CANNOT BE RIGHT IN THE WORLD !!
4. to enjoy swimming and going to the beach again with out the fear of small children thinking theres a beached whale on the sand
5. to enjoy going out at all ... period , i hate avoiding certain places and people just because of my weight !
6. for my own personal satisfaction
7. i hate the phrase .... "omg what happned to you ?!?" people love saying that when they havent seen me for a while i bumped into some old friends from HS and they didnt even reconize me
8. to not be afraid that im too heavy to :
sit on a swing
go on a ride
be in a canoe
get a piggy back ride
sit on certain chairs
and the list goes on really
and last but not least ... i hate being "the big girl " i stick out like a sore thumb amongst my friends im the tallest by like half a foot and i have to be the biggest ? lets slap a clown nose and some big shoes on me now why dont we?

GirlyGirlSebas
06-19-2008, 11:54 AM
#1 - I want to enjoy my retirement years...not sitting on my butt in front of the TV. I want to travel and, hopefully, play with my grankids.

#2 - I want more energy and less achey knees. I don't want to feel tired all of the time.

#3 - I want to wear pretty clothes that look good on my body.

FB
06-19-2008, 12:24 PM
1. I want to be a great role model for my son and inspire my husband to get healthy.

2. I don't want to be limited by my weight. I want to run, jump, lift weights, do chin-ups, push-ups, do a triathlon - anything I please physically. I want to be powerful. This would be complete freedom to me after being trapped in fat for some years. I started off just wanting to be skinny, now I want the physique of that lady in the old movie Terminator. Really.

3. Of course I want to be a beautiful, not obese hot mama! My son is starting school this fall.

4. Clothes. Yeah. I love clothes. I miss the feeling of tight abs and hip hugging jeans. I want enough clothes that I love to explode 5 closets! I want to feel sexy in my clothes.

KateB
06-19-2008, 01:26 PM
I want to becomfortable and confident about my body.
I don't wnat to be the biggest person at social gatherings.
I want to be able to buy pretty bras and panties, not industrial strength one.
I want to have to look in my daughter's closet for my jeans cuz hubby can't tell whose is whose when he puts laundry away.
I want construction workers to whistle when I walk by.
I want to live to grandkids and great grandkids!!

Kayhm0711
06-19-2008, 01:50 PM
1. I hate how I feel when I look in the mirror. I want to feel pretty.
2. In High school which was only 3 years ago I was 140lbs at my lowest and now I am 240lbs.
3. I am starting college in August and I want to be confident.
4. I want to be a good role model for my daughter and students(going to school to be a teacher) being overweight is not NORMAL or HEALTHY.
5. I turn 21 summer of 2009 and I want to look good in a bikini and be able to Run around and play with my 2 year old with out getting winded.
6. I want my fiance to look at me like he use to, he swears he doesn't care I have gained weight but I just don't feel like our sex life is not as great as it use to be when I was thinner.
7. Last but not least I want to feel beautiful, amazing, thin, healthy on my wedding day I don't want to look like an elephant walking down the isle.

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbgwnuT/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbgwnuT/):carrot:

smyrah
06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
we have to keep telling are self yes we can.
yes i can.

valpal23
06-19-2008, 02:12 PM
I want to be light enough paramedics can lift me into an ambulance should the need arise.. (that was my biggest motivator at first)

but NOW
I want to feel beautiful
I want to wear clothing and underwear that isnt plus size.
I want to manage MS symptoms and be a healthy example to my morbidly obese family.

LisaF
06-19-2008, 02:48 PM
I've got lots of reasons - clothes, appearance, comfort, airline trips, etc - but the main one, the one I always come back to is this:

I am 32 years old, and I have 50 or more years left to live. They can be relatively healthy ones, or they can be a slow, painful slide into illness and mobility problems. As much as it is in my power to do so, I am going to make sure that they are healthy ones.

I'm doing this for myself now, but I'm also doing it for my future self. There have been times when I've looked back on my life, cursing myself, and asked, "Why didn't I make the change then? What was I thinking? My life would be so much easier now if I had made the change earlier." My future self is going to look back and be glad of the decisions I make right now. That's the life I want to live.

Lisa

mrs dorson
06-19-2008, 03:14 PM
the not breaking the horse thing? i am sooooo there with you. i actually just had this discussion with a friend. her response? what about Hoss on ponderosa? he didnt break the horse,did he?:D

but still i worry..............

my list?

1) to be smoking sexy hot (vain and shallow but HONST):devil:
2) live until i am 100 so i can be married to my husband for 50+ years
3) to have great sex when he comes home:dizzy:
4) pretty bras and panties:o
5) not have to choose between the power bill or meds when i am old
6) feel good everyday
7) be able to wear anything in closet at anytime and not worry about lumps,bumps and bulges.

crazycurls
06-19-2008, 03:36 PM
1) I want to go to the beach and want everyone to stare because I'm hot! not because I look like a beached whale.
2) I am sick of shopping in the plus size section. I mean, I love Lane Bryant clothes, but I don't wanna have to shop there anymore.
3) I want to run, jump, play, without getting winded.
4) I want to go on hikes in the forest. I use to love this when I was a kid.
5) I want my husband to not be able to keep his hands off me!!!
6) I don't want to be the fat friend.
7) I don't want people from high school to recongnize me....lol! I want to have to say hey...and it takes them a minute to realize who you are!!!

KLK
06-19-2008, 04:14 PM
I want to lose weight because...

1. I'm tired of always feeling so huge, like a big sore thumb (even if I don't actually look like an eye-sore, I feel like I am)
2. Since I lost weight 4 years ago, I haven't *felt* like a fat person... I don't eat like a fat person, I'm active, I have loads of energy... so WHY SHOULD I STILL BE FAT?!?
3. I eventually want to have children, and I don't want to raise fat kids. I think the best way for me to teach my children healthy eating and exercise habits is to be a living example. That starts by losing weight.
4. I want to look prettier and be able to comfortably wear stylish clothes
5. I want to have a very active life, do a lot of traveling, etc. and while I CAN do those things heavy, I can more easily and more comfortably if I were thinner (now I feel like "Find the big, fat American!")
6. If I were thinner, I would probably feel less self-conscious; I would probably feel freer, more creative, more spontaneous... (there's a BIG difference in these qualities in me from 264lbs to my current weight already).

djay
06-19-2008, 07:36 PM
I want to loose weight because...

1. I want my kids and grandaughter to be proud to be seen with me.
2. I want to be proud to be seen with me!
3. I want to visit my family without seeing the looks of horror when they see me. (They don't know I have gained all this weight)
4. I want to feel sexy enough to flirt!
5. I HATE,let me make sure you heard that HATE!!!!!!!! Fat clothes.
6. I want to get naked when I have hot flashes and not cry!

Lots more...but these are for starters!

Darkblue
06-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Because I do not want my children to be ashamed of me.
Because I want to do activities with my family and not worry about having a heart attack.
Because I don't want my arthritis to get worse.
Because I am sick of my "fat clothes" and refuse to buy anything new until I lose weight.
Because colon cancer and heart disease run in my family, and I don't want to be the next statistic.
Because I don't like being the unattractive fat friend.

MaNdA22
06-19-2008, 09:14 PM
For when I decide to have babies
So I feel more confident
More energy
Positive attitude
To do the things I don't want to do now because of my weight(Go to the beach, ride on rollercoasters, bedroom stuff ect..)
To live a long and rewarding life so I can look back and not say I wish I would've lost the weight then I wouldve done.....for example.

WebRover
06-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Health
To be Active
Appearance
Clothes

Mommie27
06-20-2008, 01:42 AM
1) So I can enjoy playtime with my children.
2) So I can RUN!
3) So I can feel sexy again.
4) So I can be a healthy involved grandmother to my grandchildren.
5) So my children won't be ashamed of me...not that they are, it's MY issue but still...
6) So I can wear cute little clothes again! (Especially that little black dress).

THE Heather
06-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Mine is basically how I feel. I want to feel like I'm 20, not like I'm 70. I hate the aches, pains, and overall bad things that come with being overweight.

I'm pretty vain for an overweight girl. I don't mind though. I prefer it. I don't need to lose weight to be pretty. That's just how I feel though.

smyrah
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM
keep it going .

snflrgrl1962
06-20-2008, 08:42 AM
1. To get healthier
2. To shop for "normal" sized clothes
3. To not worry about fitting into a booth or chair
4. To feel sexy again
5. To live longer and be a hot grandma (someday)
6. To not be the fattest person in the group
7. To look in the mirror and wonder how I let this happen
8. To feel like I am in control....not food!
9. To ride all the rides at Disney World
10. To not get out of breath when I walk, exercise, play, etc.

smyrah
06-20-2008, 09:52 AM
you have your reason i have mine .

smyrah
06-20-2008, 10:15 AM
yeahhhhhhh

TJFitnessDiva
06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
My reasons are:

~ To be able to play with my kids without getting so darn tired after a few minutes
~ To ride on roller coaster without worrying if the harness is going to fit
~ I want to look as sexy as I feel, for myself and for my husband ;)
~ I want to be able to shop in the "thin" section!!
~ To wear bold and bright colors without looking like a big bright whale.

carol2208
06-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Most and above all to feel good about myself, feel proud of me for being in control of my life and not having food control me, but also:

To be the friend, sister, daughter... not the fat friend, fat sister, fat daughter...
To be hot, to feel hot
To be fit, to run a half marathon

I´d never thought I´d say that, but to be normal...

smyrah
06-20-2008, 03:27 PM
thanks guys

x meowkat x
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
I want to lose weight for so many reasons...

-Because I've been overweight my entire life (even as a very active child) and for once, just once, I want to be at a HEALTHY, normal weight.

-Because I'm tired of being clinically depressed...I know losing weight won't cure it, but I'm pretty darn sure it will help me feel better!

-Because I want to believe my boyfriend when he tells me how sexy and beautiful I am.

-Because I want to feel healthy, and BE healthy.

-Because I want to get decent parts in plays when I audition for them...with very few exceptions, the female lead is NEVER fat!

-Because I want to wear the clothes I love.

-Because I want to love myself.

librarygirl12
06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
I want to lose weight:
So I can one day have kids and not be enormous or unable to keep up with them
So I can be healthier, and the doctor can stop saying "you know you need to lose a little weight..."
So I can be more comfortable with myself
To be able to ride roller coasters and other amusement park rides not have to go through "you're too fat to ride this ride" ever again, once was more than embarrassingly enough
To live longer

smyrah
06-21-2008, 12:14 PM
tell me more

djay
06-21-2008, 12:33 PM
I want to be able to get out of the shower and wander around in a bath towel that I can wrap around me! A regulat bath towel!

smyrah
06-21-2008, 02:35 PM
you must know why ??????

graciegoose13
06-21-2008, 11:38 PM
i always love it when this topic comes up--it makes focusing on the ultimate goal so much easier!

okay here are my reasons for losing weight:

1. first and foremost, i want to be healthy. diabetes and high bp runs in both sides of my family and if i ever do have either of them, i want to be able say that it's not because of my unhealthy lifestyle.

2. i want to be in shape. naturally i'm pretty built and i want to take advantage of that. i want to be able to keep up in pick up games with my friends on the weekends and be able to hike a lot without feeling like i want to die afterwards.

3. frankly, i'm tired of being the nice fat girl. even though i've been overweight most of my life, i've been lucky enough that it hasn't negatively affected me in too terrible of a way. kids at school never made fun of me, my parents always told me i was awesome and beautiful and i really never had super low self confidence. HOWEVER, i do feel like being overweight has made me somewhat of a wall flower, and not by choice. in social settings, i often get ignored or brushed to the side (expecially when it comes to interacting of those curious creatures of the opposite sex) and that my friends, is not any fun.

4. oh, and did i mention i want to be smoking hot? because i totally do. :)\

once again, thanks for sharing everyone! you have no idea how much these kinds of posts inspire me!

smyrah
06-22-2008, 08:23 AM
i know how you feel.

oreokitty
06-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm sick of being the fat one in the crowd of friends, coworkers, etc.
I want to be able to sit in any chair without squeezing myself into it or worrying it will break.
I don't want to be out of breath doing nothing, getting tired easily.
I want to not buy plus size clothes.
I want to be physically attractive.
I want to be comfortable in my own skin and being in my body.
I want to feel healthy.

Amy :)

HoneyMustard
06-22-2008, 02:29 PM
My biggest reason for losing weight:

I won't be recognized! There are a lot of people I would prefer to never talk to again.

And of course to be healthier.

Sarah Mac
06-22-2008, 02:46 PM
1. I do not want my future to be grim with health complications
2. I want to be able to wear a tank top without worrying about if my bat wing will jiggle in the wind.
3. Finally get my family off my back :D
4. By committing to losing weight, I gain more self confidence each day. So imagine what my self confidence will be at goal weight :D

smyrah
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
we can't stop

Eves
06-23-2008, 11:48 PM
:lol: smyrah you sound just like my trainer!!

Because all this fat makes hides my guns. :strong:

djs06
06-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Reading through these, it's really cool that we share so much in common with our goals and the reasons for them... and yet it manifests in so many different ways! I love this thread.

My major ones are:

1. I am in graduate school, and I can't stand to think of myself starting a new career when I finish next spring and still feeling crappy about myself and my body. I don't want to feel judged when I go on interviews, and I don't want to feel distracted or lethargic when I start a new job. I want it to be an exciting time, not a bummer.

2. As a continuation of (1), I will be moving to a large city when I graduate. No matter where I move, I will not know anyone, and I've used my fat as an excuse to be a hermit and not let people get to know me. I want to get rid of this shell I've created for myself.

3. I want to be able to go into a mainstream store and get clothes on sale! And actually have fun shopping instead of a mini meltdown that starts and ends with tears and involves repetition of the phrase, "why did I let myself get like this?"

4. I want to feel like I'm 24. I don't. I feel like an old cat lady.

Beverlyjoy
06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
I would like to lose more weight because

- I'd like to buy clothes at a regular store

- I'd like to think that losing weight will make my aches and pains lessen

- I want to be able to keep up with my grandchild

- I want to show my son that I CAN do it

- I want to fit in a seat on an airplane without all my blubber bulging over the arm rests. On that note...I'd like to get into a seat without the person next to me thinking "oh no...I fat person is sitting next to me"

- I'd like to feel lite on my feet

- I don't want to be the fat one in the family anymore

- I'd like to feel beautiful and empowered

- I'd like to be able to move more and more freely

- Because I know alot of old people and I know alot of fat people - but, I don't know that many old, fat people (if you know what I mean)

- because I want to move farther away from the 200's

- because I want to have long term sanity with food

- to have a happy pancreas and other internal organs

xxxtine
06-24-2008, 11:03 AM
1. I do not want chronic pain in back, neck and knees.

2. I want to sit in an airplane or movie theater and not force my butt into the seat.

3. I am tired of being invisible.

4. Clothes....clothes and more clothes. I am tired of crying when something that looks great on the rack looks horrible on me.

H8cake
06-24-2008, 02:20 PM
There are so many, but here's a couple that have been on my mind lately...
1. I want to not cringe when someone takes my picture and I see how I look. I want to be happy to have my picture taken.
2. I want to see myself in a window or mirror from a distance and not feel sick. I always see how I look compared to others that are standing near and am horrified at how much larger I am.
3. Lately I keep catching my hubby looking at me, really looking at me. I ask him what he's looking at and He says, "you, you have really lost a lot of weight" It's nice that he likes looking, not that he ever didn't, but this is different. I want that to keep happening.:o

djs06
06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
3. Lately I keep catching my hubby looking at me, really looking at me. I ask him what he's looking at and He says, "you, you have really lost a lot of weight" It's nice that he likes looking, not that he ever didn't, but this is different. I want that to keep happening.:o

Awwwwww, I love this one.

djay
06-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I want to loose weight so that people will see me! How come the bigger you get the more invisible you get?

smyrah
06-25-2008, 10:51 AM
all of us have a reason.

lisaslost
06-26-2008, 02:16 AM
1: When I stand up, to look down and see my feet.

2: To feel better. Inside and out.

3: And to save money on clothes, cause skinny clothes are cheaper.

4: To finally get a life, and not the one from my sofa or my computer chair. Thats the one I have now and its not to great.

smyrah
06-27-2008, 01:01 PM
you must have a reason.

smyrah
07-06-2008, 02:36 PM
we know

djay
07-06-2008, 02:39 PM
I want to loose weight because I have a theory that if I just look straight down instead of having to bend so far forward to see the numbers on the scale it will read a much lower number.

Can't wait to see if it is true!

ScarlettDrawl
07-06-2008, 05:41 PM
4. I want to feel like I'm 24. I don't. I feel like an old cat lady.

LOL, love that one. I'm 24 too, well at the end of the month I will be, and I feel a lot older...except I have a dog.

I have a lot of reasons. Some of the big motivators right now are:

1. I want to feel sexy again. When I first met my husband, I felt incredibly sexy even though I was still overweight. Now almost 5 years, 1 baby, and 100 lbs later (I know, I know)...not so much.

2. I want to shop in regular stores again. I love clothes, shopping and getting gussied up for no reason but, for me, that's not as fun right now. I still do it though ;)

3. I don't want my son to grow up with a fat mommy. Honest truth. I want to be able to keep up with him and (this one's for me) not be the biggest mommy on the playground.

Mommie27
07-07-2008, 12:43 PM
So I can paint my toes MYSELF again :)

Rayelle
07-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Reasons that I want to lose weight:
1. I have always been 'fat' but I have now let myself go so far that I actually feel like crap because I am so big, so, to feel better.
2. Husband will be more attracted to me (even though he says he likes the way I look, I know he will like it more when I'm thinner)
3. I won't be embarrassed to go anywhere or do anything.
4. I can hang out with people and won't stick out like a sore thumb because they are all 100lbs.
5. Maybe my family and my husband's family will stop critisizing me about my weight. (This will never happend, but one can wish, right?)

Good luck all! :D

Rayelle
07-07-2008, 02:37 PM
5) I want my husband to not be able to keep his hands off me!!!
6) I don't want to be the fat friend.

I can totally relate to the 'fat friend' one - I have a couple of friends that purposly take me clothing shopping with them to stores that I can't fit into anything at and just shove it in my face big time.

I also love the husband one, its always a great motivator for the person that you love to REALLY find you irrisistable! :D

lalique
07-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I'm losing weight because:

1.) I want to be healthier
2.) I want to look better
3.) I want to feel better about myself
4.) I want to have a boyfriend someday... *sigh* lol
5.) I want to know what it feels like to wear shorts, swimsuits, dresses, etc..
6.) I want my crush to ask me out....

math puppy
07-09-2008, 04:16 AM
i want to feel connected to my body again. the kind of connection that will make makey my body powerful. i want to be able to run up a tree like its easy, to streach AAALLLL the way foward in a straigh leg streach. to kick over someones head with no sweat. i want to be a force to be reackoned with. i want ppl to look at me, and be able to tell, just by the way i walk, that i can do anything. anything at all