Entrees - Phase 1 - Chicken Cheesesteak Saute

View Full Version : Chicken Cheesesteak Saute

grneyedmustang
06-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I had this for dinner tonight. I'm sure this could also be made with lean, thinly sliced beef. Enjoy!

1/4 Cup Light italian dressing (NSA)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 6 chicken breast tenderloins
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup sliced bell pepper (red or green)
1 TBSP olive oil
2 slices light provolone cheese

Marinate chicken breasts in italian dressing, in a plastic bag, for at least two hours; drain well. After marinating, heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat for about two minutes. Sprinkle chicken with garlic and onion powder. Add chicken to skillet, and sear chicken until brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side). Add mushrooms, onions, and bell pepper. Cook for 5 - 7 minutes longer (7 - 8 minutes if using thick breasts). Tear cheese into small pieces and place on top of mixture. Place top on skillet and let sit for one to two minutes.

murphmitch
06-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds yummy. I can't find reduced fat provolone anywhere.

cottagebythesea
06-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Sargento makes a reduced fat provolone, I can usually find it at Walmart.

This recipe sounds good! It would be great on whole wheat tortillas or as a stuffing in pita bread on Phase 2. :)

grneyedmustang
06-19-2008, 11:29 AM
Sounds yummy. I can't find reduced fat provolone anywhere.
I'm sure you could use reduced fat swiss or mozzarella and it would come out just as good.

Auralei
06-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Oh, wow, GEM, this sounds delicious. I still have some chicken breasts for tomorrow night, I think this will be what I do with them if I can find the cheese. Love provolone, so yummy.

Auralei
06-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I changed my mind about about filets and made this tonight instead, and OMG so good. Thanks for the recipe :)

grneyedmustang
06-20-2008, 01:04 AM
Glad you enjoyed it! I can't believe it's diet food!!!!

hmacneil6
07-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Had this for dinner last night, it was great! The only thing I did differently was that I removed the chicken after it was seared and used a little chickenbroth in the veggies to soften them up. Extremely good!
Thanks!

Fat Melanie
07-10-2008, 01:42 PM
I have put this on my Phase 1 menu and plan on having this for dinner one night. :D I might use swiss cheese instead so I don't have to get a bunch of different cheeses, since I'm on a budget.

Your recipe sounds delicious! :D

Schmoodle
07-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Tried this tonight, very quick and easy and I am all about that. Tasty too, and the kids gave it a thumbs up!

zeffryn
05-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Making this for dinner tonight with garlic wilted spinach - I've been looking forward to it all day. Seems very comfort food-y with all the cheese and stuff.

zeffryn
01-11-2010, 07:41 PM
I must say, this is one of my favorite phase 1 meals. I absolutely love it. It is so comforting with the cheese. I had it tonight with spinach and spaghetti squash. Delicious!

UtahChick
03-01-2010, 07:15 PM
This sounds really good. Can you give me a brand of dressing? I haven't been able to find may that are labeled 'no sugar added'.

Thanks!

cottagebythesea
03-02-2010, 06:48 AM
This sounds really good. Can you give me a brand of dressing? I haven't been able to find may that are labeled 'no sugar added'.

Thanks!

For dressings, you may use one that is no more than 2 grams of sugar per serving. Newman's Own and Ken's Light are two that I use often.

grneyedmustang
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I actually prefer to make my own dressing. Here's a good recipe (substituting splenda for the sugar): http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Creamy-Italian-Dressing-I/Detail.aspx

xxBethxx
08-23-2010, 07:13 AM
looks good, I think I'll make it and maybe sub the chicken with grilled, sliced filet or strip steak for more of a philly cheese steak flavor. :hungry:

Natasha1534
08-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Oooooh, sounds really good. I'll have to try this one soon!!!

KnitWit Momma
05-27-2011, 05:28 PM
This was so good! I made it for lunch today. Only thing I will change next time is to make more of the onions, mushrooms, and peppers. The best SBD recipes I have tried.

jekel383
11-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Amazing!! Thoroughly enjoyed with steamed veggies. Who knew I could cook lol